Hilton Led Hospitality Industry in Customer Innovations and Recorded Best Ever Growth in 2017
In 2017, Hilton (NYSE: HLT) achieved record-setting growth, unveiled industry-leading innovations, and introduced new benefits for guests and Team Members.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180122005292/en/
Hilton Led Hospitality Industry in Customer Innovations and Recorded Best Ever Growth in 2017 (Graphic: Business Wire)
2017 was a year of industry firsts, including the launch of Five Feet To Fitness, Hilton Honors loyalty program partnership with Amazon, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, and workplace innovations that received international recognition. It was also the year that Hilton introduced a ground-breaking concept – Connected Room – the first truly mobile-centric hotel room that will let guests personalize and control their stays from the award-winning Hilton Honors smartphone app.
“Last year was another pioneering year for our team around the world, with the launch of new technologies, brands, and partnerships that redefine the guest experience,” said Christopher J. Nassetta, president & chief executive officer, Hilton. “After achieving record numbers across all development metrics, we look forward to driving even greater momentum as we charge toward Hilton’s centennial anniversary in 2019.”
“For the third straight year, Hilton recorded its best ever results in net unit growth, approvals, and construction starts,” said Kevin Jacobs, chief financial officer, Hilton. “We achieved 6.5 percent net unit growth, a record 51,574 net new rooms, and finished 2017 with the highest number of rooms under construction in the industry.”
- Opened more than a hotel a day, creating 23,000 new hotel jobs and adding 399 properties to surpass 5,200 properties globally.
- Signed more than 700 hotels globally, including more than 100,000 rooms for the third consecutive year. Our existing system and pipeline is now a record 1.2 million rooms, with 345,000 rooms and more than 2,200 hotels in development.
- Finished the year with 21 percent of all rooms under construction globally – the most in the industry and 4.3 times Hilton’s existing market share.
- Extended Hilton’s hospitality to approximately 160 million guests across a record 105 countries and territories.
- Grew Hilton Honors to more than 71 million members, adding 11.5 million new members.
- Opened Hilton’s 5,000th property – the first Tru by Hilton, located in Oklahoma City. Continuing the most successful brand launch in industry history, we have since opened eight more properties and have more than 470 hotels in various stages of the development process.
- Launched upscale collection brand, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, approved nearly 30 new deals, and opened the first property – the Hotel Skyler Syracuse in New York.
- Achieved major regional and brand milestones including the opening of the 100th Greater China hotel with the Hilton Quanzhou, the 200th Asia Pacific hotel with the Waldorf Astoria Chengdu, the 100th Latin America hotel with Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, 100,000 rooms trading in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa region, and the 500th DoubleTree by Hilton and 900th All Suites property.
- Launched the Hilton Africa Growth Initiative to add 100 properties to Hilton’s Sub-Saharan African portfolio in the next five years.
- Expanded the Luxury portfolio with openings of marquee properties including the Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, Conrad Fort Lauderdale, and the first Canopy by Hilton in North America at the Wharf in Washington, D.C.
- Completed the spin-offs of Park Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Grand Vacations.
- Unveiled Connected Room, a first-of-its-kind, high-tech room that enables guests to personalize and control every aspect of their stay from the Hilton Honors app. Connected Room is live in one hotel, and will deploy across several more in the coming weeks, scaling rapidly to hotels across the United States in 2018.
- Opened the Innovation Gallery, an incubator and experiential showcase for cutting-edge product developments that will shape the future of hospitality.
- Introduced a revolutionary new guest room, Five Feet to Fitness, an in-room wellness concept that features more than 10 different fitness equipment and accessory options.
- Scaled the industry-first Digital Key technology and its room selection features to 352,000 hotel rooms in more than 2,500 hotels worldwide.
- Launched industry-first benefits for Hilton Honors members including Shop with Points at Amazon.com. Hilton Honors was also the first and only loyalty program to offer members the choice to flexibly combine Points and money for a hotel stay, and allow family and friends to pool their Points for free.
- Announced four new Hilton Honors co-branded credit cards with American Express to provide greater value for Hilton Honors members and further enhance guest rewards.
World’s Best Workplace
- Named a Top 10 World’s Best Workplace on Great Place to Work's® annual list of 25 World's Best Workplaces for the second year in a row.
- Expanded our commitment to helping our Team Members be at their best by launching Thrive@Hilton in partnership with innovative startup Thrive Global.
- Named to the 2017 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, which recognizes companies with exceptional workplace cultures. Ranked at No. 26, Hilton increased its position by 30 places over the prior year.
- Expanded the Operation: Opportunity commitment to hire an additional 20,000 U.S. veterans, spouses, dependents and caregivers by the end of 2020 – building on the 10,000 military hires since 2013, exceeding the initial goal two years early.
- Recognized as a Top 50 Company for Diversity by DiversityInc, climbing 12 places over last year to number 30. Hilton was also recognized on six additional DiversityInc lists, including: Top Companies for Mentoring, Top Companies for Supplier Diversity, Top Companies for People with Disabilities, Top Companies for Employee Resource Groups, Top Companies for Veterans and Top Companies for Global Diversity.
- Launched Adoption Assistance and Thrive Sabbatical programs, and announced other industry-leading benefits including Go Hilton Long-Tenured Team Member Travel discount program.
- Ranked No. 1 in the hospitality industry by Forbes and JUST Capital for America’s Most JUST Companies.
- Volunteered more than 265,000 hours across 87 countries during Global Week of Service.
- Included on leading market and sustainability indexes – the Standard & Poor's 500 Index and The Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
- Recognized (president and CEO Chris Nassetta) with Vital Voices’ “Voices of Solidarity Award” for Hilton’s commitment to empowering women and advancing human rights.
- Strengthened communities with more than $1 million in action grants to support local projects globally. Hilton also issued more than $3 million to support disaster relief across 20 individual campaigns.
- Distributed more than 6 million soap bars and diverted more than 15 million pounds of waste through the largest soap recycling program in the industry.
To learn more about Hilton, please visit newsroom.hilton.com.
*Industry data from STR Global
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,200 properties with more than 856,000 rooms in 105 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Redwood Software Announces First Industry Robotic Licensing Model to Revolutionize Transparent Marketplace Pricing22.3.2018 14:59 | Pressemelding
Redwood Software, the pioneer behind ‘The Robotic Enterprise’, today announced the launch of a revolutionary new robotic licensing model, where customers only pay for the robotic services they consume within their business. Available now, this new licensing model allows customers to directly compare the costs of manual work against processes that are robotized. With the unique Robotic Service Charge, Redwood only charges for the delivery of a robotic service, equivalent to a unit of work that can done by a person (send an email, download a report, reconcile two reports etc.). Redwood delivers a catalogue of 35,000 of these ready built robotic services that can be linked together by business users in a visual plug and play interface. End-to-end business processes can be modelled, robotized, tested and deployed without cost and risk. Only when the robotic service is consumed is a charge made, always replacing work that would otherwise be done manually. Within the Robotic Service Charge,
German Chemical Major Covestro Awards L&T Technology Services Multi-Million Dollar ER&D Project22.3.2018 14:34 | Pressemelding
Germany’s Covestro, a world-leading manufacturer of high-tech polymer materials, has chosen L&T Technology Services Limited (NSE: LTTS), as one of its major engineering services partners to implement digitalization based Engineering Programs across Covestro’s global locations. L&T Technology Services, a global leading pureplay ER&D services company, has been awarded a multi-million dollar contract by Covestro to execute these engineering transformational programs. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180322005784/en/ (L to R) Amit Chadha, President Sales & Business Development and Member of the Board, LTTS, Ferry Feldbrugge, Head of Global Projects & Engineering and Global Technical Contracting, Covestro and Stephan Krebber, Program Director, OSI2020 Program, Covestro signing the Master Service Agreement for Digital Transformation and Global Standardization Programs (Photo: Business Wire) Covestro is running a digi
The Saga Foundation Announces Its Plan to Create a Non-Anonymous, Reserve-Backed Digital Currency22.3.2018 13:00 | Pressemelding
The Saga Foundation (saga.org) announces today its mission to create Saga (SGA), the first non-anonymous blockchain-based digital currency. The currency is designed with a tamed volatility mechanism. These characteristics can set the ground for the currency to become a store of value and a medium of exchange. Saga is designed to address legitimate concerns expressed by policy makers, regulators and market participants regarding cryptocurrencies; mainly their anonymity, lack of underlying value and high volatility. Saga holders must satisfy full KYC (Know Your Customer) qualification and AML (Anti Money Laundering) requirements under Swiss law. With such disclosures, Saga resolves concerns about participant accountability, an issue that is generally raised regarding cryptographic currencies. Saga aims to promote a low-volatility environment, combining the virtues of blockchain technologies with algorithmic representations of financial tools. For this reason, Saga is backed by a variable
boohoo.com Celebrates the Launch of Their Spring Collection & the Zendaya Edit with a 90s Throwback Block Party!22.3.2018 12:48 | Pressemelding
This evening, international etailer, boohoo.com, celebrated the launch of their newest Spring collection at an exclusive launch party in Los Angeles at The Dream Hollywood for media, influencers, and friends of the brand. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180322005667/en/ boohoo.com Celebrates the Launch of their Spring Collection & the Zendaya Edit with a 90s Throwback Block Party! Taking note from the product aesthetic, the event served as the ultimate 90s nostalgia trip with bright and bold décor from neon signs to giant boom boxes and life-size cassette tapes. Throughout the night, guests engaged in various activations including 90s dance lessons, cocktail making, cooking lessons, firework displays and interactive arcade games. Attendees also enjoyed 90s-inspired catering including retro treats Bubble Tape and Candy Necklaces, as well as Slush Puppies and Sunny D cocktails. Surprise musical guests, Snoop Dog
Takeda Announces Publication of Final Data from ICLUSIG® (ponatinib) Pivotal Phase 2 PACE Trial in Blood22.3.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TSE: 4502) today announced that final data from the pivotal Phase 2 PACE clinical trial of ICLUSIG (ponatinib) in refractory chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) or Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Ph+ ALL) were published in Blood . The manuscript is available online today and will be included in a future print edition of Blood. The final five-year results support ICLUSIG as an effective treatment option for patients with chronic-phase CML (CP-CML) whose prior therapies have failed. ICLUSIG, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) with potent activity against native and mutant forms of BCR-ABL1 (an abnormal tyrosine kinase that is expressed in CML and Ph+ ALL), received full approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in 2016. ICLUSIG is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with CML or Ph+ ALL for whom no other TKI is indicated, including those with T315I-positive CML or T315I-positive Ph+ ALL. ICLUSIG is not ind
Synchronoss Renews Agreement to Power Verizon Cloud22.3.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
Synchronoss Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:SNCR), a global leader and innovator of cloud, messaging, digital and IoT products, today announced that it has renewed its existing agreement with Verizon to power Verizon’s Cloud solution for its wireless customers for an additional five years. Synchronoss’ Personal Cloud Platform and solutions will continue to provide Verizon customers with simple, secure access to all personal content, including photos, videos, messages and more, from any device. “We’re delighted to be renewing our contract with one of our longest-serving and most valued customers,” said Glenn Lurie, President & CEO at Synchronoss. “The fully agnostic and secure Synchronoss Personal Cloud solution maintains high levels of customer trust in operators by meeting their mutual need for additional storage and capacity head on.” Synchronoss is the world’s leading provider of operator cloud solutions, with more than 160 million people currently using the Synchronoss Personal Cloud so