IFAC Perspective on Way Forward After Considering Objective Analysis of Monitoring Group Consultation Responses
A large number of responses were received from stakeholders from around the world.
- The 179 responses included investors, standard setters, government auditors, regulators, researchers, individuals, accounting firms and professional organizations from a wide range of geographies.
- In any consultation, the input from all respondents must be considered. It should be noted that 74 professional accountancy organizations, or 41 percent of all respondents, felt strongly enough to provide comments. Notably, the overall, main conclusions from the report remained intact even when responses from these accountancy organizations were removed from the analysis.
The Gibson Dunn analysis highlighted marked differences of opinion across geographies and stakeholder groups on key proposals, but included several overall, main conclusions:
- Respondents generally criticized the premise of the Consultation Paper, namely that there are major concerns with the current standard-setting process. Respondents also expressed concern that a Public Interest Framework to evaluate change has not yet been issued and agreed.
- Respondents generally expressed skepticism regarding the broader governance changes proposed by the Consultation Paper.
- Respondents provided significant support for some operational changes proposed in the Consultation Paper.
After carefully reviewing the report IFAC has the following observations:
Broad support and agreement for any Public Interest Framework is necessary before any of the broader governance changes proposed can be properly assessed .
- While there was virtually universal agreement that any changes must be in the public interest, there was significant criticism that the proposed Public Interest Framework has not been released for consultation.
- The Public Interest Framework, agreed by stakeholders, should include multi stakeholder composition of both the standards boards and their oversight bodies, and should provide the umbrella within which all significant proposals can be evaluated and agreed as an integrated package by key stakeholders.
Seeking consensus on proposals which could have a significant global impact depends not only on the merits of the proposals but also on the way the process is conducted; a new multi stakeholder approach is needed.
- The way forward should be under the direction of a multi stakeholder group that will engage all key stakeholders in a broad, open and collaborative dialogue.
- The need for this multi stakeholder group is reinforced not only by the multi stakeholder elements that should undoubtedly form part of the Public Interest Framework but also by the differences of opinion that currently exist across geographies and stakeholder groups.
- Without this approach global agreement and international acceptance is unlikely.
Change and transition can bring significant disruption and risk that must be mitigated.
- Any steps taken must not jeopardize the existing widespread adoption of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) and International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA) standards, their acknowledged high quality, or the standard boards' current work plans.
- This concern is particularly relevant at a time when the standard-setting process must deal in a timely way with the impact of changes to complex accounting standards, as well as a rapidly changing technology and audit environment.
- Any changes proposed must be justified on a cost/benefit basis and have widespread international support, particularly as there is general agreement among respondents on the absence of significant problems with the current standard-setting processes.
- Forming a multi stakeholder group to take the process forward should assist in mitigating disruption and risk.
Steps to improve operational processes can and should be taken quickly.
- There is strong support for some operational changes.
- IFAC takes its responsibility to support the operations of the independent standard-setting boards very seriously.
- IFAC is reviewing identified operational areas with IAASB and IESBA leadership and other stakeholders to determine the actions they would agree can be taken now to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations of the two boards in the public interest.
IFAC intends to actively engage with all stakeholders to seek a revised approach to improve the standard-setting process, that responds constructively to the feedback received, and that is:
- Grounded in a Public Interest Framework that needs to be agreed as a first step in the process.
- Under the direction of a multi stakeholder group.
- Designed to minimize disruption and risk.
- Focused on making agreed operational improvements.
IFAC welcomes stakeholders' reactions to these observations.
Please send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of Communications
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: International Federation of Accountants via Globenewswire
Om Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
+1 212 401 8700http://www.nasdaqomx.com
NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Manufacturing Leadership Forum Will Highlight Enabling Industry 4.0 with Analytics25.9.2018 15:06 | Pressemelding
Upcoming Dates in Houston, Texas and Antwerp, Belgium PORTLAND, Ore., Sept. 25, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- New dates for The Manufacturing Leadership Forum were announced today including Houston, Texas, US on October 9, 2018 at the Petroleum Club of Houston and on November 28, 2018 in Antwerp, Belgium at the Lindner WTC Hotel & City Lounge. The events are sponsored by Northwest Analytics, a leading provider of manufacturing intelligence and SPC software solutions for manufacturers. This premier manufacturing analytics educational event focuses on enabling Industry 4.0 programs with manufacturing analytics. The Forums will feature keynotes and case-study presentations from globally-recognized leaders in the application of manufacturing analytics. In its fourth year, The Manufacturing Leadership Forum will open with a keynote from analytics visionary, Dr. Lloyd Colegrove, Director of Data Services & Fundamental Problem Solving at The Dow Chemical Company. “The Manufacturing Leadership Foru
Checkpoint Therapeutics Announces Presentation of Updated Data from Phase 1/2 Trial of EGFR Inhibitor CK-10125.9.2018 14:00 | Pressemelding
Data were featured in an oral presentation at the IASLC 19th World Conference on Lung Cancer Phase 3 trial in treatment-naïve EGFR mutation-positive NSCLC patients targeted to commence in 2019 NEW YORK, Sept. 25, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Checkpoint Therapeutics, Inc. (“Checkpoint”) (NASDAQ: CKPT), a clinical-stage immuno-oncology biopharmaceutical company focused on the acquisition, development and commercialization of novel treatments for patients with solid tumor cancers, today announced that positive preliminary safety and efficacy data from an ongoing Phase 1/2 clinical trial of CK-101 were presented yesterday in an oral presentation at the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) 19th World Conference on Lung Cancer in Toronto. The oral presentation included further details on, and updates from, the dataset announced previously. CK-101 is a third-generation epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) being evaluated in advanced non
SpeeDx Begins Multisite U.S. Clinical Trials of ResistancePlus® MG Test25.9.2018 14:00 | Pressemelding
Test supports international guidelines for treating antibiotic resistant STI SYDNEY, Australia, Sept. 25, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SpeeDx Pty. Ltd. today announced the start of patient testing in their multisite U.S.-based clinical trials for ResistancePlus® MG (not available for sale in the U.S.). The molecular diagnostic test detects the sexually transmitted infection (STI) Mycoplasma genitalium, also known as Mgen or MG, along with genetic markers linked to antibiotic resistance. In recent years, Mgen prevalence has increased globally and developed high rates of resistance to the common antibiotic treatment, azithromycin. "This test is an exciting new development that will increase the precision of patient care for patients impacted by Mycoplasma genitalium - a common sexually transmitted infection with limited treatment options,” notes Dr Maria Trent, Professor of Pediatrics and Public Health at Johns Hopkins Medicine. The SpeeDx ResistancePlus MG test is in use in laboratories acr
Novavax Initiates Phase 2 Clinical Trial of NanoFlu™ in Older Adults25.9.2018 13:00 | Pressemelding
First participants enrolled in Phase 2 clinical trial of quadrivalent NanoFlu formulations Top-line immunogenicity and safety data expected in the first quarter of 2019 Phase 2 results will support meeting with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Phase 3 clinical trial design GAITHERSBURG, Md., Sept. 25, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Novavax, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVAX) today announced the initiation of a Phase 2 dose and formulation confirmation clinical trial in older adults of NanoFlu, its nanoparticle seasonal influenza vaccine candidate. “Initiating this Phase 2 clinical trial of NanoFlu is an important milestone for Novavax,” said Stanley C. Erck, President and Chief Executive Officer of Novavax. “With top-line results expected in the first quarter of 2019, we plan to discuss these data with the FDA at an ‘End of Phase 2’ meeting and to agree on the appropriate Phase 3 clinical trial design to support licensure via accelerated approval. We continue to believe NanoFlu is a differen
CGAP Launches Photo and Video Contest Theme for 2018: Financial Inclusion in Africa25.9.2018 13:00 | Pressemelding
This year's CGAP contest is the first ever to accept short video entries WASHINGTON, Sept. 25, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Consultative Group to Assist the Poor’s (CGAP) 13th annual photo contest, launched today, is seeking striking images on financial inclusion in Africa. For the first time, short video submissions on Africa also will be accepted. Entries may be submitted through December 14, 2018. Each contestant may submit up to 20 photos or videos to compete for the Grand Prize worth US$ 2,000. This year CGAP is looking for original and compelling photographs and short videos that tell the story of how financial services empower poor people and communities in Africa. The region is a center for financial innovation -- home to M-Pesa, the mobile money service launched a decade ago now replicated across markets worldwide; host to vibrant FinTech and e-commerce companies; and to a growing off-grid sector that leverages digital finance. Together these innovators contribute toward lifti
Kick-starting health in the workplace25.9.2018 10:00 | Pressemelding
Over 800 organizations step, bike, swim and yoga their way to better health and wellbeing as the May 2018 Virgin Pulse Global Challenge Concludes ZURICH, Switzerland, Sept. 25, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- On August 30th more than 270,000 people, across 144 countries, completed Virgin Pulse’s 100-day Global Challenge, moving them towards a more active, healthy and productive lifestyle. With this achievement, Virgin Pulse, an international leader in employee health and wellbeing, once again proves it’s helping to improve employee lives for good. The company’s Global Challenge event encourages exercise, mindfulness and healthy habits at work, leading to a happier culture and reduced costs to the organization. “Through increased awareness, education and motivation, employees master long-term, sustainable habits allowing them to arrive at work feeling more engaged, productive and equipped for peak performance,” says David Osborne, Chief Executive Officer of Virgin Pulse. “The follow-on effects
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom