Whoa! CES 2017 Opens with Next-Generation Innovation
CES® 2017 officially opened its doors today, celebrating the show’s 50th anniversary with a recording-breaking exhibit floor spanning more than 2.6 million net square feet. More than 3,800 companies will launch innovative products this week at CES, including an unprecedented 600 startups in Eureka Park. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, CES 2017 runs through Sunday, January 8, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“What an incredible way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of CES – with the largest show floor in our history showcasing the next generation of innovation that will revolutionize our world,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CTA. “The products and services unveiled at CES 2017 will touch nearly every single global industry. From the latest in virtual reality, smart home, self-driving vehicles, robotics, wearables, health and fitness tech and more, CES 2017 is unveiling the future of the connected experience and what it means for consumers around the world.”
CES welcomed NVIDIA founder & CEO Jen-Hsun Huang to the keynote stage Wednesday night, where he made multiple groundbreaking announcements based on the company’s leadership in developing advanced graphics processors and artificial intelligence. Mass Effect: Andromeda, a popular video game made by BioWare, was previewed by NVIDIA along withGeForce NOW™, a streaming service that turns any PC into a powerful gaming PC from the cloud. Huang also unveiled a new version of the Shield TV -- now just called Shield -- which will support 4K HDR for both games and movies making it the world’s first 4K HDR entertainment platform. To support Shield’s Artificial Intelligence (AI), Huang introduced NVIDIA SPOT, a plug-in device that understands natural language and complex patterns to help build a user’s AI experience. Huang also announced an AI car supercomputer called Xavier used in NVIDIA’s own self-driving car BB8 and a new capability on the NVIDIA AI car computer called AI Co-Pilot, which provides drivers with road alerts and recognizes facial expressions and voice recognition to improve drivers’ experience.
Huang further announced an expanded partnership with Audi to develop artificial intelligence for a new generation of self-driving cars, with plans to have vehicles on the road by 2020. He also provided details on partnerships with mapping companies HERE and ZENRIN; and two of the world’s largest automotive suppliers, ZF and Bosch.
Wednesday also kicked off the C Space Storytellers series, with key influencers and newsmakers sharing best practices surrounding the relationships among brands, entertainment and technology. In the series’ first session, Spotify’s Alex Underwood moderated a panel with executives from GroupM, Nestle S.A. and Wordsworth and Booth providing a 30,000 foot view of the advertising opportunities in audio.
During the Nielsen Storytellers session, Nielsen’s Executive Vice President & Global Retail Practice Leader Louise Keely discussed new technologies for advertising for consumer-facing companies. In this “period of great disruption” in the consumer path to purchase, companies must change measurement tools and methods.
Preshow media events kicked off on Tuesday which included the largest CES Unveiled in history. The official media event of CES 2017 featured a record 190 exhibiting companies, an 18 percent increase over 2016, including 60 startups from Eureka Park, the most startups ever showcased at CES Unveiled. Featuring the latest in virtual reality, companion sensing robots, wireless headphones, sleep trackers, smart lighting, wearables and more, CES Unveiled provided the more than 2,000 media attending with a sneak peak of the innovation launching this week at the show. The official CES Unveiled highlights reel can be viewed here.
New for 2017, CES included two full Media Days where companies large and small introduced products to the global market. Setting the stage for a week filled with innovation, 28 companies hosted preshow news conferences, with a wide array of major product announcements:
- A&D Medical/Mobile Health – The MobileHelp Tablet Medical Alarm with MobileVitals Monitoring.
- BMW – Prototype of BMW’s 7-fully automated sedan.
- Bosch – Concept car featuring face recognition and intelligent personalization, gesture control with Ultra Haptics, a crystal-clear OLED display and digital exterior mirrors.
- Carnival – Ocean Medallion, a highly personalized wearable concierge service, which enables elevated service through enhanced guest interactions during the entire cruise experience.
- Casio – PRO TREK, a smart watch, which uses Android Wear 2.0 and is equipped with low-power GPS and new full-color map functionality.
- Continental – High-Resolution 3D Lash Lidar, capable of 3D measurement of the environment in challenging conditions such as fog, dust, rain and light.
- Faraday Future – The FF 91, a fully-electric, fully-connected, self-driving, keyless vehicle experience with a “driverless valet” function that allows the car to park itself from your smartphone.
- FCA – Portal, a concept car, is battery electric, cloud connected and offers fully self-driving capabilities.
- Hisense – The H10D 4K HDR TV, featuring proprietary ULED display technology, quantum dot wide color gamut and full array local dimming.
- Huawei/Honor Brands – The Honor 6X dual-camera, dual-sensor smartphone, retailing for $250 USD.
- Hyundai – IONIC Scooter, a "micro mobility" fold-up scooter aimed at those who live in urban environments with limited parking options.
- LG – LG Signature OLED TV W, or the “The Wallpaper TV.” The 65” model is 2.57 mm wide – 1/10th of an inch – with no gap between the TV and wall.
- Lucaro – iRobotics 7 Medical Massage Chair, a full-body massage chair that also uses blood pressure and heart rate monitoring for added comfort and options.
- Monster – Soundstage 2, to be integrated with Amazon Alexa.
- Panasonic – Lumix GH5 mirrorless camera that excels at shooting video and has 4K and 6K capabilities.
- Qualcomm – Snapdragon 835, the first 10 nanometer mobile processor, with enhanced efficiency that helps to create thinner phones with longer battery life.
- Royole – The Royole Moon, a 3D virtual mobile theater combining 1080p AMOLED displays at over 3000 ppi resolution that simulate a giant 800” curved screen, with stereoscopic 3D and noise-cancelling headphones for a completely immersive experience.
- Samsung – The Wash and FlexDry IoT-enabled washer/dryer system featuring four separate compartments for washing and drying, letting you maximize efficiency and customize how you manage your laundry.
- Sony – Crystal LED integrated structure display, with superfine LED structures serving as a light source, making it virtually impossible to see the pixels.
- TCL – The Xess series – X2 and X3 models – which are edgeless, flat and curved proving ultimate picture quality.
- Toyota – Concept-i, a self-driving car allowing passengers to interact with the car’s artificial intelligence agent named “Yui,” which anticipates drivers’ needs, measures emotions and responds automatically.
- Valeo – The 360AEB Nearshield, an emergency braking system that eliminates drivers’ blind spots, bringing the vehicle to a stop in emergency situations.
- VOXX – Terk delivers the strongest Wi-Fi signals throughout the home, as well as free HDTV. The soon-to-be released Terk Omni features circle beam technology, which will allow you to receive broadcast signals up to 65 miles away.
- ZF – The ZF ProAI, a deep learning software and ZF’s first step into artificial intelligence that goes beyond automotive applications.
- ZTE – The Hawkeye, the world's first crowdsourced phone.
Wednesday afternoon also featured ShowStoppers LaunchIt, the Official Pitch Event at CES, built around the entrepreneurial companies that exhibit in Eureka Park, the home for startups at CES. Twelve startups pitched their products to a standing room-only crowd. First prize was awarded to Nonda, makers of a family of connected, app-enabled devices for the vehicle. Kino-mo, developer of high tech smart holographic displays, took second place. Third place was awarded to In&Motion, creator of a smart wearable that aims to reduce the risk of serious injury due to falls. Attendees can experience these and other innovative startups at the Eureka Park Marketplace, located in the Sands, Level 1, Hall G.
CES 2017 runs today through Sunday, January 8. For the latest breaking news and product announcements, visit CES.tech.
Note to Editors: The official name of the global technology event is “CES ® .” Please do not use “Consumer Electronics Show” or “International CES” to refer to the event.
High-definition video b-roll from CES is available for easy download on CESbroll.com .
CES is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, it attracts the world’s business leaders and pioneering thinkers. Check out CES video highlights. Follow CES online at CES.tech and on social.
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM is the trade association representing the $292 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 15 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
January 5-8, Las Vegas, NV
March 9-12, Snowmass, CO
Digital Patriots Dinner
April 4, National Portrait Gallery, Washington, DC
CES on the Hill
April 5, Washington, DC
CES Asia 2017
June 7-9, Shanghai, China
June 21-24, Amalfi Coast, Italy
Innovate! and Celebrate
October 9-11, San Francisco, CA
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Edgewater Networks Announces Event Sponsorship of BroadSoft Connections 201720.10.2017 21:00 | Pressemelding
Edgewater Networks, Inc., the industry leader in Network Edge Orchestration, announced today that it is an event sponsor of the BroadSoft Connections 2017 user conference, which takes place October 22-25 at the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in Phoenix, AZ. During the event, Edgewater Networks will feature demonstrations of the latest end-to-end network interoperability capabilities, including Zero Touch Provisioning, UC Analytics from the core to the endpoint, SD-WAN optimized for BroadSoft, and much more. Continuing a long-standing partnership with BroadSoft, Edgewater Networks has completed another level of BroadCloud certification, this time for local survivability which is critical for business continuity for SMB and Enterprise customers. BroadSoft’s PacketSmart is available on all EdgeMarc Intelligent Edges. All elements of the Network Edge Orchestration are
More than 70 Companies to Showcase Top Tech at CES Unveiled Paris20.10.2017 15:08 | Pressemelding
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) today announced that more than 70 exhibitors will showcase their latest innovations at the now sold-out fifth annual CES Unveiled Paris The event will focus on the Internet of Things (IoT), connectivity and smart cities, and draw more than 600 attendees. CES Unveiled Paris will run from 2-7:30 PM on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at the Palais Brongniart. Regional technology companies, top-tier media outlets, buyers and key industry influencers will come together at CES Unveiled Paris to get a direct look at the latest industry developments. The day kicks off with a CES news conference and CTA market trends presentation. Conference programming is followed by a tabletop exhibition & networking reception. Curated exhibitors will be there to showcase top tech from robotics and audio to smart home and augmented and virtual reality. Notable
Westinghouse Receives Regulatory Approval for Analysis Methodologies20.10.2017 12:15 | Pressemelding
Westinghouse Electric Company today announced that it has received approval from the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) for two new important analysis methodologies that will be used to upgrade Westinghouse- and Combustion Engineering-based nuclear steam supply system (NSSS) safety analyses. The approvals granted are for the new FULL SPECTRUMTM Loss of Coolant Accident (FSLOCATM) methodology and the Performance Analysis and Design Model software code update, PAD5. FSLOCA is capable of improved modeling of the transient response in a pressurized water reactor to the full spectrum of LOCA break sizes that could occur, and PAD5 is the next generation of the Westinghouse fuel rod design performance code. “These codes were developed to work in concert with each other to maximize analytical margin for nuclear utilities,” said Michele DeWitt, senior vice preside
Gilead Announces Multiple Scientific Presentations Demonstrating High Cure Rates in Difficult-to-Cure HCV Patients and Improved Long-Term Bone and Renal Safety of Vemlidy® in HBV Patients Switched from Viread®20.10.2017 12:03 | Pressemelding
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: GILD) today announced results from Phase 2 and Phase 3 studies of its approved medicines for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) and hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection, adding to the body of evidence supporting Gilead’s viral hepatitis therapies in diverse patient populations. These and other data from more than 25 abstracts will be presented this week at The Liver Meeting® 2017, which begins today in Washington, D.C. Positive results from studies of Harvoni® (ledipasvir 90mg/sofosbuvir 400mg) in HCV-infected patients with severe renal impairment, Epclusa® (sofosbuvir 400mg/velpatasvir 100mg) in HCV-infected liver transplant recipients and Vosevi® (sofosbuvir 400mg/velpatasvir 100mg/voxilaprevir 100mg) in NS5A-inhibitor experienced HCV-infected patients will be presented during poster sessions on October 21 and October 22. In addition, updated results f
Schlumberger Announces Third-Quarter 2017 Results20.10.2017 11:00 | Pressemelding
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB) today reported results for the third quarter of 2017. (Stated in millions, except per share amounts) Three Months Ended Change Sept. 30, 2017 Jun. 30, 2017 Sept. 30, 2016 Sequential Year-on-year
SP3H Announces That It Has Obtained a €1.2 Million European Union Grant for Its Intelligent and Clean Vehicle (VIP) Project20.10.2017 10:47 | Pressemelding
SP3H is proud to announce joining the very select circle of the 10 French winners of the H2020 SME Instrument Phase 2 program since 2014. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171020005325/en/ Last summer VIP received the very prestigious SME instrument phase 2 H2020 label in the "transport & smart cities mobility" category. With an overall budget of € 1.7 million, VIP is subsidized by the European Union at a rate of 70% or €1.2 million. The framework contract was officially signed early October. VIP is the pre-industrialization program for Fuelbox sensors, the world's first miniaturized scanner capable of analyzing the quality of fuels on board vehicles. The heart of the program remains closely linked to the reduction of CO2 and pollutant emissions from vehicle
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom