GSMA Announces Speakers for Mobile 360 Series – Europe
The GSMA today announced the first confirmed speakers for the Mobile 360 Series – Europe conference taking place on Thursday, 3 December 2015 at The Egg, Brussels. The event will bring together EU policy makers and thought leaders to explore the widespread innovations across the mobile ecosystem and its consequences for digital policies. It will also provide a timely opportunity to discuss and debate the necessary changes to the policy framework to realise the full potential of the Digital Single Market.
The first speakers confirmed for the event are:
- David Maidment, Lead Mobile Strategist, ARM
- Tom Platt, Commercial Director, BCSG
- Alexander De Croo, Deputy Prime Minister of Belgium, Minister for Digital Agenda and Telecoms
- Christopher S. Yoo, John H. Chestnut Professor of Law, Communication, and Computer & Information Science & Director, Center for Technology, Innovation & Competition
- Philippe Defraigne, Director, Cullen International
- Michal Boni, Member of the European Parliament
- Pierre Louette, Deputy CEO, Orange
- Janice Hughes, Co-Founder and Director, Redshift
- Rol Carthy, CMO, Shine Technologies
- Marco Patuano, CEO, Telecom Italia
- Lars Torstensson, EVP Group Communication and Strategy, Tele2
- Aditya Kaul, Research Director, Tractica
- Kaan Terzioğlu, CEO, Turkcell
The conference programme will drive the debate on how mobile and digital technologies are fuelling unprecedented innovations across all sectors of the EU’s economy and how best to frame the planned Digital Single Market and Telecoms Framework Review to benefit consumers, businesses and governments. The conference will focus on the impact that 5G technologies will have in the coming years, with a particular focus on enterprise services, financial technology, media and entertainment and wearable devices.
“Europe has the opportunity to gain a leadership position in the rapidly developing mobile ecosystem, bringing with it unparalleled prospects for economic growth and social progress. Bringing together industry leaders at conference events like Mobile 360 – Europe helps to propel new ideas and allows for a discussion on existing challenges to be overcome for the benefit of both consumers and industries in the region,” said Afke Schaart, Vice President Europe, GSMA.
Showcase at Mobile 360 Series – Europe
The Showcase will run throughout the event and will offer attendees the opportunity to engage with the latest mobile technology innovations from our partners and GSMA programmes. The GSMA offer a closer look at initiatives in areas such as Personal Data, Inside the Network, Network 2020, Digital Commerce and Capacity Building.
- Personal Data – Meet Mobile Connect, the mobile operator-facilitated authentication solution that combines the user’s unique mobile number and PIN to verify and authenticate the user everywhere. Mobile Connect can support e-government digital identity authentication for citizens and employees, giving access to public services like healthcare and education, as well as cross-border services and voting. By offering secure access with in-built privacy protection, Mobile Connect can strengthen trust and uptake in e-Government services.
- Inside the Network - As part of the Showcase the GSMA will be inviting guests to enter a unique virtual reality world to experience the power of the mobile network. Oculus Rift headsets will allow visitors to enter the mobile network, viewing it from the inside and taking in the expanding world of connected devices and services.
- Network 2020 - It's projected by 2020 that 70 per cent of the population will be LTE ready. Discover how to capitalise on this opportunity with the benefits of all-IP communications. The Network 2020 team will be demonstrating enriched calling and the new All-IP Business Guide. Attendees can book a free individual demonstration at http://info.gsma.com/Network2020BrusselsDemo .
- Digital Commerce - Digital Commerce will be worth US $3 trillion by 2018(1) – see how the Digital Commerce team is working with mobile operators, regulators, banks, card schemes, retailers, transport operators and other service providers to drive the mass adoption of SIM-secured digital commerce services globally.
- Capacity Building - Visit the Showcase stand to learn more about the GSMA’s catalogue of face-to-face training courses for policymakers and regulators, and pick up your free copy of the latest Mobile Policy Handbook. Try a demo of Capacity Building’s online training courses, which are now available via an interactive training portal.
Get Involved at Mobile 360 - Europe
For more information, including how to attend, exhibit or speak at the event, visit http://www.mobile360series.com/europe. Follow the latest developments and updates on Mobile 360 - Europe on Twitter - @GSMA and #M360EU – and on Facebook: www.facebook.com/gsma.
Notes to Editors
1 Source: The Mobile Economy 2015
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 250 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai and the Mobile 360 Series conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Edgewater Networks Announces Event Sponsorship of BroadSoft Connections 201720.10.2017 21:00 | Pressemelding
Edgewater Networks, Inc., the industry leader in Network Edge Orchestration, announced today that it is an event sponsor of the BroadSoft Connections 2017 user conference, which takes place October 22-25 at the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in Phoenix, AZ. During the event, Edgewater Networks will feature demonstrations of the latest end-to-end network interoperability capabilities, including Zero Touch Provisioning, UC Analytics from the core to the endpoint, SD-WAN optimized for BroadSoft, and much more. Continuing a long-standing partnership with BroadSoft, Edgewater Networks has completed another level of BroadCloud certification, this time for local survivability which is critical for business continuity for SMB and Enterprise customers. BroadSoft’s PacketSmart is available on all EdgeMarc Intelligent Edges. All elements of the Network Edge Orchestration are
More than 70 Companies to Showcase Top Tech at CES Unveiled Paris20.10.2017 15:08 | Pressemelding
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) today announced that more than 70 exhibitors will showcase their latest innovations at the now sold-out fifth annual CES Unveiled Paris The event will focus on the Internet of Things (IoT), connectivity and smart cities, and draw more than 600 attendees. CES Unveiled Paris will run from 2-7:30 PM on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at the Palais Brongniart. Regional technology companies, top-tier media outlets, buyers and key industry influencers will come together at CES Unveiled Paris to get a direct look at the latest industry developments. The day kicks off with a CES news conference and CTA market trends presentation. Conference programming is followed by a tabletop exhibition & networking reception. Curated exhibitors will be there to showcase top tech from robotics and audio to smart home and augmented and virtual reality. Notable
Westinghouse Receives Regulatory Approval for Analysis Methodologies20.10.2017 12:15 | Pressemelding
Westinghouse Electric Company today announced that it has received approval from the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) for two new important analysis methodologies that will be used to upgrade Westinghouse- and Combustion Engineering-based nuclear steam supply system (NSSS) safety analyses. The approvals granted are for the new FULL SPECTRUMTM Loss of Coolant Accident (FSLOCATM) methodology and the Performance Analysis and Design Model software code update, PAD5. FSLOCA is capable of improved modeling of the transient response in a pressurized water reactor to the full spectrum of LOCA break sizes that could occur, and PAD5 is the next generation of the Westinghouse fuel rod design performance code. “These codes were developed to work in concert with each other to maximize analytical margin for nuclear utilities,” said Michele DeWitt, senior vice preside
Gilead Announces Multiple Scientific Presentations Demonstrating High Cure Rates in Difficult-to-Cure HCV Patients and Improved Long-Term Bone and Renal Safety of Vemlidy® in HBV Patients Switched from Viread®20.10.2017 12:03 | Pressemelding
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: GILD) today announced results from Phase 2 and Phase 3 studies of its approved medicines for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) and hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection, adding to the body of evidence supporting Gilead’s viral hepatitis therapies in diverse patient populations. These and other data from more than 25 abstracts will be presented this week at The Liver Meeting® 2017, which begins today in Washington, D.C. Positive results from studies of Harvoni® (ledipasvir 90mg/sofosbuvir 400mg) in HCV-infected patients with severe renal impairment, Epclusa® (sofosbuvir 400mg/velpatasvir 100mg) in HCV-infected liver transplant recipients and Vosevi® (sofosbuvir 400mg/velpatasvir 100mg/voxilaprevir 100mg) in NS5A-inhibitor experienced HCV-infected patients will be presented during poster sessions on October 21 and October 22. In addition, updated results f
Schlumberger Announces Third-Quarter 2017 Results20.10.2017 11:00 | Pressemelding
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB) today reported results for the third quarter of 2017. (Stated in millions, except per share amounts) Three Months Ended Change Sept. 30, 2017 Jun. 30, 2017 Sept. 30, 2016 Sequential Year-on-year
SP3H Announces That It Has Obtained a €1.2 Million European Union Grant for Its Intelligent and Clean Vehicle (VIP) Project20.10.2017 10:47 | Pressemelding
SP3H is proud to announce joining the very select circle of the 10 French winners of the H2020 SME Instrument Phase 2 program since 2014. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171020005325/en/ Last summer VIP received the very prestigious SME instrument phase 2 H2020 label in the "transport & smart cities mobility" category. With an overall budget of € 1.7 million, VIP is subsidized by the European Union at a rate of 70% or €1.2 million. The framework contract was officially signed early October. VIP is the pre-industrialization program for Fuelbox sensors, the world's first miniaturized scanner capable of analyzing the quality of fuels on board vehicles. The heart of the program remains closely linked to the reduction of CO2 and pollutant emissions from vehicle
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom