GSMA Innovation City Offers View into Future of Mobile at Mobile World Congress 2018
The GSMA Innovation City will be at Mobile World Congress 2018 once more, offering visitors with an opportunity to discover how mobile products and services are helping to create a better future for citizens and businesses around the world. The interactive exhibition space, which welcomed over 30,000 visitors last year and is one of the key attractions at Mobile World Congress, covers the latest innovations in mobile from artificial intelligence (AI) to 5G through a range of hands-on, experiential demonstrations that illustrate how mobile impacts virtually every aspect of our lives in sectors such as transport, health, agriculture, industry, home and retail.
“From chatbots to 5G, the GSMA Innovation City includes the very latest developments and innovations in this fast-moving industry and frames them in a consumer context via immersive, interactive demonstrations,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “One of the most popular destinations at Mobile World Congress, the City is a one-stop shop for the latest developments in our industry and we encourage all attendees to visit this year’s showcase.”
At the heart of the event and next to the Conference Village in Hall 4 in Fira Gran Via, the City is supported by leading brands including Cisco IoT, Huawei Wireless X Labs, KT Corporation, Sierra Wireless and Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures as well the GSMA’s key programmes and initiatives including Future Networks, Identity, Internet of Things, and Mobile for Development. The City will also include examples of the GSMA’s work supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
The Innovation City will showcase an array of interactive product and service demonstrations including:
Cisco IoT will enable visitors to experience firsthand how businesses globally are using the Cisco IoT Data Control platform to maximise the value of their IoT data. Visitors will get to see how Cisco IoT solutions can enable them to connect, extract, compute and move their IoT data to deliver the best business outcomes. Attendees will:
- See how Departments of Transportation are using the Cisco Kinetic IoT data platform to connect their roadways and act upon data in real time at the edge in order to save lives
- Learn how businesses across the globe are utilizing Cisco’s IoT device connectivity management platform – Cisco Jasper Control Center – to monitor and automatically reduce water waste to help combat drought conditions
- Experience how NB-IoT connectivity management is enabling smart lighting solutions that help keep citizens safer while making smart cities more efficient
- Get live, on-demand demos of the entire Cisco IoT solution set, and learn how Cisco enables the IoT ecosystem globally
- Experience how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures takes the communication and entertainment experience to the next level by offering a wide array of services like BiP, fizy, Tv+, lifebox designed exclusively for today’s digital lifestyle
- See how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures is using LPWA NB-IoT networks to support smart agriculture
- Learn how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures uses their big data analytics tools to respond instantly to humanitarian crises with smart city simulations
HUAWEI WIRELESS X LABS
Huawei will demonstrate its innovative mobile applications jointly developed by its Wireless X Labs and vertical partners with highlights including:
- Moon Landing Cloud Virtual Reality: Enter the ‘Lunar Lander’ and experience a moon landing via a wireless Virtual Reality headset
- Flying Car Connected Drone: See the future of transport with a flying connected drone
- Wireless Factory: Participate in a real manufacturing scenario constructed by Huawei and Denso
KT Corporation, one of Korea’s leading telecommunication service providers, will showcase its 5G network service for the first time ever. They will also demonstrate their first commercial 5G technologies and allow guests to experience futuristic 5G-based experiences including virtual reality, mixed reality and the connected car.
Sierra Wireless is empowering customers to reimagine their future in a connected world. Their demonstrations in the Innovation City will allow visitors to experience examples of how the IoT is creating a better future in all facets of life, including:
- Worker safety with an LPWA-connected work boot,
- Agriculture with a smart solution to optimize yields and better serve growing population needs over the long term,
- Security and energy efficiency with a solar-powered drone designed for long-endurance flights and monitoring remote locations, and
- A connected washing machine showing how connectivity helps laundry service providers transform their customer experience.
GSMA INDUSTRY PROGRAMMES
The GSMA will also include a number of exhibits and experiences highlighting its key industry programmes, allowing attendees to:
- Experience how licensed Low Power Wide Area networks (LTE-M & NB-IoT) are transforming everyday life across cities, businesses, communities and citizens around the world
- Learn how Mobile Connect is supporting cross-border identify verification compatible with the European Union e-Identification and Trust Services (eIDAS) regulation
- Test out your boxing skills on the IoT Punch Bag, which measures the power of your shots and transmits the data in real-time via a live Mobile IoT network
- See how the SmartThings Tracker tracks everyday objects from cars and laptop bags to pets in real-time on Mobile IoT Networks
- Visit the GSMA Mobile for Development programme’s Humanitarian Innovation Showcase to see cutting-edge hardware demonstrations alongside 360-degree interactive content and learn how mobile services are impacting lives in humanitarian contexts
- See how cities are using the IoT to measure air quality using new sensors and big data analytics to improve the health prospects and quality of life for citizens
- Experience how 5G networks will transform critical communications for the emergency services
- See how operators, aggregators and brands are using RCS A2P messaging services to engage directly with customers using chatbots and AI – with real-life demos from some of the world’s biggest brands
- Score a goal at the Innovation City football pitch and experience the power of 5G latency through remote robotic technologies that mimic your movements and hit targets to have a chance of winning a top prize
- See how FC Barcelona is using IoT big data and Mobile IoT technologies to improve the safety and efficiency of their stadium for fans and visitors
- See how 5G is enabling remote experiences and engage in an intergalactic virtual reality battle showcasing cloud gaming services
- See how Mobile Connect is supporting paramedics with secure access to patient medical records in emergency situations
- Learn how mobile is impacting all 17 of the SDGs and connecting everyone and everything to a better future. Experience the #CaseForChange journey in immersive 360 video and discover how big data is being used for social good.
Visit the Innovation City in Hall 4, Fira Gran Via
The GSMA Innovation City is located in Hall 4, Stand 4A30, 4A5 and 4A15 in Fira Gran Via and will be open during Mobile World Congress exhibition hours from Monday, 26 February to 1 March from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm. GSMA Members are invited to visit the exclusive Members Lounge for networking and cocktails daily from 4:00 pm. The GSMA Innovation City is open to all attendees with all pass types.
Get Involved at Mobile World Congress 2018
For more information on Mobile World Congress 2018, including how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, visit www.mobileworldcongress.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress on Twitter @GSMA using #MWC18, on our LinkedIn Mobile World Congress page www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-world-congress or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mobileworldcongress/.
The Mobile World Congress is the cornerstone of the Mobile World Capital, which will be hosted in Barcelona through 2023. The Mobile World Capital encompasses programmes and activities that span the entire year and will benefit not only the citizens of Barcelona, Catalonia and Spain, but also the worldwide mobile industry. For more information on the Mobile World Capital, visit www.mobileworldcapital.com.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For the GSMA
+44 79 7662 4962
Pau Guerrero / Gloria Almirall
+34 93 236 09 00
GSMA Press Office
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Andersen Tax & Legal Launches in Egypt20.2.2018 14:30 | Pressemelding
The Andersen name launches in Egypt this week as Maher Milad Iskander and Co., an Egyptian tax and legal firm based in Cairo, formally adopts the name Andersen Tax & Legal. Maher Milad Iskander and Co. became a collaborating firm of Andersen Global in July of 2017 and is one of three that have become member firms and adopted the Andersen name thus far in 2018. Maher Milad Iskander, Managing Partner of Andersen Tax & Legal in Egypt, said, “Andersen Global’s strategy of focusing on outstanding tax and legal services will provide us with many advantages and will allow us to even better serve our cross-border clientele. We are looking forward to our continued work with the Andersen team and to seamlessly providing innovative and client-focused solutions on a global level through our colleagues around the world.” “Egypt is considered to be one of the highest growing markets in the world and our adoption of the Andersen name in Egypt has come at the perfect time,” added Global Chairman and A
Proposals of the Supervisory Board to Be Submitted to the Annual General Shareholders' Meeting of Sartorius AG20.2.2018 14:00 | Pressemelding
At today’s meeting, the Supervisory Board of Sartorius AG, approved the Executive Board’s recommendation to submit a proposal to the Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting on April 5, 2018, to raise dividends to 0.51 euros per preference share and 0.50 euros per ordinary share. Prior-year dividends were 0.46 euros and 0.45 euros per preference share and per ordinary share, respectively. Therefore, the total amount disbursed under this proposal would increase by 11.0% to 34.5 million euros from 31.1 million euros a year earlier. In addition, the Supervisory Board will submit a proposal to the Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting to elect Dr. Guido Oelkers to the Supervisory Board as a representative of the shareholders. Guido Oelkers has already been a member of this board since November 2017. He was appointed by court order after Supervisory Board member Professor Arnold Picot, Ph.D., had passed away. Guido Oelkers, who was born in 1965 and holds a university degree in business administr
First Dedicated Esports Apparel Brand H4X.gg Unveils Its Debut Line of Performance Gear and Streetwear, Partners with ESL and DreamHack20.2.2018 14:00 | Pressemelding
Esports apparel and gear company Moniker, Inc. ("Moniker") has introduced the first esports lifestyle brand H4X.gg (pronounced “hacks”) with high quality performance wear and casual streetwear for esports athletes and fans. H4X.gg has partnered with ESL, the world’s largest esports company, and DreamHack, the world’s largest digital festival, to become the official apparel supplier of ESL One, Intel® Extreme Masters, DreamHack Open, DreamHack Masters and DreamLeague 2018, kicking off with ESL One in Katowice, Poland on February 24-25. "We are very happy to partner with the first dedicated esports apparel brand designed specifically for fans and players,” said Bernhard Mogk, SVP Global Sales & Business Development at ESL. “We’re incredibly excited to debut the line of performance gear at ESL One Katowice this month and roll out the entire line at future ESL events throughout 2018.” The H4X.gg line was developed by passionate gamers and esports industry veterans at BITKRAFT Esports Ventu
ETECSA Enhances Connectivity to the Rest of the World with SES Networks20.2.2018 14:00 | Pressemelding
Cubans and visitors to Cuba will have additional access to reliable and uninterrupted connectivity throughout the main island of Cuba as ETECSA, Cuba’s national telecommunications operator, signed a deal with SES Networks for satellite services, SES announced today. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180220005894/en/ ETECSA Enhances Connectivity to the Rest of the World with SES Networks (Photo: Business Wire) SES Networks will augment ETECSA’s existing terrestrial infrastructure with its high-performance fibre-like medium earth orbit (MEO) capacity and improve connectivity for end-customers of the Cuban operator. “By working with SES Networks, we are ensuring that our customers across the main island will have a new way to access high-performing Internet at all times through this innovative satellite system. Our collaboration with SES Networks highlights ETECSA’s mission of providing telecommunications services t
New PubMatic Research Shows Private Marketplaces Drive Global Mobile Advertising Growth20.2.2018 14:00 | Pressemelding
PubMatic, the publisher-focused sell-side platform (SSP) for an open digital media future, today announced findings from its Q4 2017 Quarterly Mobile Index (QMI). The report, which identifies trends in mobile advertising, found that mobile private marketplaces (PMPs) monetized impression volume increased by 37 percent year-over-year (YOY) in Q4 2017, adding to a long growth streak for mobile PMPs now spanning eight consecutive quarters. The upswing for mobile PMPs is attributed to major marketers continuing to increase spend through programmatic channels. PMPs offer robust options for advertisers to gain access to premium inventory coupled with safeguards for ad fraud and brand risk, amid growing concerns about quality, viewability and transparency. For publishers, PMPs provide more control over their inventory and partnership with buyers. As a result, mobile PMP eCPMs globally in 2017 were priced at a 155 percent premium, compared to those paid for the average mobile open exchange imp
NMI Agrees to Acquire Creditcall to Expand EMV and Omnichannel Capabilities20.2.2018 13:04 | Pressemelding
NMI, a leading provider of payments enablement technology for independent sales organizations (ISOs), independent software vendors (ISVs), value-added resellers (VARs) and payment facilitators, today announced it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Creditcall, an omnichannel payment gateway and EMV solutions provider. With offices in Bristol, England, and New York, and customers throughout many regions of the world, Creditcall will give NMI a global presence and access to new markets. This acquisition will continue to differentiate NMI from traditional payment gateway providers by further expanding its omnichannel and EMV capabilities, creating a one-of-a-kind payment gateway platform supporting all channels of commerce including retail, e-commerce, mobile and unattended. “The payment technology requirements of today’s merchants are more complex than ever—they need to accept and process payments in all sales channels and environments,” said Roy Banks, chief executive officer o