Jumio Records Best Sales Quarter in Company History, Fueled by Q2 Growth in Asia Pacific
Jumio Records Best Sales Quarter in Company History, Fueled by Q2 Growth in Asia Pacific
Jumio's sales grew by more than 200 percent year over year for three of our last four quarters; the company has recorded quarter over quarter sales growth nine of the last ten quarters
PALO ALTO, Calif., July 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Jumio, the leading AI-powered trusted identity as a service provider, today announced its best sales quarter in company history, ending June 30, 2018, representing a 269 percent increase in sales over the same quarter last year. The results were fueled by record sales growth in the Asia Pacific region, which grew 531 percent over the previous quarter.
"We're thrilled that within three months of opening our Singapore office, Asia Pacific has already generated so much in sales and has seen such wide adoption," said Steve Stuut, CEO of Jumio. "This type of immediate market traction speaks to the opportunity this region represents and the untapped potential, especially within financial services, enterprise and e-commerce markets."
The emerging need for reliable digital identity verification, coupled with increasingly stringent data protection and privacy regulations (e.g., GDPR and California Consumer Privacy Act) and the growing realization that traditional authentication methodologies are no longer effective or secure, has caused companies to explore the identity-verification-as-a-service market.
According to a market study by McKinsey, the emerging identity-verification-as-a-service market is close to $10 billion and predicts it will grow to a $16-20 billion market by 2022. McKinsey reports, "Identity verification-as-a-service offers a way for e-commerce providers to outsource the verification function to providers with the necessary scale and security to accomplish sensitive transactions quickly, safely, and efficiently." In fact, the Asia Pacific market is growing almost 50 percent faster than the North America and Western European markets because of the higher volume of digital transactions that require online identity verification.
Increased awareness and familiarity with identity verification has helped fuel Jumio's continued momentum as the company reports its strongest quarter in company history, including these notable milestones:
- Six Straight Quarters of Sales Growth: Jumio grew sales nine of the past ten quarters, demonstrating growing traction for its online ID and identity verification solutions. Its focus on compliant machine learning, leading-edge identity proofing technologies, and a customer-centric mentality have helped Jumio set the bar for online identity verification accuracy and gain significant market share.
- AsiaPac Expansion: In Q2, Jumio saw its Asia Pacific sales grow significantly and signed two of the largest deals in the company's history as a result of having a dedicated regional focus, which includes a new Singapore office and expanded sales presence to support the region's growing demand for online digital identity verification and Know Your Customer (KYC) services.
- Liveness Detection for Web: Jumio launched Liveness Detection for Web to ensure that the online user is physically present during the identity verification process when using their computer's webcam. This new functionality requires the user to take a picture of themself holding a handwritten note with a custom phrase (e.g. company name) and the current date, to ensure a real person is performing the transaction.
- Executive Hires: In Q2, Jumio hired several new executives to further strengthen its leadership team and support its aggressive growth objectives, including: Miles Hutchinson, Chief Information Security Officer; Mike O'Callaghan,Vice President Global Operations; and Amy Treadwell, Global Vice President of People and Culture. Together, the three new hires bring decades of leadership experience in high-growth SaaS and technology organizations.
- Industry Recognition: Jumio continues to be recognized for its product innovation, including being awarded the Gold winner in Information Security and Risk Management (and Bronze winner for Security Software) in the 13th Annual 2018 IT World Awards®, named Best Product in Biometrics and Hot Company in Fraud Prevention by the 2018 InfoSec Awards, and named the winner in the Best Authentication Technology category by the 2018 SC Awards. Jumio was also included as a Representative Vendor in the "Market Guide for Identity Proofing and Corroboration," published by Gartner, a leading information technology research and advisory company.
For live demonstrations of the Netverify ID, Identity and Document Verification solutions, visit Jumio at the iGB Live show (Stand T7) this month in Amsterdam.
When identity matters, trust Jumio. Jumio is the creator of Netverify® which enables businesses to increase customer conversions while providing a seamless customer experience and reducing fraud. By combining the three core pillars of ID Verification, Identity Verification and Document Verification, businesses now have a complete solution that allows them to establish the real-world identity of the consumer.
Leveraging advanced technology including augmented AI, biometric facial recognition, machine learning, and human review, Jumio helps organizations to meet regulatory compliance including KYC, AML and GDPR and definitively establish the digital identity of their customers. Jumio has verified more than 120 million identities issued by over 200 countries from real time web and mobile transactions. Jumio's solutions are used by leading companies in the financial services, sharing economy, cryptocurrency, retail, travel and online gaming sectors. Based in Palo Alto, Jumio operates globally with offices in the US, Europe, and Asia Pacific and has been the recipient of numerous awards for innovation. For more information, please visit www.jumio.com.
U.S. Media Contact
Europe Media Contact
+44 (0) 7775 557578
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/d1c780f4-0c16-40b0-acea-f900be5545a4
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Jumio Corp. via Globenewswire
Om Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
+1 212 401 8700http://www.nasdaqomx.com
NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Bombardier Delivers First 90-seat Q400 Aircraft to SpiceJet21.9.2018 16:00 | Pressemelding
SpiceJet becomes the first airline to take advantage of the Q400 aircraft’s increased profit potential TORONTO, Sept. 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bombardier Commercial Aircraft today announced the delivery of its first 90-seat Q400 aircraft. The aircraft was handed over to India’s SpiceJet Limited (“SpiceJet”) the launch operator for the extra-capacity, 90-seat aircraft. “We are excited to induct the 90-seat Q400 aircraft into our fleet,” said Ajay Singh, Chairman and Managing Director, SpiceJet. “The additional seats and performance improvements will result in substantial reduction in unit costs and also we will enable us to address our market needs in the regional space.” “The delivery of the first 90-seat Q400 aircraft showcases the commitment of Bombardier’s Q Series turboprop program to respond to customer requirements as they address traffic growth in regional markets,” said Todd Young, Head of the Q Series Aircraft Program, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft. “I thank and congratul
Service Providers Speed Deployment, Reduce Costs with Patton Cloud Edge Orchestration Service20.9.2018 22:16 | Pressemelding
Now, Telecom and UCaaS service providers can easily provision, manage, monitor, secure, alert, troubleshoot, analyze, and optimize services on the customer premise GAITHERSBURG, Md., Sept. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Patton Electronics—US-manufacturer of UC, cloud, and IoT-enabling solutions for carrier, enterprise, and industrial networks—has launched the new Patton Cloud service for carriers and service providers that deliver All-IP and hybrid voice-and-data services to business subscribers. Patton Cloud delivers a low-cost, easy-to-use, web-based edge-orchestration service that delivers a superior user experience. It offers remote touchless provisioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting—as well as security and alerting tools that reduce service turn-up costs, trouble tickets, and subscriber attrition. The Patton Cloud service offers quality-control mechanisms including pro-active monitoring and troubleshooting—combined with feature-license distribution pools for managing value-added
Inspirata Promotes Top Executives to Expanded Roles in Digital Pathology20.9.2018 21:12 | Pressemelding
Inspirata Founder and Executive Vice President, Mark Lloyd, is taking on an expanded role overseeing product management, and Inspirata Senior Vice President, Andrew Chomos, has been appointed to General Manager, Digital Pathology, overseeing the Center of Excellence in Pittsburgh along with all North America sales and customer support efforts. Tampa, FL, Sept. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cancer informatics and digital pathology workflow solution provider Inspirata®, Inc. announced today that two of its executives have taken on expanded roles in the company. The two are Inspirata Executive Vice President and Founder, Mark Lloyd, and Senior Vice President and General Manager, Digital Pathology, Andrew Chomos. Dr. Lloyd has accepted the expansion of his role to include product management for Digital Pathology. He is former cancer researcher at both Lombardi Cancer and Moffitt Cancer Center and is Inspirata’s foremost subject matter expert and thought leader on digital pathology and image
Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals Announces Adoption of Commission Decision Granting Marketing Authorisation Approval in the European Union for XERAVA™ (eravacycline) for the Treatment of Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections20.9.2018 19:08 | Pressemelding
– Broad Product Label for Treatment of Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections – – Phased Commercial Launch Expected in the First Half of 2019 – WATERTOWN, Mass., Sept. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTPH), a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing novel antibiotics to treat life-threatening multidrug-resistant (MDR) infections, today announced that the European Commission (EC) has adopted the Decision granting marketing authorisation for XERAVA (eravacycline) for injection for the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI) in adults in the European Union. In clinical trials, XERAVA was well-tolerated and achieved high clinical cure rates in patients with cIAI, demonstrating statistical non-inferiority to two widely used comparators – ertapenem and meropenem. “The European approval of XERAVA, right after our recently announced FDA approval, marks our second significant regulatory approval within one month
UPDATE— Taconic Biosciences Becomes the First Animal Model Provider on General Services Administration Contract Schedule20.9.2018 18:07 | Pressemelding
RENSSELAER, N.Y., Sept. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Taconic Biosciences, a global leader in providing genetically engineered rodent model solutions, announces a new relationship with Government Scientific Source (GSS). GSS is a leading dedicated distributor of laboratory equipment to federal, state, and local governments on contract with the GSA (General Services Administration). By having Taconic’s products available via GSS, they can now be accessed by all federal agencies, including but not limited to the National Institutes of Health and the Department of Defense. Taconic is the only animal model provider affiliated with GSS and the only animal model provider available on GSA Contract. “An important component of providing customers with the best animal model solutions is access to key resources. Through this exciting new relationship with GSS, Taconic can now easily connect with scientists doing some of the most valuable research in the world and provide them with high quality sol
Digital Transformation is Not a One-Off — It’s About the Digital Journey20.9.2018 17:44 | Pressemelding
SoftServe study confirms four digital journey states with 71 percent of enterprises reporting early stages of adoption AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SoftServe, a leading digital authority and consulting company, today released the results of its market research study that examines how enterprises are responding to the digital economy. The research found that 71 percent of the respondents in the United States and the European Union are in the early stages—Reveal and Transform—of four unique states across the Enterprise Digital Journey. For an in-depth analysis and the full results, read The Enterprise Digital Journey white paper. With fierce competition in today’s global landscape, leveraging cutting-edge technology and deploying new business models is not a one-off pursuit, but rather a continuous process of iteration and refinement. Companies should stop referring to Digital Transformation and instead plan for a continuous Digital Journey. “The term Digital Transfo
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom