PureCircle and North Carolina Farmers Soon Harvest Company’s First Commercial StarleafTM Stevia Crop Grown in the U.S.
Follows Successful Growing Season With Partner Farmers
CHICAGO, Sept. 27, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PureCircle (LSE: PURE), the world’s leading producer and innovator of stevia sweeteners, and its North Carolina farmer partners are about to harvest the company’s first commercial-scale crop of Starleaf™ stevia grown in the U.S. PureCircle’s proprietary Starleaf stevia contains more of the best-tasting stevia sweeteners, such as Reb M, than other stevia plant variants. Fortunately, the North Carolina farms growing the Starleaf stevia plants were not damaged by Hurricane Florence which tragically ravaged some areas of the Carolinas.
Following successful Starleaf stevia plot trials in North Carolina in 2017, PureCircle and a number of farmers in the state increased the amount of acreage dedicated to stevia by tenfold this year. The quality and yield of that Starleaf stevia met PureCircle’s standards. As a result, PureCircle plans to increase significantly the acreage used to grow stevia in the U.S. over the next two to three years.
The North Carolina program is enabling PureCircle to broaden and diversify its supply chain by increasing the amount of Starleaf stevia grown in different areas around the globe and throughout the year. This gives food and beverage companies further confidence to launch global brands with PureCircle’s best-tasting stevia leaf sweeteners like Reb M.
The North Carolina farming partnerships have provided innovations for both PureCircle and the farmers. The work in North Carolina has yielded advances for the company’s stevia agronomy program, including how to adapt growing stevia plants to different regions of the world. In addition, the mechanization of farming – and advances from this program – are particularly important in North Carolina to maintain a sustainable economic crop.
PureCircle’s North Carolina farming partnerships are also helping farmers productively and profitably utilize acreage that once grew tobacco.
Commenting on the North Carolina Stevia farming initiative, PureCircle CEO Maga Malsagov said:
“Our partnerships in North Carolina will significantly increase our supply of Starleaf stevia plants grown in North America and thereby geographically diversify our stevia plant supply. We plan to increase the North Carolina program next year and again in future years. We currently have three strong farming partnerships in North Carolina, and we expect to bring many more farmers into our program.” He added: “We could not be more pleased with this year’s results.”
PureCircle recently announced advances which enable it to supply significantly more Reb M for the food and beverage industry. The Company produces Reb M both directly from Starleaf stevia plants, like the ones being grown in North Carolina, and from other stevia sweeteners in the plants. In the latter case, PureCircle starts with purified stevia leaf extract with low Reb M content and by adding an enzyme, the maturation to Reb M is completed just as the leaf does itself.
The recent advances now enable PureCircle to significantly boost production of the stevia sweeteners which have the most sugar-like taste and which are most sought after by beverage and food companies. PureCircle’s two-front innovation enables the company to provide its best-tasting stevia sweeteners in significant quantities and cost effectively for its customers.
As the result of its innovation, research and development work with stevia, PureCircle has been granted an array of stevia-related patents. These patents – plus additional applied for patents — cover a wide range of stevia-related products and processes which play a role across PureCircle’s vertically integrated supply chain.
For more information on PureCircle's North Carolina farming partnerships, please see: https://youtu.be/dnb3uS3JpMo
For more information on PureCircle, please see: www.purecircle.com
Media may direct inquiries to:
Carolyn Clark, Director of Global Marketing
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 1 (630) 517 0812
Jackson Pillow, Media Relations Manager
Email: Jackson.Pillow@purecircle.com Phone: +1 630 256 8394
- PureCircle combines advanced R&D with full vertical integration from farm to high-quality, great-tasting innovative stevia sweeteners.
- The Company collaborates with farmers who grow the stevia plants and with food and beverage companies which seek to improve their low- and no-calorie formulations using a sweetener from plants.
- PureCircle will continue to: lead in research, development and innovation; produce a growing supply of multiple varieties of stevia sweeteners with sugar-like taste, using all necessary and appropriate methods of production; and be a resource and innovation partner for food and beverage companies.
- PureCircle stevia flavor modifiers work in synergy with sweeteners to improve the taste, mouthfeel and calorie profile, and enhance the cost effectiveness, of beverage and food products.
- Founded in 2002, PureCircle is continually investing in breakthrough research and development and it currently has more than 100 stevia-related granted patents and more than 250 patents pending globally.
- PureCircle has offices around the world with the global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois.
- To meet growing demand for stevia sweeteners, PureCircle is rapidly ramping up its supply capability. It completed expansion of its Malaysian stevia extract facility in March 2017, increasing its capacity to rapidly supply the newer and great-tasting stevia sweeteners and helping provide ever-increasing value to its customers.
- PureCircle's shares are listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- For more information, visit: www.purecircle.com
- Given the growing global concerns about obesity and diabetes, beverage and food companies are working responsibly to reduce sugar and calories in their products, responding to both consumers and health and wellness advocates. Sweeteners from the stevia plant offer sugar-like taste and are becoming an increasingly important tool for these companies.
- Like sugar, stevia sweeteners are from plants. But unlike sugar, they enable low-calorie and zero-calorie formulations of beverages and foods.
- Stevia leaf extract is a natural, zero calorie, high-intensity sweetener, used by global food and beverage companies as a great-tasting zero-calorie alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners.
- Stevia is a naturally sweet plant native to South America; today, it is grown around the world, notably in Kenya, China and the US.
- The sweet-tasting parts of the stevia leaf are up to 400 times sweeter than sugar: stevia's high-intensity sweetness means it requires far less water and land than sugar.
- Research has shown that the molecules of the stevia leaf are present and unchanged in the dried stevia leaf, through the commercial extraction and purification process, and in the final stevia leaf extract product. Many major global regulatory organisations, across 65 countries, have approved the use of high-purity stevia leaf extracts in food and beverages.
- For more information on the science of stevia, please visit https://www.purecirclesteviainstitute.com/
Photos accompanying this announcement are available at:
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Følg saker fra GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra GlobeNewswire
BrandSafway™ Announces Acquisition of Century Elevators22.2.2019 20:00:00 | Pressemelding
Enhances motorized access capabilities in industrial and commercial construction markets throughout the Gulf Coast and beyond Kennesaw, Georgia, USA, Feb. 22, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- KENNESAW, Georgia; February 22, 2019 – In a move to expand its motorized capabilities and offer a full suite of access technologies throughout the Gulf Coast, Brand Safway is pleased to announce the acquisition of Century Elevators, effective February 22, 2019. The leading rack and pinion elevator specialist in North America, Century Elevators provides construction and industrial elevators, material hoists, and transport platforms in the Gulf Coast region and beyond. Century Elevators is also the exclusive distributor of PEGA Hoist Ltd. products throughout North America and Böcker Maschinenwerke GmbH (Boecker) equipment in the United States. “Century Elevators is a very welcome addition to BrandSafway,” said Dave Witsken, president of Energy and Industrial at BrandSafway. “With the outstanding experience
Open Compute Project Announces Updated Market Forecast22.2.2019 16:39:00 | Pressemelding
Open Source Foundation Exceeds 2018 Forecast for Non-Board Member Adoption, Tops $2.56 billion and expected to surpass $10 billion by 2022. Austin, Texas, Feb. 22, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Open Compute Project Foundation (OCP) announces today the high level results of a follow up assessment of the market impact of the Open Compute Project worldwide. For a second year, OCP has engaged IHS Markit, a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, to determine the adoption and impact of OCP gear in the technology industry. Since its inception, OCP has worked to drive innovation in and around the data center industry, bringing together thousands of engineers from nearly two hundred member organizations. The demands on the modern datacenter continue to expand with the growth of IOT, security and edge computing, as well as increasing energy consumption requirements. IHS Markit interviewed OCP members, suppliers and service providers, as well as incorporated their own in-de
Magna Announces Fourth Quarter and 2018 Results and Raises Quarterly Cash Dividend by 11%22.2.2019 11:00:00 | Pressemelding
Fourth Quarter 2018 Highlights Record fourth quarter sales of $10.1 billion up 5% from the fourth quarter of 2017 Cash from operations of $1.6 billion Returned $585 million to shareholders through share repurchases and dividends Raised quarterly cash dividend by 11% to $0.365 per share Full Year 2018 Highlights Record sales of $40.8 billion, up 12% from 2017 Record diluted earnings per share of $6.61, an increase of 13% Record cash from operations of $3.7 billion Returned approximately $2.3 billion to shareholders through share repurchases and dividends AURORA, Ontario, Feb. 22, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Magna International Inc. (TSX: MG; NYSE: MGA) today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2018. THREE MONTHS ENDED DECEMBER 31, YEAR ENDED DECEMBER 31, 2018 2017 (2) 2018 2017 (2) Reported Sales $ 10,137 $ 9,684 $ 40,827 $ 36,588 Income from operations before income taxes $ 607 $ 765 $ 2,951 $ 2,985 Net income attributable to Magna International I
IMImobile announces integration of WhatsApp Business solution into its enterprise cloud communications platform IMIconnect22.2.2019 10:37:00 | Pressemelding
The WhatsApp Business solution will be made available across its enterprise cloud communications platform IMIconnect allowing businesses to launch business-to-consumer communications on WhatsApp LONDON, Feb. 22, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global cloud communications software and solutions provider IMImobile PLC, today announced the integration of the WhatsApp Business solution into its enterprise cloud communications platform IMIconnect. The WhatsApp Business solution enables businesses to connect with over 1.5 billion users in a simple, reliable, and private way across 180 countries worldwide. As a WhatsApp Business solution provider, the IMIconnect platform will enable enterprises to seamlessly integrate the WhatsApp Business solution into their customer communications strategies, and drive engagement through intelligent and context-aware messaging. “We are excited to announce the integration of the WhatsApp Business solution today in our IMIconnect platform. We understand that today’s
Nordic Innovators Cloudstreet and Domos Partner to Deliver an End-to-End, Application-Aware 5G Experience to the Home22.2.2019 09:00:00 | Pressemelding
Cloudstreet’s carrier-grade API and Network Slicing platform with Domos’ Machine Learning Solution for home networks delivers intelligent connectivity out of the box Barcelona, Spain., Feb. 22, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Finland’s Cloudstreet, the US-patented Network Slicing Company, and Norway’s Domos, a leader in Machine Learning technologies for the smart home, are pleased to announce that they have teamed up to create the industry’s first end-to-end, intelligent application and context-aware network slicing solution for home networks. The solution will be on display February 25-28 at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona in Hall 5, stand 5C41. A perfect example of MWC’s aspirational theme, “Intelligent Connectivity”, the solution closes the loop on delivering a 5G experience to fixed wireless home networks. The combined technologies solve two key, last-mile problems that have plagued mobile-enabled home networks: 1) How to build application-awareness into the network without comprom
General Electric Company: Doc re. GE Files Form 8-K22.2.2019 08:00:00 | Pressemelding
FAIRFIELD, Conn., Feb. 22, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Company General Electric Company ISIN US3696041033 Symbol London: GEC | Paris: GNE Headline Doc re: GE files Form 8-K February 21, 2019 On February 21, 2019, General Electric Company (the "Company") filed a Form 8-K with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), which has been submitted to RNS. It is also available on the SEC's website at http://www.sec.gov and on the Company's website at https://www.ge.com/investor-relations/events-reports. http://www.rns-pdf.londonstockexchange.com/rns/8048Q_1-2019-2-21.pdf CONTACT: GE Jennifer Erickson +001 646 682 5620 email@example.com This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit