PureCircle and Merisant Renew Stevia Supply Agreement
Leading Tabletop Sweetener Company Will Increase Its Purchases of Great-Tasting Ingredients From Top Global Stevia Supplier
CHICAGO, May 16, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PureCircle (LSE: PURE), the world’s leading producer and innovator of stevia sweeteners, has entered into a new stevia supply agreement with Merisant, one of the world’s leading producers of low- and zero-calorie tabletop sweeteners for consumers. This new and expanded partnership will help to ensure Merisant’s long-term supply of the best-tasting stevia ingredients. Merisant has been a partner and customer of PureCircle for the last ten years. Merisant’s sweetener products are sold in more than 90 countries worldwide.
This new agreement focuses on the supply to Merisant of PureCircle’s next generation stevia sweetener ingredients like Reb M. PureCircle announced last year that it significantly increased its capacity to supply Reb M to consumer product companies. PureCircle’s Reb M is a next generation zero-calorie sweetener from the stevia leaf with sugar-like taste.
Merisant’s new and innovative tabletop sweeteners include: Canderel and Equal with Stevia; PureVia; and Whole Earth. Both PureVia and Whole Earth use PureCircle’s next generation stevia. Packets of Whole Earth and PureVia carry the PureCircle trustmark. Whole Earth and PureVia products are available in coffee shops across the U.S. and Europe, including Starbucks stores, as well as in other restaurants and retailers.
In addition to being served in restaurants, tabletop sweeteners are sold broadly in supermarkets and other retail stores where Whole Earth, PureVia, and Canderel and Equal with Stevia are posting double-digit sales gains.
This new agreement between PureCircle and Merisant makes Merisant one of the leading customers for PureCircle’s next generation stevia sweeteners. Our collaboration continues to introduce consumers around the world to the best tasting stevia in the industry.
Commenting on the new and expanded Merisant partnership, PureCircle CEO Maga Malsagov said:
“Merisant is a key partner for PureCircle. Merisant is a terrific company with terrific products. Merisant’s innovative, natural sweetening solutions provide consumers with the best-tasting stevia leaf ingredients available in the marketplace today. This new agreement will benefit both companies, assuring Merisant an expanded supply of next generation stevia sweeteners and assuring PureCircle a growing stream of sales to Merisant for its great-tasting stevia ingredients. This agreement is further testament to the quality of our next generation leaf and to our growing role as the resource and innovation partner for food and beverage companies globally.”
Commenting on the PureCircle partnership, Albert Manzone, CEO Merisant Company, Flavors Holdings Inc., and MAFCO said:
“Our partnership with PureCircle over the past decade has provided Merisant access to the best stevia leaf ingredients available. As consumers continue to search for natural products and opportunities to reduce sugar, our brands strive to bring the best tasting stevia products at the best value to the market. We are excited to continue our partnership in bringing the next generation of stevia to the consumer, and helping to give consumers more and better options to live a healthier lifestyle without sacrificing taste.”
By way of background, the story of stevia is evolving. Not long ago, it was viewed as a plant-based, zero-calorie, single-ingredient sweetener which worked well in some beverage and food applications. Today PureCircle offers a range of next generation stevia leaf sweeteners, including Reb M, which have no calories and which taste great and work well across a wide range of categories. These sweeteners help consumer product companies increase their offerings of great-tasting zero- and low-calorie products using plant-based sweeteners, to help respond to evolving consumer tastes.
PureCircle has significantly boosted production of our next generation stevia sweeteners – like Reb M — which have the most sugar-like taste and are highly sought after by consumer product companies. PureCircle is able to supply stevia sweeteners at a cost and scale to meet the growing demands and applications for its best tasting stevia leaf ingredients. PureCircle works with, and supplies, a broad range of leading consumer product companies in multiple markets around the world.
Media may direct inquiries to:
Carolyn Clark, Head of Global Marketing
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +1 (630) 517 0812
Jackson Pillow, Media Relations Manager
Email: email@example.com Phone: +1 (630) 256 8394
- PureCircle is the only company that combines advanced R&D with full vertical integration from farm to high-quality, great-tasting innovative stevia sweeteners.
- The Company collaborates with farmers who grow the stevia plants and with food and beverage companies which seek to improve their low- and no-calorie formulations using a sweetener from plants.
- PureCircle will continue to: lead in research, development and innovation; produce a growing supply of multiple varieties of stevia sweeteners with sugar-like taste, using all necessary and appropriate methods of production; and be a resource and innovation partner for food and beverage companies.
- PureCircle stevia flavor modifiers work in synergy with sweeteners to improve the taste, mouthfeel and calorie profile, and enhance the cost effectiveness, of beverage and food products.
- Founded in 2002, PureCircle is continually investing in breakthrough research and development and it has been granted over 130 stevia-related patents with more than 250 applied for patents pending.
- PureCircle has offices around the world with the global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois.
- To meet growing demand for stevia sweeteners, PureCircle is rapidly ramping up its supply capability. It completed expansion of its Malaysian stevia extract facility in March 2017, increasing its capacity to rapidly supply the newer and great-tasting specialty stevia sweeteners and helping provide ever-increasing value to its customers.
- PureCircle's shares are listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- For more information, visit: www.purecircle.com
- Given the growing global concerns about obesity and diabetes, beverage and food companies are working responsibly to reduce sugar and calories in their products, responding to both consumers and health and wellness advocates. Sweeteners from the stevia plant offer sugar-like taste and are becoming an increasingly important tool for these companies.
- Like sugar, stevia sweeteners are from plants. But unlike sugar, they enable low-calorie and zero-calorie formulations of beverages and foods.
- Stevia leaf extract is a natural-based, zero calorie, high-intensity sweetener, used by global food and beverage companies as a great-tasting zero-calorie alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners.
- Stevia is a naturally sweet plant native to South America; today, it is grown around the world, notably in Kenya, China and the US.
- The sweet-tasting parts of the stevia leaf are up to 350 times sweeter than sugar: stevia's high-intensity sweetness means it requires far less water and land than sugar.
- Research has shown that the molecules of the stevia leaf are present and unchanged in the dried stevia leaf, through the commercial extraction and purification process, and in the final stevia leaf extract product. All major global regulatory organisations, across 65 countries, have approved the use of high-purity stevia leaf extracts in food and beverages.
- For more information on the science of stevia, please visit https://www.purecirclesteviainstitute.com/
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Følg saker fra GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra GlobeNewswire
Biome Grow Inc. to Announce First Quarter Fiscal 2019 Financial Results.24.5.2019 19:08:00 CEST | Pressemelding
TORONTO, May 24, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Biome Grow Inc. (“Biome” or the “Company”) (CSE:BIO, OTCQB: BIOIF, 6OTA:GR) will release its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2019 before market open on May 29, 2019. Following the release of its first quarter 2019 financial results, Biome will host a conference call and audio webcast with Khurram Malik, CEO at 8:30am Eastern Time May 29, 2019. Webcast information A live audio webcast will be available at https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/2015980/CEAD1B37BDD7710D021A38D2B79B5C45 Calling Information Toll Free Dial-In Number: 1 (866) 211 3199 International Dial-In Number (647) 689 6601 Conference ID 8693906 About Biome Biome wholly owns five subsidiaries, including: The Back Home Medical Cannabis Corporation, a company incorporated under the laws of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador and in the late stages of applying for a license under the Cannabis Act; Great Lakes Cannabis, a company incorporated under the laws of the
Jason Lamb of Gates Foundation Named New Chair of CGAP’s Executive Committee24.5.2019 17:04:00 CEST | Pressemelding
CGAP CEO calls for renewed focus on retail credit to support growth and jobs for the poor Beirut, Lebanon, May 24, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Jason Lamb from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, was elected chair of the Executive Committee for The Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP) at its annual meeting on Wednesday. Lamb will succeed Carolina Trivelli, senior researcher at the Instituto de Estudios Peruanos and Peru’s former Minister of Development and Social Inclusion. Under Trivelli’s leadership CGAP adopted its new five-year strategy and theory of change that places empowering the poor through financial services to capture opportunities and build resilience at the heart of CGAP’s work. At the Gates Foundation, Lamb is Deputy Director, Financial Services for the Poor (FSP) and manages focus country implementation in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda. He has served on CGAP’s Executive Committee, which functions like a board of directors prov
Gainsight Unveils the Customer Cloud, the Future of Customer Success Technology23.5.2019 19:30:00 CEST | Pressemelding
New Products Announced at Pulse 2019 to Drive Customer Success Across the Enterprise SAN FRANCISCO, May 23, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today, Gainsight® launched the Customer Cloud —a first-of-its-kind solution for subscription businesses looking to adopt a customer-centric philosophy that enables them to retain customers while also driving company growth post-sale. According to the 2018 Subscription Economy Index report, subscription companies are growing five times faster than S&P and retail sales. The Gainsight Customer Cloud caters to these businesses by combining the company’s Customer Success and Product Experience products with three new product innovations to offer a powerful set of solutions for businesses to optimize their subscription strategies through technology. “With the maturity of cloud technology and the subscription economy, customer expectations have drastically changed. Companies are struggling to leverage existing tools to satisfy the increasing demands of their cus
Lowered Return Expectations Among Several Trends Pointing to a Shift in Private Markets Due Diligence says New eVestment Survey23.5.2019 15:30:00 CEST | Pressemelding
ATLANTA, May 23, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Private markets funds have continued to rake in new commitments from institutional investors eager to diversify their portfolios and capture the returns private markets investments can offer. However, investors are now tempering their private markets return expectations. Coupled with other industry trends, this will have implications for private markets fundraising and due diligence according to a new eVestment report, produced in association with parent company Nasdaq. The 2019 eVestment Private Markets Due Diligence Survey of institutional investors, consultants and private markets fund managers finds that 52% of investors expect returns in the space to decline in the future (page 16). Only 12% of investors expected private equity returns to increase, with the balance – 36% – expecting returns to stay about the same. Forty-seven percent of investors surveyed expect to see lower returns in venture capital vs. just 16% of investors who expect r
Collibra Announces 2019 Excellence Awards Winners23.5.2019 15:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
American Express, Deloitte, and Lloyds Banking Group recognized as leaders in harnessing data to drive digital transformation NEW YORK, May 23, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Collibra, the leader in enterprise data governance and catalog software, today announced the winners of the 2019 Collibra Excellence Awards. Presented at the annual Data Citizens conference in New York, the awards honor teams and individuals driving innovative data strategy by collaborating with Collibra. “In today’s market, organizations that are able to maximize data have the power to transform entire industries,” said Felix Van de Maele, co-founder and CEO of Collibra. “We’re proud to honor the recipients of the Collibra Excellence Awards, a cutting-edge group at the forefront of data-driven innovation.” The 2019 Collibra Excellence Award Winners: American Express — Distinguished Data Program of the Year American Express was recognized for its data governance transformation, which began as a compliance initiative and
XBiotech Announces Plan to Launch Randomized Phase 2b Study of Bermekimab in Hidradenitis Suppurativa23.5.2019 14:20:00 CEST | Pressemelding
AUSTIN, Texas, May 23, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- XBiotech (NASDAQ: XBIT) announced plans to advance its dermatology program for its true human antibody bermekimab with the launch of a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled, Phase 2b clinical study in patients with moderate to severe Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS). This Phase 2b study will evaluate safety and efficacy of bermekimab at different subcutaneous doses compared with placebo. The study will further evaluate efficacy of bermekimab in HS and guide dosing strategies for the anticipated Phase 3 registration study. The Company expects the first patient to be enrolled during the third quarter of 2019. The Phase 2b study follows two previous successful clinical studies of bermekimab to treat HS. XBiotech recently evaluated bermekimab in a phase 2 study involving two groups of patients with HS: those who had no prior treatment with biologics; and those who had failed the only approved biological therapy to treat HS. The study, whi