PureCircle and North Carolina Farmers Soon Harvest Company’s First Commercial StarleafTM Stevia Crop Grown in the U.S.
Follows Successful Growing Season With Partner Farmers
CHICAGO, Sept. 27, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PureCircle (LSE: PURE), the world’s leading producer and innovator of stevia sweeteners, and its North Carolina farmer partners are about to harvest the company’s first commercial-scale crop of Starleaf™ stevia grown in the U.S. PureCircle’s proprietary Starleaf stevia contains more of the best-tasting stevia sweeteners, such as Reb M, than other stevia plant variants. Fortunately, the North Carolina farms growing the Starleaf stevia plants were not damaged by Hurricane Florence which tragically ravaged some areas of the Carolinas.
Following successful Starleaf stevia plot trials in North Carolina in 2017, PureCircle and a number of farmers in the state increased the amount of acreage dedicated to stevia by tenfold this year. The quality and yield of that Starleaf stevia met PureCircle’s standards. As a result, PureCircle plans to increase significantly the acreage used to grow stevia in the U.S. over the next two to three years.
The North Carolina program is enabling PureCircle to broaden and diversify its supply chain by increasing the amount of Starleaf stevia grown in different areas around the globe and throughout the year. This gives food and beverage companies further confidence to launch global brands with PureCircle’s best-tasting stevia leaf sweeteners like Reb M.
The North Carolina farming partnerships have provided innovations for both PureCircle and the farmers. The work in North Carolina has yielded advances for the company’s stevia agronomy program, including how to adapt growing stevia plants to different regions of the world. In addition, the mechanization of farming – and advances from this program – are particularly important in North Carolina to maintain a sustainable economic crop.
PureCircle’s North Carolina farming partnerships are also helping farmers productively and profitably utilize acreage that once grew tobacco.
Commenting on the North Carolina Stevia farming initiative, PureCircle CEO Maga Malsagov said:
“Our partnerships in North Carolina will significantly increase our supply of Starleaf stevia plants grown in North America and thereby geographically diversify our stevia plant supply. We plan to increase the North Carolina program next year and again in future years. We currently have three strong farming partnerships in North Carolina, and we expect to bring many more farmers into our program.” He added: “We could not be more pleased with this year’s results.”
PureCircle recently announced advances which enable it to supply significantly more Reb M for the food and beverage industry. The Company produces Reb M both directly from Starleaf stevia plants, like the ones being grown in North Carolina, and from other stevia sweeteners in the plants. In the latter case, PureCircle starts with purified stevia leaf extract with low Reb M content and by adding an enzyme, the maturation to Reb M is completed just as the leaf does itself.
The recent advances now enable PureCircle to significantly boost production of the stevia sweeteners which have the most sugar-like taste and which are most sought after by beverage and food companies. PureCircle’s two-front innovation enables the company to provide its best-tasting stevia sweeteners in significant quantities and cost effectively for its customers.
As the result of its innovation, research and development work with stevia, PureCircle has been granted an array of stevia-related patents. These patents – plus additional applied for patents — cover a wide range of stevia-related products and processes which play a role across PureCircle’s vertically integrated supply chain.
For more information on PureCircle's North Carolina farming partnerships, please see: https://youtu.be/dnb3uS3JpMo
For more information on PureCircle, please see: www.purecircle.com
Media may direct inquiries to:
Carolyn Clark, Director of Global Marketing
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 1 (630) 517 0812
Jackson Pillow, Media Relations Manager
Email: Jackson.Pillow@purecircle.com Phone: +1 630 256 8394
- PureCircle combines advanced R&D with full vertical integration from farm to high-quality, great-tasting innovative stevia sweeteners.
- The Company collaborates with farmers who grow the stevia plants and with food and beverage companies which seek to improve their low- and no-calorie formulations using a sweetener from plants.
- PureCircle will continue to: lead in research, development and innovation; produce a growing supply of multiple varieties of stevia sweeteners with sugar-like taste, using all necessary and appropriate methods of production; and be a resource and innovation partner for food and beverage companies.
- PureCircle stevia flavor modifiers work in synergy with sweeteners to improve the taste, mouthfeel and calorie profile, and enhance the cost effectiveness, of beverage and food products.
- Founded in 2002, PureCircle is continually investing in breakthrough research and development and it currently has more than 100 stevia-related granted patents and more than 250 patents pending globally.
- PureCircle has offices around the world with the global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois.
- To meet growing demand for stevia sweeteners, PureCircle is rapidly ramping up its supply capability. It completed expansion of its Malaysian stevia extract facility in March 2017, increasing its capacity to rapidly supply the newer and great-tasting stevia sweeteners and helping provide ever-increasing value to its customers.
- PureCircle's shares are listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- For more information, visit: www.purecircle.com
- Given the growing global concerns about obesity and diabetes, beverage and food companies are working responsibly to reduce sugar and calories in their products, responding to both consumers and health and wellness advocates. Sweeteners from the stevia plant offer sugar-like taste and are becoming an increasingly important tool for these companies.
- Like sugar, stevia sweeteners are from plants. But unlike sugar, they enable low-calorie and zero-calorie formulations of beverages and foods.
- Stevia leaf extract is a natural, zero calorie, high-intensity sweetener, used by global food and beverage companies as a great-tasting zero-calorie alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners.
- Stevia is a naturally sweet plant native to South America; today, it is grown around the world, notably in Kenya, China and the US.
- The sweet-tasting parts of the stevia leaf are up to 400 times sweeter than sugar: stevia's high-intensity sweetness means it requires far less water and land than sugar.
- Research has shown that the molecules of the stevia leaf are present and unchanged in the dried stevia leaf, through the commercial extraction and purification process, and in the final stevia leaf extract product. Many major global regulatory organisations, across 65 countries, have approved the use of high-purity stevia leaf extracts in food and beverages.
- For more information on the science of stevia, please visit https://www.purecirclesteviainstitute.com/
Photos accompanying this announcement are available at:
Om Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
+1 212 401 8700http://www.nasdaqomx.com
NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
TESARO Announces Data Presentations at ESMO 2018 Congress20.10.2018 07:30 | Pressemelding
Data presented indicate that TSR-042 (anti-PD-1 antibody) is well tolerated and has robust activity in patients with MSI-H endometrial cancer PRIMA safety data for individualized niraparib dose regimen presented Top-line results for PRIMA trial of niraparib in first-line ovarian cancer regardless of biomarker status expected in late 2019 MUNICH, Germany, Oct. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- TESARO, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSRO), an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company, today summarized updated Phase 1 GARNET data of TSR-042 (anti-PD-1 antibody) in patients with recurrent or advanced microsatellite instability high (MSI-H) endometrial cancer presented during the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Congress. Blinded, pooled interim safety data from the Phase 3 PRIMA trial of niraparib in patients with first-line ovarian cancer regardless of biomarker status were also presented in a poster discussion session and additional data from the QUADRA trial of niraparib for treatment of late-li
The Navigators Group, Inc. Announces Expiration of Hart-Scott-Rodino Waiting Period for Proposed Merger19.10.2018 22:01 | Pressemelding
STAMFORD, Conn., Oct. 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Navigators Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:NAVG) (“Navigators” or the “Company”) announced today that the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended (the “HSR Act”), in connection with its previously announced merger with a direct wholly owned subsidiary (“Merger Sub”) of The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. (“The Hartford”), expired at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 18, 2018. The expiration of the waiting period under the HSR Act satisfies one of the conditions to the closing of the merger, which remains subject to other closing conditions in the Agreement and Plan of Merger, dated as of August 22, 2018, by and among the Company, The Hartford and Merger Sub. About Navigators The Navigators Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: NAVG) (“Navigators” or the “Company”) is a global specialty insurance holding company. We provide customized insurance solutions designed to protect clients from the complex risk
ATTO Technology introduces the XstreamCORE® FC 7600 32Gb Fibre Channel to 12Gb SAS Hardware Accelerated Storage Controller19.10.2018 15:00 | Pressemelding
AMHERST, N.Y., Oct. 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ATTO Technology, Inc., a global leader of storage, network connectivity and infrastructure solutions for data-intensive computing environments for 30 years, announces availability of the ATTO XstreamCORE® FC 7600 storage controller. ATTO XstreamCORE FC 7600 is a standalone, accelerated storage controller that connects any external SAS device, such as a JBOD of HDDs or SSDs, a RAID array or external tape devices, and presents them isolated to individual hosts or shared over a Fibre Channel SAN fabric. It includes ATTO exclusive technologies, ATTO xCORE hardware acceleration processor and ATTO intelligent Bridging Architecture™, that combine to keep latency astonishingly low at three microseconds. For less than the price of a performance server, XstreamCORE FC 7600 enables up to 64 Fibre Channel connected clients to remotely access and share up to 240 SAS/SATA SSD or HDD devices via JBOD or JBOF at direct attached speeds with consistent, d
Biome Grow Introduces PEI Brand, Red Sands Craft Cannabis Co.19.10.2018 13:30 | Pressemelding
TORONTO, Oct. 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Biome Grow Inc. (“Biome” or the “Company”) (CSE:BIO) (FSE:6OTA) is pleased to introduce its fifth subsidiary company and brand, Red Sands Craft Cannabis Co. (“Red Sands”). Red Sands is located in Prince Edward Island (PEI) and will service both the local and tourist markets in that province with locally produced and regionally grown cannabis products. The Red Sands Craft Cannabis Co. brand reflects PEI’s iconic red sand beaches and the craft goods and services that are produced locally. Visually, it balances the vibrant, energetic colours with the calm nature that PEI is known for, setting the stage for the tailored cannabis products that Red Sands will offer. Though the smallest Canadian province both in terms of land area and population, with approximately 153,000 residents living on the Island, the province has a robust tourism industry. In 2017, the province set records with more than 1,000,000 overnight stays, by an estimated 1.56 million
CORRECTION - Elite Petro & Gas broadens financial services and signs a deal with Tabarak Investment Capital Limited18.10.2018 23:35 | Pressemelding
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Oct. 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today the President of Elite Petro & Gas, Mr. George Matharu and the President of Tabarak Investment Capital Limited (Investment Bank), Dr. Mohamed Ahmadi announced a deal in which the two companies will use their combined resources to execute physical commodity trades, and provide banking and finance facilities for oil and gas transactions. The alliance between the two entities will also allow compliance related activities to be carried out from two major international hubs of London and Dubai. This increases the international presence of both companies. Additionally, Elite Petro & Gas (“EPG”) has recently formed relationships with the owners of a number of high profile European, South American and Chinese projects, which EPG and Tabarak can work on together. Tabarak Investment Capital Limited is a regulated investment bank by Dubai Financial Services Authority and incorporated in the Dubai International Financial Centre.
Partnership Between Zaiput Flow Technologies and ThalesNano Set to Improve Process Intensification18.10.2018 15:21 | Pressemelding
BUDAPEST, Hungary and WALTHAM, Mass., Oct. 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zaiput Flow Technologies, a global leader in separation, and ThalesNano, the world leader in bench-top flow chemistry reactors, recently signed a distribution agreement and entered into a technology partnership that exploits the benefits of their combined technologies. Under the distribution Zaiput liquid-liquid phase separators and back pressure regulators are available via ThalesNano in Europe and a number of other countries on a non-exclusive basis, either separately or as part of a bundled offering with ThalesNano’s own microflow reactors. Within the framework of the technology partnership the companies will collaborate to promote adoption of the combined use of their technologies. “We are very excited to work with ThalesNano to offer better-integrated flow chemistry systems to our customers and streamline the work of both novice and experienced users in the flow chemistry space,” said Zaiput CEO, Dr. Andrea Ad
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom