IFAC Perspective on Way Forward After Considering Objective Analysis of Monitoring Group Consultation Responses
A large number of responses were received from stakeholders from around the world.
- The 179 responses included investors, standard setters, government auditors, regulators, researchers, individuals, accounting firms and professional organizations from a wide range of geographies.
- In any consultation, the input from all respondents must be considered. It should be noted that 74 professional accountancy organizations, or 41 percent of all respondents, felt strongly enough to provide comments. Notably, the overall, main conclusions from the report remained intact even when responses from these accountancy organizations were removed from the analysis.
The Gibson Dunn analysis highlighted marked differences of opinion across geographies and stakeholder groups on key proposals, but included several overall, main conclusions:
- Respondents generally criticized the premise of the Consultation Paper, namely that there are major concerns with the current standard-setting process. Respondents also expressed concern that a Public Interest Framework to evaluate change has not yet been issued and agreed.
- Respondents generally expressed skepticism regarding the broader governance changes proposed by the Consultation Paper.
- Respondents provided significant support for some operational changes proposed in the Consultation Paper.
After carefully reviewing the report IFAC has the following observations:
Broad support and agreement for any Public Interest Framework is necessary before any of the broader governance changes proposed can be properly assessed .
- While there was virtually universal agreement that any changes must be in the public interest, there was significant criticism that the proposed Public Interest Framework has not been released for consultation.
- The Public Interest Framework, agreed by stakeholders, should include multi stakeholder composition of both the standards boards and their oversight bodies, and should provide the umbrella within which all significant proposals can be evaluated and agreed as an integrated package by key stakeholders.
Seeking consensus on proposals which could have a significant global impact depends not only on the merits of the proposals but also on the way the process is conducted; a new multi stakeholder approach is needed.
- The way forward should be under the direction of a multi stakeholder group that will engage all key stakeholders in a broad, open and collaborative dialogue.
- The need for this multi stakeholder group is reinforced not only by the multi stakeholder elements that should undoubtedly form part of the Public Interest Framework but also by the differences of opinion that currently exist across geographies and stakeholder groups.
- Without this approach global agreement and international acceptance is unlikely.
Change and transition can bring significant disruption and risk that must be mitigated.
- Any steps taken must not jeopardize the existing widespread adoption of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) and International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA) standards, their acknowledged high quality, or the standard boards' current work plans.
- This concern is particularly relevant at a time when the standard-setting process must deal in a timely way with the impact of changes to complex accounting standards, as well as a rapidly changing technology and audit environment.
- Any changes proposed must be justified on a cost/benefit basis and have widespread international support, particularly as there is general agreement among respondents on the absence of significant problems with the current standard-setting processes.
- Forming a multi stakeholder group to take the process forward should assist in mitigating disruption and risk.
Steps to improve operational processes can and should be taken quickly.
- There is strong support for some operational changes.
- IFAC takes its responsibility to support the operations of the independent standard-setting boards very seriously.
- IFAC is reviewing identified operational areas with IAASB and IESBA leadership and other stakeholders to determine the actions they would agree can be taken now to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations of the two boards in the public interest.
IFAC intends to actively engage with all stakeholders to seek a revised approach to improve the standard-setting process, that responds constructively to the feedback received, and that is:
- Grounded in a Public Interest Framework that needs to be agreed as a first step in the process.
- Under the direction of a multi stakeholder group.
- Designed to minimize disruption and risk.
- Focused on making agreed operational improvements.
IFAC welcomes stakeholders' reactions to these observations.
Please send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of Communications
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: International Federation of Accountants via Globenewswire
Om Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
+1 212 401 8700http://www.nasdaqomx.com
NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Canada's CoinField cryptocurrency exchange going international with commission-free trading app moonGO through a new partnership23.7.2018 11:30 | Pressemelding
moonGO(TM) app is the fastest and most reliable way to buy/sell and store cryptocurrencies. The app allows users to convert cryptos directly to EUR/USD to be loaded into their moonGo(TM) card and be used anywhere worldwide whether they're shopping online or spending it at a physical retailer who accepts credit cards. VANCOUVER, British Columbia, July 23, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CoinField, the most advanced cryptocurrency exchange in Canada is now extending its services worldwide thanks to a new partnership with Malta's Manticore Ventures to create moonGO(TM), a powerful app designed for traders who thrive on agility, flexibility and security. With moonGO(TM), users can set up their trading accounts in about 60 seconds, withdraw fiat currency as Euro or US dollars in the form of moonGO(TM) cards, and use the moonGO(TM) cards to make purchases online or at any retailer that accepts credit cards. The moonGO(TM) app will take CoinField's sterling reputation outside of Canada and make its
UK drafts new M. genitalium guidelines: Resistance Guided Therapy to tackle antibiotic resistance23.7.2018 09:00 | Pressemelding
BASHH aiming to raise awareness of Mgen and curb rising antibiotic resistance LONDON, July 23, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The British Association of Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH) draft guidelines for the sexually transmitted infection Mycoplasma genitalium (Mgen) were posted for consultation on July 8th, 20181[link]. The guideline recommends Resistance Guided Therapy as best practice when treating an Mgen infection, with a strong recommendation for diagnostic tests to direct appropriate antibiotic treatment. Mgen is highly resistant to antibiotics, up to 50% of infections are already resistant to the first-line treatment, azithromycin.2,3 This rate may rise if infections are treated without knowledge of resistance status. The success of Resistance Guided Therapy as treatment for Mgen was published in Clinical Infectious Diseases, June 20182 [link].Cure rates increased from under 68% to over 92% by switching the first-line drug and using the SpeeDx Resistance Plus® MG* test to triage pati
Gratomic Announces Non-Brokered Private Placement21.7.2018 19:41 | Pressemelding
TORONTO, July 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gratomic Inc. ("GRAT" or the "Company") (TSX-V:GRAT) (FRANKFURT:CB81) (WKN:A143MR) is pleased to announce the offering of a non-brokered private placement of up to 20,000,000 working capital units (the "WC Unit") for up to $2,000,000 (the "Offering"). Each WC Unit is priced at $0.10 and consists of one (1) common share and one (1) common share purchase warrant ("WC Warrant"). Each WC Warrant entitles the holder to purchase one (1) common share (a "WC Warrant Share") at a price of $0.20 per WC Warrant Share until the earlier of: (i) three (3) years following the Closing of the Offering; and (ii) in the event that the closing price of the Common Shares on the TSX Venture Exchange is at least $0.30 for ten (10) consecutive trading days, and the 10th trading day (the "Final Trading Day") is at least four (4) months from the Closing Date, the date which is thirty (30) days from the Final Trading Day. Eligible Finders may receive 5% of the value of
eGain Enables Conversational Customer Service Through Apple Business Chat20.7.2018 12:30 | Pressemelding
SUNNYVALE, Calif. and NEWBURY, United Kingdom, July 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- eGain (NASDAQ:EGAN), the leading provider of cloud-based customer engagement solutions, today announced its integration with Apple Business Chat. According to Gartner, requests for customer support through consumer mobile messaging apps will exceed requests for customer support through traditional social media by 2019*. Moreover, 56% of consumers surveyed in a Nielsen study would rather message a business than call customer service, and 67% expect to message businesses even more over the next two years. Key capabilities Among key capabilities of the integrated solution are: Enabling hundreds of millions of consumers on iPhone and iPad to interact with businesses through the Messages app Leverage eGain AI to infer customer intent, power bot conversations through messaging, route escalations to contact center agents, and guide agents through messaging conversations Provide immersive customer experiences with
Marcus Hiles - Texas Takes #1 Four Years in a Row in America's Top States for Business19.7.2018 23:39 | Pressemelding
DALLAS, July 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The future business scene in Texas is looking brighter than ever as the state continues to hold its place as a national leader. Growth is spreading across areas such as North Texas, Houston and San Antonio with businesses quickly expanding their operations in the state that offers some of the best in business-friendly climates and overall growth potential. Tapping into the market recently are global leaders such as Toyota, Liberty Mutual and JP Morgan who have taken advantage of the state's increasing network of commercial properties, workforce and business resources. Named by CNBC for the fourth consecutive year as America's Top State for Business, Texas scored above all 50 states on overall business competitiveness. With the business hub building on its role as a national leader for the past decade, this top rank title reflects the progress Texas has made in cementing its place in the global economy. "This national recognition comes without s
Second Quarter 2018 Results Conference Call19.7.2018 21:34 | Pressemelding
AURORA, Ontario, July 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Magna International Inc. (TSX:MG) (NYSE:MGA) SECOND QUARTER 2018 RESULTS CONFERENCE CALL WEDNESDAY - AUGUST 8th, 2018 7:30 AM ET DIAL IN NUMBERS North America Toll Free: International Toll: Webcast: 1-888-223-4641 1-416-981-9080 www.magna.com Slide presentation will be available on our website prior to the call. REBROADCAST INFORMATION Replay available 2 hours after the call until August 15, 2018 North America Toll Free: International Toll: Reservation No.: 1-800-558-5253 1-416-626-4100 21892829 INVESTOR CONTACT Louis Tonelli, Vice-President, Investor Relations email@example.com, 905-726-7035 TELECONFERENCE CONTACT Nancy Hansford, Executive Assistant, Investor Relations firstname.lastname@example.org, 905-726-7108 This announcement is distributed by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions on behalf of Nasdaq Corporate Solutions clients. The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originali
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom