Stevia Use In Food and Beverages Accelerated Significantly in 2018
Number of Products Launched With Stevia Grew +31% Last Year vs 2017
CHICAGO, May 28, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PureCircle (LSE: PURE), the world’s leading producer and innovator of stevia sweeteners, reports the use of stevia leaf sweetener in food and beverage products grew at an accelerated pace last year.
In 2018, the number of new products using stevia grew +31%. That compares to an +11% increase in 2017. That means the growth rate last year nearly tripled. In looking separately at beverage and food launches with stevia last year, the increase was +36% for beverages and +27% for foods. That data, and all data contained herein, is from Mintel Group Ltd, which describes itself as the world’s leading market intelligence agency*.
The 2018 data continues to showcase stevia’s increased adoption as an important ingredient for beverage and food companies. In a number of categories, where high intensity sweeteners are used, stevia is now the leader; these categories include: plant-based drinks (dairy alternatives); dairy-based ice cream and frozen yogurt; ready-to-drink iced tea; and dressings and vinegars. Stevia also has a high use incidence in: carbonated soft drinks; and meal replacements and other drinks.
Consistent with the growth of stevia use in product launches, the increase relative to other zero-calorie sweeteners has also been dramatic. In 2011, stevia was used in 10% of all food and beverage products launched with high-intensity sweeteners, whereas aspartame was found in 36%. In 2018, stevia usage nearly tripled to 29% compared to aspartame which fell to just 20%. With stevia, food and beverage companies have access to a non-GMO, zero-calorie sweetener from a plant which delivers on taste.
Some of the major beverage and food companies launching products with stevia leaf sweetener last year included the following (in alphabetical order): Calbee Foods, The Coca-Cola Co, Groupe Danone, Nestle, PepsiCo and Unilever. Due largely to its research, development and innovation, PureCircle offers beverage and food companies great-tasting, zero-calorie, plant-based sweeteners at costs competitive to sugar.
The beverage and food product launches with stevia are occurring worldwide with all global regions participating. The top-two regions last year were Asia/Pacific (42%) and Europe (21%), followed by Latin America, North America and Middle East/Africa.
Not long ago stevia was viewed as a plant-based, zero-calorie, single-ingredient sweetener which worked well in some beverage and food applications. Today we offer a range of next generation stevia leaf sweeteners, including Reb M, which taste great and work well across multiple categories. These sweeteners help beverage and food companies increase their offerings of zero- and low-calorie products without sacrificing taste.
PureCircle has significantly boosted production of our next generation stevia sweeteners – like Reb M — which have the most sugar-like taste and are highly sought after by beverage and food companies. PureCircle is able to supply those stevia sweeteners at a cost and scale to meet the growing demand for its best tasting stevia leaf ingredients.
*The data in this release reflects new product launches from January-December 2018 and was extracted from the Mintel Global New Products Database in March 2018.
**When referring to high-intensity sweeteners, ingredients analyzed included: Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Aspartame and Stevia
Media may direct inquiries to:
Carolyn Clark, Head of Global Marketing
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +1 (630) 517 0812
Jackson Pillow, Media Relations Manager
Email: email@example.com Phone: +1 (630) 256 8394
- PureCircle is the only company that combines advanced R&D with full vertical integration from farm to high-quality, great-tasting innovative stevia sweeteners.
- The Company collaborates with farmers who grow the stevia plants and with food and beverage companies which seek to improve their low- and no-calorie formulations using a sweetener from plants.
- PureCircle will continue to: lead in research, development and innovation; produce a growing supply of multiple varieties of stevia sweeteners with sugar-like taste, using all necessary and appropriate methods of production; and be a resource and innovation partner for food and beverage companies.
- PureCircle stevia flavor modifiers work in synergy with sweeteners to improve the taste, mouthfeel and calorie profile, and enhance the cost effectiveness, of beverage and food products.
- Founded in 2002, PureCircle is continually investing in breakthrough research and development and it has been granted over 130 stevia-related patents with more than 250 applied for patents pending.
- PureCircle has offices around the world with the global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois.
- To meet growing demand for stevia sweeteners, PureCircle is rapidly ramping up its supply capability. It completed expansion of its Malaysian stevia extract facility in March 2017, increasing its capacity to rapidly supply the newer and great-tasting specialty stevia sweeteners and helping provide ever-increasing value to its customers.
- PureCircle's shares are listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- For more information, visit: www.purecircle.com
- Given the growing global concerns about obesity and diabetes, beverage and food companies are working responsibly to reduce sugar and calories in their products, responding to both consumers and health and wellness advocates. Sweeteners from the stevia plant offer sugar-like taste and are becoming an increasingly important tool for these companies.
- Like sugar, stevia sweeteners are from plants. But unlike sugar, they enable low-calorie and zero-calorie formulations of beverages and foods.
- Stevia leaf extract is a natural-based, zero calorie, high-intensity sweetener, used by global food and beverage companies as a great-tasting zero-calorie alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners.
- Stevia is a naturally sweet plant native to South America; today, it is grown around the world, notably in Kenya, China and the US.
- The sweet-tasting parts of the stevia leaf are up to 350 times sweeter than sugar: stevia's high-intensity sweetness means it requires far less water and land than sugar.
- Research has shown that the molecules of the stevia leaf are present and unchanged in the dried stevia leaf, through the commercial extraction and purification process, and in the final stevia leaf extract product. All major global regulatory organisations, across 65 countries, have approved the use of high-purity stevia leaf extracts in food and beverages.
- For more information on the science of stevia, please visit https://www.purecirclesteviainstitute.com/
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/f3bcd8f1-7e63-4027-a67a-eb90adc39001
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Følg saker fra GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra GlobeNewswire
Camunda Announces Extensive Speaker Lineup for CamundaCon 201924.6.2019 09:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Early Bird Tickets for the annual Camunda Community event available until June 30 BERLIN, June 24, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Camunda, an open source software company reinventing workflow automation, today announced the speaker lineup for its annual user conference – CamundaCon – featuring presenters from LinkedIn, Roche and AXA, among others. Demand for the tech-focused event is significantly outpacing last year and discounted Early Bird tickets are available only until June 30. CamundaCon, an event created for software developers, enterprise architects and IT executives who want to learn about workflow and decision automation, takes place September 12-13 in the heart of Berlin. It brings together workflow automation and BPMN experts, the global Camunda community and the Camunda engineering team to share best practices, discuss the product roadmap and get inspiration from fellow Camunda users. New this year to the annual conference is a developer-focussed track, with dedicated tutorials
ERYTECH Announces Opening of Operations at its New Princeton, NJ GMP Manufacturing Facility24.6.2019 07:30:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Inauguration event held last week to officially open 30,000 sq. ft GMP manufacturing facility constructed in Princeton, NJ to produce lead product candidate eryaspase in the United States PRINCETON, N.J. and CAMBRIDGE, Mass. and LYON, France, June 24, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ERYTECH Pharma (Euronext: ERYP - Nasdaq: ERYP), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing innovative therapies by encapsulating drug substances inside red blood cells, announced today the opening of its new Princeton, NJ GMP manufacturing facility. The facility will support production capacity needs for eryaspase, the Company’s lead product candidate for patients in the United States. Eryaspase is in Phase 3 clinical development for the treatment of second-line pancreatic cancer. The Phase 3 clinical trial, which is referred to as the Trybeca-1 trial is expected to enroll approximately 500 patients with second-line metastatic pancreatic cancer at approximately 120 clinical sites in Europe and the Unite
Minerva Neurosciences to Host Live Conference Call and Webcast With Key Opinion Leaders to Discuss Successful Insomnia Trial With Seltorexant23.6.2019 23:30:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Call scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time on June 24 to review results of successful Phase 2b trial showing achievement of primary and secondary endpoints with potential first-in-class specific orexin-2 receptor antagonist for the treatment of insomnia Key Opinion Leaders, Dr. Thomas Roth and Dr. David Kupfer, to be joined by Dr. Remy Luthringer, Executive Chairman and CEO of Minerva WALTHAM, Mass., June 23, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Minerva Neurosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: NERV), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of therapies to treat central nervous system (CNS) disorders, will host a live conference call and webcast tomorrow, June 24, 2019 to discuss the results of its successful Phase 2b clinical trial of seltorexant (MIN-202) in patients with insomnia disorder (see dial-in information below). The Company plans to issue a press release detailing top-line results prior to the call. Conference Call Information: Minerva Neurosciences will hold a conferen
GE Board of Directors Authorizes Regular Quarterly Dividend21.6.2019 19:35:00 CEST | Pressemelding
BOSTON, June 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of GE (NYSE: GE) today declared a $0.01 per share dividend on the outstanding common stock of the Company. The dividend is payable July 25, 2019 to shareowners of record at the close of business on July 1, 2019. The ex-dividend date is June 28, 2019. About GE GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today it leads new paradigms in additive manufacturing, materials science, and data analytics. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com GE's Investor Relations website at www.ge.com/investor and our corporate blog at www.ge.com/reports and @GE_Reports on Twitter, as well as GE's Fac
Wildflower Featured in NetworkNewsWire Publication Summarizing Amazing Profits Found in Cannabis21.6.2019 14:30:00 CEST | Pressemelding
NEW YORK, June 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- via NetworkWire — Wildflower Brands Inc. (CSE: SUN) (OTCQB: WLDFF) today announces its placement in an editorial published by NetworkNewsWire ("NNW"), a multifaceted financial news and publishing company for private and public entities. To view the full publication, titled “Searching for the Next Super Nova,” visit: http://nnw.fm/P7LFo. Quarter-over-quarter sales growth is one of the indicators used to target explosive upside potential. Similar growth patterns were exhibited by many of the cannabis behemoths prior to parabolic price increases. In what may be an equally telling indicator, Wildflower Brands Inc. (CSE: SUN) (OTCQB: WLDFF) revenues have now increased 11 consecutive quarters, quarter on quarter, ever since the company started selling its hemp-based CBD products. Founded in 2012 as a private company, Wildflower Brands went public in 2014 and has been on a tear ever since. Wildflower is an integrated health-and-wellness company crea
Fortuna Reports Results of Annual General Meeting21.6.2019 11:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, June 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. (NYSE: FSM) (TSX: FVI) hereby announces the voting results at the Company’s annual general meeting held on June 20, 2019. A total of 106,646,841 common shares were represented at the meeting, being 66.58% of the Company’s issued and outstanding shares as at the record date. Shareholders voted in favour of all matters brought before the meeting including the appointment of auditors, and the election of management’s nominees as directors. Detailed results of the votes on the election of directors are as follows: Director Votes For Votes Withheld Jorge Ganoza Durant Simon Ridgway Mario Szotlender David Farrell David Laing Alfredo Sillau Kylie Dickson 68,615,628 (98.9%) 39,765,591 (57.3%) 67,659,125 (97.5%) 66,958,952 (96.5%) 68,280,736 (98.4%) 68,434,565 (98.7%) 68,393,226 (98.6%) 755,610 (1.1%) 29,605,647 (42.7%) 1,712,113 (2.5%) 2,412,286 (3.5%) 1,090,502 (1.6%) 936,673 (1.3%) 978,012 (1.4%) About F