GSMA Innovation City Returns To MWC19 Showcasing Intelligent Connectivity
The GSMA Innovation City will return to MWC19 inviting visitors to experience how mobile connectivity is positively impacting society and helping to create a better future for businesses and citizens alike. The immersive exhibition space, which is now in its fifth year and welcomed over 30,000 people in 2018, will place a particular focus on the theme of ‘Intelligent Connectivity’ or the combination of 5G networks, the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence and smart platforms. There will be over one hundred interactive demonstrations from over forty companies, enabling visitors to get a hands-on experience of how these technologies are impacting almost every aspect of our lives across entertainment, industry, transportation, public services and the environment.
“The combination of super-fast 5G networks, the Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence will drive innovations that will impact almost every aspect of our lives from highly efficient transport systems to smart agriculture and cloud gaming,” said John Hoffman, CEO, GSMA Ltd. “The GSMA Innovation City includes immersive and interactive demonstrations that place these exciting new developments in context showcasing how mobile connectivity is positively changing our lives and shaping our futures.”
Located in Hall 4 next to the Conference Village in Fira Gran Via, the City is supported by leading brands including Google, Huawei, KT Corporation, Sierra Wireless and Turkcell/Lifecell Digital as well the GSMA’s key programmes and initiatives including Future Networks, Identity, Internet of Things and Mobile for Development. The City will also include examples of the GSMA’s work supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
The Innovation City will showcase an array of interactive product and service demonstrations including:
Google, the GSMA and global operators will showcase how they are working together to bring better messaging to every user including:
- International brands and messaging partners sharing the latest RCS campaigns and results, including how consumers are having richer conversations with businesses
- Operators showing the experiences they're creating to reach their own customers with RCS
- The latest highlights in the Messages app and what's coming soon
Huawei will demonstrate its innovative mobile applications jointly developed by its Wireless X Labs and vertical partners with highlights including:
- An immersive Cloud VR gaming experience
- Challenging a robot to a Rubik’s cube contest demonstrating 5G-based factory robotics
- Experiencing 3D TV without glasses or helmet
- Using 4K cloud gaming to turn your smart phone into a powerful handheld games console
KT, South Korea's leading telecommunication service provider, will showcase its 5G network services including:
- 5G SKYSHIP Platform, the next-generation platform for disaster and safety management
- Autonomous driving in K-City, the self-driving vehicle testing and research city in South Korea
- Artificial intelligence (AI)-powered robots for the hospitality industries
Sierra Wireless, the leading provider of fully integrated device-to-cloud solutions for the IoT, invites visitors to experience how the IoT is creating a better, more connected future for businesses and individuals, featuring:
- A data-driven solution that enables businesses to transform how they manage their assets. See how the ability to securely extract, orchestrate and act on data from assets at the edge to the cloud provides near real-time visibility to the most important aspects of your business
- A sleek, stylish personal safety smart ring that lets people call for help with at the push of a thumb, without a mobile phone
- A presentation theatre featuring experts in IoT security, 5G and LPWA technologies, public safety and open source technologies for IoT developers
TURKCELL/ LIFECELL DIGITAL
- See how NB-IoT and 5G networks are supporting the autonomous control or ‘platooning’ of trucks across the Turkish/Greek border optimizing routes and driving efficiencies
- Experience how the full range of digital operator capabilities from connectivity to data analytics-based prediction systems transform public hospitals and address the pain points in public healthcare systems
- See how connected drones can help with search and rescue efforts in emergencies
GSMA INDUSTRY PROGRAMMES
The GSMA will also include a number of exhibits and experiences highlighting its key industry programmes, allowing attendees to:
- Meet Sophia, a humanoid robot, who will explain how the combination of high-speed 5G networks and AI is making intelligent robotics a reality
- Generate power on an intelligent rowing machine to increase the pressure inside a visible smart pipeline and see how live Mobile IoT sensors monitor and manage water supplies for a sustainable future
- Industrial IoT: Experience the future of manufacturing and how blockchain is supporting secure data transmission
- See how Orange’s LTE-M network monitors the health of a honeybee hive including temperature and humidity
- Interact with a robot to make video calls or get information such as news or weather demonstrating artificial intelligence services via 5G networks
- Experience how 5G networks, mixed reality technology and cloud computing will transform gaming
- Try out Deutsche Telekom’s MobileEdgeX VR platform to see a car showroom of the future
- Experience how consumers are in control of their data when collecting a rental car only by using Mobile Connect and their mobile phone
- See how you can verify your identity instantly when opening a bank account online only with Mobile Connect
- Experience how you can authenticate securely with Mobile Connect while using RCS chatbots in a VR experience when online shopping
- Experience how 5G will transform connectivity through the deployment of 5G across high-speed transit routes supported by Telefonica and McLaren
- See how operators, aggregators and brands are using RCS messaging services to engage directly with customers using chatbots and AI – with real-life demos from some of the world’s biggest brands
- Step into a rural village and discover how connectivity and digital technology is transforming the lives of underserved communities in emerging markets
- Learn how mobile is impacting all 17 of the SDGs and connecting everyone and everything to a better future. Experience the #CaseForChange journey and discover how big data is being used for social good
Visit the Innovation City in Hall 4, Fira Gran Via
The GSMA Innovation City is located in Hall 4, Stand 4A30, 4A5 and 4A15 in Fira Gran Via and will be open during Mobile World Congress exhibition hours from Monday, 25 February to Wednesday 27th from 9:00 am to 7:00pm and Thursday 28th from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. GSMA Members are invited to visit the exclusive Members Lounge for networking and cocktails daily from 4:00 pm. The GSMA Innovation City is open to all attendees with all pass types.
Register to Attend MWC19
Registration for MWC19 Barcelona is now open; attendees can compare pass types, learn how to customise their MWC19 experience and complete the registration process at www.mwcbarcelona.com/attend/register/. For more information on MWC19 Barcelona, including how to exhibit or sponsor, visit www.mwcbarcelona.com. Follow developments and updates on MWC19 on Twitter @GSMAEvents using #MWC19, on our LinkedIn MWC page www.linkedin.com/showcase/mwcbarcelona/ or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mobileworldcongress/. Follow other GSMA news and activity on Twitter @GSMA.
Get Involved at MWC19
For more information on MWC19, including how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, visit www.mobileworldcongress.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress on Twitter @GSMA using #MWC19, on our LinkedIn Mobile World Congress page www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-world-congress or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mobileworldcongress/.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators with over 350 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces the industry-leading MWC events held annually in Barcelona, Los Angeles and Shanghai, as well as the Mobile 360 Series of regional conferences.
For the GSMA
+44 79 7662 4962
Daniel Ancin / Gloria Almirall
+34 93 236 09 00
GSMA Press Office
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
IFF to Release First Quarter 2019 Results May 618.4.2019 20:15:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Regulatory News: International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) (TASE: IFF), a leading innovator of scent, taste, and nutrition, announced that it will release its first quarter 2019 earnings results following the market close on Monday, May 6, 2019. The management team will host a live webcast on Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. ET to discuss results and outlook with the investor community. Investors may access the live webcast and accompanying slide presentation on the Company's website at ir.iff.com. For those unable to listen to the live webcast, a recorded version will be made available for replay. Meet IFF International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) (TASE: IFF) is a leading innovator of scent, taste, and nutrition, with 97 manufacturing facilities, 105 R&D centers, and 39,000 customers globally. At the heart of our company, we are fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly asking “what if?”. That passion for exploration dri
Gilead Sciences to Release First Quarter 2019 Financial Results on Thursday, May 2, 201918.4.2019 20:05:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: GILD) announced today that its first quarter 2019 financial results will be released on Thursday, May 2, after the market closes. At 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time, Gilead’s management will host a conference call to discuss the company’s financial results for the first quarter 2019 and provide a business update. The live webcast of the call can be accessed at the company’s Investors page at http://investors.gilead.com/. Please connect to the company’s website at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the call to ensure adequate time for any software download that may be required to listen to the webcast. Alternatively, please call 877-359-9508 (U.S.) or 224-357-2393 (international) and dial the conference ID 5259422 to access the call. Telephone replay will be available approximately two hours after the call through 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, May 4, 2019. To access the replay, please call 855-859-2056 (U.S.) or 404-537-3406 (international) and dial the conference ID
Andersen Global Expands Africa Presence; Signs Collaboration Agreement in Economic Hub of South Africa18.4.2019 13:30:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Andersen Global is excited to announce the addition of its first collaborating firm in South Africa. Tabacks Attorneys and Corporate Law Advisors, headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, has signed a Collaboration Agreement with Andersen Global, an international association of member and collaborating firms. South Africa marks the tenth country in Africa in which Andersen Global has a presence. Led by Chairman David Woodhouse, Tabacks has a team of 27 lawyers who offer legal assistance and commercial advice to a diverse clientele in construction, manufacturing, energy, mining, explosives, retail, hospitality, logistics, pharmaceutical, property and banking industries. The firm is considered a leading law firm in South Africa, and its practice areas include competition law, commercial law, mining, employment law, environmental health & safety law, tax and litigation. “The global economy is rapidly changing, which brings unique challenges to corporate and commercial law,” said David
Amazon and Google Announce Official YouTube Apps to Launch on Fire TV; Prime Video App Coming to Chromecast and Android TV18.4.2019 13:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Today, Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL) announced that in the coming months, the two companies will launch the official YouTube app on Amazon Fire TV devices and Fire TV Edition smart TVs, as well as the Prime Video app for streaming to Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices. In addition, Prime Video will be broadly available across Android TV device partners, and the YouTube TV and YouTube Kids apps will also come to Fire TV later this year. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190418005212/en/ “We are excited to work with Amazon to launch the official YouTube apps on Fire TV devices worldwide,” said Heather Rivera, Global Head of Product Partnerships at YouTube. “Bringing our flagship YouTube experience to Amazon Fire TV gives our users even more ways to watch the videos and creators they love.” “We’re excited to bring the Prime Video app to Chromecast and Android TV devices, and to give our c
KCI Files Registration Statement for Proposed Initial Public Offering18.4.2019 13:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Acelity announced today that its affiliate, KCI Holdings, Inc. (“KCI”), filed a registration statement on Form S-1 with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), relating to a proposed initial public offering of KCI’s common stock. Prior to the effectiveness of the registration statement, there will be a restructuring as a result of which KCI will become the holding company of the businesses currently conducted by Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries. The number of shares to be offered and the price range for the proposed offering have not yet been determined. J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC and BofA Merrill Lynch are acting as joint book-running managers for the proposed offering. The offering will be made only by means of a prospectus. When available, a copy of the preliminary prospectus related to the offering may be obtained from: J.P. Morgan, Attention: Prospectus Department c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Avenue, Edgewood, NY 11717, via tele
Strasbourg Approves the Covered Bond Legislative Package: a Milestone for the Future of the Industry and the Capital Markets Union18.4.2019 12:06:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Following the trilogue negotiations with the Council and the European Commission on the proposal for a Covered Bond Legislative Package, the European Parliament’s Plenary adopted today in Strasbourg the text which had been approved by the Council (Coreper) on 20 March and then by the European Parliament’s Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON) Committee on 1 April 2019. In this context, the European Mortgage Federation - European Covered Bond Council (EMF-ECBC ) welcomes the adoption of the Covered Bond Legislative Package, which aims at completing the Capital Markets Union (CMU) in Europe. The Package provides a basis for enhanced harmonisation of the European covered bond market, in line with the objectives of the CMU, reinforcing a European common qualitative benchmark for international investors and respecting well-functioning traditional markets. It moreover paves the way for the smooth introduction of this asset class in newer and emerging covered bond markets in the Union, such as