Takeda to Highlight New Research into the Long-term Complications of Chronic Hypoparathyroidism at the European Congress of Endocrinology 2019 Annual Meeting
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TSE:4502/NYSE:TAK) (“Takeda”) today announced that it will feature 7 presentations, including one oral presentation, at the upcoming European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE) Annual Meeting from May 18-21, 2019 in Lyon, France. The data presentations include findings from new research into the long-term risks of cardiovascular, renal and infection complications that patients with chronic hypoparathyroidism may experience as well as the latest findings from on-going real world and clinical studies, including the Global Burden of Illness Survey and the 6-year RACE study.
Takeda will also sponsor two satellite symposia. The first will focus on the burden of illness in chronic hypoparathyroidism patients with impaired biochemical control and comorbidities associated with the disease (Forum 1 on May 19, 13.45–14.45). The second symposium will present new perspectives in managing not adequately controlled hypoparathyroidism patients (Forum 3 on May 20, 13.45–14.35). Takeda will also have an exhibition booth throughout the congress (Booth #B02).
“The new research we are presenting at ECE 2019 continues to further our understanding of chronic hypoparathyroidism, especially about how long-term complications and symptoms may impact patients living with this rare disease,” explained John Germak M.D., Global Medical Team Lead at Takeda. “The clinical and real-world studies reflect our commitment to advancing our knowledge of chronic hypoparathyroidism and to improving patient care,” he added.
Hypoparathyroidism is a rare endocrine disease that occurs when inadequate levels of parathyroid hormone (PTH) are secreted by the parathyroid glands, resulting in a mineral imbalance in the body expressed by a low concentration of calcium (hypocalcemia) and a high concentration of phosphate (hyperphosphatemia) in the blood.1 Studies have shown that a range of approximately 24–37 in 100,000 patients are affected by hypoparathyroidism.2 In patients who are not adequately controlled, this disease can have a significant impact on patient well-being through a range of physical, cognitive and emotional symptoms, and comorbidities.3,4
Takeda’s presence at this year’s ECE meeting includes the following presentations, which are intended for scientific discussion only:
- Risk of sepsis, respiratory infections, and kidney or other genitourinary (GU) infections in patients with chronic hypoparathyroidism (HypoPT)4 OC1.4, May 19, 2019, Salle Gratte-Ciel 1+2+3, 12.00 – 13.00
- Risk of myocardial infarction, stroke and other cardiovascular conditions in patients with chronic hypoparathyroidism: A retrospective cohort5 GP148, May 20, 2019, Exhibition area, 13.00 – 14.00
- Risk of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and CKD progression in patients with chronic hypoparathyroidism (HypoPT)6 GP149, May 20, 2019, Exhibition area, 13.00 – 14.00
- Risk of nephrolithiasis and nephrocalcinosis in patients with chronic hypoparathyroidism (HypoPT)7 GP147, May 20, 2019, Exhibition area, 13.00 – 14.00
- Impact of chronic hypoparathyroidism on Health-Related Quality of Life: Findings from a 13-country patient survey8 GP25, May 19, 2019, Exhibition area, 13.00 – 14.00
- Risk of Type 2 diabetes (T2D) in patients with chronic hypoparathyroidism. (HypoPT)9 P1038, May 21, 2019, Exhibition area, 12.30 – 14.30
- Recombinant human parathyroid hormone 1-84 for the treatment of adults with chronic hypoparathyroidism: Six-year safety and efficacy results of the RACE study10 GP15, May 19, 2019, Exhibition area, 13.00 – 14.00
All abstracts will be available on the ECE website following the meeting.
Chronic hypoparathyroidism is diagnosed in patients with a low concentration of calcium in the blood and inappropriately low PTH levels; for postsurgical hypoparathyroidism, the features of hypoparathyroidism must persist for at least 6 months after surgery to be considered chronic.11,12
About NATPAR ®▼ (parathyroid hormone) for Injection in Europe
In Europe, the recombinant human parathyroid hormone 1-84 for treatment of adults with chronic HypoPT is approved under the tradename NATPAR®. NATPAR is indicated as adjunctive treatment of adult patients with chronic hypoparathyroidism who cannot be adequately controlled with standard therapy alone.13 Takeda is authorised to market NATPAR in the 28 Member States of the European Union, as well as in Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. NATPAR is currently commercially available in Germany, Greece, Austria, Denmark and Norway.
Click here for the full European Product Information: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/product-information/natpar-epar-product-information_en.pdf
For US Full Prescribing Information, including approved indication and important safety information, please visit: http://www.shirecontent.com/PI/PDFs/Natpara_USA_ENG.pdf
About Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited ( TSE:4502/NYSE:TAK ) is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter Future to patients by translating science into highly-innovative medicines. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Gastroenterology (GI), Neuroscience, and Rare Diseases. We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people's lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com
1) Shoback D, Bilezikian JP, Costa AG, et al. Presentation of Hypoparathyroidism: Etiologies and Clinical Features. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016;101(6):2300–12.
2) Abate EG and Clarke BL. Review of Hypoparathyroidism. Front. Endocrinol. 2016;7:172.
3) Hadker N, Egan J, Sanders J, et al. Understanding the burden of illness associated with hypoparathyroidism reported among patients in the PARADOX study. Endocr Pract. 2014;20(7):671–9.
4) Chen K, Kaul S, Curhan G, et al. Risk of sepsis, respiratory infections, and kidney or other genitourinary (GU) infections in patients with chronic hypoparathyroidism (HypoPT) Oral presentation [OC1.4].
5) Chen K, Kaul S, Curhan G, et al. Risk of Myocardial Infarction (MI), Stroke, and Other Cardiovascular (CV) Conditions in Patients with Chronic Hypoparathyroidism (HypoPT): A Retrospective Cohort Study.
6) Chen K, Gosmanova EO, Curhan G, et al. Risk of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and CKD progression in patients with chronic hypoparathyroidism (HypoPT).
7) Chen K, Curhan G, Gosmanova EO, et al. Risk of Nephrolithiasis and Nephrocalcinosis in Patients with Chronic Hypoparathyroidism (HypoPT): A Retrospective Cohort Study
8) Bollerslev J, Ennakhil NB, Chen K, et al. Impact of chronic hypoparathyroidism on Health-Related Quality of Life: Findings from a 13-country patient survey.
9) Chen K, Gosmanova EO, Curhan G, et al. Risk of Type 2 diabetes (T2D) in patients with chronic hypoparathyroidism. (HypoPT).
10) Bilezikian JP, Bone H, Clarke BL, et al. Recombinant human parathyroid hormone 1-84 for the treatment of adults with chronic hypoparathyroidism: Six-year safety and efficacy results of the RACE study.
11) Brandi ML, Bilezikian JP, Shoback D, et al. Management of Hypoparathyroidism: Summary Statement and Guidelines. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016;101(6):2273–83.
12) Bollerslev J, Rejnmark L, Marcocci C, et al. European Society of Endocrinology Clinical Guideline: Treatment of chronic hypoparathyroidism in adults. Eur J Endocrinol. 2015;173:G1–G20.
13) Natpar® Summary of Product Characteristics.
Copyright © 2019 Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited. All rights reserved. Takeda and the Takeda Logo are trademarks of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, used under license.
+81 (0) 3-3278-2095
Media outside Japan
+41 79 630 8619
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Knopp Biosciences Presents Positive Preclinical Data for Lead Neonatal Epilepsy Drug Candidate at 2019 Antiepileptic Drug and Device Trials XV Conference24.5.2019 14:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Knopp Biosciences LLC, a privately held drug discovery and development company focused on delivering breakthrough treatments for inflammatory and neurological diseases of high unmet need, today presented in vitro and in vivo data for the company’s lead molecule for the targeted treatment of KCNQ2-neonatal epileptic encephalopathy (KCNQ2-NEE) at the Antiepileptic Drug and Device Trials XV Conference in Miami, Florida. KCNQ2-NEE, a rare infant genetic epilepsy, results from mutations in genes encoding the Kv7.2/Kv7.3 ion channel, leading to frequent seizures and profound developmental delay. The preclinical data were presented by Steven Dworetzky, Ph.D., Knopp’s Chief Scientific Officer, a longtime Kv7 researcher who led the group that first cloned the Kv7.2 and Kv7.3 genes during his former tenure with the Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. Dr. Dworetzky presented results demonstrating the in vitro nanomolar activity of KB-3061 and its significant seizure protection in the maximal electroshock mo
Accelerate Your Business in South Korea Through 2019 K-Startup Grand Challenge24.5.2019 10:20:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Entrepreneurs from across the globe should set their sights on participating in the 2019 K-Startup Grand Challenge. Supported by the Ministry of SMEs and Startups and National IT Industry Promotion Agency (NIPA) of South Korea, the initiative provides invaluable support and comprehensive resources to early age startups. Applications for the K-Startup Grand Challenge are currently being accepted through June 14, 2019. In order to advance in the program, teams must pass a regional audition. A judging panel of startup ecosystem experts and Korean accelerators will select 40 teams to participate in an enriching 3.5 month-long acceleration program in Korea. The selected teams will have exclusive access to free office space at the Startup Campus in Pangyo Techno Valley, one-on-one mentoring, information sessions, coaching on Korean and Asian business culture and the chance to attend insightful seminars on accounting regulations to tax laws, patents and more. Opportunities for networking with
New Investigational Clinical Data for Ipsen’s Oncology Products in 11 Solid Tumor Types to Be Presented at 2019 ASCO Annual Meeting24.5.2019 05:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Regulatory News: Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY) today announced that new data from clinical studies on investigational uses of cancer medicines cabozantinib (Cabometyx®), liposomal irinotecan (Onivyde®), and lanreotide autogel (Somatuline®, marketed as Somatuline Depot® in the United States) will be presented at the 2019 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting. The meeting takes place in Chicago, Illinois, U.S., 31 May–4 June 2019; data featuring Ipsen medicines includes: New data from the Phase 3 CELESTIAL trial on the association of adverse events with efficacy outcomes for cabozantinib in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma Overview of the Phase 3 COSMIC-312 trial of cabozantinib in combination with atezolizumab vs sorafenib in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma who have not received previous systemic anticancer therapy First Phase 2 data from the CaboGIST study (trial 1317) from the European Organization for Research and Treatment of
The Posiflex Group Showcases an Ecosystem of Connected Solution Endpoints with IoT Remote Monitoring at Computex 201924.5.2019 01:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
For the Computex 2019 show, The Posiflex Group is featuring leading solution technology from the family of brands as a fully Serviced IoT Ecosystem. Solution end points include: Connected Modular Kiosks, POS Terminals, and Digital Signage solutions from Posiflex and KIOSK Information Systems Smart Medical Displays with gesture controls from Portwell Connected Gaming Solutions with Player Tracking Technology from Portwell subsidiary, Ganlot The booth display is based on common field service endpoints represented in a European Manor Destination Resort setting. Field solutions for an array of vertical market applications include QSR ordering, cinema ticketing, fashion retail customer loyalty, interactive signage, hotel / medical center check-in and bill pay, as well as casino gaming technology. This year, in addition to their renowned POS product suite, Posiflex will be featuring newly introduced Modular Kiosk platforms (co-designed by KIOSK and Posiflex), which are configure-to-order sta
Audi China President Thomas Owsianski to Keynote at CES Asia 201923.5.2019 20:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM today announced that Thomas Owsianski, president of Audi China, will deliver a keynote address at the upcoming CES Asia 2019. Now in its fifth year, CES Asia will run June 11-13, 2019 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC) in Shanghai, China. Thomas Owsianski’s keynote is scheduled for 4 PM, Tuesday, June 11, where he will unveil Audi’s vision in transforming mobility from a driving experience to a digital adventure. Mr. Owsianski joined the top management team of Audi China in August 2018 and was named President in October 2018. “Audi has been at the forefront of driving global transformation in the automotive industry through their breakthrough advancements in technology,” said Karen Chupka, executive vice president, CES. “Innovation has revolutionized the transportation experience, and we welcome Mr. Owsianski to the CES Asia stage to share Audi’s vision for the future of global mobility.” Throughout Asia and beyond, technol
ITechLaw Publishes New Book and Opens Global Public Comment Period on Draft Principles for Responsible Artificial Intelligence23.5.2019 19:11:00 CEST | Pressemelding
The International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw) has published Responsible AI: A Global Policy Framework, a new book that provides an in-depth review and eight discussion principles that address some of the hottest technology and moral issues of responsible development, deployment and use of artificial intelligence. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190523005752/en/ ITechLaw releases new book, Responsible AI: A Global Policy Framework, and opens public comment period. (Photo: Business Wire) Written by a multi-disciplinary group of 54 technology law experts, industry representatives and researchers from 16 countries, the book offers an actionable framework built on the following principles: Ethical Purpose and Societal Benefit, Accountability, Transparency and Explainability, Fairness and Non-discrimination, Safety and Reliability, Open Data and Fair Competition, Privacy, and AI and Intellectual Property.