Whoa! CES 2017 Opens with Next-Generation Innovation
5.1.2017 17:03 | Business Wire
CES® 2017 officially opened its doors today, celebrating the show’s 50th anniversary with a recording-breaking exhibit floor spanning more than 2.6 million net square feet. More than 3,800 companies will launch innovative products this week at CES, including an unprecedented 600 startups in Eureka Park. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, CES 2017 runs through Sunday, January 8, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“What an incredible way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of CES – with the largest show floor in our history showcasing the next generation of innovation that will revolutionize our world,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CTA. “The products and services unveiled at CES 2017 will touch nearly every single global industry. From the latest in virtual reality, smart home, self-driving vehicles, robotics, wearables, health and fitness tech and more, CES 2017 is unveiling the future of the connected experience and what it means for consumers around the world.”
CES welcomed NVIDIA founder & CEO Jen-Hsun Huang to the keynote stage Wednesday night, where he made multiple groundbreaking announcements based on the company’s leadership in developing advanced graphics processors and artificial intelligence. Mass Effect: Andromeda, a popular video game made by BioWare, was previewed by NVIDIA along withGeForce NOW™, a streaming service that turns any PC into a powerful gaming PC from the cloud. Huang also unveiled a new version of the Shield TV -- now just called Shield -- which will support 4K HDR for both games and movies making it the world’s first 4K HDR entertainment platform. To support Shield’s Artificial Intelligence (AI), Huang introduced NVIDIA SPOT, a plug-in device that understands natural language and complex patterns to help build a user’s AI experience. Huang also announced an AI car supercomputer called Xavier used in NVIDIA’s own self-driving car BB8 and a new capability on the NVIDIA AI car computer called AI Co-Pilot, which provides drivers with road alerts and recognizes facial expressions and voice recognition to improve drivers’ experience.
Huang further announced an expanded partnership with Audi to develop artificial intelligence for a new generation of self-driving cars, with plans to have vehicles on the road by 2020. He also provided details on partnerships with mapping companies HERE and ZENRIN; and two of the world’s largest automotive suppliers, ZF and Bosch.
Wednesday also kicked off the C Space Storytellers series, with key influencers and newsmakers sharing best practices surrounding the relationships among brands, entertainment and technology. In the series’ first session, Spotify’s Alex Underwood moderated a panel with executives from GroupM, Nestle S.A. and Wordsworth and Booth providing a 30,000 foot view of the advertising opportunities in audio.
During the Nielsen Storytellers session, Nielsen’s Executive Vice President & Global Retail Practice Leader Louise Keely discussed new technologies for advertising for consumer-facing companies. In this “period of great disruption” in the consumer path to purchase, companies must change measurement tools and methods.
Preshow media events kicked off on Tuesday which included the largest CES Unveiled in history. The official media event of CES 2017 featured a record 190 exhibiting companies, an 18 percent increase over 2016, including 60 startups from Eureka Park, the most startups ever showcased at CES Unveiled. Featuring the latest in virtual reality, companion sensing robots, wireless headphones, sleep trackers, smart lighting, wearables and more, CES Unveiled provided the more than 2,000 media attending with a sneak peak of the innovation launching this week at the show. The official CES Unveiled highlights reel can be viewed here.
New for 2017, CES included two full Media Days where companies large and small introduced products to the global market. Setting the stage for a week filled with innovation, 28 companies hosted preshow news conferences, with a wide array of major product announcements:
- A&D Medical/Mobile Health – The MobileHelp Tablet Medical Alarm with MobileVitals Monitoring.
- BMW – Prototype of BMW’s 7-fully automated sedan.
- Bosch – Concept car featuring face recognition and intelligent personalization, gesture control with Ultra Haptics, a crystal-clear OLED display and digital exterior mirrors.
- Carnival – Ocean Medallion, a highly personalized wearable concierge service, which enables elevated service through enhanced guest interactions during the entire cruise experience.
- Casio – PRO TREK, a smart watch, which uses Android Wear 2.0 and is equipped with low-power GPS and new full-color map functionality.
- Continental – High-Resolution 3D Lash Lidar, capable of 3D measurement of the environment in challenging conditions such as fog, dust, rain and light.
- Faraday Future – The FF 91, a fully-electric, fully-connected, self-driving, keyless vehicle experience with a “driverless valet” function that allows the car to park itself from your smartphone.
- FCA – Portal, a concept car, is battery electric, cloud connected and offers fully self-driving capabilities.
- Hisense – The H10D 4K HDR TV, featuring proprietary ULED display technology, quantum dot wide color gamut and full array local dimming.
- Huawei/Honor Brands – The Honor 6X dual-camera, dual-sensor smartphone, retailing for $250 USD.
- Hyundai – IONIC Scooter, a "micro mobility" fold-up scooter aimed at those who live in urban environments with limited parking options.
- LG – LG Signature OLED TV W, or the “The Wallpaper TV.” The 65” model is 2.57 mm wide – 1/10th of an inch – with no gap between the TV and wall.
- Lucaro – iRobotics 7 Medical Massage Chair, a full-body massage chair that also uses blood pressure and heart rate monitoring for added comfort and options.
- Monster – Soundstage 2, to be integrated with Amazon Alexa.
- Panasonic – Lumix GH5 mirrorless camera that excels at shooting video and has 4K and 6K capabilities.
- Qualcomm – Snapdragon 835, the first 10 nanometer mobile processor, with enhanced efficiency that helps to create thinner phones with longer battery life.
- Royole – The Royole Moon, a 3D virtual mobile theater combining 1080p AMOLED displays at over 3000 ppi resolution that simulate a giant 800” curved screen, with stereoscopic 3D and noise-cancelling headphones for a completely immersive experience.
- Samsung – The Wash and FlexDry IoT-enabled washer/dryer system featuring four separate compartments for washing and drying, letting you maximize efficiency and customize how you manage your laundry.
- Sony – Crystal LED integrated structure display, with superfine LED structures serving as a light source, making it virtually impossible to see the pixels.
- TCL – The Xess series – X2 and X3 models – which are edgeless, flat and curved proving ultimate picture quality.
- Toyota – Concept-i, a self-driving car allowing passengers to interact with the car’s artificial intelligence agent named “Yui,” which anticipates drivers’ needs, measures emotions and responds automatically.
- Valeo – The 360AEB Nearshield, an emergency braking system that eliminates drivers’ blind spots, bringing the vehicle to a stop in emergency situations.
- VOXX – Terk delivers the strongest Wi-Fi signals throughout the home, as well as free HDTV. The soon-to-be released Terk Omni features circle beam technology, which will allow you to receive broadcast signals up to 65 miles away.
- ZF – The ZF ProAI, a deep learning software and ZF’s first step into artificial intelligence that goes beyond automotive applications.
- ZTE – The Hawkeye, the world's first crowdsourced phone.
Wednesday afternoon also featured ShowStoppers LaunchIt, the Official Pitch Event at CES, built around the entrepreneurial companies that exhibit in Eureka Park, the home for startups at CES. Twelve startups pitched their products to a standing room-only crowd. First prize was awarded to Nonda, makers of a family of connected, app-enabled devices for the vehicle. Kino-mo, developer of high tech smart holographic displays, took second place. Third place was awarded to In&Motion, creator of a smart wearable that aims to reduce the risk of serious injury due to falls. Attendees can experience these and other innovative startups at the Eureka Park Marketplace, located in the Sands, Level 1, Hall G.
CES 2017 runs today through Sunday, January 8. For the latest breaking news and product announcements, visit CES.tech.
Note to Editors: The official name of the global technology event is “CES ® .” Please do not use “Consumer Electronics Show” or “International CES” to refer to the event.
High-definition video b-roll from CES is available for easy download on CESbroll.com .
CES is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, it attracts the world’s business leaders and pioneering thinkers. Check out CES video highlights. Follow CES online at CES.tech and on social.
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM is the trade association representing the $292 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 15 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
January 5-8, Las Vegas, NV
March 9-12, Snowmass, CO
Digital Patriots Dinner
April 4, National Portrait Gallery, Washington, DC
CES on the Hill
April 5, Washington, DC
CES Asia 2017
June 7-9, Shanghai, China
June 21-24, Amalfi Coast, Italy
Innovate! and Celebrate
October 9-11, San Francisco, CA
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
IBC’s Big Screen to Explore the Future of Camera and Display Technologies and the Business Behind Cinema22.8.2017 16:58 | Pressemelding
IBC today announced the details of its Big Screen programme, taking place in a specially built auditorium designed to IBC’s specifications and featuring the very latest in cinema technology. With the latest Dolby Vision dramatic imaging and Dolby Atmos immersive audio sound installation, the four-day programme examines and demonstrates the hottest topics, themes, and insights surrounding the art, science, and business of cinema - from capture through to exhibition. As well as being the home of the Big Screen programme, the auditorium will screen in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, Baby Driver, the acclaimed Edgar Wright feature from 2017. The programme for 2017, which has been shaped by a committee of global industry professionals, is an insightful examination of the future of cinema. From virtual reality in cinema to laser and camera assessments, visitors will get up to speed
Digi Communications N.V. Announces the Publishing of an Update to the Investigation by the Romanian National Anti-Corruption Directorate22.8.2017 16:38 | Pressemelding
In connection with the investigation triggered by the Romanian National Anti-Corruption Directorate (“DNA”), which we have previously disclosed to the market and to our investors in the initial public offering prospectus dated 26 April 2017, in the supplemental prospectus dated 8 May 2017 (together, the “Prospectus”), as well as in the subsequent public reports, we inform you that, based on the public release no 832/VIII/3 issued on 22 August 2017, the DNA sent to court under the judiciary control Mr. Ioan Bendei (Vice-president of the Board of Directors of RCS & RDS S.A. – the Company’s subsidiary („RCS&RDS”)) in connection with the offences of bribery and accessory to money laundering, as well as RCS&RDS in connection with the offences of bribery and money laundering, INTEGRASOFT S.R.L. (one of RCS&RDS’s subsidiaries in Romania) in connection with the offence of accessory to mon
SailPoint Named a Leader in Cloud-based Identity Governance22.8.2017 14:00 | Pressemelding
SailPoint, the leader in enterprise identity management, was recently named the overall market leader in KuppingerCole’s 2017 “Leadership Compass: Identity as a Service: Cloud-based Provisioning, Access Governance and Federation.” In addition to being named a leader in every category of the report, SailPoint received superior rankings in four of the five evaluation criteria: security, functionality, interoperability and usability. KuppingerCole is an international and independent analyst organization with a strong focus on Information Security and Identity and Access Management. KuppingerCole’s Leadership Compass reports provide an in-depth analysis of the main players in the market, defining each as a follower, challenger or leader. The Leadership Compass Report for IDaaS evaluates leaders in innovation, product features, and market reach for identity-as-a-service offerings tar
Meggitt Training Systems to Exhibit at DSEI 201722.8.2017 14:00 | Pressemelding
Meggitt Training Systems, the leading provider of integrated live-fire and virtual weapons training products and services for armed forces and law enforcement, will participate at Defence and Security Equipment International (DSEI) through the Georgia Department of Economic Development. The military and security industry event will be held September 12-15, 2017 at ExCeL in London, England. “Today’s threats necessitate maximum realism, despite stretched budgets, and that’s what Meggitt provides to government and commercial customers globally,” said Mark Mears, managing director at Meggitt Training Systems, Ltd. “Although proudly based in Georgia, Meggitt Training Systems is part of Meggitt PLC, a UK-headquartered corporation. As such, we particularly look forward to engaging with current and prospective customers at DSEI, the UK’s largest defense and security trade show.” On
Camelbay Real Estate Management NL B.V. Selects Yardi Voyager22.8.2017 13:58 | Pressemelding
Camelbay Real Estate Management NL B.V. will utilise Yardi Voyager® 7S, a browser-agnostic, fully mobile Software-as-a-Service platform, as its accounting and property management platform. Camelbay will use Yardi Voyager to streamline its property management, leasing and accounting processes for its Dutch real estate portfolio, which is predominantly comprised of commercial office assets. “The automation, transparency and fully integrated accounting and property management that Voyager provides will help us manage our daily financial and operational activities more efficiently and enhance our competitive position within the Dutch office market,” said Alon Levy, Director of Camelbay Real Estate Management NL B.V. “We are very pleased to welcome Camelbay as our latest client in the Netherlands,” said Neal Gemassmer, Vice President of International for Yardi.
Laser Design CyberGage®360, Automated 3D Scanning & Inspection System Adopted by Proto Labs in their State-of-the-Art Metrology Lab22.8.2017 13:44 | Pressemelding
Laser Design, Inc., a subsidiary of CyberOptics (NASDAQ:CYBE), and premier provider of ultra-precise 3D scanning systems and services, announces the adoption of the CyberGage360 3D Scanning and Inspection system by Proto Labs, the world’s fastest digital manufacturing source for custom prototypes and low-volume production parts providing unprecedented speed-to-market value for designers and engineers. “At Proto Labs, we strive to challenge the traditional rules of manufacturing in order to deliver custom manufactured components at unprecedented speeds,” said Dylan Lundberg, Senior Manufacturing Engineer of Protoworks, Proto Labs’ R&D lab. “Everything we do revolves around reducing our customers’ time to market and we do that by digitalizing the entire manufacturing process. From our front-end services to our proprietary processes on the manufacturing floor, you will find thr
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom