Hilton Led Hospitality Industry in Customer Innovations and Recorded Best Ever Growth in 2017
In 2017, Hilton (NYSE: HLT) achieved record-setting growth, unveiled industry-leading innovations, and introduced new benefits for guests and Team Members.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180122005292/en/
Hilton Led Hospitality Industry in Customer Innovations and Recorded Best Ever Growth in 2017 (Graphic: Business Wire)
2017 was a year of industry firsts, including the launch of Five Feet To Fitness, Hilton Honors loyalty program partnership with Amazon, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, and workplace innovations that received international recognition. It was also the year that Hilton introduced a ground-breaking concept – Connected Room – the first truly mobile-centric hotel room that will let guests personalize and control their stays from the award-winning Hilton Honors smartphone app.
“Last year was another pioneering year for our team around the world, with the launch of new technologies, brands, and partnerships that redefine the guest experience,” said Christopher J. Nassetta, president & chief executive officer, Hilton. “After achieving record numbers across all development metrics, we look forward to driving even greater momentum as we charge toward Hilton’s centennial anniversary in 2019.”
“For the third straight year, Hilton recorded its best ever results in net unit growth, approvals, and construction starts,” said Kevin Jacobs, chief financial officer, Hilton. “We achieved 6.5 percent net unit growth, a record 51,574 net new rooms, and finished 2017 with the highest number of rooms under construction in the industry.”
- Opened more than a hotel a day, creating 23,000 new hotel jobs and adding 399 properties to surpass 5,200 properties globally.
- Signed more than 700 hotels globally, including more than 100,000 rooms for the third consecutive year. Our existing system and pipeline is now a record 1.2 million rooms, with 345,000 rooms and more than 2,200 hotels in development.
- Finished the year with 21 percent of all rooms under construction globally – the most in the industry and 4.3 times Hilton’s existing market share.
- Extended Hilton’s hospitality to approximately 160 million guests across a record 105 countries and territories.
- Grew Hilton Honors to more than 71 million members, adding 11.5 million new members.
- Opened Hilton’s 5,000th property – the first Tru by Hilton, located in Oklahoma City. Continuing the most successful brand launch in industry history, we have since opened eight more properties and have more than 470 hotels in various stages of the development process.
- Launched upscale collection brand, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, approved nearly 30 new deals, and opened the first property – the Hotel Skyler Syracuse in New York.
- Achieved major regional and brand milestones including the opening of the 100th Greater China hotel with the Hilton Quanzhou, the 200th Asia Pacific hotel with the Waldorf Astoria Chengdu, the 100th Latin America hotel with Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, 100,000 rooms trading in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa region, and the 500th DoubleTree by Hilton and 900th All Suites property.
- Launched the Hilton Africa Growth Initiative to add 100 properties to Hilton’s Sub-Saharan African portfolio in the next five years.
- Expanded the Luxury portfolio with openings of marquee properties including the Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, Conrad Fort Lauderdale, and the first Canopy by Hilton in North America at the Wharf in Washington, D.C.
- Completed the spin-offs of Park Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Grand Vacations.
- Unveiled Connected Room, a first-of-its-kind, high-tech room that enables guests to personalize and control every aspect of their stay from the Hilton Honors app. Connected Room is live in one hotel, and will deploy across several more in the coming weeks, scaling rapidly to hotels across the United States in 2018.
- Opened the Innovation Gallery, an incubator and experiential showcase for cutting-edge product developments that will shape the future of hospitality.
- Introduced a revolutionary new guest room, Five Feet to Fitness, an in-room wellness concept that features more than 10 different fitness equipment and accessory options.
- Scaled the industry-first Digital Key technology and its room selection features to 352,000 hotel rooms in more than 2,500 hotels worldwide.
- Launched industry-first benefits for Hilton Honors members including Shop with Points at Amazon.com. Hilton Honors was also the first and only loyalty program to offer members the choice to flexibly combine Points and money for a hotel stay, and allow family and friends to pool their Points for free.
- Announced four new Hilton Honors co-branded credit cards with American Express to provide greater value for Hilton Honors members and further enhance guest rewards.
World’s Best Workplace
- Named a Top 10 World’s Best Workplace on Great Place to Work's® annual list of 25 World's Best Workplaces for the second year in a row.
- Expanded our commitment to helping our Team Members be at their best by launching Thrive@Hilton in partnership with innovative startup Thrive Global.
- Named to the 2017 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, which recognizes companies with exceptional workplace cultures. Ranked at No. 26, Hilton increased its position by 30 places over the prior year.
- Expanded the Operation: Opportunity commitment to hire an additional 20,000 U.S. veterans, spouses, dependents and caregivers by the end of 2020 – building on the 10,000 military hires since 2013, exceeding the initial goal two years early.
- Recognized as a Top 50 Company for Diversity by DiversityInc, climbing 12 places over last year to number 30. Hilton was also recognized on six additional DiversityInc lists, including: Top Companies for Mentoring, Top Companies for Supplier Diversity, Top Companies for People with Disabilities, Top Companies for Employee Resource Groups, Top Companies for Veterans and Top Companies for Global Diversity.
- Launched Adoption Assistance and Thrive Sabbatical programs, and announced other industry-leading benefits including Go Hilton Long-Tenured Team Member Travel discount program.
- Ranked No. 1 in the hospitality industry by Forbes and JUST Capital for America’s Most JUST Companies.
- Volunteered more than 265,000 hours across 87 countries during Global Week of Service.
- Included on leading market and sustainability indexes – the Standard & Poor's 500 Index and The Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
- Recognized (president and CEO Chris Nassetta) with Vital Voices’ “Voices of Solidarity Award” for Hilton’s commitment to empowering women and advancing human rights.
