PureCircle and North Carolina Farmers Soon Harvest Company’s First Commercial StarleafTM Stevia Crop Grown in the U.S.
Follows Successful Growing Season With Partner Farmers
CHICAGO, Sept. 27, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PureCircle (LSE: PURE), the world’s leading producer and innovator of stevia sweeteners, and its North Carolina farmer partners are about to harvest the company’s first commercial-scale crop of Starleaf™ stevia grown in the U.S. PureCircle’s proprietary Starleaf stevia contains more of the best-tasting stevia sweeteners, such as Reb M, than other stevia plant variants. Fortunately, the North Carolina farms growing the Starleaf stevia plants were not damaged by Hurricane Florence which tragically ravaged some areas of the Carolinas.
Following successful Starleaf stevia plot trials in North Carolina in 2017, PureCircle and a number of farmers in the state increased the amount of acreage dedicated to stevia by tenfold this year. The quality and yield of that Starleaf stevia met PureCircle’s standards. As a result, PureCircle plans to increase significantly the acreage used to grow stevia in the U.S. over the next two to three years.
The North Carolina program is enabling PureCircle to broaden and diversify its supply chain by increasing the amount of Starleaf stevia grown in different areas around the globe and throughout the year. This gives food and beverage companies further confidence to launch global brands with PureCircle’s best-tasting stevia leaf sweeteners like Reb M.
The North Carolina farming partnerships have provided innovations for both PureCircle and the farmers. The work in North Carolina has yielded advances for the company’s stevia agronomy program, including how to adapt growing stevia plants to different regions of the world. In addition, the mechanization of farming – and advances from this program – are particularly important in North Carolina to maintain a sustainable economic crop.
PureCircle’s North Carolina farming partnerships are also helping farmers productively and profitably utilize acreage that once grew tobacco.
Commenting on the North Carolina Stevia farming initiative, PureCircle CEO Maga Malsagov said:
“Our partnerships in North Carolina will significantly increase our supply of Starleaf stevia plants grown in North America and thereby geographically diversify our stevia plant supply. We plan to increase the North Carolina program next year and again in future years. We currently have three strong farming partnerships in North Carolina, and we expect to bring many more farmers into our program.” He added: “We could not be more pleased with this year’s results.”
PureCircle recently announced advances which enable it to supply significantly more Reb M for the food and beverage industry. The Company produces Reb M both directly from Starleaf stevia plants, like the ones being grown in North Carolina, and from other stevia sweeteners in the plants. In the latter case, PureCircle starts with purified stevia leaf extract with low Reb M content and by adding an enzyme, the maturation to Reb M is completed just as the leaf does itself.
The recent advances now enable PureCircle to significantly boost production of the stevia sweeteners which have the most sugar-like taste and which are most sought after by beverage and food companies. PureCircle’s two-front innovation enables the company to provide its best-tasting stevia sweeteners in significant quantities and cost effectively for its customers.
As the result of its innovation, research and development work with stevia, PureCircle has been granted an array of stevia-related patents. These patents – plus additional applied for patents — cover a wide range of stevia-related products and processes which play a role across PureCircle’s vertically integrated supply chain.
For more information on PureCircle's North Carolina farming partnerships, please see: https://youtu.be/dnb3uS3JpMo
For more information on PureCircle, please see: www.purecircle.com
Media may direct inquiries to:
Carolyn Clark, Director of Global Marketing
Email: email@example.com Phone: 1 (630) 517 0812
Jackson Pillow, Media Relations Manager
Email: Jackson.Pillow@purecircle.com Phone: +1 630 256 8394
- PureCircle combines advanced R&D with full vertical integration from farm to high-quality, great-tasting innovative stevia sweeteners.
- The Company collaborates with farmers who grow the stevia plants and with food and beverage companies which seek to improve their low- and no-calorie formulations using a sweetener from plants.
- PureCircle will continue to: lead in research, development and innovation; produce a growing supply of multiple varieties of stevia sweeteners with sugar-like taste, using all necessary and appropriate methods of production; and be a resource and innovation partner for food and beverage companies.
- PureCircle stevia flavor modifiers work in synergy with sweeteners to improve the taste, mouthfeel and calorie profile, and enhance the cost effectiveness, of beverage and food products.
- Founded in 2002, PureCircle is continually investing in breakthrough research and development and it currently has more than 100 stevia-related granted patents and more than 250 patents pending globally.
- PureCircle has offices around the world with the global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois.
- To meet growing demand for stevia sweeteners, PureCircle is rapidly ramping up its supply capability. It completed expansion of its Malaysian stevia extract facility in March 2017, increasing its capacity to rapidly supply the newer and great-tasting stevia sweeteners and helping provide ever-increasing value to its customers.
- PureCircle's shares are listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- For more information, visit: www.purecircle.com
- Given the growing global concerns about obesity and diabetes, beverage and food companies are working responsibly to reduce sugar and calories in their products, responding to both consumers and health and wellness advocates. Sweeteners from the stevia plant offer sugar-like taste and are becoming an increasingly important tool for these companies.
- Like sugar, stevia sweeteners are from plants. But unlike sugar, they enable low-calorie and zero-calorie formulations of beverages and foods.
- Stevia leaf extract is a natural, zero calorie, high-intensity sweetener, used by global food and beverage companies as a great-tasting zero-calorie alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners.
- Stevia is a naturally sweet plant native to South America; today, it is grown around the world, notably in Kenya, China and the US.
- The sweet-tasting parts of the stevia leaf are up to 400 times sweeter than sugar: stevia's high-intensity sweetness means it requires far less water and land than sugar.
- Research has shown that the molecules of the stevia leaf are present and unchanged in the dried stevia leaf, through the commercial extraction and purification process, and in the final stevia leaf extract product. Many major global regulatory organisations, across 65 countries, have approved the use of high-purity stevia leaf extracts in food and beverages.
- For more information on the science of stevia, please visit https://www.purecirclesteviainstitute.com/
Photos accompanying this announcement are available at:
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Følg saker fra GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra GlobeNewswire
Constellation Brands CEO Bill Newlands Signs CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion Pledge20.6.2019 15:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
VICTOR, N.Y., June 20, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Constellation Brands, Inc. (NYSE: STZ and STZ.B), a leading beverage alcohol company, announced today that that Bill Newlands, president and chief executive officer, is joining CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ - the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace. The CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion recognizes that change often happens when there’s support at the executive level. More than 600 CEOs of the world’s leading companies and business organizations are leveraging their voices to advance diversity and inclusion in the workplace by placing individual accountability on all—leaders and employees—to create inclusive environments. “At Constellation, we work hard to foster an inclusive culture that is characterized by diversity in background and thought, and that reflects our consumers and the communities where we live and work,” said Newlands. “Signing the CEO Action for Diversit
Radient Technologies Inc. Provides Update on Progress of Cannabis and Hemp Extraction Facilities and Issues Shares for Services20.6.2019 13:30:00 CEST | Pressemelding
EDMONTON, Alberta, June 20, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Radient Technologies Inc. (“Radient” or the “Company”) (TSX Venture: RTI; OTCQX: RDDTF) is pleased to announce it has awarded the mandate for the second phase of the construction of its Edmonton III manufacturing facility to Fillmore Construction Management Inc. (“Fillmore”). Construction is well underway, with footings and foundation work having been completed, and the structural component of the building now in progress and on schedule. Fillmore was selected by Radient due to its extensive previous experience developing food processing and GMP approved manufacturing plants. Edmonton III is Radient’s expanded capacity cannabis and hemp processing line that is expected to have a total annual throughput capacity of 280,000 kg/year of cannabis, and 2,800,000 kg/year of hemp upon completion in calendar 2020. Radient completed its first commercial extraction run for Aurora Cannabis Inc. (“Aurora”) (TSX: ACB; NYSE: ACB) in May 2019 at its
TeraRecon Receives First-of-Kind FDA Determination20.6.2019 11:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
DURHAM, N.C., June 20, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Advanced visualization and artificial intelligence (AI) technology provider, TeraRecon, today announced it has successfully completed an FDA regulatory review of its Northstar™ AI Results Explorer, for which the technology and the determination are both firsts-of-kind in the medical imaging industry. Northstar is designed to work alongside the company’s EnvoyAI™ interoperability platform which includes FDA-cleared 3rd party content listed on its EnvoyAI Exchange marketplace. The Northstar determination letter reinforces the company’s commitment to regulatory and quality standards along with transparency in the field of medical imaging artificial intelligence. The Northstar AI Results Explorer provides an engaging physician user experience which can be integrated into the clinical systems already used throughout the health enterprise. Now with full commercial availability, Northstar can provide physicians an important way to accept, reject
Appian Named A Leader in Digital Process Automation for Deep Deployments Report by Independent Research Firm19.6.2019 16:28:00 CEST | Pressemelding
RESTON, Va, June 19, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Appian (NASDAQ: APPN) today announced it has been named a leader in “The Forrester Wave™: Software For Digital Process Automation For Deep Deployments, Q2 2019” report (“DPA Deep”). In Forrester’s four market segments for rapid application development, DPA Deep platforms “excel at the high end of process complexity but may also be the right solution to meet the needs for a wide-deployment, low-code standard” in an organization. In Forrester’s evaluation, Appian tied for the top score in the Current Offering category (including criteria for user experience development tools; process and flow design; digital decisioning, and robotic process automation). Appian also received among the second-highest scores in the Strategy category (including criteria like vision and strategy, commercial model, partners and training, community, and marketplace). The report notes that “Appian is a low-code vendor that thrives in complex process environments.” Th
Seaborn Networks announces new IP & Ethernet Services for Brazil and U.S. market19.6.2019 14:30:00 CEST | Pressemelding
BOSTON, June 19, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Seaborn Networks (“Seaborn”), a leading developer-owner-operator of subsea fiber optic cable systems, today announced that it will be delivering industry leading performance with new IP Service offerings comprising of diverse Ethernet Service and IP Service solutions addressing the market’s demand for rapidly deployed and highly stable global Ethernet & IP based needs between North and South America. IP Service offerings will include IP Transit, Remote Peering, Cloud Connect and Enterprise DIA solutions. Seaborn’s IP Services are offered under a minimal commitment with the ability to utilize additional bandwidth on a pay-as-you-use basis. Seaborn’s Ethernet Service offerings include E-Line, E-LAN and E-Tree capabilities with options for protected service depending on the Class of Service (CoS) selected. Industry leading SLA’s are provided on all IP and Ethernet services. “In today’s fast paced, highly complex communications environment, busines
Standard Lithium Announces Positive Preliminary Economic Assessment and Upgrading of Mineral Resource at Its Southern Arkansas Lithium Brine Project19.6.2019 09:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, June 19, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Standard Lithium Ltd. (“Standard Lithium” or the “Company”) (TSXV: SLL) (OTCQX: STLHF) (FRA: S5L), is pleased to announce the results of a Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) of its 150,000 acre project in the south-central region of Arkansas, USA (the “Property”). The PEA considers the production of battery-quality lithium carbonate through a phased build-out to a total 20,900 tonnes per annum (tpa) from the contemplated joint venture with Lanxess Corp. (see press release dated November 12, 2018) at their three-operating bromine-processing plants. The PEA also includes the reclassification of the existing mineral resource to an Indicated category. The PEA was prepared by Advisian, the consulting arm of WorleyParsons Canada Services Ltd (Worley), a world-leading integrated engineering firm with extensive experience in the design and construction of chemical plants and lithium brine processing projects around the globe. Ke