XBiotech Announces Additions To Its Scientific Advisory Board
10.4.2017 16:37 | NASDAQ OMX
AUSTIN, Texas, 2017-04-10 16:37 CEST (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
XBiotech Inc. (NASDAQ:XBIT) is pleased to announce the appointments of four leading physicians to its Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) specializing in Oncology: Dr. Thierry André, Head of Medical Oncology Department, St. Antoine Hospital, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris; Dr. George Fisher of Stanford University; Dr. Andrew Hendifar, Co-Director of Cedars-Sinai; Dr. Alexander Knuth, Professor Emeritus University of Zurich; and Dr. Razelle Kurzrock, Chief of Hematology & Oncology, UC San Diego School of Medicine.
Dr. Alexander Knuth commented, “I have been delighted to follow XBiotech’s remarkable portfolio and growth over the years. XBiotech has developed an entirely new class of cancer therapeutics. Targeting inflammatory pathways in cancer patients with truly human derived monoclonal antibodies is proven to stabilize disease and improve performance and quality of life, even in heavily pretreated patients with advanced disease. As an oncologist, I recognize the urgent need for effective therapies without the toxicities encountered with most established cancer therapeutics. I am honored to formally serve as an advisor with my esteemed colleagues to help bring this important new treatment modality to cancer patients in need.”
XBiotech’s SAB Members in Oncology Include:
- Thierry André, M.D. Dr. André is currently Professor of Medical Oncology at the University Pierre et Marie Curie (UMPC), Paris VI, and Head of the Medical Oncology Department in St. Antoine Hospital, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris. He is the Founding member and General Secretary of the GERCOR (Multidisciplinary Oncology Research Group) and leads the colorectal task force of GERCOR and also serves as a Member of the Adjuvant Colon Cancer Endpoints (ACCENT) group. Dr. André’s main research interest is in gastrointestinal malignancies. Dr. André is a member of several scientific organizations including the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), and was chairman of the GI Cancer Board for Research of the French National Institute (INCA).
- George A. Fisher, Jr. M.D., Ph.D. Dr. Fisher is a medical oncologist and gastrointestinal specialist and is the Colleen Haas Chair at Stanford University School of Medicine. Dr. Fisher has been the National Chair of XBiotech’s Phase III study since evaluating the Company’s lead antibody product candidate for the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer. His clinical and research interests are focused on gastrointestinal malignancies, combined modality therapy in gastric, esophageal, pancreas and rectal cancers, immunotherapy, and translational research. He is a member of the Stanford Cancer Institute and has held numerous administrative appointments at the Stanford University School of Medicine including Director for the Cancer Clinical Trials Office.
- Andrew Hendifar, M.D. Dr. Hendifar is the Co-Director of Pancreas Oncology and Medical Oncology Lead for Gastrointestinal Disease Research at Cedars-Sinai. Dr. Hendifar has been an important Principal Investigator in XBiotech’s Phase III study for colorectal cancer, where he has made important clinical observations in patients. Dr. Hendifar is performing pioneering work in the development of new approaches to treat and evaluate therapies in pancreatic cancer. His work to elucidate the importance of body mass index and biomarkers as prognosticators in cancer is providing new insight on the importance of new measures in disease management and therapeutic strategies. Dr. Hendifar's findings have been published in prestigious journals, including the Lancet, Cancer, Journal of Clinical Oncology, and Clinical Cancer Research. Dr. Hendifar has displayed deep subject-matter knowledge in presentations for organizations such as the National Institutes of Health and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Alexander Knuth, M.D. Dr. Knuth is a medical oncologist with a long research interest and major contributions to cancer immunology. For years, Dr. Knuth worked closely with Dr. Lloyd Old and the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, pioneering the characterization of tumor associated antigens and immunotherapies. Dr. Knuth is Professor Emeritus of the University of Zurich where he held the Chair of Internal Medicine/Oncology at the University Hospital (UZH) from 2003 until 2013. At UZH, Dr. Knuth used XBiotech’s candidate therapeutic antibody for colorectal cancer under compassionate protocols. Prior to heading oncology at UZH, Dr. Knuth was Chief Physician of Hematology & Oncology at Northwest Hospital in Frankfurt, Germany. He has received many awards, including the prestigious Johann-Georg-Zimmermann Medal. Dr. Knuth is a member of the Cancer Research Institute’s (CRI) Scientific Advisory Council and is a member of CRI’s global clinical investigator network. Dr. Knuth is currently the Medical Director and Chief Executive Officer of the National Center for Cancer Care and Research (NCCCR) and Chairman of Cancer Services at Hamad Medical Corporation in Doha, Qatar.
- Razelle Kurzrock, M.D. Dr. Kurzrock is a medical oncologist and a renowned expert in precision medicine. She is a thought leader in the use of anti-cytokine therapies for the treatment of cancer and one of the first to recognize the importance of the interleukin-1 pathway in cancer. While at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Dr. Kurzrock built one of the most successful Phase 1 clinical trials programs in the nation, and was the senior author in the pioneering study for the Company’s colorectal cancer study. Dr. Kurzrock currently serves as Senior Deputy Center Director for Clinical Science, Director at the Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy, Director of the Clinical Trials Office, and a Team Leader for Experimental Therapeutics at the Moores Cancer Center at UC San Diego. Dr. Kurzrock is also Chief of the Hematology & Oncology Division in the UC San Diego School of Medicine.
John Simard, President & CEO of XBiotech, commented, “It is more than gratifying to have these remarkable people share their knowledge and experience with us. We are indeed brought together by the common will to advance new therapies for cancer.”
About True Human™ Therapeutic Antibodies
XBiotech’s True Human™ antibodies are derived without modification from individuals who possess natural immunity to certain diseases. With discovery and clinical programs across multiple disease areas, XBiotech’s True Human antibodies have the potential to harness the body’s natural immunity to fight disease with increased safety, efficacy and tolerability.
XBiotech is a fully integrated global biosciences company dedicated to pioneering the discovery, development and commercialization of therapeutic antibodies based on its True Human™ proprietary technology. XBiotech currently is advancing a robust pipeline of antibody therapies to redefine the standards of care in oncology, inflammatory conditions and infectious diseases. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, XBiotech also is leading the development of innovative biotech manufacturing technologies designed to more rapidly, cost-effectively and flexibly produce new therapies urgently needed by patients worldwide. For more information, visit www.xbiotech.com.
Cautionary Note on Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including declarations regarding management's beliefs and expectations that involve substantial risks and uncertainties. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "would," "could," "expects," "plans," "contemplate," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "projects," "intend" or "continue" or the negative of such terms or other comparable terminology, although not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. Forward-looking statements are subject to inherent risks and uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions that could cause the actual results to differ materially from those projected in these forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties are subject to the disclosures set forth in the "Risk Factors" section of certain of our SEC filings. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and our actual results of operations, financial condition and liquidity, and the development of the industry in which we operate, may differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained in this press release. Any forward-looking statements that we make in this press release speak only as of the date of this press release. We assume no obligation to update our forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, after the date of this press release.
Om NASDAQ OMX
NASDAQ OMX (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra NASDAQ OMX
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra NASDAQ OMX på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra NASDAQ OMX
ATTO ThunderLink® enables VMware® ESXi(TM) for Mac Pro®24.8.2017 10:00 | Pressemelding
AMHERST, N.Y., Aug. 24, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ATTO Technology, Inc., a global leader of storage, network connectivity and infrastructure solutions for data-intensive computing environments for nearly 30 years, today is proud to announce their 16Gb and 8Gb Fibre Channel ThunderLink® Thunderbolt(TM) devices have achieved VMware Ready(TM) status for ESXi(TM). ATTO ThunderLink devices are the only purpose built Thunderbolt product designed to connect virtualized Mac hardware to 16Gb and 8Gb Fibre Channel storage solutions within VMware® VSphere environments. This provides a new and efficient solution for Apple technologies application development and testing environments, virtual desktop infrastructure and cloud hosting or shared private cloud. "By utilizing an ATTO ThunderLink in a VMware environment users can now take advantage of a one of a kind solution to bring virtualized Macs into test and development environments," said Tom Kolniak, Senior Director of
PayByPhone Appoints Francis Dupuis as new CEO24.8.2017 01:14 | Pressemelding
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Aug. 23, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PayByPhone, the global leader in mobile parking payments, today announced that it has appointed Francis Dupuis as President and Chief Executive Officer effective August 23rd, 2017. Kush Parikh, former President and CEO, has stepped down from the role after his successful 3.5-year term with the business. During his time at PayByPhone, Kush led the business to profitability, established a strong focus on end customers and was pivotal in its ground-breaking sale to Volkswagen Financial Services. "With more than 20 years of experience in the software industry and a deep product background, Francis is exactly the kind of leader we need to further grow and innovate in the parking market on an international scale," said Stefan Imme, Head of M&A and Investment Management at Volkswagen Financial Services AG. Francis, a long-standing member of the executive team at PayByPhone, takes the reins at a
EPAM Hosts Scratch Conference in Budapest to Bring Together IT Educators Around the World23.8.2017 16:00 | Pressemelding
NEWTOWN, Pa., Aug. 23, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE:EPAM), a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and software development services, will host the Scratch Conference in Budapest, Hungary from August 24-25, 2017. The event is one of six conferences held globally to bring together hundreds of Scratch educators and IT experts. Developed by MIT, Scratch is a foundational tool and coding platform used primarily by children to learn the basics of programming. During this free event, attendees will hear from over 60 experts and explore all facets of computing, including best practices in using Scratch and additional tools that integrate with the platform. Several renowned speakers will attend the conference including Mitchel Resnick, Professor of Learning Research at the MIT Media Lab and Chair of the Scratch Foundation; Ariam Mogos, Learning Lead, Office of Innovation at UNICEF; and Genevieve Smith-Nunes, Entrepreneur and a Lecturer at Roeha
Novavax' Preclinical Influenza Nanoparticle Study Published in Vaccine23.8.2017 13:00 | Pressemelding
Novel vaccine candidate, NanoFlu(TM), outperforms market-leading Fluzone® High Dose based on antibody titers and neutralization of recent and historic influenza viruses in a preclinical study GAITHERSBURG, Md., Aug. 23, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Novavax, Inc., (Nasdaq:NVAX) today announced that data from a preclinical study of its nanoparticle influenza vaccine candidate with its proprietary Matrix-M(TM) adjuvant (NanoFlu(TM)) have been published in the journal Vaccine. Novavax is developing NanoFlu to protect older adults from seasonal influenza. The manuscript describes the formulation of Novavax' novel seasonal influenza vaccine candidate, NanoFlu, based on the 2017-2018 World Health Organization (WHO) recommended influenza strains. The study, conducted in ferrets, found that NanoFlu induced hemagglutination-inhibition (HAI) and microneutralizing (MN) antibodies against a broad range of influenza subtypes. In a head-to-head comparison against standard-dose and high-do
Crown Bioscience Names Dr. Leon Hall Vice President of Global Scientific Excellence23.8.2017 12:29 | Pressemelding
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Aug. 22, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Crown Bioscience, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Crown Bioscience International (TWSE:ticker 6554) and a global drug discovery and development services company providing translational platforms to advance oncology, inflammation, cardiovascular and metabolic disease research, announced today the appointment of Dr. Leon Hall as Vice President of Global Scientific Excellence. In his new role, Dr. Hall will be responsible for overseeing global R&D programs and advancing Crown Bioscience's scientific excellence initiatives. "Leon's appointment reinforces Crown Bioscience's dedication to innovation and commitment to providing the highest quality therapeutic technology services," said Jean-Pierre Wery, Ph.D., Crown Bioscience Chief Executive Officer. "His extensive scientific and operational experience will serve Crown Bioscience well as we expand to meet the growing needs of preclinical research to the global
Blackbird Energy Inc. annonserer utnevnelsen av Allan Dixon som sjef for bedriftsutvikling23.8.2017 12:02 | Pressemelding
CALGARY, Alberta, 23. aug. 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) - Blackbird Energy Inc. (TSX-V:BBI) («Blackbird») har gleden av å kunngjøre utnevnelsen av Allan Dixon som sjef for bedriftsutvikling. I denne rollen vil Dixon være ansvarlig for investorrelasjoner, kommunikasjonsinitiativer og strategiske bedriftsbevissthetsprogrammer i Nord-Amerika og Europa. Dixon har en omfattende bakgrunn i Calgarys olje- og gassindustri med erfaring fra investorrelasjoner ved Birchcliff Energy Ltd., aksjeanalyse ved National Bank Financial og investeringsrelatert bankvirksomhet ved Tristone Capital. Dixon har en bachelorgrad i handelsfag med spesialisering innen finans fra Dalhousie University. «Jeg er veldig glad for å ønske Allan velkommen til Blackbird-teamet, og jeg ser frem til å jobbe med ham. Med sin varierte bakgrunn og erfaring med å jobbe med noen av verdens fremste innovatører i bransjen, har jeg den største tillit til at han vil være et verdifullt tilskudd til teamet vårt og en ressurs fo
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom