Shopify Announces Largest-Ever Collection of New Technologies to Advance Commerce
Today, Shopify Inc. (NYSE:SHOP)(TSX:SHOP), the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform, unveiled the latest in commerce technology at Unite, their annual conference that brings together their international developer community.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180508006118/en/
Tap & Chip Reader (Photo: Business Wire)
"We want to give a voice to all kinds of entrepreneurs around the world,” said Shopify CEO Tobi Lutke. “And that means making it easier for them to run a business and become successful. Unite is when we show the world our progress on this journey, and invite our developer and partner community to join us."
Product announcements focused on helping entrepreneurs in three key areas – selling more, working more efficiently, and making the most of the Shopify partner ecosystem.
Retail is not dead, it’s changing: making retail accessible to every merchant supports a thriving economy.
- Shopify POS is receiving significant upgrades for retail stores, including multi-channel returns and exchanges, in-store pickup, tipping options, a companion app for a customer-facing checkout experience, and a developer SDK.
- Introducing a brand new, premium Tap & Chip Reader to transform the in-store shopping experience by accepting all major contactless payments, including Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Retail specific features will be bundled with the standard Shopify Plan and above at no extra cost.
- The first-ever Shopify space is opening in 2018 to be a place retailers can visit to help grow their business. This space will be a permanent hub for the best of Shopify’s products, services, and new technology, and a source of support, inspiration, and education for retailers.
Marketing simplification: reducing the complexity of marketing to help business owners sell more.
- Announcing a new Marketing section in the Shopify dashboard that enables merchants to create, run, and measure all marketing campaigns using their favorite Shopify apps. Merchants will also receive detailed and actionable marketing recommendations, personalized for their products and store.
- Easy to use Buy One Get One (BOGO) & Quantity discounts join our growing list of promotional tools that allow retailers to apply discounts and incentives based on number of items purchased.
- Dynamic Checkout surfaces the consumer’s preferred payment method directly on the product page and allows transactions to happen with a single tap using Shopify Pay, Apple Pay, and many more wallets.
Redefining how work gets done: automating and simplifying the back office workflows.
- Locations, a new feature that allows retailers to manage inventory across multiple locations, creating a more streamlined fulfilment experience.
- Fraud Protect for Shopify Payments provides opt-in protection for orders processed via Shopify Payments against fraudulent chargebacks, allowing retailers to fulfill more orders with fewer delays.
- Starting this summer, all Shopify partners and developers will be able to teach Kit new skills, giving merchants access to support beyond marketing via Kit Skills .
- Shopify Ping , a brand new app designed to streamline and centralize business conversations and marketing activities. Shopify Ping will come with Kit, a virtual employee for our merchants, to help grow their businesses by planning, creating, and managing their marketing.
- Launching a beta program that offers native language capabilities for merchants in German, Japanese, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Italian.
- Introducing local payment options , allowing customers to pay using country-specific cashless payment methods, in addition to popular credit card and mobile payment options.
Powered by Partners: Shopify’s extended ecosystem is changing the face of retail.
- Shopify Services Marketplace will bring Partners and merchants closer together in a one-stop shop that allows merchants to access Partner expertise like website design, marketing, photography and more.
- The new Shopify App Store prioritizes discovery and generates personalized recommendations, enabling entrepreneurs to make better and faster decisions for their businesses.
- The entirety of the admin API will be GraphQL-powered, allowing Partners to leverage its speed and efficiency to build faster and more stable apps.
- Connectors for Shopify Flow enable any app to create proprietary triggers and actions to start and end automated workflows.
For more information, please visit https://unite.shopify.com/press.
Unite is Shopify’s annual commerce technology conference, bringing together the international developer community to celebrate shared accomplishments, forge new connections, and ignite the future of commerce. Unite provides partners with insight into the Shopify product roadmap, helping them focus their efforts on solving complex problems for today’s entrepreneurs. This year, partners and developers will learn more about the future of retail, the expansion of partner opportunities, and innovative new ways Shopify is powering entrepreneurs to make commerce better for everyone.
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 600,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Red Bull, Nestle, Rebecca Minkoff, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more.
This press release contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws (“forward-looking statements“), including statements with regard to the announcement and launch by Shopify of new products, services and offerings. Words such as “expects”, “will”, “anticipates” and “intends” or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to the inherent uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions and no assurance can be given that the launches will occur as and when planned. Shopify undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required by law.
Public Relations Manager
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Utimaco Cleared to Complete Acquisition of Atalla16.10.2018 06:55 | Pressemelding
Utimaco, the second largest global provider of Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) today announced it has received United States regulatory approval to complete its acquisition of the Atalla Hardware Security Module (HSM) and Enterprise Secure Key Manager (ESKM) business lines of Micro Focus. The transaction is due to close on November 5, 2018. “This is a significant milestone, and we look forward to bringing the Atalla team under the information security umbrella of Utimaco. After several changes of ownership, we are happy to offer Atalla a long-term home in our HSM and information security business,” said Utimaco CEO, Malte Pollmann. Read more: https://hsm.utimaco.com/news/utimaco-cleared-to-complete-acquisition-of-atalla About Utimaco Utimaco is a worldwide supplier of professional information security solutions and is based in Aachen, Germany with offices worldwide. Since 1983, Utimaco has been developing hardware-based, high-security appliances (Hardware Security Modules) and complia
PM Studios Partners with The Playgroundz Foundation to Develop New Blockchain Project16.10.2018 06:52 | Pressemelding
Software development and video game publisher PM Studios, partnered with the Playgroundz Foundation to help in the development of a new blockchain project. Playgroundz is best described as a “Google” for videogames. It is a platform for videogames and game related services. Playgroundz will be a gateway to a videogame database where developers and gamers can come and virtually do anything game related. We are simply creating a new gaming ecosystem where everything videogame related is decentralized and belongs solely to the players and developers. Playgroundz consists of an AI system, which takes advantage of Big Data and Machine Learning to specifically analyze the traits of users, Marketplace, which utilize Blockchain and Smart Contract in order to make Escrows safe and transparent, and Rewarded Community System, which is based on loyalty users. Based on optimized Machine Learning Algorithm, the analyzed data recommends users with new games, matches users automatically with buyer or
Kongsberg Digital and Alibaba Cloud to Explore Opportunities for Digitalizing the Energy Sector in China16.10.2018 06:06 | Pressemelding
China has taken a global number one position when it comes to investing in renewable energy sources. Digitalization is high on the country’s agenda when it comes to increased efficiency and transformed business models. To further promote that development, Kongsberg Digital and Alibaba Cloud, the cloud computing arm of Alibaba Group, have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to explore the opportunities provided by making KONGSBERG’s industrial digital platform, Kognifai, available on Alibaba Cloud’s infrastructure. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181015006030/en/ Simon Hu, Senior Vice President of Alibaba Group and President of Alibaba Cloud, and Hege Skryseth, Executive Vice President of KONGSBERG and President of Kongsberg Digital, signed an MoU to explore the opportunities to make KONGSBERG's industrial digital platform, Kognifai, available on Alibaba Cloud (Photo: Business Wire) “Bringing Kognifai to
GE’s AffinityTM: The first civil supersonic engine in 55 years – launching a new era of efficient supersonic flight15.10.2018 22:17 | Pressemelding
At a press conference with Aerion Corporation today, GE Aviation announced that it has completed the initial design of the first supersonic engine purpose-built for business jets. This new engine class, revealed today as GE’s AffinityTM turbofan, is optimized with proven GE technology for supersonic flight and timed to meet the Aerion AS2 launch. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181015005961/en/ The name “Affinity” was chosen because it reflects this engine class’ harmonious assemblage of GE’s commercial, non-civil and business aviation propulsion technologies to bring a true step-change in commercial supersonic propulsion. (Photo: Business Wire) The Affinity is a new class of medium bypass ratio engines that provide exceptional and balanced performance across supersonic and subsonic flights. The Affinity integrates a unique blend of proven military supersonic experience, commercial reliability and the most adv
IFF to Release Third Quarter 2018 Results November 515.10.2018 20:15 | Pressemelding
Regulatory News: International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) (TASE: IFF), a leading innovator of scent, taste, and nutrition, announced that it will release its third quarter 2018 earnings results following the market close on Monday, November 5, 2018. The management team will host a live webcast on Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. ET to discuss results and outlook with the investor community. Investors may access the live webcast and accompanying slide presentation on the Company's website at ir.iff.com. For those unable to listen to the live webcast, a recorded version will be made available for replay. Meet IFF International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) (TASE: IFF) is a leading innovator of scent, taste, and nutrition, with over 110 manufacturing facilities, 100 R&D centers, and 33,000 customers globally. At the heart of our company, we are fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly asking “what if?”. That passion for
Sumitomo SHI FW Wins Contract for Biomass CFB Boiler Island in South Korea15.10.2018 20:00 | Pressemelding
Sumitomo SHI FW (SFW) announces today that it has been awarded a contract by SK Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd. for design and supply of SMG Energy’s SMG Biomass Power Plant to be located in Gunsan City in the Republic of Korea. Commercial operation of the new plant is scheduled for December 2020. SFW will design and supply the 100 MWe CFB steam generator and auxiliary equipment for the boiler island. The CFB steam generator will be designed to burn 100% wood pellets, while meeting applicable environmental regulatory requirements. SFW has supplied over 30 CFB steam generators to South Korea and this is the fourth firing biomass as its primary fuel. Tomas Harju-Jeanty, CEO, Sumitomo SHI FW, said: “Both higher efficiency and the use of biomass in power generation can contribute significantly to reducing emissions of carbon dioxide. SFW’s CFB technology is a perfect solution to meet these market requirements. We are pleased to again be chosen to play a part in helping South Korea mee