Shopify Announces Largest-Ever Collection of New Technologies to Advance Commerce
Today, Shopify Inc. (NYSE:SHOP)(TSX:SHOP), the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform, unveiled the latest in commerce technology at Unite, their annual conference that brings together their international developer community.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180508006118/en/
Tap & Chip Reader (Photo: Business Wire)
"We want to give a voice to all kinds of entrepreneurs around the world,” said Shopify CEO Tobi Lutke. “And that means making it easier for them to run a business and become successful. Unite is when we show the world our progress on this journey, and invite our developer and partner community to join us."
Product announcements focused on helping entrepreneurs in three key areas – selling more, working more efficiently, and making the most of the Shopify partner ecosystem.
Retail is not dead, it’s changing: making retail accessible to every merchant supports a thriving economy.
- Shopify POS is receiving significant upgrades for retail stores, including multi-channel returns and exchanges, in-store pickup, tipping options, a companion app for a customer-facing checkout experience, and a developer SDK.
- Introducing a brand new, premium Tap & Chip Reader to transform the in-store shopping experience by accepting all major contactless payments, including Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Retail specific features will be bundled with the standard Shopify Plan and above at no extra cost.
- The first-ever Shopify space is opening in 2018 to be a place retailers can visit to help grow their business. This space will be a permanent hub for the best of Shopify’s products, services, and new technology, and a source of support, inspiration, and education for retailers.
Marketing simplification: reducing the complexity of marketing to help business owners sell more.
- Announcing a new Marketing section in the Shopify dashboard that enables merchants to create, run, and measure all marketing campaigns using their favorite Shopify apps. Merchants will also receive detailed and actionable marketing recommendations, personalized for their products and store.
- Easy to use Buy One Get One (BOGO) & Quantity discounts join our growing list of promotional tools that allow retailers to apply discounts and incentives based on number of items purchased.
- Dynamic Checkout surfaces the consumer’s preferred payment method directly on the product page and allows transactions to happen with a single tap using Shopify Pay, Apple Pay, and many more wallets.
Redefining how work gets done: automating and simplifying the back office workflows.
- Locations, a new feature that allows retailers to manage inventory across multiple locations, creating a more streamlined fulfilment experience.
- Fraud Protect for Shopify Payments provides opt-in protection for orders processed via Shopify Payments against fraudulent chargebacks, allowing retailers to fulfill more orders with fewer delays.
- Starting this summer, all Shopify partners and developers will be able to teach Kit new skills, giving merchants access to support beyond marketing via Kit Skills .
- Shopify Ping , a brand new app designed to streamline and centralize business conversations and marketing activities. Shopify Ping will come with Kit, a virtual employee for our merchants, to help grow their businesses by planning, creating, and managing their marketing.
- Launching a beta program that offers native language capabilities for merchants in German, Japanese, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Italian.
- Introducing local payment options , allowing customers to pay using country-specific cashless payment methods, in addition to popular credit card and mobile payment options.
Powered by Partners: Shopify’s extended ecosystem is changing the face of retail.
- Shopify Services Marketplace will bring Partners and merchants closer together in a one-stop shop that allows merchants to access Partner expertise like website design, marketing, photography and more.
- The new Shopify App Store prioritizes discovery and generates personalized recommendations, enabling entrepreneurs to make better and faster decisions for their businesses.
- The entirety of the admin API will be GraphQL-powered, allowing Partners to leverage its speed and efficiency to build faster and more stable apps.
- Connectors for Shopify Flow enable any app to create proprietary triggers and actions to start and end automated workflows.
For more information, please visit https://unite.shopify.com/press.
Unite is Shopify’s annual commerce technology conference, bringing together the international developer community to celebrate shared accomplishments, forge new connections, and ignite the future of commerce. Unite provides partners with insight into the Shopify product roadmap, helping them focus their efforts on solving complex problems for today’s entrepreneurs. This year, partners and developers will learn more about the future of retail, the expansion of partner opportunities, and innovative new ways Shopify is powering entrepreneurs to make commerce better for everyone.
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 600,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Red Bull, Nestle, Rebecca Minkoff, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more.
This press release contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws (“forward-looking statements“), including statements with regard to the announcement and launch by Shopify of new products, services and offerings. Words such as “expects”, “will”, “anticipates” and “intends” or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to the inherent uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions and no assurance can be given that the launches will occur as and when planned. Shopify undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required by law.
Public Relations Manager
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Zephyr Endobronchial Valves Improve Breathing, Quality of Life and Activity for Severe Emphysema Patients in US Pivotal Trial22.5.2018 17:19 | Pressemelding
Pulmonx® Corp. today announced positive one-year results from the U.S. LIBERATE pivotal trial of the Zephyr® Endobronchial Valve, a minimally-invasive treatment for severe emphysema, an advanced form of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180522006139/en/ Zephyr Endobronchial Valves (Photo: Business Wire) “The LIBERATE Study definitively proves that Zephyr Valves offer clinically meaningful improvements in three important areas for patients – the ability to breathe better, be more active, and enjoy an improved quality of life,” said the study’s lead investigator, Gerard Criner, MD, FACP, FACCP, Chair and Professor of Thoracic Medicine and Surgery, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University. He continued, “All primary and secondary endpoints were met, with Zephyr Valve treatment showing significant improvement for patients across multiple measures of breathing a
Seoul Semiconductor Announces the Availability of a Series of AC LED Modules22.5.2018 16:03 | Pressemelding
Seoul Semiconductor, a leading global innovator of LED products and technology, announces a comprehensive series of AC LED modules that use the company’s patented Acrich AC LED technology. The modules are offered in designs from 200 to 10,000 lumens in round, rectangular and linear formats. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180522006054/en/ Seoul Semiconductor Announces the Availability of a Series of AC LED Modules (Photo: Business Wire) These AC modules integrate Seoul Semiconductor’s patented Acrich AC driver technology with the company’s advanced LEDs, enabling the design of compact light fixtures with superior lighting performance, making these modules ideal for a wide range of lighting applications. “Lighting designers who are looking to significantly reduce the size, weight, and volume of their luminaire designs can select one of our standard round, rectangular, or linear AC module designs to develop a co
Medicortex Finland Announces Agreement with Pro-Lab22.5.2018 13:58 | Pressemelding
Medicortex Finland Oy announces that it has entered into an agreement with a Canadian company Pro-Lab Diagnostics Inc. Pro-Lab will be responsible for the regulatory process and registration of the ProbTBI™ brain injury detection kit in Canada and UK. Following a brain injury, the diagnostic test will detect in urine and saliva a unique brain injury biomarker which has been discovered and characterized by Medicortex. The agreement gives Pro-Lab exclusive rights for sales in the UK and Canada from which Medicortex will receive royalties. The agreement between the parties is confidential and no other details about the content of the agreement are disclosed. Pro-Lab will be responsible for the clinical validation of the kit prior to the commercial launch in the territories. In addition to the licensing agreement, the parties intend to initiate a development collaboration, the details of which are being discussed currently. “We are very proud that Pro-Lab Diagnostics has chosen to cooperat
ResMed Studies Show Remote Monitoring and Automated Resupply Improve Adherence to PAP Therapy22.5.2018 12:55 | Pressemelding
Remote patient monitoring and resupply programs have been shown to improve patient adherence to positive airway pressure (PAP) therapy, according to two separate studies presented by ResMed (NYSE: RMD, ASX: RMD) this week at the ATS 2018 International Conference. Remote monitoring boosts compliance In the first study, medXcloud, a ResMed-assembled group of healthcare key opinion leaders, examined de-identified data of more than 2.6 million U.S. PAP users from ResMed’s world-leading remote monitoring network, AirView. Using this big data approach, researchers observed excellent adherence among patients initiating PAP therapy: 75 percent achieved the CMS compliance threshold.* This rate compares very favorably with that of non-cloud-connected PAP therapy and other chronic medical therapies – both around 50 percent. Plus, the large sample suggests that the findings are generalizable and likely to reflect real-world clinical care. Resupply program boosts long-term compliance In a separate
FLIR Launches Radar and Thermal Products for Border Patrol and the Dismounted Warfighter22.5.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: FLIR) today announced the availability of three products for use by global militaries and government agencies including border patrol agents. These products include two FLIR Ranger® mid-range panel radars, one with airborne drone and ground target detection, and the Recon® V UltraLite thermal monocular. The products, unveiled at the Special Operations Forces Industry Conference (SOFIC) 2018 in Tampa, Florida, are part of FLIR’s Soldier Solutions family and demonstrate the company’s commitment to deliver the most advanced equipment to armed services personnel. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180522005421/en/ FLIR Ranger R8SS-3D drone-detecting radar can detect over 500 threats and their exact locations simultaneously (Photo: Business Wire) The FLIR Ranger R8SS-3D and R8SS radars, part of FLIR Ranger family of radars, offer mid-range detection capability for both fixed-based installat
Phil Brakewell Set to Lead WilsonHCG's Executive Search Efforts Across EMEA; Forbes Ranks WilsonHCG Among Best Executive Recruiting Firms22.5.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
WilsonHCG, global leader and premium provider of innovative talent solutions, further expands its Executive Search division with the appointment of Director Phil Brakewell. Phil, who brings more than 14 years of talent acquisition leadership experience and most recently served as Head of Executive Search for ResourceBank, will be responsible for leading WilsonHCG’s efforts in the EMEA region. Prior to joining ResourceBank, Phil held consultant and resourcing leadership positions at Hitchenor Wakeford and The Caudwell Group – where he was responsible for developing the business internationally and drove innovative search solutions on behalf of a diverse range of clients. “WilsonHCG’s reputation speaks for itself,” said Phil. “WilsonHCG tailors its key service offerings – including Executive Search – to suit individual client needs, and I am thrilled to be part of such a dedicated, innovative team. The new Director position, covering EMEA, demonstrates our commitment to both Executive Se