Nasdaq Statement Regarding Member Default
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Sept. 14, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- At Nasdaq, our primary focus is the protection of our clients and the integrity of our markets. With respect to the events of this week we want to remain transparent and provide the following details.
- On Tuesday, September 11, Nasdaq Clearing declared a member in default.
- The defaulted portfolio contained a large spread position between Nordic and German Power that was negatively impacted by extraordinary fluctuations in the spread. When the member no longer could meet the margin requirement due to the losses in the portfolio, Nasdaq Clearing had to declare the member in default.
- Our rules require that we then close out the portfolio as soon as possible to mitigate further risk of loss. Nasdaq data analysis concluded that the market movement was 17 times larger than the normal observed daily spread changes, which was confirmed by two external parties, and could be characterized as a true “Black Swan” event.
- The defaulting portfolio was closed out according to Nasdaq Clearing’s close-out procedures and has been fully contained. Within 48 hours all of the positions had been closed through an auction.
- However, the close out resulted in a loss for Nasdaq Clearing that exceeded the defaulting member’s collateral and default fund contribution. The loss meant that Nasdaq Junior Capital of EUR 7 million and a portion of the Commodity Member Default fund, amounting to EUR 107M needed to be utilized. The utilization of the Default Fund impacted the 166 clearing member firms with capital contributions into the Default Fund on a pro-rata basis.
As a result, Nasdaq has taken the following actions:
- Nasdaq Clearing this morning implemented a temporary Junior Capital addition for the Commodity Market of 200 million SEK (approximately EUR 19 million). This new capital is in addition to the EUR 7M that Nasdaq has already replenished in the Default Fund as Junior Capital.
- This temporary Junior Capital will be added in addition to existing capital in the clearing default waterfall and will be funded by Nasdaq Clearing. In the event of a future default, the temporary Junior Capital would be utilized first, before the remaining funds in the existing Commodity Default Fund. Replenished member funds would be the last tranche to be utilized during the interim period. The temporary Junior Capital will remain in place during an interim period of 90 days starting today.
- In order to reduce the risk profile in the market situation following the default, Nasdaq Clearing has decided to increase margin levels
- Confidence levels have been increased in order to shift risk of a particular portfolio from the mutualized default fund to the owner of the portfolio
- We have increased margins on spread positions
- Nasdaq has engaged a third-party validator to review all clearing house processes and risk practices.
We will continue to communicate with our clients as the integrity of our market is the primary consideration of the company's Management, Board of Directors and Clearing House Risk Committee.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a leading global provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 100 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to approximately 4, 000 total listings with a market value of approximately $14 trillion.
To learn more, visit: http://business.nasdaq.com
Media relations contact:
+46 73 4496135
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Følg saker fra GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra GlobeNewswire
Avis Budget Group Wins Multiple Awards in the Middle East26.4.2019 12:43:00 CEST | Pressemelding
LONDON, April 26, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avis Budget Group has been awarded multiple accolades at the 2019 World Travel Awards, for its car rental brands Avis and Budget, across the Middle East, it was announced at an awards ceremony in Abu Dhabi last night. The 26th annual World Travel Awards is globally recognized as a highly prestigious honours programme in global travel and tourism. The awards are voted for by travel and tourism professionals and consumers worldwide, and this honour recognises the brands’ commitment to excellence, with an ultimate industry accolade. The awards won by these licensee markets within Avis Budget Group include: Middle East's Leading Business Car Rental Company 2019: Avis Bahrain's Leading Car Rental Company 2019: Avis Iraq's Leading Car Rental Company 2019: Avis Kuwait's Leading Car Rental Company 2019: Avis Lebanon's Leading Car Rental Company 2019: Avis Oman's Leading Car Rental Company 2019: Avis United Arab Emirates’ Leading Car Rental Company 201
Mohawk Industries Reports Q1 Results25.4.2019 22:15:00 CEST | Pressemelding
CALHOUN, Ga., April 25, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mohawk Industries, Inc. (NYSE: MHK) today announced 2019 first quarter net earnings of $122 million and diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $1.67. Adjusted net earnings were $154 million, and EPS was $2.13, excluding restructuring, acquisition and other charges. Net sales for the first quarter of 2019 were $2.44 billion, up 1% in the quarter and 6% on a constant currency and days basis. For the first quarter of 2018, net sales were $2.41 billion, net earnings were $209 million and EPS was $2.78, adjusted net earnings were $225 million, and EPS was $3.01, excluding restructuring, acquisition and other charges. Commenting on Mohawk Industries’ first quarter performance, Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum, Chairman and CEO, stated, “In the first quarter, we delivered results in-line with the high end of our expectations despite economies weakening in most regions and a stronger U.S. dollar, reducing our translated results. While U.S. housing markets beg
Oxford Immunotec Schedules First Quarter 2019 Earnings Release and Conference Call for May 9, 201925.4.2019 22:05:00 CEST | Pressemelding
OXFORD, United Kingdom and MARLBOROUGH, Mass., April 25, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Oxford Immunotec Global PLC (Nasdaq:OXFD) (the "Company"), a global, high-growth diagnostics company, today announced that it plans to release first quarter 2019 financial results before the open of the market on Thursday, May 9, 2019. Dr. Peter Wrighton-Smith, Chief Executive Officer, and Matt McLaughlin, Chief Financial Officer, will host a conference call to review the Company's financial results at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time the same day. The call will be concurrently webcast. To listen to the conference call on your telephone, please dial (855) 363-5047 for United States callers or +1 (484) 365-2897 for international callers and reference confirmation code 6687808, approximately ten minutes prior to start time. To access the live audio webcast or subsequent archived recording, visit the Investor Relations section of Oxford Immunotec's website at www.oxfordimmunotec.com. The replay will be available on th
Novavax to Host Conference Call to Discuss First Quarter Financial Results on May 2, 201925.4.2019 22:05:00 CEST | Pressemelding
GAITHERSBURG, Md., April 25, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVAX) today announced it will report its first quarter 2019 financial and operating results following the close of U.S. financial markets on Thursday, May 2, 2019. Conference call details are as follows: Date: May 2, 2019 Time: 4:30 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time (ET) Dial-in number: (877) 212-6076 (Domestic) or (707) 287-9331 (International) Passcode: 5394082 Webcast: www.novavax.com, “Investors”/ “Events” Conference call and webcast replay: Dates: Starting at 7:30 p.m. ET, May 2, 2019 until 7:30 p.m. ET May 9, 2019 Dial-in number: (855) 859-2056 (Domestic) or (404) 537-3406 (International) Passcode: 5394082 Webcast: www.novavax.com, “Investors”/ “Events”, until August 2, 2019 About Novavax Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a late-stage biotechnology company that drives improved health globally through the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Its tw
BGRS Acquired by Relo Group, Inc.25.4.2019 17:55:00 CEST | Pressemelding
CHICAGO and TOKYO, April 25, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Relo Group, Inc. (“Relo Group”) and BGRS (“BGRS” or the “Company”) announced today that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which an affiliate of Relo Group will acquire BGRS, a leading global talent mobility management firm from Brookfield Business Partners. Leading the global mobility industry with innovative outsourcing and fully integrated solutions, BGRS provides a full spectrum of talent mobility and advisory services to Global Fortune 500 companies. Supported by a team of over 1,300 globally, BGRS manages over 60,000 employee relocations annually with locations throughout Asia, the Americas and EMEA. BGRS Chief Executive Officer, Traci Morris, and the management team will remain in place and work with Relo Group to advance the Company into its next phase. “BGRS has developed into a world class talent mobility management firm by always putting the interests of our clients first, constantly innovating and search
Ascom adds ‘talk before walk’ wireless speech function to new release of Ascom teleCARE IP25.4.2019 14:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
New feature helps reduce caregivers’ walking time; enables more streamlined workflows in elderly care facilities BAAR, Switzerland, April 25, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ascom (SWX:ASCN.SW), a global solutions provider focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions, has added wireless speech functionality to its latest version of the Ascom teleCARE IP emergency call system. The new feature promises to help reduce the time spent by staff walking to investigate calls from residents in continuing and elderly care facilities. Ascom teleCARE IP has always had hardwired speech functionality. But by making it wireless, residents can simply use their normal mobile phones to communicate directly with caregivers via Ascom teleCARE IP. Caregivers can communicate with residents while on the go, and can deal with residents’ calls before walking to investigate. The newly released (Ascom teleCARE IP 12) is available globally. The latest version also features several technical enhancements inclu