Leading Connected Home Brand Nest Expands to Germany, Austria, Italy and Spain
Nest Labs (www.nest.com), maker of hardware, software and services focused on delivering home energy, safety and security solutions, today announced plans to bring its award-winning line of products to four more countries in Europe: Germany, Austria, Italy and Spain.
“Nest is focused on creating a home that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it,” said Matt Rogers, co-founder and chief product officer at Nest. “This expansion brings us closer to achieving our goal of helping people around the world save energy, stay safe, and feel secure in their homes.”
“To date, Nest’s hardware, software and services have been available for purchase in just seven markets, yet they’re used by millions of people in more than 190 countries,” said Lionel Paillet, general manager of Europe for Nest. “There’s clearly organic interest in the benefits our products offer, and with our expansion into Germany, Austria, Italy and Spain, we’re doubling our footprint in Europe and allowing our customers - including thousands of existing customers - to enjoy Nest products in their local languages.”
Nest Product Portfolio
- 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat (MSRP €249 incl. VAT). The Nest Learning Thermostat learns the temperatures you like and how long it takes to heat your home, then programs itself to keep you comfortable. When you’re away, Nest turns itself down automatically so you save energy, and you can control it from the Nest App so you come home to a warm home.
- Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm (MSRP €119 incl. VAT). Know more, worry less. Nest Protect looks for fast-burning fires, smoldering fires and carbon monoxide. It also tells you where the danger is with a vocal alert. And in case you’re not home, it will send an alert to your phone. Burnt the toast? You can simply hush a false alarm from your phone.
- Nest Cam Indoor (MSRP €199 incl. VAT). Is everything safe and sound? What’s the dog getting into? Nest Cam Indoor sends alerts when there’s motion or sound. When it’s dark, Night Vision illuminates the whole scene. And with the Nest app, you can control and watch live in 1080p HD from anywhere.
- Nest Cam Outdoor (MSRP €199 incl. VAT). Who’s at the door? Was my package stolen? Meet Nest Cam Outdoor. It’s weatherproof and plugs into power, so you can look after home 24/7, rain or shine. Get an alert when there’s activity and talk to get someone’s attention from your phone.
Partners and Availability
Nest products vary by country and are available for pre-order through select retail partners today with a targeted delivery date of mid-February:
- Germany and Austria - Nest Protect smoke + carbon monoxide alarm, Nest Cam Indoor, and Nest Cam Outdoor is available from Amazon, Media Markt and Conrad for pre-order today. The Nest Learning Thermostat is expected to be available later this year.
- Italy - The Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Cam Indoor, and Nest Cam Outdoor is available from Amazon, Media World and ePrice for pre-order today.
- Spain - The Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Cam Indoor, and Nest Cam Outdoor is available from Amazon, Media Markt and El Corte Inglés for pre-order today.
Nest will also work with leading brands in each market to create compelling offers to shared customers in the coming months, including:
- Baxi is the leading company in heating and air conditioning systems, who will provide both local sales and training support to professional channel in Spain.
- Engie Italy leads the Italian gas & power, energy efficiency, integrated services and sustainable development market.
- Wind Tre is the biggest Italian reality in mobile telephony with over 31 million customers and 2.7 million customers in the fixed line, leader in digital services.
- The Generali Group, an innovative and established insurance leader in Europe and in Germany, starting with its company CosmosDirekt, the largest direct insurer in the country and in the European market.
Nest’s mission is to create a home that’s thoughtful - one that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it. The company focuses on simple, beautiful and delightful hardware, software and services. The Nest Learning Thermostat™ and Nest Energy Services keep you comfortable and address home energy consumption. The Nest Protect™ smoke and carbon monoxide alarm helps keep you safe and Nest Safety Rewards lets you save money through participating home insurance providers, while Nest Cam™ keeps an eye on what matters most inside and outside your home.
Nest products are sold in the U.S., U.K., Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, the Netherlands and Spain and are installed in more than 190 countries. The Nest Learning Thermostat has helped save approximately eight billion kWh of energy to date. Through the Works with Nest program, third-party products can securely connect with Nest devices to make homes safer, more energy efficient, and more aware.
For more information, visit www.nest.com.
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
ViiV Healthcare Shares Data from Landmark 2-Drug Regimen Trials At AIDS 201818.7.2018 17:21 | Pressemelding
ViiV Healthcare, the global specialist HIV company majority owned by GSK, with Pfizer Inc. and Shionogi Limited as shareholders, will be presenting over 20 abstracts, including data from the landmark GEMINI 1 & 2 clinical trials, at the 22nd International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2018), 23-27 July 2018, in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The data being presented this year has a strong focus on novel exploratory therapeutic options and innovative treatment strategies, as well as improving awareness and understanding of key issues that continue to affect the HIV community. John C Pottage, Jr, MD, Chief Scientific and Medical Officer, ViiV Healthcare, commented, “As we see advancements in the treatment options available to people living with HIV, our research efforts over the past few years have been focused on moving beyond viral load and addressing some of the unresolved issues that people living with HIV face, such as the potential long-term risks and toxicities that can be associated with li
Xilam: H1 2018 Revenue: +50%18.7.2018 16:00 | Pressemelding
Regulatory News: The Xilam Group (Paris:XIL) posted consolidated H1 2018 revenue of EUR 13,866 thousand, an increase of 50%. This increase represents an excellent performance, as it follows on the heels of growth of 54% in H1 2017. Revenue for the first part of this financial year breaks down as follows. In thousands of euros 30.06.2018 (1) 30.06.2017 Change New productions 8,465 4,571 +85% Catalogue 5,385 4,652 +16% Other 16 16 +0% Revenue and subsidies 13,866 9,239 +50% (1) Unaudited data. Remarkable success for new releases +85% Excellent H1 growth was driven by the two main businesses, New Productions and Catalogue. In New Productions, H1 deliveries generated record revenue of EUR 8,465 thousand, an 85% increase compared with H1 2017, and confirmed Xilam’s position as a major European animation company. Catalogue revenue was up 16% compared with H1 2017, thanks again to traditional TV channels and digital platforms, in both France and abroad. A fast-paced delivery schedule Thanks t
Department for International Trade: Life Sciences at the Heart of UK Economy18.7.2018 12:38 | Pressemelding
The Government will today (Wednesday 18 July) host the second in a series of roundtables with stakeholders from key life science businesses, demonstrating the importance of the sector to the UK economy. The Chancellor, International Trade Secretary, Business Secretary and Health and Social Care Secretary will be amongst those that meet with senior representatives from leading UK and international life sciences companies as the UK positions itself as the global home of health innovation, welcoming overseas investment and seeking to boost exports in the process. Discussions at the roundtable will focus on how the future of the Life Sciences sector will be supported by the delivery of our modern Industrial Strategy, ensuring that the UK is ‘open for business’ with a positive business environment, our ambitions for a comprehensive agreement with the EU on our future relationship and the development and implementation of our independent trade policy. To date, the government has engaged sign
Universal Laser Systems Expands Its Materials Database with 3M, Victrex and Dexmet Materials18.7.2018 12:05 | Pressemelding
Universal Laser Systems (ULS) announces the addition of 3M™, Victrex® and Dexmet materials to its materials database, the most extensive repository of laser material processing parameters for materials in the range of 10 watts to 500 watts. The 3M, Victrex and Dexmet materials new to the ULS materials database were specifically added for laser processing with the ULTRA and XLS platforms, suited for high accuracy and precision laser cutting, laser ablation and laser surface modification. The materials include: 3M™ Extreme Sealing Tape 4412N 3M™ Thermally Conductive Silicone Interface Pad 5516 Victrex® APTIV® PEEK Film Dexmet PolyGrid® 8PTFE10-125ST Expanded PTFE Dexmet MicroGrid® AL 25 Expanded Aluminum Laser processing notes, describing the results of the laser-material interaction for these materials, are also available in the Materials Library on the ULS website to help potential customers explore the advantages of deploying laser technology within their manufacturing, research and d
Sterigenics Expands European Capacity With New State-of-the-Art Gamma Sterilization Facility in the UK18.7.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
Sterigenics, a Sotera Health company and leading global provider of mission-critical sterilization solutions and expert advisory services, announced today it is building a new facility in Markham Vale North in Chesterfield/Derbyshire, UK. The facility will significantly expand Sterigenics’ footprint in Europe to help meet the growing sterilization needs of its customers and support the company’s mission of Safeguarding Global HealthTM. Scheduled for completion in the fourth quarter, 2018, the facility will include the installation of a state-of-the-art Nordion JS10000 gamma irradiator with a research loop. The new 60,000-square-foot facility will add gamma sterilization capabilities in the UK to complement Sterigenics’ existing ethylene oxide (EtO) facility based in Somercotes/Derbyshire. “Sterigenics is committed to being the world’s leading provider of sterilization services and partnering with our customers to eliminate threats to human health,” said Philip Macnabb, President of Ste
Smiths Detection Technology Chosen for Standard 3 Upgrade at Helsinki Airport18.7.2018 09:05 | Pressemelding
Smiths Detection has been selected by Finnish airport operator, Finavia Corporation, to support the transition to Standard 3 at Helsinki Airport with approved hold baggage screening systems. Included in the contract are eight high-speed, HI-SCAN 10080 XCT scanners, which combine high resolution X-ray technology, computed tomography (CT) and advanced detection algorithms to increase both security and operational efficiency significantly. Security, speed and efficiency are critical to the extensive development programme underway at the airport, which will allow the airport to serve 30 million passengers annually and increase baggage handling capacity by 50%. “Any financial investment in upgrading security equipment has to be balanced against operational improvement, particularly when part of a major expansion. Airports need assurance that efficiencies will be gained and systems can be further updated as necessary to detect evolving explosive threats and handle ever higher volumes,” comme