IFAC Perspective on Way Forward After Considering Objective Analysis of Monitoring Group Consultation Responses
A large number of responses were received from stakeholders from around the world.
- The 179 responses included investors, standard setters, government auditors, regulators, researchers, individuals, accounting firms and professional organizations from a wide range of geographies.
- In any consultation, the input from all respondents must be considered. It should be noted that 74 professional accountancy organizations, or 41 percent of all respondents, felt strongly enough to provide comments. Notably, the overall, main conclusions from the report remained intact even when responses from these accountancy organizations were removed from the analysis.
The Gibson Dunn analysis highlighted marked differences of opinion across geographies and stakeholder groups on key proposals, but included several overall, main conclusions:
- Respondents generally criticized the premise of the Consultation Paper, namely that there are major concerns with the current standard-setting process. Respondents also expressed concern that a Public Interest Framework to evaluate change has not yet been issued and agreed.
- Respondents generally expressed skepticism regarding the broader governance changes proposed by the Consultation Paper.
- Respondents provided significant support for some operational changes proposed in the Consultation Paper.
After carefully reviewing the report IFAC has the following observations:
Broad support and agreement for any Public Interest Framework is necessary before any of the broader governance changes proposed can be properly assessed .
- While there was virtually universal agreement that any changes must be in the public interest, there was significant criticism that the proposed Public Interest Framework has not been released for consultation.
- The Public Interest Framework, agreed by stakeholders, should include multi stakeholder composition of both the standards boards and their oversight bodies, and should provide the umbrella within which all significant proposals can be evaluated and agreed as an integrated package by key stakeholders.
Seeking consensus on proposals which could have a significant global impact depends not only on the merits of the proposals but also on the way the process is conducted; a new multi stakeholder approach is needed.
- The way forward should be under the direction of a multi stakeholder group that will engage all key stakeholders in a broad, open and collaborative dialogue.
- The need for this multi stakeholder group is reinforced not only by the multi stakeholder elements that should undoubtedly form part of the Public Interest Framework but also by the differences of opinion that currently exist across geographies and stakeholder groups.
- Without this approach global agreement and international acceptance is unlikely.
Change and transition can bring significant disruption and risk that must be mitigated.
- Any steps taken must not jeopardize the existing widespread adoption of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) and International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA) standards, their acknowledged high quality, or the standard boards' current work plans.
- This concern is particularly relevant at a time when the standard-setting process must deal in a timely way with the impact of changes to complex accounting standards, as well as a rapidly changing technology and audit environment.
- Any changes proposed must be justified on a cost/benefit basis and have widespread international support, particularly as there is general agreement among respondents on the absence of significant problems with the current standard-setting processes.
- Forming a multi stakeholder group to take the process forward should assist in mitigating disruption and risk.
Steps to improve operational processes can and should be taken quickly.
- There is strong support for some operational changes.
- IFAC takes its responsibility to support the operations of the independent standard-setting boards very seriously.
- IFAC is reviewing identified operational areas with IAASB and IESBA leadership and other stakeholders to determine the actions they would agree can be taken now to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations of the two boards in the public interest.
IFAC intends to actively engage with all stakeholders to seek a revised approach to improve the standard-setting process, that responds constructively to the feedback received, and that is:
- Grounded in a Public Interest Framework that needs to be agreed as a first step in the process.
- Under the direction of a multi stakeholder group.
- Designed to minimize disruption and risk.
- Focused on making agreed operational improvements.
IFAC welcomes stakeholders' reactions to these observations.
Please send any comments to email@example.com.
Head of Communications
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: International Federation of Accountants via Globenewswire
Om Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
+1 212 401 8700http://www.nasdaqomx.com
NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
GlobeNewswire Test Release19.5.2018 07:00 | Pressemelding
LOS ANGELES, May 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- This is a test from GlobeNewswire. Readers are advised to disregard. TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING – -END- CONTACT: Karen Yu Director, GlobeNewswire Product Management Direct: +1 310 258 6917 Mobile: +1 626 389 7427 or Magali Rolandez Senior Manager, Media Relations/Content Distribution Europe Direct: +44 (0) 203 753 2215 Mobile: +44 (0) 7785 619 539
BK Ultrasound, Powered by Analogic, Launches bkSpecto Ultrasound System for Urology at the 2018 American Urological Association Annual Meeting18.5.2018 23:23 | Pressemelding
PEABODY, Mass., May 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Analogic Corporation (Nasdaq:ALOG), enabling the world's medical imaging and aviation security technology, today announced that it will launch the bkSpecto(TM) ultrasound system at the 113th AUA (American Urological Association) Annual Meeting, May 18-21, in San Francisco. bkSpecto-taken from the Latin word Specto, meaning 'I see'-is BK Ultrasound's all-new ultrasound platform designed for clinical practices. bkSpecto combines BK's advanced auto-optimization algorithms with faster processing to render exceptional anatomical imaging detail with minimal manual adjustment by the user. The system has a unique glass touch-based interface using BK's Tru-Sense(TM) technology to provide 'sightless navigation.' The interface enables tactile feedback with or without gloves, providing an intuitive, self-guided user experience. The interface is also customizable, enabling personalized and faster user workflows. The small footprint of bkSpecto makes
Brookfield Asset Management Announces Renewal of Normal Course Issuer Bid18.5.2018 12:55 | Pressemelding
TORONTO, May 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. (NYSE:BAM) (TSX:BAM.A) (EURONEXT:BAMA) ("Brookfield") today announced it has received approval from the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") for the renewal of its normal course issuer bid to purchase up to 82,315,909 Class A Limited Voting Shares ("Class A Shares"), representing 10% of the public float of Brookfield's outstanding Class A Shares. Purchases under the bid will be made through the facilities of the TSX, the New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") and any alternative Canadian trading system. The period of the normal course issuer bid will extend from May 24, 2018 to May 23, 2019, or an earlier date should Brookfield complete its purchases. Brookfield will pay the market price at the time of acquisition for any Class A Shares purchased. As at May 1, 2018, the number of Class A Shares issued and outstanding totalled 991,857,711, of which 823,159,095 shares represented the public float. In accordance with the rules
Skybox Security and Exclusive Networks Announce New Partnership for Middle East Distribution of the Skybox Security Suite17.5.2018 18:41 | Pressemelding
The cybersecurity management platform ensures networks remain secure and compliant as organisations migrate to cloud and merge networks SAN JOSE, Calif., May 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Skybox(TM) Security, a global leader in cybersecurity management, announced today a new partnership with Exclusive Networks for distribution of Skybox solutions in the Middle East, including the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region and Egypt. Exclusive Networks will deploy and service the Skybox(TM) Security Suite, a broad security management platform that provides comprehensive attack surface visibility and enables unified vulnerability management and firewall/security policy management across an organization's entire network, including in physical, multi-cloud and OT environments. "Driven by government outlays (with oil, gas and defence industries leading the charge), Middle East organisations are looking for trusted security advisors who can navigate digital transformations and reduce risks - espec
Dermatological Symposium Tackles the Effects of Pollution on Skin17.5.2018 16:03 | Pressemelding
Researchers Present Compelling Evidence Showing the Effects of Pollution on Skin Health at Symposium Sponsored by Mary Kay Inc. DALLAS, May 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mary Kay Inc. announced four keynote speakers for its symposium to be held during the prestigious International Investigative Dermatology (IID) Meeting on May 16 to 19, 2018 in Orlando, Florida. The IID meeting occurs once every 5 years, and brings together scientists from across the globe, highlighting the latest in cutting edge science in dermatology. The Mary Kay sponsored Symposium features four global experts including Dr. Liang Liu, Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Columbia University; Dr. Max Costa, Professor and Chairman of the department of Environmental Medicine, New York University School of Medicine; Dr. Jean Krutmann, Chair of Environmental Medicine at the Medical Faculty of Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf and Director of the Leibniz Research Institute of Environmental Medicine in Dusseldorf, German
Talend Opens Nomination Period for Data Masters Awards17.5.2018 14:21 | Pressemelding
Annual Program Showcases Customers' Innovative Use of Cloud Technologies for Digital Transformation REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Talend (NASDAQ: TLND), a global leader in cloud and big data integration solutions, officially opened the submission period for its fourth annual Data Masters Awards. This program celebrates companies using Talend solutions in innovative, forward-thinking ways to put more data to work and enable more informed and impactful business decisions. Organizations interested in nominating a project can complete an official entry form here. Finalists will be chosen from Talend's more than 1,500 global customers representing large enterprises and private firms across all major industries including banking and insurance, consumer goods, healthcare, manufacturing and retail. Past award recipients include some of the world's best-known brands including: AIG, Air France/KLM, Beachbody, Citi, Credit Agricole Consumer Finance, GE Healthcare, HERMES
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom