Shopify Unveils New Innovations to Transform Commerce for Merchants and Consumers Globally
Today, Shopify Inc. (NYSE:SHOP) (TSX:SHOP), the leading multi-channel commerce platform, unveiled the latest in commerce technology at Shopify Unite, the annual conference that brings together the company’s global partner and developer community.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190619005550/en/
Shopify Fulfillment Network (Graphic: Business Wire)
“Shopify’s real power comes from the variety and strength of our ecosystem,” said Shopify CEO Tobi Lutke. "Unite gives our developer and partner community access to our product roadmap. Together, and only together, we can shape the future of commerce and empower entrepreneurs around the world.”
This year, Shopify is transforming commerce by announcing platform enhancements and updates focused on giving direct-to-consumer brands everything they need to build and manage a business. Shopify’s innovations include a newly updated Shopify Plus platform for enterprise brands, more global capabilities, and for the first time, Shopify is expanding its offering with a fulfillment network that will allow merchants of all sizes to deliver their products fast and at a low cost.
- Shopify Fulfillment Network , available now for early access, will provide U.S. merchants with a network of distributed fulfillment centers, and uses machine learning to ensure timely deliveries and lower shipping costs, putting their brand and customer experience front and center.
- The all-new Shopify Plus provides a single view of a merchant’s entire business, tools that facilitate a consistent experience across stores, and an easier-than-ever way to create new stores, empowering enterprise merchants to move fast, build with the customer in mind, and unlock growth potential.
- The new Shopify POS will be faster, more intuitive, and more scalable point of sale software, providing retailers with a simple interface, new customer service shortcuts, and access to all of Shopify’s POS app extensions.
- Introducing 11 new language capabilities , now available in the Shopify Admin globally, including Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Hindi, Malay, Norwegian, Swedish, Korean and Thai.
- Shopify’s Translations API will store translated buyer-facing content including products, collections, and blog posts, enabling merchants to provide the same consistent shopping experience in multiple languages.
- With Shopify Payments, all merchants can now sell in multiple currencies and get paid in their local currency.
- The new online store design experience makes it even easier for merchants to customize the look and feel of their store to meet the evolving expectations of shoppers, without editing the code.
- Introducing the ability to display products in video and 3D models right within Shopify, unlocking new possibilities for merchants to deliver the in-store experience online by bringing products to life.
- Partners can now integrate subscription payments solutions directly into Shopify’s checkout.
- Shopify’s most popular libraries will be available in GraphQL , allowing developers to leverage its speed and efficiency to build faster and more stable apps for merchants.
- With the Shopify App CLI (command-line interface) , developers can now wrap all their app building steps into one command, scaffolding an app within seconds.
- Shopify App Bridge is a new, consolidated tool that enables developers to embed their apps directly into Shopify, including desktop, Shopify Mobile, and Shopify POS, creating a seamless user experience for merchants.
Introducing new back office shipping features to help merchants sell more, better manage their order process, and improve customer experiences
- New shipping features make it possible for merchants to set specific shipping rules and pricing for different products, and create automatic and more accurate visibility throughout the fulfillment process, including any activity happening in third-party apps and services.
For more information, please visit https://news.shopify.com/.
Shopify is the leading multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants use Shopify to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including mobile, web, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business, from payments to shipping. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 800,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Unilever, Kylie Cosmetics, Allbirds, MVMT, and many more.
This press release contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws (“forward-looking statements“), including statements with regard to the announcement and launch by Shopify of new products, services and offerings, the capabilities of those products and the impact of those products and services on merchants’ businesses. Words such as “expects”, “will”, “anticipates” and “intends” or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to the inherent uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions
Director of Communications
416-238-6705 x 302
About Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Aroma Bit to Develop Smartphone Embeddable Ultra-compact Silicon CMOS Based Smell Sensor That Has Dog Nose Equivalent Resolution in 1mm Squared Die Size23.7.2019 01:30:00 CEST | Press release
Aroma Bit launched a new subsidiary to develop the next generation smell sensor based on silicon CMOS sensor substrate that are ultra-compact, high resolution and low cost. The technology is realized by applying Aroma Bit developed smell sensor receptor membrane technology to ultra-sensitive silicon CMOS based ion imaging sensor technology developed by professor Kazuaki Sawada at Toyohashi University of Technology and associated companies. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190722005004/en/ Picture of 1mm squared die of silicon CMOS based smell sensor, with dog nose equivalent ~1,200 sensor pixels (Photo: Business Wire) Aroma Bit: http://www.aromabit.com Realizing smartphone embeddable smell sensor with dog nose equivalent ultra-high resolution smell sensor on only 1 millimeter square silicon die size Aroma Bit has developed and are currently selling a compact smell sensor that employs QCM or Quartz Crystal Micro
Logitech Delivers a Strong Start to Fiscal Year 2020 with Robust Sales and Profit Growth23.7.2019 01:00:00 CEST | Press release
Logitech International (SIX: LOGN) (Nasdaq: LOGI) today announced financial results for the first quarter of Fiscal Year 2020. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190722005781/en/ Logitech delivers a strong start to Fiscal Year 2020 with robust sales and profit growth. (Graphic: Business Wire) Q1 sales were $644 million, up 6 percent in US dollars and 9 percent in constant currency, compared to Q1 of the prior year. Q1 GAAP operating income grew 46 percent to $47 million, compared to $32 million in the same quarter a year ago. Q1 GAAP earnings per share (EPS) grew 17 percent to $0.27, compared to $0.23 in the same quarter a year ago. Q1 non-GAAP operating income grew 11 percent to $67 million, compared to $61 million in the same quarter a year ago. Q1 non-GAAP EPS grew 15 percent to $0.39, compared to $0.34 in the same quarter a year ago. Cash flow from operations was $37 million, compared to $12 million in the sa
Gilead Presents New Data on Biktarvy® for the Treatment of HIV in Women and in Virologically Suppressed Patients With Known Resistance22.7.2019 16:00:00 CEST | Press release
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: GILD) today presented findings from two Phase 3 trials – a trial demonstrating the effectiveness of switching to Biktarvy (bictegravir 50mg/emtricitabine 200mg/tenofovir alafenamide 25mg tablets, B/F/TAF) in women, and a trial evaluating the potential for the single tablet regimen to be an effective treatment option in virologically suppressed patients with known resistance to nucleo(s)tide or non-nucleo(s)tide reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs or NNRTIs). The use of Biktarvy in patients with known drug resistance is investigational. These data were presented at the 10th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Science (IAS 2019) being held in Mexico City. “These data presented at IAS provide new information about the treatment of HIV among women and patients with known drug resistance,” said Diana Brainard, MD, Senior Vice President, HIV and Emerging Viruses, Gilead Sciences. “The studies further demonstrate the potential for Biktarvy to be an
IBC Celebrates Young Talent in the Industry22.7.2019 15:36:00 CEST | Press release
The media, entertainment and technology industry is changing. Attitudes are shifting, the next generation is consuming content differently to any before them and diverse and exciting content is being created to meet that demand in innovative formats. Driving this change is a new wave of industry talent, honoured at IBC with the first IBC Young Pioneer Award. Recognising the brightest, newest talent in the industry, this award will go to someone who has made a real impact with their passion, ambition and commitment and is making an outstanding contribution to our industry. “What we were looking for in the shortlist was, most importantly, real talent, a stand-out individual making a real difference in the industry,” said David Levine, VP, Programming - Kids, Europe & Africa/UK & Ireland, The Walt Disney Co. Ltd and Chair of the Judging Panel. “But we were also looking for a lasting legacy, for the Young Pioneer to be a leader today and a media guru of the future.” The call for entries so
Gilead Presents Proof-of-Concept Data for GS-6207, a First-in-Class Capsid Inhibitor, in People Living With HIV22.7.2019 15:00:00 CEST | Press release
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: GILD) today presented the first clinical data in people living with HIV on GS-6207, an investigational, novel, selective, first-in-class inhibitor of HIV capsid function. The Phase 1b data demonstrate the first proof of concept that HIV capsid inhibition can lead to significant declines in viral load in vivo. In addition, Gilead presented preclinical data demonstrating that resistance to GS-6207 in vitro did not lead to resistance to other classes of drugs used in the treatment of HIV. These data were presented at the 10th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Science (IAS 2019) in Mexico City. GS-6207 is an investigational long-acting antiretroviral agent that can be delivered subcutaneously. GS-6207 recently received breakthrough therapy designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a potential therapy for heavily treatment-experienced people living with multi-drug resistant HIV. GS-6207 acts in a novel way compared with current
Pacific Drilling Appoints James W. Harris as Chief Financial Officer22.7.2019 13:42:00 CEST | Press release
Pacific Drilling S.A. (NYSE: PACD), one of the world’s leading deepwater drilling contractors, today announced that Pacific Drilling’s Board has appointed James W. Harris to serve as the Company’s Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Mr. Harris replaces Mr. Johannes (John) P. Boots, who, as previously announced, mutually agreed with the Company to step down from his position to pursue other opportunities. Mr. Harris has more than 30 years of experience in the energy industry in a variety of financial leadership, strategic and business planning roles. He most recently served as Executive Vice President, Drilling & Subsea for Forum Energy Technologies, Inc., having previously served Forum as Chief Financial Officer for 12 years. Bernie Wolford, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer, stated, “We sincerely appreciate the many contributions that John has made during his nearly 10-year tenure with Pacific Drilling and we wish him all the best in his future endeavors.” “We are e