Virgin Voyages Sets Out to Rival Food Scene in World Famous Cities
Sir Richard Branson’s new cruise line’s food reveal breaks all the traditional industry rules
NEW YORK, Nov. 08, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Virgin Voyages, the new lifestyle brand set to disrupt the travel industry, today announces the breadth of its onboard eateries, which include an expansive array of restaurants ranging from haute cuisine to casual fare. With a total of 20+ food choices onboard Virgin Voyages’ first ship, Scarlet Lady, the company released new designs for their restaurants, seaside lounges and casual eateries by their Creative Collective, which includes world-renowned designers from Roman and Williams, Tom Dixon, Concrete Amsterdam and Soft Room, amongst others.
Virgin Voyages does not believe in paying more for great food and ditched the traditional upcharges levied when dining in specialty restaurants at sea. Virgin Voyages has designed all eateries on board to offer exceptional made to order eats and opted to include all restaurant food in the voyage fare.
The Virgin Voyages Rebellious Luxe experience is rooted in the modern romance of sailing: a thoroughly new take on the formal grandeur and opulence of the ocean liner heyday when ships were at the forefront of both technology and luxury.
Virgin Voyages will offer sailors a uniquely elevated and boutique Adult-by-Design experience for the 18+ traveler. Virgin Voyages aims to be one of the cleanest fleets at sea, with a ban on single-use plastics for its sailors and no buffet on board the ship, the company will significantly reduce waste and reinvest savings into clean technology and quality products for its sailors. The Scarlet Lady is designed to reflect a yacht’s sleek luxury and will set sail from PortMiami for the 2020 season with 2,770 sailors and 1,160 crew on an unforgettable journey to the Caribbean, she will also be the newest ship sailing to Havana on select voyages.
“There’s a Virgin twist on everything you’ll see aboard the Scarlet Lady, which means there will be no stuffy formalities, boring buffets and no main dining rooms. Sailors are not going to want to leave our ship after they experience how we’ve designed our restaurants and tasted the dishes we are going to be serving up in 2020,” said Sir Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group.
Virgin Voyages will bring city-like eating to sea and throw out the traditional cruise dining rule book, with no buffet, no main dining room, no forced formal wear, no assigned seating, no assigned dining times and enhanced the choice for sailors to grab a bite by keeping restaurant doors open until well into the night and in some cases the early hours of the morning.
With beautifully-designed eateries setting the stage, Virgin Voyages has expanded its Creative Collective to include the world class AvroKO Hospitality Group, AvroKO's strategy arm, Brand Bureau (BB), and their very own Michelin-starred chef Brad Farmerie. BB took the reigns creating the strategy for the entire on-board food and beverage experience, viewing it as its own small city and thinking through what experiences the people of that city would want and enjoy. Chef Brad Farmerie of AvroKO Hospitality Group came in to help develop the overall culinary programming strategy and identify culinary experts in the various cuisine types to execute each of the exciting menus. AvroKO Hospitality Group’s portfolio includes Saxon + Parole, Genuine Liquorette, and Ghost Donkey.
From experimental and haute cuisine to healthy quick bite options, the onboard eateries are tailored for sailors to realize new experiences that are grounded in core values of discovery, transformation, intimate connections and Vitamin Sea - the brand’s approach to well-being for people and the planet - whilst always being never normal.
Sailors can dine at a table or opt to enjoy their meal at the bar, with nearly all restaurants on board featuring a bar. Each restaurant will be helmed by a leading chef who leads their kitchen with passion and artfulness. With a made-to-order philosophy around food, Virgin Voyages pledges to never have to sacrifice quality for a quick bite.
- WAKE- Designed by Roman and Williams, Wake offers sailors a dramatic view of the ship’s wake. Serving a theatrical take on steak and seafood, Wake is the most glamorous restaurant on the ship, with a dramatic grand staircase entryway.
- RAZZLE DAZZLE - With an interior scheme that nods to the namesake, the bold camouflaging of ships from WWI using patterns of black and white paint, Razzle Dazzle was designed by Concrete Amsterdam. With vibrant and creative twists on vegetarian fare and a juice bar. The “nice” menu offers plant-based vegetarian and vegan dishes including must have muchies such as the Impossible Burger. The “naughty” side enables sailors to order meat “add-ons” and offers to spike their healthy smoothies with boozy shots. To live up to the boldness of its name, Razzle Dazzle will not simply brunch but rather Drag Brunch, where sailors are treated to a performance by the Scarlet Lady’s resident drag performer and friends.
- THE TEST KITCHEN - Designed by Concrete Amsterdam and inspired by Escoffier’s Ma Cuisine, this laboratory-like eatery is part cooking school and part restaurant, making it the ultimate place for discovery through cuisine with an atmosphere that is educational, experiential and social all in one. The chef-driven set menus are presented in the form of an ingredient list to Sailors who will discover how the chef combines the list of flavors throughout the course of the meal.
- GEONBAE- Geonbae, the equivalent of the expression bottoms up in Korean, is a Korean BBQ restaurant designed by Soft Room. Hosted by the loudest servers at sea, each meal will begin with a complimentary round of soju for the table and throughout the evening sailors are encouraged to take part in lively Korean drinking games.
- PINK AGAVE- An elevated Mexican restaurant designed by Tom Dixon, Pink Agave transports sailors to the vibrant streets of Mexico City through immersive void lighting. Offering a wide variety of Mexican specialties that inspire sailors to discover authentic Mexican flavors including tlayudas, memelas, sopes, tortas, esquites, and tamales.
- EXTRA VIRGIN- Extra Virgin is the ships trattoria serving regionally-inspired and approachable food, deeply rooted in Italian culinary traditions with handmade fresh pasta made daily. A meal begins with shared antipasti followed by approachable pasta-centric favorites.
- DOCK- Set in the ship’s sun-dappled lounging area at the aft of the ship on deck 7, The Dock is a beach club-inspired space designed by Roman and Williams. Carts of Mediterranean small plates, salads, dips and mezzes provide perfect graving options throughout the day.
- THE GALLEY- Modeled on popular food halls where visitors can taste a cornucopia from different restaurants, The Galley will be the main space for the quick and casual meal throughout the day. The food hall will feature a mix of more than eight shops and food carts, each offering a unique concept with irresistible signature dishes that changes to suit the time of day. The Galley’s concepts include a dedicated bakery and pastry shop, a panini shop, a burger grill, a taco shack, a sushi bar with bento boxes, a noodle bar, a soup and salad stand, and a 24-hour American diner.
- THE PIZZA PLACE- Sailors can choose from the classic menu, or allow them to design their very own bespoke pizza.
More details on the new lifestyle brand’s experiences will be revealed throughout the coming year. Those interested in Virgin Voyages can enter to win a tasty free voyage* now through November 16 by visiting www.virginvoyages.com and opting into the sweepstakes by entering their email address.
ABOUT VIRGIN VOYAGES
Virgin Voyages is the new lifestyle brand set to disrupt the travel industry. The Virgin Voyages experience is rooted in the modern romance of sailing: a thoroughly modern take on the enchantment and indulgence of the ocean liner heyday when ships were at the forefront of both technology and luxury. Featuring spaces designed by some of the top names in contemporary interiors and livery by Ben Christie and David Azurdia from the multi-award-winning Magpie Studio in London, Virgin Voyages will offer sailors four-star spa services, unique and unexpected entertainment and shore excursion. With its maiden voyage scheduled for the 2020 season, Virgin Voyages’ first ship the Scarlet Lady was designed to reflect a yacht’s sleek luxury featuring a silver-grey hull and smoked glass with playful red highlights as a nod to Virgin’s iconic brand. Virgin Voyages is committed to being one of the cleanest fleets at sea with sustainability at the forefront: they are the first to eliminate all single use plastics for their sailors and are developing clean energy technology and innovative waste management systems onboard. The inaugural season will host more than 2,770 sailors (18 and over) and 1,160 crew on an unforgettable voyage to the Caribbean.
*Visit www.virginvoyages.com for official sweepstakes terms and conditions. Free voyage for two subject to availability on select Caribbean sailings. Airfare not included with prize. Sweepstakes open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside at the time of entry.
Photos accompanying this announcement are available at
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Følg saker fra GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra GlobeNewswire
CEO confidence in growth dips dramatically21.1.2019 18:45 | Pressemelding
Uncertainty in global economic growth in almost all countries, caution prevails US remains key target market for growth with China narrowing the gap, both see a decline from 2018 Trade conflicts, policy uncertainty, geopolitical issues and skills gap impacting strength of global economy and growth DAVOS, Switzerland, Jan. 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- What a difference a year makes. Nearly 30% of business leaders believe that global economic growth will decline in the next 12 months, approximately six times the level of 5% last year – a record jump in pessimism. This is one of the key findings of PwC’s 22nd annual survey of 1,300 plus CEOs around the world, launched today at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos. This is in vivid contrast to last year’s record jump, 29% to 57%, in optimism about global economic growth prospects. Although, all is not doom and gloom: 42% still see an improved economic outlook, though this is down significantly from a high of 57% in 2018. Overal
Komet announces initial Mineral Resource Estimate for the Kabaya Prospect, (Dabia Sud property, Mali)21.1.2019 15:10 | Pressemelding
QUEBEC CITY, Jan. 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Komet Resources inc. (TSX-V: KMT) (“Komet” or the “Company”) is pleased to report an initial mineral resource estimate for the Kabaya gold prospect drill prospect, located in the southern part of its Dabia Sud exploration permit (“the Property”) in Western Mali, West Africa. Highlights of the Resource Estimate include : An Indicated Resource of 3.17 million tonnes (Mt) grading 1.03 g/t for 105,000 contained gold ounces and an Inferred Resource of 0.96 Mt grading 1.14 g/t for 35,000 contained gold ounces at a cut-off grade of 0.40 g/t Au (table 1). The pit constrained resource is based on optimized pit shells using a gold price of 1350 US$ and a presumed heap leach gold recovery of saprolite ore. Gold mineralization at Kabaya remains open at depth in bedrock and laterally to the south-west and north-west. Komet intends to continue the resource definition drilling program in order to further develop the resource laterally in saprolite and at
INVNT Expands Global Footprint With Singapore Launch21.1.2019 15:07 | Pressemelding
NEW YORK, NY, Jan. 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- INVNT, the global live brand storytelling agency™, today announces the opening of its second office in the APAC region – and eighth office globally – located in the thriving creative hub of Singapore. The move comes as the agency, which made its foray into the APAC region in October 2017 with launch of an office in Sydney, Australia, secures global contracts with a number of both new and existing clients. In the last 12 months, INVNT has achieved a 70% client retention rating and worked with 23 new clients worldwide. "The global demand for live events is continually on the rise, with more and more organizations elevating “live” as a core part of their marketing, sales and public relations strategies. At INVNT we believe in the power of live brand storytelling™, as it enables our clients to create deeper, more meaningful relationships with their target audiences,” said Scott Cullather, CEO, INVNT. "With businesses benefitting from the posi
INVNT Expands Global Footprint With Singapore Launch21.1.2019 15:06 | Pressemelding
Tenaris completes acquisition of significant stake in Saudi Steel Pipe Company21.1.2019 13:57 | Pressemelding
LUXEMBOURG, Jan. 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tenaris S.A. (NYSE, Buenos Aires and Mexico: TS and MTA Italy: TEN) announced today that it closed its previously-announced acquisition from a private group of 47.79% of the shares of Saudi Steel Pipe Company (“SSP”), a welded steel pipes producer listed on the Saudi stock market, for a total amount of SAR 529.8 million (approximately US$141 million). SSP’s facilities are located in the Eastern Province of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and have a manufacturing capacity of 360,000 tons per year. The company, which started its operations in 1980 and serves energy, industrial and commercial segments, is qualified to supply products with major national oil companies in the region, including Saudi Aramco. Upon the closing of the transaction, four Tenaris’s nominees were appointed as new members of SSP’s board of directors. In addition, SSP’s board of directors appointed Mariano Armengol, a senior executive with Tenaris, as managing director and ch
FocusCura subsidiary Luscii will continue as independent company with partner OMRON Healthcare to accelerate their international expansion21.1.2019 12:37 | Pressemelding
Joining forces supports hospitals in moving care towards the home AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands, Jan. 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Luscii, the e-health application for remote monitoring developed by FocusCura, is set to continue as an independent company. Healthcare entrepreneur and FocusCura founder Daan Dohmen has acquired the majority of the shares and formed a strategic partnership with OMRON Healthcare, known among other things as the largest manufacturer of blood pressure monitors in the world. Part of this cooperation includes an investment, with which Luscii can accelerate its development further in the coming years. OMRON will also support launches in more European countries, as the two companies announced today. Remote monitoring With Luscii, chronically ill patients can be monitored remotely. Remote monitoring via the Luscii app, in combination with smart algorithms, warns the patient's healthcare network in the event of a deteriorating health situation. Direct contact is then