Tech Industry Innovators Come Together at CES Asia 2017
The third annual CES Asia 2017 kicks off tomorrow in Shanghai, China, with leading technology powerhouses and innovative startups showcasing how their products are changing the world for the better. With more than 450 exhibitors from 22 countries, regions and territories, CES Asia is the only show in the Asian market that showcases the full spectrum of technology across 19 product categories. CES Asia is a carefully curated event focused on featuring the most innovative and exciting technology the industry has to offer, providing an unparalleled platform for companies looking to enter the Asian market. Owned and produced by Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™ and co-produced by Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd. (Shanghai Intex), CES Asia 2017 will take place June 7-9 in Shanghai, China.
Here are a few things not to be missed at CES Asia 2017:
New and Expanded Show Floor
- Five halls of exhibit space, an increase from four in 2016
- Leading brands like BYD, Hyundai, NEVS and Honda showcasing latest in vehicle technology
- Expanded firsthand self-driving experience from BMW, Continental and Baidu’s Intelligent Driving Group
- Startup Park featuring over 75 startups from 10 countries, regions and territories around the world led by major tech hubs, including Zhanghiang Hi-Tech Park (ZJ Park), La French Tech, KNU Start-up & Entrepreneurship Foundation, Holland Innovation Network Shenzhen Valley Ventures, and Tuoniao
- Startup Stage (SNIEC, Hall N4), a new dedicated stage showcasing a flash pitch competition by Johnson & Johnson Innovation and presentations from startup group organizers
- Brand new CES Asia Innovation Awards featuring the top tech products across all 19 categories
Brand New Product Categories
- Augmented/Virtual Reality, led by industry giants Carl Zeiss and DreamWorld USA
- Drones, featuring top exhibitors such as Digital China Group, Mota Group and YUNEEC
- Internet of Things (IoT), including market leaders Garmin, Haier, igloohome, JD.com and Tencent
Dynamic Conference Programming Highlighting Top Industry Experts
- Huawei Opening Keynote Address, featuring Mr. Wan Biao, COO, will present Huawei’s strategic vision and industry outlook for how to build a better intelligent terminal ecosystem (Wednesday, June 7, 9:30 – 11 AM, Kerry, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- Microsoft Keynote Address, featuring VPs Peter Han and Rodney Clark, will lay out Microsoft’s vision for “building the possible” (Wednesday, June 7, 4-5 PM, Kerry Hotel, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- Baidu Keynote Address, featuring Mr. Gu Weihao, GM of Baidu Intelligent Vehicle Division, will discuss Baidu’s “Apollo Plan” where Baidu will provide an open, complete and reliable software platform for the automotive and autonomous driving industry (Thursday, June 8, 9:30-10:30 AM, Kerry, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- JD.com Keynote Address, featuring Zhang Chen, CTO, and Dr. Li Kefeng, VP, will be a discussion on how JD.com is leveraging artificial intelligence, smart devices, augmented/virtual reality and big data to make e-commerce smarter and more interconnected (Thursday, June 8, 4-5 PM, Kerry, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- Entertainment Keynote: Featuring Le Vision Pictures, with Zhang Zhao, chairman and CEO, Le Vision Pictures, and Adam Goodman, president, Le Vision Entertainment who will share their experiences, insights and strategies around the business of film and media (Thursday, June 8, 1:30-2:15 PM, Kerry, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- Sports Business Innovation: Tech Disruption in Sports, featuring executives from all facets of the sports industry, including NBA China’s CEO David Shoemaker (Wednesday, June 7, 11:15 AM – 12 PM, Kerry, Level 3, Pudong 5-6)
- Last Gadget Standing Competition presenting a chance to see the most cutting edge products in action, live on the N5 stage, and in a special paparazzi immersion experience (Wednesday, June 7, 11-12 PM, SNIEC, Hall N5, N5 Stage)
- Robots on the Runway , a one-of-a-kind event featuring cutting edge robotics walking the runway (Wednesday, June 7, 2-3 PM, and Thursday, June 8,10-11 AM SNIEC, Hall N5, N5 Stage)
About CES Asia:
Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM and co-produced by Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd (Shanghai Intex), CES Asia is the premier event for the consumer technology industry, showcasing the full breadth and depth of the innovation value-chain in the Asian marketplace. Key global businesses come to this new event to grow and reinforce their brand by showcasing the latest products and technologies to consumer tech industry executives, foreign buyers, international media and a limited number of consumers from China. Attendees have exclusive access to some of the largest brands from China and around the world, while celebrating the innovation that defines the consumer technology sector.
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is the trade association representing the $292 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 15 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
About Shanghai Intex:
Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd was originally the exhibition organizing business of Shanghai Intex, a pioneering exhibition organizer established in 1995. Shanghai Intex is jointly overseen by the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) Shanghai and PNO Exhibition Investment (Dubai) Limited. Starting in 1998, Shanghai Intex has organized over 100 trade shows and conferences with a sum total exhibition space in excess of 2 million sqm. Shanghai Intex is comprised of professional teams with a wealth of experience in organizing major international events, covering the creative industry, healthcare, lifestyle, advanced manufacturing and consumer electronics.
CES Asia 2017 –
June 7-9, Shanghai, China
June 21-24, Amalfi Coast, Italy
Innovate! and Celebrate
October 9-11, San Francisco, CA
CES Unveiled Amsterdam
October 26, Amsterdam, Netherlands
January 9-12, Las Vegas, NV
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
IDEMIA and Octo Telematics Reinvent Car Sharing Experience by Adding Facial Recognition to EasyOpen Solution23.2.2018 15:57 | Pressemelding
IDEMIA, the global leader in Augmented Identity for an increasingly digital world, announces today that it has implemented facial recognition technology on EasyOpen, a solution previously developed with its partner Omoove, a wholly-owned Octo Telematics company, Europe’s leading Shared Mobility technology provider. The digital enrolment process combined with facial recognition technology will securely enroll and authenticate the driver before EasyOpen automatically opens the car. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180223005506/en/ (Photo: Idemia) You will never rent a car the same way thanks to EasyOpen solution that combines IDEMIA’s expertise in secure service enablement and Omoove’s experience in Shared Mobility platforms and on-board technology. The first version of the solution was launched last year and allows drivers, who have already registered on the application, to use their smartphones as a key to open
SM-Optics Unveils First FLEXSET Chip, Paving the Way to Optical Micro Nodes23.2.2018 14:00 | Pressemelding
SM-Optics launches FLEXSET, a single chip embedding multiple processing functionalities raising the bar for performances, density and architectural flexibility. The FLEXSET is the heart of the Lightmode product family. FLEXSET OTN switching matrix scales from 300Gbps to 1Tbps and can be addressed by ports spanning from traditional low-speed services like 2Mbps over micro-OTN, to layer2 and layer3 over ODUFlex, 100G over ODU4 and 200G over FlexO. Thanks to its embedded capabilities including multi-technology OAM, packet processing, synchronization and fast protection functions, FLEXSET operates by design at the lowest latency performances and features an Intel Stratix 10 FPGA. Following the launch of micro-OTN, a revolutionary approach to efficiently extend OTN protocol to low speed services, the launch of FLEXSET advances the vision of a highly interconnected metro network and of micro nodes. Revolving around functional block elements, micro nodes collapse in few rack units OTN and pho
Bitcoin Miner HashGains’ Crowdsale to Build Green Cloud Mining Data Centers Receives Excellent Response23.2.2018 13:56 | Pressemelding
HashGains.com, a leading cryptocurrency mining platform, has launched its crowdsale program to build mega cryptocurrency cloud mining data centers in India and Canada which uses renewable energy like wind and solar as source of energy. “With the growing worries around bitcoin mining causing environmental damage, difficulty levels of mining increasing and returns heading southwards, there was no better opportunity but to build green energy data centers which run on free sources of energy like wind and solar, ensuring handsome mining rewards while taking care of environment,” said Mr Anuj Bairathi, CEO & Founder, HashGains, who is crypto enthusiast himself. HashGains is a growing cloud mining platform with more than 10,000 active customers enjoying mining returns and is expected to reach the mark of 1 million customers by 2020. To handle such a massive growth and ever growing demand of customers, it becomes even more important that mega mining centers are planned which can serve needs of
Stratecast Recognizes CARDINALITY as a “10 to Watch in 2018”23.2.2018 13:07 | Pressemelding
In their new report, “Digital Transformation Means New Tools for New Business” —part of the Global Operations, Orchestration, Data Analytics, and Monetisation (ODAM) stream—Stratecast recognises CARDINALITY for their new approach towards processing big data to deliver applications such as Customer Experience, Operational Intelligence, Network Analytics, Churn Management and Marketing Intelligence. Stratecast identified that the CARDINALITY Perception Platform brings large amounts of data from multiple CSP sources together in order to address a growing group of data analysis needs from different operational work teams and the wider business. It also does this at ingestion rates and storage levels previously thought not practical. "Using design principals tied to microservices and containerized solution components, the platform is a major advancement in meeting CSP data analysis needs at a price untouchable by previously-defined platforms," said Karl Whitelock, Stratecast director of glo
IBC2018 Welcomes Channel 4’s Keith Underwood as Guest Chair of Content Steering Group23.2.2018 11:03 | Pressemelding
IBC is thrilled to announce that Keith Underwood, Director of Strategy and Technology at Channel 4, has accepted the role of Guest Chair of the Conference for IBC2018. The position involves acting as the figurehead and brand ambassador for IBC, setting the vision for the programme and increasing awareness and engagement with IBC across both traditional and converging media markets. Keith is the Channel 4 Executive Committee member responsible for strategy and corporate development, broadcast operations, content management, corporate systems and the development of Channel 4’s digital products. His achievements at the public broadcaster include the launch of All 4, Channel 4’s award-winning video on demand service that replaced 4oD in 2015. “The media industry is experiencing profound shifts in consumer behaviour, competitive dynamics, and technological innovation.” Keith Underwood said. “Relentless disruption of established business models presents new opportunities and challenges for p
SES S.A.: Full Year and Fourth Quarter 2017 Results23.2.2018 07:00 | Pressemelding
SES S.A. announced financial results for the year and three months ended 31 December 2017. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180222006522/en/ Full Year and Fourth Quarter 2017 Results (Photo: Business Wire) Key financial highlights Reported revenue EUR 2,035.0 million, down 1.6% (-5.2% like-for-like(1)); SES Video -3.6%(1) and SES Networks -1.9%(1) EBITDA margin 65.1% (2016: 70.2% as reported and 66.7% like-for-like(1)) Net profit of EUR 596.1 million (2016: EUR 962.7 million including EUR 495.2 million gain related to O3b consolidation) Board is proposing 2017 dividend per A share of EUR 0.80 (2016: EUR 1.34) Change (%) Change (%) EUR million FY 2017 FY 2016 Reported Like-for-like (1) Q4 2017 Q4 2016 Reported Like-for-like (1) Revenue 2,035.0 2,068.8 -1.6% -5.2% 507.8 578.7 -12.2% -8.7% EBITDA 1,324.2 1,451.5 -8.8% -7.6% 329.6 390.6 -15.6% -12.2% EBITDA margin 65.1% 66.7%(1) 64.9% 67.6%(1) Operating profit (2) 6