GSMA Announces Speakers for Mobile 360 Series – Europe
The GSMA today announced the first confirmed speakers for the Mobile 360 Series – Europe conference taking place on Thursday, 3 December 2015 at The Egg, Brussels. The event will bring together EU policy makers and thought leaders to explore the widespread innovations across the mobile ecosystem and its consequences for digital policies. It will also provide a timely opportunity to discuss and debate the necessary changes to the policy framework to realise the full potential of the Digital Single Market.
The first speakers confirmed for the event are:
- David Maidment, Lead Mobile Strategist, ARM
- Tom Platt, Commercial Director, BCSG
- Alexander De Croo, Deputy Prime Minister of Belgium, Minister for Digital Agenda and Telecoms
- Christopher S. Yoo, John H. Chestnut Professor of Law, Communication, and Computer & Information Science & Director, Center for Technology, Innovation & Competition
- Philippe Defraigne, Director, Cullen International
- Michal Boni, Member of the European Parliament
- Pierre Louette, Deputy CEO, Orange
- Janice Hughes, Co-Founder and Director, Redshift
- Rol Carthy, CMO, Shine Technologies
- Marco Patuano, CEO, Telecom Italia
- Lars Torstensson, EVP Group Communication and Strategy, Tele2
- Aditya Kaul, Research Director, Tractica
- Kaan Terzioğlu, CEO, Turkcell
The conference programme will drive the debate on how mobile and digital technologies are fuelling unprecedented innovations across all sectors of the EU’s economy and how best to frame the planned Digital Single Market and Telecoms Framework Review to benefit consumers, businesses and governments. The conference will focus on the impact that 5G technologies will have in the coming years, with a particular focus on enterprise services, financial technology, media and entertainment and wearable devices.
“Europe has the opportunity to gain a leadership position in the rapidly developing mobile ecosystem, bringing with it unparalleled prospects for economic growth and social progress. Bringing together industry leaders at conference events like Mobile 360 – Europe helps to propel new ideas and allows for a discussion on existing challenges to be overcome for the benefit of both consumers and industries in the region,” said Afke Schaart, Vice President Europe, GSMA.
Showcase at Mobile 360 Series – Europe
The Showcase will run throughout the event and will offer attendees the opportunity to engage with the latest mobile technology innovations from our partners and GSMA programmes. The GSMA offer a closer look at initiatives in areas such as Personal Data, Inside the Network, Network 2020, Digital Commerce and Capacity Building.
- Personal Data – Meet Mobile Connect, the mobile operator-facilitated authentication solution that combines the user’s unique mobile number and PIN to verify and authenticate the user everywhere. Mobile Connect can support e-government digital identity authentication for citizens and employees, giving access to public services like healthcare and education, as well as cross-border services and voting. By offering secure access with in-built privacy protection, Mobile Connect can strengthen trust and uptake in e-Government services.
- Inside the Network - As part of the Showcase the GSMA will be inviting guests to enter a unique virtual reality world to experience the power of the mobile network. Oculus Rift headsets will allow visitors to enter the mobile network, viewing it from the inside and taking in the expanding world of connected devices and services.
- Network 2020 - It's projected by 2020 that 70 per cent of the population will be LTE ready. Discover how to capitalise on this opportunity with the benefits of all-IP communications. The Network 2020 team will be demonstrating enriched calling and the new All-IP Business Guide. Attendees can book a free individual demonstration at http://info.gsma.com/Network2020BrusselsDemo .
- Digital Commerce - Digital Commerce will be worth US $3 trillion by 2018(1) – see how the Digital Commerce team is working with mobile operators, regulators, banks, card schemes, retailers, transport operators and other service providers to drive the mass adoption of SIM-secured digital commerce services globally.
- Capacity Building - Visit the Showcase stand to learn more about the GSMA’s catalogue of face-to-face training courses for policymakers and regulators, and pick up your free copy of the latest Mobile Policy Handbook. Try a demo of Capacity Building’s online training courses, which are now available via an interactive training portal.
Get Involved at Mobile 360 - Europe
For more information, including how to attend, exhibit or speak at the event, visit http://www.mobile360series.com/europe. Follow the latest developments and updates on Mobile 360 - Europe on Twitter - @GSMA and #M360EU – and on Facebook: www.facebook.com/gsma.
Notes to Editors
1 Source: The Mobile Economy 2015
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 250 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai and the Mobile 360 Series conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Equifax Integrates Entersekt’s Digital Security System22.2.2018 12:35 | Pressemelding
Entersekt, a leader in push-based authentication and mobile app security, today announced a technology partnership with global information solutions company Equifax Inc. (NYSE:EFX). Equifax has licensed Entersekt’s product Transakt to serve as an additional layer of security protecting the Equifax online and mobile services. Transakt empowers consumers to play an active role in safeguarding their digital identities and accounts. Whenever access to a digital identity or account is required, an authentication request is pushed to their phone or tablet in real time. They approve or block access by simply tapping Accept or Reject. It’s a highly intuitive, one-touch user experience engineered for a mobile-first world. Transakt’s ease of use belies its advanced set of security features. Covered by 56 patents in the United States and elsewhere, the digital-certificate–based technology uniquely identifies each registered mobile device; ensures its continued integrity as a factor of authenticat
ImmerVision to Showcase AI-Ready Vision Technology at MWC 201822.2.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
ImmerVision, a technology company enabling intelligent vision in all the world’s devices, announced today that it is uniquely prepared to provide AI-ready, data-rich image processing to today’s most incisive device makers and manufacturers. Indeed, ImmerVision is already providing such hyper-intelligent image capture capabilities to some of the world’s top brands. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180222005513/en/ ImmerVision Enables AI-ready intelligent devices include Acer Holo360, Quanta Pi SOLO, and Tamaggo 360LiveCam (Graphic: Business Wire) Based in Montreal, Canada, ImmerVision develops wide-angle panomorph lenses and data-augmented imaging algorithms, enabling creative manufacturers to see more and smarter while creating professional and consumer devices. “In our quest to enable intelligent vision in every device, ImmerVision has taken a great leap forward,” says Alessandro Gasparini, Executive Vice Presi
Kite, a Gilead Company, and Sangamo Therapeutics Announce Collaboration to Develop Next-Generation Engineered Cell Therapies for the Treatment of Cancer22.2.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
Kite, a Gilead Company (Nasdaq:GILD) and Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq:SGMO) today announced the companies have entered into a worldwide collaboration using Sangamo’s zinc finger nuclease (ZFN) technology platform for the development of next-generation ex vivo cell therapies in oncology. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180222005488/en/ Kite will use Sangamo’s ZFN technology to modify genes to develop next-generation cell therapies for autologous and allogeneic use in treating different cancers. Allogeneic cell therapies from healthy donor cells or from renewable stem cells would provide a potential treatment option that can be accessed directly within the oncology infusion center, thus reducing the time to infusion for patients. Under the terms of the agreement, Sangamo will receive an upfront payment of $150 million and is eligible to receive up to $3.01 billion in potential payments, aggregated across 10
CorFlow Presents Fundamental New Insights into the Coronary Microcirculation at ACC22.2.2018 09:10 | Pressemelding
CorFlow Therapeutics AG (www.corflow-therapeutics.ch) today announced that the company will present fundamental new insights into the coronary microcirculation during the annual meeting of the American College of Cardiology (ACC) in Orlando, FL, March 10-12, 2018. CorFlow has since its foundation in June 2016 worked to document that the Controlled Flow Infusion (CoFITM) technology is able to measure the coronary microvascular status and provide therapy to the compromised coronary microcirculation at the same time. Microvascular obstruction (MVO) affects more than half of the acute heart attack patients and is an independent predictor for complications including heart failure which constitutes a high cost burden for the world-wide health care system. To address this large unmet medical need in interventional cardiology, CorFlow has developed an in-vivo model which reproducibly creates MVO in an occlusion-reperfusion model with very low complication rates. Using this in-vivo model, the C
DocsCorp White Paper Encourages Businesses to Review their 2018 Data Protection Strategy – Protection through Technology22.2.2018 09:02 | Pressemelding
Tough new data protection laws are coming – are you prepared? Reviewing your data protection strategy in 2018, a new white paper published today by DocsCorp, challenges readers to assess their readiness to comply with rigorous upcoming data protection standards affecting businesses in Europe, the Americas and Australia. DocsCorp contends that organizations around the world will be affected by new data laws. The UK’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) goes into force in May 2018. Australia’s new, sweeping National Data Breach (NDB) notification laws already require all businesses to report data breaches. In the United States, many individual states have passed their own data protection laws, and the US federal government has proposed the nationwide Data Security and Breach Notification Act, currently under congressional review. A main focus of GDPR is “Privacy by Design and Default,” which recommends preventative action before breaches occur rather than coping with damages and pe
GSMA Warns That Policymakers Must Act Now to Avoid Mobile Network “Gridlock” in Major Cities22.2.2018 09:00 | Pressemelding
The GSMA today published a new report that examines the ability of mobile networks to meet the exploding demand for mobile data in the world’s largest and densest cities. The GSMA/Boston Consulting Group report, “Delivering the Digital Revolution: Will Mobile Infrastructure Keep Up with Rising Demand?”, finds that networks in so-called “megacities” such as New York, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Tokyo will face a significant gap between mobile data traffic demand and available network capacity, with as much as 48 per cent of traffic demand going unserved in ultra-dense urban areas by 2025. The report highlights that regulatory reform will be critical in closing the projected supply-demand gap and unlocking the economic potential of next-generation mobile broadband. “The current global regulatory landscape has been successful in creating a competitive market that has made mobile connectivity accessible to more than five billion people around the world,” said John Giusti, Chief Regulatory Offic