Xamarin 4 Powers Faster Mobile Business Results for Enterprises
Xamarin, the leading enterprise mobility company, today announced the availability of Xamarin 4, an integrated, end-to-end solution to build, test, and monitor mobile apps at scale through the Xamarin Platform, Xamarin Test Cloud, and Xamarin Insights.
As mobile becomes the primary interface for consumers and employees, businesses are rapidly mobilizing every business function. According to 451 Research, 47% of large U.S. enterprises have deployed 20 or more mobile apps in the last year and 35% have deployed more than 50 apps (source). IDC predicts that the number of enterprise applications optimized for mobility will quadruple by 2016 (source), and mobility will account for 40% of enterprise IT budgets in 2018 (source). Forrester notes that this is igniting a massive technology spending arms race, with mobile investments expected to reach $189 billion by 2017 (source).
Successfully delivering and maintaining hundreds of high-quality, high-performance mobile apps is a challenge for enterprises, especially given the fragmented, rapidly changing mobile device landscape. Xamarin 4, however, cuts through this complexity and makes it possible to design, build, test, monitor, and maintain successful apps at scale, using shared code, a reusable architecture, and repeatable processes for every stage of the app lifecycle. With less code to maintain and automated ways to ensure app quality, businesses are able to deliver greater mobile business value faster.
“Businesses are rapidly ‘appifying’ and transforming their business operations and customer interactions,” said Nat Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Xamarin. “Xamarin 4 provides a solution for every step of the mobile journey, and, along with our expert training and best practices, we now offer a strategic partnership for enterprises serious about winning with mobile.”
Xamarin 4 Features
Xamarin Platform: The only solution for delivering fully native iOS and Android apps from shared code—up to 95% across device platforms. Anything developers can do in Objective-C, Swift or Java can be done in C# with Xamarin.
- Xamarin.Forms 2.0: Xamarin.Forms is a simple API that enables developers to quickly and easily build shared user interface code for iOS, Android, and Windows that are completely native. The 2.0 API now includes more than 40 controls, layouts, and other essential classes, making it possible to share 95% or more of code across device platforms without sacrificing true native performance or experience. Xamarin.Forms 2.0 performs twice as fast, has added enhancements for the latest iOS 9 and Android Marshmallow features, and now supports common gestures like pinch and pull-to-refresh.
- Xamarin Mac Agent (XMA): This all-new component streamlines the path for developers to develop, debug, and build iOS apps from the comfort of Microsoft’s Visual Studio IDE on Windows. Setup is as easy as turning on remote login for the Mac.
- Lifecycle Integration: Xamarin Studio now has Xamarin Test Cloud and Xamarin Insights directly integrated in project templates, with the ability to run automated tests and instrument apps for monitoring directly from within the IDE. This provides immediate visibility into the quality and health of apps during the development process, allowing developers to uncover issues before apps ship, and to quickly respond to issues with live users.
Xamarin Test Cloud: Automated mobile app testing that ensures apps look, perform, and behave well on thousands of devices, and ensures fast release cycles for mobile teams.
- Test Recorder (Preview) is now available for the Mac. Test Recorder uses a simulator or USB-connected iOS or Android device to record interactions—text input, swipes, taps, and page navigation—and automatically creates test scripts that can be immediately run on more than 2,000 devices in Xamarin Test Cloud, or imported into mobile test projects in Xamarin Studio and Visual Studio.
- Xamarin.UITest 1.0, a C# test automation framework, now supports advanced testing scenarios such as testing locally and video capture of tests executing. Previously restricted to just Xamarin Test Cloud customers, the company has now made Xamarin.UITest free for everyone to use, with no limit on test time.
- New pricing options: Mobile quality affects the success of all apps, teams, and companies, and every developer needs access to high-quality test automation. To allow mobile teams of all sizes to take advantage of the more than 2000 devices in Xamarin Test Cloud, Xamarin has rolled out new pricing options starting from $99 per month (billed annually). In addition, Xamarin platform customers now receive 60 free Xamarin Test Cloud minutes per month. These new options, combined with access to Xamarin.UITest, makes mobile quality accessible to everyone.
Xamarin Insights: Xamarin Insights provides real-time app monitoring that helps businesses keep apps healthy and end-users happy. As part of Xamarin 4, Xamarin Insights is now out of beta and is generally available.
- Error reporting for mobile: Enterprises need to quickly address app crashes and production issues to retain users. Insights’ immediate, automatic error reports provide rich diagnostic data, including stack traces, device status information, and user behavior, to allow teams to find root causes and deliver fixes quickly.
- App performance: The length of time it takes for users to perform key functions will often determine the success of an app, as mobile users expect instant access to features and data. With Insights, developers create custom events that detail how long key user interactions and other system events take. Monitoring these performance trends over time ensures that the most important user paths within an app are also the fastest paths.
- User analytics: Understanding how users engage with apps is critical to winning user loyalty and gaining competitive advantage. Xamarin Insights lets organizations see traits, devices, session details, and events for each of their users, providing the intelligence enterprises need to improve the user experience, from new feature discovery to UI refinements.
Xamarin Ultimate: As part of Xamarin 4, the company is rolling out Xamarin Ultimate, which bundles Xamarin Platform, Test Cloud, Insights, and Xamarin University into a complete package for teams to go mobile. As teams get more experience with mobile, they find they need to build more apps than initially anticipated, to add more team members, and to address all aspects of the mobile lifecycle. Xamarin Ultimate makes it easy and economical for a business to scale apps, teams, and to accelerate the mobile lifecycle.
The software, enablement and support needed to operate a successful mobile strategy
With over 10,000 corporate customers, Xamarin 4 is the result of the company’s unique perspective on the most pervasive pain points facing mobile teams. In addition to the product enhancements in Xamarin 4, the company has also grown its course catalog to over 60 mobile development classes in Xamarin University, making it faster for teams to go mobile. In addition, Xamarin now has a team of mobile experts providing best practices guidance, so customers start their mobile journey on the right trajectory. Xamarin 4, combined with enterprise-grade training and support, represents the industry’s most complete solution for successful enterprise mobility.
“As the largest job site in the UK, we need to deliver native apps that work on all devices,” said Yos Noor, Head of Research and Innovation, at reed.co.uk. “Xamarin Platform, Xamarin Test Cloud and Insights have had a tremendous impact on our mobile strategy, providing a complete lifecycle for delivering engaging, high-quality mobile experiences.”
“Strong ratings and customer loyalty have helped us drive millions of downloads, so quality is at the heart of our mobile strategy,” said Steve Robbins, CTO, at MixRadio, a global radio streaming service with millions of downloads. “Using Xamarin gives us a fully native, high-performance app that works on all device types, and has saved us thousands of hours of mobile testing time.”
For additional information on Xamarin 4, benefits, and pricing, and to register for the “Xamarin 4 and the Future of Apps” webinar, visit: blog.xamarin.com.
Xamarin is the new standard for enterprise mobile development and quality. With over 1.2 million developer downloads and a global customer base in 120 countries, Xamarin is used to accelerate the creation of high-quality, high-performance, mission-critical consumer and enterprise apps. Xamarin powers mobile development for more than 100 of the Fortune 500 companies and is a Visionary in Gartner’s 2015 Magic Quadrant report for Mobile Application Development Platforms. For more information, please visit: xamarin.com or follow us @xamarinhq.
SutherlandGold Group for Xamarin
Victoria Butler, 415-848-7178
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
HCL Technologies Powers Volvo Ocean Race 2017-1823.10.2017 13:02 | Pressemelding
The 2017-18 edition of the Volvo Ocean Race was flagged off at Alicante, Spain, with HCL Technologies as the strategic IT services provider. The leading global IT services company has provided end-to-end infrastructure support as well as connectivity between the Race Village and the Command Centre in Alicante further connecting them to 12 Host Cities on the race route globally. The world's longest and toughest professional sporting event began at Alicante and will finish eight months later at The Hague. At the flag-off, Jordi Neves, Chief Digital Officer, Volvo Ocean Race, said: “Over four decades, Volvo Ocean Race has drawn some of the greatest ever sailors. This edition of the race will be more digitally focused than before, with HCL as the strategic IT services provider. This edition is also special for us as we embark on a major Sustainability Program in partnership wi
CES Unveiled Paris Returns Tomorrow for Fifth Year with 70+ Exhibitors23.10.2017 13:00 | Pressemelding
Consumer Technology Association (CTA): WHAT: CES Unveiled Paris returns to Paris tomorrow, for its fifth consecutive year, hosting more than 70 exhibitors. More than 600 attendees are expected at the event which will unite French tech startups, top media, buyers and industry influencers around the latest tech innovation and provide a preview of CES® 2018. Schedule as follows:
Wipro Cited as a Leader in Everest Group PEAK Matrix™ for IT Security Services23.10.2017 12:59 | Pressemelding
Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO), a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company, today announced that it has been recognized as a ‘Leader’ by Everest Group, a global independent consulting and research firm, in its report titled “IT Security Services- Market Trends and PEAK MatrixTM Assessment 2017: Security- the Biggest Digital Insecurity”. The report analyzed the capabilities of 17 leading global IT service providers on Everest Group’s PEAK Matrix. Wipro has been named as a Leader for its strong global delivery network with a transformational mind-set, and its ability to deliver high quality of services across regions and service segments, in terms of both execution and responsiveness. The report highlights the trends influencing the IT security services market, focusing on the increasing complexities, size and
ZeroStack Delivers Unified Multi-Cloud Application Development Platform Leveraging Existing Hardware Assets23.10.2017 12:00 | Pressemelding
ZeroStack, Inc., creators of the self-driving on-premises cloud, today announced that its cloud platform now runs on Nutanix HCI hardware, expanding choices for IT departments that want to empower their DevOps groups with a software-defined infrastructure that offers SaaS-delivered, multi-cloud operations. Developers can have a consistent platform no matter where they are located while reducing operational complexity and costs. Developers need a common platform to reduce costs and ensure efficient processes for software development, and budget-constrained IT departments want to gain maximum leverage out of existing hardware. ZeroStack’s Intelligent Cloud Platform is hardware independent, so it enables consistent processes regardless of the hardware used or where the developers access the infrastructure. As a result, developers can create secure private workspaces and build a per
Biogen and Eisai Expand Existing Collaboration Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Investigational Alzheimer’s Disease Treatments Including Phase 3 Aducanumab23.10.2017 11:15 | Pressemelding
Eisai Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Tokyo, CEO: Haruo Naito, “Eisai”) and Biogen Inc. (NASDAQ: BIIB) (Headquarters: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States, CEO: Michel Vounatsos, “Biogen”) announced today that the companies have expanded their existing agreement to jointly develop and commercialize investigational Alzheimer’s disease treatments. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171023005462/en/ Under the terms of the agreement Eisai has exercised its option to co-develop and co-promote aducanumab, Biogen’s investigational anti-amyloid beta (Aβ) antibody for patients with Alzheimer’s disease (“AD”). The expanded agreement leverages each company’s respective geographic strengths for commercialization and adjusts the respective share of profits from potential sales of aducanumab. Biogen will receive 55
Open Letter from Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA23.10.2017 11:01 | Pressemelding
Dear Ministers, As you are no doubt aware, European citizens and businesses rely on mobile networks to socialise, do business and access information everyday in every corner of every Member State of the Union. The social and economic activity that rides over this digital infrastructure drives economic growth, shapes future innovation and fosters more inclusive societies. As you prepare to convene at tomorrow’s Ministerial Council Meeting, I must express my grave concerns on the current state of discussions on the proposed European Electronic Communication Code (the Code). Although the European Union’s vision of a ‘Gigabit Society’, and recent discussions amongst the European Heads of State, demonstrate a strong ambition to recapture the region’s digital leadership and harness the full power of digital to drive growth, jobs and competitiveness, we do not see action foc
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom