Visa Announces Team Visa Roster for the Upcoming Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
Visa (NYSE:V) today announced its global Team Visa roster for the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018, comprised of over 40 Olympians and Paralympians from 17 countries, including Mikaela Shiffrin (USA), Chloe Kim (USA), Mark McMorris (Canada), Gus Kenworthy (USA), Oksana Masters (USA), Lee, Sang Hwa (South Korea), Kamil Stoch (Poland), and Hilary Knight (USA). This team of Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls represent a diverse group of individuals representing a range of sports, from snowboarding and speed skating to ski jumping and figure skating.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170920005473/en/
Visa is excited to announce the #TeamVisa roster of athletes who are going for gold at #PyeongChang2018. (Photo: Business Wire)
A global Olympic partner for more than 30 years and Paralympic partner since 2003, Visa founded its Team Visa program in 2000, with the aim of providing athletes with the tools, resources and support they need to achieve their lifelong dreams, both on and off the field of competition, regardless of their origin or background. Today, Team Visa is unified by athletes who embody Visa’s values of acceptance, partnership and inclusion, with athletic talent matched equally by their character.
“We are excited to welcome all of our Olympic and Paralympic athletes to Team Visa and we think this roster is the perfect embodiment of what the Visa brand stands for, as these athletes push boundaries every day in everything they do,” said Chris Curtin, chief marketing innovation and brand officer at Visa Inc. “Team Visa athletes remain at the heart of Visa and we are excited to cheer them on in their pursuit of Olympic and Paralympic Gold in PyeongChang.”
The following athletes officially joined Team Visa ahead of PyeongChang 2018:
- Mikaela Shiffrin (USA, Alpine Skiing): After making history at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 as the youngest American to win Olympic Gold in Slalom, Mikaela is looking to solidify her place in Olympic Winter Games history by winning more Olympic medals than any other female alpine skier. During PyeongChang 2018, she is determined to compete in four individual events and the team competition.
- Chloe Kim (USA, Snowboard – Halfpipe): As a 13 year-old, Chloe qualified for the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 and would have been a favorite to win Gold, but by rule was too young to compete. At the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018, as a first generation Korean American, Chloe is looking to win her first Olympic Gold medal in her parents’ home country. The Southern Californian teen has quickly become the sport’s biggest star aiming to make her Olympic Winter Games mark in PyeongChang.
- Mark McMorris (Canada, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air): After a near-fatal crash in back-country British Columbia in March 2017, Mark’s determination to reach the top of the podium at PyeongChang 2018 is what is fueling his recovery to push himself beyond the limits. Given that he won bronze at Sochi 2014 just two weeks after suffering a fractured rib, Mark is determined to defy the odds once again at the Olympic Winter Games, and bring home Gold in the inaugural big air event – arguably his best event.
- Gus Kenworthy (USA, Freestyle Skiing – Slopestyle & Halfpipe): As the first openly gay action sports athlete, Gus is a trailblazer on and off the slopes. In his Olympic Winter Games debut in Sochi 2014, Gus earned a Silver medal in the inaugural slopestyle event, and has his sights set on reaching the podium in both slopestyle & halfpipe at PyeongChang 2018. Off the slopes, Gus is a major advocate for the LGBTQ community, hoping to inspire others to be confident and open about their sexuality.
- Lee, Sang Hwa (South Korea, Speed Skating): As a two-time Gold medalist, Lee, Sang Hwa is always pushing past her own limits on and off the ice. She was inspired to skate by her brother, but her parents could only afford to support one child in pursuit of the Olympic Winter Games dream, driving her to work harder to push past her personal boundaries. In 2018, Sang Hwa hopes to do what only one other Olympian has done – win a Gold medal in three consecutive Olympic Winter Games. With PyeongChang 2018 being held on her own turf, she is inspired more than ever to reach the top of the podium.
- Kamil Stoch (Poland, Ski Jumping): Born and raised in Zakopane, a Polish ski resort, Kamil Stoch learned to ski when he was three years old, and started jumping just one year later. By the time he was sixteen, Stoch made his World Cup debut and two years later he competed in his first Olympic Winter Games. At Sochi 2014, Stoch won two individual Golds, making him the third ski jumper in history to win both individual events.
- Oksana Masters (USA, Para cross-country skiing & Para biathlon): Oksana was born with complications that later were linked to nuclear radiation exposure and she was given up for adoption at a Ukrainian orphanage. Needless to say, the now three-time Paralympian has been defying all odds since birth. Oksana has three Paralympic medals under her belt (2 Bronze and 1 Silver), and is hungry for her first Gold at PyeongChang 2018. She’s also hoping to make history. After missing the medal podium by 3 seconds in 2014, Oksana is aiming to be the first US athlete at the Olympic or Paralympic Winter Games to medal in Biathlon.
- Hilary Knight (USA, Ice Hockey): Hilary was a member of the United States Women’s Ice Hockey Team that won Silver medals at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 and Vancouver 2010, and is hoping to bring home her first Gold at PyeongChang 2018. Off the ice, Hilary is a leading advocate in the fight for equal compensation for female ice hockey players and also made history in 2014 when she became the first female skater (non-goalie) to practice with an NHL team.
Additional Team Visa athletes from around the globe include:
(USA, Ski Jumping), Maggie Voisin (USA, Freestyle Skiing –
Slopestyle), David Wise (USA, Freestyle Skiing – Halfpipe), Jamie
Anderson (USA, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Travis
Gerrits (Canada, Freestyle Skiing – Aerials), Charles Hamelin
(Canada, Short Track Speed Skating), Mac Marcoux (Canada, Para
alpine skiing), Scott Moir (Canada, Figure Skating), Spencer
O’Brien (Canada, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Tessa
Virtue (Canada, Figure Skating)
- Not Competing: Meryl Davis (USA, Figure Skating), Charlie White (USA, Figure Skating)
- Retired: Angela Ruggiero (USA, Ice Hockey)
- Asia: Park, Seung Hi (South Korea, Speed Skating), Beibei Chu (China, Para cross-country skiing), Han Cong (China, Figure Skating), Sui Wenjing (China, Figure Skating), Han Tianyu (China, Short Track Speed Skating), Zhang Yiwei (China, Snowboard – Halfpipe), Sara Takanashi (Japan, Ski Jumping), Noriaki Kasai (Japan, Ski Jumping), Park, Caroline (South Korea, Ice Hockey), Lee, Sang Ho (South Korea, Snowboard – Parallel Slalom), Lim, Hyo Jun (South Korea, Short Track Speed Skating), Jung, Seung Hwan (South Korea, Para ice hockey) , Michael Christian Martinez (Philippines, Figure Skating)
- Europe: Ester Ledecka (Czech Republic, Alpine Skiing & Snowboard – Parallel Slalom), Roope Tonteri (Finland, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Elise Christie (Great Britain, Short Track Speed Skating), Billy Morgan (Great Britain, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Peter Fill (Italy, Alpine Skiing), Marcus Kleveland (Norway, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Maxim Trankov (Russia, Figure Skating), Tatiana Volosozhar (Russia, Figure Skating), Stina Nilsson (Sweden, Cross-Country Skiing), Patrick Burgener (Switzerland, Snowboard – Halfpipe)
- Africa: Brolin Mawejje (Uganda, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air)
- South America: Dominique Ohaco (Chile, Freestyle Skiing – Slopestyle)
Tickets are currently available for purchase directly through the PyeongChang 2018 ticketing website for residents of Korea (including registered Non-Koreans residing in Korea) or through PyeongChang 2018’s Authorized Ticket Resellers for international residents. Starting from November, tickets will also be available on sale at outlets and main ticket centers in Korea. For more information on PyeongChang 2018 tickets, please visit: https://tickets.pyeongchang2018.com/
For additional information on Team Visa, follow along at @VisaNews on Twitter and visit www.visa.com.
About Visa Inc.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce. For more information, visit usa.visa.com/aboutvisa, visacorporate.tumblr.com and @VisaNews.
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
IFF Strengthens Innovation Platform as Partner in Amkiri’s Visual Fragrance™ Technology24.5.2018 20:15 | Pressemelding
Regulatory News: International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE: IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF), a leading innovator of sensory experiences that move the world, announced its partnership in Amkiri’s Visual Fragrance Technology -- a new ‘ink’ that can be drawn on the skin that also delivers a long-lasting fragrance, thus connecting the senses of sight and smell. The innovative product’s launch was announced on March 22, 2018 by Amkiri, an Israeli-based start-up that was founded in 2014. “This is a significant innovation in the fragrance category, merging strong and deeply personal visuals with the resonance and emotion of fragrance,” said IFF Chairman and CEO Andreas Fibig. “The Visual Fragrance technology creates a new platform from which IFF can showcase our capabilities, including naturals, molecules, and cosmetic actives. The potential for innovative applications are nearly endless and our teams are truly inspired by the possibilities.” Amkiri’s patented Visual Fragrance is applied to th
Hisense's Zhou Houjian and Huawei's Kevin Ho to Keynote CES Asia; Focus on Mobility, 5G and Connectivity24.5.2018 15:00 | Pressemelding
The Consumer Technology AssociationTM (CTA) today announced that Hisense Chairman Zhou Houjian and Huawei’s president of Handset Product Line Kevin Ho will deliver separate keynote addresses at the upcoming CES AsiaTM 2018. As CES Asia drives the expansion of technology into new areas like artificial intelligence, vehicle technology, AR, VR and more, Chairman Zhou and Mr. Ho will discuss the future of innovation at their respective companies through connectivity and mobility during Asia’s premier tech event. “Hisense and Huawei have become major global brands by challenging the status quo and creating innovative product solutions that engage, entertain and connect consumers around the world,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CTA. “We are thrilled to welcome Chairman Zhou and Mr. Ho to the CES Asia keynote stage and are eager to learn from these experts who are leading the charge to harness the potential of 5G through various implementation strategies and connection opportunities.”
Maximum Cryptocurrencies Available for EU Traders in Libertex24.5.2018 14:29 | Pressemelding
Libertex trading platform, operated by Indication Investments Ltd, announces that starting from May 23rd 2018, European traders can perform operations with 34 new cryptocurrency CFD instruments. This means that Libertex became one of the leading applications and trading platforms for EU traders in terms of amount of cryptocurrencies available. Andrew Nikolaev, Libertex Executive director highlighted: “Cryptocurrencies are one of the main trends in financial industry for the past couple of years. The demand for these assets grows significantly. We are happy to satisfy the demand of European traders for new innovative crypto-instruments launching them in our cutting edge Libertex platform”. Launch of cryptocurrency pairs in Libertex for EU traders follows Circular from Cyprus financial regulator - CySec issued on May 15th 2018, that introduces new rules for governing derivatives on virtual currencies. According to this Circular, CFDs on virtual currencies are considered as financial inst
Andersen Global’s Middle East Expansion Continues with Solutions Bridge in Kuwait24.5.2018 13:30 | Pressemelding
Solutions Bridge, an Accounting and Corporate Secretarial Services firm in Kuwait City, has signed a Collaboration Agreement with Andersen Global. The addition of a location in Kuwait demonstrates Andersen Global’s growth in the Middle East, which is a significant market for the organization. “Having a strong practice in Kuwait is important to our regional success and this is an extraordinary opportunity to continue providing best-in-class services globally,” commented Mark Vorsatz, Global Chairman and Andersen Tax LLC CEO. “There are many changes in the Middle East currently and the development of tax laws is a major factor in the region. The addition of Solutions Bridge, one of the largest accounting firms in Kuwait, positions us for continued opportunities for expansion.” Formed by former professionals of Andersen in Kuwait, Solutions Bridge is led by Partner Fouad Al Hourani. The firm provides accounting and corporate secretarial services for both individuals and corporations in a
Workiva Signs OEM Agreement with SAP to Offer SAP® Cloud Platform Integration with the Workiva Wdesk Platform24.5.2018 13:00 | Pressemelding
Workiva (NYSE:WK), a leader in cloud-based data collaboration, reporting and compliance solutions, today announced it has signed an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) agreement with SAP (NYSE:SAP). Through this agreement, Workiva is partnering with SAP to provide a first-party integration with the Wdesk platform using the SAP® Cloud Platform Integration service. The bundled solutions are expected to provide customers with powerful linking, auditability and control features. “Today’s announcement demonstrates that Workiva and SAP are committed to providing customers with a rich integration experience,” said Matt Rizai, chairman and CEO of Workiva. “Through our OEM partnership, we will help customers all over the world improve the value of their business data.” After users integrate their SAP business data directly into the Wdesk platform, they can benefit from the full capabilities of Wdesk, including synchronized data, dynamic commentary, controlled collaboration, granular permissio
M-Brain Appoints New CEO24.5.2018 12:25 | Pressemelding
M-Brain, a global leader in market and media intelligence solutions, has appointed Christian Cedercreutz Chief Executive Officer as of 13.8.2018. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180524005676/en/ M-Brain, a global leader in market and media intelligence solutions, has appointed Christian Cedercreutz Chief Executive Officer as of 13.8.2018. (Photo: Business Wire) Christian holds a Master of Economics degree from Hanken School of Economics in Helsinki. His career has been built with IBM over the past 20 years, in which he has held various management positions in five different European countries. Christian brings strong consultative selling experience and has over the years worked across the IBM Corporation in roles such as leading global client relationships, and leading SW and HW technology businesses in Finland. His most recent role has been to lead the cognitive SW solutions (Watson) business in Finland. Simu