XBiotech Announces Additions To Its Scientific Advisory Board
AUSTIN, Texas, 2017-04-10 16:37 CEST (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
XBiotech Inc. (NASDAQ:XBIT) is pleased to announce the appointments of four leading physicians to its Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) specializing in Oncology: Dr. Thierry André, Head of Medical Oncology Department, St. Antoine Hospital, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris; Dr. George Fisher of Stanford University; Dr. Andrew Hendifar, Co-Director of Cedars-Sinai; Dr. Alexander Knuth, Professor Emeritus University of Zurich; and Dr. Razelle Kurzrock, Chief of Hematology & Oncology, UC San Diego School of Medicine.
Dr. Alexander Knuth commented, “I have been delighted to follow XBiotech’s remarkable portfolio and growth over the years. XBiotech has developed an entirely new class of cancer therapeutics. Targeting inflammatory pathways in cancer patients with truly human derived monoclonal antibodies is proven to stabilize disease and improve performance and quality of life, even in heavily pretreated patients with advanced disease. As an oncologist, I recognize the urgent need for effective therapies without the toxicities encountered with most established cancer therapeutics. I am honored to formally serve as an advisor with my esteemed colleagues to help bring this important new treatment modality to cancer patients in need.”
XBiotech’s SAB Members in Oncology Include:
- Thierry André, M.D. Dr. André is currently Professor of Medical Oncology at the University Pierre et Marie Curie (UMPC), Paris VI, and Head of the Medical Oncology Department in St. Antoine Hospital, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris. He is the Founding member and General Secretary of the GERCOR (Multidisciplinary Oncology Research Group) and leads the colorectal task force of GERCOR and also serves as a Member of the Adjuvant Colon Cancer Endpoints (ACCENT) group. Dr. André’s main research interest is in gastrointestinal malignancies. Dr. André is a member of several scientific organizations including the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), and was chairman of the GI Cancer Board for Research of the French National Institute (INCA).
- George A. Fisher, Jr. M.D., Ph.D. Dr. Fisher is a medical oncologist and gastrointestinal specialist and is the Colleen Haas Chair at Stanford University School of Medicine. Dr. Fisher has been the National Chair of XBiotech’s Phase III study since evaluating the Company’s lead antibody product candidate for the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer. His clinical and research interests are focused on gastrointestinal malignancies, combined modality therapy in gastric, esophageal, pancreas and rectal cancers, immunotherapy, and translational research. He is a member of the Stanford Cancer Institute and has held numerous administrative appointments at the Stanford University School of Medicine including Director for the Cancer Clinical Trials Office.
- Andrew Hendifar, M.D. Dr. Hendifar is the Co-Director of Pancreas Oncology and Medical Oncology Lead for Gastrointestinal Disease Research at Cedars-Sinai. Dr. Hendifar has been an important Principal Investigator in XBiotech’s Phase III study for colorectal cancer, where he has made important clinical observations in patients. Dr. Hendifar is performing pioneering work in the development of new approaches to treat and evaluate therapies in pancreatic cancer. His work to elucidate the importance of body mass index and biomarkers as prognosticators in cancer is providing new insight on the importance of new measures in disease management and therapeutic strategies. Dr. Hendifar's findings have been published in prestigious journals, including the Lancet, Cancer, Journal of Clinical Oncology, and Clinical Cancer Research. Dr. Hendifar has displayed deep subject-matter knowledge in presentations for organizations such as the National Institutes of Health and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Alexander Knuth, M.D. Dr. Knuth is a medical oncologist with a long research interest and major contributions to cancer immunology. For years, Dr. Knuth worked closely with Dr. Lloyd Old and the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, pioneering the characterization of tumor associated antigens and immunotherapies. Dr. Knuth is Professor Emeritus of the University of Zurich where he held the Chair of Internal Medicine/Oncology at the University Hospital (UZH) from 2003 until 2013. At UZH, Dr. Knuth used XBiotech’s candidate therapeutic antibody for colorectal cancer under compassionate protocols. Prior to heading oncology at UZH, Dr. Knuth was Chief Physician of Hematology & Oncology at Northwest Hospital in Frankfurt, Germany. He has received many awards, including the prestigious Johann-Georg-Zimmermann Medal. Dr. Knuth is a member of the Cancer Research Institute’s (CRI) Scientific Advisory Council and is a member of CRI’s global clinical investigator network. Dr. Knuth is currently the Medical Director and Chief Executive Officer of the National Center for Cancer Care and Research (NCCCR) and Chairman of Cancer Services at Hamad Medical Corporation in Doha, Qatar.
- Razelle Kurzrock, M.D. Dr. Kurzrock is a medical oncologist and a renowned expert in precision medicine. She is a thought leader in the use of anti-cytokine therapies for the treatment of cancer and one of the first to recognize the importance of the interleukin-1 pathway in cancer. While at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Dr. Kurzrock built one of the most successful Phase 1 clinical trials programs in the nation, and was the senior author in the pioneering study for the Company’s colorectal cancer study. Dr. Kurzrock currently serves as Senior Deputy Center Director for Clinical Science, Director at the Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy, Director of the Clinical Trials Office, and a Team Leader for Experimental Therapeutics at the Moores Cancer Center at UC San Diego. Dr. Kurzrock is also Chief of the Hematology & Oncology Division in the UC San Diego School of Medicine.
John Simard, President & CEO of XBiotech, commented, “It is more than gratifying to have these remarkable people share their knowledge and experience with us. We are indeed brought together by the common will to advance new therapies for cancer.”
About True Human™ Therapeutic Antibodies
XBiotech’s True Human™ antibodies are derived without modification from individuals who possess natural immunity to certain diseases. With discovery and clinical programs across multiple disease areas, XBiotech’s True Human antibodies have the potential to harness the body’s natural immunity to fight disease with increased safety, efficacy and tolerability.
XBiotech is a fully integrated global biosciences company dedicated to pioneering the discovery, development and commercialization of therapeutic antibodies based on its True Human™ proprietary technology. XBiotech currently is advancing a robust pipeline of antibody therapies to redefine the standards of care in oncology, inflammatory conditions and infectious diseases. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, XBiotech also is leading the development of innovative biotech manufacturing technologies designed to more rapidly, cost-effectively and flexibly produce new therapies urgently needed by patients worldwide. For more information, visit www.xbiotech.com.
Cautionary Note on Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including declarations regarding management's beliefs and expectations that involve substantial risks and uncertainties. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "would," "could," "expects," "plans," "contemplate," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "projects," "intend" or "continue" or the negative of such terms or other comparable terminology, although not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. Forward-looking statements are subject to inherent risks and uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions that could cause the actual results to differ materially from those projected in these forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties are subject to the disclosures set forth in the "Risk Factors" section of certain of our SEC filings. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and our actual results of operations, financial condition and liquidity, and the development of the industry in which we operate, may differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained in this press release. Any forward-looking statements that we make in this press release speak only as of the date of this press release. We assume no obligation to update our forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, after the date of this press release.
