Xamarin 4 Powers Faster Mobile Business Results for Enterprises
Xamarin, the leading enterprise mobility company, today announced the availability of Xamarin 4, an integrated, end-to-end solution to build, test, and monitor mobile apps at scale through the Xamarin Platform, Xamarin Test Cloud, and Xamarin Insights.
As mobile becomes the primary interface for consumers and employees, businesses are rapidly mobilizing every business function. According to 451 Research, 47% of large U.S. enterprises have deployed 20 or more mobile apps in the last year and 35% have deployed more than 50 apps (source). IDC predicts that the number of enterprise applications optimized for mobility will quadruple by 2016 (source), and mobility will account for 40% of enterprise IT budgets in 2018 (source). Forrester notes that this is igniting a massive technology spending arms race, with mobile investments expected to reach $189 billion by 2017 (source).
Successfully delivering and maintaining hundreds of high-quality, high-performance mobile apps is a challenge for enterprises, especially given the fragmented, rapidly changing mobile device landscape. Xamarin 4, however, cuts through this complexity and makes it possible to design, build, test, monitor, and maintain successful apps at scale, using shared code, a reusable architecture, and repeatable processes for every stage of the app lifecycle. With less code to maintain and automated ways to ensure app quality, businesses are able to deliver greater mobile business value faster.
“Businesses are rapidly ‘appifying’ and transforming their business operations and customer interactions,” said Nat Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Xamarin. “Xamarin 4 provides a solution for every step of the mobile journey, and, along with our expert training and best practices, we now offer a strategic partnership for enterprises serious about winning with mobile.”
Xamarin 4 Features
Xamarin Platform: The only solution for delivering fully native iOS and Android apps from shared code—up to 95% across device platforms. Anything developers can do in Objective-C, Swift or Java can be done in C# with Xamarin.
- Xamarin.Forms 2.0: Xamarin.Forms is a simple API that enables developers to quickly and easily build shared user interface code for iOS, Android, and Windows that are completely native. The 2.0 API now includes more than 40 controls, layouts, and other essential classes, making it possible to share 95% or more of code across device platforms without sacrificing true native performance or experience. Xamarin.Forms 2.0 performs twice as fast, has added enhancements for the latest iOS 9 and Android Marshmallow features, and now supports common gestures like pinch and pull-to-refresh.
- Xamarin Mac Agent (XMA): This all-new component streamlines the path for developers to develop, debug, and build iOS apps from the comfort of Microsoft’s Visual Studio IDE on Windows. Setup is as easy as turning on remote login for the Mac.
- Lifecycle Integration: Xamarin Studio now has Xamarin Test Cloud and Xamarin Insights directly integrated in project templates, with the ability to run automated tests and instrument apps for monitoring directly from within the IDE. This provides immediate visibility into the quality and health of apps during the development process, allowing developers to uncover issues before apps ship, and to quickly respond to issues with live users.
Xamarin Test Cloud: Automated mobile app testing that ensures apps look, perform, and behave well on thousands of devices, and ensures fast release cycles for mobile teams.
- Test Recorder (Preview) is now available for the Mac. Test Recorder uses a simulator or USB-connected iOS or Android device to record interactions—text input, swipes, taps, and page navigation—and automatically creates test scripts that can be immediately run on more than 2,000 devices in Xamarin Test Cloud, or imported into mobile test projects in Xamarin Studio and Visual Studio.
- Xamarin.UITest 1.0, a C# test automation framework, now supports advanced testing scenarios such as testing locally and video capture of tests executing. Previously restricted to just Xamarin Test Cloud customers, the company has now made Xamarin.UITest free for everyone to use, with no limit on test time.
- New pricing options: Mobile quality affects the success of all apps, teams, and companies, and every developer needs access to high-quality test automation. To allow mobile teams of all sizes to take advantage of the more than 2000 devices in Xamarin Test Cloud, Xamarin has rolled out new pricing options starting from $99 per month (billed annually). In addition, Xamarin platform customers now receive 60 free Xamarin Test Cloud minutes per month. These new options, combined with access to Xamarin.UITest, makes mobile quality accessible to everyone.
Xamarin Insights: Xamarin Insights provides real-time app monitoring that helps businesses keep apps healthy and end-users happy. As part of Xamarin 4, Xamarin Insights is now out of beta and is generally available.
- Error reporting for mobile: Enterprises need to quickly address app crashes and production issues to retain users. Insights’ immediate, automatic error reports provide rich diagnostic data, including stack traces, device status information, and user behavior, to allow teams to find root causes and deliver fixes quickly.
- App performance: The length of time it takes for users to perform key functions will often determine the success of an app, as mobile users expect instant access to features and data. With Insights, developers create custom events that detail how long key user interactions and other system events take. Monitoring these performance trends over time ensures that the most important user paths within an app are also the fastest paths.
- User analytics: Understanding how users engage with apps is critical to winning user loyalty and gaining competitive advantage. Xamarin Insights lets organizations see traits, devices, session details, and events for each of their users, providing the intelligence enterprises need to improve the user experience, from new feature discovery to UI refinements.
Xamarin Ultimate: As part of Xamarin 4, the company is rolling out Xamarin Ultimate, which bundles Xamarin Platform, Test Cloud, Insights, and Xamarin University into a complete package for teams to go mobile. As teams get more experience with mobile, they find they need to build more apps than initially anticipated, to add more team members, and to address all aspects of the mobile lifecycle. Xamarin Ultimate makes it easy and economical for a business to scale apps, teams, and to accelerate the mobile lifecycle.
The software, enablement and support needed to operate a successful mobile strategy
With over 10,000 corporate customers, Xamarin 4 is the result of the company’s unique perspective on the most pervasive pain points facing mobile teams. In addition to the product enhancements in Xamarin 4, the company has also grown its course catalog to over 60 mobile development classes in Xamarin University, making it faster for teams to go mobile. In addition, Xamarin now has a team of mobile experts providing best practices guidance, so customers start their mobile journey on the right trajectory. Xamarin 4, combined with enterprise-grade training and support, represents the industry’s most complete solution for successful enterprise mobility.
“As the largest job site in the UK, we need to deliver native apps that work on all devices,” said Yos Noor, Head of Research and Innovation, at reed.co.uk. “Xamarin Platform, Xamarin Test Cloud and Insights have had a tremendous impact on our mobile strategy, providing a complete lifecycle for delivering engaging, high-quality mobile experiences.”
“Strong ratings and customer loyalty have helped us drive millions of downloads, so quality is at the heart of our mobile strategy,” said Steve Robbins, CTO, at MixRadio, a global radio streaming service with millions of downloads. “Using Xamarin gives us a fully native, high-performance app that works on all device types, and has saved us thousands of hours of mobile testing time.”
For additional information on Xamarin 4, benefits, and pricing, and to register for the “Xamarin 4 and the Future of Apps” webinar, visit: blog.xamarin.com.
Xamarin is the new standard for enterprise mobile development and quality. With over 1.2 million developer downloads and a global customer base in 120 countries, Xamarin is used to accelerate the creation of high-quality, high-performance, mission-critical consumer and enterprise apps. Xamarin powers mobile development for more than 100 of the Fortune 500 companies and is a Visionary in Gartner’s 2015 Magic Quadrant report for Mobile Application Development Platforms. For more information, please visit: xamarin.com or follow us @xamarinhq.
SutherlandGold Group for Xamarin
Victoria Butler, 415-848-7178
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Digi Communications N.V.: Convocation of the Company’s General Shareholders Meeting for 2 May 2018 for the Approval of, among Others, the 2017 Annual Report and of the 2017 Financial Statements21.3.2018 19:05 | Pressemelding
The Company would like to inform the market and its investors that today, 21 March 2018, the Board of Directors of the Company convenes the general shareholders meeting of the shareholders (the “GSM”) of the Company (Digi Communications N.V.), to be held on Wednesday, 2 May 2018 at 12:00 p.m. CEST, at Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam airport, Boeing avenue 2, 1119 PB Schiphol-Rrijk, The Netherlands. The main topics for the GSM are the following: discussion and approval items on the Annual Report 2017 (including the annual report, the financial statements (consolidated and stand-alone) and the auditor report); appointment of the statutory auditor for the year ending 31 December 2018; approval for the distribution of a gross dividend of 0.35 RON per share; ex-date – 21 May 2018, reference date – 22 May 2018, and the payment date – 29 May 2018; designation of the Board of Directors as the competent body to repurchase own Class B Shares; approval of award of stock options and shares to executi
Pandora to Acquire Leading Digital Audio Ad Tech Firm AdsWizz21.3.2018 13:00 | Pressemelding
Pandora (NYSE: P), the largest music streaming service in the U.S., today announced it will acquire AdsWizz, the global leader in digital audio ad technology. The addition of AdsWizz will upgrade Pandora’s ad tech capabilities, provide its advertisers with greater audience reach, and expand the company’s revenue opportunities. AdsWizz is one of the few ad tech firms that is completely dedicated to digital audio, serving some of the largest players in the industry. With digital audio advertising growing 42% year-over-year, according to the IAB, the combined offering of Pandora and AdsWizz will capitalize on this trend, while making it easier for publishers to monetize their inventory, and for advertisers to buy and measure their campaigns. “Since I joined Pandora six months ago, I have highlighted ad tech as a key area of investment for us. Today we took an important step to advance that priority and accelerate our product roadmap,” said Roger Lynch, CEO of Pandora. “With our scale in a
Fintech Entrepreneur and myPOS Founder Christo Georgiev Reveals Plans to Set Up a Chain of myPOS Stores across Europe21.3.2018 12:51 | Pressemelding
Founder of myPOS, Christo Georgiev announces plans to open myPOS flagship stores across Europe in an effort to bring the service closer to its customers. Designed for small and mid-sized businesses, myPOS offers affordable payment acceptance tools, winning the trust of over 40,000 enterprises across the EEA & Switzerland. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180321005596/en/ An interior view of the myPOS London Store (Photo: Business Wire) Until now, the operational framework of myPOS included a network of promoters in almost every European country and an online store, owned and operated by myPOS. The next logical step was to sell through physical stores. On 8th February 2018, myPOS opened doors to its first flagship store, located on 36 Knightsbridge, London and marked the beginning of a new era for myPOS. Soon after, plans were revealed for other openings in Europe with another location coming up on 5th April 201
AI Expo Europe: The leading Artificial Intelligence Event to Arrive in the European Capital of Innovation, Amsterdam21.3.2018 12:47 | Pressemelding
The AI Expo Europe is set to arrive in the hub of AI innovation, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, this Summer (27-28th June) with an aim of ‘delivering AI for a smarter future.’ The well-connected Dutch capital is known for its unique, rich culture and canal-side views and was even awarded the European Capital of Innovation in 2016 by the European Commission. The city’s AI scene is thriving with the arrival of a world-class artificial intelligence hub by early 2021 and venture capitalist investment. The AI hub will be created in collaboration with the University of Amsterdam (UvA) and the City of Amsterdam at the Amsterdam Science Park, a place where education, research and entrepreneurship will come together as one. Geert ten Dam, president of the UvA’s Executive Board stated that: “Amsterdam is widely recognised both in the Netherlands and abroad for its leading scientific expertise in the area of AI…” This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.busines
Philip Morris International Shifts Entire Capacity of Its Cigarette Factory in Greece to Smoke-Free Products21.3.2018 12:31 | Pressemelding
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) (NYSE: PM) announced today that the factory of its Greek affiliate (Papastratos) in Aspropyrgos, has ceased cigarette production and is now exclusively producing HEETS, the tobacco units used with IQOS, the company’s most advanced smoke-free product. This first full conversion of a cigarette factory is a landmark step in our vision of a smoke-free future where people who smoke switch from the most harmful form of nicotine consumption – cigarettes – to scientifically substantiated smoke-free alternatives. The EUR 300 million investment included the construction of three new buildings and the replacement of cigarette production lines with high-tech facilities capable of producing 10,000 smoke-free tobacco units per minute. The conversion of the factory started in August 2017. The facility is expected to be fully operational by the end of 2018 and will create 400 new jobs. André Calantzopoulos, PMI’s Chief Executive Officer said: “This is a historic
GSMA Advances a Comprehensive Agenda on Digital Inclusion for Women Ahead of G20 Summit21.3.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
The GSMA is supporting the sixty-second meeting of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW62) taking place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York this month1 as part of its commitment to the Sustainable Developments Goals (SDGs), particularly SDG 5 (Gender Equality). The GSMA’s role at the event reflects its status as Topic Chair of the Digital Inclusion theme within the W20 (Women 20) group2, which will advise the G20 member states on issues around gender equality and the economic empowerment of women. At CSW62, the GSMA and its partners will be convening parallel events across a range of topics in this area, bringing together companies in the mobile ecosystem, governments, UN agencies and NGOs. “Developing forward-looking policies that promote digital inclusion for women is vital to achieving gender equality, serving to empower women in all corners of the world as well as providing an effective catalyst for economic growth,” said Mats Granryd, Director General of the GSMA.