Shopify Announces Largest-Ever Collection of New Technologies to Advance Commerce
Today, Shopify Inc. (NYSE:SHOP)(TSX:SHOP), the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform, unveiled the latest in commerce technology at Unite, their annual conference that brings together their international developer community.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180508006118/en/
Tap & Chip Reader (Photo: Business Wire)
"We want to give a voice to all kinds of entrepreneurs around the world,” said Shopify CEO Tobi Lutke. “And that means making it easier for them to run a business and become successful. Unite is when we show the world our progress on this journey, and invite our developer and partner community to join us."
Product announcements focused on helping entrepreneurs in three key areas – selling more, working more efficiently, and making the most of the Shopify partner ecosystem.
Retail is not dead, it’s changing: making retail accessible to every merchant supports a thriving economy.
- Shopify POS is receiving significant upgrades for retail stores, including multi-channel returns and exchanges, in-store pickup, tipping options, a companion app for a customer-facing checkout experience, and a developer SDK.
- Introducing a brand new, premium Tap & Chip Reader to transform the in-store shopping experience by accepting all major contactless payments, including Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Retail specific features will be bundled with the standard Shopify Plan and above at no extra cost.
- The first-ever Shopify space is opening in 2018 to be a place retailers can visit to help grow their business. This space will be a permanent hub for the best of Shopify’s products, services, and new technology, and a source of support, inspiration, and education for retailers.
Marketing simplification: reducing the complexity of marketing to help business owners sell more.
- Announcing a new Marketing section in the Shopify dashboard that enables merchants to create, run, and measure all marketing campaigns using their favorite Shopify apps. Merchants will also receive detailed and actionable marketing recommendations, personalized for their products and store.
- Easy to use Buy One Get One (BOGO) & Quantity discounts join our growing list of promotional tools that allow retailers to apply discounts and incentives based on number of items purchased.
- Dynamic Checkout surfaces the consumer’s preferred payment method directly on the product page and allows transactions to happen with a single tap using Shopify Pay, Apple Pay, and many more wallets.
Redefining how work gets done: automating and simplifying the back office workflows.
- Locations, a new feature that allows retailers to manage inventory across multiple locations, creating a more streamlined fulfilment experience.
- Fraud Protect for Shopify Payments provides opt-in protection for orders processed via Shopify Payments against fraudulent chargebacks, allowing retailers to fulfill more orders with fewer delays.
- Starting this summer, all Shopify partners and developers will be able to teach Kit new skills, giving merchants access to support beyond marketing via Kit Skills .
- Shopify Ping , a brand new app designed to streamline and centralize business conversations and marketing activities. Shopify Ping will come with Kit, a virtual employee for our merchants, to help grow their businesses by planning, creating, and managing their marketing.
- Launching a beta program that offers native language capabilities for merchants in German, Japanese, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Italian.
- Introducing local payment options , allowing customers to pay using country-specific cashless payment methods, in addition to popular credit card and mobile payment options.
Powered by Partners: Shopify’s extended ecosystem is changing the face of retail.
- Shopify Services Marketplace will bring Partners and merchants closer together in a one-stop shop that allows merchants to access Partner expertise like website design, marketing, photography and more.
- The new Shopify App Store prioritizes discovery and generates personalized recommendations, enabling entrepreneurs to make better and faster decisions for their businesses.
- The entirety of the admin API will be GraphQL-powered, allowing Partners to leverage its speed and efficiency to build faster and more stable apps.
- Connectors for Shopify Flow enable any app to create proprietary triggers and actions to start and end automated workflows.
For more information, please visit https://unite.shopify.com/press.
Unite is Shopify’s annual commerce technology conference, bringing together the international developer community to celebrate shared accomplishments, forge new connections, and ignite the future of commerce. Unite provides partners with insight into the Shopify product roadmap, helping them focus their efforts on solving complex problems for today’s entrepreneurs. This year, partners and developers will learn more about the future of retail, the expansion of partner opportunities, and innovative new ways Shopify is powering entrepreneurs to make commerce better for everyone.
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 600,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Red Bull, Nestle, Rebecca Minkoff, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more.
This press release contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws (“forward-looking statements“), including statements with regard to the announcement and launch by Shopify of new products, services and offerings. Words such as “expects”, “will”, “anticipates” and “intends” or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to the inherent uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions and no assurance can be given that the launches will occur as and when planned. Shopify undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required by law.
Public Relations Manager
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Traxens Gains Confidence of Tens of Top 500 Beneficial Cargo Owners20.2.2019 07:00:00 | Pressemelding
Traxens, expert in providing high-value data and services for the supply chain industry, today announces that it signed several contracts with some of the top 500 Beneficial Cargo Owners (BCO), including major companies such as BASF. Under the terms of the agreements, Traxens provides door-to-door data monitoring solutions for smart containers supplied by partnering shipping lines. BCOs are typically industrial companies importing and exporting large volumes of goods in containers. Traxens’ customers operate in various industries such as aeronautics, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, automotive and foods. These firms require cutting-edge data monitoring systems for easy and reliable management of stocks, actionable analytics and cost reductions. Traxens’ Supply Chain Diagnostic solution enables near real-time monitoring with custom alerts through its web application Traxens-Hub or direct back-end integration, as well as bespoke analysis of transportation performance, thus enabling process op
Sonitor® Technologies AS Spins-Out Forkbeard as Subsidiary and Establishes New Corporate Structure20.2.2019 07:00:00 | Pressemelding
The Board of Directors of Sonitor Technologies AS announced today that it is establishing Sonitor IPS Holding AS (Indoor Positioning Systems) and creating two subsidiaries; Sonitor Technologies AS and Forkbeard Technologies AS. Forkbeard Technologies will focus on the development of platform technologies for cloud-based, indoor positioning of mobile devices. Sonitor Technologies will continue to focus on the commercialization and expansion of the market leading Sonitor Sense™ platform and will partner in the commercialization of the Forkbeard™ technology platform in healthcare and other markets. “After careful consideration, the Board of Directors has determined that separating Sonitor into two independent entities will accelerate the growth and development of each and lead to greater shareholder value,” said Carl Christian Gilhuus-Moe, PhD, Executive Chairman, Sonitor Technologies AS. “The current Sonitor Board of Directors will continue as the board of directors for Sonitor IPS Holdi
Guidewire Software Announces Hexaware as New Consulting Alliance Partner19.2.2019 21:15:00 | Pressemelding
Hexaware Technologies, a fast growing automation-led, next generation provider of IT, BPO and consulting services, and Guidewire Software, Inc. (NYSE: GWRE), provider of the industry platform Property and Casualty (P&C) insurers rely upon, today announced that Hexaware has joined Guidewire PartnerConnect™ as a Consulting alliance member at the Select level. With over 20 years’ experience working with P&C insurers, Hexaware has developed value-add solution and technology offerings that enable insurers to rapidly adopt Guidewire InsuranceSuite™ and Guidewire Digital products, increasing speed to implementation, mitigating execution risk, and lowering costs. Hexaware has supported Guidewire customer success in APAC and EMEA and offers localized solutions for insurers in these regions. “Digital technology is disrupting the P&C insurance industry at an unprecedented rate, and insurers are leveraging market-leading platforms, such as Guidewire InsurancePlatform™, to deliver differentiated pr
IFF Acquires The Additive Advantage; Expands Scent, Taste, and Actives Delivery Capabilities19.2.2019 21:15:00 | Pressemelding
Regulatory News: International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE: IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) (TASE: IFF), has expanded and strengthened its innovation capabilities for scent, taste and active ingredients through the acquisition of The Additive Advantage (TAA), a company that develops novel technologies with diverse capabilities that span applications and industries. TAA has the expertise to develop the next-generation delivery systems technology platform that will enable the printing of flavors, fragrances, cosmetic and health & nutrition actives onto a variety of consumer products. IFF Chairman & CEO Andreas Fibig said, “The acquisition of TAA helps to expand our large portfolio of offerings to customers in a truly unique way – through print technology. With the expertise that this talented group of people brings under our roof, we envision taking delivery systems to a completely new level and ultimately enriching how consumers experience our customers’ products.” “We are genuinely exci
Rockwell Automation and Schlumberger Enter Joint Venture Agreement to Create Sensia, the Oil and Gas Industry’s First Fully Integrated Automation Solutions Provider19.2.2019 21:05:00 | Pressemelding
Rockwell Automation (NYSE: ROK), the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information, and Schlumberger (NYSE: SLB), the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry, announced today that they have entered into an agreement to create a new joint venture, Sensia, the first fully integrated digital oilfield automation solutions provider. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190219005851/en/ The transaction is expected to close, and the joint venture is expected to begin serving customers, in the summer of 2019, subject to regulatory approvals and other customary conditions. The Sensia joint venture will be the first fully integrated provider of measurement solutions, domain expertise, and automation to the oil and gas industry. It will offer scalable, cloud and edge-enabled process automation, includin
IDEMIA Will Present Its 2018 Annual Financial Results to Investors on February 20, 201919.2.2019 16:07:00 | Pressemelding
IDEMIA, the world leader in Augmented Identity, today announced that it will present its 2018 annual financial results to investors on Wednesday February 20, 2019. Yann Delabrière (CEO), Laurent Lemaire (CFO), and Frédéric Beylier (COO) will be presenting the financial results and taking questions the same day at 4:00 pm CET (3:00 pm London Time / 10:00 am New York Time). For more information, please refer to our website: http://investors.oberthur.com About IDEMIA IDEMIA, the global leader in Augmented Identity, provides a trusted environment enabling citizens and consumers alike to perform their daily critical activities (such as pay, connect, travel and vote), in the physical as well as digital space. Securing our identity has become mission critical in the world we live in today. By standing for Augmented Identity, an identity that ensures privacy and trust and guarantees secure, authenticated and verifiable transactions, we reinvent the way we think, produce, use and protect one of