The Reasons Why Milan is the Best Choice for the European Medicines Agency
“With one of Europe’s best research and business environment, excellent links with Europe and the world, a vibrant and globally renowned lifestyle, as well as superb conditions for a smooth and effective relocation, Milan is ready to host the European Medicines Agency (EMA)” stated Prof. Silvio Garattini, eminent scientist and Director of the Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research in Milan, an authoritative foundation dedicated to world-class clinical and biomedical research.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170824005820/en/
View of the Pirelli Building in downtown Milan (Photo: Explora Tourism).
Seven reasons demonstrate why Milan represents the ideal setting to ensure the continuity of EMA's operations during the post-Brexit transition and offers the opportunity for a fulfilling personal and professional life:
1) A Smooth Relocation - The EMA will be hosted in a superbly located, ready-to-use state-owned building, the “Pirelli Building”. To foster retention, the EMA staff will be assisted in the transition by a newly established and fully dedicated Support Centre. Over 250 air connections per week with London will facilitate the transitional phase for staff needing to commute.
2) Europe at Your Fingertips - Three major airports (MPX, LIN, BGY) serve Milan with nearly 1,300 weekly flights to 27 EU capitals. A highly-developed rail and highway network connects the city to all other major Italian centres, to numerous globally renowned touristic destinations and to Italy’s neighboring countries.
3) The Best Hospitality - With nearly 100,000 beds and 17,400 restaurants and bars, Milan provides a wide range of accommodation and catering choices, very recently strengthened thanks to EXPO 2015. Located in the city center, the new EMA headquarters would have excellent access to a wide range of facilities.
4) Science and Innovation - A comprehensive network of international schools, eighteen universities and art academies will be available to those who relocate, together with an extensive network of public and private research institutions which create a vibrant environment for research and innovation. Italy has the second largest pharmaceutical industry in Europe in terms of production volumes, 60% of which are in Milan’s metropolitan area, and is the world’s largest exporter of medicines per capita.
5) EU Sinergy - The Joint Research Centre (JRC), the European Commission’s science and knowledge Directorate General, is based in Ispra, approximately 50km North of Milan, and the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) is based in Parma, 120km South-East of the city. This creates the potential for three EU science and research bodies to be based within 200km of each other, providing ample opportunities for an effective collaboration.
6) Italian Lifestyle - Quality of life in Milan is among the very best in the world, with abundant high-quality housing at competitive prices, a state-of-the-art health system, a thriving artistic and cultural environment, a unique food scene, and an efficient public transport system including car and bike sharing schemes. Everything is in reach: the beauty of the Italian coastline, the charm of Italy’s lakes and the wonders of the highest mountains in Europe.
7) Career Opportunities - Milan is a leader in financial and banking services, engineering, communication, manufacturing, energy, and basic and applied research. The city also plays an unrivalled role in the design and fashion industry. Nearly 3,600 multinational companies, with 280,000 employees and a yearly turnover of €167 billion, have chosen Milan as their base to manage their operations in Italy, Europe and globally.
Fondazione Milano per EXPO
The Foundation is a no-profit organization operating since 2008 which contributed to the success of EXPO 2015, both in the bidding phase and during the universal exposition in Milan (May 1st - October 31st, 2015). Created by Assolombarda (the Lombardy regional association of entrepreneurs), the Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce of Milan, Monza and Brianza and Lodi, and a group of entrepreneurs, the Foundation promotes international cooperation models featuring a high degree of social responsibility.
Press contact Fondazione Milano:
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Madison Realty Capital Provides $64.0 Million Construction Financing for 200 Kent Avenue Development in Williamsburg, Brooklyn17.11.2017 16:20 | Pressemelding
Madison Realty Capital (MRC) announced the closing of a $64.0 million construction loan for 200 Kent Avenue, a 117,326 square foot mixed-use development located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The retail portion of the property, which will include over 600 feet of frontage, will be anchored by a popular national grocery chain. Overall, the project will offer 50,101 square feet of retail space, 22,055 square feet of office and restaurant space, and 45,170 square feet of parking. “We continue to establish MRC as the one-stop shop for financing transitional real estate, including ground-up development deals like 200 Kent Avenue,” said Josh Zegen, Co-Founder and Managing Principal of MRC. “In this case, we’re working with a repeat MRC borrower who understands our ability to execute efficiently, given our firm’s up-to-the minute knowledge of local market conditions and non-bureaucratic approach to
Ncardia Announces Completion of €10.5M Investment Round17.11.2017 12:31 | Pressemelding
Ncardia, an emerging drug discovery and development stem cell technology company whose mission is to deliver cardiac and neural solutions based on its best-in-class human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived technology, today announced the completion of a €10.5 million series B financing round. The round was led by Épimède, a Belgium venture capital firm. Ncardia is a privately-held company with operations in Europe and the US, that produces and commercializes high-quality, fully-functional human iPSC-derived cardiovascular and neuronal cell types. Using its cell products, Ncardia develops and commercializes assay services for drug safety and efficacy testing. Additionally the company has built up a strong portfolio of patents covering the use of stem cell models for these applications. Stefan Braam, CEO of Ncardia, commented: “At Ncardia, important progress h
Double Win for Vocalink at the 2017 Payments Awards17.11.2017 09:35 | Pressemelding
Vocalink, a Mastercard company, was last night awarded with two prestigious awards - The Overall Winner and the Payments Infrastructure of the Year Award, for its leading technology and expertise, and in recognition for a milestone year that saw Vocalink’s solutions transform the way people and businesses move money across the globe. 2017 saw Vocalink deliver ground-breaking immediate payments solutions both in the US and Thailand as well as enabling access to the UK payments industry through their payments gateway solution PayPort. The business also saw the launch of the new image based cheque clearing system, creating a robust and more efficient system in the UK. RTP ® in the US: This week, Vocalink announced the launch of RTP® (Real-Time Payments) in the US on behalf of The Clearing House; one of the most comprehensive real-tim
Envion AG: Start-up from the Heart of Berlin Has Pioneered Decentralized Mobile Mining by Combining Blockchain with Regenerative Energy17.11.2017 09:00 | Pressemelding
Envion AG has created a technology for the first truly mobile data-center that uses low-priced local energy to mine a broad spectrum of cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.). By harvesting locally available clean energy right at the source, envion can operate at lower costs than competitors and at the same time reduces the CO2 footprint of the blockchain industry. Envion aims at decentralizing the highly-concentrated mining market (China holds 80% in Bitcoin mining) and at bringing control of the market back to the users. That’s why envion gives 100% of its mining profits back to its community. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171117005011/en/ Envion - World's Most Profitable Standard of Self-Expanding Crypto Infrastructure (Photo: Business Wire) Current challenges in the energy
Chugai's HEMLIBRA® Receives the World's First Regulatory Approval from FDA for Hemophilia A with Inhibitors16.11.2017 23:30 | Pressemelding
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (TOKYO:4519) announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the bispecific antibody emicizumab (US product name: HEMLIBRA®) for routine prophylaxis to prevent or reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes in adult and pediatric patients with hemophilia A (congenital factor VIII deficiency) with factor VIII inhibitors. This represents the first regulatory approval for HEMLIBRA® around the world. The US Biologics License Application (BLA) was submitted by Genentech, a member of Roche Group. “We are pleased that HEMLIBRA, a biopharmaceutical created by Chugai scientists based on their exceptional idea, has received its first regulatory approval,” said Chugai’s President & COO, Tatsuro Kosaka. “HEMLIBRA is a first in class biopharmaceutical which is an advancement on the current limited treatment options available for pat
Pacific Drilling Receives Approval of First Day Motions16.11.2017 22:08 | Pressemelding
Pacific Drilling S.A. (OTCPink: PACDQ) (“Pacific Drilling” or the “Company”) today announced that the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York has granted the relief requested by the Company in certain first day motions related to ordinary course business activities, subject to certain modifications at the request of the Court, the United States Trustee and stakeholders. The approved motions give us the authority to, among other things, continue to pay employee wages and benefits without interruption, to utilize our current cash management system, and to pay certain foreign and critical vendors for goods and services provided prior to the petition date. All vendors will be paid in full and in cash on normal payment terms for all goods and services provided on or after the petition date. Paul Reese, Chief Executive Officer of Pacific Drilling, said, “With the
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom