Shopify Announces Largest-Ever Collection of New Technologies to Advance Commerce
Today, Shopify Inc. (NYSE:SHOP)(TSX:SHOP), the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform, unveiled the latest in commerce technology at Unite, their annual conference that brings together their international developer community.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180508006118/en/
Tap & Chip Reader (Photo: Business Wire)
"We want to give a voice to all kinds of entrepreneurs around the world,” said Shopify CEO Tobi Lutke. “And that means making it easier for them to run a business and become successful. Unite is when we show the world our progress on this journey, and invite our developer and partner community to join us."
Product announcements focused on helping entrepreneurs in three key areas – selling more, working more efficiently, and making the most of the Shopify partner ecosystem.
Retail is not dead, it’s changing: making retail accessible to every merchant supports a thriving economy.
- Shopify POS is receiving significant upgrades for retail stores, including multi-channel returns and exchanges, in-store pickup, tipping options, a companion app for a customer-facing checkout experience, and a developer SDK.
- Introducing a brand new, premium Tap & Chip Reader to transform the in-store shopping experience by accepting all major contactless payments, including Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Retail specific features will be bundled with the standard Shopify Plan and above at no extra cost.
- The first-ever Shopify space is opening in 2018 to be a place retailers can visit to help grow their business. This space will be a permanent hub for the best of Shopify’s products, services, and new technology, and a source of support, inspiration, and education for retailers.
Marketing simplification: reducing the complexity of marketing to help business owners sell more.
- Announcing a new Marketing section in the Shopify dashboard that enables merchants to create, run, and measure all marketing campaigns using their favorite Shopify apps. Merchants will also receive detailed and actionable marketing recommendations, personalized for their products and store.
- Easy to use Buy One Get One (BOGO) & Quantity discounts join our growing list of promotional tools that allow retailers to apply discounts and incentives based on number of items purchased.
- Dynamic Checkout surfaces the consumer’s preferred payment method directly on the product page and allows transactions to happen with a single tap using Shopify Pay, Apple Pay, and many more wallets.
Redefining how work gets done: automating and simplifying the back office workflows.
- Locations, a new feature that allows retailers to manage inventory across multiple locations, creating a more streamlined fulfilment experience.
- Fraud Protect for Shopify Payments provides opt-in protection for orders processed via Shopify Payments against fraudulent chargebacks, allowing retailers to fulfill more orders with fewer delays.
- Starting this summer, all Shopify partners and developers will be able to teach Kit new skills, giving merchants access to support beyond marketing via Kit Skills .
- Shopify Ping , a brand new app designed to streamline and centralize business conversations and marketing activities. Shopify Ping will come with Kit, a virtual employee for our merchants, to help grow their businesses by planning, creating, and managing their marketing.
- Launching a beta program that offers native language capabilities for merchants in German, Japanese, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Italian.
- Introducing local payment options , allowing customers to pay using country-specific cashless payment methods, in addition to popular credit card and mobile payment options.
Powered by Partners: Shopify’s extended ecosystem is changing the face of retail.
- Shopify Services Marketplace will bring Partners and merchants closer together in a one-stop shop that allows merchants to access Partner expertise like website design, marketing, photography and more.
- The new Shopify App Store prioritizes discovery and generates personalized recommendations, enabling entrepreneurs to make better and faster decisions for their businesses.
- The entirety of the admin API will be GraphQL-powered, allowing Partners to leverage its speed and efficiency to build faster and more stable apps.
- Connectors for Shopify Flow enable any app to create proprietary triggers and actions to start and end automated workflows.
For more information, please visit https://unite.shopify.com/press.
Unite is Shopify’s annual commerce technology conference, bringing together the international developer community to celebrate shared accomplishments, forge new connections, and ignite the future of commerce. Unite provides partners with insight into the Shopify product roadmap, helping them focus their efforts on solving complex problems for today’s entrepreneurs. This year, partners and developers will learn more about the future of retail, the expansion of partner opportunities, and innovative new ways Shopify is powering entrepreneurs to make commerce better for everyone.
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 600,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Red Bull, Nestle, Rebecca Minkoff, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more.
This press release contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws (“forward-looking statements“), including statements with regard to the announcement and launch by Shopify of new products, services and offerings. Words such as “expects”, “will”, “anticipates” and “intends” or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to the inherent uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions and no assurance can be given that the launches will occur as and when planned. Shopify undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required by law.
Public Relations Manager
About Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
LifeSpan BioSciences Announces the Acquisition of Everest Biotech16.7.2019 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
LifeSpan BioSciences (LSBio™), a leading provider of antibodies and life science research reagents, is pleased to announce its acquisition of Everest Biotech. Everest Biotech are ISO 9001:2015 certified experts in antigen affinity purified goat polyclonal antibodies. The acquisition of Everest Biotech further expands LSBio’s product offering and strengthens the company’s position as one of the fastest growing providers in the research reagent market. Through its partnerships, LSBio now offers a comprehensive catalogue of reagents that can be coupled with their extensive collection of IHC validated primary antibodies. “We are looking forward to adding the Everest Biotech product range to the LSBio portfolio,” said Heather Holemon, CEO of LSBio. “Everest Biotech products are of exceptionally high quality and perfectly complement our existing portfolio.” The Everest Biotech commitment to quality and continuous improvement has ensured the growth of their catalogue, which now contains thous
AppyParking Closes £7.6 Million Series A Funding16.7.2019 07:00:00 CEST | Press release
AppyParking, the kerbside management and mobility technology firm that is transforming parking for motorists and empowering local authorities and car park operators to better manage their assets, announced that the company has just closed a £7.6 million Series A round. The funding round includes new strategic investment from Hyundai Motor Company and Sumitomo Corporation. It was led by West Hill Capital, the London based venture capital firm, with participation from existing investors Aviva Ventures and Breed Reply. The investment brings AppyParking’s total funding since launch to over £11 million and will enable the company to accelerate product development, support domestic and international growth and continue to expand their talented team. Founded in 2013 with the launch of their award-winning smart parking app, AppyParking is on a mission to make parking forgettable and help prepare cities for the rise of autonomous vehicles. They were the first company in the world to focus on th
Dubai to Organise Global Investment in Aviation Summit in January 202016.7.2019 07:00:00 CEST | Press release
The General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) of UAE has announced that the second edition of Global Investment in Aviation Summit (GIAS) 2020, themed ‘Enabling Global Aviation Growth through Fund Raising and Key Partnerships’ will be held in Dubai from January 27-29. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190716005136/en/ Saif Mohammed Al Suwaidi, Director General of the GCAA (Photo: AETOSWire) Over 200 investors and 1,200 delegates, besides selected government officials, aviation organisations, finance & insurance firms, aviation asset owners, aircraft operators & logistic service providers and legal consultants are expected to turn up at the event. While disclosing the details of the summit Saif Mohammed Al Suwaidi, Director General of the GCAA, highlighted the UAE’s remarkable position in the international and regional aviation industry. Al Suwaidi said, “The national agenda for 2021 aims for UAE to be the world fi
Our Toy Stories @ Harbour City16.7.2019 02:13:00 CEST | Press release
While Disney and Pixar’s “Toy Story 4” is hitting the big screens around the world this summer, Harbour City, the largest shopping mall in Hong Kong, is joining forces with Disney to bring the movie to life from now till 4 August, 2019! Inspired by the movie, Harbour City has transformed into a “Toy Story” themed carnival with different games and challenges at Ocean Terminal Forecourt next to Star Ferry Pier and Ocean Terminal Deck with stunning Victoria Harbour view, where fans can play with Woody and the gang under the best Harbour & Sunset views in Hong Kong! This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190715005854/en/ Large Scale Toy Story Carnival at Harbour City in Hong Kong (Photo: Business Wire) Additionally, fans can experience other fun, immersive activities throughout the mall including The Art of Toy Story 4 exhibit, kids’ workshops, “Toy Story 4” pop-up store, along with a “Toy Story” themed dessert pop-up st
HSEVEN Accelerate World-Class African Startups16.7.2019 01:00:00 CEST | Press release
HSEVEN, Africa’s largest accelerator is launching “HSEVEN DISRUPT AFRICA”, an ambitious startup acceleration program designed for entrepreneurs of the Moroccan and African diaspora. The 6-month program will provide a seed investment of €150,000 plus an eventual investment of €500,000 to €1.5 million. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190715005770/en/ HSEVEN team (Photo: AETOSWire) HSEVEN DISRUPT AFRICA is designed to support exceptional entrepreneurs building high-impact startups, and targets seed and early stage startups with 2 to 5 founders that are eager to impact Africa through innovative services, products and business models. The program will start with a global call for applications, followed by an international selection roadshow in New York, Montréal, San Francisco, Shanghai, Dubaï, Londres, Amsterdam, Paris, Casablanca. The selected startups will benefit from a seed investment of €150,000 at the beginn
PayPal Expands its International Money Transfer Service Xoom to 32 Markets across Europe15.7.2019 23:01:00 CEST | Press release
Today, PayPal launched Xoom—its international money transfer service—in 32 markets1 across Europe. People in these markets can now use Xoom to quickly send money, pay bills or top up phones to more than 130 markets internationally. Xoom’s expansion to Europe is a significant milestone and another example of PayPal fulfilling its mission to make the movement and management of money more convenient, accessible, secure and affordable. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190715005823/en/ Xoom Launches in 32 Markets Across Europe (Photo: Business Wire) The global remittance market reached $689 billion in 2018, up from $633 billion in 2017 according to World Bank data2. In 2019, remittance flows to low- and middle-income countries are expected to reach $550 billion, to become their largest source of external financing. The global average cost of sending $200 remained high, at around 7 percent in the first quarter of 201