GridGain® Experts Share Tips on Using In-Memory Computing to Make New or Existing Applications 1,000x Faster and Scalable to Petabytes
FOSTER CITY, Calif., May 08, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GridGain® Systems, provider of enterprise-grade in-memory computing solutions based on Apache® Ignite(TM), today highlighted its ongoing commitment to helping businesses of all sizes understand how in-memory computing can help them address the speed and scalability and real-time performance requirements of modern, data-intensive applications developed for digital transformation and omnichannel customer experience initiatives.
"In-memory computing is now a mainstream enterprise technology, but organizations still have many questions about which solutions will meet their requirements and how best to deploy them," said Terry Erisman, Vice President of Marketing at GridGain. "Our in-memory computing experts always enjoy the opportunity to share their practical knowledge about which distributed in-memory computing solutions and strategies are best suited to the range of data-intensive use cases that today's enterprises face."
Over the coming months, GridGain will host or participate in the following conferences, webinars and meetups:
- Machine and Deep Learning with Apache Ignite - May 16, 2018 - GridGain Technology Evangelist Akmal Chaudhri will discuss the built-in machine learning and deep learning capabilities in Apache Ignite Release 2.4.
- How Apache Ignite Adds Speed and Scale to Existing Applications with No Rip and Replace - May 30, 2018 - GridGain Director of Product Management and Apache Ignite PMC Chairman Denis Magda will discuss how companies are innovating and improving the customer experience by adding hybrid transactional/analytical processing (HTAP) without ripping and replacing their existing applications.
- IoT World 2018 - May 14-17, 2018 - On Wednesday, May 16, GridGain Director of Product Management and Apache Ignite PMC Chairman Denis Magda will present "Apache® Spark(TM) and Apache Ignite: Where Fast Data Meets the IoT."
- Phocuswright Europe 2018 - May 15-17, 2018 - GridGain will be exhibiting and will discuss how in-memory computing can power great, real-time user experiences for online booking platforms.
- Spark+AI Summit 2018 - June 4-6, 2018 - GridGain will be exhibiting and will discuss how to improve Apache Spark performance using Spark RDDs and DataFrames support in the GridGain and Apache Ignite in-memory computing platforms.
- Apache EU Roadshow - June 11-14, 2018 - GridGain Technology Evangelist Akmal Chaudhri will present "Apache Spark and Apache Ignite: Where Fast Data Meets the IoT."
- In-Memory Computing Summit Europe 2018 - June 25-26, 2018 - GridGain will host the second annual In-Memory Computing Summit ® Europe, the premier conference for individuals that are currently using or exploring using in-memory computing. Conference breakout sessions are in five tracks: Tales from the Trenches, New Capabilities, Architecture, Streaming Data, and Hardware. Speakers include representatives from companies such as Oracle, Intel, NEC Corporation of America, GridGain Systems, Hazelcast, iguazio, Neeve Research, ScaleOut Software, Software AG, Bouquet.ai, and VoltDB.
- London In-Memory Computing Meetup - May 9, 2018 - GridGain Technology Evangelist Akmal Chaudhri will present current best practices in HTAP in a talk titled "Comparing Apache Ignite and Apache® Cassandra® for Hybrid Transactional/Analytical Processing (HTAP)."
- Bay Area In-Memory Computing Meetup - May 17, 2018 - GridGain Lead Architect Valentin (Val) Kulichenko will explain how to leverage Spark RDDs and DataFrames support to share state across multiple Spark jobs using Apache Ignite.
- SQL NYC, The NoSQL & NewSQL Database Meetup - June 26, 2018 - GridGain Director of Product Management and Apache Ignite PMC Chairman Denis Magda will present "To Infinity and Beyond... That's the speed of your new in-memory SQL app!"
- NYC In-Memory Computing Meetup - June 27, 2018 - GridGain Director of Product Management and Apache Ignite PMC Chairman Denis Magda will present "How Apache Ignite Adds Speed and Scale to Existing Applications with No Rip and Replace."
- Docker New York City - June 28, 2018 - GridGain Director of Product Management and Apache Ignite PMC Chairman Denis Magda will present "How to Build an Event-Driven, Dynamically Re-Configurable Micro-Services Platform."
About GridGain® Systems
GridGain Systems is revolutionizing real-time data access and processing by offering an in-memory computing platform built on Apache® Ignite(TM). GridGain solutions are used by global enterprises in financial, software, e-commerce, retail, online business services, healthcare, telecom and other major sectors, with a client list that includes Barclays, ING, Sberbank, Finastra, IHS Markit, Workday, and Huawei. GridGain delivers unprecedented speed and massive scalability to both legacy and greenfield applications. Deployed on a distributed cluster of commodity servers, GridGain software can reside between the application and data layers (RDBMS, NoSQL and Apache® Hadoop®), requiring no rip-and-replace of the existing databases, or it can be deployed as an in-memory transactional SQL database. GridGain is the most comprehensive in-memory computing platform for high-volume ACID transactions, real-time analytics, web-scale applications, continuous learning and HTAP. For more information, visit gridgain.com.
GridGain is a trademark or registered trademark of GridGain Systems, Inc. Apache, Apache Hadoop, Hadoop, Apache Ignite, Ignite, Apache Spark, and Spark, are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: GridGain Systems via Globenewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Følg saker fra GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra GlobeNewswire
Tenaris to Acquire IPSCO Tubulars from TMK22.3.2019 13:58:00 CET | Pressemelding
LUXEMBOURG, March 22, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tenaris S.A. (NYSE, Buenos Aires and Mexico: TS and MTA Italy: TEN) announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire from PAO TMK, a Russian company and manufacturer of steel pipe, 100% of the shares of its wholly owned U.S. subsidiary IPSCO Tubulars, Inc., for US$1,209 million, on a cash-free, debt-free basis, which includes US$270 million of working capital. The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals, including approval by the U.S. antitrust authorities, and other customary conditions. IPSCO Tubulars is a U.S. domestic producer of seamless and welded OCTG and line pipe products, with an annual production capacity of 450,000 metric tons of steel bars, 400,000 metric tons of seamless pipe and 1,000,000 metric tons of welded pipe, and production facilities spread throughout the country. The acquisition would enhance Tenaris’s position and local manufacturing presence in the U.S. market, extending its produc
Oxford Immunotec Announces Chief Financial Officer Transition21.3.2019 21:01:00 CET | Pressemelding
OXFORD, United Kingdom and MARLBOROUGH, Mass., March 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Oxford Immunotec Global PLC (Nasdaq:OXFD) (the "Company"), a global, high-growth diagnostics company, today announced that Richard Altieri, the Company’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO), will retire on April 30, 2019. The Company has appointed Matthew McLaughlin, currently Chief Financial Officer, GE Healthcare – U.S. and Canada, as his successor. Mr. McLaughlin will join Oxford Immunotec as CFO on April 8, 2019. Today’s announcement concludes an extensive search process conducted by the Company. As part of the planned succession, Mr. Altieri, who has led Oxford Immunotec’s global finance organization as CFO since 2012, will remain an active member of the Company’s management team until his retirement date. “During his seven year tenure, Rick successfully managed multiple financing rounds, including the Company's IPO, the acquisition and financial integration of three companies and, most recently, the dives
Test Release - 3-21-2019 - 119240921.3.2019 20:29:00 CET | Pressemelding
Test Sub Headline - 1951992 Chicago, March 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Test Release™. Attachment sample
Blackhawks, Flyers, Sabres and Lightning Headline the 2019 NHL Global Series21.3.2019 15:34:00 CET | Pressemelding
Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers to Open Regular Season in Prague, Czech Republic on Oct. 4 Buffalo Sabres and Tampa Bay Lightning to Face Off in a Pair of Games in Stockholm, Sweden on Nov. 8 and Nov. 9 2019 NHL Global Series Challenge to feature Blackhawks vs. Eisbären Berlin on Sept. 29 in Berlin, Germany and Flyers vs. Lausanne HC on Sept. 30 in Lausanne, Switzerland Tickets to Games in Berlin, Prague and Stockholm Available for Purchase on Wednesday, March 27; Tickets to Game in Lausanne Available for Purchase on Wednesday, April 10 NEW YORK/TORONTO, March 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The National Hockey League (NHL) and the National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA), in conjunction with Live Nation Sweden, today announced that the Buffalo Sabres, Chicago Blackhawks, Philadelphia Flyers and Tampa Bay Lightning will participate in the 2019 NHL Global Series. The Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers will play their 2019-20 season-opening game against each ot
Farmako: World's Largest Import Contract for Pharmaceutical Cannabis21.3.2019 15:10:00 CET | Pressemelding
German Farmako secures 50 tonnes of flowers and oils from Polish company Pharmacann Polska FRANKFURT, March 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Farmako will import 50 tonnes of pharmaceutical cannabis from Pharmacann Polska into the European market over the next four years. This provides the basis for a reliable supply of pharmaceutical cannabis for millions of patients in the European healthcare system. The company expects a total revenue of several hundred million Euros from the agreed exclusive partnership. Founded in September 2018, Farmako now has grown to 40 employees and is distributing high-quality pharmaceutical cannabis to German pharmacies since March 2019. This is the biggest Cannabis contract to date, and the first big contract without participation of a Canadian LP. Farmako has signed an exclusive and binding agreement to import and distribute 50 tons of pharmaceutical cannabis over four years. Farmako and Pharmacann Polska enter strategic partnership to develop custom tailored
NexOptic Appoints Rich Geruson, Former Lexmark CEO, to Board of Directors21.3.2019 14:00:00 CET | Pressemelding
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NexOptic Technology Corp. ("NexOptic" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE: NXO) (OTCQX: NXOPF) (FRANKFURT: E3O1) is pleased to announce that Richard J. (Rich) Geruson has joined its Board of Directors, effective immediately. Mr. Geruson’s experience spans CEO roles at Lexmark International, Phoenix Technologies and VoiceSignal Technologies, and Senior Vice President and executive positions at Nokia, IBM, Toshiba, and McKinsey & Co. As CEO of Lexmark International, a multibillion-dollar imaging technology and solutions company with 10,000 employees, he grew printer sales faster than at any time in the preceding 10 years while simultaneously executing extensive process reengineering, transforming the business from negative EBITDA and high debt to positive multi-hundred-million-dollar EBITDA and a healthy debt profile. While CEO of Phoenix Technologies, he achieved consistently high profit year-over-year for six years straight in