Whoa! CES 2017 Opens with Next-Generation Innovation
CES® 2017 officially opened its doors today, celebrating the show’s 50th anniversary with a recording-breaking exhibit floor spanning more than 2.6 million net square feet. More than 3,800 companies will launch innovative products this week at CES, including an unprecedented 600 startups in Eureka Park. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, CES 2017 runs through Sunday, January 8, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“What an incredible way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of CES – with the largest show floor in our history showcasing the next generation of innovation that will revolutionize our world,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CTA. “The products and services unveiled at CES 2017 will touch nearly every single global industry. From the latest in virtual reality, smart home, self-driving vehicles, robotics, wearables, health and fitness tech and more, CES 2017 is unveiling the future of the connected experience and what it means for consumers around the world.”
CES welcomed NVIDIA founder & CEO Jen-Hsun Huang to the keynote stage Wednesday night, where he made multiple groundbreaking announcements based on the company’s leadership in developing advanced graphics processors and artificial intelligence. Mass Effect: Andromeda, a popular video game made by BioWare, was previewed by NVIDIA along withGeForce NOW™, a streaming service that turns any PC into a powerful gaming PC from the cloud. Huang also unveiled a new version of the Shield TV -- now just called Shield -- which will support 4K HDR for both games and movies making it the world’s first 4K HDR entertainment platform. To support Shield’s Artificial Intelligence (AI), Huang introduced NVIDIA SPOT, a plug-in device that understands natural language and complex patterns to help build a user’s AI experience. Huang also announced an AI car supercomputer called Xavier used in NVIDIA’s own self-driving car BB8 and a new capability on the NVIDIA AI car computer called AI Co-Pilot, which provides drivers with road alerts and recognizes facial expressions and voice recognition to improve drivers’ experience.
Huang further announced an expanded partnership with Audi to develop artificial intelligence for a new generation of self-driving cars, with plans to have vehicles on the road by 2020. He also provided details on partnerships with mapping companies HERE and ZENRIN; and two of the world’s largest automotive suppliers, ZF and Bosch.
Wednesday also kicked off the C Space Storytellers series, with key influencers and newsmakers sharing best practices surrounding the relationships among brands, entertainment and technology. In the series’ first session, Spotify’s Alex Underwood moderated a panel with executives from GroupM, Nestle S.A. and Wordsworth and Booth providing a 30,000 foot view of the advertising opportunities in audio.
During the Nielsen Storytellers session, Nielsen’s Executive Vice President & Global Retail Practice Leader Louise Keely discussed new technologies for advertising for consumer-facing companies. In this “period of great disruption” in the consumer path to purchase, companies must change measurement tools and methods.
Preshow media events kicked off on Tuesday which included the largest CES Unveiled in history. The official media event of CES 2017 featured a record 190 exhibiting companies, an 18 percent increase over 2016, including 60 startups from Eureka Park, the most startups ever showcased at CES Unveiled. Featuring the latest in virtual reality, companion sensing robots, wireless headphones, sleep trackers, smart lighting, wearables and more, CES Unveiled provided the more than 2,000 media attending with a sneak peak of the innovation launching this week at the show. The official CES Unveiled highlights reel can be viewed here.
New for 2017, CES included two full Media Days where companies large and small introduced products to the global market. Setting the stage for a week filled with innovation, 28 companies hosted preshow news conferences, with a wide array of major product announcements:
- A&D Medical/Mobile Health – The MobileHelp Tablet Medical Alarm with MobileVitals Monitoring.
- BMW – Prototype of BMW’s 7-fully automated sedan.
- Bosch – Concept car featuring face recognition and intelligent personalization, gesture control with Ultra Haptics, a crystal-clear OLED display and digital exterior mirrors.
- Carnival – Ocean Medallion, a highly personalized wearable concierge service, which enables elevated service through enhanced guest interactions during the entire cruise experience.
- Casio – PRO TREK, a smart watch, which uses Android Wear 2.0 and is equipped with low-power GPS and new full-color map functionality.
- Continental – High-Resolution 3D Lash Lidar, capable of 3D measurement of the environment in challenging conditions such as fog, dust, rain and light.
- Faraday Future – The FF 91, a fully-electric, fully-connected, self-driving, keyless vehicle experience with a “driverless valet” function that allows the car to park itself from your smartphone.
- FCA – Portal, a concept car, is battery electric, cloud connected and offers fully self-driving capabilities.
- Hisense – The H10D 4K HDR TV, featuring proprietary ULED display technology, quantum dot wide color gamut and full array local dimming.
- Huawei/Honor Brands – The Honor 6X dual-camera, dual-sensor smartphone, retailing for $250 USD.
- Hyundai – IONIC Scooter, a "micro mobility" fold-up scooter aimed at those who live in urban environments with limited parking options.
- LG – LG Signature OLED TV W, or the “The Wallpaper TV.” The 65” model is 2.57 mm wide – 1/10th of an inch – with no gap between the TV and wall.
- Lucaro – iRobotics 7 Medical Massage Chair, a full-body massage chair that also uses blood pressure and heart rate monitoring for added comfort and options.
- Monster – Soundstage 2, to be integrated with Amazon Alexa.
- Panasonic – Lumix GH5 mirrorless camera that excels at shooting video and has 4K and 6K capabilities.
- Qualcomm – Snapdragon 835, the first 10 nanometer mobile processor, with enhanced efficiency that helps to create thinner phones with longer battery life.
- Royole – The Royole Moon, a 3D virtual mobile theater combining 1080p AMOLED displays at over 3000 ppi resolution that simulate a giant 800” curved screen, with stereoscopic 3D and noise-cancelling headphones for a completely immersive experience.
- Samsung – The Wash and FlexDry IoT-enabled washer/dryer system featuring four separate compartments for washing and drying, letting you maximize efficiency and customize how you manage your laundry.
- Sony – Crystal LED integrated structure display, with superfine LED structures serving as a light source, making it virtually impossible to see the pixels.
- TCL – The Xess series – X2 and X3 models – which are edgeless, flat and curved proving ultimate picture quality.
- Toyota – Concept-i, a self-driving car allowing passengers to interact with the car’s artificial intelligence agent named “Yui,” which anticipates drivers’ needs, measures emotions and responds automatically.
- Valeo – The 360AEB Nearshield, an emergency braking system that eliminates drivers’ blind spots, bringing the vehicle to a stop in emergency situations.
- VOXX – Terk delivers the strongest Wi-Fi signals throughout the home, as well as free HDTV. The soon-to-be released Terk Omni features circle beam technology, which will allow you to receive broadcast signals up to 65 miles away.
- ZF – The ZF ProAI, a deep learning software and ZF’s first step into artificial intelligence that goes beyond automotive applications.
- ZTE – The Hawkeye, the world's first crowdsourced phone.
Wednesday afternoon also featured ShowStoppers LaunchIt, the Official Pitch Event at CES, built around the entrepreneurial companies that exhibit in Eureka Park, the home for startups at CES. Twelve startups pitched their products to a standing room-only crowd. First prize was awarded to Nonda, makers of a family of connected, app-enabled devices for the vehicle. Kino-mo, developer of high tech smart holographic displays, took second place. Third place was awarded to In&Motion, creator of a smart wearable that aims to reduce the risk of serious injury due to falls. Attendees can experience these and other innovative startups at the Eureka Park Marketplace, located in the Sands, Level 1, Hall G.
CES 2017 runs today through Sunday, January 8. For the latest breaking news and product announcements, visit CES.tech.
Note to Editors: The official name of the global technology event is “CES ® .” Please do not use “Consumer Electronics Show” or “International CES” to refer to the event.
High-definition video b-roll from CES is available for easy download on CESbroll.com .
CES is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, it attracts the world’s business leaders and pioneering thinkers. Check out CES video highlights. Follow CES online at CES.tech and on social.
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM is the trade association representing the $292 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 15 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
January 5-8, Las Vegas, NV
March 9-12, Snowmass, CO
Digital Patriots Dinner
April 4, National Portrait Gallery, Washington, DC
CES on the Hill
April 5, Washington, DC
CES Asia 2017
June 7-9, Shanghai, China
June 21-24, Amalfi Coast, Italy
Innovate! and Celebrate
October 9-11, San Francisco, CA
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Summer Business with Yourtyres.co.uk: New Shop Feature and High-Performance Tyre Models16.3.2018 14:11 | Pressemelding
Each year, summer trade means great challenges for car garages and tyre dealers. As a result and at just the right time, Yourtyres.co.uk, the online trade customer shop by Europe’s leading online tyre dealer Delticom, is introducing a new feature intended to make the daily work of the shop’s customers easier: An advice mode is available from now on at Yourtyres.co.uk. When changing from the purchasing to the sales view, the individual end customer prices are displayed instead of the actual purchase prices. In order to use this feature, users of Yourtyres.co.uk simply have to insert their individual markups for the different item groups. From the markup and the purchase price, the online shop automatically calculates the personal end customer price. The usual purchasing view is also still available. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180316005448/en/ An advice mode immediately helps trade customers use the full pot
Available Now: The Smartphone Made for the Way We Communicate Today, the Galaxy S9 and S9+16.3.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. announced that the new, award-winning Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+, which have been recognized by smartphone reviewers worldwide for their best-in-class display, design and camera, are now available for purchase at U.S. wireless network providers and retail stores. The phones come in three colors: Midnight Black, Coral Blue, and the new Lilac Purple. The Galaxy S9 has a suggested retail price of $719.99, while the Galaxy S9+ is available for $839.99. Both unlocked and carrier versions of the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are also available for purchase on Samsung.com. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180316005175/en/ Designed for the way we communicate today, Samsung's new Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are available in the U.S. at wireless network providers, retailers and on Samsung.com. (Photo: Business Wire) “The Galaxy S9 and S9+ are designed for the visual and social generation—the consum
CONQUEST Group Announced the Expansion of its Asset Management Business with the Appointment of Philippe Taillardat to the Role of Director16.3.2018 09:00 | Pressemelding
Philippe Taillardat brings to CONQUEST over 25 years of Asset Management and Investment Banking experience, primarily in principal investing, financial advisory, equity and debt financing across global infrastructure and sustainable energy sectors. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180316005030/en/ Philippe Taillardat (Photo: CONQUEST Group) Philippe was most recently Co-Head of Infrastructure Investments Europe at First State Investments, which he helped transform into one of the leading billion+ European infrastructure fund manager in core / core+ strategies. Earlier in his career, Philippe held various senior banker and investment roles at Amundi, Credit Agricole CIB, Credit Suisse, AXA and BNP Paribas. Frédéric Palanque, Managing Director of CONQUEST Group, said, "We are delighted to welcome such a recognized professional. CONQUEST is trusted for providing value-added advice in complex and highly confidential
AccelStor All-Flash Solutions Unlock Data Possibilities for AI and Cloud16.3.2018 09:00 | Pressemelding
AccelStor, an innovative all-flash array (AFA) provider for the big data era, is excited to announce its participation in the upcoming Cloud Expo Europe, taking place from March 21 to 22 at Booth C1850 in the ExCel London exhibition centre. Besides presenting latest all-flash storage solutions breaking through performance and availability barriers for artificial intelligence (AI), virtualization and private cloud, AccelStor will present a live demonstration of its new generation NeoSapphire high availability models, one of the highlights not to be missed this year. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180316005010/en/ AccelStor's new generation NeoSapphire High Availability all-flash array AccelStor NeoSapphire all-flash arrays are highly integrated with virtualization and private cloud platforms, supporting VMware vSphere and OpenStack Cinder. NeoSapphire’s “high availability” series features symmetric active-activ
Westinghouse Completes First Major Decommissioning Work at a Nordic Commercial Nuclear Reactor16.3.2018 08:45 | Pressemelding
Westinghouse Electric Company announced today that it has completed a major decommissioning project at the former Barsebäck nuclear power plant in Skåne, Sweden. Barsebäck Unit 2 ceased operation in 2005 and decommissioning work began in August 2016. Westinghouse’s scope of work included the underwater segmentation and packaging of the reactor vessel internals, as well as the upfront engineering studies and equipment manufacturing and qualification. “Westinghouse is proud to deliver this major decommissioning project on time and on budget,” said Yves Brachet, Westinghouse senior vice president, Global Decommissioning, Decontamination, Remediation and Waste Management. “Our global expertise in this area will help our customers in the Nordic region to safely manage a variety of end-of-life opportunities for commercial nuclear power plants.” Leadership at Barsebäck Kraft AB (BKAB) is equally satisfied with this successful initial step of the first dismantling of a commercial nuclear power
Lighting Manufacturer LTS Licht & Leuchten, Part of the Fargerhult Group, to Offer Selected Spot- & Downlights with Seoul Semiconductor’s SunLike Series Natural Spectrum LEDs16.3.2018 08:02 | Pressemelding
Seoul Semiconductor, a global innovator of LED products and technology, announced that its SunLike Series natural spectrum LEDs, which implement light closest to the spectrum of natural sunlight, has been adopted for selected luminaires of LTS Licht & Leuchten GmbH, a German manufacturer of high-quality luminaires for hospitality, retail, and office applications. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180316005206/en/ LTS Jett 100 spotlights equipped with SunLike LED technology (Photo: Business Wire) LTS has adopted SunLike natural spectrum LEDs for selected products, including the Jett 100 and CSA 60 spotlights. A series of spotlights with a discreet and individual appearance, and clear, straightforward design lines, Jett spotlights harmoniously blend in with any type of retail application. The high color rendering and superior luminous intensity of these spotlights enable lighting designers to achieve accentuated ar