PureCircle and Merisant Renew Stevia Supply Agreement
Leading Tabletop Sweetener Company Will Increase Its Purchases of Great-Tasting Ingredients From Top Global Stevia Supplier
CHICAGO, May 16, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PureCircle (LSE: PURE), the world’s leading producer and innovator of stevia sweeteners, has entered into a new stevia supply agreement with Merisant, one of the world’s leading producers of low- and zero-calorie tabletop sweeteners for consumers. This new and expanded partnership will help to ensure Merisant’s long-term supply of the best-tasting stevia ingredients. Merisant has been a partner and customer of PureCircle for the last ten years. Merisant’s sweetener products are sold in more than 90 countries worldwide.
This new agreement focuses on the supply to Merisant of PureCircle’s next generation stevia sweetener ingredients like Reb M. PureCircle announced last year that it significantly increased its capacity to supply Reb M to consumer product companies. PureCircle’s Reb M is a next generation zero-calorie sweetener from the stevia leaf with sugar-like taste.
Merisant’s new and innovative tabletop sweeteners include: Canderel and Equal with Stevia; PureVia; and Whole Earth. Both PureVia and Whole Earth use PureCircle’s next generation stevia. Packets of Whole Earth and PureVia carry the PureCircle trustmark. Whole Earth and PureVia products are available in coffee shops across the U.S. and Europe, including Starbucks stores, as well as in other restaurants and retailers.
In addition to being served in restaurants, tabletop sweeteners are sold broadly in supermarkets and other retail stores where Whole Earth, PureVia, and Canderel and Equal with Stevia are posting double-digit sales gains.
This new agreement between PureCircle and Merisant makes Merisant one of the leading customers for PureCircle’s next generation stevia sweeteners. Our collaboration continues to introduce consumers around the world to the best tasting stevia in the industry.
Commenting on the new and expanded Merisant partnership, PureCircle CEO Maga Malsagov said:
“Merisant is a key partner for PureCircle. Merisant is a terrific company with terrific products. Merisant’s innovative, natural sweetening solutions provide consumers with the best-tasting stevia leaf ingredients available in the marketplace today. This new agreement will benefit both companies, assuring Merisant an expanded supply of next generation stevia sweeteners and assuring PureCircle a growing stream of sales to Merisant for its great-tasting stevia ingredients. This agreement is further testament to the quality of our next generation leaf and to our growing role as the resource and innovation partner for food and beverage companies globally.”
Commenting on the PureCircle partnership, Albert Manzone, CEO Merisant Company, Flavors Holdings Inc., and MAFCO said:
“Our partnership with PureCircle over the past decade has provided Merisant access to the best stevia leaf ingredients available. As consumers continue to search for natural products and opportunities to reduce sugar, our brands strive to bring the best tasting stevia products at the best value to the market. We are excited to continue our partnership in bringing the next generation of stevia to the consumer, and helping to give consumers more and better options to live a healthier lifestyle without sacrificing taste.”
By way of background, the story of stevia is evolving. Not long ago, it was viewed as a plant-based, zero-calorie, single-ingredient sweetener which worked well in some beverage and food applications. Today PureCircle offers a range of next generation stevia leaf sweeteners, including Reb M, which have no calories and which taste great and work well across a wide range of categories. These sweeteners help consumer product companies increase their offerings of great-tasting zero- and low-calorie products using plant-based sweeteners, to help respond to evolving consumer tastes.
PureCircle has significantly boosted production of our next generation stevia sweeteners – like Reb M — which have the most sugar-like taste and are highly sought after by consumer product companies. PureCircle is able to supply stevia sweeteners at a cost and scale to meet the growing demands and applications for its best tasting stevia leaf ingredients. PureCircle works with, and supplies, a broad range of leading consumer product companies in multiple markets around the world.
Media may direct inquiries to:
Carolyn Clark, Head of Global Marketing
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +1 (630) 517 0812
Jackson Pillow, Media Relations Manager
Email: email@example.com Phone: +1 (630) 256 8394
- PureCircle is the only company that combines advanced R&D with full vertical integration from farm to high-quality, great-tasting innovative stevia sweeteners.
- The Company collaborates with farmers who grow the stevia plants and with food and beverage companies which seek to improve their low- and no-calorie formulations using a sweetener from plants.
- PureCircle will continue to: lead in research, development and innovation; produce a growing supply of multiple varieties of stevia sweeteners with sugar-like taste, using all necessary and appropriate methods of production; and be a resource and innovation partner for food and beverage companies.
- PureCircle stevia flavor modifiers work in synergy with sweeteners to improve the taste, mouthfeel and calorie profile, and enhance the cost effectiveness, of beverage and food products.
- Founded in 2002, PureCircle is continually investing in breakthrough research and development and it has been granted over 130 stevia-related patents with more than 250 applied for patents pending.
- PureCircle has offices around the world with the global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois.
- To meet growing demand for stevia sweeteners, PureCircle is rapidly ramping up its supply capability. It completed expansion of its Malaysian stevia extract facility in March 2017, increasing its capacity to rapidly supply the newer and great-tasting specialty stevia sweeteners and helping provide ever-increasing value to its customers.
- PureCircle's shares are listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- For more information, visit: www.purecircle.com
- Given the growing global concerns about obesity and diabetes, beverage and food companies are working responsibly to reduce sugar and calories in their products, responding to both consumers and health and wellness advocates. Sweeteners from the stevia plant offer sugar-like taste and are becoming an increasingly important tool for these companies.
- Like sugar, stevia sweeteners are from plants. But unlike sugar, they enable low-calorie and zero-calorie formulations of beverages and foods.
- Stevia leaf extract is a natural-based, zero calorie, high-intensity sweetener, used by global food and beverage companies as a great-tasting zero-calorie alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners.
- Stevia is a naturally sweet plant native to South America; today, it is grown around the world, notably in Kenya, China and the US.
- The sweet-tasting parts of the stevia leaf are up to 350 times sweeter than sugar: stevia's high-intensity sweetness means it requires far less water and land than sugar.
- Research has shown that the molecules of the stevia leaf are present and unchanged in the dried stevia leaf, through the commercial extraction and purification process, and in the final stevia leaf extract product. All major global regulatory organisations, across 65 countries, have approved the use of high-purity stevia leaf extracts in food and beverages.
- For more information on the science of stevia, please visit https://www.purecirclesteviainstitute.com/
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
SDRL – Seadrill Limited Announces Contract Award for the West Gemini17.7.2019 22:35:00 CEST | Press release
Hamilton, Bermuda, July 17, 2019 - Seadrill Limited ("Seadrill" or "the Company") has secured a nine well contract with three options, each for two wells, for the West Gemini in West Africa. Total contract value for the firm portion of the contract is expected to be approximately $84 million with commencement expected in early Q4 2019 and running through Q4 2020. FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS This news release includes forward looking statements. Such statements are generally not historical in nature, and specifically include statements about the Company's plans, strategies, business prospects, changes and trends in its business, the markets in which it operates and its restructuring efforts. These statements are made based upon management's current plans, expectations, assumptions and beliefs concerning future events impacting the Company and therefore involve a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or imp
GrandVision confirms HAL and EssilorLuxotica are engaged in discussions on a possible sale of controlling interest of HAL in GrandVision17.7.2019 18:45:00 CEST | Press release
Schiphol, The Netherlands - 17 July 2019. GrandVision NV (Euronext: GVNV) confirms that it has been approached by EssilorLuxottica SA (Euronext: EL) and HAL Holding NV (Euronext: HAL) in connection with a possible sale of HAL’s 76.72% ownership interest in GrandVision to EssilorLuxottica at an envisaged purchase price per share of approximately EUR28.00. At this stage it is uncertain whether an agreement between EssilorLuxottica and HAL will be reached. While a transaction would be between HAL and EssilorLuxottica, GrandVision’s support has been requested. Completion of a sale of HAL’s ownership interest in GrandVision would be subject to customary conditions including approval from relevant regulatory authorities in various jurisdictions, which may take between 12 and 24 months. Following completion of the transaction between HAL and EssilorLuxottica, EssilorLuxottica will make a (mandatory) public offer for all shares in GrandVision. Further announcements will be made if and when req
Solutions 30 : 79.8% revenue growth in the first half of 201917.7.2019 18:00:00 CEST | Press release
79.8% revenue growth in the first half of 2019 France: revenue up 74.4% Other countries: revenue up 90.3% Reliable, cash-generating model Solutions 30 SE, the European leader in solutions for new technologies, today disclosed its revenue for the first half of 2019 . In millions of euros (Unaudited figures) HY Q2 2019 2018 % change 2019 2018 % change Total 317.8 176.7 +79.8% 157.4 91.5 +72.1% From France 202.8 116.3 +74.4% 101.5 59.5 +70.6% From other countries 115.0 60.4 +90.3% 55.9 32.0 +74.7% Sustained growth trend continues Solutions 30 maintains its high growth trajectory, disclosing revenues of €317.8 million for the first half of 2019, a 79.8% increase (36.9% of which was organic growth1). For the 2nd quarter alone, revenue increased by 72.1%, reaching €157.4 million. Organic growth represented 32.3%. The group continues to demonstrate the relevance of its positioning and strategy in markets driven by the economy’s digital transformation and major technology groups’ outsourcing o
ObsEva Hosts KOL Meeting on IVF Trends, Unmet Need and Market Potential of Nolasiban17.7.2019 18:00:00 CEST | Press release
Company remains on track to submit Nolasiban MAA in the fourth quarter of 2019 GENEVA, Switzerland and BOSTON, MA - July 17, 2019 – ObsEva SA (NASDAQ: OBSV / SIX: OBSN), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapeutics for serious conditions that compromise a woman’s reproductive health and pregnancy, today hosted a key opinion leader (KOL) meeting in New York City on in-vitro fertilization (IVF). At the event, three KOLs in women’s reproductive health along with company executives discussed trends in IVF, including current practice trends toward Day 5 embryo transfer, and the merits of single-embryo transfer (SET) vs. double embryo transfer (DET). Further, event participants discussed the potential clinical importance of nolasiban, ObsEva’s oral oxytocin receptor antagonist, to significantly improve the live birth rate (LBR) resulting from ET, and address the high physical, emotional and financial pain associated with fa
Bizagi goes from Stealth to Hyper Growth Delivering Digital Transformation for World Leading Brands17.7.2019 18:00:00 CEST | Press release
From Adidas and Audi to Ikea and the U.S. government, Bizagi’s unique Intelligent Process Automation helping organizations harness the power of RPA and AI to speed transformation SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 17, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bizagi, the world’s leading Intelligent Process Automation platform provider, today announced significant growth in the U.S. and abroad driven by its success enabling digital transformation for world leading brands such as DHL, Gap, Citizens Bank, AON and numerous U.S. government agencies including the Departments of Agriculture, Defense, Energy, HHS, Homeland Security and many others. Bizagi’s growth is based on enterprise adoption of its unique Intelligent Process Automation, enabling companies to better leverage digital and robotic processes, along with artificial intelligence, to improve customer interaction, speed operations and build revenue. This news follows the company’s recognition last month as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Software for Digit
EnBW International Finance B.V.: Half-yearly report17.7.2019 17:00:00 CEST | Press release
EnBW International Finance B.V.: Half-yearly report 2019 In accordance with the Transparency Directive (Directive 2004/109/EC), as amended by the Transparency Directive Amending Directive (Directive 2013/50/EU), and following the choice of EnBW International Finance B.V. for The Netherlands as Home Member State, EnBW International Finance B.V. hereby informs that the half-year financial reports for the period 1 January 2019 till 30 June 2019 have been filed on 17 July 2019 with the Autoriteit Financiële Markten (AFM) in The Netherlands and are available on the internet site: https://www.enbw.com/unternehmen/investoren/news-und-publikationen/publikationen/