Unruly Launches Dashboard Which Tracks Emotional Trends Of Video Advertising
Did you know that the most shared ad of all time - Google Android’s 2015 commercial “Friends Furever” - made consumers around the globe feel almost four times as happy as the average ad?
Or that American consumers are far more likely to love a brand or buy a product after watching a video ad online than consumers in Europe? Or that happiness is the most common emotion people feel worldwide while watching video ad content, while hilarity is one of the least?
These stats are compiled using data from Unruly Pulse - a new dashboard launched in beta today by video ad tech company Unruly.
Academic and industry studies over the last decade have repeatedly shown the effects of emotional advertising on a variety of brand and business metrics, including increased brand favorability, purchase intent and earned media.
Unruly Pulse uses more than 550,000 consumer responses to show marketers which emotions drive engagement across different demos, events, territories and product verticals. Advertisers can also analyse individual ads and compare their overall performance in their sector.
Unruly co-CEO Sarah Wood added: “Consumer emotions drive product sales, as well as brand love, so it’s not surprising that smart marketers appreciate the important role that Emotional Intelligence has to play in delivering effective video ad campaigns. Marketers using Unruly Pulse will have their finger on the pulse of consumer emotions and they’ll be able to plan more effectively for video launches around zeitgeist events and seasonal trends.
“Harnessing the Emotional Intelligence of Unruly Pulse, they’ll be better placed to understand what works for their audience and why. They’ll be equipped to develop a video content strategy that will resonate with a specific audience at a specific moment in time.”
Other insights compiled using Unruly Pulse data include:
- The key drivers of video sharing differ greatly around the world. For example, in the US and Europe, emotions are the key drivers of video sharing, while in South-East Asia, Brazil and Turkey the focus is more on giving consumers reasons to share content. In the Nordics the most common reasons to share video ads are feelings of happiness, surprise and confusion;
- The ad which made Nordics viewers the most happy was an ad for Sunwing Family Resorts;
- Advertisers are failing to make people laugh, with hilarity one of the least common emotions worldwide, felt by 4% of respondents. Happiness is the most common emotion people felt while watching video content during the same period. It’s also the emotion most likely to cross national and cultural borders, making it perfect for sporting events like the Olympics and European Championships;
- Ahead of the Olympics in Rio, Brazilians are more likely to buy a product or love a brand after viewing an online ad than consumers in the US, South-East Asia and Europe. Two-thirds of Brazilians have a more favourable view of a brand after watching an ad, compared with 58% across ASEAN markets, 41% in the US, 28% in the UK and 26% in Germany. Purchase intent is also highest in Brazil, with 57% claiming they would buy a product post-viewing compared with 52% across ASEAN markets, 40% in the US, and 31% in the UK and Germany;
- Almost a fifth of millennials who watched Mountain Dew’s Super Bowl ad “Puppymonkeybaby” had a less favorable view of the brand after watching it;
- The launch of Christmas ads during November and December result in a global spike in inspiration and exhilaration. Meanwhile, hilarity spiked during this year’s Super Bowl;
- Our psychological responses change as we age and vary by gender. US males aged 25-34 are more likely to feel happiness, inspiration and pride while watching video ads, while male Boomers are more likely to feel confusion and disgust. Meanwhile, women aged 25-34 in the US are more likely to feel happiness and inspiration, while with Boomers it’s warmth, surprise and confusion;
- The most shared ad of all time - Google Android’s 2015 commercial “Friends Furever” (7 million shares worldwide) - made consumers around the globe feel almost four times as happy as the average ad. It was also over five times as likely to make people laugh as the average tech ad;
Using Unruly Pulse, advertisers can:
- Make data-driven decisions to drive purchase intent and brand metrics;
- Track how emotions seasonally ebb and flow over time;
- Find out what motivates viewers to share a piece of content;
- Identify the emotional profiles of best-in-class content ;
- Dissect trends by sector, geo & demo;
- Optimize distribution for maximum impact among their target segment.
Academic Dr Karen Nelson-Field, Director of the Centre for Digital Video Intelligence, said: “In true Unruly style, Unruly Pulse is a fun, user-friendly dashboard that provides deep levels of insight for brands and agencies hoping to make the most out of their video advertising campaigns.”
Methodology: Unruly Pulse is powered by Unruly’s unique, first-party data on emotional advertising. It visualises data from more than half a million consumer responses across thousands of videos, spanning EMEA, APAC and the Americas.
Pricing and availability: The dashboard is currently available in beta in Future Video Labs across the UK, US, France, Germany, Nordics and South-East Asia. To download our 7 Steps to Sporting S.U.C.C.E.S.S this Summer, click here. To find out more about the dashboard, please click here.
UNRULY, UNRULY PULSE and logos and associated marks are trademarks of Unruly Group. Other marks are owned by their respective owners.
Unruly is the ad tech company that gets videos watched, tracked and shared across the Open Web. Positioned at the intersect of video, social, native & mobile, Unruly uses emotional audience data and user-friendly video formats to massively increase viewer engagement, brand performance & publisher revenues.
With 3 out of every 4 video views now taking place outside of YouTube, 90% of Ad Age 100 brands have already used Unruly to connect with audiences at speed and scale across the Open Web.
Differentiated by a unique data set of 2 trillion video views and powered by a full tech stack, Unruly adds value by algorithmically evaluating content shareability and programmatically targeting custom audiences. Viewability is 100% guaranteed to an audience of 1.35 billion monthly unique users across mobile, tablet and desktop devices.
UnrulyX is the first supply side platform (SSP) for mobile video to offer scaled delivery of native ad formats and guarantee the viewability of premium video impressions bought via RTB.
Unruly employs 200 people across 15 offices, with regional HQs in London, New York and Singapore.
Its super power is emotional ad tech. Its secret weapon is passionate people on a mission to #DeliverWow. Unruly was acquired by News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) in September 2015.
David Waterhouse, +442071995871
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
SES Networks Works with Project Loon to Restore Connectivity in Puerto Rico23.10.2017 17:14 | Pressemelding
SES Networks' high throughput and fibre-like satellite connectivity service, the stratospheric balloons operated by X, Alphabet’s self-described “moonshot factory”, and local telecommunications expertise are playing a key role in restoring 4G/LTE connectivity in disaster-affected Puerto Rico, SES announced today. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171023006165/en/ SES Networks Works with Project Loon to Restore Connectivity in Puerto Rico (Photo: Business Wire) The connectivity is powered by Project Loon's targeted cell coverage and SES Networks' O3b FastConnect, a rapidly deployable satellite terminal delivering fibre-like performance. Together with local technology partners, SES Networks and X are providing reliable high-performance connectivity to Puerto Ricans whose lives have been dev
Sagemcom Unveils the Next-Generation Multi-Gigabit Solutions23.10.2017 16:05 | Pressemelding
AFTER THE SUCCESS OF ITS ONE GIGABIT GATEWAY RANGE, SAGEMCOM RELEASES TO THE OPERATORS THE NEXT GENERATION MULTI-GIGABIT GATEWAYS – VDSL 35B / G.FAST / PON, 2.5G/10G PON, DOCSIS 3.1 – INTEGRATING HIGH EFFICIENCY 802.11AX Wi-Fi, IN ADDITION TO NEW SMART HOME CONNECTIVITY SOLUTIONS INCLUDING DISTRIBUTED WI-FI, VOICE CONTROL AND HOME AUTOMATION. The VDSL 35B / G.fast / FTTH / PON universal gateway, F@st 5380, integrates G.fast 212MHz, GPON and 802.11ax Wi-Fi, enabling the operators to deliver Multi-Gigabit end-to-end services, and to meet the growing bandwidth required by the end-users. F@st 5380 benefits from the last innovations of the in-house field proven Sagemcom SWANTM software suite including big data, Wi-Fi distribution, smart diagnostics… The next generation Fiber gateways range includes two products: F@st 5688ax for 10G PON (XGS-PON
Moody’s Analytics Launches the CreditLens™ Platform23.10.2017 15:43 | Pressemelding
Moody’s Analytics has launched the CreditLens platform, our next-generation credit origination and risk monitoring solution. This new platform offers flexibility, configurability, and efficiency to lending institutions striving to establish smarter and leaner loan origination practices. The CreditLens platform reduces time-to-decision while tapping into powerful models and insightful analytics that help lenders manage risk and drive productivity. Lenders gain efficiency from the solution’s automated spreading capability and a flexible model authoring module. They also gain deep insights from built-in Moody’s Analytics Risk Grading features and Business Insights dashboards, which provide a complete view of the lender’s credit relationships. Automation in the platform also reduces errors and preserves data lineage throughout the credit assessment and origination process.
Knopp Biosciences Announces Renewal of NIH Blueprint Grant Award for Advancing KCNQ2 Modulators in Epilepsy23.10.2017 15:11 | Pressemelding
Knopp Biosciences LLC today announced the renewal and expansion of its grant award from the National Institutes of Health Blueprint Neurotherapeutics Network to advance novel treatments for epilepsy. The Phase 2 award under the NIH Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program anticipates NIH support of up to $2 million over the next three years of the project, subject to satisfactory completion of milestones. The renewal follows the successful completion of all milestones under a previously awarded Phase 1 grant of $400,000. Knopp is directing its potassium channel activator program to preclinical and clinical development of small-molecule drug candidates against a validated, anti-seizure pharmaceutical target encoded by the KCNQ2 gene. Knopp intends to advance novel, small-molecule KCNQ2 activators in neonatal epileptic encephalopathy, a rare disorder caused by inherit
HCL Technologies Powers Volvo Ocean Race 2017-1823.10.2017 13:02 | Pressemelding
The 2017-18 edition of the Volvo Ocean Race was flagged off at Alicante, Spain, with HCL Technologies as the strategic IT services provider. The leading global IT services company has provided end-to-end infrastructure support as well as connectivity between the Race Village and the Command Centre in Alicante further connecting them to 12 Host Cities on the race route globally. The world's longest and toughest professional sporting event began at Alicante and will finish eight months later at The Hague. At the flag-off, Jordi Neves, Chief Digital Officer, Volvo Ocean Race, said: “Over four decades, Volvo Ocean Race has drawn some of the greatest ever sailors. This edition of the race will be more digitally focused than before, with HCL as the strategic IT services provider. This edition is also special for us as we embark on a major Sustainability Program in partnership wi
CES Unveiled Paris Returns Tomorrow for Fifth Year with 70+ Exhibitors23.10.2017 13:00 | Pressemelding
Consumer Technology Association (CTA): WHAT: CES Unveiled Paris returns to Paris tomorrow, for its fifth consecutive year, hosting more than 70 exhibitors. More than 600 attendees are expected at the event which will unite French tech startups, top media, buyers and industry influencers around the latest tech innovation and provide a preview of CES® 2018. Schedule as follows:
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom