Hilton Led Hospitality Industry in Customer Innovations and Recorded Best Ever Growth in 2017
In 2017, Hilton (NYSE: HLT) achieved record-setting growth, unveiled industry-leading innovations, and introduced new benefits for guests and Team Members.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180122005292/en/
Hilton Led Hospitality Industry in Customer Innovations and Recorded Best Ever Growth in 2017 (Graphic: Business Wire)
2017 was a year of industry firsts, including the launch of Five Feet To Fitness, Hilton Honors loyalty program partnership with Amazon, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, and workplace innovations that received international recognition. It was also the year that Hilton introduced a ground-breaking concept – Connected Room – the first truly mobile-centric hotel room that will let guests personalize and control their stays from the award-winning Hilton Honors smartphone app.
“Last year was another pioneering year for our team around the world, with the launch of new technologies, brands, and partnerships that redefine the guest experience,” said Christopher J. Nassetta, president & chief executive officer, Hilton. “After achieving record numbers across all development metrics, we look forward to driving even greater momentum as we charge toward Hilton’s centennial anniversary in 2019.”
“For the third straight year, Hilton recorded its best ever results in net unit growth, approvals, and construction starts,” said Kevin Jacobs, chief financial officer, Hilton. “We achieved 6.5 percent net unit growth, a record 51,574 net new rooms, and finished 2017 with the highest number of rooms under construction in the industry.”
- Opened more than a hotel a day, creating 23,000 new hotel jobs and adding 399 properties to surpass 5,200 properties globally.
- Signed more than 700 hotels globally, including more than 100,000 rooms for the third consecutive year. Our existing system and pipeline is now a record 1.2 million rooms, with 345,000 rooms and more than 2,200 hotels in development.
- Finished the year with 21 percent of all rooms under construction globally – the most in the industry and 4.3 times Hilton’s existing market share.
- Extended Hilton’s hospitality to approximately 160 million guests across a record 105 countries and territories.
- Grew Hilton Honors to more than 71 million members, adding 11.5 million new members.
- Opened Hilton’s 5,000th property – the first Tru by Hilton, located in Oklahoma City. Continuing the most successful brand launch in industry history, we have since opened eight more properties and have more than 470 hotels in various stages of the development process.
- Launched upscale collection brand, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, approved nearly 30 new deals, and opened the first property – the Hotel Skyler Syracuse in New York.
- Achieved major regional and brand milestones including the opening of the 100th Greater China hotel with the Hilton Quanzhou, the 200th Asia Pacific hotel with the Waldorf Astoria Chengdu, the 100th Latin America hotel with Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, 100,000 rooms trading in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa region, and the 500th DoubleTree by Hilton and 900th All Suites property.
- Launched the Hilton Africa Growth Initiative to add 100 properties to Hilton’s Sub-Saharan African portfolio in the next five years.
- Expanded the Luxury portfolio with openings of marquee properties including the Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, Conrad Fort Lauderdale, and the first Canopy by Hilton in North America at the Wharf in Washington, D.C.
- Completed the spin-offs of Park Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Grand Vacations.
- Unveiled Connected Room, a first-of-its-kind, high-tech room that enables guests to personalize and control every aspect of their stay from the Hilton Honors app. Connected Room is live in one hotel, and will deploy across several more in the coming weeks, scaling rapidly to hotels across the United States in 2018.
- Opened the Innovation Gallery, an incubator and experiential showcase for cutting-edge product developments that will shape the future of hospitality.
- Introduced a revolutionary new guest room, Five Feet to Fitness, an in-room wellness concept that features more than 10 different fitness equipment and accessory options.
- Scaled the industry-first Digital Key technology and its room selection features to 352,000 hotel rooms in more than 2,500 hotels worldwide.
- Launched industry-first benefits for Hilton Honors members including Shop with Points at Amazon.com. Hilton Honors was also the first and only loyalty program to offer members the choice to flexibly combine Points and money for a hotel stay, and allow family and friends to pool their Points for free.
- Announced four new Hilton Honors co-branded credit cards with American Express to provide greater value for Hilton Honors members and further enhance guest rewards.
World’s Best Workplace
- Named a Top 10 World’s Best Workplace on Great Place to Work's® annual list of 25 World's Best Workplaces for the second year in a row.
- Expanded our commitment to helping our Team Members be at their best by launching Thrive@Hilton in partnership with innovative startup Thrive Global.
- Named to the 2017 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, which recognizes companies with exceptional workplace cultures. Ranked at No. 26, Hilton increased its position by 30 places over the prior year.
- Expanded the Operation: Opportunity commitment to hire an additional 20,000 U.S. veterans, spouses, dependents and caregivers by the end of 2020 – building on the 10,000 military hires since 2013, exceeding the initial goal two years early.
- Recognized as a Top 50 Company for Diversity by DiversityInc, climbing 12 places over last year to number 30. Hilton was also recognized on six additional DiversityInc lists, including: Top Companies for Mentoring, Top Companies for Supplier Diversity, Top Companies for People with Disabilities, Top Companies for Employee Resource Groups, Top Companies for Veterans and Top Companies for Global Diversity.
- Launched Adoption Assistance and Thrive Sabbatical programs, and announced other industry-leading benefits including Go Hilton Long-Tenured Team Member Travel discount program.
- Ranked No. 1 in the hospitality industry by Forbes and JUST Capital for America’s Most JUST Companies.
- Volunteered more than 265,000 hours across 87 countries during Global Week of Service.
- Included on leading market and sustainability indexes – the Standard & Poor's 500 Index and The Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
- Recognized (president and CEO Chris Nassetta) with Vital Voices’ “Voices of Solidarity Award” for Hilton’s commitment to empowering women and advancing human rights.
- Strengthened communities with more than $1 million in action grants to support local projects globally. Hilton also issued more than $3 million to support disaster relief across 20 individual campaigns.
- Distributed more than 6 million soap bars and diverted more than 15 million pounds of waste through the largest soap recycling program in the industry.
To learn more about Hilton, please visit newsroom.hilton.com.
*Industry data from STR Global
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,200 properties with more than 856,000 rooms in 105 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
AURAK Gains SACSCOC Accreditation15.12.2018 10:49 | Pressemelding
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) officially announced the accreditation of the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) at its 2018 Annual Meeting which was held in New Orleans, Louisiana, in the United States of America. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181215005017/en/ AURAK delegation during the SACSCOC conference in New Orleans” (Photo: AETOSWire) SACSCOC, the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern United States, has a membership of more than 800 institutions in the Southern states and other international sites approved by SACSCOC that award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, and/or doctoral degrees. SACSCOC also awards accreditation to other international institutions of higher education that satisfy all its requirements and demonstrate compliance with its accreditation standards. AURAK now
Lehman Brothers Treasury Announces Plans for Partial Wind-Down14.12.2018 17:41 | Pressemelding
Lehman Brothers Treasury Co. B.V. in liquidation (“LBT”) today, through its U.S. counsel Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP, announced that LBT is planning a final cash distribution to its creditors. Professional holders of eligible notes will have the option to retain their investment by electing to receive substitute notes of one (or a few) series. Such election shall take place through a solicitation process. As a consequence, LBT will be able to reduce the number of series of notes outstanding from more than 3,700 to one or a few. Noteholders electing to receive substitute notes will be afforded the same economic entitlement to distributions received by LBT from Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. (“LBHI”) through the substitute notes. The substitute notes will be denominated in U.S. dollars and future distributions will be made in U.S. dollars only. Noteholders who are not professional investors, or hold notes that are not eligible for substitution, or do not elect to receive substitut
Takeda Receives Positive CHMP Opinion for ADCETRIS® (brentuximab vedotin) for the Treatment of Adult Patients with Previously Untreated CD30+ Stage IV Hodgkin Lymphoma in Combination with AVD14.12.2018 17:00 | Pressemelding
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TSE: 4502) today announced that the European Medicines Agency’s (EMA) Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) adopted a positive opinion for the extension of the marketing authorization of ADCETRIS (brentuximab vedotin) and recommended its approval in combination with AVD in adult patients with previously untreated CD30+ Stage IV Hodgkin lymphoma. ADCETRIS is an antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) directed at CD30, a defining marker of Hodgkin lymphoma. ADCETRIS is currently not approved as a therapy for previously untreated Hodgkin lymphoma in Europe. “For a large number of previously untreated Hodgkin lymphoma patients diagnosed with Stage IV disease, progression will occur with current treatments, highlighting a true unmet need in this population,” said Anna Sureda, M.D., Ph.D., Head of the Hematology Department and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Programme, Institut Català d'Oncologia - Hospital Duran i Reynals. “In the ECHELON-1 cl
Diamond CBD, POTN Subsidiary, Enters the $46 Billion Coffee Market With the Release of Premium Line of CBD-Infused Coffee & Tea K-Kup Capsules14.12.2018 15:42 | Pressemelding
Diamond CBD Inc., wholly owned subsidiary of PotNetwork Holdings, Inc. (OTC Pink: POTN), a leader in hemp extraction and innovative CBD products for the wellness market, enters the Coffee segment, an industry expected to reach revenues of $46 Billion in 2018. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181214005308/en/ Experience a cup of Chill (Photo: Business Wire) Produced in accordance with a universal K-Cup design, these pods fit in almost all modern single cup coffee makers, making it an easily integrated enhancement to any environment, delivering 25mgs of CBD in a tasty favorite beverage at less than $5 per cup. This new line of premium Chill Coffee Capsules was recently added to the Company’s broad range of cannabinoid and natural hemp products. Each box comes with 4 individual capsules in original chill coffee, decaf chill coffee, chill black tea, and chill green tea flavors. The unit price for each box is $10.00
Henley & Partners Enlarges Executive Committee to Manage Expansion and Growth14.12.2018 14:00 | Pressemelding
Residence- and citizenship-by-investment programs have firmly established themselves over the past few years as the new frontier in terms of freedom, flexibility, and future-readiness, both for the countries issuing these programs and for the individual investors participating in them. The societal and economic value these programs generate is undisputed. The investment migration industry as a whole is currently grossing roughly USD 18 billion per year, with an expectation that it will hit the USD 20 billion mark very soon. Foreign direct investment (FDI) is now considered the lifeblood of economic growth for many developing and recovering smaller countries around the world. As such, the number of investment migration programs has been increasing rapidly, from just a handful of programs in the 1980s and 1990s to over 100 countries that now have investment migration provisions in their laws. There are more than 60 active programs today, with Moldova and Montenegro — both fast-growing Eu
Vargatef® plus docetaxel could be an option after failure of immunotherapy in lung cancer14.12.2018 09:07 | Pressemelding
Boehringer Ingelheim announced today the first interim results of VARGADO, an ongoing non-interventional study in routine clinical practice in Germany evaluating the efficacy and safety of Vargatef® (nintedanib) and docetaxel in patients with stage III/IV locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) of adenocarcinoma histology. The study consists of three cohorts, two of which allow for prior treatment with immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICIs) either in combination with chemotherapy in the first-line or as monotherapy in the second-line of treatment. The interim results from Cohort B (first-line chemotherapy, second-line immune checkpoint inhibitors, third-line Vargatef® plus docetaxel) were presented today at ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2018 in Geneva.1 Despite a limited sample size, the VARGADO study adds to the body of evidence for nintedanib in lung adenocarcinoma following pre-treatment with chemotherapy and ICIs.1,3 The addition of nintedanib to docetaxel ha