Leading Connected Home Brand Nest Expands to Germany, Austria, Italy and Spain
Nest Labs (www.nest.com), maker of hardware, software and services focused on delivering home energy, safety and security solutions, today announced plans to bring its award-winning line of products to four more countries in Europe: Germany, Austria, Italy and Spain.
“Nest is focused on creating a home that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it,” said Matt Rogers, co-founder and chief product officer at Nest. “This expansion brings us closer to achieving our goal of helping people around the world save energy, stay safe, and feel secure in their homes.”
“To date, Nest’s hardware, software and services have been available for purchase in just seven markets, yet they’re used by millions of people in more than 190 countries,” said Lionel Paillet, general manager of Europe for Nest. “There’s clearly organic interest in the benefits our products offer, and with our expansion into Germany, Austria, Italy and Spain, we’re doubling our footprint in Europe and allowing our customers - including thousands of existing customers - to enjoy Nest products in their local languages.”
Nest Product Portfolio
- 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat (MSRP €249 incl. VAT). The Nest Learning Thermostat learns the temperatures you like and how long it takes to heat your home, then programs itself to keep you comfortable. When you’re away, Nest turns itself down automatically so you save energy, and you can control it from the Nest App so you come home to a warm home.
- Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm (MSRP €119 incl. VAT). Know more, worry less. Nest Protect looks for fast-burning fires, smoldering fires and carbon monoxide. It also tells you where the danger is with a vocal alert. And in case you’re not home, it will send an alert to your phone. Burnt the toast? You can simply hush a false alarm from your phone.
- Nest Cam Indoor (MSRP €199 incl. VAT). Is everything safe and sound? What’s the dog getting into? Nest Cam Indoor sends alerts when there’s motion or sound. When it’s dark, Night Vision illuminates the whole scene. And with the Nest app, you can control and watch live in 1080p HD from anywhere.
- Nest Cam Outdoor (MSRP €199 incl. VAT). Who’s at the door? Was my package stolen? Meet Nest Cam Outdoor. It’s weatherproof and plugs into power, so you can look after home 24/7, rain or shine. Get an alert when there’s activity and talk to get someone’s attention from your phone.
Partners and Availability
Nest products vary by country and are available for pre-order through select retail partners today with a targeted delivery date of mid-February:
- Germany and Austria - Nest Protect smoke + carbon monoxide alarm, Nest Cam Indoor, and Nest Cam Outdoor is available from Amazon, Media Markt and Conrad for pre-order today. The Nest Learning Thermostat is expected to be available later this year.
- Italy - The Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Cam Indoor, and Nest Cam Outdoor is available from Amazon, Media World and ePrice for pre-order today.
- Spain - The Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Cam Indoor, and Nest Cam Outdoor is available from Amazon, Media Markt and El Corte Inglés for pre-order today.
Nest will also work with leading brands in each market to create compelling offers to shared customers in the coming months, including:
- Baxi is the leading company in heating and air conditioning systems, who will provide both local sales and training support to professional channel in Spain.
- Engie Italy leads the Italian gas & power, energy efficiency, integrated services and sustainable development market.
- Wind Tre is the biggest Italian reality in mobile telephony with over 31 million customers and 2.7 million customers in the fixed line, leader in digital services.
- The Generali Group, an innovative and established insurance leader in Europe and in Germany, starting with its company CosmosDirekt, the largest direct insurer in the country and in the European market.
Nest’s mission is to create a home that’s thoughtful - one that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it. The company focuses on simple, beautiful and delightful hardware, software and services. The Nest Learning Thermostat™ and Nest Energy Services keep you comfortable and address home energy consumption. The Nest Protect™ smoke and carbon monoxide alarm helps keep you safe and Nest Safety Rewards lets you save money through participating home insurance providers, while Nest Cam™ keeps an eye on what matters most inside and outside your home.
Nest products are sold in the U.S., U.K., Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, the Netherlands and Spain and are installed in more than 190 countries. The Nest Learning Thermostat has helped save approximately eight billion kWh of energy to date. Through the Works with Nest program, third-party products can securely connect with Nest devices to make homes safer, more energy efficient, and more aware.
For more information, visit www.nest.com.
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Summer Business with Yourtyres.co.uk: New Shop Feature and High-Performance Tyre Models16.3.2018 14:11 | Pressemelding
Each year, summer trade means great challenges for car garages and tyre dealers. As a result and at just the right time, Yourtyres.co.uk, the online trade customer shop by Europe’s leading online tyre dealer Delticom, is introducing a new feature intended to make the daily work of the shop’s customers easier: An advice mode is available from now on at Yourtyres.co.uk. When changing from the purchasing to the sales view, the individual end customer prices are displayed instead of the actual purchase prices. In order to use this feature, users of Yourtyres.co.uk simply have to insert their individual markups for the different item groups. From the markup and the purchase price, the online shop automatically calculates the personal end customer price. The usual purchasing view is also still available. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180316005448/en/ An advice mode immediately helps trade customers use the full pot
Available Now: The Smartphone Made for the Way We Communicate Today, the Galaxy S9 and S9+16.3.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. announced that the new, award-winning Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+, which have been recognized by smartphone reviewers worldwide for their best-in-class display, design and camera, are now available for purchase at U.S. wireless network providers and retail stores. The phones come in three colors: Midnight Black, Coral Blue, and the new Lilac Purple. The Galaxy S9 has a suggested retail price of $719.99, while the Galaxy S9+ is available for $839.99. Both unlocked and carrier versions of the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are also available for purchase on Samsung.com. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180316005175/en/ Designed for the way we communicate today, Samsung's new Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are available in the U.S. at wireless network providers, retailers and on Samsung.com. (Photo: Business Wire) “The Galaxy S9 and S9+ are designed for the visual and social generation—the consum
CONQUEST Group Announced the Expansion of its Asset Management Business with the Appointment of Philippe Taillardat to the Role of Director16.3.2018 09:00 | Pressemelding
Philippe Taillardat brings to CONQUEST over 25 years of Asset Management and Investment Banking experience, primarily in principal investing, financial advisory, equity and debt financing across global infrastructure and sustainable energy sectors. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180316005030/en/ Philippe Taillardat (Photo: CONQUEST Group) Philippe was most recently Co-Head of Infrastructure Investments Europe at First State Investments, which he helped transform into one of the leading billion+ European infrastructure fund manager in core / core+ strategies. Earlier in his career, Philippe held various senior banker and investment roles at Amundi, Credit Agricole CIB, Credit Suisse, AXA and BNP Paribas. Frédéric Palanque, Managing Director of CONQUEST Group, said, "We are delighted to welcome such a recognized professional. CONQUEST is trusted for providing value-added advice in complex and highly confidential
AccelStor All-Flash Solutions Unlock Data Possibilities for AI and Cloud16.3.2018 09:00 | Pressemelding
AccelStor, an innovative all-flash array (AFA) provider for the big data era, is excited to announce its participation in the upcoming Cloud Expo Europe, taking place from March 21 to 22 at Booth C1850 in the ExCel London exhibition centre. Besides presenting latest all-flash storage solutions breaking through performance and availability barriers for artificial intelligence (AI), virtualization and private cloud, AccelStor will present a live demonstration of its new generation NeoSapphire high availability models, one of the highlights not to be missed this year. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180316005010/en/ AccelStor's new generation NeoSapphire High Availability all-flash array AccelStor NeoSapphire all-flash arrays are highly integrated with virtualization and private cloud platforms, supporting VMware vSphere and OpenStack Cinder. NeoSapphire’s “high availability” series features symmetric active-activ
Westinghouse Completes First Major Decommissioning Work at a Nordic Commercial Nuclear Reactor16.3.2018 08:45 | Pressemelding
Westinghouse Electric Company announced today that it has completed a major decommissioning project at the former Barsebäck nuclear power plant in Skåne, Sweden. Barsebäck Unit 2 ceased operation in 2005 and decommissioning work began in August 2016. Westinghouse’s scope of work included the underwater segmentation and packaging of the reactor vessel internals, as well as the upfront engineering studies and equipment manufacturing and qualification. “Westinghouse is proud to deliver this major decommissioning project on time and on budget,” said Yves Brachet, Westinghouse senior vice president, Global Decommissioning, Decontamination, Remediation and Waste Management. “Our global expertise in this area will help our customers in the Nordic region to safely manage a variety of end-of-life opportunities for commercial nuclear power plants.” Leadership at Barsebäck Kraft AB (BKAB) is equally satisfied with this successful initial step of the first dismantling of a commercial nuclear power
Lighting Manufacturer LTS Licht & Leuchten, Part of the Fargerhult Group, to Offer Selected Spot- & Downlights with Seoul Semiconductor’s SunLike Series Natural Spectrum LEDs16.3.2018 08:02 | Pressemelding
Seoul Semiconductor, a global innovator of LED products and technology, announced that its SunLike Series natural spectrum LEDs, which implement light closest to the spectrum of natural sunlight, has been adopted for selected luminaires of LTS Licht & Leuchten GmbH, a German manufacturer of high-quality luminaires for hospitality, retail, and office applications. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180316005206/en/ LTS Jett 100 spotlights equipped with SunLike LED technology (Photo: Business Wire) LTS has adopted SunLike natural spectrum LEDs for selected products, including the Jett 100 and CSA 60 spotlights. A series of spotlights with a discreet and individual appearance, and clear, straightforward design lines, Jett spotlights harmoniously blend in with any type of retail application. The high color rendering and superior luminous intensity of these spotlights enable lighting designers to achieve accentuated ar