- Strengthened communities with more than $1 million in action grants to support local projects globally. Hilton also issued more than $3 million to support disaster relief across 20 individual campaigns.
- Distributed more than 6 million soap bars and diverted more than 15 million pounds of waste through the largest soap recycling program in the industry.
To learn more about Hilton, please visit newsroom.hilton.com.
*Industry data from STR Global
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,200 properties with more than 856,000 rooms in 105 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Mori Building and teamLab Launch Unprecedented Digital Art Museum21.6.2018 02:00 | Pressemelding
“MORI Building DIGITAL ART MUSEUM: teamLab Borderless,” an unprecedented digital art museum — jointly created and operated by Mori Building Co., Ltd, a leading urban landscape developer, and teamLab, a world-leading digital art collective — opened today, the two organizers announced. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180620005005/en/ Toshiyuki Inoko, Founder of teamLab (Photo: Business Wire) The digital art museum features approximately 50 interactive artworks, some completely new, in a huge 10,000m² area with five zones. The interactive artworks have no borders separating them from the other works. Some extend beyond their installation rooms and into the corridors, some overlap with other works and some even fuse with other works. Since there are no boundaries, the immersive works keep the boundaries between people in a state of continuous flux. Visitors physically enter and explore the works as well as experie
Keihin Switches to Rimini Street Support for Oracle EBS20.6.2018 23:00 | Pressemelding
Rimini Street, Inc., (Nasdaq: RMNI), a global provider of enterprise software products and services, and the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products, today announced that Keihin Corporation, a leading Japanese automotive parts manufacturer, has switched to Rimini Street support for its Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) system. By switching to Rimini Street, Keihin now receives a more comprehensive, responsive service for its Oracle EBS application and support for its custom, add-on code for a guaranteed minimum of 15 additional years from the date they switched, with no required upgrade to remain supported. In addition to receiving vastly improved service, Keihin also immediately realized savings of 50 percent in annual support fees. This cost savings of several tens of millions of yen annually can now be reinvested into more important initiatives in the IT organization, such as the development of a future cloud environment. This press release features mul
Results of MSCI 2018 Market Classification Review20.6.2018 22:08 | Pressemelding
MSCI Inc. (NYSE:MSCI), a leading provider of indexes and portfolio construction and risk management tools and services for global investors, announced today that beginning in June 2019, it will include the MSCI Saudi Arabia Index in the MSCI Emerging Markets Index, the MSCI ACWI Index, and other global and regional indexes as applicable. This decision follows the implementation in the Saudi Arabia equity market of a number of regulatory and operational enhancements which effectively increased the opening of the market to international institutional investors. The proposal for inclusion received the support of the vast majority of international institutional investors that participated in the consultation. MSCI will include the MSCI Saudi Arabia Index in the MSCI Emerging Markets Index, representing on a pro forma basis a weight of approximately 2.6% of the index with 32 securities, following a two-step inclusion process. The first inclusion step will coincide with the May 2019 Semi-Ann
Quanergy Solid State LiDAR Wins Juniper Research Top Automotive Award20.6.2018 20:46 | Pressemelding
Quanergy Systems, Inc., a global leader in the design and development of solid state LiDAR sensors and smart sensing solutions, today announced that its innovative LiDAR sensors have been selected as Best Consumer Product in Automotive and Telematics by Juniper Research in its annual Future Digital Awards for Technology and Innovation. Audi's AI Traffic Jam Pilot was named runner-up in the same category. The Future Digital Awards are awarded to companies that have made outstanding contributions to their industry and who are positioned to make a significant impact in the future. “Juniper’s Future Digital Award is a testament to the hard work our team has put into developing the world’s most affordable and most reliable LiDAR technology and products,” said Dr. Louay Eldada, CEO and co-founder of Quanergy. “With momentous strides made in the autonomous vehicle space, Quanergy continues to deliver innovative solutions, including our S3 solid state LiDAR sensor, that will enable self-drivin
Cushman & Wakefield Files Registration Statement for Proposed Initial Public Offering20.6.2018 17:20 | Pressemelding
Cushman & Wakefield today announced that it has publicly filed a registration statement on Form S-1 with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) relating to the proposed initial public offering of its ordinary shares. The number of shares to be offered and the price range for the proposed offering have not yet been determined. Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC and UBS Investment Bank will serve as joint book-running managers and representatives of the underwriters for the offering. Barclays Capital Inc., BofA Merrill Lynch, Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC and William Blair & Company, L.L.C. will also serve as joint book-running managers for the offering. The offering will be made only by means of a prospectus. When available, copies of the preliminary prospectus relating to the offering may be obtained from Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, Attention: Prospectus Department, 180 Varick Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10014, J.P. Mor
Emirati Businessman and Philanthropist Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair Establishes an Education Fund for Arab Refugee Children & Youth From Countries Affected by Wars and Disasters20.6.2018 17:15 | Pressemelding
On World Refugee Day, Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair, Emirati businessman and philanthropist, announced the Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair Refugee Education Fund, a new 100M AED initiative to benefit 5,000 children and youth over 3 years. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180620006060/en/ His Excellency Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair, Emirati businessman and philanthropist (Photo: AETOSWire) Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair said: “I established this fund because I believe that philanthropists have a role in helping to address one of the most acute challenges of our region: lack of education opportunities for young people who need it the most.” The Fund will award grants to support secondary, vocational and tertiary education programs for refugee youth in Jordan and Lebanon. It will also support children of families who due to wars and disasters in their home countries, temporarily reside in the UAE but are unable to afford school fees. The first rou