GridGain® Experts Share Hands-On Advice About How In-Memory Computing Can Make New or Existing Applications 1,000x Faster and Scalable to Petabytes
FOSTER CITY, Calif., Jan. 25, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GridGain® Systems, provider of enterprise-grade in-memory computing solutions based on Apache® Ignite(TM), today highlighted its ongoing commitment to helping businesses of all sizes understand how in-memory computing can help them address the speed and scalability requirements of modern, data-intensive applications.
"The demand for information about in-memory computing continues to soar as more enterprises recognize their need for real-time performance as they create or scale out applications related to digital transformation, omnichannel marketing and regulatory compliance initiatives," said Terry Erisman, Vice President of Marketing at GridGain. "Our in-memory computing experts enjoy sharing their practical knowledge about how to apply distributed in-memory computing technology to a range of data-intensive use cases."
To start the year, GridGain Founder and CTO Nikita Ivanov spoke at Persistent Memory Summit 2018, where he served as a panelist on "Hype to Reality, a Panel Discussion with Leaders of Real World Persistent Memory Applications."
Over the coming months, GridGain will host or participate in the following conferences, webinars and meetups:
- GridGain Webinar: Ignite the Fire in Your SQL App, January 31, 2018 - GridGain Technology Evangelist Akmal Chaudhri will provide proven best practices for increasing performance of existing or new SQL-based applications up to 1,000x, scaling to millions of transactions per second and handling petabytes of data by adding Apache® Ignite(TM).
- GridGain Webinar: Redis Replaced: Why Companies Now Choose Apache® Ignite(TM) to Improve Application Speed and Scale, February 20, 2018 - GridGain Product Manager and Apache Ignite PMC Chairman Denis Magda will explain why HomeAway® and other companies are moving away from traditional caches like Redis and choosing Apache Ignite and the enterprise-ready version of Apache Ignite from GridGain to handle their in-memory computing needs.
- Workshop: In-Memory Computing Essentials for Data Scientists, February 15, 2018 - In this hands-on workshop by GridGain Technology Evangelist Akmal Chaudhri, attendees will be introduced to the fundamental capabilities of in-memory computing platforms that boost highly-loaded applications, research projects, risk analysis and fraud detection tasks by storing and processing massive amounts of data in memory and on disk across a cluster of machines.
- Amsterdam Java User Group, March 8, 2018 - GridGain Technology Evangelist Akmal Chaudhri will lead a workshop titled "In-Memory Computing Essentials for Java Developers."
- DeveloperWeek 2018 - February 3-7, 2018 - On Wednesday, February 7, GridGain Product Manager and Apache Ignite PMC Chairman Denis Magda will present "Apache Ignite Service Grid: Foundation of Your Microservices-Based Solution."
- In-Memory in Manhattan! January 25, 2018 - GridGain Technology Evangelist Akmal Chaudhri will present "Building Consistent and Highly Available Distributed Systems with Apache Ignite and GridGain."
- Los Angeles Kubernetes Meetup, January 31, 2018 - GridGain Solution Architect Dani Traphagen will present "Deploy like a Boss: Using Kubernetes and Apache Ignite!"
- Big Data Application Meetup, January 31, 2018 - GridGain Product Manager and Apache Ignite PMC Chairman Denis Magda will present "Apache Spark and Apache Ignite: Where Fast Data Meets the IoT."
- The New York City Java Meetup Group, January 31, 2018 - GridGain Senior Solutions Architect Fotios Filacouris will present "Java and In-Memory Computing: Apache Ignite."
- London In-Memory Computing Meetup, February 7, 2018 - GridGain Technology Evangelist Akmal Chaudhri will present "Building Consistent and Highly Available Distributed Systems with Apache Ignite and GridGain."
- The Boston MySQL Meetup Group, February 12, 2018 - GridGain Senior Solutions Architect Fotios Filacouris will present "Turbocharge your MySQL Queries In-Memory with Apache Ignite."
- The Boston Java Meetup Group, February 13, 2018 - GridGain Senior Solutions Architect Fotios Filacouris will present "Java and In-Memory Computing: Apache Ignite."
- Symbion IoT Meetup, February 14, 2018 - GridGain Technology Evangelist Akmal Chaudhri will present "Apache Ignite: The In-Memory Hammer in Your Data Science Toolkit."
- Sydney Cassandra Users, February 13, 2018 - Rachel Pedreschi, GridGain's Principal Solutions Architect, will present "Ignite your Cassandra Love Story: Caching Cassandra with Apache Ignite."
- San Francisco Kubernetes Meetup , February 15, 2010 - GridGain Product Manager and Apache Ignite PMC Chairman Denis Magda will present "Distributed Database DevOps Dilemmas? Kubernetes to the Rescue!"
- Berlin Kubernetes Meetup, February 21, 2018 - GridGain Technology Evangelist Akmal Chaudhri will present "Distributed Database DevOps Dilemmas? Kubernetes to the Rescue!"
- Big Data, Berlin, February 22, 2018 - GridGain Technology Evangelist Akmal Chaudhri will present "Apache Ignite: The In-Memory Hammer in Your Data Science Toolkit."
- Amsterdam Java User Group, March 7, 2018 - GridGain Technology Evangelist Akmal Chaudhri will present "Catch An Intro to the Java-Powered Apache Ignite - Memory-Centric Distributed Platform."
About GridGain® Systems
GridGain Systems is revolutionizing real-time data access and processing by offering enterprise-grade in-memory computing solutions built on Apache® Ignite(TM). GridGain solutions are used by global enterprises in financial, software, ecommerce, retail, online business services, healthcare, telecom and other major sectors. GridGain solutions connect data stores (SQL, NoSQL, and Apache® Hadoop®) with cloud-scale applications and enable massive data throughput and ultra-low latencies across a scalable, distributed cluster of commodity servers. GridGain is the most comprehensive, enterprise-grade in-memory computing platform for high volume ACID transactions, real-time analytics, and hybrid transactional/analytical processing. For more information, visit gridgain.com.
GridGain is a trademark or registered trademark of GridGain Systems, Inc. Apache, Apache Cassandra, Cassandra, Apache Hadoop, Hadoop, Apache Ignite, and Ignite are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: GridGain Systems via Globenewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Følg saker fra GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra GlobeNewswire
Bio-Fence announces a breakthrough in Food Safety18.1.2019 08:11 | Pressemelding
The company have successfully completed a field trial of its new anti-microbial coating technology. The trials demonstrated a significant reduction in bacterial contamination during sensitive food production processes ASHDOD, Israel, Jan. 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bio-Fence innovating coating technology announced today the successful completion of an intensive field trial on its innovative anti-microbial technology Pentagon. The trial was held in "Milouoff" (http://www.milouoff.co.il), one of the largest Ready to Eat poultry production sites in Israel and demonstrated superior results for Bio-Fence technology compared to alternatives. According to Mrs. Shiran Davidi, QA manager at Milouoff: “Bio-Fence technology seems to have clear benefits over existing antimicrobial solution. It is safe, highly potent and rechargeable.” The trial involved monitoring the performance of an epoxy floor coated with Bio-Fence anti-microbial technology compared to either commercial Silver Ion coating an
ERYTECH Presents TRYbeCA-1 Trial-in-Progress Poster at the 2019 ASCO GI Annual Meeting18.1.2019 07:00 | Pressemelding
LYON, France and CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Jan. 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ERYTECH Pharma (Euronext Paris: ERYP - Nasdaq: ERYP), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing innovative therapies by encapsulating drug substances inside red blood cells, announced that a poster entitled “TRYbeCA-1: A randomized, phase 3 study of eryaspase in combination with chemotherapy versus chemotherapy alone as second-line treatment in patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma (NCT03665441)” will be presented today at the 2019 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting in San Francisco. The poster (Abstract # TPS471) will be available at www.erytech.com after presentation at the conference. In September 2018, the TRYbeCA-1 trial was initiated. The Trial-in-Progress poster will provide an update on the study progress with investigators sites that have been initiated in multiple countries and actively recruiting patients. The trial is planned to enroll approximately 500 patients with
Fossil Group Enters Agreement To Sell Select Smartwatch Technology To Google17.1.2019 18:30 | Pressemelding
Transaction Unlocks Growth Opportunities for Fossil Group’s Wearables Business RICHARDSON, Texas, Jan. 17, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today, Fossil Group (NASDAQ:FOSL) announced its plan to sell to Google for $40 million intellectual property (IP) related to a smartwatch technology currently under development by Fossil Group. As part of the transaction, a portion of Fossil Group’s research and development (R&D) team currently supporting the transferring IP will join Google. Fossil Group retains more than 200 R&D team members to focus on innovation and product development. The transaction showcases Fossil Group and Google’s shared investment in the wearables industry. In recent years, smartwatches have become Fossil Group’s fastest growing category. The company successfully developed and launched smartwatches across 14 of its owned and licensed brands. “Fossil Group has experienced significant success in its wearables business by focusing on product design and development informed by our
Calgon Carbon Corporation Announces Global Price Increase17.1.2019 17:16 | Pressemelding
Pittsburgh, PA, Jan. 17, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Calgon Carbon Corporation today announced a global price increase, effective February 1, 2019, where contracts permit, on all activated carbon products and related equipment due to a continued escalation in raw material costs and transportation expenses. The increase is expected to range between 10-15%, depending on the specific product, raw material type, services provided, and global market dynamics. The primary raw materials used for producing activated carbon are coal, coconut shell, and wood, each of which has gone up in price. Additionally, costs associated with both operating manufacturing facilities and transporting materials have also escalated. “Calgon Carbon’s raw material costs have increased significantly. Despite every effort to offset these increases through continuous improvements, the recent rise in raw material costs has exceeded our efforts,” said Jim Coccagno, Chief Commercial Officer for Calgon Carbon Corporation. “
Taconic Biosciences’ Animals Complete Most Recent Mission to the International Space Station17.1.2019 15:29 | Pressemelding
RENSSELAER, N.Y., Jan. 17, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Taconic Biosciences, a global leader in providing genetically engineered rodent model solutions, announces the completion of a recent mission to the International Space Station. This project represents a collaboration between the International Space Station (ISS) National Lab, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Bioserve Space Technologies with support from the Leidos Corporation, and Taconic. Taconic has participated in several spaceflight missions with NASA since 1985. Most recently, as part of the science and research investigation payloads supported by the SpaceX Commercial Resupply Services missions, Taconic prepared mice to live aboard the International Space Station for extended periods. Previous spaceflight studies demonstrated that mice undergo rapid loss of muscle and bone mass, resembling accelerated aging. Therefore, mice exposed to microgravity via spaceflight are a valuable model to understand and devel
MPP Global Bridges the Innovation Gap by Centralising Physical and Digital Subscriber Management and Billing in a Single Cloud Platform17.1.2019 12:29 | Pressemelding
WARRINGTON, UK, Jan. 17, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MPP Global, the technology company that delivers eSuite, the world’s smartest subscriber management & billing platform, announces the launch of pivotal new functionality which enables media organisations to seamlessly create and manage the sale of physical subscriptions. This positions eSuite as the complete physical and digital subscription management solution. The development of this industry-first functionality was borne out of the common challenge for publishers when managing multiple systems for deploying bundled print and digital subscriptions. This is inflexible for publishers and limits choice for their customers, restricting the ability to seamlessly create and offer digital and print subscription bundles. Despite increased consumer uptake of digital subscriptions, print still accounts for almost 90% of circulation revenues globally. To drive reader revenues successfully, publishers require functionality to execute complementar