Virgin Voyages Sets Out to Rival Food Scene in World Famous Cities
Sir Richard Branson’s new cruise line’s food reveal breaks all the traditional industry rules
NEW YORK, Nov. 08, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Virgin Voyages, the new lifestyle brand set to disrupt the travel industry, today announces the breadth of its onboard eateries, which include an expansive array of restaurants ranging from haute cuisine to casual fare. With a total of 20+ food choices onboard Virgin Voyages’ first ship, Scarlet Lady, the company released new designs for their restaurants, seaside lounges and casual eateries by their Creative Collective, which includes world-renowned designers from Roman and Williams, Tom Dixon, Concrete Amsterdam and Soft Room, amongst others.
Virgin Voyages does not believe in paying more for great food and ditched the traditional upcharges levied when dining in specialty restaurants at sea. Virgin Voyages has designed all eateries on board to offer exceptional made to order eats and opted to include all restaurant food in the voyage fare.
The Virgin Voyages Rebellious Luxe experience is rooted in the modern romance of sailing: a thoroughly new take on the formal grandeur and opulence of the ocean liner heyday when ships were at the forefront of both technology and luxury.
Virgin Voyages will offer sailors a uniquely elevated and boutique Adult-by-Design experience for the 18+ traveler. Virgin Voyages aims to be one of the cleanest fleets at sea, with a ban on single-use plastics for its sailors and no buffet on board the ship, the company will significantly reduce waste and reinvest savings into clean technology and quality products for its sailors. The Scarlet Lady is designed to reflect a yacht’s sleek luxury and will set sail from PortMiami for the 2020 season with 2,770 sailors and 1,160 crew on an unforgettable journey to the Caribbean, she will also be the newest ship sailing to Havana on select voyages.
“There’s a Virgin twist on everything you’ll see aboard the Scarlet Lady, which means there will be no stuffy formalities, boring buffets and no main dining rooms. Sailors are not going to want to leave our ship after they experience how we’ve designed our restaurants and tasted the dishes we are going to be serving up in 2020,” said Sir Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group.
Virgin Voyages will bring city-like eating to sea and throw out the traditional cruise dining rule book, with no buffet, no main dining room, no forced formal wear, no assigned seating, no assigned dining times and enhanced the choice for sailors to grab a bite by keeping restaurant doors open until well into the night and in some cases the early hours of the morning.
With beautifully-designed eateries setting the stage, Virgin Voyages has expanded its Creative Collective to include the world class AvroKO Hospitality Group, AvroKO's strategy arm, Brand Bureau (BB), and their very own Michelin-starred chef Brad Farmerie. BB took the reigns creating the strategy for the entire on-board food and beverage experience, viewing it as its own small city and thinking through what experiences the people of that city would want and enjoy. Chef Brad Farmerie of AvroKO Hospitality Group came in to help develop the overall culinary programming strategy and identify culinary experts in the various cuisine types to execute each of the exciting menus. AvroKO Hospitality Group’s portfolio includes Saxon + Parole, Genuine Liquorette, and Ghost Donkey.
From experimental and haute cuisine to healthy quick bite options, the onboard eateries are tailored for sailors to realize new experiences that are grounded in core values of discovery, transformation, intimate connections and Vitamin Sea - the brand’s approach to well-being for people and the planet - whilst always being never normal.
Sailors can dine at a table or opt to enjoy their meal at the bar, with nearly all restaurants on board featuring a bar. Each restaurant will be helmed by a leading chef who leads their kitchen with passion and artfulness. With a made-to-order philosophy around food, Virgin Voyages pledges to never have to sacrifice quality for a quick bite.
- WAKE- Designed by Roman and Williams, Wake offers sailors a dramatic view of the ship’s wake. Serving a theatrical take on steak and seafood, Wake is the most glamorous restaurant on the ship, with a dramatic grand staircase entryway.
- RAZZLE DAZZLE - With an interior scheme that nods to the namesake, the bold camouflaging of ships from WWI using patterns of black and white paint, Razzle Dazzle was designed by Concrete Amsterdam. With vibrant and creative twists on vegetarian fare and a juice bar. The “nice” menu offers plant-based vegetarian and vegan dishes including must have muchies such as the Impossible Burger. The “naughty” side enables sailors to order meat “add-ons” and offers to spike their healthy smoothies with boozy shots. To live up to the boldness of its name, Razzle Dazzle will not simply brunch but rather Drag Brunch, where sailors are treated to a performance by the Scarlet Lady’s resident drag performer and friends.
- THE TEST KITCHEN - Designed by Concrete Amsterdam and inspired by Escoffier’s Ma Cuisine, this laboratory-like eatery is part cooking school and part restaurant, making it the ultimate place for discovery through cuisine with an atmosphere that is educational, experiential and social all in one. The chef-driven set menus are presented in the form of an ingredient list to Sailors who will discover how the chef combines the list of flavors throughout the course of the meal.
- GEONBAE- Geonbae, the equivalent of the expression bottoms up in Korean, is a Korean BBQ restaurant designed by Soft Room. Hosted by the loudest servers at sea, each meal will begin with a complimentary round of soju for the table and throughout the evening sailors are encouraged to take part in lively Korean drinking games.
- PINK AGAVE- An elevated Mexican restaurant designed by Tom Dixon, Pink Agave transports sailors to the vibrant streets of Mexico City through immersive void lighting. Offering a wide variety of Mexican specialties that inspire sailors to discover authentic Mexican flavors including tlayudas, memelas, sopes, tortas, esquites, and tamales.
- EXTRA VIRGIN- Extra Virgin is the ships trattoria serving regionally-inspired and approachable food, deeply rooted in Italian culinary traditions with handmade fresh pasta made daily. A meal begins with shared antipasti followed by approachable pasta-centric favorites.
- DOCK- Set in the ship’s sun-dappled lounging area at the aft of the ship on deck 7, The Dock is a beach club-inspired space designed by Roman and Williams. Carts of Mediterranean small plates, salads, dips and mezzes provide perfect graving options throughout the day.
- THE GALLEY- Modeled on popular food halls where visitors can taste a cornucopia from different restaurants, The Galley will be the main space for the quick and casual meal throughout the day. The food hall will feature a mix of more than eight shops and food carts, each offering a unique concept with irresistible signature dishes that changes to suit the time of day. The Galley’s concepts include a dedicated bakery and pastry shop, a panini shop, a burger grill, a taco shack, a sushi bar with bento boxes, a noodle bar, a soup and salad stand, and a 24-hour American diner.
- THE PIZZA PLACE- Sailors can choose from the classic menu, or allow them to design their very own bespoke pizza.
More details on the new lifestyle brand’s experiences will be revealed throughout the coming year. Those interested in Virgin Voyages can enter to win a tasty free voyage* now through November 16 by visiting www.virginvoyages.com and opting into the sweepstakes by entering their email address.
ABOUT VIRGIN VOYAGES
Virgin Voyages is the new lifestyle brand set to disrupt the travel industry. The Virgin Voyages experience is rooted in the modern romance of sailing: a thoroughly modern take on the enchantment and indulgence of the ocean liner heyday when ships were at the forefront of both technology and luxury. Featuring spaces designed by some of the top names in contemporary interiors and livery by Ben Christie and David Azurdia from the multi-award-winning Magpie Studio in London, Virgin Voyages will offer sailors four-star spa services, unique and unexpected entertainment and shore excursion. With its maiden voyage scheduled for the 2020 season, Virgin Voyages’ first ship the Scarlet Lady was designed to reflect a yacht’s sleek luxury featuring a silver-grey hull and smoked glass with playful red highlights as a nod to Virgin’s iconic brand. Virgin Voyages is committed to being one of the cleanest fleets at sea with sustainability at the forefront: they are the first to eliminate all single use plastics for their sailors and are developing clean energy technology and innovative waste management systems onboard. The inaugural season will host more than 2,770 sailors (18 and over) and 1,160 crew on an unforgettable voyage to the Caribbean.
*Visit www.virginvoyages.com for official sweepstakes terms and conditions. Free voyage for two subject to availability on select Caribbean sailings. Airfare not included with prize. Sweepstakes open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside at the time of entry.
Photos accompanying this announcement are available at
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Følg saker fra GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra GlobeNewswire
First Quarter 2019 Results Conference Call24.4.2019 19:55:00 CEST | Pressemelding
AURORA, Ontario, April 24, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Magna International Inc. (TSX: MG ) (NYSE: MGA ) FIRST QUARTER 2019 RESULTS CONFERENCE CALL THURSDAY – MAY 9, 2019 8:30 AM ET DIAL IN NUMBERS North America: 1-800-954-0587 International: 1-312-281-2942 Webcast: www.magna.com Slide presentation will be available on our website prior to the call. REBROADCAST INFORMATION Replay available 2 hours after the call until May 16, 2019 North America: 1-800-558-5253 International: 1-416-626-4100 Reservation No.: 21922562 INVESTOR CONTACT Louis Tonelli, Vice-President, Investor Relations email@example.com 905-726-7035 TELECONFERENCE CONTACT Nancy Hansford, Executive Assistant, Investor Relations firstname.lastname@example.org 905-726-7108
Flashpoint Strengthens Intelligence Platform with New Dashboards and Analytics, Expanded Collections and Tailored Alerting by Industry24.4.2019 16:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Company Significantly Expands Use-Case Driven Business Risk Intelligence (BRI) Offerings NEW YORK, April 24, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Flashpoint, the global leader in Business Risk Intelligence (BRI), today announced new innovations and enhancements that help multiple teams bolster cybersecurity, confront fraud, detect insider threats, enhance corporate and physical security, and address third-party risk. The new innovations and enhancements strengthen Flashpoint Intelligence Platform, which grants access to the company’s archive of finished intelligence reports, data from illicit forums, marketplaces, chat services, paste sites, technical data, card and account shops, and vulnerabilities, in a finished intelligence experience. The platform scales Flashpoint’s internal team of specialized, multilingual intelligence analysts’ ability to quickly provide responses to customers. “As a long-time Flashpoint customer, I have seen many iterations of the company’s platform, technology, and coll
VSBLTY LAUNCHES NEW CORPORATE WEBSITE;SHOWCASES MARKETING & SECURITY TECHNOLOGY24.4.2019 14:05:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Philadelphia, PA, April 24, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- VSBLTY Groupe Technologies Corp. (CSE: VSBY) (Frankfurt: 5VS) is pleased to announce the launch of its new, upgraded website (vsblty.net) that demonstrates “The Intersection of Marketing & Security.” VSBLTY is a leading software technology company that provides consumer audience measurement using the power of machine learning through computer vision. Its industry-leading VisionCaptor™ and DataCaptor™ combines motion graphics or interactive brand messaging on any digital display at point of customer contact with “first of its kind” FacialAnalytics. VSBLTY’s measurement technology records demographics such as age, gender, and sentiment as well as audience measurement including content touches, traffic counts, and dwell time. Jay Hutton, VSBLTY Co-Founder and CEO, said, “Our website shows how our digital display solutions are transforming public spaces and providing actionable marketing insights. In addition, VSBLTY Vector™, our disrupt
Fiverr Adds Depth to Management Team, Announces Hila Klein as Chief Operating Officer24.4.2019 14:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
The veteran executive brings over 15 years of leadership experience to the company as it continues to build upon its mission of changing how the world works together NEW YORK, April 24, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fiverr, a marketplace that connects businesses with freelancers offering digital services, is proud to announce the appointment of Hila Klein as Chief Operating Officer. Klein has a strong background as a product and technology executive, having most recently served as a Senior Vice President, Head of Product Technologies Division at 888 Holdings. She will report directly to Fiverr CEO, Micha Kaufman. “Over the past year, Fiverr has grown both as a business and as an organization. That means the stakes are higher and the challenges are bigger,” said Micha Kaufman, Fiverr CEO. “As such, it was necessary for us to bring in someone to help us oversee all internal processes and procedures. Hila has demonstrated the leadership capabilities that are necessary to help us improve our cr
Qtum Launches Enterprise Blockchain Solution — Unita24.4.2019 10:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
SHANGHAI, China, April 24, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Qtum, the open-source public blockchain platform, launched Unita, a blockchain protocol designed for enterprises. Unita securely stores data, utilizes existing developer tools and automates information transfer processes for businesses at a groundbreaking speed of 10,000 transactions per second. Unita’s flexibility allows a wide population of developers to use common tools to solve the biggest problems businesses face when considering adopting blockchain technology, including consumer data regulations and verification. Unita takes advantage of an innovative, unique, and scalable consensus algorithm, SCAR, that allows parameter adjustments to take place on the blockchain. The dynamic nature of SCAR saves substantial amounts of disk space, bandwidth, and other network resources. Miguel Palencia, Chief Information Officer of the Qtum Foundation, said: “Speed and customization are two of the main barriers for enterprises looking to adopt
Percona Names Martin James Vice President of Sales EMEA & APAC24.4.2019 09:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
James Brings Over 25 Years of Sales Management Experience to Percona RALEIGH, N.C., April 24, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Percona , a leader in open source database software and services, has named Martin James vice president of sales for the EMEA and APAC regions. With more than 25 years of experience building and leading sales teams in Europe, James will be responsible for the entire Percona EMEA sales operation, including direct sales, business development and partner channels. Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed, enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. An unbiased, trusted partner, Percona provides single-source expertise in multi-vendor environments that eliminates lock-in, increases agility and enables business growth. Prior to joining Percona, James was the regional vice president of Northern Europe for open source database