GSMA Innovation City Offers View into Future of Mobile at Mobile World Congress 2018
The GSMA Innovation City will be at Mobile World Congress 2018 once more, offering visitors with an opportunity to discover how mobile products and services are helping to create a better future for citizens and businesses around the world. The interactive exhibition space, which welcomed over 30,000 visitors last year and is one of the key attractions at Mobile World Congress, covers the latest innovations in mobile from artificial intelligence (AI) to 5G through a range of hands-on, experiential demonstrations that illustrate how mobile impacts virtually every aspect of our lives in sectors such as transport, health, agriculture, industry, home and retail.
“From chatbots to 5G, the GSMA Innovation City includes the very latest developments and innovations in this fast-moving industry and frames them in a consumer context via immersive, interactive demonstrations,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “One of the most popular destinations at Mobile World Congress, the City is a one-stop shop for the latest developments in our industry and we encourage all attendees to visit this year’s showcase.”
At the heart of the event and next to the Conference Village in Hall 4 in Fira Gran Via, the City is supported by leading brands including Cisco IoT, Huawei Wireless X Labs, KT Corporation, Sierra Wireless and Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures as well the GSMA’s key programmes and initiatives including Future Networks, Identity, Internet of Things, and Mobile for Development. The City will also include examples of the GSMA’s work supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
The Innovation City will showcase an array of interactive product and service demonstrations including:
Cisco IoT will enable visitors to experience firsthand how businesses globally are using the Cisco IoT Data Control platform to maximise the value of their IoT data. Visitors will get to see how Cisco IoT solutions can enable them to connect, extract, compute and move their IoT data to deliver the best business outcomes. Attendees will:
- See how Departments of Transportation are using the Cisco Kinetic IoT data platform to connect their roadways and act upon data in real time at the edge in order to save lives
- Learn how businesses across the globe are utilizing Cisco’s IoT device connectivity management platform – Cisco Jasper Control Center – to monitor and automatically reduce water waste to help combat drought conditions
- Experience how NB-IoT connectivity management is enabling smart lighting solutions that help keep citizens safer while making smart cities more efficient
- Get live, on-demand demos of the entire Cisco IoT solution set, and learn how Cisco enables the IoT ecosystem globally
- Experience how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures takes the communication and entertainment experience to the next level by offering a wide array of services like BiP, fizy, Tv+, lifebox designed exclusively for today’s digital lifestyle
- See how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures is using LPWA NB-IoT networks to support smart agriculture
- Learn how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures uses their big data analytics tools to respond instantly to humanitarian crises with smart city simulations
HUAWEI WIRELESS X LABS
Huawei will demonstrate its innovative mobile applications jointly developed by its Wireless X Labs and vertical partners with highlights including:
- Moon Landing Cloud Virtual Reality: Enter the ‘Lunar Lander’ and experience a moon landing via a wireless Virtual Reality headset
- Flying Car Connected Drone: See the future of transport with a flying connected drone
- Wireless Factory: Participate in a real manufacturing scenario constructed by Huawei and Denso
KT Corporation, one of Korea’s leading telecommunication service providers, will showcase its 5G network service for the first time ever. They will also demonstrate their first commercial 5G technologies and allow guests to experience futuristic 5G-based experiences including virtual reality, mixed reality and the connected car.
Sierra Wireless is empowering customers to reimagine their future in a connected world. Their demonstrations in the Innovation City will allow visitors to experience examples of how the IoT is creating a better future in all facets of life, including:
- Worker safety with an LPWA-connected work boot,
- Agriculture with a smart solution to optimize yields and better serve growing population needs over the long term,
- Security and energy efficiency with a solar-powered drone designed for long-endurance flights and monitoring remote locations, and
- A connected washing machine showing how connectivity helps laundry service providers transform their customer experience.
GSMA INDUSTRY PROGRAMMES
The GSMA will also include a number of exhibits and experiences highlighting its key industry programmes, allowing attendees to:
- Experience how licensed Low Power Wide Area networks (LTE-M & NB-IoT) are transforming everyday life across cities, businesses, communities and citizens around the world
- Learn how Mobile Connect is supporting cross-border identify verification compatible with the European Union e-Identification and Trust Services (eIDAS) regulation
- Test out your boxing skills on the IoT Punch Bag, which measures the power of your shots and transmits the data in real-time via a live Mobile IoT network
- See how the SmartThings Tracker tracks everyday objects from cars and laptop bags to pets in real-time on Mobile IoT Networks
- Visit the GSMA Mobile for Development programme’s Humanitarian Innovation Showcase to see cutting-edge hardware demonstrations alongside 360-degree interactive content and learn how mobile services are impacting lives in humanitarian contexts
- See how cities are using the IoT to measure air quality using new sensors and big data analytics to improve the health prospects and quality of life for citizens
- Experience how 5G networks will transform critical communications for the emergency services
- See how operators, aggregators and brands are using RCS A2P messaging services to engage directly with customers using chatbots and AI – with real-life demos from some of the world’s biggest brands
- Score a goal at the Innovation City football pitch and experience the power of 5G latency through remote robotic technologies that mimic your movements and hit targets to have a chance of winning a top prize
- See how FC Barcelona is using IoT big data and Mobile IoT technologies to improve the safety and efficiency of their stadium for fans and visitors
- See how 5G is enabling remote experiences and engage in an intergalactic virtual reality battle showcasing cloud gaming services
- See how Mobile Connect is supporting paramedics with secure access to patient medical records in emergency situations
- Learn how mobile is impacting all 17 of the SDGs and connecting everyone and everything to a better future. Experience the #CaseForChange journey in immersive 360 video and discover how big data is being used for social good.
Visit the Innovation City in Hall 4, Fira Gran Via
The GSMA Innovation City is located in Hall 4, Stand 4A30, 4A5 and 4A15 in Fira Gran Via and will be open during Mobile World Congress exhibition hours from Monday, 26 February to 1 March from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm. GSMA Members are invited to visit the exclusive Members Lounge for networking and cocktails daily from 4:00 pm. The GSMA Innovation City is open to all attendees with all pass types.
Get Involved at Mobile World Congress 2018
For more information on Mobile World Congress 2018, including how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, visit www.mobileworldcongress.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress on Twitter @GSMA using #MWC18, on our LinkedIn Mobile World Congress page www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-world-congress or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mobileworldcongress/.
The Mobile World Congress is the cornerstone of the Mobile World Capital, which will be hosted in Barcelona through 2023. The Mobile World Capital encompasses programmes and activities that span the entire year and will benefit not only the citizens of Barcelona, Catalonia and Spain, but also the worldwide mobile industry. For more information on the Mobile World Capital, visit www.mobileworldcapital.com.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For the GSMA
+44 79 7662 4962
Pau Guerrero / Gloria Almirall
+34 93 236 09 00
GSMA Press Office
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
IFF’s Frutarom Division Completes Acquisition of 60% of Thailand-based Mighty18.1.2019 12:50 | Pressemelding
Regulatory News: International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris:IFF) (TASE:IFF), announced that its Frutarom Division has completed the acquisition of 60% of the share capital of The Mighty CO. LTD. (“Mighty”), a leading savory solutions provider in Thailand, thus continuing its growth strategy in Southeast Asia. Amos Anatot, President of IFF's Frutarom Division, said, “The completion of this deal with Mighty underscores that the Frutarom division will continue on its growth strategy and pursue attractive companies that create new opportunities or build on current capabilities.” Mr. Anatot continued, “And in this case, we are helping to grow our capabilities in savory solutions – already an area of strength for legacy Frutarom, now IFF." Mighty, founded in 1989, develops, produces and markets reaction flavors, with particular expertise in savory solutions. The company’s portfolio includes flavors, seasoning blends, marinades, and specialty functional raw materials f
LTI Q3 FY19: Constant currency revenue growth up 6.1% QoQ and 20.6% YoY; Net Profit jumps 32.8% YoY18.1.2019 12:02 | Pressemelding
Larsen & Toubro Infotech (BSE code: 540005, NSE: LTI), a global technology consulting and digital solutions company, announced its Q3 FY19 results today. In US Dollars: Revenue at USD 346.9 million; growth of 5.6% QoQ and 18.2% YoY Constant Currency Revenue growth of 6.1% QoQ and 20.6% YoY In Indian Rupees: Revenue at Rs 24,729 million; growth of 6.1% QoQ and 31.3% YoY Net Income at Rs 3,755 million; growth of (6.2%) QoQ and 32.8% YoY “We are pleased to deliver another strong quarter with 5.6% QoQ growth in USD revenues. Our broad-based revenue growth, superior margin delivery and steady cash generation in Q3 is a testimony of our focused execution and client centricity. We are also thrilled to welcome Ruletronics to LTI family. Ruletronics enables businesses to transform and evolve digitally by providing innovative BPM and CRM solutions leveraging Pega Platform.” - Sanjay Jalona, Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director, LTI Recent Deal Wins Nets, the leading payments company in th
Schlumberger Announces Full-Year and Fourth-Quarter 2018 Results18.1.2019 12:00 | Pressemelding
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE: SLB) today reported results for full-year 2018 and the fourth quarter of 2018. (Stated in millions, except per share amounts) Full-Year Results Twelve Months Ended Change Dec. 31, 2018 Dec. 31, 2017 Year-on-year Revenue $32,815 $30,440 8% Pretax operating income $4,187 $3,921 7% Pretax operating margin 12.8% 12.9% -12 bps Net income (loss) - GAAP basis $2,138 $(1,505) n/m Net income, excluding charges & credits* $2,261 $2,085 8% Diluted EPS (loss per share) - GAAP basis $1.53 $(1.08) n/m Diluted EPS, excluding charges and credits* $1.62 $1.50 8% Full-Year Consolidated Revenue by Area North America $11,984 $9,487 26% Latin America 3,745 3,976 -6% Europe/CIS/Africa 7,158 7,072 1% Middle East & Asia 9,543 9,394 2% Other 385 511 n/m $32,815 $30,440 8% North America revenue $11,984 $9,487 26% International revenue $20,446 $20,442 - North America revenue, excluding Cameron $9,668 $7,518 29% International revenue, excluding Cameron $17,675 $17,423 1% *These are non
FLIR Systems Awarded $89 Million Contract from French Armed Forces to Deliver Black Hornet Personal Reconnaissance System18.1.2019 11:00 | Pressemelding
FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: FLIR) announced today it has been awarded a contract from the French Defense Procurement Agency (DGA) in support of the French Operational Pocket Drone (DrOP) program. The contract has a ceiling value of $89 million to provide the FLIR Black Hornet® 3 nano-unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) and Personal Reconnaissance System (PRS) to support French Armed Forces operations. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190118005085/en/ The French Armed Forces awarded FLIR Systems a contract to deliver the Black Hornet Personal Reconnaissance System for military operations. (Photo: Business Wire) The Black Hornet PRS is the world’s smallest combat-proven nano-Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) and is currently deployed in more than 30 countries. The Black Hornet enables the warfighter to maintain situational awareness, threat detection, and surveillance no matter where the mission takes them. Equipped with el
ISAE-SUPAERO Launches a New MOOC in the Field of Space and Aeronautics18.1.2019 08:00 | Pressemelding
ISAE-SUPAERO, the world leader in aerospace engineering training has launched a new MOOC for the start of 2019: "DynaMOOC". “DynaMOOC”: understand and apply the fundamentals of structural dynamics The basic architecture of aerospace structures is generally founded on static criteria. The modern approach consists of integrating the dynamics not to certification but also to the fundamental design and specification of aerospace structures and light structures. Thus, all areas which involve structural works are affected: aircraft, vehicles, naval engineering and civil engineering. In-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of dynamics offers a new perspective on the classification and behavior of all mechanical systems. This MOOC goes back to the basics of solid dynamics applied to structural analysis. This four-week course is aimed at undergraduate students in mechanical or physical engineering who would like to comprehend the transition from statics to dynamics, as well as to structural engi
Ipsen: Patients Living with Spasticity Want Long-lasting Symptom Relief18.1.2019 06:30 | Pressemelding
Regulatory News: This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190117005697/en/ Carenity Infographic Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY) today presents at TOXINS, results from an international survey revealing the hidden burden of spasticity and the need for longer periods of symptomatic relief1. Affecting 12 million people around the world2, spasticity is one of the most common and disabling conditions associated with neurological diseases in adults (stroke, traumatic brain, etc.) and characterised by an abnormal increase in muscle tone or stiffness3. A survey of 615 respondents from 6 participating countries confirms that spasticity has a profound impact on ability to perform everyday tasks, including the ability to carry items, walk, and drive and reduces independence overall. The survey1 also found that spasticity affects the ability to work (22% of patients surveyed did not work) and impacts sex life as well as self-este