PureCircle and North Carolina Farmers Soon Harvest Company’s First Commercial StarleafTM Stevia Crop Grown in the U.S.
Follows Successful Growing Season With Partner Farmers
CHICAGO, Sept. 27, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PureCircle (LSE: PURE), the world’s leading producer and innovator of stevia sweeteners, and its North Carolina farmer partners are about to harvest the company’s first commercial-scale crop of Starleaf™ stevia grown in the U.S. PureCircle’s proprietary Starleaf stevia contains more of the best-tasting stevia sweeteners, such as Reb M, than other stevia plant variants. Fortunately, the North Carolina farms growing the Starleaf stevia plants were not damaged by Hurricane Florence which tragically ravaged some areas of the Carolinas.
Following successful Starleaf stevia plot trials in North Carolina in 2017, PureCircle and a number of farmers in the state increased the amount of acreage dedicated to stevia by tenfold this year. The quality and yield of that Starleaf stevia met PureCircle’s standards. As a result, PureCircle plans to increase significantly the acreage used to grow stevia in the U.S. over the next two to three years.
The North Carolina program is enabling PureCircle to broaden and diversify its supply chain by increasing the amount of Starleaf stevia grown in different areas around the globe and throughout the year. This gives food and beverage companies further confidence to launch global brands with PureCircle’s best-tasting stevia leaf sweeteners like Reb M.
The North Carolina farming partnerships have provided innovations for both PureCircle and the farmers. The work in North Carolina has yielded advances for the company’s stevia agronomy program, including how to adapt growing stevia plants to different regions of the world. In addition, the mechanization of farming – and advances from this program – are particularly important in North Carolina to maintain a sustainable economic crop.
PureCircle’s North Carolina farming partnerships are also helping farmers productively and profitably utilize acreage that once grew tobacco.
Commenting on the North Carolina Stevia farming initiative, PureCircle CEO Maga Malsagov said:
“Our partnerships in North Carolina will significantly increase our supply of Starleaf stevia plants grown in North America and thereby geographically diversify our stevia plant supply. We plan to increase the North Carolina program next year and again in future years. We currently have three strong farming partnerships in North Carolina, and we expect to bring many more farmers into our program.” He added: “We could not be more pleased with this year’s results.”
PureCircle recently announced advances which enable it to supply significantly more Reb M for the food and beverage industry. The Company produces Reb M both directly from Starleaf stevia plants, like the ones being grown in North Carolina, and from other stevia sweeteners in the plants. In the latter case, PureCircle starts with purified stevia leaf extract with low Reb M content and by adding an enzyme, the maturation to Reb M is completed just as the leaf does itself.
The recent advances now enable PureCircle to significantly boost production of the stevia sweeteners which have the most sugar-like taste and which are most sought after by beverage and food companies. PureCircle’s two-front innovation enables the company to provide its best-tasting stevia sweeteners in significant quantities and cost effectively for its customers.
As the result of its innovation, research and development work with stevia, PureCircle has been granted an array of stevia-related patents. These patents – plus additional applied for patents — cover a wide range of stevia-related products and processes which play a role across PureCircle’s vertically integrated supply chain.
For more information on PureCircle's North Carolina farming partnerships, please see: https://youtu.be/dnb3uS3JpMo
For more information on PureCircle, please see: www.purecircle.com
Media may direct inquiries to:
Carolyn Clark, Director of Global Marketing
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 1 (630) 517 0812
Jackson Pillow, Media Relations Manager
Email: Jackson.Pillow@purecircle.com Phone: +1 630 256 8394
- PureCircle combines advanced R&D with full vertical integration from farm to high-quality, great-tasting innovative stevia sweeteners.
- The Company collaborates with farmers who grow the stevia plants and with food and beverage companies which seek to improve their low- and no-calorie formulations using a sweetener from plants.
- PureCircle will continue to: lead in research, development and innovation; produce a growing supply of multiple varieties of stevia sweeteners with sugar-like taste, using all necessary and appropriate methods of production; and be a resource and innovation partner for food and beverage companies.
- PureCircle stevia flavor modifiers work in synergy with sweeteners to improve the taste, mouthfeel and calorie profile, and enhance the cost effectiveness, of beverage and food products.
- Founded in 2002, PureCircle is continually investing in breakthrough research and development and it currently has more than 100 stevia-related granted patents and more than 250 patents pending globally.
- PureCircle has offices around the world with the global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois.
- To meet growing demand for stevia sweeteners, PureCircle is rapidly ramping up its supply capability. It completed expansion of its Malaysian stevia extract facility in March 2017, increasing its capacity to rapidly supply the newer and great-tasting stevia sweeteners and helping provide ever-increasing value to its customers.
- PureCircle's shares are listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- For more information, visit: www.purecircle.com
- Given the growing global concerns about obesity and diabetes, beverage and food companies are working responsibly to reduce sugar and calories in their products, responding to both consumers and health and wellness advocates. Sweeteners from the stevia plant offer sugar-like taste and are becoming an increasingly important tool for these companies.
- Like sugar, stevia sweeteners are from plants. But unlike sugar, they enable low-calorie and zero-calorie formulations of beverages and foods.
- Stevia leaf extract is a natural, zero calorie, high-intensity sweetener, used by global food and beverage companies as a great-tasting zero-calorie alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners.
- Stevia is a naturally sweet plant native to South America; today, it is grown around the world, notably in Kenya, China and the US.
- The sweet-tasting parts of the stevia leaf are up to 400 times sweeter than sugar: stevia's high-intensity sweetness means it requires far less water and land than sugar.
- Research has shown that the molecules of the stevia leaf are present and unchanged in the dried stevia leaf, through the commercial extraction and purification process, and in the final stevia leaf extract product. Many major global regulatory organisations, across 65 countries, have approved the use of high-purity stevia leaf extracts in food and beverages.
- For more information on the science of stevia, please visit https://www.purecirclesteviainstitute.com/
Photos accompanying this announcement are available at:
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Følg saker fra GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra GlobeNewswire
RCI Banque S.A.: Post Stabilisation Notice18.12.2018 15:55 | Pressemelding
PARIS, Dec. 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 18th December 2018 RCI Banque S.A. Post Stabilisation Notice HSBC (contact: Syndicate desk, telephone: +44 207 992 8066) hereby gives notice that no stabilisation (within the meaning of the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority) was undertaken in relation to RCI Banque S.A. GBP Fixed due 30th Oct 2023 because the transaction did not complete. Issuer: RCI Banque S.A. Guarantor (if any): NA Aggregate nominal amount: GBP Benchmark Description: Fixed due 30th Oct 2023 Offer price: na Stabilising Managers: HSBC, Lloyds, Natwest This announcement is for information purposes only and does not constitute an invitation or offer to underwrite, subscribe for or otherwise acquire or dispose of any securities of the Issuer in any jurisdiction. This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and condit
The North American Bitcoin Conference Stands Out as One of 2019’s Most Important Worldwide Crypto Events18.12.2018 15:35 | Pressemelding
MIAMI, Dec. 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- via CryptoCurrencyWire – 2019 will kick off with what has become widely accepted as one of the most important blockchain conferences of the year. The North American Bitcoin Conference, sponsored by Keynote and part of the World Blockchain Forum, will take place Jan. 16-18, 2019, at the James L. Knight Center in Miami, Florida. This premier crypto conference, now in its seventh year, will draw cryptocurrency and blockchain leaders from all across the globe as they come together for this historical event. The North American Bitcoin Conference is the longest-running, most-attended finance conference for the blockchain and crypto industries, with each event attracting thousands of attendees. The 2019 conference will feature a lineup of more than 60 world-class presenters, including technology veterans and company founders who have collectively raised more than $18.1 billion in initial coin offerings (ICOs). Speakers that have been announced thus far
Inspirata Subsidiary, Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (AIM), Signs Contract with the National Cancer Institute (NCI) to Use Its E-Path Reporter Software for Reporting by U.S. Central Cancer Registries18.12.2018 15:06 | Pressemelding
The NCI has licensed AIM’s E-Path Reporter software for the last 15 years to provide an automated solution that enables cancer registries to more efficiently collect and report cancer incidence and survival data. Toronto, CA, Dec. 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Artificial Intelligence In Medicine Inc. (AIM), an Inspirata company, announced today that the National Cancer Institute (NCI) has extended its license agreement for AIM’s E-Path Reporter software. The software has been licensed for use within the SEER (Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results) program, for 14 central registries and 286 major reporting hospitals and laboratories across the U.S. NCI supports cancer data collection and research through the SEER program and publishes cancer statistics for 20 U.S. geographic areas. The NCI requires participating cancer registries to collect data on cancer patient demographics, primary tumor site, tumor morphology and disease stage at diagnosis. The registries also must report on fir
Crown Bioscience Creates Center of Excellence for Bioinformatics, Big Data, and Biomarker Discovery Services18.12.2018 14:30 | Pressemelding
Services and Capacity Increase with New Site Opening SAN DIEGO, Dec. 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Crown Bioscience, a global drug discovery and development services company providing translational platforms to advance oncology, inflammation, cardiovascular and metabolic disease research, has recently announced the expansion of its existing translational oncology research capacity by opening a new site in Suzhou, Jiangsu, China. The large amount of data now available from preclinical and clinical research requires specialized expertise in bioinformatics, big data analysis and dedicated storage facilities. CrownBio’s new site will focus on integrating the company’s experience in preclinical and translational research with cutting-edge digital technologies for the discovery of predictive biomarkers and the development of new and companion diagnostics. The Suzhou site will become CrownBio’s center of excellence for systems biology and clinical sample testing. Located at the heart of the Bi
Family of Constant-Current Dimmable Buck LED Drivers18.12.2018 11:00 | Pressemelding
1.5A, 3A Buck LED Drivers Target ISO26262 automotive and industrial applications MILPITAS, Calif., Dec. 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AMS, the Analog Mixed-Signal division of ISSI, has introduced a family of switching buck LED Drivers for automotive and industrial applications. This family of highly integrated switching constant current buck LED Drivers are targeted for 12V/24V battery connected, space-constrained, electromagnetic (EMC) sensitive applications such as Headlight, Front and Rear Fog lights, Day time Running lights to name a few. The device family supports a wide DC voltage input range of 4.5V to 38V and outputs a 5% regulated current of 1.5A or 3A; depending on the particular device, see table. The integrated power MOSFET is configured to switch in the constant on-time mode delivering true average current. Switching at a frequency of up to 2MHz which is adjustable with an external resistor, these buck LED Drivers can use smaller output inductor and capacitor values thereby
John Charman Appointed Chief Executive Officer of Sompo Holdings Overseas Insurance Business and Nigel Frudd Appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Sompo International18.12.2018 10:13 | Pressemelding
Mr. Charman and Mr. Frudd to Join Sompo Holdings New Global Executive Committee PEMBROKE, Bermuda, Dec. 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sompo International Holdings Ltd. (Sompo International), a Bermuda-based specialty provider of property and casualty insurance and reinsurance, announced today that effective April 1, 2019, Mr. John Charman, currently Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer of Sompo International, will be promoted to Chief Executive Officer of Overseas Insurance Business in Sompo Holdings, Inc. (Sompo Holdings). This segment of Sompo Holdings’ business currently represents more than 27% of Sompo Holdings Group’s adjusted profit, employing around 9,000 people in 30 countries and regions and is projected to have more than $10 billion in gross premiums by 2020. In such capacity, Mr. Charman will join the new Global Executive Committee of Sompo Holdings (Global ExCo) which will be established in April 2019 to provide expertise and input on group-wide st