The Reasons Why Milan is the Best Choice for the European Medicines Agency
“With one of Europe’s best research and business environment, excellent links with Europe and the world, a vibrant and globally renowned lifestyle, as well as superb conditions for a smooth and effective relocation, Milan is ready to host the European Medicines Agency (EMA)” stated Prof. Silvio Garattini, eminent scientist and Director of the Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research in Milan, an authoritative foundation dedicated to world-class clinical and biomedical research.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170824005820/en/
View of the Pirelli Building in downtown Milan (Photo: Explora Tourism).
Seven reasons demonstrate why Milan represents the ideal setting to ensure the continuity of EMA's operations during the post-Brexit transition and offers the opportunity for a fulfilling personal and professional life:
1) A Smooth Relocation - The EMA will be hosted in a superbly located, ready-to-use state-owned building, the “Pirelli Building”. To foster retention, the EMA staff will be assisted in the transition by a newly established and fully dedicated Support Centre. Over 250 air connections per week with London will facilitate the transitional phase for staff needing to commute.
2) Europe at Your Fingertips - Three major airports (MPX, LIN, BGY) serve Milan with nearly 1,300 weekly flights to 27 EU capitals. A highly-developed rail and highway network connects the city to all other major Italian centres, to numerous globally renowned touristic destinations and to Italy’s neighboring countries.
3) The Best Hospitality - With nearly 100,000 beds and 17,400 restaurants and bars, Milan provides a wide range of accommodation and catering choices, very recently strengthened thanks to EXPO 2015. Located in the city center, the new EMA headquarters would have excellent access to a wide range of facilities.
4) Science and Innovation - A comprehensive network of international schools, eighteen universities and art academies will be available to those who relocate, together with an extensive network of public and private research institutions which create a vibrant environment for research and innovation. Italy has the second largest pharmaceutical industry in Europe in terms of production volumes, 60% of which are in Milan’s metropolitan area, and is the world’s largest exporter of medicines per capita.
5) EU Sinergy - The Joint Research Centre (JRC), the European Commission’s science and knowledge Directorate General, is based in Ispra, approximately 50km North of Milan, and the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) is based in Parma, 120km South-East of the city. This creates the potential for three EU science and research bodies to be based within 200km of each other, providing ample opportunities for an effective collaboration.
6) Italian Lifestyle - Quality of life in Milan is among the very best in the world, with abundant high-quality housing at competitive prices, a state-of-the-art health system, a thriving artistic and cultural environment, a unique food scene, and an efficient public transport system including car and bike sharing schemes. Everything is in reach: the beauty of the Italian coastline, the charm of Italy’s lakes and the wonders of the highest mountains in Europe.
7) Career Opportunities - Milan is a leader in financial and banking services, engineering, communication, manufacturing, energy, and basic and applied research. The city also plays an unrivalled role in the design and fashion industry. Nearly 3,600 multinational companies, with 280,000 employees and a yearly turnover of €167 billion, have chosen Milan as their base to manage their operations in Italy, Europe and globally.
Fondazione Milano per EXPO
The Foundation is a no-profit organization operating since 2008 which contributed to the success of EXPO 2015, both in the bidding phase and during the universal exposition in Milan (May 1st - October 31st, 2015). Created by Assolombarda (the Lombardy regional association of entrepreneurs), the Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce of Milan, Monza and Brianza and Lodi, and a group of entrepreneurs, the Foundation promotes international cooperation models featuring a high degree of social responsibility.
Press contact Fondazione Milano:
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
California Sports Surfaces Announces New Senior Leadership22.9.2017 20:21 | Pressemelding
The California Sports Surfaces (CSS) brand, as part of ICP Construction (ICP), today announces the appointments of Steve Lock as global vice president; John Graham as leader, strategic accounts and global relationships; and Malcolm Parkes as managing director, Australia California Sports Surfaces. CSS is the leading supplier of such prestigious sports surfacing solutions as DecoTurf, Plexicushion Prestige, Rebound Ace, Premier Sports Coatings, Premier Court and Plexitrac. These world-renowned product lines supply the US Open, the Australian Open and other distinguished sporting events. Steve Lock has assumed the role of global vice president, responsible for managing the US and global sales and marketing teams for California Sport Surfaces. He was previously the leader for California Sports Surfaces in Australia and the Asia/Pacific region, and will be relocating to ICP global headquar
CORRECTING and REPLACING Smiths Detection Wins Biggest Ever Single Order for Next-Generation Hold Baggage Scanner for Frankfurt Airport22.9.2017 16:02 | Pressemelding
Please replace the release with the following corrected version due to multiple revisions to the headline, subhead and body of the release. The corrected release reads: SMITHS DETECTION WINS BIGGEST EVER SINGLE ORDER FOR NEXT-GENERATION HOLD BAGGAGE SCANNER FOR FRANKFURT AIRPORT Advanced HI-SCAN 10080 XCT hold baggage scanners offer flexible, sophisticated detection capabilities Smiths Detection has won its largest single order ever for its advanced HI-SCAN 10080 XCT hold baggage scanners, with an associated eight-year service agreement. The contract covers 35 of our HI-SCAN 10080 XCT next-generation scanners to support the upgrade to the ECAC Standard 3 explosives detection systems. The solution will deliver increased security and operational efficiency, and can easily be upgraded to mee
California Sports Surfaces’ Rebound Ace Portable Court to be Used at Inaugural Laver Cup22.9.2017 14:37 | Pressemelding
California Sports Surfaces (CSS), a brand under ICP Construction (ICP), is pleased to announce its innovative Rebound Ace Portable sport surfacing system is being used in the inaugural Laver Cup in Prague, Czech Republic, Sept. 22-24, 2017. CSS’s Rebound Ace system was selected to provide comfort, consistency and playability to the Laver Cup participants, who represent the best tennis players in the world. For this event, organizers worked with California Sports Surfaces to create a stunning black surface that would keep spectators focused on the game play. Rebound Ace Portable is an interlocking, temporary court system that provides premium cushion and comfort to maximize players’ performance. It has been chosen for use for several high-profile events, including the Fed Cup, Davis Cup, and the Singapore-based WTA Finals, for which it was specifically created. Laver Cup is modeled afte
Mobile RPG ‘King’s Raid’ Set to Launch in European Markets22.9.2017 11:00 | Pressemelding
Mobile RPG “King’s Raid” which was launched in February in Korea, North America and SEA, is officially launching in European Markets (Google Play and Apple App Store) this month. This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170922005006/en/ Mobile RPG King’s Raid is officially launching in European Markets (Google Play and Apple App Store). It is a Character Collection mobile RPG game full of charming characters and high-end graphics. It includes real-time PvP and large scale Raid content. King’s Raid was launched in February in Korea, North America, and SEA. King’s Raid developed by Vespa Interactive went viral and became a hot Mobile RPG even with limited marketing and lack of brand recognition. As it slowly made the charts in Popularity and Grossing Sales in both markets, it succeeded in reaching the Top 5 in both major App markets in Korea within a month
IBC2017 Reports Record Visitor Numbers in Its 50th Year22.9.2017 09:32 | Pressemelding
In its 50th anniversary, IBC2017 has confirmed a year-on-year increase in visitor numbers, marking a record attendance of 57,669 across the six day event. Visitors from across the expanding media ecosystem had the opportunity to learn about the opportunities offered by technologies - including social media TV, OTT, VR, AR, Cloud, IP, Bots and 5G - and to meet the most intelligent robots. Visitors to the 15 exhibition halls witnessed many exciting new launches; Launch Pad grew year-on-year with a record number of exhibitors; the Future Reality Theatre and Content Everywhere Hub free programmes were packed with diverse and new exciting content, embracing the transformation. Conference delegates packed the Forum to hear from leading experts from Facebook, Google, CNN, HTC Viveport, Dolby, C4 and ITV to discuss and debate the hot topics challenging the industry with a focus on m
The Listing of Money Trade Coin on Cryptocurrency Exchange and the Rising Promise of a New Era in Dubai21.9.2017 17:45 | Pressemelding
MONEY TRADE COIN, the new age cryptocurrency, dazzled its investors’ expectations by listing on NovaExchange. Immediate trading began post the launch by Money Trade Coin’s founder and CEO, Mr. Amit Lakhanpal and H.E. Sheikh Saqer Al Nahyan. The listing event held on September 17 at Burj Al Arab was witnessed by a list of 40 VIP businessmen including H.E. Sheikh Jumaa Al Maktoum, Mr. Faisal Almaazmi, his principal advisor and director of Greenland Capital Properties, Mr. Charles Said Kiwan founder of MVP Tech and Mr. Khaled Abdulla, Head of Communications MENA at Barclays PLC. This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170921006013/en/ Amit Lakhanpal greets H.E. Sheikh Saqer Al Nahyan (Photo: AETOS Wire) Money Trade Coin, the propagator of the “Cryptocurrency correct knowledge” l
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom