GSMA Innovation City Offers View into Future of Mobile at Mobile World Congress 2018
The GSMA Innovation City will be at Mobile World Congress 2018 once more, offering visitors with an opportunity to discover how mobile products and services are helping to create a better future for citizens and businesses around the world. The interactive exhibition space, which welcomed over 30,000 visitors last year and is one of the key attractions at Mobile World Congress, covers the latest innovations in mobile from artificial intelligence (AI) to 5G through a range of hands-on, experiential demonstrations that illustrate how mobile impacts virtually every aspect of our lives in sectors such as transport, health, agriculture, industry, home and retail.
“From chatbots to 5G, the GSMA Innovation City includes the very latest developments and innovations in this fast-moving industry and frames them in a consumer context via immersive, interactive demonstrations,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “One of the most popular destinations at Mobile World Congress, the City is a one-stop shop for the latest developments in our industry and we encourage all attendees to visit this year’s showcase.”
At the heart of the event and next to the Conference Village in Hall 4 in Fira Gran Via, the City is supported by leading brands including Cisco IoT, Huawei Wireless X Labs, KT Corporation, Sierra Wireless and Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures as well the GSMA’s key programmes and initiatives including Future Networks, Identity, Internet of Things, and Mobile for Development. The City will also include examples of the GSMA’s work supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
The Innovation City will showcase an array of interactive product and service demonstrations including:
Cisco IoT will enable visitors to experience firsthand how businesses globally are using the Cisco IoT Data Control platform to maximise the value of their IoT data. Visitors will get to see how Cisco IoT solutions can enable them to connect, extract, compute and move their IoT data to deliver the best business outcomes. Attendees will:
- See how Departments of Transportation are using the Cisco Kinetic IoT data platform to connect their roadways and act upon data in real time at the edge in order to save lives
- Learn how businesses across the globe are utilizing Cisco’s IoT device connectivity management platform – Cisco Jasper Control Center – to monitor and automatically reduce water waste to help combat drought conditions
- Experience how NB-IoT connectivity management is enabling smart lighting solutions that help keep citizens safer while making smart cities more efficient
- Get live, on-demand demos of the entire Cisco IoT solution set, and learn how Cisco enables the IoT ecosystem globally
- Experience how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures takes the communication and entertainment experience to the next level by offering a wide array of services like BiP, fizy, Tv+, lifebox designed exclusively for today’s digital lifestyle
- See how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures is using LPWA NB-IoT networks to support smart agriculture
- Learn how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures uses their big data analytics tools to respond instantly to humanitarian crises with smart city simulations
HUAWEI WIRELESS X LABS
Huawei will demonstrate its innovative mobile applications jointly developed by its Wireless X Labs and vertical partners with highlights including:
- Moon Landing Cloud Virtual Reality: Enter the ‘Lunar Lander’ and experience a moon landing via a wireless Virtual Reality headset
- Flying Car Connected Drone: See the future of transport with a flying connected drone
- Wireless Factory: Participate in a real manufacturing scenario constructed by Huawei and Denso
KT Corporation, one of Korea’s leading telecommunication service providers, will showcase its 5G network service for the first time ever. They will also demonstrate their first commercial 5G technologies and allow guests to experience futuristic 5G-based experiences including virtual reality, mixed reality and the connected car.
Sierra Wireless is empowering customers to reimagine their future in a connected world. Their demonstrations in the Innovation City will allow visitors to experience examples of how the IoT is creating a better future in all facets of life, including:
- Worker safety with an LPWA-connected work boot,
- Agriculture with a smart solution to optimize yields and better serve growing population needs over the long term,
- Security and energy efficiency with a solar-powered drone designed for long-endurance flights and monitoring remote locations, and
- A connected washing machine showing how connectivity helps laundry service providers transform their customer experience.
GSMA INDUSTRY PROGRAMMES
The GSMA will also include a number of exhibits and experiences highlighting its key industry programmes, allowing attendees to:
- Experience how licensed Low Power Wide Area networks (LTE-M & NB-IoT) are transforming everyday life across cities, businesses, communities and citizens around the world
- Learn how Mobile Connect is supporting cross-border identify verification compatible with the European Union e-Identification and Trust Services (eIDAS) regulation
- Test out your boxing skills on the IoT Punch Bag, which measures the power of your shots and transmits the data in real-time via a live Mobile IoT network
- See how the SmartThings Tracker tracks everyday objects from cars and laptop bags to pets in real-time on Mobile IoT Networks
- Visit the GSMA Mobile for Development programme’s Humanitarian Innovation Showcase to see cutting-edge hardware demonstrations alongside 360-degree interactive content and learn how mobile services are impacting lives in humanitarian contexts
- See how cities are using the IoT to measure air quality using new sensors and big data analytics to improve the health prospects and quality of life for citizens
- Experience how 5G networks will transform critical communications for the emergency services
- See how operators, aggregators and brands are using RCS A2P messaging services to engage directly with customers using chatbots and AI – with real-life demos from some of the world’s biggest brands
- Score a goal at the Innovation City football pitch and experience the power of 5G latency through remote robotic technologies that mimic your movements and hit targets to have a chance of winning a top prize
- See how FC Barcelona is using IoT big data and Mobile IoT technologies to improve the safety and efficiency of their stadium for fans and visitors
- See how 5G is enabling remote experiences and engage in an intergalactic virtual reality battle showcasing cloud gaming services
- See how Mobile Connect is supporting paramedics with secure access to patient medical records in emergency situations
- Learn how mobile is impacting all 17 of the SDGs and connecting everyone and everything to a better future. Experience the #CaseForChange journey in immersive 360 video and discover how big data is being used for social good.
Visit the Innovation City in Hall 4, Fira Gran Via
The GSMA Innovation City is located in Hall 4, Stand 4A30, 4A5 and 4A15 in Fira Gran Via and will be open during Mobile World Congress exhibition hours from Monday, 26 February to 1 March from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm. GSMA Members are invited to visit the exclusive Members Lounge for networking and cocktails daily from 4:00 pm. The GSMA Innovation City is open to all attendees with all pass types.
Get Involved at Mobile World Congress 2018
For more information on Mobile World Congress 2018, including how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, visit www.mobileworldcongress.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress on Twitter @GSMA using #MWC18, on our LinkedIn Mobile World Congress page www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-world-congress or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mobileworldcongress/.
The Mobile World Congress is the cornerstone of the Mobile World Capital, which will be hosted in Barcelona through 2023. The Mobile World Capital encompasses programmes and activities that span the entire year and will benefit not only the citizens of Barcelona, Catalonia and Spain, but also the worldwide mobile industry. For more information on the Mobile World Capital, visit www.mobileworldcapital.com.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For the GSMA
+44 79 7662 4962
Pau Guerrero / Gloria Almirall
+34 93 236 09 00
GSMA Press Office
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
2018 Healthcare+ Expo Taiwan: Where Tech Meets Medicine15.8.2018 13:03 | Pressemelding
From November 29th to December 2nd 2018, global-leading biomedical and technology institutes will gather in Taipei for the top healthcare and technology event in Asia - The Healthcare+ Expo - Taiwan. In line with the theme “Med X Tech”, a lineup of global leaders in technology will share the latest technology advancements and how technology create better solutions for future medical applications. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180815005001/en/ This year, the expo gathers 400 + world-class medical institutes and multi-national IT/ICT/electronic giants. The IT giants will showcase medical innovations of AI, IoT and robotic technologies. The medical institutes will demonstrate advanced medical technologies, smart hospital designs, products, and services while bio-pharmaceutical, medical device, and genetic enterprises will provide the most current updates in precision medicine. In all, more than 1,400 booths wil
QConnect - The Most Intelligent, Global, Ultra-Compact, Rugged Communication Device15.8.2018 13:00 | Pressemelding
Quake Global, Inc. (QUAKE), a leading provider of solutions to the global IoT market, announced the launch of their advanced telematics device, QConnect™. The Ultra-compact QConnect integrates with fixed and mobile assets for real-time tracking, monitoring and control anywhere, anytime. The device provides a variety of advanced, wireless communication options, including LTE/2G/3G, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth/BLE, V2X, and satellite. The device is designed to meet the demands of a wide variety of requirements from simple low-cost tracking applications to high-performance, multi-channel, video streaming applications. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180815005104/en/ Quake Global’s new QConnect, the most intelligent, global, ultra-compact and rugged communication device available (Photo: Business Wire) QConnect is flexible with unique apps and software options on an open source Linux platform. Control your vision w
PEI-Genesis Names Kris Haggstrom Senior Director of E-Commerce and EMS15.8.2018 11:07 | Pressemelding
PEI-Genesis, a global leader in the design and assembly of custom engineered connectors and cable solutions, has named Kris Haggstrom Senior Director of E-Commerce and Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS), it was announced today by Peter Austin, Corporate Vice President, PEI-Genesis. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180815005021/en/ PEI-Genesis names Kris Haggstrom Senior Director of E-Commerce and Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS). (Photo: Business Wire) “As PEI-Genesis has grown into a stronger, larger, global company capable of providing services across all markets, our customers have always considered us to be their connector solutions provider,” said Austin. “We have moved from being known as the fastest custom assembler of connectors, to having the largest available-to-sell connector inventory, to making finished cable assemblies, to providing total custom engineering and design capabilities. Wit
Quanergy Signs Oprema as Distribution Partner for UK and Ireland15.8.2018 10:00 | Pressemelding
Quanergy Systems, Inc., a global leader in the design and development of solid state LiDAR sensors and smart sensing solutions, today announced a partnership with Oprema, the fastest growing U.K. security distributor. Through the partnership, Oprema will provide full distribution support for Quanergy’s QORTEX™ for Security system across the United Kingdom and Ireland. Oprema will be Quanergy’s first distributor in the U.K. and Ireland, and will provide access to Quanergy’s LiDAR-based security system QORTEX for Security, an intelligent 3D perimeter fencing system that combines LiDAR hardware and software to enable real-time 3D detection, tracking and classification of security breaches. The solution was developed for use across various industries in which large-scale perimeter monitoring is essential. Tim Duggan, technical director at Oprema commented: “We are delighted to have signed a distribution agreement with Quanergy and are extremely excited about the technological advancements
itslearning and Google for Education Strike New Education Partnership, Deliver Major New Integrations to Improve Learning Outcomes15.8.2018 06:00 | Pressemelding
itslearning today announced its collaboration with Google for Education, delivering the first phase of a comprehensive technology roadmap. This initial milestone aligns with the itslearning mission to improve the efficacy of technology in education. The collaboration will involve significant work across R&D, Sales, and Marketing functions. With phase one complete, these capabilities are now available: Use of Google assignment templates to quickly ‘make a copy’ of a single Google file for each student with one click Easy administration of assignments within the itslearning environment by uploading from or linking to documents on Google Drive Ability to collaborate and give real-time feedback in Google Docs directly from an itslearning assignment screen Automatic management of file permissions to prevent learners from making post-deadline changes to a submitted file View, annotate, and grade submitted files with a grade or against a rubric, all from within one itslearning screen “We are
Pacific Drilling Announces Second-Quarter 2018 Results14.8.2018 21:38 | Pressemelding
Pacific Drilling S.A. (OTC: PACDQ) today reported results for the second quarter of 2018. Net loss for the second-quarter 2018 was $103.7 million or $4.86 per diluted share, compared to net loss of $96.1 million or $4.50 per diluted share for the first-quarter 2018, and net loss of $138.1 million or $6.48 per diluted share for second-quarter 2017. Pacific Drilling CEO Paul Reese commented, “This quarter we continued to provide outstanding operational services to our clients, delivering revenue efficiency of 98.7 percent. Our strong operating results have been recognized by clients as we successfully secure new work for our high-specification, deepwater drillship fleet. Petronas recently exercised its option to contract Pacific Santa Ana for an additional year of work commencing in mid-2019. In addition, we have a letter of intent from Eni for Pacific Bora to work in Nigeria, as well as two letters of award for drilling services in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico for Pacific Khamsin and Pacific