Shopify Announces Largest-Ever Collection of New Technologies to Advance Commerce
Today, Shopify Inc. (NYSE:SHOP)(TSX:SHOP), the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform, unveiled the latest in commerce technology at Unite, their annual conference that brings together their international developer community.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180508006118/en/
Tap & Chip Reader (Photo: Business Wire)
"We want to give a voice to all kinds of entrepreneurs around the world,” said Shopify CEO Tobi Lutke. “And that means making it easier for them to run a business and become successful. Unite is when we show the world our progress on this journey, and invite our developer and partner community to join us."
Product announcements focused on helping entrepreneurs in three key areas – selling more, working more efficiently, and making the most of the Shopify partner ecosystem.
Retail is not dead, it’s changing: making retail accessible to every merchant supports a thriving economy.
- Shopify POS is receiving significant upgrades for retail stores, including multi-channel returns and exchanges, in-store pickup, tipping options, a companion app for a customer-facing checkout experience, and a developer SDK.
- Introducing a brand new, premium Tap & Chip Reader to transform the in-store shopping experience by accepting all major contactless payments, including Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Retail specific features will be bundled with the standard Shopify Plan and above at no extra cost.
- The first-ever Shopify space is opening in 2018 to be a place retailers can visit to help grow their business. This space will be a permanent hub for the best of Shopify’s products, services, and new technology, and a source of support, inspiration, and education for retailers.
Marketing simplification: reducing the complexity of marketing to help business owners sell more.
- Announcing a new Marketing section in the Shopify dashboard that enables merchants to create, run, and measure all marketing campaigns using their favorite Shopify apps. Merchants will also receive detailed and actionable marketing recommendations, personalized for their products and store.
- Easy to use Buy One Get One (BOGO) & Quantity discounts join our growing list of promotional tools that allow retailers to apply discounts and incentives based on number of items purchased.
- Dynamic Checkout surfaces the consumer’s preferred payment method directly on the product page and allows transactions to happen with a single tap using Shopify Pay, Apple Pay, and many more wallets.
Redefining how work gets done: automating and simplifying the back office workflows.
- Locations, a new feature that allows retailers to manage inventory across multiple locations, creating a more streamlined fulfilment experience.
- Fraud Protect for Shopify Payments provides opt-in protection for orders processed via Shopify Payments against fraudulent chargebacks, allowing retailers to fulfill more orders with fewer delays.
- Starting this summer, all Shopify partners and developers will be able to teach Kit new skills, giving merchants access to support beyond marketing via Kit Skills .
- Shopify Ping , a brand new app designed to streamline and centralize business conversations and marketing activities. Shopify Ping will come with Kit, a virtual employee for our merchants, to help grow their businesses by planning, creating, and managing their marketing.
- Launching a beta program that offers native language capabilities for merchants in German, Japanese, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Italian.
- Introducing local payment options , allowing customers to pay using country-specific cashless payment methods, in addition to popular credit card and mobile payment options.
Powered by Partners: Shopify’s extended ecosystem is changing the face of retail.
- Shopify Services Marketplace will bring Partners and merchants closer together in a one-stop shop that allows merchants to access Partner expertise like website design, marketing, photography and more.
- The new Shopify App Store prioritizes discovery and generates personalized recommendations, enabling entrepreneurs to make better and faster decisions for their businesses.
- The entirety of the admin API will be GraphQL-powered, allowing Partners to leverage its speed and efficiency to build faster and more stable apps.
- Connectors for Shopify Flow enable any app to create proprietary triggers and actions to start and end automated workflows.
For more information, please visit https://unite.shopify.com/press.
Unite is Shopify’s annual commerce technology conference, bringing together the international developer community to celebrate shared accomplishments, forge new connections, and ignite the future of commerce. Unite provides partners with insight into the Shopify product roadmap, helping them focus their efforts on solving complex problems for today’s entrepreneurs. This year, partners and developers will learn more about the future of retail, the expansion of partner opportunities, and innovative new ways Shopify is powering entrepreneurs to make commerce better for everyone.
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 600,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Red Bull, Nestle, Rebecca Minkoff, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more.
This press release contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws (“forward-looking statements“), including statements with regard to the announcement and launch by Shopify of new products, services and offerings. Words such as “expects”, “will”, “anticipates” and “intends” or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to the inherent uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions and no assurance can be given that the launches will occur as and when planned. Shopify undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required by law.
Public Relations Manager
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Tory Burch Names Pierre-Yves Roussel Chief Executive Officer11.12.2018 21:26 | Pressemelding
Tory Burch, LLC, today announced it has named Pierre-Yves Roussel Chief Executive Officer, starting early 2019. A longtime LVMH executive, Mr. Roussel will be based out of Tory Burch’s New York headquarters; he will join and report to the Company’s board of directors. In partnership with Ms. Burch, he will lead and implement the company’s global strategy with a focus on operations. “There are very few leaders in the industry who have both a commercial track record and a deep admiration for the creative process. I respect what he has built at LVMH and value the way he thinks about business, luxury and the fashion industry as a whole. He also shares my belief in the importance of a culture-led company. We have a strong management team in place and Pierre-Yves is a natural fit as we continue to focus on long-term growth and global expansion,” said Tory Burch, who is currently Chief Executive Officer and will assume the role Executive Chairman and Chief Creative Officer. “I’m very excited
United Nations Climate Action Award Goes to Germany for the First Time11.12.2018 19:00 | Pressemelding
Within the context of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, two ProVeg projects were awarded the Momentum for Change Climate Action Award 2018 in the category Planetary Health. One of these is the health promotion project Aktion Pflanzen-Power, jointly initiated with BKK ProVita. ProVeg and its partner received the award for their work in schools. It marks the first time that this award has gone to Germany. The award ceremony took place yesterday in the Polish city of Katowice as part of the 24th UN Climate Change Conference. ProVeg and BKK ProVita promote children’s health and climate action Aktion Pflanzen-Power aims to improve the availability and quality of vegan and vegetarian dishes in schools. Together with BKK ProVita, ProVeg has so far reached 24,800 students at 41 schools throughout Germany on the subject of wholesome, plant-based nutrition as part of the health promotion project. Healthy nutrition with Aktion Pflanzen-Power Andreas Schöfbeck, member of t
Thales and Gemalto are granted regulatory clearance by the European Commission11.12.2018 17:01 | Pressemelding
Regulatory News: Reference is made to the joint press release by Thales (Euronext Paris: HO) and Gemalto (Euronext Amsterdam and Paris: GTO) dated 27 March 2018 in relation to the launch of the recommended all-cash offer by Thales for all the issued and outstanding shares of Gemalto (the “Offer”), the publication of the Offer Document, and the joint press release of Thales and Gemalto dated 10 August 2018 in relation to the further extension of the Acceptance Period. Terms not defined in this press release will have the meaning as set forth in the Offer Document. Thales and Gemalto announce today that they have been granted merger control Regulatory Clearance by the European Commission, following Thales’s commitment to divest its general purpose hardware security modules (GP HSM) business globally1 to a suitable purchaser. This clearance is effective immediately. Together with the merger control clearances obtained in China, Israel, South Africa and Turkey, and clearances relating to f
Starr Insurance Companies Expands Aviation Insurance Operations to Brazil11.12.2018 15:43 | Pressemelding
Starr Insurance Companies today announced that Starr International Brasil Seguradora S.A. (“Starr Brazil”) has been granted a local license to offer aviation insurance. “We are thrilled to be adding aviation capability in an important, growing economy like Brazil,” stated Steve Blakey, president and chief executive officer for Starr Insurance Holdings, Inc. “As a worldwide leader in aviation insurance solutions, we are constantly seeking new opportunities and markets to meet the growing needs of the aviation and aerospace industry around the globe.” Fernanda Strachino, aviation specialist underwriter, has joined Starr Brazil to head the new aviation division. Fernanda brings more than 16 years’ of experience in the aviation and insurance market. Starr Brazil will offer a variety of aviation coverages, including: Aircraft Hull & Liability; Spare Parts; Third-Party Legal Liability; Corporate Non-Owned Aircraft Liability; General Liability; RETA Insurance (Mandatory Liability), Hangarkeep
Andersen Global Continues Growth in United Kingdom With Claritas Tax Limited11.12.2018 14:30 | Pressemelding
Today, Andersen Global expanded its reach in the United Kingdom with the addition of Claritas Tax Limited, a tax advisory and compliance services firm based in Birmingham, the second largest city in the country. Claritas is the fourth firm collaborating with Andersen Global in the UK. “Adding a sought-after firm like Claritas is not only a logical extension for Andersen Global, but it broadens our offering in the UK. Their practice focuses on corporation tax, R&D tax reliefs, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital in addition to serving individuals,” said Mark Vorsatz, Andersen Global Chairman and Andersen Tax LLC CEO. “Iain Wright and his team enhance our already robust core competences in the UK, a critical market for our clients, and we look forward to working with Claritas on a number of upcoming corporate opportunities.” Founded in 2012, Claritas Tax Limited is an advisory led business that provides a full range of tax advisory and compliance services to entr
Seoul Semiconductor Wins Patent Litigation against Everlight in Germany and Is Awarded Statutory Litigation Costs11.12.2018 14:00 | Pressemelding
Seoul Semiconductor Co., Ltd. (KOSDAQ:046890) (“Seoul”), a leading global innovator of LED products and technology, announced that it won a patent litigation against Everlight Electronics Co., Ltd. (“Everlight”) in Germany. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181211005233/en/ Seoul Semiconductor's Headquarters in Korea (Photo: Business Wire) The patent involved in this litigation relates to an LED package structure for thermal dissipation. Everlight purchased this patent from a U.S. company in 2017, and subsequently brought a patent lawsuit against Seoul in the Manheim Court of Germany. In December 2018, however, the Manheim Court ruled in favor of Seoul and ordered that Everlight, as the losing party, should bear the statutory costs of the court proceeding. In the United Kingdom, Seoul had already won a patent litigation against Everlight earlier this year. At that time, the UK Patent Court also ordered that Ever