Om Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
+1 212 401 8700http://www.nasdaqomx.com
NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
YouGov poll reveals UK adults are seeking innovative, digital payment experiences from their banks16.7.2018 01:04 | Pressemelding
New research showcases a list of innovative ways we'd like better protection against fraud and a more active role in controlling our payment cards· Switching cards on and off for better fraud controls, quickly reactivating blocked cards and mobile app based self-service is the future London, UK, July 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- UK adults are ready for real-time interaction with their banks. The results of a recent YouGov survey, on behalf of Ondot, revealed today that online security and fraud prevention comes top in what Brits think banks should guarantee, with 60% wanting 'peace of mind' when using cards online. The survey also discovered that consumers are keen to play a much more proactive role in managing their personal finances. New ways of managing their card services before, during and after a payment; how, when and where cards are used and the ability switch your card 'on' and 'off' to create extra vigilance against fraud - are all important to today's card user. The omnibus
GlobeNewswire Test Release14.7.2018 07:00 | Pressemelding
LOS ANGELES, July 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- This is a test from GlobeNewswire. Readers are advised to disregard. TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING – -END- CONTACT: Karen Yu Senior Director, Global Head of GlobeNewswire Media Relations Direct: +1 310 258 6917 Mobile: +1 626 389 7427 or David Didier Lislet Manager, GlobeNewswire Media Relations, EMEA Phone: +33 185 341 347 Mobile: +33 603 702 885
Brookfield Asset Management 2018 Second Quarter Results Conference Call And Webcast13.7.2018 16:04 | Pressemelding
Date: Thursday, August 9, 2018 Time: 11:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) TORONTO, July 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Second Quarter Conference Call You are invited to participate in Brookfield Asset Management's 2018 Second Quarter Conference Call & Webcast on Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) to discuss with members of senior management our results and current business initiatives. These results will be released on August 9th before 7:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) and will be available following the release on our website at www.brookfield.com "News - Press Releases." The Conference Call will also be Webcast live on our website, where it will be archived for future reference. To participate in the Conference Call, please dial (877) 255-3077 toll free in North America, or for overseas calls please dial (647) 252-4453 at approximately 10:50 a.m. The Conference Call will also be Webcast live at https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/1795914/64490BD29FBE43FAF176E3AF02943920. For those unable to p
Squirrels Research Labs Announces Acorn Cryptocurrency Acceleration Hardware12.7.2018 21:04 | Pressemelding
NORTH CANTON, Ohio, July 12, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Squirrels Research Labs today announced Acorn, a new hardware component that improves efficiency and effectiveness of cryptocurrency mining. "We developed a piece of hardware called Acorn that increases the effectiveness of existing GPU mining operations without adding a significant cost," Squirrels president David Stanfill said. "This is a brand new concept that's never been done before." Acorn works in sync with GPUs to offload work that typically creates bottlenecks in mining. It performs the work much faster, resulting in an increase in overall mining efficiency. Initially three models will be available: CLE-101, CLE-215 and CLE-215+. Each model uses high-performance FPGA chips from Xilinx Inc. (NASDAQ:XLNX) in an M.2 slot to perform the least GPU-efficient parts of cryptocurrency mining. All Acorn models work with memory-intensive algorithms like Ethash and CryptoNight V1. The 215 and 215+ models work with both memory-intensive
NRT & Sightline Secure Multi-Year Exclusive Agreement with Ocean Resort Casino12.7.2018 19:30 | Pressemelding
Atlantic City's newest resort casino opens with a seamless customer experience for omni-channel solutions LAS VEGAS, July 12, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NRT Technology Corp. and Sightline Payments, LLC (together "NRT Sightline") today announced that Ocean Resort Casino in Atlantic City, N.J. opened its doors with the full suite of NRT Sightline solutions, including Play+, QJ self-serve kiosks, Cash+ ATM, credit and debit advances, VisuaLimits table signs and analytics, and the full suite of NCC credit and compliance solutions. "NRT Sightline has invested in cutting-edge technology that gives us a competitive advantage, and we look forward to our long-term partnership with this world-class technology leader," said Alan Greenstein, Chief Financial Officer of Ocean Resort Casino. "Ocean Resort Casino is Atlantic City's showcase property for a truly omni-channel guest experience. As the lines that separate cash and cashless commerce converge in gaming, our solutions remove friction from the
VeriTransfer(TM) Unveils the First Known Proof-of-Concept for a Blockchain Enabled Firearms Licence Verification and Ownership Transfer12.7.2018 17:43 | Pressemelding
Blockchain Enabled Firearms Solution Ensures Instant Verification of Ownership and Safe Transfer While Maintaining Data Privacy TORONTO, July 12, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- VeriTransfer(TM) today announced the completion of its Proof-of-Concept ("POC") of the first publicly announced Blockchain enabled solution that decentralizes the process of storing the ownership rights and transfer of firearms. VeriTransfer(TM) is also pleased to announce that it will donate a percentage of all future revenues or the proceeds from any future sale of the company towards foundations whose mission is to end gun violence and build safer communities. The Gun Epidemic & The Economic Impact The United States hosts 4.4% of the world's population, but almost 50% of the 644 million civilian-owned guns globally are located in the U.S. Disturbingly, more American citizens have died as a result of gunshots in the U.S. since 1968 than on the battlefield of all the wars in American history from 1175 to 2015. In add
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom