Visa Announces Team Visa Roster for the Upcoming Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
Visa (NYSE:V) today announced its global Team Visa roster for the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018, comprised of over 40 Olympians and Paralympians from 17 countries, including Mikaela Shiffrin (USA), Chloe Kim (USA), Mark McMorris (Canada), Gus Kenworthy (USA), Oksana Masters (USA), Lee, Sang Hwa (South Korea), Kamil Stoch (Poland), and Hilary Knight (USA). This team of Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls represent a diverse group of individuals representing a range of sports, from snowboarding and speed skating to ski jumping and figure skating.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170920005473/en/
Visa is excited to announce the #TeamVisa roster of athletes who are going for gold at #PyeongChang2018. (Photo: Business Wire)
A global Olympic partner for more than 30 years and Paralympic partner since 2003, Visa founded its Team Visa program in 2000, with the aim of providing athletes with the tools, resources and support they need to achieve their lifelong dreams, both on and off the field of competition, regardless of their origin or background. Today, Team Visa is unified by athletes who embody Visa’s values of acceptance, partnership and inclusion, with athletic talent matched equally by their character.
“We are excited to welcome all of our Olympic and Paralympic athletes to Team Visa and we think this roster is the perfect embodiment of what the Visa brand stands for, as these athletes push boundaries every day in everything they do,” said Chris Curtin, chief marketing innovation and brand officer at Visa Inc. “Team Visa athletes remain at the heart of Visa and we are excited to cheer them on in their pursuit of Olympic and Paralympic Gold in PyeongChang.”
The following athletes officially joined Team Visa ahead of PyeongChang 2018:
- Mikaela Shiffrin (USA, Alpine Skiing): After making history at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 as the youngest American to win Olympic Gold in Slalom, Mikaela is looking to solidify her place in Olympic Winter Games history by winning more Olympic medals than any other female alpine skier. During PyeongChang 2018, she is determined to compete in four individual events and the team competition.
- Chloe Kim (USA, Snowboard – Halfpipe): As a 13 year-old, Chloe qualified for the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 and would have been a favorite to win Gold, but by rule was too young to compete. At the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018, as a first generation Korean American, Chloe is looking to win her first Olympic Gold medal in her parents’ home country. The Southern Californian teen has quickly become the sport’s biggest star aiming to make her Olympic Winter Games mark in PyeongChang.
- Mark McMorris (Canada, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air): After a near-fatal crash in back-country British Columbia in March 2017, Mark’s determination to reach the top of the podium at PyeongChang 2018 is what is fueling his recovery to push himself beyond the limits. Given that he won bronze at Sochi 2014 just two weeks after suffering a fractured rib, Mark is determined to defy the odds once again at the Olympic Winter Games, and bring home Gold in the inaugural big air event – arguably his best event.
- Gus Kenworthy (USA, Freestyle Skiing – Slopestyle & Halfpipe): As the first openly gay action sports athlete, Gus is a trailblazer on and off the slopes. In his Olympic Winter Games debut in Sochi 2014, Gus earned a Silver medal in the inaugural slopestyle event, and has his sights set on reaching the podium in both slopestyle & halfpipe at PyeongChang 2018. Off the slopes, Gus is a major advocate for the LGBTQ community, hoping to inspire others to be confident and open about their sexuality.
- Lee, Sang Hwa (South Korea, Speed Skating): As a two-time Gold medalist, Lee, Sang Hwa is always pushing past her own limits on and off the ice. She was inspired to skate by her brother, but her parents could only afford to support one child in pursuit of the Olympic Winter Games dream, driving her to work harder to push past her personal boundaries. In 2018, Sang Hwa hopes to do what only one other Olympian has done – win a Gold medal in three consecutive Olympic Winter Games. With PyeongChang 2018 being held on her own turf, she is inspired more than ever to reach the top of the podium.
- Kamil Stoch (Poland, Ski Jumping): Born and raised in Zakopane, a Polish ski resort, Kamil Stoch learned to ski when he was three years old, and started jumping just one year later. By the time he was sixteen, Stoch made his World Cup debut and two years later he competed in his first Olympic Winter Games. At Sochi 2014, Stoch won two individual Golds, making him the third ski jumper in history to win both individual events.
- Oksana Masters (USA, Para cross-country skiing & Para biathlon): Oksana was born with complications that later were linked to nuclear radiation exposure and she was given up for adoption at a Ukrainian orphanage. Needless to say, the now three-time Paralympian has been defying all odds since birth. Oksana has three Paralympic medals under her belt (2 Bronze and 1 Silver), and is hungry for her first Gold at PyeongChang 2018. She’s also hoping to make history. After missing the medal podium by 3 seconds in 2014, Oksana is aiming to be the first US athlete at the Olympic or Paralympic Winter Games to medal in Biathlon.
- Hilary Knight (USA, Ice Hockey): Hilary was a member of the United States Women’s Ice Hockey Team that won Silver medals at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 and Vancouver 2010, and is hoping to bring home her first Gold at PyeongChang 2018. Off the ice, Hilary is a leading advocate in the fight for equal compensation for female ice hockey players and also made history in 2014 when she became the first female skater (non-goalie) to practice with an NHL team.
Additional Team Visa athletes from around the globe include:
(USA, Ski Jumping), Maggie Voisin (USA, Freestyle Skiing –
Slopestyle), David Wise (USA, Freestyle Skiing – Halfpipe), Jamie
Anderson (USA, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Travis
Gerrits (Canada, Freestyle Skiing – Aerials), Charles Hamelin
(Canada, Short Track Speed Skating), Mac Marcoux (Canada, Para
alpine skiing), Scott Moir (Canada, Figure Skating), Spencer
O’Brien (Canada, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Tessa
Virtue (Canada, Figure Skating)
- Not Competing: Meryl Davis (USA, Figure Skating), Charlie White (USA, Figure Skating)
- Retired: Angela Ruggiero (USA, Ice Hockey)
- Asia: Park, Seung Hi (South Korea, Speed Skating), Beibei Chu (China, Para cross-country skiing), Han Cong (China, Figure Skating), Sui Wenjing (China, Figure Skating), Han Tianyu (China, Short Track Speed Skating), Zhang Yiwei (China, Snowboard – Halfpipe), Sara Takanashi (Japan, Ski Jumping), Noriaki Kasai (Japan, Ski Jumping), Park, Caroline (South Korea, Ice Hockey), Lee, Sang Ho (South Korea, Snowboard – Parallel Slalom), Lim, Hyo Jun (South Korea, Short Track Speed Skating), Jung, Seung Hwan (South Korea, Para ice hockey) , Michael Christian Martinez (Philippines, Figure Skating)
- Europe: Ester Ledecka (Czech Republic, Alpine Skiing & Snowboard – Parallel Slalom), Roope Tonteri (Finland, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Elise Christie (Great Britain, Short Track Speed Skating), Billy Morgan (Great Britain, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Peter Fill (Italy, Alpine Skiing), Marcus Kleveland (Norway, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Maxim Trankov (Russia, Figure Skating), Tatiana Volosozhar (Russia, Figure Skating), Stina Nilsson (Sweden, Cross-Country Skiing), Patrick Burgener (Switzerland, Snowboard – Halfpipe)
- Africa: Brolin Mawejje (Uganda, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air)
- South America: Dominique Ohaco (Chile, Freestyle Skiing – Slopestyle)
Tickets are currently available for purchase directly through the PyeongChang 2018 ticketing website for residents of Korea (including registered Non-Koreans residing in Korea) or through PyeongChang 2018’s Authorized Ticket Resellers for international residents. Starting from November, tickets will also be available on sale at outlets and main ticket centers in Korea. For more information on PyeongChang 2018 tickets, please visit: https://tickets.pyeongchang2018.com/
For additional information on Team Visa, follow along at @VisaNews on Twitter and visit www.visa.com.
About Visa Inc.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce. For more information, visit usa.visa.com/aboutvisa, visacorporate.tumblr.com and @VisaNews.
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
German Court Rules Huawei, ZTE Products Infringe AVC Patents16.11.2018 05:01 | Pressemelding
MPEG LA announced today that the District Court in Düsseldorf, Germany (“Landgericht Düsseldorf”) has ruled that Huawei Technologies Deutschland GmbH (“Huawei”) and ZTE Deutschland GmbH (“ZTE”) infringed patents of two patent holders in MPEG LA’s AVC Patent Portfolio License (“AVC License”) by using their technologies in mobile phones that implement the AVC/H.264 (MPEG-4 Part 10) Standard. The court also found that the license offered by the patent holders under those patents through the AVC License is fair, reasonable and nondiscriminatory. “The Landgericht Düsseldorf’s decision confirms the importance of respect for intellectual property, and offering everyone easy and affordable access to essential AVC technology under a single license is a cornerstone of the MPEG LA AVC License’s wide acceptance making that possible,” said Larry Horn, President and CEO of MPEG LA. “We continue to welcome Huawei and ZTE to join the nearly 2,000 Licensees who have entered into our AVC License.” Verdi
IFF-LMR Naturals Leads Industry with 90 Certified Vegan Natural Extracts15.11.2018 21:15 | Pressemelding
Regulatory News: IFF-LMR, a subsidiary of International Flavors & Fragrances Inc (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) (TASE: IFF) announced their industry-leading position of 90 natural extracts in their portfolio certified vegan by the EVE (Expertise Vegan Europe) VEGAN standards. The certified extracts include Rose EssentialTM, Rose UltimateTM, Blackcurrant Buds Absolute, Ylang Oil Complete, Vetiver Oil Haiti, Patchouli Oil Indonesia, and Geranium Heart Oil, among many others. Bertrand de Preville, General Manager, IFF-LMR said, “Our people are passionate about creating the finest ingredients and together, we are committed to delivering premium, 100% pure and natural extracts. We believe in transparency, environmental management and sustainable development.” Mr. de Preville continued, “This certification of 90 extracts is in line with IFF-LMR’s continuous dedication to our planet, people, plants and animals.” The EVE VEGAN label was selected because it is considered one of the most rigor
Rimini Street Expands Investment and Operations in Asia-Pacific15.11.2018 20:00 | Pressemelding
Rimini Street, Inc. (Nasdaq: RMNI), a global provider of enterprise software products and services, and the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products, today announced that it has expanded its operations in the Asia-Pacific region with the launch of its new subsidiary, Rimini Street New Zealand Limited, and the opening of its new office in Auckland to address the growing demand for Rimini Street’s premium, ultra-responsive support services in New Zealand. Rimini Street’s expansion was announced at a gala event held at The Northern Club in Auckland, where clients, local IT leaders and the special guest of honor, Ambassador Scott P. Brown, the U.S. Ambassador to New Zealand, were hosted by Rimini Street’s general manager for Asia-Pacific, Andrew Powell, and Rimini Street corporate senior executives. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181115005037/en/ Rimini Street launches subsidiary
Sartorius Stedim Biotech and Lonza Modify Relationship for Supply of Cell Culture Media15.11.2018 18:15 | Pressemelding
Sartorius Stedim Biotech (SSB) (Paris:DIM), a leading international supplier of the biopharmaceutical industry, and Lonza announced today that they have modified their current agreement for supply of cell culture media by mutual accord. The agreement, signed in 2012, gave SSB exclusive sales and marketing rights for certain cell culture media and buffers developed and manufactured by Lonza for use in biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes. Lonza retained sales for research-based products, among others. Under agreements signed today, SSB will continue to offer current and future Lonza media and buffers on a non-exclusive basis as part of its extensive portfolio of products for cell-based development and manufacturing. Lonza Pharma & Biotech resumes sales and marketing of all its media products for both manufacturing and research. Customers of both companies will continue to be able to source media products for their specific needs. “We have a long-standing and productive partnership
Intertops Poker Launches its 20 Event Strong SOFT Series for its Recreational Player Base15.11.2018 17:46 | Pressemelding
Intertops Poker has launched a new tournament series aimed and created for its recreational and casual player base, with impressive prizes up for grabs. The Intertops Poker SOFT Series is spread across 20 events and offers a combined prize pool of $24,850, including a $4,100 World Series of Poker Caribbean prize package. The series starts on 19th November and will conclude on 25th November. It is available to players from all countries and markets wanting to test their skills and have fun at the tables. There are a wide range of buy-ins to suit all budgets, and the tournament kicks-off with two $500 freerolls before the series gets underway proper on 20th November. Each SOFT Series event winner will receive an Intertops Poker Soft Series Champion hoodie and a seat at the table for the Champions Tournament. The highlight of the series, the Champions Tournament takes place on 25th November at 6:30pm ET and has a guaranteed World Series of Poker Caribbean prize worth $4,100. The World Ser
Telstra: Capital Planning & Delivery Named PMO of the Year15.11.2018 17:21 | Pressemelding
Today, Project Management Institute (PMI), the world’s leading association for the project, program and portfolio management profession, announced that Telstra: Capital Planning & Delivery (Melbourne, Australia) has been awarded the 2018 PMO of the Year Award. In 2012, Telstra created the Capital Planning and Delivery (CP&D) function as a dedicated capability within the Finance and Strategy organization. Their purpose was clear – support the annual capital investment allocation, prioritization, and planning processes to better support investment programs and projects. Since that time, it has created a single enterprise wide investment gating model, created a sponsorship engagement model going from 0% of sponsors engaged at the start to 77% today, and enabled a culture of never stopping projects to one that stops non-viable efforts. With many other accomplishments, the core was a cultural transformation. Engagement of sponsors, enabling project management development opportunities and c