GSMA Innovation City Returns To MWC19 Showcasing Intelligent Connectivity
The GSMA Innovation City will return to MWC19 inviting visitors to experience how mobile connectivity is positively impacting society and helping to create a better future for businesses and citizens alike. The immersive exhibition space, which is now in its fifth year and welcomed over 30,000 people in 2018, will place a particular focus on the theme of ‘Intelligent Connectivity’ or the combination of 5G networks, the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence and smart platforms. There will be over one hundred interactive demonstrations from over forty companies, enabling visitors to get a hands-on experience of how these technologies are impacting almost every aspect of our lives across entertainment, industry, transportation, public services and the environment.
“The combination of super-fast 5G networks, the Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence will drive innovations that will impact almost every aspect of our lives from highly efficient transport systems to smart agriculture and cloud gaming,” said John Hoffman, CEO, GSMA Ltd. “The GSMA Innovation City includes immersive and interactive demonstrations that place these exciting new developments in context showcasing how mobile connectivity is positively changing our lives and shaping our futures.”
Located in Hall 4 next to the Conference Village in Fira Gran Via, the City is supported by leading brands including Google, Huawei, KT Corporation, Sierra Wireless and Turkcell/Lifecell Digital as well the GSMA’s key programmes and initiatives including Future Networks, Identity, Internet of Things and Mobile for Development. The City will also include examples of the GSMA’s work supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
The Innovation City will showcase an array of interactive product and service demonstrations including:
Google, the GSMA and global operators will showcase how they are working together to bring better messaging to every user including:
- International brands and messaging partners sharing the latest RCS campaigns and results, including how consumers are having richer conversations with businesses
- Operators showing the experiences they're creating to reach their own customers with RCS
- The latest highlights in the Messages app and what's coming soon
Huawei will demonstrate its innovative mobile applications jointly developed by its Wireless X Labs and vertical partners with highlights including:
- An immersive Cloud VR gaming experience
- Challenging a robot to a Rubik’s cube contest demonstrating 5G-based factory robotics
- Experiencing 3D TV without glasses or helmet
- Using 4K cloud gaming to turn your smart phone into a powerful handheld games console
KT, South Korea's leading telecommunication service provider, will showcase its 5G network services including:
- 5G SKYSHIP Platform, the next-generation platform for disaster and safety management
- Autonomous driving in K-City, the self-driving vehicle testing and research city in South Korea
- Artificial intelligence (AI)-powered robots for the hospitality industries
Sierra Wireless, the leading provider of fully integrated device-to-cloud solutions for the IoT, invites visitors to experience how the IoT is creating a better, more connected future for businesses and individuals, featuring:
- A data-driven solution that enables businesses to transform how they manage their assets. See how the ability to securely extract, orchestrate and act on data from assets at the edge to the cloud provides near real-time visibility to the most important aspects of your business
- A sleek, stylish personal safety smart ring that lets people call for help with at the push of a thumb, without a mobile phone
- A presentation theatre featuring experts in IoT security, 5G and LPWA technologies, public safety and open source technologies for IoT developers
TURKCELL/ LIFECELL DIGITAL
- See how NB-IoT and 5G networks are supporting the autonomous control or ‘platooning’ of trucks across the Turkish/Greek border optimizing routes and driving efficiencies
- Experience how the full range of digital operator capabilities from connectivity to data analytics-based prediction systems transform public hospitals and address the pain points in public healthcare systems
- See how connected drones can help with search and rescue efforts in emergencies
GSMA INDUSTRY PROGRAMMES
The GSMA will also include a number of exhibits and experiences highlighting its key industry programmes, allowing attendees to:
- Meet Sophia, a humanoid robot, who will explain how the combination of high-speed 5G networks and AI is making intelligent robotics a reality
- Generate power on an intelligent rowing machine to increase the pressure inside a visible smart pipeline and see how live Mobile IoT sensors monitor and manage water supplies for a sustainable future
- Industrial IoT: Experience the future of manufacturing and how blockchain is supporting secure data transmission
- See how Orange’s LTE-M network monitors the health of a honeybee hive including temperature and humidity
- Interact with a robot to make video calls or get information such as news or weather demonstrating artificial intelligence services via 5G networks
- Experience how 5G networks, mixed reality technology and cloud computing will transform gaming
- Try out Deutsche Telekom’s MobileEdgeX VR platform to see a car showroom of the future
- Experience how consumers are in control of their data when collecting a rental car only by using Mobile Connect and their mobile phone
- See how you can verify your identity instantly when opening a bank account online only with Mobile Connect
- Experience how you can authenticate securely with Mobile Connect while using RCS chatbots in a VR experience when online shopping
- Experience how 5G will transform connectivity through the deployment of 5G across high-speed transit routes supported by Telefonica and McLaren
- See how operators, aggregators and brands are using RCS messaging services to engage directly with customers using chatbots and AI – with real-life demos from some of the world’s biggest brands
- Step into a rural village and discover how connectivity and digital technology is transforming the lives of underserved communities in emerging markets
- Learn how mobile is impacting all 17 of the SDGs and connecting everyone and everything to a better future. Experience the #CaseForChange journey and discover how big data is being used for social good
Visit the Innovation City in Hall 4, Fira Gran Via
The GSMA Innovation City is located in Hall 4, Stand 4A30, 4A5 and 4A15 in Fira Gran Via and will be open during Mobile World Congress exhibition hours from Monday, 25 February to Wednesday 27th from 9:00 am to 7:00pm and Thursday 28th from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. GSMA Members are invited to visit the exclusive Members Lounge for networking and cocktails daily from 4:00 pm. The GSMA Innovation City is open to all attendees with all pass types.
Register to Attend MWC19
Registration for MWC19 Barcelona is now open; attendees can compare pass types, learn how to customise their MWC19 experience and complete the registration process at www.mwcbarcelona.com/attend/register/. For more information on MWC19 Barcelona, including how to exhibit or sponsor, visit www.mwcbarcelona.com. Follow developments and updates on MWC19 on Twitter @GSMAEvents using #MWC19, on our LinkedIn MWC page www.linkedin.com/showcase/mwcbarcelona/ or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mobileworldcongress/. Follow other GSMA news and activity on Twitter @GSMA.
Get Involved at MWC19
For more information on MWC19, including how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, visit www.mobileworldcongress.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress on Twitter @GSMA using #MWC19, on our LinkedIn Mobile World Congress page www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-world-congress or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mobileworldcongress/.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators with over 350 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces the industry-leading MWC events held annually in Barcelona, Los Angeles and Shanghai, as well as the Mobile 360 Series of regional conferences.
For the GSMA
+44 79 7662 4962
Daniel Ancin / Gloria Almirall
+34 93 236 09 00
GSMA Press Office
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Telna Launches New eSIM Solution at MWC Barcelona 201924.2.2019 00:00:00 | Pressemelding
Telna, a vertically integrated Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) provider of global end-to-end connectivity solutions, today is adding eSIM technology to its platform. The new resilient and efficient eSIM architecture will be showcased at Mobile World Congress Barcelona 2019, from February 25th - February 28th at Telna’s booth in Hall 1, Stand 1B80. “eSIM technology is another example of a global trend in digital transformation set to disrupt cellular connectivity,” says Gregory Gundelfinger, CEO of Telna. “Our customers now have access to both Consumer and IoT/M2M eSIM that is bundled with the rest of our software-defined network services.” eSIM is an embedded SIM card, meaning there is no physical SIM card and no physical swapping of SIM cards. It's easy to add data plans and is endorsed by the GSMA. “The virtualization of the SIM card removes one of the largest barriers when switching between networks, the physical SIM card,” says Gundelfinger. The Telna eSIM allows users to access their
Hilton Launches New Brand, Signia Hilton, Delivering Sophisticated Travel While Reimagining Meetings and Events22.2.2019 17:00:00 | Pressemelding
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) today announced the launch of Signia Hilton, its dynamic, new meetings-and-events-focused brand. The portfolio of hotels is setting out to transform the industry for meeting professionals and sophisticated business travelers by infusing state-of-the-art technology and design into every aspect of the guest experience. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190222005071/en/ The brand further reinforces Hilton’s commitment to innovation that meets the evolving needs of today’s travelers and will bring premium experiences to top urban and resort destinations around the world. “In our 100th year of hospitality, we are more focused than ever on providing exceptional experiences to all of our guests – and that includes evolving those experiences to meet their changing needs,” said Christopher J. Nassetta, president and CEO, Hilton. “We are proud to launch Signia Hilton, which exemplifies our innovative sp
Axonics® Granted Expanded CE Mark Label; First and Only Sacral Neuromodulation System Approved for Use with Full-Body MRI Scans22.2.2019 16:30:00 | Pressemelding
Axonics Modulation Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AXNX), a medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of novel implantable Sacral Neuromodulation (“SNM”) devices for the treatment of urinary and bowel dysfunction, announced today that it has received CE mark approval for 1.5T and 3T full-body magnetic resonance imaging (“MRI”) conditional labeling for the Axonics r-SNM® System. The Axonics r-SNM System is the only implantable SNM system that has received full-body MRI conditional labeling for sale in Europe1. Raymond W. Cohen, Chief Executive Officer of Axonics, said, “Without this labeling, any patient requiring an MRI scan on any body part below the head must have their neurostimulator surgically explanted prior to the MRI scan, resulting in an additional surgery for the patient and additional costs to patients and the healthcare system. This authorization of full-body MRI scans in Europe is another important milestone for Axonics, differentiating our te
Fantastec Joins Forces with Arsenal FC Launching Official Blockchain Collectibles App22.2.2019 14:30:00 | Pressemelding
Fantastec announced today its first football licensing agreement with Premier League club Arsenal FC for a new blockchain authenticated collectibles app called Fantastec SWAP. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190222005277/en/ Arsenal players appear on Fantastec SWAP in official licensing deal (Graphic: Business Wire) London-based Fantastec is a leading sports fan technology innovator, and its blockchain based ‘SWAP’ app will have broad appeal to global sports fans, gamers and sports card collectors alike. Fantastec SWAP unlocks unique and authentic club content through the app, like player autographs and exclusive footage. With its innovative blockchain technology, fans around the world can now discover, collect and swap officially licensed club collectibles with other fans with complete trust. “Fantastec SWAP is a game-changer for international football fans as well the sports collectibles industry,” commented
Volkswagen Protects Virtual Key Sharing App with Trustonic Application Protection22.2.2019 13:42:00 | Pressemelding
Volkswagen is working with mobile cyber security leader Trustonic to enable customers to use smartphones to access their vehicles, and to securely share their digital car keys to grant access to others via a smartphone app. Volkswagen is using the Trustonic Application Protection (TAP) platform to secure the mobile app and ensure that sensitive information and key transfer requests are securely displayed to, and approved by, a real authenticated user on a trusted device and not by hackers or malware simulating a user or device. “The smartphone is becoming the vehicle key of the future and our We Connect service is the interface for this today in the new Volkswagen Passat,” comments Alf Pollex, Head of Infotainment and Connected Car at Volkswagen AG. “The user installs the We Connect app on their smartphone which is then authorized via the infotainment system with a Transaction Number. The Mobile Key will be compatible with Android-based Samsung devices. No mobile network connection is
Mundipharma EDO GmbH: US FDA grants Orphan Drug Designation for etoposide toniribate in relapsed/refractory biliary tract cancer22.2.2019 13:30:00 | Pressemelding
Mundipharma EDO GmbH, part of the Mundipharma network of independent associated companies, and Imbrium Therapeutics L.P., an operating subsidiary of Purdue Pharma L.P., today announced that the US FDA has granted Orphan Drug Designation (ODD) to etoposide toniribate for the treatment of relapsed/refractory biliary tract cancer, also known as cholangiocarcinoma.3 This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190222005126/en/ Biliary tract cancer is a rare tumour with approximately 8,000 patients diagnosed in the US every year and 10,571 in Europe.4,5 The FDA grants ODD status to medicines intended for the treatment, diagnosis or prevention of rare diseases or disorders that affect fewer than 200,000 people in the US. Radical surgery is the only curative treatment for biliary tract cancer but, in most cases, the cancer is inoperable. Patients who fail first-line chemotherapy have limited treatment options and the standard of