Hilton Led Hospitality Industry in Customer Innovations and Recorded Best Ever Growth in 2017
In 2017, Hilton (NYSE: HLT) achieved record-setting growth, unveiled industry-leading innovations, and introduced new benefits for guests and Team Members.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180122005292/en/
Hilton Led Hospitality Industry in Customer Innovations and Recorded Best Ever Growth in 2017 (Graphic: Business Wire)
2017 was a year of industry firsts, including the launch of Five Feet To Fitness, Hilton Honors loyalty program partnership with Amazon, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, and workplace innovations that received international recognition. It was also the year that Hilton introduced a ground-breaking concept – Connected Room – the first truly mobile-centric hotel room that will let guests personalize and control their stays from the award-winning Hilton Honors smartphone app.
“Last year was another pioneering year for our team around the world, with the launch of new technologies, brands, and partnerships that redefine the guest experience,” said Christopher J. Nassetta, president & chief executive officer, Hilton. “After achieving record numbers across all development metrics, we look forward to driving even greater momentum as we charge toward Hilton’s centennial anniversary in 2019.”
“For the third straight year, Hilton recorded its best ever results in net unit growth, approvals, and construction starts,” said Kevin Jacobs, chief financial officer, Hilton. “We achieved 6.5 percent net unit growth, a record 51,574 net new rooms, and finished 2017 with the highest number of rooms under construction in the industry.”
- Opened more than a hotel a day, creating 23,000 new hotel jobs and adding 399 properties to surpass 5,200 properties globally.
- Signed more than 700 hotels globally, including more than 100,000 rooms for the third consecutive year. Our existing system and pipeline is now a record 1.2 million rooms, with 345,000 rooms and more than 2,200 hotels in development.
- Finished the year with 21 percent of all rooms under construction globally – the most in the industry and 4.3 times Hilton’s existing market share.
- Extended Hilton’s hospitality to approximately 160 million guests across a record 105 countries and territories.
- Grew Hilton Honors to more than 71 million members, adding 11.5 million new members.
- Opened Hilton’s 5,000th property – the first Tru by Hilton, located in Oklahoma City. Continuing the most successful brand launch in industry history, we have since opened eight more properties and have more than 470 hotels in various stages of the development process.
- Launched upscale collection brand, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, approved nearly 30 new deals, and opened the first property – the Hotel Skyler Syracuse in New York.
- Achieved major regional and brand milestones including the opening of the 100th Greater China hotel with the Hilton Quanzhou, the 200th Asia Pacific hotel with the Waldorf Astoria Chengdu, the 100th Latin America hotel with Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, 100,000 rooms trading in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa region, and the 500th DoubleTree by Hilton and 900th All Suites property.
- Launched the Hilton Africa Growth Initiative to add 100 properties to Hilton’s Sub-Saharan African portfolio in the next five years.
- Expanded the Luxury portfolio with openings of marquee properties including the Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, Conrad Fort Lauderdale, and the first Canopy by Hilton in North America at the Wharf in Washington, D.C.
- Completed the spin-offs of Park Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Grand Vacations.
- Unveiled Connected Room, a first-of-its-kind, high-tech room that enables guests to personalize and control every aspect of their stay from the Hilton Honors app. Connected Room is live in one hotel, and will deploy across several more in the coming weeks, scaling rapidly to hotels across the United States in 2018.
- Opened the Innovation Gallery, an incubator and experiential showcase for cutting-edge product developments that will shape the future of hospitality.
- Introduced a revolutionary new guest room, Five Feet to Fitness, an in-room wellness concept that features more than 10 different fitness equipment and accessory options.
- Scaled the industry-first Digital Key technology and its room selection features to 352,000 hotel rooms in more than 2,500 hotels worldwide.
- Launched industry-first benefits for Hilton Honors members including Shop with Points at Amazon.com. Hilton Honors was also the first and only loyalty program to offer members the choice to flexibly combine Points and money for a hotel stay, and allow family and friends to pool their Points for free.
- Announced four new Hilton Honors co-branded credit cards with American Express to provide greater value for Hilton Honors members and further enhance guest rewards.
World’s Best Workplace
- Named a Top 10 World’s Best Workplace on Great Place to Work's® annual list of 25 World's Best Workplaces for the second year in a row.
- Expanded our commitment to helping our Team Members be at their best by launching Thrive@Hilton in partnership with innovative startup Thrive Global.
- Named to the 2017 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, which recognizes companies with exceptional workplace cultures. Ranked at No. 26, Hilton increased its position by 30 places over the prior year.
- Expanded the Operation: Opportunity commitment to hire an additional 20,000 U.S. veterans, spouses, dependents and caregivers by the end of 2020 – building on the 10,000 military hires since 2013, exceeding the initial goal two years early.
- Recognized as a Top 50 Company for Diversity by DiversityInc, climbing 12 places over last year to number 30. Hilton was also recognized on six additional DiversityInc lists, including: Top Companies for Mentoring, Top Companies for Supplier Diversity, Top Companies for People with Disabilities, Top Companies for Employee Resource Groups, Top Companies for Veterans and Top Companies for Global Diversity.
- Launched Adoption Assistance and Thrive Sabbatical programs, and announced other industry-leading benefits including Go Hilton Long-Tenured Team Member Travel discount program.
- Ranked No. 1 in the hospitality industry by Forbes and JUST Capital for America’s Most JUST Companies.
- Volunteered more than 265,000 hours across 87 countries during Global Week of Service.
- Included on leading market and sustainability indexes – the Standard & Poor's 500 Index and The Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
- Recognized (president and CEO Chris Nassetta) with Vital Voices’ “Voices of Solidarity Award” for Hilton’s commitment to empowering women and advancing human rights.
- Strengthened communities with more than $1 million in action grants to support local projects globally. Hilton also issued more than $3 million to support disaster relief across 20 individual campaigns.
- Distributed more than 6 million soap bars and diverted more than 15 million pounds of waste through the largest soap recycling program in the industry.
To learn more about Hilton, please visit newsroom.hilton.com.
*Industry data from STR Global
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,200 properties with more than 856,000 rooms in 105 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Gilead Subsidiary to Launch Authorized Generics of Epclusa® (Sofosbuvir/Velpatasvir) and Harvoni® (Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir) for the Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C24.9.2018 12:30 | Pressemelding
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: GILD) announced today plans to launch authorized generic versions of Epclusa® (sofosbuvir 400mg/velpatasvir 100mg) and Harvoni® (ledipasvir 90mg/sofosbuvir 400mg), Gilead’s leading treatments for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV), in the United States, through a newly created subsidiary, Asegua Therapeutics LLC. The authorized generics will launch at a list price of $24,000 for the most common course of therapy and will be available in January 2019. Since the launch of Gilead’s first HCV medication in 2013, the average price paid for each bottle of medicine in the United States has decreased by more than 60 percent off of the public list prices, across health insurers and government payers. Due to the complexity and structure of the U.S. healthcare system, however, these discounts provided by Gilead may not always translate into lower costs for patients. Further, existing contracts, together with laws associated with government pricing policies, make it cha
GSMA To Showcase Mobile’s Increasing Impact on Sustainable Development During UN General Assembly Week24.9.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
The GSMA will represent the global mobile industry at the 73rd session of the UN General Assembly (UNGA) being held in New York this week, advancing the leading role the sector is playing in meeting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Over the coming week, the GSMA will be participating in a wide range of activities with several high-profile partners and providing a critical platform for dialogue between mobile industry leaders, heads of state, global leaders and governments to further accelerate mobile’s contribution to the SDGs. “The GSMA will be in UNGA for the third year running to demonstrate how the global mobile industry is strengthening its commitment to improving lives around the world, as we enter a critical period in the delivery of the UN’s ambitious 2030 Agenda,” said Mats Granryd, Director General of the GSMA. “As the leading forum for international political cooperation, UNGA give us a unique opportunity to showcase how mobile’s unprecedented global scale is con
BolySolar Announcing Launch of BolySolar Tree24.9.2018 11:00 | Pressemelding
Bolymedia Holdings Co. Ltd., a global high-tech company headquartered in Silicon Valley, is pleased to announce its fifth patented renewable energy product – BolySolar Tree - at the Anaheim, California SPI to be held on September 24-27, 2018. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180924005050/en/ BolySolar Tree (Graphic: Business Wire) BolySolar is a complete set of solar technologies and products that will revolutionize the entire energy industry. At SPI this month, the company will be showcasing its fifth product from its growing line of solar technologies - the BolySolar Tree. The diagram shows the basic design of the BolySolar Tree. The basic idea of the BolySolar Tree is to allow double-sided solar energy utilization with the help of mirrors, thereby reducing solar energy system costs and generating electricity for a longer duration. Compared to the conventional fixed-mount PV panel systems or tracker-mounted P
The 9th Edition of Tour of China 2018 Comes to an End24.9.2018 10:45 | Pressemelding
The sixteen-day Tour of China 2018 is concluded in Anshun, Guizhou Province on 23rd September, as the 13th stage witnesses the victory of Jakub Mareczko from Wilier Triestina – Selle Italia. The last stage in Anshun is a circuit race of 127.8 kilometers with two sprints and one KOM of Category 4. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180924005421/en/ The riders are crossing the finishing line. (Photo: Business Wire) The stage remained exciting and unpredictable due to little difference between riders’ results after the 12th stage. No rabbit group was formed even after 40 kilometers, though riders had never stopped breaking out from the peleton since race started. As the peleton kept its pace, Luke Mudgway from H&R Block Pro Cycling Team led the rabbit group of four who worked together quite well, with the gap of 1 minute 50 seconds. The gap narrowed, however, as the peleton started to chase with 30 kilometers to go,
CONQUEST Completes the Financing of Its Sustainable Infrastructure Portfolio24.9.2018 10:18 | Pressemelding
CONQUEST Asset Management (“CONQUEST”) announced it completed, on behalf of the Sustainable Infrastructure fund it manages, the financing of its solar photovoltaic assets portfolio. The transaction was closed with a major financial institution following a competitive selection process. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180924005404/en/ Photo Credit: Istock Prior to this transaction, CONQUEST had increased the size of its assets under management to circa 70MW as a result of 3 transactions closed in less than a year. This portfolio, located in the South of France, benefits from up to 20-year secured and inflation linked power purchase agreements from local incumbent utility EDF. “The financing market remains competitive across Western Europe for sustainable infrastructure. We are pleased with the outcome of this process and the quality of the project finance lenders and teams we managed to attract, which confirmed
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) wins USD 40 million Engineering Content Management (ECM) Deal in Europe24.9.2018 08:20 | Pressemelding
L&T Technology Services Limited (NSE: LTTS), a leading global pure-play engineering services company, today announced that it has won a multi-year deal to provide digital content management services to a leading technology company’s industrial products segment. The deal is expected to run for a period of 5 years with an aggregate revenue potential of USD 40 million, covering Engineering Content Management (ECM) programs in the US and European regions. LTTS will leverage centers in Europe, US & India while assuming complete ownership and talent to manage content for all current and future product suites for the customer. This would include technical design specifications, diagnostic solutions for service engineers and product training for customers & engineers, thereby supporting the entire ECM cycle from product conceptualization to developing digital content platforms. “With engineering content becoming one of the cornerstones of digital transformation, this deal win highlights LTTS’