GSMA Innovation City Returns to Mobile World Congress Shanghai
The GSMA Innovation City will return to Mobile World Congress Shanghai for the fifth year, the GSMA announced today. The popular exhibition space invites visitors to experience how mobile-connected products and services are improving the lives of citizens, enterprises and governments in Asia, as well as around the world. This year’s showcase explores a range of immersive, cutting-edge demonstrations from leading brands as well as start-ups, covering different sectors such as retail, transport, automotive and more.
“The City is always one of the biggest draws at Mobile World Congress and we are focused on ensuring that it reflects the latest developments in mobile technology,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “We have a really diverse line-up of partners and a huge number of interactive demos and exhibits that will appeal to all different backgrounds and interest levels. We look to welcoming visitors to the Innovation City in Shanghai in just a few days, and then at Mobile World Congress Americas in San Francisco later in the year.”
The GSMA Innovation City, which is a key attraction at Mobile World Congress, will include interactive demonstrations from partners including BICS, Cubic Telecom, HID Global, Huawei, Guiyang City Government, KT Corporation, myFC, Paypal, Qvantel and SI-TECH, as well as from the GSMA’s key industry programmes: Internet of Things, Future Networks and Identity. The GSMA will also showcase the mobile industry’s leadership role in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The City includes a number of dedicated areas covering automotive and sports to test and try out new products, as well as a café and the GSMA Members Pavilion, showcasing how the GSMA supports its members in driving innovation.
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
The GSMA partner experiences on display in the Innovation City include:
- BICS, a global voice carrier and mobile data services provider will showcase its global solutions across messaging, fraud prevention and the Internet of Things.
- Cubic Telecom is driving the world forward with global connectivity solutions for leading automotive, PC and mobile brands. The company will be showcasing its eSIM technology, making LTE connectivity enablement even more efficient for global IoT device makers. Cubic Telecom provides top-of-the-line subscription management solutions that are compliant with the latest M2M specifications and guidelines for remote SIM provisioning.
- HID Global will showcase its latest mobile access technology, including its two-factor authentication solution that uses push notifications to allow financial and banking customers to authenticate access and transactions on their mobile device.
- Huawei will bring a new concept to the Innovation City called ‘Cloud City’, which will give visitors an opportunity to experience a number of industrial based demos across different services and applictions.
GUIYANG CITY GOVERNMENT
- Guiyang City Government will provide details on its China International Big Data Industry Expo, which is the world’s first big-data themed expo.
- Sweden’s MyFC is a world-leading authority on micro fuel cell technology and develops portable, eco-friendly fuel cell chargers for mobile devices. They will demonstrate their latest portable fuel cell charger, the JAQ Hybrid.
- Visit PayPal, the leading global digital payment platform to find out how they connect local merchants and consumers with the global marketplace and empower them to sell and buy without boundaries.
- Qvantel will demonstrate how it is helping Communications Service Providers make a digital transformation with cloud-based BSS solutions.
- KT (Korea Telecom), a leading global communications company, will showcase its range of technologies that will lead in the development of 5G and the IoT.
- KT will present its innovations in 5G and 5G related services as well as showcase its work with the start-up community.
- As the official telecommunications sponsor of the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, KT will also present winter sports-related advanced 5G technologies and services.
- Si-TECH will showcase its reliable cloud and big data services.
GSMA Programme Showcase
The GSMA and its partners will demonstrate solutions highlighting the impact of mobile technology through a number of engaging exhibits including:
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals – Find out how mobile is connecting everyone and everything to a better future and explore the ‘SDGs in Action’ app.
- Connected Seal – Meet Xiu Xiu the seal and learn how Mobile IoT technology is helping to monitor seals in their natural environment.
- Virtual Reality-Controlled Submarine – Experience the power of 5G via a virtual reality-controlled submarine.
- Burger Restaurant – Experience how RCS messaging enhances the experience of ordering and collecting fast food.
- Virtual Reality Winter Sports Simulator – Head to KT’s stand to try out a virtual reality skiing experience.
- Future Networks – Experience the future of operator networks with demos and experiences highlighting RCS and Messaging as a Platform and the potential of 5G.
- IoT – See how consumers and businesses can enjoy rich new services, connected by intelligent and secure mobile networks.
- Sports Zone – Get hands-on with some of the most innovative wearables and sports related products available today.
- Connected Cars – Experience the future of the connected car, including a McClaren 570S Sports Car experience.
- Identity – Experience how the GSMA’s Mobile Connect is fast becoming the identity solution of choice for a generation demanding security, privacy and convenience.
GSMA Innovation City Location
The GSMA Innovation City will be hosted alongside the main conference programme in Hall W3 Hall W3 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre. It will be open during Mobile World Congress Shanghai exhibition hours from Wednesday, 28 June through Friday, 30 June. For more information, visit www.mwcshanghai.com/exhibition/gsma-innovation-city/.
Register and Get Involved at Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2017
Registration to attend Mobile World Congress Shanghai is now open; for information on registration and pass types, please visit www.mwcshanghai.com/register-plan/register/.
For more information on the 2017 Mobile World Congress Shanghai, including how to attend, exhibit, partner or sponsor, visit www.mwcshanghai.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress Shanghai through our social media channels – follow us on Twitter at @GSMA and use #MWCS17 or #GSMAInnovationcity, get regular updates through our LinkedIn Showcase Page at www.linkedin.com/company/mobile-world-congress-shanghai, and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mwcshanghai. In China, you can follow us on Sina Weibo weibo.com/mwcshanghai or search “GSMA_MWCS” in WeChat. For additional information on GSMA social channels, visit www.mwcshanghai.com/about/contact/social-media.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
LIAF: Experts at the European Parlament - E-Cigarettes Are a Potential Game Changer for European Health20.3.2018 18:27 | Pressemelding
The following is a statement from LIAF – Lega Italiana Anti Fumo: The panel discussion at the EU Parliament recognises the potential benefits of electronic cigarettes and for European countries to treat these products as regular consumer products to ensure equal access for all Europeans. Following a debate in which leading scientific experts presented the state-of-the-art evidence around e-cigarettes, it became clear that public health is increasingly moving on from an approach that solely advocates ‘quit-or-die’ to a harm reduction strategy. “I’m glad to have brought the Parliament attention to this important issue for public health. Today we have listened to the results of scientific studies and researches from a high-level expert’s roundtable, which have illustrated to us the advantages of electronic cigarettes and the potential public health benefits that these products pose when compared to the conventional cigarettes. As decision-makers, we need to take into considerations these
Morinaga Milk's New Probiotic Strain, Bifidobacterium breve A1, May Prevent Onset of Alzheimer's Disease20.3.2018 18:00 | Pressemelding
Morinaga Milk Industry Co., Ltd. (TOKYO:2264), a leading Japanese dairy product company, today announced the results of a new study investigating the preventive effects of its new probiotic strain Bifidobacterium breve A1 on a model of Alzheimer’s disease. Researchers found that B. breve A1 improved spatial recognition capability, as well as learning and memory capabilities, in cognitively deficient mice, indicating it could play an important role in preventing the onset of Alzheimer’s Disease in humans.1 This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180320005052/en/ (Fig. 1) Effects of B. Breve A1 in improving spatial recognition, learning and memory capabilities (Graphic: Business Wire) The number of patients affected by dementia is increasing worldwide. One report estimates there were 46.8 million people worldwide living with dementia in 2015 and projects this number will reach 131.5 million by 2050.2 Alzheimer’s disease
Dubai Breaks Ground on World’s Biggest CSP Project20.3.2018 16:10 | Pressemelding
HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, broke ground on the 4th phase of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park. This is the biggest Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) investment project in the world, based on the Independent Power Producer (IPP) model, and will generate 700MW on a single site. It will have the world’s tallest solar tower at 260 metres, and the largest thermal energy storage capacity in the world. It will provide clean energy to 270,000 residences, reducing 1.4 million tonnes of carbon emissions annually. The project will use two technologies: a 600MW parabolic basin complex and a 100MW solar tower, over 43 square kilometres. This project, with AED14.2 billion in investments, achieved the lowest Levelised Cost of Electricity (LCOE) of USD 7.3 cents per kW/h. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180320006214/en/ Dubai breaks groun
Edgecore Networks Introduces 400G Open Networking20.3.2018 16:00 | Pressemelding
OCP Summit – Edgecore Networks, the leader in open networking, today announced its contribution to the Open Compute Project (OCP) of the design of a 400 Gigabit Ethernet (400G) data center switch, the industry’s first 400G open design, that will enable public and private network operators to increase dramatically the capacity of their infrastructures. “Four years ago, Edgecore contributed the industry’s first OCP-ACCEPTED™ network product, a 10G top-of-rack switch,” said George Tchaparian, CEO, Edgecore Networks. “Since then, we have contributed over 15 network product designs as open networking technology and deployments grew to include 25G/100G data center fabrics, deep-buffer data center interconnect switches, service provider access infrastructures, open modular chassis, and campus/branch/wireless networks. Now, Edgecore is introducing the industry’s first 400G open network switch, enabling network operators to respond to growing demands for network capacity, and increasing the ban
Technics Organizes World's First Full Turntable Orchestra20.3.2018 14:48 | Pressemelding
On March 20, 2018, the "Record Day," Panasonic Corporation released the video of the world's first full orchestra performance featuring Technics "turntables (analog record players)" as the only instruments, under the Technics brand's theme, "Rediscover Music." This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180320006023/en/ World's First Full Turntable Orchestra organized by Technics (Photo: Business Wire) Videos: - THE PHILHARMONIC TURNTABLE ORCHESTRA https://youtu.be/JGWuyMKT8wU - BEHIND THE BEATS : THE PHILHARMONIC TURNTABLE ORCHESTRA https://youtu.be/J2KK3vqJqog "The Philharmonic Turntable Orchestra" special website Thirty renowned DJs from around the world, including DJ Rena, the reigning Japanese world champion (youngest ever world champion in history), who took the "DMC World Championship" title in 2017 at just 12 years old*, came together to create the world's first "turntable orchestra." Using the Technics' iconic tu
Bentley Systems' Year in Infrastructure 2018 Conference and Awards Gala to be Held in London, Oct. 15-1820.3.2018 14:30 | Pressemelding
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, a leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for advancing infrastructure, today announced that the Year in Infrastructure 2018 Conference will be held Oct. 15 through 18 in London at the Hilton London Metropole. Presented by Bentley Institute, the conference is a global gathering of leading industry executives and prominent thought leaders in the design, construction, and operations of the world’s infrastructure. The theme of this year’s conference is Going Digital: Advancements in Infrastructure. The conference features nearly 70 speakers and more than 50 informative sessions, including keynotes by leading industry experts, interactive workshops, forums, panel discussions, and product demonstrations. Attendees can visit the Technology Pavilion, which features exhibits and presentations from Bentley Systems and its strategic partners Microsoft, Siemens, Topcon, and Bureau Veritas. On the first day of the conference, Bentley Institute wil