Tech Industry Innovators Come Together at CES Asia 2017
The third annual CES Asia 2017 kicks off tomorrow in Shanghai, China, with leading technology powerhouses and innovative startups showcasing how their products are changing the world for the better. With more than 450 exhibitors from 22 countries, regions and territories, CES Asia is the only show in the Asian market that showcases the full spectrum of technology across 19 product categories. CES Asia is a carefully curated event focused on featuring the most innovative and exciting technology the industry has to offer, providing an unparalleled platform for companies looking to enter the Asian market. Owned and produced by Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™ and co-produced by Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd. (Shanghai Intex), CES Asia 2017 will take place June 7-9 in Shanghai, China.
Here are a few things not to be missed at CES Asia 2017:
New and Expanded Show Floor
- Five halls of exhibit space, an increase from four in 2016
- Leading brands like BYD, Hyundai, NEVS and Honda showcasing latest in vehicle technology
- Expanded firsthand self-driving experience from BMW, Continental and Baidu’s Intelligent Driving Group
- Startup Park featuring over 75 startups from 10 countries, regions and territories around the world led by major tech hubs, including Zhanghiang Hi-Tech Park (ZJ Park), La French Tech, KNU Start-up & Entrepreneurship Foundation, Holland Innovation Network Shenzhen Valley Ventures, and Tuoniao
- Startup Stage (SNIEC, Hall N4), a new dedicated stage showcasing a flash pitch competition by Johnson & Johnson Innovation and presentations from startup group organizers
- Brand new CES Asia Innovation Awards featuring the top tech products across all 19 categories
Brand New Product Categories
- Augmented/Virtual Reality, led by industry giants Carl Zeiss and DreamWorld USA
- Drones, featuring top exhibitors such as Digital China Group, Mota Group and YUNEEC
- Internet of Things (IoT), including market leaders Garmin, Haier, igloohome, JD.com and Tencent
Dynamic Conference Programming Highlighting Top Industry Experts
- Huawei Opening Keynote Address, featuring Mr. Wan Biao, COO, will present Huawei’s strategic vision and industry outlook for how to build a better intelligent terminal ecosystem (Wednesday, June 7, 9:30 – 11 AM, Kerry, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- Microsoft Keynote Address, featuring VPs Peter Han and Rodney Clark, will lay out Microsoft’s vision for “building the possible” (Wednesday, June 7, 4-5 PM, Kerry Hotel, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- Baidu Keynote Address, featuring Mr. Gu Weihao, GM of Baidu Intelligent Vehicle Division, will discuss Baidu’s “Apollo Plan” where Baidu will provide an open, complete and reliable software platform for the automotive and autonomous driving industry (Thursday, June 8, 9:30-10:30 AM, Kerry, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- JD.com Keynote Address, featuring Zhang Chen, CTO, and Dr. Li Kefeng, VP, will be a discussion on how JD.com is leveraging artificial intelligence, smart devices, augmented/virtual reality and big data to make e-commerce smarter and more interconnected (Thursday, June 8, 4-5 PM, Kerry, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- Entertainment Keynote: Featuring Le Vision Pictures, with Zhang Zhao, chairman and CEO, Le Vision Pictures, and Adam Goodman, president, Le Vision Entertainment who will share their experiences, insights and strategies around the business of film and media (Thursday, June 8, 1:30-2:15 PM, Kerry, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- Sports Business Innovation: Tech Disruption in Sports, featuring executives from all facets of the sports industry, including NBA China’s CEO David Shoemaker (Wednesday, June 7, 11:15 AM – 12 PM, Kerry, Level 3, Pudong 5-6)
- Last Gadget Standing Competition presenting a chance to see the most cutting edge products in action, live on the N5 stage, and in a special paparazzi immersion experience (Wednesday, June 7, 11-12 PM, SNIEC, Hall N5, N5 Stage)
- Robots on the Runway , a one-of-a-kind event featuring cutting edge robotics walking the runway (Wednesday, June 7, 2-3 PM, and Thursday, June 8,10-11 AM SNIEC, Hall N5, N5 Stage)
About CES Asia:
Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM and co-produced by Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd (Shanghai Intex), CES Asia is the premier event for the consumer technology industry, showcasing the full breadth and depth of the innovation value-chain in the Asian marketplace. Key global businesses come to this new event to grow and reinforce their brand by showcasing the latest products and technologies to consumer tech industry executives, foreign buyers, international media and a limited number of consumers from China. Attendees have exclusive access to some of the largest brands from China and around the world, while celebrating the innovation that defines the consumer technology sector.
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is the trade association representing the $292 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 15 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
About Shanghai Intex:
Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd was originally the exhibition organizing business of Shanghai Intex, a pioneering exhibition organizer established in 1995. Shanghai Intex is jointly overseen by the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) Shanghai and PNO Exhibition Investment (Dubai) Limited. Starting in 1998, Shanghai Intex has organized over 100 trade shows and conferences with a sum total exhibition space in excess of 2 million sqm. Shanghai Intex is comprised of professional teams with a wealth of experience in organizing major international events, covering the creative industry, healthcare, lifestyle, advanced manufacturing and consumer electronics.
CES Asia 2017 –
June 7-9, Shanghai, China
June 21-24, Amalfi Coast, Italy
Innovate! and Celebrate
October 9-11, San Francisco, CA
CES Unveiled Amsterdam
October 26, Amsterdam, Netherlands
January 9-12, Las Vegas, NV
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Smiths Detection Technology Chosen for Standard 3 Upgrade at Helsinki Airport18.7.2018 09:05 | Pressemelding
Smiths Detection has been selected by Finnish airport operator, Finavia Corporation, to support the transition to Standard 3 at Helsinki Airport with approved hold baggage screening systems. Included in the contract are eight high-speed, HI-SCAN 10080 XCT scanners, which combine high resolution X-ray technology, computed tomography (CT) and advanced detection algorithms to increase both security and operational efficiency significantly. Security, speed and efficiency are critical to the extensive development programme underway at the airport, which will allow the airport to serve 30 million passengers annually and increase baggage handling capacity by 50%. “Any financial investment in upgrading security equipment has to be balanced against operational improvement, particularly when part of a major expansion. Airports need assurance that efficiencies will be gained and systems can be further updated as necessary to detect evolving explosive threats and handle ever higher volumes,” comme
Norsk Titanium Continues to Grow in the State of New York18.7.2018 07:00 | Pressemelding
Norsk Titanium (Norsk), the world’s first FAA-approved supplier of aerospace-grade, additive manufactured, structural titanium components, announced another major milestone in qualified production. Norsk’s Plattsburgh Development and Qualification Center (PDQC) site was officially added to the Spirit AeroSystems Approved Suppliers List (ASL) in anticipation of the start of qualified production later this year. Partnered with the recent announcements of PDQC being added to the Boeing’s Qualified Producer’s List (QPL) list and its certification under AS9100D, this new qualification is key to furthering the availability of Norsk’s disruptive technology in the aerospace market. Spirit AeroSystems is the world’s largest independent aerostructures manufacturer. “These significant achievements have been made possible by the foresight and commitment made to Norsk by the State of New York and Empire State Development. We are extremely proud of our PDQC quality and operations teams and appreciat
The Best User Interface in Mobile and Web Tracking Just got Better18.7.2018 06:00 | Pressemelding
ThriveTracker, a leading web and mobile tracker for media buyers and performance marketers, today announced the general availability of its latest release featuring an all-new user interface (UI). Inspired by feedback from customers and partners, ThriveTracker designed the new UI to accelerate user adoption, improve usability and increase productivity. ThriveTracker focused on the user experience for all users regardless of device, (Desktop, Mobile, etc.), making it more intuitive and accessible. Improved navigation provides simplified access to frequently used functions in the platform, increases customer awareness of more advanced functionality and delivers fast access to detailed content when necessary. Cleaner, simpler, modern UI Clear, consistent navigation focuses your attention on where you are and what you can do Improved layout delivers common functions intuitively Simplified views provide faster access to relevant content Mobile Friendly Mobile responsive based on device New
EUSA Pharma Announces Acquisition of Global Rights to SYLVANT® (siltuximab) from Janssen Sciences Ireland UC for $115 Million18.7.2018 06:00 | Pressemelding
EUSA Pharma (EUSA), a biopharmaceutical company focused on oncology and rare disease, announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Janssen Sciences Ireland UC, a subsidiary of Janssen R&D Ireland (Janssen) to acquire the global rights to SYLVANT® (siltuximab) for $115 million in cash. The transaction is subject to review under the United States Hart–Scott–Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended, and the parties expect to close following completion of this regulatory review period and the mutual satisfaction of other remaining closing conditions. SYLVANT® is approved in more than 40 countries worldwide, including the United States, the European Union, the Republic of Korea and Canada, for the treatment of idiopathic multicentric Castleman’s disease (iMCD), a rare, life threatening and debilitating orphan condition. Idiopathic MCD is an inflammatory lymphoproliferative disorder, which causes the abnormal overgrowth of immune cells and shares many sym
JPMorgan Chase Bank announces the placement of cash-settled exchangeable bonds into Ping An Insurance (Group) Company of China Limited due 202017.7.2018 19:40 | Pressemelding
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION IN OR INTO THE UNITED STATES OR TO, OR FOR THE ACCOUNT OR BENEFIT OF, U.S. PERSONS (AS DEFINED IN REGULATION S UNDER THE U.S. SECURITIES ACT OF 1933) OR IN OR INTO JAPAN, THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA, SWITZERLAND OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION IN WHICH SUCH DISTRIBUTION WOULD BE PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (the “Issuer”) today announces the placement of cash-settled exchangeable bonds due 2020 (the “Bonds”) in aggregate principal amount of USD 350 million. The Bonds are referable to H-shares (the “Shares”) of Ping An Insurance (Group) Company of China Limited (the “Company”). Exchange rights in respect of the Bonds will be cash-settled only. The Bonds will be issued in principal amounts of USD 200,000 and integral multiples of USD 100,000 in excess thereof and will not bear interest. The Bonds will be issued with an issue price of 100% and will redeem at par on 30 December 2020. The initial exchange price (the “Initial Exchange Price”) will
Boston Capital Announces Closing of Boston Capital Income & Value U.S. Apartment Fund17.7.2018 14:00 | Pressemelding
Boston Capital, the third largest owner of apartments in the U.S. with over $19.6 billion invested, is pleased to announce the final investor closing of Boston Capital Income and Value U.S. Apartment Fund (“BCIV”). BCIV, a discretionary multi-investor Luxembourg based fund vehicle, includes financial institutions, insurance companies, pensions, and family offices among its investors and will acquire over $350 million in apartment properties throughout the U.S. “We are very pleased to close BCIV, the latest in a succession of institutional investment vehicles through Boston Capital’s conventional apartment investment arm, Boston Capital Real Estate Partners (“BCRE”),” said Jeff Goldstein, COO and Director of Real Estate at Boston Capital. The Fund generates high current dividends and capital growth by acquiring and renovating Class B apartment properties located in major and secondary U.S. markets and by targeting a renovated rental price point well below new construction rates, which a