GridGain® Continues Strong Momentum in 2017 as Demand for Its In-Memory Computing Platform Drives 84 Percent Sales Growth
GridGain Continues to Dominate Industry, Offering Product Innovations, Hosting Vital Industry Conferences and Earning Major Industry Awards
FOSTER CITY, Calif., Jan. 24, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GridGain® Systems, provider of enterprise-grade in-memory computing solutions based on Apache® Ignite(TM), today announced continuing strong momentum throughout 2017. Key achievements during the year included 84 percent year-over-year growth in sales, major product innovations, continued growth of the popular In-Memory Computing Summit®, and numerous industry accolades.
- 2017 sales surged 84 percent compared to 2016, driven by a mix of new and repeat orders from leading companies in industries including financial services, fintech, online travel services, telecommunications, web-scale online business services, and healthcare.
- Headcount increased 73 percent during 2017, as GridGain expanded its presence in Western Europe, North America and the CIS region, with major staff additions in sales, professional services, development and customer support.
- GridGain was named to the 36th annual Inc. 500 list, a highly regarded ranking of fastest-growing private companies in the USA. GridGain ranked no. 187 overall, no. 13 on the Top Software Companies list, no. 8 in the San Francisco metro area, and no. 40 in the state of California.
- GridGain ranked no. 2 on the Silicon Valley Business Journal list of Fastest Growing Private Companies.
- GridGain ranked no. 5 on the 26thannual San Francisco Business Times Fast 100 list.
- GridGain was named to the 2017 Red Herring Top 100 Global Winners list.
- GridGain was named to the Trend-Setting Products in Data and Information Management for 2018 list by Database Trends & Applications (DBTA). DBTA also included GridGain in its annual DBTA 100 list of the Companies That Matter Most in Data.
- GridGain received Bronze Stevie Awards for GridGain Professional Edition in two categories - "Company of the Year - Computer Software - Small" and "New Product or Service of the Year - Software - Other."
- The 12th Annual IT World Awards named GridGain the Gold Award winner in the "Internet of Things" (IoT) category and the Silver Award winner in the "IT Products and Services for Finance, Banking and Insurance" category.
Products and Services
- GridGain 8.1 expanded the bounds of in-memory computing with a next-generation memory-centric architecture that leverages ongoing advancements in memory and storage technologies. GridGain 8.1 extends the unique SQL capabilities of the GridGain platform with expanded SQL Data Definition Language (DDL) capabilities added to its existing DML support. The release provides optimal performance on hybrid memory/disk infrastructures using a new Persistent Store feature. For organizations using Persistent Store in production, the new GridGain Ultimate Edition includes backup features which are highly recommended when deploying in mission-critical environments.
- GridGain Professional Edition 2.0, a fully supported version of Apache Ignite 2.0, was introduced. The release includes new functionality, which significantly improves performance and simplifies the integration requirements for use cases where distributed, in-memory computing can dramatically improve the speed and scalability of data-intensive applications. New functionality includes a durable memory architecture that extends support beyond RAM to now include solid-state drives (SSDs) and flash memory, and helps eliminate noticeable Java garbage collection (GC) pauses. The release also added support for the Spring Data API, enhanced .NET and C++ functionality, and more.
- Earlier in the year, GridGain Professional Edition 1.9 was released, improving performance and adding automated benchmarking, Kubernetes® support for deploying containerized Apache Ignite clusters, expanded support for data manipulation language (DML), and more.
- The GridGain In-Memory Computing platform obtained certifications from Hortonworks and Tableau and joined their respective technology partnership programs. These partnerships make it easier for enterprises to launch high performance Big Data systems built on Hortonworks that leverage in-memory computing. Enterprises will also now be able to visualize in-memory data held in GridGain using Tableau.
In-Memory Computing Thought Leadership
- In 2017, GridGain expanded its highly anticipated In-Memory Computing Summit®, now offering two events each year, one in Europe and one in North America.
- The first annual In-Memory Computing Summit Europe took place June 20-21, 2017 at the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre. More than 200 attendees from 24 countries heard keynotes and breakout sessions on a broad range of in-memory computing topics. Presenters included representatives from ING, Barclays, Finastra, NetApp, Fujitsu, JacTravel and more.
- The third annual In-Memory Computing Summit North America took place October 24-25, 2017, at the South San Francisco Conference Center. With nearly 400 registrants, the conference included keynotes and breakouts sessions by representatives from Sberbank, Workday, Wellington Management, the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) and more.
- GridGain will host the second annual In-Memory Computing Summit Europe June 25-26, 2018 at the Park Plaza Victoria London. The Call for Papers for the conference will end on March 11, 2018.
- GridGain demonstrated its ongoing commitment to helping businesses understand how in-memory computing can help them address the speed and scale requirements of modern, data-intensive applications. The company hosted a variety of webinars and workshops, participated in several industry conferences, and organized or attended dozens of local meetups.
"2017 was the year when in-memory computing achieved mainstream adoption for accelerating and scaling out data-intensive applications driven by digital transformation, omnichannel customer experience, and real-time financial regulations," said Abe Kleinfeld, president and CEO of GridGain. "2018 will be another exciting year as companies continue their pursuit of digitalization and deeper real-time insights, further accelerating demand for in-memory computing solutions. GridGain will continue to build on its industry and thought leadership, delivering new innovations, solutions and the learning opportunities enterprises need to leverage next-generation memory-centric architectures for their most challenging, data-intensive applications."
About GridGain® Systems
GridGain Systems is revolutionizing real-time data access and processing by offering enterprise-grade in-memory computing solutions built on Apache® Ignite(TM). GridGain solutions are used by global enterprises in financial, software, ecommerce, retail, online business services, healthcare, telecom and other major sectors. GridGain solutions connect data stores (SQL, NoSQL, and Apache® Hadoop®) with cloud-scale applications and enable massive data throughput and ultra-low latencies across a scalable, distributed cluster of commodity servers. GridGain is the most comprehensive, enterprise-grade in-memory computing platform for high volume ACID transactions, real-time analytics, and hybrid transactional/analytical processing. For more information, visit gridgain.com.
GridGain is a trademark or registered trademark of GridGain Systems, Inc. Apache, Apache Cassandra, Cassandra, Apache Hadoop, Hadoop, Apache Ignite, and Ignite are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: GridGain Systems via Globenewswire
Om Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
+1 212 401 8700http://www.nasdaqomx.com
NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Ondot’s Mobile Card Controls Provide Protection to Thousands of Banks from ATM Heist Threat17.8.2018 22:47 | Pressemelding
-Card controls counter threat of FBI’s warning on unlimited ATM cash out crime - Santa Clara, Calif., Aug. 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- US mainstream media is reporting on a FBI warning to banks of an impending cybercrime wave targeting ATMs in which thieves seek to steal millions of dollars by using cloned cards for fraudulent withdrawals. Ondot, the global leader in mobile payments services, provides consumers a simple protection with mobile-based card controls that can restrict ATM transactions without completely shutting off the card for legitimate needs. Ondot’s mobile controls can give consumers the ability to restrict transactions specifically for ATMs while leaving their cards active for in-person purchases, eCommerce, and other purchases. By locking the account’s use at an ATM, consumers can work with their financial institution to ensure other security best practices are in place while knowing that even a spoofed card will be unable to withdraw cash. If emergency cash is need
SEMAFO: Armed Incident in Bobo Area17.8.2018 15:48 | Pressemelding
MONTREAL, Aug. 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SEMAFO Inc. (TSX:SMF) (OMX:SMF) regrets to report that a bus transporting employees from the town of Bobo-Dioulasso to the Mana Mine in Burkina Faso was shot at by armed bandits this morning. In the exchange of fire between the policemen and bandits, one SEMAFO national employee and one sub-contractor employee lost their lives. Operations at the Mana Mine, located 80 kilometers from the incident, are not affected. Early analysis suggests that this incident and the armed incident that occurred in the Est region six days ago are unrelated. However, the Corporation will be increasing its security measures at Mana and take appropriate steps to ensure the safety of the mine and of its employees. The Corporation would like to express its sincere sympathy to families of the victims. About SEMAFO SEMAFO is a Canadian-based mining company with gold production and exploration activities in West Africa. The Corporation operates the Mana Mine in Burkina
ThalesNano Energy Introduces H-Genie™: Revolutionary Compact, High Pressure Hydrogen Gas Generation Platform for Chemists17.8.2018 11:00 | Pressemelding
Improves safety, expands chemistry, saves lives. BUDAPEST, Hungary and BOSTON, Aug. 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ThalesNano Energy LLC today announced, at the 256th ACS conference (booth: 1615), the launch of the first in the series of revolutionary new gas generators, the H-Genie™. The H-Genie™ is a compact high pressure hydrogen generator designed to be used in any laboratory as a safer and simpler alternative to hydrogen cylinders. Capable of generating hydrogen at up to 1 NL/min and 100 bar (1450 psi), the system can help expand chemists’ limited hydrogenation chemistry capability by providing high purity hydrogen gas, on demand from water, to batch and flow reactors. Neal Langerman, Principal Scientist at Advanced Chemical Safety, comments: “The presence of cylinders of hydrogen raises the risk level of a lab. While the explosion or fire hazard can be mitigated with a gas cylinder cabinet, this takes precious floor space and does not eliminate the 1300 liters of flammable gas from
PayByPhone Supports Additional Languages16.8.2018 19:47 | Pressemelding
Drivers can now use the app in Spanish and Chinese VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Aug. 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Drivers who pay for their parking with the PayByPhone app can now use the app in Spanish, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese. Later this year, the leading mobile parking payment service will also be available in Punjabi. The support of multiple languages increases PayByPhone’s usability for its diverse consumer base, who are located across North America, Europe, and Australia. To gain access to the newly supported languages within PayByPhone, drivers can simply download the latest version of the app and set their iOS or Android device to their preferred language. “We’re excited to have expanded our language offerings beyond English and French,” said Barrie Arnold, Chief Commercial Officer, PayByPhone North America. “PayByPhone is available in many multicultural cities worldwide, and this update improves the app’s accessibility. PayByPhone has gained a global presen
Global Dairy Platform Announces Dairy Farmers of America CEO Rick Smith as New Board Chair16.8.2018 17:52 | Pressemelding
ROSEMONT, Ill., Aug. 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Dairy Platform (GDP), a pre-competitive collaboration of dairy sector organizations focused on encouraging the appropriate intake of nutrient-rich dairy foods and demonstrating the sector’s role in sustainable agriculture, today announced the appointment of Rick Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer of Dairy Farmers of America as Chair of the Board of Directors. “It is truly an honor to serve as Chair of GDP’s Board of Directors,” noted Mr. Smith. “We are facing global food and health challenges that need short and long-term solutions. The work of GDP creates an avenue for collaborative action that demonstrates dairy’s valuable contribution to global food systems, healthy diets and sustainable livelihoods.” Mr. Smith will serve on the board along with Fonterra Co-operative Group Chief Executive Officer Mr. Miles Hurrell; China Mengniu Dairy Company Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer Mr. Minfang (Jeffery) Lu; Ro
GridGain Systems Named to Inc. 500 List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies for Second Consecutive Year16.8.2018 09:00 | Pressemelding
GridGain Ranks 17th among Software Companies, 13th in San Francisco Metro Area FOSTER CITY, Calif., Aug. 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GridGain Systems, provider of enterprise-grade in-memory computing solutions based on Apache® Ignite™, today announced it has been named to the 37th annual Inc. 500 list, a highly regarded ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. This is the second year in a row GridGain has been named to the list. GridGain’s rank of 158 on this year’s Inc. 500 list is up from number 187 last year. The company is ranked 17th among software companies, 13th in the San Francisco metro area, and 37th in the state of California. The Inc. 500 represents a unique look at the most successful companies within the American economy’s most dynamic segment – its independent small and midsized businesses. GridGain provides an in-memory computing platform that delivers speed, scale and high availability to data-intensive applications. Built on a memory-centric archite
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom