XBiotech Announces Additions To Its Scientific Advisory Board
AUSTIN, Texas, 2017-04-10 16:37 CEST (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
XBiotech Inc. (NASDAQ:XBIT) is pleased to announce the appointments of four leading physicians to its Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) specializing in Oncology: Dr. Thierry André, Head of Medical Oncology Department, St. Antoine Hospital, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris; Dr. George Fisher of Stanford University; Dr. Andrew Hendifar, Co-Director of Cedars-Sinai; Dr. Alexander Knuth, Professor Emeritus University of Zurich; and Dr. Razelle Kurzrock, Chief of Hematology & Oncology, UC San Diego School of Medicine.
Dr. Alexander Knuth commented, “I have been delighted to follow XBiotech’s remarkable portfolio and growth over the years. XBiotech has developed an entirely new class of cancer therapeutics. Targeting inflammatory pathways in cancer patients with truly human derived monoclonal antibodies is proven to stabilize disease and improve performance and quality of life, even in heavily pretreated patients with advanced disease. As an oncologist, I recognize the urgent need for effective therapies without the toxicities encountered with most established cancer therapeutics. I am honored to formally serve as an advisor with my esteemed colleagues to help bring this important new treatment modality to cancer patients in need.”
XBiotech’s SAB Members in Oncology Include:
- Thierry André, M.D. Dr. André is currently Professor of Medical Oncology at the University Pierre et Marie Curie (UMPC), Paris VI, and Head of the Medical Oncology Department in St. Antoine Hospital, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris. He is the Founding member and General Secretary of the GERCOR (Multidisciplinary Oncology Research Group) and leads the colorectal task force of GERCOR and also serves as a Member of the Adjuvant Colon Cancer Endpoints (ACCENT) group. Dr. André’s main research interest is in gastrointestinal malignancies. Dr. André is a member of several scientific organizations including the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), and was chairman of the GI Cancer Board for Research of the French National Institute (INCA).
- George A. Fisher, Jr. M.D., Ph.D. Dr. Fisher is a medical oncologist and gastrointestinal specialist and is the Colleen Haas Chair at Stanford University School of Medicine. Dr. Fisher has been the National Chair of XBiotech’s Phase III study since evaluating the Company’s lead antibody product candidate for the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer. His clinical and research interests are focused on gastrointestinal malignancies, combined modality therapy in gastric, esophageal, pancreas and rectal cancers, immunotherapy, and translational research. He is a member of the Stanford Cancer Institute and has held numerous administrative appointments at the Stanford University School of Medicine including Director for the Cancer Clinical Trials Office.
- Andrew Hendifar, M.D. Dr. Hendifar is the Co-Director of Pancreas Oncology and Medical Oncology Lead for Gastrointestinal Disease Research at Cedars-Sinai. Dr. Hendifar has been an important Principal Investigator in XBiotech’s Phase III study for colorectal cancer, where he has made important clinical observations in patients. Dr. Hendifar is performing pioneering work in the development of new approaches to treat and evaluate therapies in pancreatic cancer. His work to elucidate the importance of body mass index and biomarkers as prognosticators in cancer is providing new insight on the importance of new measures in disease management and therapeutic strategies. Dr. Hendifar's findings have been published in prestigious journals, including the Lancet, Cancer, Journal of Clinical Oncology, and Clinical Cancer Research. Dr. Hendifar has displayed deep subject-matter knowledge in presentations for organizations such as the National Institutes of Health and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Alexander Knuth, M.D. Dr. Knuth is a medical oncologist with a long research interest and major contributions to cancer immunology. For years, Dr. Knuth worked closely with Dr. Lloyd Old and the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, pioneering the characterization of tumor associated antigens and immunotherapies. Dr. Knuth is Professor Emeritus of the University of Zurich where he held the Chair of Internal Medicine/Oncology at the University Hospital (UZH) from 2003 until 2013. At UZH, Dr. Knuth used XBiotech’s candidate therapeutic antibody for colorectal cancer under compassionate protocols. Prior to heading oncology at UZH, Dr. Knuth was Chief Physician of Hematology & Oncology at Northwest Hospital in Frankfurt, Germany. He has received many awards, including the prestigious Johann-Georg-Zimmermann Medal. Dr. Knuth is a member of the Cancer Research Institute’s (CRI) Scientific Advisory Council and is a member of CRI’s global clinical investigator network. Dr. Knuth is currently the Medical Director and Chief Executive Officer of the National Center for Cancer Care and Research (NCCCR) and Chairman of Cancer Services at Hamad Medical Corporation in Doha, Qatar.
- Razelle Kurzrock, M.D. Dr. Kurzrock is a medical oncologist and a renowned expert in precision medicine. She is a thought leader in the use of anti-cytokine therapies for the treatment of cancer and one of the first to recognize the importance of the interleukin-1 pathway in cancer. While at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Dr. Kurzrock built one of the most successful Phase 1 clinical trials programs in the nation, and was the senior author in the pioneering study for the Company’s colorectal cancer study. Dr. Kurzrock currently serves as Senior Deputy Center Director for Clinical Science, Director at the Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy, Director of the Clinical Trials Office, and a Team Leader for Experimental Therapeutics at the Moores Cancer Center at UC San Diego. Dr. Kurzrock is also Chief of the Hematology & Oncology Division in the UC San Diego School of Medicine.
John Simard, President & CEO of XBiotech, commented, “It is more than gratifying to have these remarkable people share their knowledge and experience with us. We are indeed brought together by the common will to advance new therapies for cancer.”
About True Human™ Therapeutic Antibodies
XBiotech’s True Human™ antibodies are derived without modification from individuals who possess natural immunity to certain diseases. With discovery and clinical programs across multiple disease areas, XBiotech’s True Human antibodies have the potential to harness the body’s natural immunity to fight disease with increased safety, efficacy and tolerability.
XBiotech is a fully integrated global biosciences company dedicated to pioneering the discovery, development and commercialization of therapeutic antibodies based on its True Human™ proprietary technology. XBiotech currently is advancing a robust pipeline of antibody therapies to redefine the standards of care in oncology, inflammatory conditions and infectious diseases. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, XBiotech also is leading the development of innovative biotech manufacturing technologies designed to more rapidly, cost-effectively and flexibly produce new therapies urgently needed by patients worldwide. For more information, visit www.xbiotech.com.
Cautionary Note on Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including declarations regarding management's beliefs and expectations that involve substantial risks and uncertainties. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "would," "could," "expects," "plans," "contemplate," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "projects," "intend" or "continue" or the negative of such terms or other comparable terminology, although not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. Forward-looking statements are subject to inherent risks and uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions that could cause the actual results to differ materially from those projected in these forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties are subject to the disclosures set forth in the "Risk Factors" section of certain of our SEC filings. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and our actual results of operations, financial condition and liquidity, and the development of the industry in which we operate, may differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained in this press release. Any forward-looking statements that we make in this press release speak only as of the date of this press release. We assume no obligation to update our forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, after the date of this press release.
Om Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
+1 212 401 8700http://www.nasdaqomx.com
NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Oxford Immunotec and QIAGEN N.V. Settle Patent Infringement Lawsuit15.12.2017 22:04 | Pressemelding
Agreement includes payment of $27.5 million to Oxford, royalty-free license to QIAGEN and dismissal of all pending litigation OXFORD, United Kingdom and MARLBOROUGH, Mass., Dec. 15, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Oxford Immunotec Ltd. (Nasdaq:OXFD) and QIAGEN N.V. (Nasdaq:QGEN) (Frankfurt Stock Exchange:QIA) announced today that they have reached a settlement in the lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts in Boston (15-cv-13124-NMG) alleging patent infringement in relation to QIAGEN's QuantiFERON®-TB Gold and QuantiFERON®-TB Gold Plus products. Under terms of the agreement, all pending claims between Oxford and QIAGEN and the co-defendants have been resolved. As part of the settlement, Oxford has granted QIAGEN a royalty-free, non-exclusive license that extends to all current and future customers of QuantiFERON-TB Gold and QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus in exchange for a one-time, lump-sum payment of $27.5 million. The settlement includes general
Algeco Scotsman Announces Acquisition of Iron Horse Ranch15.12.2017 21:32 | Pressemelding
BALTIMORE, Dec. 15, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Algeco/Scotsman Holding S.à r.l. (together with its subsidiaries, the "Algeco Group") today announced the successful closing of the acquisition by the Algeco Group's subsidiary, Target Logistics Management, LLC ("Target Logistics"), of Iron Horse Ranch from funds managed by TDR Capital LLP ("TDR"). The acquisition solidifies Target Logistics' position as the single largest provider of turnkey workforce housing in the U.S., including a network of eight lodges and 2,119 beds in the Permian Basin. With the acquisition, Target Logistics' Permian Basin lodge network now includes Texas lodges in Pecos, Mentone, San Angelo and two in Odessa, along with two lodges in Carlsbad and Lovington, New Mexico. Additionally, Target Logistics adds Eagle Ford lodges in Cameron and Yorktown, Texas. Diarmuid Cummins, CEO Algeco Scotsman: "Today we announce the completion of the second of two strategic acquisitions which we flagged earlier
Elemica Named to Food Logistics Top 100 List15.12.2017 13:55 | Pressemelding
11th Consecutive Win for Delivering Value Across Clients' Supply Chains WAYNE, Pa., Dec. 15, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Elemica, the leading Business Network for the process industries, announces the company has been named to Food Logistics magazine's FL100+ Award for the 11th year. The FL100+ list recognizes leading software and technology providers in the food and beverage industry. Elemica was chosen for helping agricultural and food ingredient businesses conduct more efficient and error free commerce across their community of suppliers, customers and logistics providers - delivering value through lower operating expenses and working capital costs. "We are honored to be included for the past eleven years on the Food Logistics FL100+ list for helping companies improve efficiencies and generate value from their supply chains," said John Blyzinskyj, CEO of Elemica. "Automating business processes, enabling end-to-end visibility, and providing a platform for
GSV Asset Management Announces Strategic Investment from HMC Capital-Led Group14.12.2017 21:03 | Pressemelding
WOODSIDE, Calif. and NEW YORK, Dec. 14, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GSV Asset Management, LLC ("GSV"), a modern merchant bank that identifies, advises, and invests in the fastest growing, most dynamic companies in the world - the Stars of Tomorrow - today announced a strategic investment from a group led by HMC Capital ("HMC"), a leading Latin American advisory and investment firm. While terms of the deal were not disclosed, the investment will result in a minority ownership interest for the HMC-led group in GSV Asset Management. Proceeds will be used to enhance GSV's ongoing investment activities, as well as to accelerate its strategic expansion into new business areas and geographies. "We are very excited to partner with HMC Capital, a multi-billion dollar asset manager that brings a range of complimentary capabilities to GSV Asset Management," said Michael Moe, founder of GSV. "GSV stands for Global Silicon Valley and our alliance with HMC reflects our shared commitment t
TrueCommerce Datalliance Releases Third 2017 Update for Vendor Managed Inventory Platform14.12.2017 19:28 | Pressemelding
Latest Software Update Enhances Browser, Productivity Experience CINCINNATI, Dec. 14, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- TrueCommerce Datalliance, a leading vendor managed inventory service solutions provider, announced today that it released the third scheduled 2017 update to its VMI platform. The free update is part of TrueCommerce Datalliance's commitment to improving the functionality of its cloud-based supply chain software. Highlights of the release include several improvements to its system architecture and capabilities: Google Chrome is now officially supported Order Worksheets are now easier to view in Internet Explorer One-click access to recently changed or added items Mass Launch Order Preview lists all items suggested or added via allocation "We promise our customers three major updates every year," said Connie Shafer, TrueCommerce Datalliance Producti
ATTO announces support for Apple® Release of the new iMac Pro14.12.2017 18:37 | Pressemelding
ATTO's line of ThunderboltTM technology enabled products continue to revolutionize connectivity to storage AMHERST, N.Y., Dec. 14, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ATTO Technology, Inc., a global leader of storage and network connectivity and infrastructure solutions for data-intensive computing environments, today confirmed their continued commitment to the newly released line of product updates and innovations from Apple. With the powerful and new iMac Pro® now shipping, ATTO continues to support the new offerings from this industry leading manufacturer. "Our deep relationship with Apple over the last 30 years continues to drive our position as a leading force within the Apple community," said Timothy J. Klein, president and CEO at ATTO Technology. The iMac Pro sets a new standard for Apple design and performance and complements why users select ATTO products. As Apple pushes the boundaries of desktop computing, ATTO continues to provide industry leading products that op
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom