IFAC Perspective on Way Forward After Considering Objective Analysis of Monitoring Group Consultation Responses
A large number of responses were received from stakeholders from around the world.
- The 179 responses included investors, standard setters, government auditors, regulators, researchers, individuals, accounting firms and professional organizations from a wide range of geographies.
- In any consultation, the input from all respondents must be considered. It should be noted that 74 professional accountancy organizations, or 41 percent of all respondents, felt strongly enough to provide comments. Notably, the overall, main conclusions from the report remained intact even when responses from these accountancy organizations were removed from the analysis.
The Gibson Dunn analysis highlighted marked differences of opinion across geographies and stakeholder groups on key proposals, but included several overall, main conclusions:
- Respondents generally criticized the premise of the Consultation Paper, namely that there are major concerns with the current standard-setting process. Respondents also expressed concern that a Public Interest Framework to evaluate change has not yet been issued and agreed.
- Respondents generally expressed skepticism regarding the broader governance changes proposed by the Consultation Paper.
- Respondents provided significant support for some operational changes proposed in the Consultation Paper.
After carefully reviewing the report IFAC has the following observations:
Broad support and agreement for any Public Interest Framework is necessary before any of the broader governance changes proposed can be properly assessed .
- While there was virtually universal agreement that any changes must be in the public interest, there was significant criticism that the proposed Public Interest Framework has not been released for consultation.
- The Public Interest Framework, agreed by stakeholders, should include multi stakeholder composition of both the standards boards and their oversight bodies, and should provide the umbrella within which all significant proposals can be evaluated and agreed as an integrated package by key stakeholders.
Seeking consensus on proposals which could have a significant global impact depends not only on the merits of the proposals but also on the way the process is conducted; a new multi stakeholder approach is needed.
- The way forward should be under the direction of a multi stakeholder group that will engage all key stakeholders in a broad, open and collaborative dialogue.
- The need for this multi stakeholder group is reinforced not only by the multi stakeholder elements that should undoubtedly form part of the Public Interest Framework but also by the differences of opinion that currently exist across geographies and stakeholder groups.
- Without this approach global agreement and international acceptance is unlikely.
Change and transition can bring significant disruption and risk that must be mitigated.
- Any steps taken must not jeopardize the existing widespread adoption of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) and International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA) standards, their acknowledged high quality, or the standard boards' current work plans.
- This concern is particularly relevant at a time when the standard-setting process must deal in a timely way with the impact of changes to complex accounting standards, as well as a rapidly changing technology and audit environment.
- Any changes proposed must be justified on a cost/benefit basis and have widespread international support, particularly as there is general agreement among respondents on the absence of significant problems with the current standard-setting processes.
- Forming a multi stakeholder group to take the process forward should assist in mitigating disruption and risk.
Steps to improve operational processes can and should be taken quickly.
- There is strong support for some operational changes.
- IFAC takes its responsibility to support the operations of the independent standard-setting boards very seriously.
- IFAC is reviewing identified operational areas with IAASB and IESBA leadership and other stakeholders to determine the actions they would agree can be taken now to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations of the two boards in the public interest.
IFAC intends to actively engage with all stakeholders to seek a revised approach to improve the standard-setting process, that responds constructively to the feedback received, and that is:
- Grounded in a Public Interest Framework that needs to be agreed as a first step in the process.
- Under the direction of a multi stakeholder group.
- Designed to minimize disruption and risk.
- Focused on making agreed operational improvements.
IFAC welcomes stakeholders' reactions to these observations.
Please send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of Communications
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: International Federation of Accountants via Globenewswire
Om Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
+1 212 401 8700http://www.nasdaqomx.com
NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
The Graduate Management Admission Council Selects Three New Business Schools for Membership10.12.2018 16:26 | Pressemelding
Schools Bring Expertise and Insight in Support of GMAC Mission RESTON, Va., Dec. 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), a global association of leading graduate business schools, welcomes three new members. The addition of ESCP Europe, WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, and Xavier University Bhubaneswar brings GMAC’s total membership to 225. Select business schools are invited to apply for GMAC membership by its Board of Directors. Each school goes through a comprehensive application process that addresses the sustained commitments to supporting GMAC’s mission: providing the tools and information necessary for schools and talent to discover and evaluate each other. “GMAC continues to strengthen our membership of graduate business schools that are not only working to address the changing needs of students, but also understanding the landscape and what can be done to better prepare students for their careers,” said Sangeet Chowfla, president
Doc re. GE Files Form 8-K10.12.2018 16:08 | Pressemelding
FAIRFIELD, Conn., Dec. 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Company General Electric Company ISIN US3696041033 Symbol London: GEC | Paris: GNE Headline Doc re: GE files Form 8-K December 10, 2018 On December 10, 2018, General Electric Company (the "Company") filed a Form 8-K with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), which has been submitted to RNS. It is also available on the SEC's website at http://www.sec.gov and on the Company's website at https://www.ge.com/investor-relations/events-reports. http://www.rns-pdf.londonstockexchange.com/rns/0008K_1-2018-12-10.pdf CONTACT: GE Jennifer Erickson +001 646 682 5620 email@example.com This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visi
Robex Resources Inc.: Drilling Results Confirming and Extending Gold Mineralization at Nampala10.12.2018 15:28 | Pressemelding
QUÉBEC CITY, Dec. 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Robex Resources Inc. (« Robex » and/or « the Company ») (TSXV : RBX / FWB : RB4) is pleased to provide drilling results from the ongoing drill definition and exploration program at its 100% owned Nampala gold project located in the Sikasso administrative region of the Republic of Mali. The 20,000 meters drill program commenced in September 2018. The program is currently focused on infill drilling within the Nampala open pit and resource area and on exploration drilling on the adjacent Mininko exploration permit. The Company is reporting assay results from 57 drill holes (totaling 5,392 metres): 13 diamond drill holes (totaling 1,272 meters) and 44 RC holes (totaling 4,120 meters). The program is still ongoing and other results will be reported once the results are received, validated and compiled. In this release, significant assay results from 43 intercepts in 23 drill holes are reported herein are provided in Table 1 below and include th
WillScot Announces Completion of Warrant Exchange Offer10.12.2018 15:09 | Pressemelding
BALTIMORE, Dec. 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- WillScot Corporation (“WillScot”) (NASDAQ: WSC), the specialty rental services market leader providing innovative modular space and portable storage solutions across North America, today announced the completion of its previously announced exchange offer (the “Exchange Offer”) relating to certain outstanding warrants (the “Warrants”). The Exchange Offer expired at 11:59 p.m., Eastern Time, on December 7, 2018. Under the terms of the Exchange Offer, each Warrant holder had the opportunity to receive 0.18182 shares of WillScot Class A Common Stock, par value $0.0001 per share (“Common Stock”), for each Warrant tendered by the holder and exchanged pursuant to the Exchange Offer. As of the expiration of the Exchange Offer on December 7, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, 45,131,827 outstanding Warrants were properly tendered and not withdrawn in the Exchange Offer. 45,031,827 of the Warrants tendered were public warrants, representing approximatel
CERESPIR INCORPORATED and the NATIONAL NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE SINGAPORE Announce Positive Data Showing Beneficial Effects of CERESPIR’s Clinical Stage Compound Itanapraced in a LRRK2 Model of Parkinson’s Disease 10.12.2018 15:00 | Pressemelding
Itanapraced blocks LRRK2 expression and LRRK2-mediated neurotoxicity Itanapraced ready to advance to Phase 2 in Parkinson’s disease patients with and without genetic mutation NEW YORK and SINGAPORE, Dec. 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CERESPIR INCORPORATED a pharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery and development of disease-modifying therapeutics for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, and THE NATIONAL NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE SINGAPORE, a national and international center of excellence in neuroscience with its mission to improve lives through integrated clinical service, research and education, announced today that they have obtained animal proof of concept for CERESPIR’s clinical stage compound itanapraced in Parkinson’s disease models. Specifically, itanapraced, which was previously tested with positive results in patients with mild cognitive impairment (MCI), was shown to block the expression of LRRK2 and, additionally, prevent neurotoxicity resulting in the preservati
DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals announces its new name - Centrient Pharmaceuticals10.12.2018 13:29 | Pressemelding
The name, resulting from a change in ownership, reflects its role at the centre of modern healthcare ROTTERDAM, Netherlands, Dec. 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Effective December 10, 2018 Centrient Pharmaceuticals is the new name for DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals, the leading manufacturer of beta-lactam antibiotics and a provider of next-generation statins and anti-fungals . The new name has been chosen to reflect the company’s key contribution to modern healthcare, and marks the next phase in its strategic evolution following a change of ownership to Bain Capital Private Equity. CEO Karl Rotthier states: “Our bold and creative new name and logo showcase our company as one which prides itself on being at the centre of modern healthcare, through our life-saving active pharmaceutical ingredients and finished dosage forms. We’re building on a rich history that began 150 years ago as the ‘Nederlandsche Gist- en Spiritusfabriek’, then Gist Brocades and more recently DSM Sinochem Pharmaceutica
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom