The Reasons Why Milan is the Best Choice for the European Medicines Agency
“With one of Europe’s best research and business environment, excellent links with Europe and the world, a vibrant and globally renowned lifestyle, as well as superb conditions for a smooth and effective relocation, Milan is ready to host the European Medicines Agency (EMA)” stated Prof. Silvio Garattini, eminent scientist and Director of the Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research in Milan, an authoritative foundation dedicated to world-class clinical and biomedical research.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170824005820/en/
View of the Pirelli Building in downtown Milan (Photo: Explora Tourism).
Seven reasons demonstrate why Milan represents the ideal setting to ensure the continuity of EMA's operations during the post-Brexit transition and offers the opportunity for a fulfilling personal and professional life:
1) A Smooth Relocation - The EMA will be hosted in a superbly located, ready-to-use state-owned building, the “Pirelli Building”. To foster retention, the EMA staff will be assisted in the transition by a newly established and fully dedicated Support Centre. Over 250 air connections per week with London will facilitate the transitional phase for staff needing to commute.
2) Europe at Your Fingertips - Three major airports (MPX, LIN, BGY) serve Milan with nearly 1,300 weekly flights to 27 EU capitals. A highly-developed rail and highway network connects the city to all other major Italian centres, to numerous globally renowned touristic destinations and to Italy’s neighboring countries.
3) The Best Hospitality - With nearly 100,000 beds and 17,400 restaurants and bars, Milan provides a wide range of accommodation and catering choices, very recently strengthened thanks to EXPO 2015. Located in the city center, the new EMA headquarters would have excellent access to a wide range of facilities.
4) Science and Innovation - A comprehensive network of international schools, eighteen universities and art academies will be available to those who relocate, together with an extensive network of public and private research institutions which create a vibrant environment for research and innovation. Italy has the second largest pharmaceutical industry in Europe in terms of production volumes, 60% of which are in Milan’s metropolitan area, and is the world’s largest exporter of medicines per capita.
5) EU Sinergy - The Joint Research Centre (JRC), the European Commission’s science and knowledge Directorate General, is based in Ispra, approximately 50km North of Milan, and the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) is based in Parma, 120km South-East of the city. This creates the potential for three EU science and research bodies to be based within 200km of each other, providing ample opportunities for an effective collaboration.
6) Italian Lifestyle - Quality of life in Milan is among the very best in the world, with abundant high-quality housing at competitive prices, a state-of-the-art health system, a thriving artistic and cultural environment, a unique food scene, and an efficient public transport system including car and bike sharing schemes. Everything is in reach: the beauty of the Italian coastline, the charm of Italy’s lakes and the wonders of the highest mountains in Europe.
7) Career Opportunities - Milan is a leader in financial and banking services, engineering, communication, manufacturing, energy, and basic and applied research. The city also plays an unrivalled role in the design and fashion industry. Nearly 3,600 multinational companies, with 280,000 employees and a yearly turnover of €167 billion, have chosen Milan as their base to manage their operations in Italy, Europe and globally.
Fondazione Milano per EXPO
The Foundation is a no-profit organization operating since 2008 which contributed to the success of EXPO 2015, both in the bidding phase and during the universal exposition in Milan (May 1st - October 31st, 2015). Created by Assolombarda (the Lombardy regional association of entrepreneurs), the Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce of Milan, Monza and Brianza and Lodi, and a group of entrepreneurs, the Foundation promotes international cooperation models featuring a high degree of social responsibility.
Press contact Fondazione Milano:
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Integral Expands Cryptocurrency Market Data Services to Include 14 Cryptocurrencies and 16 Exchanges23.1.2018 22:00 | Pressemelding
Integral (www.integral.com), the financial technology partner trusted by leading banks, brokers, and investment managers to design, deliver and grow their FX businesses, announced today that it has expanded its market data offering for cryptocurrencies to include 14 major cryptocurrencies connecting to all major exchange sources across the U.S., Europe and Asia including Japan and Hong Kong. “An accurate, stable, and reliable reference price is a requirement for any market maker,” said Harpal Sandhu, CEO of Integral. “The Cryptocurrency Market Data Service connects to the most price sources and applies the most advanced price discovery algorithm available.” Integral has years of experience as a technology leader and innovator in foreign exchange and is now applying this ingenuity to the cryptocurrency market. The Market Data Service uses algorithms developed with Stanford University for Integral FX Benchmark to provide the most precise reference prices for cryptocurrencies. “Integral’s
Kimbal Riley to Become Vista Group CEO23.1.2018 21:57 | Pressemelding
Vista Group International (NZX & ASX: VGL) has today announced that Kimbal Riley will take over as Group CEO from Murray Holdaway. Mr Holdaway will take up the position of Chief Product Officer (CPO) for Vista Group, and will continue in his role as an Executive Director on the Vista Group board. This has taken place as part of a succession planning process and will deliver a seamless transition within the business. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180123006545/en/ Kimbal Riley becomes CEO of Vista Group International (Photo: Business Wire) Mr Riley has had an extensive career in senior executive roles in the IT and Services industries in New Zealand and overseas. He joined Vista Group four years ago, with the past two years as CEO of Vista Entertainment Solutions (VES), which is responsible for the largest proportion of the Group’s revenue. He has been focused on building scale in the business and under his lea
IFF Breaks Ground on Flavors/Fragrances Site in Sri City, India23.1.2018 17:00 | Pressemelding
Regulatory News: International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE: IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF), a leading innovator of sensory experiences that move the world, has broken ground on a new flavors and fragrances plant located in Sri City, in the State of Andhra Pradesh in India. Part of a larger investment into the Greater Asia region, the plant is expected to be commercialized in December 2019. The new facility, which will be the largest flavor and fragrance manufacturing facility in India and the largest IFF site in Greater Asia, occupies a 32-acre/130,000m2 plot and will serve IFF flavors and fragrances customers across India and the region. “In this economically vibrant country, it is critical that we invest to provide our customers with winning tastes and scents,” said IFF Chairman and CEO Andreas Fibig. “This new facility is fitted with capabilities tailored for our customers’ needs. Coupled with our excellent consumer insights teams and their deep understanding of the local markets, w
Global Eagle to Elevate Airline Passenger Experience Over North America with More SES HTS Satellite Capacity23.1.2018 14:33 | Pressemelding
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (NASDAQ: ENT) is aiming to provide airline passengers travelling across North America with a connected inflight experience far more like the one passengers enjoy on the ground, tripling the amount of high throughput satellite (HTS) capacity secured with SES Networks aboard the SES-15 satellite. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180123005989/en/ Global Eagle to Elevate Airline Passenger Experience Over North America with More SES HTS Satellite Capacity (Photo: Business Wire) SES announced today that Global Eagle has secured a major increase of Ku-band capacity on its new hybrid SES-15 HTS satellite to enable the delivery of high-speed broadband and a wide range of inflight communications and operational applications aboard commercial airline flights throughout the US, including the increasingly important US mainland to Hawaii routes. The multi-year agreement is the latest contract t
Optiv Security Names Simon Church as General Manager and Executive Vice President, Europe; Accelerates International Growth Strategy with Expansion in Europe23.1.2018 14:05 | Pressemelding
Optiv Security, a market-leading provider of end-to-end cyber security solutions, today announced it is continuing to accelerate its international growth strategy by naming Simon Church as general manager and executive vice president, Europe. In his newly created role, Church will establish and grow Optiv’s presence in Europe, enabling the company to serve locally-based organizations and global clients with expanded skills, knowledge and presence. Optiv serves more than 60% of the Fortune 1000, and this appointment will increase its ability to provide US and international clients with worldwide expertise and experience, assisting them in reducing the complexity of their cyber security programs while maximizing the efficacy and value of their security investments. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180123005315/en/ Optiv Security Names Simon Church as General Manager and Executive Vice President, Europe; Accelerate
LEGO® Education Launches New Maker Activities for Schools23.1.2018 14:00 | Pressemelding
LEGO® Education Maker, a continuum of activities for early learning through middle school, is available today to schools around the world. The activities are centered around the iconic LEGO brick and inspired by the open-ended, playful creativity of making. The new, free LEGO Education Maker activities include stimulating challenges for every student at every education level and incorporate LEGO Education solutions including LEGO Education STEAM Park, LEGO Education Simple Machines, LEGO Education WeDo 2.0, LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 and LEGO Education Simple and Powered Machines. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180123005927/en/ LEGO® Education Launches New Maker Activities for Schools (Photo: Business Wire) New LEGO Education Maker activities provide unlimited learning for all ages The new LEGO Education Maker activities place educators in the role of facilitators, as they guide their students through a s
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom