It's Here! CES 2018 Opens with Game-Changing Innovation
CES® 2018 opened its doors today unveiling the next-generation of technology designed to improve our lives and address global challenges across a record-breaking show floor that spans more than 2.75 million net square feet of exhibit space and features more than 3,900 exhibitors, including some 900 startups. More than 20,000 products will launch at CES 2018 this week. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, CES 2018 runs through Friday, January 12, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“The future of innovation is on display this week at CES, with technology that will empower consumers and change our world for the better,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CTA. “Every major industry is represented here at CES 2018, with global brands and a record-number of startups unveiling products that will revolutionize how we live, work and play. From the latest in self-driving vehicles, smart cities, AI, sports tech, robotics, health and fitness tech and more, the innovation at CES 2018 will further global business and spur new jobs and new markets around the world.”
Intel’s CEO, Brian Krzanich, took the stage Monday evening for the preshow CES keynote to celebrate innovation and explore what’s next for big data. “[Data is the] unseen driving force behind the next great wave of tech innovation,” he said. Intel will bring VR content to the upcoming Winter Olympics through its immersive media plan and True View platform, delivering the largest ever VR experience across 30 sports programs. Former NFL star Tony Romo joined the stage to further highlight how VR will transform the consumer experience for live sports, offering the potential to view from virtually any angle through 360-degree cameras, incredible data storage and super computing power. During his presentation, Krzanich also noted the recent opening of Intel Studios, a new workplace in Los Angeles, California to film, gave a live demo of an Intel-powered autonomous “human drone” Volocopter and set a Guinness World Record with its Shooting Star Mini Drone show – the most advanced software fleet of 100 drones controlled without GPS by one pilot.
The day prior, CTA’s Steve Koenig and Lesley Rohrbaugh presented Tech Trends to Watch at CES 2018. They identified expected major CES trends such as ingredient technologies like AI and 5G that will permeate the product announcements, as well as native interfaces, smart cities, and digital therapeutics. They also announced the 2018 tech industry revenue at $351 billion dollars – a 3.9 percent increase over 2017. For the slides and more information, visit CTA.tech/salesandforecasts.
Tuesday evening featured the largest CES Unveiled in history. The official media event of CES 2018 spotlighted a record 204 exhibiting companies, including 72 startups from Eureka Park, the most startups ever showcased at CES Unveiled. Featuring the latest in AI, smart home, virtual reality, emotion sensing robots, Alexa-enabled mirrors, smart headphones, smart lighting and more, CES Unveiled provided more than 1,900 media with a sneak peak of the innovation launching this week at the show. The official CES Unveiled highlights reel can be viewed here.
CES Media Days featured two days of product announcements from companies both large and small. Kicking off a week filled with innovation, 29 companies hosted preshow press conferences, with product announcements including:
- Bosch - "Simply. Connected." portfolio, which highlights the use of smart city technology to revolutionize urban mobility, air quality, energy efficiency and security
- BrainCo - First affordable, non-intrusive, AI powered prosthetic hand
- Byton - Electric, self-driving, connected concept car expected to launch in late 2019
- Continental - Unveiled its long-term goal for seamless mobility and vision zero, Continental’s goal of eliminating all traffic fatalities on roads
- Dynamic - Announced the world’s first network-certified smart credit card technology
- Faurecia - Voice-activated cockpit of the future with Amazon Alexa
- HDMI - HDMI 2.1 Specification – the most recent update of HDMI standards and specification, supporting a higher range of A/V resolutions and bandwidth speeds
- Hisense - H10E 4K Smart ULED™ TV, and H9E Plus 4K Smart ULED™ TV
- Hyundai - New, technological flagship fuel cell electric vehicle called Nexo with advanced driver assist capabilities
- Interaxon - Partnering with Safilo to combine fashionable eyewear with Muse’s brain-sensing technology
- Kia - Niro EV Concept, a fully electric compact SUV which can run 238 miles on a single charge with a 30 minute fast charge
- LG - Showcased its product integration of LG ThinQ AI – artificial intelligence products that can learn from consumers
- MobileHelp - Emergency response system for the Samsung Gear S3
- Monster - Monster Talk voice-activation technology, to be included in the Superstar Bluetooth speakers, Elements headphones and Clarity Bluetooth headphones
- Neutrogena - NeutrogenaSkin360 attaches to smartphone and uses sensors to create a personalized skincare plan
- NuCalm - Patented relaxation technology, which combines a topical cream, microcurrent stimulation via the NuCalm visor, and the NuCalm neuroacoustic software
- Panasonic - First 4K OLEDs with HDR10+ format
- Philips - Philips SmartSleep headband designed to create better quality of sleep with personalized tones and volumes
- Project Nursery - Alexa-based baby monitoring system
- Qualcomm - Processor for extensive use across 5G connectivity, automotive, and smart home tech, including low power Bluetooth audio devices and VR headsets
- Ripple - App to improve professional networking that uses Ripple’s “face connect” technology, allowing users to take a picture of someone and instantly add them to a connection list
- Royole - Showcased the future of flexible technologies and the human-machine interface
- Samsung - Unveiled the IoT ecosystem “SmartThings,” the Samsung Notebook 9 Pen and the Samsung Flip
- Showstoppers Launch.it - Winner of its startup pitching contest was Velco with their “Wink Bar,” the first connected handlebar for bikes with smartphone compatibility
- Sony - Showcased its A8F OLED TV
- TCL - TCL Roku Smart Soundbar integrated with the Roku Entertainment Assistant
- Toyota - Announced their new self-driving mobile marketplace, e-Palette
- Valeo - Low-voltage (48V) all-electric vehicle prototype motorization system, which is 20 percent more economical than existing high-voltage solutions
- ZF - ZF ProAI, new super computer with modular and scalable architecture
CES 2018 runs today through Friday, January 12. CES is open to members of the trade. Attendees must be 18 years of age. For the latest breaking news and product announcements, visit CES.tech.
Take a look at three new areas at CES 2018 . High-definition video b-roll from CES is available for easy download on CESbroll.com . See exclusive photos from the CES show floor, keynotes, conference sessions, events and award ceremonies in the CES photo gallery .
Produced by the Consumer Technology Association, Inside CES 2018 – Trends and Takeaways provides a complete overview of the entirety of CES, including exclusive CTA research and trend analysis not available anywhere else. Ensure you understand the most important trends impacting the tech industry in the year ahead. Learn more and order your copy today .
CES® is the world's gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years-the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, it attracts the world's business leaders and pioneering thinkers. Check out CES video highlights. Follow CES online at CES.tech and on social.
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™ is the trade association representing the $351 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 15 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
CES 2018 -
January 9-12, Las Vegas, NV
CES Asia 2018
June 13-15, Shanghai, China
Digital Patriots Dinner
April 17, Washington, DC
CES on the Hill
April 18, Washington, DC
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
SIG Combibloc Group Holdings S.à r.l.: 2018 Second Quarter Results19.7.2018 16:01 | Pressemelding
We are pleased to announce our quarterly conference call to discuss the results of SIG Combibloc Group Holdings S.à r.l. for the second quarter ended June 30, 2018. Date: Monday, July 23, 2018 Time: 15.00 CEST / 14.00 BST / 9.00 EDT The call information will be distributed on our secure site. If you would like access to our call, please contact email@example.com . Regards, SIG Combibloc Group Holdings S.à r.l. View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180719005634/en/ Contact information SIG Combibloc Group Holdings S.à r.l. Jennifer Gough firstname.lastname@example.org
NEORIS Announces Creation of Innovation Labs Worldwide to Create a Smarter Future19.7.2018 15:32 | Pressemelding
NEORIS, a global digital consulting services company, announced today it is consolidating the most innovative solutions it has developed in different geographies and allocating unprecedented resources to deploy a network of Innovation Labs worldwide. The main objective is to lay the foundation for the continuous development of disruptive solutions for its four core industries: Manufacturing, Financial Services, Healthcare and Telecommunications. Due to its disruptive nature, NEORIS decided that its first Innovation Lab should be housed in the Monterrey Digital Hub, which today is the first-of-its-kind as it is a space where entrepreneurs, companies, universities and investors converge to foster an ecosystem for Digital Transformation. The lab inaugurated in Monterrey, Mexico is the first of a series of Innovation Labs that will open in the different countries that NEORIS operates, and is a space where customers can experience emerging technologies through real-life scenarios. One such
CORRECTING and REPLACING Albar Capital Deploys FlexNOW19.7.2018 15:29 | Pressemelding
Subhead of release should read: Out-of-the-Box Multi-Asset Execution Management System (instead of Easy-to-Install Multi-Asset Execution Management System). The corrected release reads: ALBAR CAPITAL DEPLOYS FLEXNOW Out-of-the-Box Multi-Asset Execution Management System FlexTrade (@FlexTrade) today announced that Albar Capital Ltd., a new hedge fund led by Javier Velazquez (formerly of Millennium Capital Partners LLP), is now trading equities and futures using FlexNOW, FlexTrade’s new execution management system. “The FlexNOW team was instrumental in solving several of our problems,” said Jason Ruder, Trader at Albar Capital. “Not only are they helping us with our compliance requirements, they are also responsive to requests that improve my workflow.” According to Rhyd Lewis, FlexNOW Product Manager, FlexNOW’s quick onboarding and easy installation process was critical for Albar Capital’s launch on 2 July. “We had no problem integrating FlexNOW with Albar’s portfolio and risk managemen
Full Core of Westinghouse Fuel Achieved at South-Ukraine Nuclear Power Plant Unit 319.7.2018 13:25 | Pressemelding
Westinghouse Electric Company announced today that Ukraine’s State Enterprise National Nuclear Energy Generation Company (SE NNEGC) Energoatom’s South-Ukraine NPP Unit 3 near Yuzhnoukrainsk in Mykolaiv province was loaded with a full core of Westinghouse VVER-1000 fuel. This is the first unit in Ukraine to operate with Westinghouse VVER-1000 fuel assemblies as the sole fuel source. “Westinghouse began supplying fuel to Ukraine in 2005, when the first lead test assemblies were delivered to South-Ukraine Unit 3,” said Aziz Dag, vice president and managing director, Northern Europe. “We are proud to continue supporting Ukraine with their energy diversification by supplying a full core of Westinghouse VVER-1000 fuel to our customer, Energoatom.” Westinghouse currently supplies fuel to six of Ukraine’s 15 nuclear power reactors. Beginning in 2021, the number of reactors with Westinghouse fuel will increase to seven. “Westinghouse has made significant investments over the last several years
Seoul Semiconductor Delivers Its Innovative LED "SunLike" to U.S. Lighting Market19.7.2018 13:00 | Pressemelding
Seoul Semiconductor Co., Ltd. (KOSDAQ:046890), a market leader in LED (light emitting diode) design and manufacturing, announced that its innovative LED “SunLike” is applied to brand new lightings to be launched by three lighting premium brands in U.S., Pure Edge Lighting, LEDRAbrands, Inc. and Elite Lighting. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180719005377/en/ The product of LEDRAbrands, Inc., NU4RA-SUN, which applied SunLike of Seoul Semiconductor (Photo: Business Wire) Seoul Semiconductor supplies SunLike to pendant lighting for Pure Edge, a U.S. lighting solution company. It is applied to high-end lighting for museums and art galleries that require the highest color quality. The leading lighting design companies, LEDRAbrands, Inc. and Elite Lighting, apply SunLike to downlights and spotlights respectively. “We have selected Seoul Semiconductor’s innovative LED SunLike for our human centric lighting and believ
Kite and Gadeta Announce Strategic Collaboration to Advance Gamma Delta T Cell Receptor Technology for Solid Tumors19.7.2018 12:30 | Pressemelding
Kite, a Gilead Company (Nasdaq: GILD), and Gadeta B.V., a privately-held company focused on the discovery and development of novel cancer immunotherapies based on gamma delta T cell receptors (TCRs), have entered into a strategic collaboration to develop novel gamma delta TCR therapies in various cancers. Under the financial terms, Kite will provide research and development (R&D) funding for the collaboration and Gadeta will be eligible to receive future payments upon achievement of certain regulatory milestones. In addition, Kite will make an upfront purchase of equity in Gadeta from Gadeta’s shareholders and may acquire additional equity in Gadeta upon achievement of certain R&D milestones. Kite will have the exclusive option to acquire Gadeta. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180719005418/en/ Gadeta has developed a proprietary technology to engineer alpha beta T cells with gamma delta TCRs, called TEGs, for