XBiotech Announces Additions To Its Scientific Advisory Board
AUSTIN, Texas, 2017-04-10 16:37 CEST (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
XBiotech Inc. (NASDAQ:XBIT) is pleased to announce the appointments of four leading physicians to its Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) specializing in Oncology: Dr. Thierry André, Head of Medical Oncology Department, St. Antoine Hospital, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris; Dr. George Fisher of Stanford University; Dr. Andrew Hendifar, Co-Director of Cedars-Sinai; Dr. Alexander Knuth, Professor Emeritus University of Zurich; and Dr. Razelle Kurzrock, Chief of Hematology & Oncology, UC San Diego School of Medicine.
Dr. Alexander Knuth commented, “I have been delighted to follow XBiotech’s remarkable portfolio and growth over the years. XBiotech has developed an entirely new class of cancer therapeutics. Targeting inflammatory pathways in cancer patients with truly human derived monoclonal antibodies is proven to stabilize disease and improve performance and quality of life, even in heavily pretreated patients with advanced disease. As an oncologist, I recognize the urgent need for effective therapies without the toxicities encountered with most established cancer therapeutics. I am honored to formally serve as an advisor with my esteemed colleagues to help bring this important new treatment modality to cancer patients in need.”
XBiotech’s SAB Members in Oncology Include:
- Thierry André, M.D. Dr. André is currently Professor of Medical Oncology at the University Pierre et Marie Curie (UMPC), Paris VI, and Head of the Medical Oncology Department in St. Antoine Hospital, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris. He is the Founding member and General Secretary of the GERCOR (Multidisciplinary Oncology Research Group) and leads the colorectal task force of GERCOR and also serves as a Member of the Adjuvant Colon Cancer Endpoints (ACCENT) group. Dr. André’s main research interest is in gastrointestinal malignancies. Dr. André is a member of several scientific organizations including the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), and was chairman of the GI Cancer Board for Research of the French National Institute (INCA).
- George A. Fisher, Jr. M.D., Ph.D. Dr. Fisher is a medical oncologist and gastrointestinal specialist and is the Colleen Haas Chair at Stanford University School of Medicine. Dr. Fisher has been the National Chair of XBiotech’s Phase III study since evaluating the Company’s lead antibody product candidate for the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer. His clinical and research interests are focused on gastrointestinal malignancies, combined modality therapy in gastric, esophageal, pancreas and rectal cancers, immunotherapy, and translational research. He is a member of the Stanford Cancer Institute and has held numerous administrative appointments at the Stanford University School of Medicine including Director for the Cancer Clinical Trials Office.
- Andrew Hendifar, M.D. Dr. Hendifar is the Co-Director of Pancreas Oncology and Medical Oncology Lead for Gastrointestinal Disease Research at Cedars-Sinai. Dr. Hendifar has been an important Principal Investigator in XBiotech’s Phase III study for colorectal cancer, where he has made important clinical observations in patients. Dr. Hendifar is performing pioneering work in the development of new approaches to treat and evaluate therapies in pancreatic cancer. His work to elucidate the importance of body mass index and biomarkers as prognosticators in cancer is providing new insight on the importance of new measures in disease management and therapeutic strategies. Dr. Hendifar's findings have been published in prestigious journals, including the Lancet, Cancer, Journal of Clinical Oncology, and Clinical Cancer Research. Dr. Hendifar has displayed deep subject-matter knowledge in presentations for organizations such as the National Institutes of Health and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Alexander Knuth, M.D. Dr. Knuth is a medical oncologist with a long research interest and major contributions to cancer immunology. For years, Dr. Knuth worked closely with Dr. Lloyd Old and the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, pioneering the characterization of tumor associated antigens and immunotherapies. Dr. Knuth is Professor Emeritus of the University of Zurich where he held the Chair of Internal Medicine/Oncology at the University Hospital (UZH) from 2003 until 2013. At UZH, Dr. Knuth used XBiotech’s candidate therapeutic antibody for colorectal cancer under compassionate protocols. Prior to heading oncology at UZH, Dr. Knuth was Chief Physician of Hematology & Oncology at Northwest Hospital in Frankfurt, Germany. He has received many awards, including the prestigious Johann-Georg-Zimmermann Medal. Dr. Knuth is a member of the Cancer Research Institute’s (CRI) Scientific Advisory Council and is a member of CRI’s global clinical investigator network. Dr. Knuth is currently the Medical Director and Chief Executive Officer of the National Center for Cancer Care and Research (NCCCR) and Chairman of Cancer Services at Hamad Medical Corporation in Doha, Qatar.
- Razelle Kurzrock, M.D. Dr. Kurzrock is a medical oncologist and a renowned expert in precision medicine. She is a thought leader in the use of anti-cytokine therapies for the treatment of cancer and one of the first to recognize the importance of the interleukin-1 pathway in cancer. While at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Dr. Kurzrock built one of the most successful Phase 1 clinical trials programs in the nation, and was the senior author in the pioneering study for the Company’s colorectal cancer study. Dr. Kurzrock currently serves as Senior Deputy Center Director for Clinical Science, Director at the Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy, Director of the Clinical Trials Office, and a Team Leader for Experimental Therapeutics at the Moores Cancer Center at UC San Diego. Dr. Kurzrock is also Chief of the Hematology & Oncology Division in the UC San Diego School of Medicine.
John Simard, President & CEO of XBiotech, commented, “It is more than gratifying to have these remarkable people share their knowledge and experience with us. We are indeed brought together by the common will to advance new therapies for cancer.”
About True Human™ Therapeutic Antibodies
XBiotech’s True Human™ antibodies are derived without modification from individuals who possess natural immunity to certain diseases. With discovery and clinical programs across multiple disease areas, XBiotech’s True Human antibodies have the potential to harness the body’s natural immunity to fight disease with increased safety, efficacy and tolerability.
XBiotech is a fully integrated global biosciences company dedicated to pioneering the discovery, development and commercialization of therapeutic antibodies based on its True Human™ proprietary technology. XBiotech currently is advancing a robust pipeline of antibody therapies to redefine the standards of care in oncology, inflammatory conditions and infectious diseases. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, XBiotech also is leading the development of innovative biotech manufacturing technologies designed to more rapidly, cost-effectively and flexibly produce new therapies urgently needed by patients worldwide. For more information, visit www.xbiotech.com.
Cautionary Note on Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including declarations regarding management's beliefs and expectations that involve substantial risks and uncertainties. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "would," "could," "expects," "plans," "contemplate," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "projects," "intend" or "continue" or the negative of such terms or other comparable terminology, although not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. Forward-looking statements are subject to inherent risks and uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions that could cause the actual results to differ materially from those projected in these forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties are subject to the disclosures set forth in the "Risk Factors" section of certain of our SEC filings. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and our actual results of operations, financial condition and liquidity, and the development of the industry in which we operate, may differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained in this press release. Any forward-looking statements that we make in this press release speak only as of the date of this press release. We assume no obligation to update our forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, after the date of this press release.
Om NASDAQ OMX
NASDAQ OMX (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra NASDAQ OMX
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra NASDAQ OMX på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra NASDAQ OMX
Nasdaq Welcomes RISE Education Cayman Ltd. (Nasdaq: REDU) to The Nasdaq Stock Market20.10.2017 18:37 | Pressemelding
NEW YORK, Oct. 20, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RISE Education Cayman Ltd. (Nasdaq:REDU), a leader in China's junior English Language Training (ELT) market, rang the opening bell at the Nasdaq MarketSite in Times Square today in celebration of its initial public offering (IPO) on The Nasdaq Stock Market. Photos accompanying this announcement are available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/f59490cf-9a81-4114-92a1-05edcb3f5694 http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/5692f99d-9ed0-4be2-928d-9c94f4b152e8 RISE pioneered the "subject-based learning" teaching philosophy in China, whereby various subject matters, such as language arts, math, natural science and social science are used to teach English. RISE's course offerings use interactive courseware to create an immersive English learning environment that helps students learn to speak and think like a native speaker. In addition, their curricula are des
Concurrent Achieves Sales Milestone for Zephyr Transcode19.10.2017 15:35 | Pressemelding
Concurrent Customers Now Transcoding on Three Continents ATLANTA, Oct. 19, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Concurrent (NASDAQ:CCUR), a global leader in storage, protection, transformation, and delivery of visual media assets, announced today that Zephyr Transcode, which Concurrent launched last year as an integral part of its content delivery network (CDN) solutions, is now deployed with customers in Asia, Europe and North America. The deployments already support thousands of on-demand assets being transcoded to multiple formats and bit-rates to support any place, any device content availability. Zephyr Transcode supports multiple formats and quality levels including H.264 (MPEG-4) and H.265 (HEVC), strengthening Concurrent customers' capability to provide high-quality standards-based streams to any device their end-users desire. Zephyr Transcode is software-based and capable of running in traditional Central Processing Units (CPU) as well as Gra
German Armed Forces Renews Contract for Hexagon Geospatial Products19.10.2017 15:11 | Pressemelding
Defense agency will work closely with Hexagon Geospatial Premium Partner for next two years NORCROSS, Ga., Oct. 19, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- At the HxGN LOCAL Defense Summit, a conference dedicated to defense and security in Western Europe, Hexagon Geospatial announced that the Bundeswehr Geoinformation Centre (BGIC) recently renewed a large software maintenance contract for Hexagon Geospatial products. The two-year renewal is for more than 100 licenses, mainly within the GeoMedia and ImageStation product families. The contract also includes consulting for workflow optimization. The contract was issued to Geosystems, a Hexagon Geospatial Premium Partner, which will work closely with the local subsidiary of Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure in Bonn and Munich to support BGIC. "The strong Hexagon Geospatial partner network allows our defense customers to benefit from a unique pool of expertise and tradecraft in the areas of remote sensing, GIS, and photog
Novel Preclinical Research Tools Provide Humanized Immune Response to Advance Immunotherapeutic Development, Live Webinar Hosted by Crown Bioscience19.10.2017 14:00 | Pressemelding
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Oct. 19, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Crown Bioscience, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Crown Bioscience International (TWSE:ticker 6554) and a global drug discovery and development services company providing translational platforms to advance oncology, inflammation, cardiovascular and metabolic disease research, announces a live webinar to be presented by Dr. Michelle Mack, Director of Global Scientific Engagement, entitled "Beyond Syngeneics - Novel Tools for Addressing Human Specificity in Immuno-Oncology." Checkpoint inhibitors like anti-PD-1, anti-PD-L1, and anti-CTLA-4 have revolutionized cancer treatment and have recently gained approval in several cancer types. Despite their potential, immunotherapies face significant development challenges due to the specificity and complexity of the human immune system upon which they act. Crown Bioscience has generated innovative research models to address these obstacles early during preclinical drug development.
Perfectus Aluminum Inc. Responds to Trade Group19.10.2017 13:00 | Pressemelding
ONTARIO, Calif., Oct. 19, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Perfectus Aluminum Inc. has issued the following: On October 12, 2017 the Aluminum Extruders Council (AEC), an industry group representing largely American aluminum extruders, posted to its blog a false narrative regarding a suit to which Perfectus Aluminum Inc. is a related party. The government is not "seeking unpaid duties from Perfectus for goods brought into the country." Rather, the government is attempting to use a 2017 Department of Commerce determination to assess retroactive antidumping duties on goods imported as early as 2011. It is discouraging that AEC would tout such an obviously egregious government overstep as a "victory" to their members and the industry: were it one of AEC's own members facing such an obvious violation of fair play and due process, it would rightfully argue that government overreach is a threat to manufacturers everywhere. In addition to the hypocrisy of the AEC's promotion of this case, its s
Payvision's annual report reveals cross-border ecommerce trends in 201719.10.2017 09:00 | Pressemelding
With online marketplaces and consumer technology leading the way for growth AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands, Oct. 19, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Payvision, global acquirer and data-driven omnichannel solutions provider, has published the findings of its fifth annual cross-border ecommerce research report, in collaboration with Juniper Research. The paper includes the results of a global survey of various industry players regarding the game-changers, the biggest challenges, the best practices for going cross-border, and much more. When compared to last year's findings, the report reveals a new and exciting context for global cross-border trade. The compound annual growth rate predicted for the next three years for cross-border ecommerce is now 17%, whereas it stands at just 12% for ecommerce overall. Also, over the past 12 months, merchants' attitudes towards cross-border ecommerce have become more positive, with 50% of respondents agreeing and 31% strongly
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom