GSMA Innovation City Offers View into Future of Mobile at Mobile World Congress 2018
The GSMA Innovation City will be at Mobile World Congress 2018 once more, offering visitors with an opportunity to discover how mobile products and services are helping to create a better future for citizens and businesses around the world. The interactive exhibition space, which welcomed over 30,000 visitors last year and is one of the key attractions at Mobile World Congress, covers the latest innovations in mobile from artificial intelligence (AI) to 5G through a range of hands-on, experiential demonstrations that illustrate how mobile impacts virtually every aspect of our lives in sectors such as transport, health, agriculture, industry, home and retail.
“From chatbots to 5G, the GSMA Innovation City includes the very latest developments and innovations in this fast-moving industry and frames them in a consumer context via immersive, interactive demonstrations,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “One of the most popular destinations at Mobile World Congress, the City is a one-stop shop for the latest developments in our industry and we encourage all attendees to visit this year’s showcase.”
At the heart of the event and next to the Conference Village in Hall 4 in Fira Gran Via, the City is supported by leading brands including Cisco IoT, Huawei Wireless X Labs, KT Corporation, Sierra Wireless and Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures as well the GSMA’s key programmes and initiatives including Future Networks, Identity, Internet of Things, and Mobile for Development. The City will also include examples of the GSMA’s work supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
The Innovation City will showcase an array of interactive product and service demonstrations including:
Cisco IoT will enable visitors to experience firsthand how businesses globally are using the Cisco IoT Data Control platform to maximise the value of their IoT data. Visitors will get to see how Cisco IoT solutions can enable them to connect, extract, compute and move their IoT data to deliver the best business outcomes. Attendees will:
- See how Departments of Transportation are using the Cisco Kinetic IoT data platform to connect their roadways and act upon data in real time at the edge in order to save lives
- Learn how businesses across the globe are utilizing Cisco’s IoT device connectivity management platform – Cisco Jasper Control Center – to monitor and automatically reduce water waste to help combat drought conditions
- Experience how NB-IoT connectivity management is enabling smart lighting solutions that help keep citizens safer while making smart cities more efficient
- Get live, on-demand demos of the entire Cisco IoT solution set, and learn how Cisco enables the IoT ecosystem globally
- Experience how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures takes the communication and entertainment experience to the next level by offering a wide array of services like BiP, fizy, Tv+, lifebox designed exclusively for today’s digital lifestyle
- See how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures is using LPWA NB-IoT networks to support smart agriculture
- Learn how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures uses their big data analytics tools to respond instantly to humanitarian crises with smart city simulations
HUAWEI WIRELESS X LABS
Huawei will demonstrate its innovative mobile applications jointly developed by its Wireless X Labs and vertical partners with highlights including:
- Moon Landing Cloud Virtual Reality: Enter the ‘Lunar Lander’ and experience a moon landing via a wireless Virtual Reality headset
- Flying Car Connected Drone: See the future of transport with a flying connected drone
- Wireless Factory: Participate in a real manufacturing scenario constructed by Huawei and Denso
KT Corporation, one of Korea’s leading telecommunication service providers, will showcase its 5G network service for the first time ever. They will also demonstrate their first commercial 5G technologies and allow guests to experience futuristic 5G-based experiences including virtual reality, mixed reality and the connected car.
Sierra Wireless is empowering customers to reimagine their future in a connected world. Their demonstrations in the Innovation City will allow visitors to experience examples of how the IoT is creating a better future in all facets of life, including:
- Worker safety with an LPWA-connected work boot,
- Agriculture with a smart solution to optimize yields and better serve growing population needs over the long term,
- Security and energy efficiency with a solar-powered drone designed for long-endurance flights and monitoring remote locations, and
- A connected washing machine showing how connectivity helps laundry service providers transform their customer experience.
GSMA INDUSTRY PROGRAMMES
The GSMA will also include a number of exhibits and experiences highlighting its key industry programmes, allowing attendees to:
- Experience how licensed Low Power Wide Area networks (LTE-M & NB-IoT) are transforming everyday life across cities, businesses, communities and citizens around the world
- Learn how Mobile Connect is supporting cross-border identify verification compatible with the European Union e-Identification and Trust Services (eIDAS) regulation
- Test out your boxing skills on the IoT Punch Bag, which measures the power of your shots and transmits the data in real-time via a live Mobile IoT network
- See how the SmartThings Tracker tracks everyday objects from cars and laptop bags to pets in real-time on Mobile IoT Networks
- Visit the GSMA Mobile for Development programme’s Humanitarian Innovation Showcase to see cutting-edge hardware demonstrations alongside 360-degree interactive content and learn how mobile services are impacting lives in humanitarian contexts
- See how cities are using the IoT to measure air quality using new sensors and big data analytics to improve the health prospects and quality of life for citizens
- Experience how 5G networks will transform critical communications for the emergency services
- See how operators, aggregators and brands are using RCS A2P messaging services to engage directly with customers using chatbots and AI – with real-life demos from some of the world’s biggest brands
- Score a goal at the Innovation City football pitch and experience the power of 5G latency through remote robotic technologies that mimic your movements and hit targets to have a chance of winning a top prize
- See how FC Barcelona is using IoT big data and Mobile IoT technologies to improve the safety and efficiency of their stadium for fans and visitors
- See how 5G is enabling remote experiences and engage in an intergalactic virtual reality battle showcasing cloud gaming services
- See how Mobile Connect is supporting paramedics with secure access to patient medical records in emergency situations
- Learn how mobile is impacting all 17 of the SDGs and connecting everyone and everything to a better future. Experience the #CaseForChange journey in immersive 360 video and discover how big data is being used for social good.
Visit the Innovation City in Hall 4, Fira Gran Via
The GSMA Innovation City is located in Hall 4, Stand 4A30, 4A5 and 4A15 in Fira Gran Via and will be open during Mobile World Congress exhibition hours from Monday, 26 February to 1 March from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm. GSMA Members are invited to visit the exclusive Members Lounge for networking and cocktails daily from 4:00 pm. The GSMA Innovation City is open to all attendees with all pass types.
Get Involved at Mobile World Congress 2018
For more information on Mobile World Congress 2018, including how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, visit www.mobileworldcongress.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress on Twitter @GSMA using #MWC18, on our LinkedIn Mobile World Congress page www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-world-congress or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mobileworldcongress/.
The Mobile World Congress is the cornerstone of the Mobile World Capital, which will be hosted in Barcelona through 2023. The Mobile World Capital encompasses programmes and activities that span the entire year and will benefit not only the citizens of Barcelona, Catalonia and Spain, but also the worldwide mobile industry. For more information on the Mobile World Capital, visit www.mobileworldcapital.com.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For the GSMA
+44 79 7662 4962
Pau Guerrero / Gloria Almirall
+34 93 236 09 00
GSMA Press Office
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Ultra-Low Power Lattice sensAI Leads Mass Market Enablement of Artificial Intelligence in Edge Devices21.5.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ: LSCC) today unveiled Lattice sensAI™ – a complete technology stack combining modular hardware kits, neural network IP cores, software tools, reference designs and custom design services – to accelerate integration of machine learning inferencing into broad market IoT applications. With solutions optimized for ultra-low power consumption (under 1 mW–1 W), small package size (5.5 mm2 –100 mm2), interface flexibility (MIPI® CSI-2, LVDS, GigE, etc.), and high-volume pricing (~$1-$10 USD), Lattice sensAI stack fast-tracks implementation of edge computing close to the source of data. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180521005011/en/ (Graphic: Business Wire) “Lattice sensAI addresses the unmet need for flexible, low cost, ultra-low power AI silicon solutions suited for rapid deployment across a wide range of emerging, mass market IoT applications,” said Deepak Boppana, senior
NioCorp Awards Contract to Rockwell Automation on Groundbreaking Critical Minerals, Mining and Processing Facility in Nebraska21.5.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
NioCorp Developments Ltd. (TSX: NB, OTCQX: NIOBF), a developer of superalloy metals, has awarded a major contract to Rockwell Automation (NYSE: ROK) to engineer, design and procure process automation and instrumentation for NioCorp’s proposed critical minerals, mining and processing facility in Elk Creek, Nebraska. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180521005228/en/ Three superalloy metals – niobium, scandium and titanium – are expected to be produced by the facility as early as 2021. These critical materials are used in the aerospace, defense, automotive, clean energy, commercial aviation and mega-infrastructure sectors. Generally, these superalloys enable increased strength and lighter weight in transportation and other systems, leading to better fuel efficiency and lower greenhouse gas and other air emissions, according to NioCorp. “We selected Rockwell Automation and its partners to automate our process equip
Biosimilars could facilitate early access to life changing biological treatments for patients says Celltrion Healthcare21.5.2018 11:27 | Pressemelding
At the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR) 23rd Annual International Meeting in Baltimore, Celltrion Healthcare today advocated for healthcare systems to introduce biologics earlier in a patient’s treatment regimen in order to improve clinical outcomes. Several studies show that the early introduction of biologics can bring greater clinical benefit to patients.1,2,3,4,5,6 However, only a limited number of patients have access to biological treatment due to the high-cost of biologics and current reimbursement policies determined by pharmacoeconomic evaluations. Since the introduction of biosimilars, the overall cost of biological treatments has reduced in Europe, allowing an increased number of patients to access this important treatment option earlier in their course of treatment.7 Professor Jørgen Jahnsen said, “For the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, biological treatments are proven to be the most efficacious medical therapy and their ea
Dole’s Joint Venture Recycling Company Celebrates 25 Years21.5.2018 11:00 | Pressemelding
Dole Food Company announced today that Recyplast S.A., an innovative plastic recycling company based in Costa Rica and with joint ownership including a subsidiary of Dole Fresh Fruit, recently surpassed 25 years in its mission to dramatically reduce and reuse agricultural waste. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180521005160/en/ Raul Martinez (right), General Manager of Dole Standard Fruit de Costa Rica, receives a plaque from Jose Miguel Ramirez, General Manager of Recyplast, in recognition of the contribution of Dole's banana plantations in the correct handling, storage, and provision of field plastic waste. The plastic recycling facility pioneered the collection of field plastics after use in banana growing operations in Costa Rica. This reuse and recycling process includes reclamation of plastic bags that protect bananas from weather and insects, as well as the collection of plastic twine used to prop the ba
ViiV Healthcare Receives EU Marketing Authorisation for Juluca (dolutegravir/rilpivirine), the First 2-Drug Regimen, Once-Daily, Single-Pill for the Treatment of HIV21.5.2018 10:11 | Pressemelding
ViiV Healthcare, the global specialist HIV company, majority owned by GlaxoSmithKline, with Pfizer Inc. and Shionogi Limited as shareholders, today announced that the European Commission has granted marketing authorisation for Juluca (dolutegravir 50mg/rilpivirine 25mg) for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection in adults who are virologically suppressed (HIV-1 RNA <50 copies/mL) on a stable antiretroviral regimen for at least six months with no history of virological failure and no known or suspected resistance to any non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor or integrase inhibitor.1 Juluca is a 2-drug regimen of dolutegravir (ViiV Healthcare), the most widely prescribed integrase inhibitor worldwide,2 and rilpivirine (Janssen Sciences Ireland UC, part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson).1 Deborah Waterhouse, CEO ViiV Healthcare said, “The European Commission Decision for Juluca is very positive news for people living with
Janssen Announces European Commission Approval of JULUCA®▼ (dolutegravir/rilpivirine), the First Two-Drug Regimen, Once-Daily, Single-Pill for the Treatment of HIV-121.5.2018 10:06 | Pressemelding
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson today announced that the European Commission has granted marketing authorisation for JULUCA® (dolutegravir 50mg [ViiV Healthcare]/rilpivirine 25mg [Janssen Sciences Ireland UC]).1 ViiV Healthcare, as the marketing authorisation holder, will market dolutegravir/rilpivirine in all countries in the European Union and European Economic Area. Dolutegravir/rilpivirine is the first two-drug regimen, once-daily, single-pill for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection in adults who are virologically suppressed (HIV-1 RNA <50 c/mL) on a stable antiretroviral regimen for at least six months with no history of virological failure and no known or suspected resistance to any non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) or integrase inhibitor (INI).1 “The European Commission Decision for dolutegravir/rilpivirine marks a significant milestone in our 25-year commitment to make HIV history,” said Brian Woo