GSMA Innovation City Offers View into Future of Mobile at Mobile World Congress 2018
The GSMA Innovation City will be at Mobile World Congress 2018 once more, offering visitors with an opportunity to discover how mobile products and services are helping to create a better future for citizens and businesses around the world. The interactive exhibition space, which welcomed over 30,000 visitors last year and is one of the key attractions at Mobile World Congress, covers the latest innovations in mobile from artificial intelligence (AI) to 5G through a range of hands-on, experiential demonstrations that illustrate how mobile impacts virtually every aspect of our lives in sectors such as transport, health, agriculture, industry, home and retail.
“From chatbots to 5G, the GSMA Innovation City includes the very latest developments and innovations in this fast-moving industry and frames them in a consumer context via immersive, interactive demonstrations,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “One of the most popular destinations at Mobile World Congress, the City is a one-stop shop for the latest developments in our industry and we encourage all attendees to visit this year’s showcase.”
At the heart of the event and next to the Conference Village in Hall 4 in Fira Gran Via, the City is supported by leading brands including Cisco IoT, Huawei Wireless X Labs, KT Corporation, Sierra Wireless and Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures as well the GSMA’s key programmes and initiatives including Future Networks, Identity, Internet of Things, and Mobile for Development. The City will also include examples of the GSMA’s work supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
The Innovation City will showcase an array of interactive product and service demonstrations including:
Cisco IoT will enable visitors to experience firsthand how businesses globally are using the Cisco IoT Data Control platform to maximise the value of their IoT data. Visitors will get to see how Cisco IoT solutions can enable them to connect, extract, compute and move their IoT data to deliver the best business outcomes. Attendees will:
- See how Departments of Transportation are using the Cisco Kinetic IoT data platform to connect their roadways and act upon data in real time at the edge in order to save lives
- Learn how businesses across the globe are utilizing Cisco’s IoT device connectivity management platform – Cisco Jasper Control Center – to monitor and automatically reduce water waste to help combat drought conditions
- Experience how NB-IoT connectivity management is enabling smart lighting solutions that help keep citizens safer while making smart cities more efficient
- Get live, on-demand demos of the entire Cisco IoT solution set, and learn how Cisco enables the IoT ecosystem globally
- Experience how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures takes the communication and entertainment experience to the next level by offering a wide array of services like BiP, fizy, Tv+, lifebox designed exclusively for today’s digital lifestyle
- See how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures is using LPWA NB-IoT networks to support smart agriculture
- Learn how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures uses their big data analytics tools to respond instantly to humanitarian crises with smart city simulations
HUAWEI WIRELESS X LABS
Huawei will demonstrate its innovative mobile applications jointly developed by its Wireless X Labs and vertical partners with highlights including:
- Moon Landing Cloud Virtual Reality: Enter the ‘Lunar Lander’ and experience a moon landing via a wireless Virtual Reality headset
- Flying Car Connected Drone: See the future of transport with a flying connected drone
- Wireless Factory: Participate in a real manufacturing scenario constructed by Huawei and Denso
KT Corporation, one of Korea’s leading telecommunication service providers, will showcase its 5G network service for the first time ever. They will also demonstrate their first commercial 5G technologies and allow guests to experience futuristic 5G-based experiences including virtual reality, mixed reality and the connected car.
Sierra Wireless is empowering customers to reimagine their future in a connected world. Their demonstrations in the Innovation City will allow visitors to experience examples of how the IoT is creating a better future in all facets of life, including:
- Worker safety with an LPWA-connected work boot,
- Agriculture with a smart solution to optimize yields and better serve growing population needs over the long term,
- Security and energy efficiency with a solar-powered drone designed for long-endurance flights and monitoring remote locations, and
- A connected washing machine showing how connectivity helps laundry service providers transform their customer experience.
GSMA INDUSTRY PROGRAMMES
The GSMA will also include a number of exhibits and experiences highlighting its key industry programmes, allowing attendees to:
- Experience how licensed Low Power Wide Area networks (LTE-M & NB-IoT) are transforming everyday life across cities, businesses, communities and citizens around the world
- Learn how Mobile Connect is supporting cross-border identify verification compatible with the European Union e-Identification and Trust Services (eIDAS) regulation
- Test out your boxing skills on the IoT Punch Bag, which measures the power of your shots and transmits the data in real-time via a live Mobile IoT network
- See how the SmartThings Tracker tracks everyday objects from cars and laptop bags to pets in real-time on Mobile IoT Networks
- Visit the GSMA Mobile for Development programme’s Humanitarian Innovation Showcase to see cutting-edge hardware demonstrations alongside 360-degree interactive content and learn how mobile services are impacting lives in humanitarian contexts
- See how cities are using the IoT to measure air quality using new sensors and big data analytics to improve the health prospects and quality of life for citizens
- Experience how 5G networks will transform critical communications for the emergency services
- See how operators, aggregators and brands are using RCS A2P messaging services to engage directly with customers using chatbots and AI – with real-life demos from some of the world’s biggest brands
- Score a goal at the Innovation City football pitch and experience the power of 5G latency through remote robotic technologies that mimic your movements and hit targets to have a chance of winning a top prize
- See how FC Barcelona is using IoT big data and Mobile IoT technologies to improve the safety and efficiency of their stadium for fans and visitors
- See how 5G is enabling remote experiences and engage in an intergalactic virtual reality battle showcasing cloud gaming services
- See how Mobile Connect is supporting paramedics with secure access to patient medical records in emergency situations
- Learn how mobile is impacting all 17 of the SDGs and connecting everyone and everything to a better future. Experience the #CaseForChange journey in immersive 360 video and discover how big data is being used for social good.
Visit the Innovation City in Hall 4, Fira Gran Via
The GSMA Innovation City is located in Hall 4, Stand 4A30, 4A5 and 4A15 in Fira Gran Via and will be open during Mobile World Congress exhibition hours from Monday, 26 February to 1 March from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm. GSMA Members are invited to visit the exclusive Members Lounge for networking and cocktails daily from 4:00 pm. The GSMA Innovation City is open to all attendees with all pass types.
Get Involved at Mobile World Congress 2018
For more information on Mobile World Congress 2018, including how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, visit www.mobileworldcongress.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress on Twitter @GSMA using #MWC18, on our LinkedIn Mobile World Congress page www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-world-congress or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mobileworldcongress/.
The Mobile World Congress is the cornerstone of the Mobile World Capital, which will be hosted in Barcelona through 2023. The Mobile World Capital encompasses programmes and activities that span the entire year and will benefit not only the citizens of Barcelona, Catalonia and Spain, but also the worldwide mobile industry. For more information on the Mobile World Capital, visit www.mobileworldcapital.com.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For the GSMA
+44 79 7662 4962
Pau Guerrero / Gloria Almirall
+34 93 236 09 00
GSMA Press Office
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Takeda to Present Results from Phase 3 ALTA-1L Trial Highlighting Intracranial Efficacy of ALUNBRIG® (brigatinib) Versus Crizotinib in First-Line Advanced ALK+ Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer19.10.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TSE: 4502) today announced that intracranial efficacy data from the Phase 3 ALTA-1L (ALK in Lung Cancer Trial of BrigAtinib in 1 st Line) trial showed improved intracranial progression-free survival (PFS) and intracranial objective response rate (ORR) with ALUNBRIG (brigatinib) compared to crizotinib among anaplastic lymphoma kinase-positive (ALK+) non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients. Data for these secondary endpoints will be presented in a poster discussion at the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) 2018 Congress on Friday, October 19 at 2:00 p.m. CET in Munich, Germany. These results further support ALUNBRIG as a potential treatment for adults with ALK+ locally advanced or metastatic NSCLC who had not received a prior ALK inhibitor. ALUNBRIG is currently not approved as first-line therapy for advanced ALK+ NSCLC. “ALK+ NSCLC often spreads to the brain, so having options that can clearly demonstrate efficacy both in the brain an
Vertex Receives European CHMP Positive Opinion for KALYDECO® (ivacaftor) to Treat Patients With Cystic Fibrosis Aged 12 to <24 months With Certain Mutations in the CFTR Gene19.10.2018 11:54 | Pressemelding
Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Europe) Limited today announces that the European Medicines Agency’s (EMA) Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) adopted a positive opinion for KALYDECO® (ivacaftor) to include the treatment of people with cystic fibrosis (CF) aged 12 to <24 months who have at least one of the following nine mutations in their cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene: G551D, G1244E, G1349D, G178R, G551S, S1251N, S1255P, S549N or S549R. If the European Commission issues a favorable adoption of the EMA CHMP opinion for the extension of indication, ivacaftor will be the first and only medicine approved in Europe to treat the underlying cause of CF in patients aged 12 to <24 months, who have specific mutations in the CFTR gene. “Cystic fibrosis is a chronic, progressive disease that is present at birth, with symptoms often occurring in infancy, so early treatment is crucial to deliver the best possible outcomes for patients,” said Reshma Kewalr
Schlumberger Announces Third-Quarter 2018 Results19.10.2018 11:00 | Pressemelding
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE: SLB) today reported results for the third quarter of 2018. (Stated in millions, except per share amounts) Three Months Ended Change Sept. 30, 2018 Jun. 30, 2018 Sept. 30, 2017 Sequential Year-on-year Revenue $8,504 $8,303 $7,905 2% 8% Pretax operating income $1,152 $1,094 $1,059 5% 9% Pretax operating margin 13.5% 13.2% 13.4% 36 bps 15 bps Net income - GAAP basis $644 $430 $545 50% 18% Net income, excluding charges & credits* $644 $594 $581 8% 11% Diluted EPS - GAAP basis $0.46 $0.31 $0.39 48% 18% Diluted EPS, excluding charges & credits* $0.46 $0.43 $0.42 7% 10% North America revenue $3,189 $3,139 $2,602 2% 23% International revenue $5,215 $5,065 $5,147 3% 1% North America revenue, excluding Cameron $2,572 $2,546 $2,086 1% 23% International revenue, excluding Cameron $4,559 $4,387 $4,430 4% 3% *These are non-GAAP financial measures. See section below entitled "Charges & Credits" for details. Schlumberger Chairman and CEO Paal Kibsgaard commented, “Our third
Tradeshift Announces Q3 2018 Results19.10.2018 11:00 | Pressemelding
Tradeshift, the leader in supply chain payments and marketplaces, today announced results from the third quarter of 2018, marking the tenth quarter in a row of successive growth and beating targets. Tradeshift’s third quarter growth stats announced today include: YoY revenue grew 400 percent (trailing 12 months) YoY new bookings grew 284 percent YoY gross merchandise volume (GMV) grew 262 percent New total contract value grew by $47M in Q3 Tradeshift’s customer roster continued strong growth this quarter adding 27 new customers, including Hertz, Shiseido, ECU, and Fortune 500 leaders in retail apparel, agriculture, engineering and construction, hospitality, travel and food delivery. Tradeshift also expanded its app ecosystem by adding a key partnership with Coface, a global credit insurer. Coface has announced a new app solution on the Tradeshift platform offering risk and business information services to help businesses make decisions by ensuring greater financial transparency between
Alibaba’s Robust Ecosystem Supercharges 2018 11.11 Global Shopping Festival19.10.2018 10:15 | Pressemelding
Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NYSE:BABA) today officially kicked off the 2018 11.11 Global Shopping Festival in China’s capital, promising this year’s mega-event will be the largest-ever in terms of scale and reach. Businesses within the Alibaba ecosystem will jointly offer hundreds of millions of consumers an enriching experience that supports their pursuit of high-quality products, entertainment and fast, reliable services. The Festival will also demonstrate the enthusiasm of consumers and brands embracing Alibaba’s New Retail strategy – the convergence of online and offline retail through technology. “This year marks the 10th anniversary of 11.11. On the back of China’s explosive digital transformation, the Festival’s astounding growth over the past decade has powered the steady growth of quality consumption sought by Chinese shoppers. The evolution also showcases the development of the Alibaba ecosystem over time expanding well beyond e-commerce,” said Alibaba Group CEO Daniel Zha
Real-world study shows using Giotrif®/Gilotrif® (afatinib) followed by osimertinib provides a median of 27.6 months of chemotherapy-free time in patients with EGFR mutation-positive NSCLC19.10.2018 10:08 | Pressemelding
Boehringer Ingelheim today announced results from GioTag, a real-world retrospective study which examined the impact of first-line Giotrif®/Gilotrif® (afatinib) followed by osimertinib, in epidermal growth factor receptor mutation-positive (EGFR M+) non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients with acquired T790M mutations, the most common mechanism of resistance to first- and second-generation EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs). The results showed that the sequential strategy was effective in delaying subsequent chemotherapy treatment and were published today in the journal Future Oncology. According to the study, the median time on treatment for sequential afatinib and osimertinib was 27.6 months. In this broad, real-world population, the clinical benefit was consistent across all patient subgroups, with particularly encouraging results seen in those with exon 19 deletion (Del19)-positive disease (median time on treatment 30.3 months) and Asian patients (median time on treatment 4