Panasonic Automotive Exhibits at CES 2018
Panasonic Corporation showcased a new SUV that incorporates Panasonic's latest dual display system and head-up display ("HUD"), and three next-generation cockpit/cabin system concepts to meet vehicle advances expected over the next decade at CES 2018 from January 9 to 12 in Las Vegas.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180116005830/en/
Panasonic Smart Design Cockpit (Photo: Business Wire)
Panasonic has delivered its in-vehicle infotainment equipment to major global automakers for more than 65 years. Recently, there have been growing expectations for further evolution of such systems as vehicles undergo a paradigm shift towards a future with autonomous and electric vehicles. Infotainment systems are expected to play a more significant role than ever before in improving vehicle safety and comfort.
Panasonic will contribute to the evolution of the advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) by combining Panasonic Group's extensive consumer electronics technologies with in-vehicle technologies refined in the course of developing infotainment equipment.
[Smart Design Cockpit] (for ADAS Level 2/partial automated driving)
This system coordinates four multi-displays and enables each operator (driver or passenger), to select the content to be displayed on each screen. The gesture control function enables stress-free operation by accurately recognizing hand motions. The interior is made from resin-based special materials that provide the luxurious texture of wood, metal, and leather in particular.
• HMI Graphics Engine: This high-performance graphics engine controls four displays at the same time and efficiently presents information necessary for both the driver and passenger.
• Gesture Recognition: This gesture control function is able to recognize the motion of the palm and fingers without requiring the operator to touch the display, and steers content switching on the display. The dial volume control achieves excellent operability.
• Smart Material: These next-generation design materials have been developed using Panasonic's proprietary Film-in-Molding technology. This resin material is used to reproduce the real texture of wood, metal, and leather in particular. The backlit Smart Material can change colors to alert the driver, and can also be used as interior lighting to change the atmosphere of the cabin.
[Smart Vision Cockpit] (for ADAS Level 3/conditional automated driving)
The cockpit system enables its passengers a new exciting mobility experience while driving even in the automated driving mode, while enjoying a panoramic view. Both the driving mode and automated driving mode are selectable. An ultra-wide display, large-screen HUD, and driver monitoring system are used to ensure safety and enhance the joy of driving.
• Monitoring System: When the engine starts, both the status of the vehicle and health condition of the driver, are detected and displayed on the large-screen HUD.
• Panoramic Display: The display shows images from the rear-view and side-view cameras during driving to eliminate blind spots and assist in safe driving. The automated driving mode enables the driver to enjoy a 360° panoramic view projected on the display. The driver can readily check on children in the rear seat by changing the display mode.
• Drive Guide: When the driver changes the direction of sight, while looking at the outside views, the gaze detection system (driver monitoring system) automatically presents local sightseeing information on the large-screen HUD. If the driver finds a location to stop on the way, the route can be changed simply by tapping the navigation screen on the center display.
[Living Space Autonomous Cabin] (for ADAS Level 5/full automated driving)
The cabin concept is designed for a future vision of autonomous driving
by combining solutions and expertise for a better life, that have been
refined by Panasonic living space and automotive systems technologies.
A luxurious, modern, and high quality living space is created inside the vehicle. Panasonic proposes this next-generation cabin space in four styles: "Living Room," "Business," "Relax," and "Entertainment."
• Living Room Style: The comfort of the cabin space is equivalent to that of a home living room by providing a digital sunshade, seats and a cabin air conditioner equipped with an air quality controller, living room lighting, and an agent function achieved by AI and cloud connectivity.
• Business Style: A business space is created by swiveling the seat to help increase concentration. The cabin space also features an L-shaped display with a retractable storage function and videoconference system, among other devices.
• Relax Style: In this brand new sound space which features a multichannel surround system with 22 speakers, occupants can feel the sensation of music coming from all directions. A relaxing cabin space is created using images (side displays: 55 inches × 2, ceiling display: 77 inches), lighting, air conditioning, air quality improvement, and aromas.
• Entertainment Style: A cheerful and vibrant cabin space created by exciting music, images, lighting, and aromas.
At CES 2018, "Smart Design Cockpit" and "Smart Vision Cockpit" were exhibited in the Solutions Area, and "Living Space Autonomous Cabin" was exhibited in the Vision Area.
Panasonic Live@CES 2018 Microsite
Panasonic at CES 2018 Portal - videos, photos, news, etc.
Photos: CES 2018 Panasonic Booth
Panasonic Highlights 100th Anniversary, Future Vision at CES 2018
Panasonic Develops Scalable "ePowertrain" Platform for Small EVs
[Video] CES 2018 Panasonic Booth Highlights in 45sec
[Video] CES 2018 Press Conference Live Archive
Automotive & Industrial Systems Company - Panasonic
Panasonic Automotive Solutions
CES Official Website
Global Communications Department
Global PR Office
Click here to go to Media Contact form
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Lehman Brothers Treasury to Further Explore Strategic Opportunities15.10.2018 16:54 | Pressemelding
Lehman Brothers Treasury Co. B.V. in liquidation (“LBT”) today, through its U.S. counsel Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP, announced that the liquidators of LBT are continuing to explore various strategies to, among other things, facilitate the consolidation of the LBT creditor base and the wind-down of the LBT estate. To that end, the liquidators of LBT intend to engage with certain of LBT’s creditors and other market participants regarding potential strategies, including, but not limited to, a potential sale of a portion of LBT’s assets. No assurances can be made that any strategy will be employed, or if one is employed, the timing of its implementation. LBT does not undertake to publicly update its disclosure to reflect developments in this matter. View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181015005777/en/ Contact information Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP Daniel Eggermann, 212-715-9495
SFL – Third-Quarter 2018 Financial Information15.10.2018 16:28 | Pressemelding
Regulatory News: SFL (Paris:FLY): Consolidated revenue by business segment (€000's) 2018 (9 months) 2017 (9 months) Rental income 143,790 147,819 o/w Paris Central Business District 119,038 114,326 Paris Other 22,479 21,526 Western Crescent 2,273 11,967 Other revenue 0 0 Total consolidated revenue 143,790 147,819 At €143.8 million, consolidated rental income for the first nine months of 2018 was down €4.0 million or 2.7% compared to the €147.8 million reported for the same period of 2017. The decline was due to the disposal of the IN/OUT property in September 2017, the effects of which were offset to a significant extent by growth in like-for-like income. On a like-for-like basis (excluding all changes in the portfolio affecting period-on-period comparisons), rental income was €6.0 million (4.6%) higher, reflecting the contribution of new leases signed in 2017 and 2018, mainly in the Washington Plaza, 103 Grenelle, Cézanne Saint-Honoré and 9 Percier properties, as well as an increase i
Hilton Earns #2 Spot as World’s Best Workplace15.10.2018 15:54 | Pressemelding
For the third consecutive year, Hilton has been named as one of the World’s Best Workplaces recognized by Great Place to Work®. Hilton climbed seven spots to the highly coveted second spot on the list of the top 25 companies and is the only hospitality company in the top ten. Team Members from the world’s most hospitable company say Hilton’s culture, benefits and travel perks make it a great place for a career. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181015005711/en/ Hilton President & CEO Chris Nassetta with Team Members. (Photo: Business Wire) “Our Team Members are the heart of our business, and they have been the driving force behind our growth and success around the world for nearly 100 years,” said Christopher J. Nassetta, president & CEO of Hilton. “As the pioneers of hospitality, we are dedicated to creating exceptional experiences for every person we meet - and this starts with our Team Members, who make all o
IDEMIA Appoints Yann Delabrière as Group CEO15.10.2018 14:53 | Pressemelding
The supervisory board of IDEMIA, the global leader in Augmented Identity, has appointed Yann Delabrière to be Chief Executive Officer with immediate effect taking over from Didier Lamouche who has resigned. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181015005635/en/ Yann Delabrière (credit Pierre Charriau/IDEMIA) One year after the successful coming together of Oberthur Technologies (OT) and Safran I&S (Morpho) that gave rise to IDEMIA, Yann Delabrière will be charged with overseeing a new phase in the Group’s growth. Yann Delabrière, who previously served as CEO of Faurecia followed by CEO of Zodiac Aerospace, was appointed IDEMIA’s supervisory board chairman in January 2018. Since then he has gained in-depth understanding of the Company’s operations and people. IDEMIA will now look to benefit from Yann’s extensive international managerial experience. Yann Delabrière stated: “I am delighted that the Supervisory Board is
9 in 10 Enterprises Report Gaps Between the Cybersecurity Culture They Have and the One They Want15.10.2018 13:35 | Pressemelding
With cybersecurity threats continuing to escalate worldwide, the ISACA/CMMI Institute Cybersecurity Culture Report found that just 5 percent of employees think their organization’s cybersecurity culture is as advanced as it needs to be to protect their business from internal and external threats. More than 4,800 business and technology professionals shared their insights in the global research study, conducted via online polling in June 2018. Results were released today at ISACA’s CSX North America cybersecurity conference in Las Vegas. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181015005149/en/ New global research from ISACA and the CMMI Institute shows 95% of organizations say there is a gap between the cybersecurity cultures they have and the ones they want. (Graphic: Business Wire) Cybersecurity culture is a workplace culture in which security awareness and behaviors are integrated into everyone’s daily operations, a
AirFit F30, ResMed’s First Minimal-Contact Full Face CPAP Mask, Now Available in the U.S., Canada15.10.2018 13:05 | Pressemelding
ResMed (NYSE: RMD, ASX: RMD) today announced the availability of its first minimal-contact full face CPAP mask, AirFit F30, the latest addition to its AirFit mask portfolio, which helps sleep apnea patients reduce facial marks, wear glasses in bed and curl up closer to their bed partner. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181015005185/en/ AirFit F30 full face CPAP mask: Side View (Photo: Business Wire) Availability AirFit F30 is available for sale now in the United States and Canada, and will be on display at the Medtrade Fall conference this week in Atlanta; visit ResMed’s Booth #2116. AirFit F30 fits 93 percent of patients,1 and features a minimal-contact cushion that sits just below the nose, preventing top-of-the-nose red marks and irritation, plus reducing feelings of claustrophobia for some full face wearers. It also has ResMed’s QuietAir vent, making the mask quieter than ambient noise in the bedroom. New