IFF Reports Strong Third Quarter 2015 Results
9.11.2015 21:37 | Business Wire
International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) reported financial results and strategic achievements for the third quarter ended September 30, 2015.
Win Where We Compete: achieve market leadership position in key markets, categories & customers
- North America Fragrance Compounds +7% led by double-digit Hair Care & Home Care growth
- Fragrances currency neutral sales in China +6% driven by strong growth with regional customers
- Home Care grew high-single-digits, on a currency neutral basis, as a result of strong new wins
- Flavors North America +19% including the acquisition of Ottens Flavors
- Flavors Latin America up double-digits, on a currency neutral basis, for the 8th consecutive quarter
Innovating Firsts: strengthen position and drive differentiation in priority R&D platforms
- Encapsulation-related sales improved double-digits in Fabric, Toiletries and Home Care
- Sweetness and Savory Modulation portfolio grew strong double-digits
- Commercialized two captive fragrance ingredients that drive greater differentiation
- Launched second natural taste modulator of 2015 to build consumer-preferred products
- Developed new capsule chemistry to strengthen participation beyond Fabric Care
Become Our Customers’ Partner of Choice: attain commercial excellence
- IFF-LMR Naturals & Haitian Vetiver partner certified “For Life” by the Institute of Marketecology
- Achieved additional core list status with several key customers across both flavors and fragrances
- Won North America innovation award with one of IFF’s largest Flavors customers
- Awarded Supplier Excellence award with one of IFF’s largest Fine Fragrance customers
- Gained industry-leading membership in the Together for Sustainability sustainable sourcing initiative and recognized by CDP as a world leader for corporate action on climate change
Strengthen and Expand the Portfolio: pursue value creation through collaborations & acquisitions
- Lucas Meyer Cosmetics achieved double-digit currency neutral sales growth on a standalone basis
- Ottens Flavors sales improved double-digits with strongest growth coming from regional customers
- Announced partnership with Vapor Communications to pioneer the future of digital scent
“We are pleased to report strong financial results in the third quarter, despite ongoing volatility in many key international markets,” said Chairman and CEO Andreas Fibig. “Thanks in large part to the diversity of our business and our recent acquisitions, we achieved strong revenue growth, gross margin expansion and double-digit increases in adjusted operating profit and adjusted EPS – all on a currency neutral basis.
“Currency neutral sales improved 7%, including three percentage points of growth relating to the acquisition of Ottens Flavors and Lucas Meyer Cosmetics. Overall our top-line performance continues to be driven by strong new wins, particularly in Fragrance Compounds, where the contributions from new wins were at the highest levels in nearly two years. Adjusted operating profit and adjusted EPS on a currency neutral basis grew at a rate faster than sales, both up 10%, as we benefitted from gross margin expansion and fixed cost leverage.
“With a focus on building greater differentiation, accelerating profitable growth and increasing shareholder value, we continued to make strides against our Vision 2020 strategy. In North America – one of the areas we are targeting for leadership positions – the Flavors team has done a nice job integrating our recent acquisition of Ottens Flavors. Leveraging their defined go-to-market strategy – geared toward ensuring we are the partner of choice for key regional accounts – Flavors North America was up 19%. In China, Fragrances grew 6% on a currency neutral basis, despite the volatile economic environment, as we continued to have success with many of the strong regional Consumer Fragrance brands.
“Delivery systems across both flavors and fragrances continued to drive growth. The strong trends in Fabric Care and Beverage continued in the third quarter, led by our encapsulation technology in fragrances and proprietary delivery system in flavors. We were also pleased with the sales of our sweetness and savory modulation portfolios which continued to produce strong results, increasing strong double-digits.
“In addition to the strides we have made from a market share and innovation perspective, we also made progress in our never-ending quest to “become our customers’ partner of choice.” Capitalizing on the trends in naturals, IFF-LMR Naturals received its fourth “For Life” Social Responsibility designation for its Haitian Vetiver operations. We are proud that our commitment to embedding sustainability throughout our business practices and our corporate culture is being acknowledge as evident by our recent CDP Climate “A” List perfect score. We also won an innovation award in North America with one of our largest Flavors customers, which recognizes partners for their thought leadership, and were awarded a supplier excellence award with a large Fine Fragrance customer.
“Strengthening and expanding our portfolio is a focus of ours as we diligently pursue value-creation opportunities in partnerships and collaborations. In the third quarter, we completed the acquisition of Lucas Meyer Cosmetics which helped us expand our product offerings beyond flavors and fragrances into cosmetic active ingredients. We are pleased to report that Lucas Meyer Cosmetics achieved strong double-digit currency neutral sales growth on a standalone basis – a good indication that we are putting our capital to work in areas that accelerate growth. To maintain our legacy of pioneering firsts, we also announced a partnership with Vapor Communications, which we believe will put us on the forefront of digital scent in the years to come.
“Based on our strong year-to-date results and our outlook for more modest sales growth in the fourth quarter – due to challenging comparisons that include an extra week of sales in the prior year – we continue to believe we can deliver 6% full year 2015 currency neutral sales growth, including acquisitions. To correspond with our top-line performance, we continue to believe we can deliver approximately 9% adjusted operating profit growth and 10% adjusted EPS growth, both on a currency neutral basis for full year 2015”.
Fragrances Business Unit
- Currency neutral sales improved 6%, including approximately two percentage points related to the acquisition of Lucas Meyer Cosmetics. Growth was led by high-single-digit growth in Latin America and mid-single-digit improvement in Greater Asia.
- Fine Fragrances increased 1% led by EAME, which improved 5%, as a result of very strong new wins. In Latin America, challenging economic conditions continue to impact Fine Fragrance sales, although the growth rate improved versus the second quarter.
- Consumer Fragrances grew 7% with broad-based growth led by a double-digit increase in Fabric Care and high-single-digit increase in Hair Care. On a geographic basis, all regions delivered growth, led by double-digits in Latin America, all on a currency neutral basis.
- Fragrance Ingredients grew 6% driven by the acquisition of Lucas Meyer Cosmetics. Our organic Fragrance Ingredients sales remained soft as we continued to utilize capacity to further strengthen our internal Fragrance Compounds business.
- Fragrances currency neutral segment profit improved approximately 15% driven by volume growth, benefits from cost and productivity initiatives and lower incentive compensation expense. Segment profit margin on a currency neutral basis increased 180 basis points to 22.4%.
- On a reported basis, sales decreased 2% to $406.0 million in the third quarter compared with $415.1 million in the prior year quarter. Fragrances segment profit increased 5%, or $4.3 million, to $90.9 million.
Flavors Business Unit
- Currency neutral sales grew 8%, including approximately four and a half percentage points related to the acquisition of Ottens Flavors. All categories experienced broad-based growth, with the strongest results in Beverage and Dairy.
- EAME improved 4% led by high-single-digit growth in Beverage. Western Europe reported the highest growth, improving 9%, driven by strong new win performance.
- North America grew 19% reflecting additional sales related to the acquisition of Ottens Flavors and high-double-digit growth in Dairy.
- Latin America increased 20% as all categories reported positive growth. The strong double-digit trend in Beverage continued for the 8th consecutive quarter. Savory and Dairy also grew double-digits as a result of strong new win performance.
- Greater Asia remained constant as growth in Indonesia, India, Singapore and Japan was offset by softness in China, most notably due to a challenging economic environment.
- Flavors currency neutral segment profit improved approximately 9% as sales growth, gross margin expansion and cost and productivity benefits more than offset the inclusion of amortization of intangibles related to the acquisition of Ottens Flavors. Segment profit margin on a currency neutral basis increased 10 basis points to 22.2% in the prior year quarter.
- On a reported basis, sales were flat going to $359.1 million from $358.7 million in the prior year quarter. Flavors segment profit remained constant at $79.8 million from $79.7 million.
A copy of the Company’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q will be available on its website at www.iff.com or at sec.gov by November 11, 2015.
A live webcast to discuss the Company’s third quarter 2015 financial results will be held on November 10, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. EST. Investors may access the webcast and accompanying slide presentation on the Company's website at www.iff.com under the Investor Relations section. For those unable to listen to the live broadcast, a recorded version of the webcast will be made available on the Company's website approximately one hour after the event and will remain available on IFF’s website for one year.
International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) is a leading innovator of sensorial experiences that move the world. At the heart of our company, we are fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly asking “what if?”. That passion for exploration drives us to co-create unique products that consumers taste, smell, or feel in fine fragrances and beauty, detergents and household goods, as well as beloved foods and beverages. Our 6,200 team members globally take advantage of leading consumer insights, research and development, creative expertise, and customer intimacy to develop differentiated offerings for consumer products. Learn more at www.iff.com, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Cautionary Statement Under The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
This press release includes “forward-looking statements” under the Federal Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements regarding our outlook for the fourth quarter and full year 2015, expected returns from our recent acquisitions and partnerships, and our ability to generate shareholder returns and sustain our long-term growth performance. These forward-looking statements are qualified in their entirety by cautionary statements and risk factor disclosures contained in the Company’s Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Commission on March 2, 2015. The Company wishes to caution readers that certain important factors may have affected and could in the future affect the Company’s actual results and could cause the Company’s actual results for subsequent periods to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements made by or on behalf of the Company. With respect to the Company’s expectations regarding these statements, such factors include, but are not limited to: (1) the Company’s ability to implement its Vision 2020 strategy; (2) volatility and increases in the price of raw materials, energy and transportation; (3) the economic and political risks associated with the Company’s international operations; (4) the Company’s ability to benefit from its investments and expansion in emerging markets; (5) fluctuations in the quality and availability of raw materials; (6) changes in consumer preferences and demand for the Company’s products or a decline in consumer confidence and spending; (7) the Company’s ability to implement its business strategy, including the achievement of anticipated cost savings, profitability, realization of price increases and growth targets; (8) the Company’s ability to successfully develop new and competitive products that appeal to its customers and consumers; (9) the impact of a disruption in the Company’s supply chain or its relationship with its suppliers; (10) the impact of currency fluctuations or devaluations in the Company’s principal foreign markets; (11) any adverse impact on the availability, effectiveness and cost of the Company’s hedging and risk management strategies; (12) the effects of any unanticipated costs and construction or start-up delays in the expansion of the Company’s facilities; (13) the Company’s ability to successfully execute acquisitions, collaborations and joint ventures; (14) the Company’s ability to manage unanticipated costs and other adverse financial impacts in connection with its acquisitions; (15) the effect of legal and regulatory proceedings, as well as restrictions imposed on the Company, its operations or its representatives by U.S. and foreign governments; (16) adverse changes in federal, state, local and foreign tax legislation or adverse results of tax audits, assessments, or disputes; and (17) changes in market conditions or governmental regulations relating to our pension and postretirement obligations. New risks emerge from time to time and it is not possible for management to predict all such risk factors or to assess the impact of such risks on the Company’s business. Accordingly, the Company undertakes no obligation to publicly revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
International Flavors & Fragrances Inc.
VP, Global Corporate Communications & Investor Relations:
Michael DeVeau, 212-708-7164
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
The Valence Group Issues Fairness Opinion to SK Capital in Connection with Archroma18.8.2017 13:30 | Pressemelding
The Valence Group has provided a fairness opinion to SK Capital Partners, LP in connection with its recapitalization of Archroma, including investments made by various affiliates of SK Capital. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. About SK Capital SK Capital is a private investment firm focused on the specialty materials, chemicals and pharmaceutical sectors. The firm builds strong and growing businesses that generate substantial long-term value for its investors. SK Capital utilizes its industry, operating and investment experience to identify opportunities to transform businesses into higher performing companies with improved strategic positioning, growth, profitability and risk profiles. The firm currently has approximately $1.9 billion of assets under management and its portfolio companies generate revenues of over $5.0 billion annually and employ approximat
Biker Summer 2017 campaign: What’s happening during Biker Summer 2017? Moto-tyres.co.uk is giving away exciting prizes!18.8.2017 09:22 | Pressemelding
Whether it’s a short weekend break or a long-distance tour – once again this year Moto-tyres.co.uk is asking bikers from 10 countries about their dream destinations and longest journeys as part of its “Biker Summer 2017” campaign. To ensure than nothing gets in the way of your next tour, the two-wheeler tyre store from Delticom, Europe’s leading online tyre dealer, is entering anyone who completes the survey before 30 September 2017 into a prize draw to win some great biking accessories. Simply answer three short questions about your plans for bike tours this year (don’t forget to provide your name and email address), and with a bit of luck, you might win one of these great prizes. Up for grabs are a GARMIN motorbike GPS system, a GoPro camera with helmet bracket and five 200-Pound vouchers for new motorbike tyres from the online store – thanks to the product range at Moto-tyres.co.uk, eve
Lenovo Continues to Gain Momentum in First Quarter FY 2017/1818.8.2017 00:04 | Pressemelding
Behind the strength of its 3-wave strategy, Lenovo’s business transformation continued to gain traction during the first quarter, delivering solid profitability in its core PC and smart devices business, and revenue and profit improvements in targeted growth areas, including the data center and mobile businesses. Fueled by new investments in people and products, Lenovo’s Data Center Group (DCG) introduced the most comprehensive product lineup in its history, with the new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile portfolio, and continued to build out its end-to-end sales organization. Similarly, Lenovo’s Mobile Business Group launched significant new products led by the Moto Z2 Force, available now on all major U.S. carriers, and ramped up its branding efforts worldwide. “In the first quarter this fiscal year, we had stable performance as we executed our 3-wave strategy with commitment. We
Spirent Tests Wi-Fi Network Performance with O2 at the Coca-Cola London Eye17.8.2017 15:57 | Pressemelding
Spirent Communications plc (LSE:SPT), today announced its Landslide E10 network test platform has been used with O2 to validate the Wi-Fi network performance and capacity at the Coca-Cola London Eye, before the launch of a new smartphone application last month. This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170817005758/en/ Spirent Landslide E10 helped O2 validate Wi-Fi performance and capacity at the Coca-Cola London Eye, before the launch of a new smartphone application last month. (Photo: Busines Wire) Merlin Entertainments plc, operator of the London Eye, wanted to measure its Wi-Fi network performance, to ensure its infrastructure could provide an excellent experience for users of the new app, which puts increased demands on the Wi-Fi network. “The London Eye is a global attractio
Watch BizWireTV: A Camera You Can Wear and Krispy Kreme’s Famous Donuts Get Eclipsed with Chocolate17.8.2017 12:08 | Pressemelding
On BizWireTV, catch some Quick Biz Hits and see the latest in Star Power. Also see what’s happening in the startup world with the Accelerator Report, featuring the VC Watch and this week’s Startup Standout. This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170817005305/en/ BizWireTV is hosted by Jordyn Rolling (Photo: Business Wire Now you can watch BizWireTV, and the latest breakthroughs in tech from the biggest brands, on any screen you want by downloading the new app through the Apple TV and iPhone App Store and Google Play for Android devices. Top of the Wire Introducing FrontRow: the camera re-invented. Watch BizWireTV to see more disruptors as well as the top 5 trending stories of the week! A core c
PsiOxus Therapeutics Announce Two New Board Appointments: New Board Appointments Strengthen Company’s US Presence17.8.2017 07:00 | Pressemelding
PsiOxus Therapeutics, Ltd. (PsiOxus) today announced the appointment of Charles Rowland and Duncan Higgons to the Board of Directors as part of an ongoing drive to expand in the US. Charles Rowland was most recently the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals, a clinical stage pharmaceutical company focused on the global lupus nephritis market. Prior to this, he served as the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of ViroPharma, during which time the company grew into a global biopharmaceutical business with $500 million in annual revenues until it was acquired by Shire plc for $4.2 billion. Before joining ViroPharma, Mr. Rowland was executive Vice President, CFO, and interim co-CEO, for Endo Pharmaceuticals. In his earlier career, Charles held finance and operational positions at Biovail Pharmaceuticals, Breakaway Technologies, Pharmacia
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom