GridGain® Continues Strong Momentum in 2017 as Demand for Its In-Memory Computing Platform Drives 84 Percent Sales Growth
GridGain Continues to Dominate Industry, Offering Product Innovations, Hosting Vital Industry Conferences and Earning Major Industry Awards
FOSTER CITY, Calif., Jan. 24, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GridGain® Systems, provider of enterprise-grade in-memory computing solutions based on Apache® Ignite(TM), today announced continuing strong momentum throughout 2017. Key achievements during the year included 84 percent year-over-year growth in sales, major product innovations, continued growth of the popular In-Memory Computing Summit®, and numerous industry accolades.
- 2017 sales surged 84 percent compared to 2016, driven by a mix of new and repeat orders from leading companies in industries including financial services, fintech, online travel services, telecommunications, web-scale online business services, and healthcare.
- Headcount increased 73 percent during 2017, as GridGain expanded its presence in Western Europe, North America and the CIS region, with major staff additions in sales, professional services, development and customer support.
- GridGain was named to the 36th annual Inc. 500 list, a highly regarded ranking of fastest-growing private companies in the USA. GridGain ranked no. 187 overall, no. 13 on the Top Software Companies list, no. 8 in the San Francisco metro area, and no. 40 in the state of California.
- GridGain ranked no. 2 on the Silicon Valley Business Journal list of Fastest Growing Private Companies.
- GridGain ranked no. 5 on the 26thannual San Francisco Business Times Fast 100 list.
- GridGain was named to the 2017 Red Herring Top 100 Global Winners list.
- GridGain was named to the Trend-Setting Products in Data and Information Management for 2018 list by Database Trends & Applications (DBTA). DBTA also included GridGain in its annual DBTA 100 list of the Companies That Matter Most in Data.
- GridGain received Bronze Stevie Awards for GridGain Professional Edition in two categories - "Company of the Year - Computer Software - Small" and "New Product or Service of the Year - Software - Other."
- The 12th Annual IT World Awards named GridGain the Gold Award winner in the "Internet of Things" (IoT) category and the Silver Award winner in the "IT Products and Services for Finance, Banking and Insurance" category.
Products and Services
- GridGain 8.1 expanded the bounds of in-memory computing with a next-generation memory-centric architecture that leverages ongoing advancements in memory and storage technologies. GridGain 8.1 extends the unique SQL capabilities of the GridGain platform with expanded SQL Data Definition Language (DDL) capabilities added to its existing DML support. The release provides optimal performance on hybrid memory/disk infrastructures using a new Persistent Store feature. For organizations using Persistent Store in production, the new GridGain Ultimate Edition includes backup features which are highly recommended when deploying in mission-critical environments.
- GridGain Professional Edition 2.0, a fully supported version of Apache Ignite 2.0, was introduced. The release includes new functionality, which significantly improves performance and simplifies the integration requirements for use cases where distributed, in-memory computing can dramatically improve the speed and scalability of data-intensive applications. New functionality includes a durable memory architecture that extends support beyond RAM to now include solid-state drives (SSDs) and flash memory, and helps eliminate noticeable Java garbage collection (GC) pauses. The release also added support for the Spring Data API, enhanced .NET and C++ functionality, and more.
- Earlier in the year, GridGain Professional Edition 1.9 was released, improving performance and adding automated benchmarking, Kubernetes® support for deploying containerized Apache Ignite clusters, expanded support for data manipulation language (DML), and more.
- The GridGain In-Memory Computing platform obtained certifications from Hortonworks and Tableau and joined their respective technology partnership programs. These partnerships make it easier for enterprises to launch high performance Big Data systems built on Hortonworks that leverage in-memory computing. Enterprises will also now be able to visualize in-memory data held in GridGain using Tableau.
In-Memory Computing Thought Leadership
- In 2017, GridGain expanded its highly anticipated In-Memory Computing Summit®, now offering two events each year, one in Europe and one in North America.
- The first annual In-Memory Computing Summit Europe took place June 20-21, 2017 at the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre. More than 200 attendees from 24 countries heard keynotes and breakout sessions on a broad range of in-memory computing topics. Presenters included representatives from ING, Barclays, Finastra, NetApp, Fujitsu, JacTravel and more.
- The third annual In-Memory Computing Summit North America took place October 24-25, 2017, at the South San Francisco Conference Center. With nearly 400 registrants, the conference included keynotes and breakouts sessions by representatives from Sberbank, Workday, Wellington Management, the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) and more.
- GridGain will host the second annual In-Memory Computing Summit Europe June 25-26, 2018 at the Park Plaza Victoria London. The Call for Papers for the conference will end on March 11, 2018.
- GridGain demonstrated its ongoing commitment to helping businesses understand how in-memory computing can help them address the speed and scale requirements of modern, data-intensive applications. The company hosted a variety of webinars and workshops, participated in several industry conferences, and organized or attended dozens of local meetups.
"2017 was the year when in-memory computing achieved mainstream adoption for accelerating and scaling out data-intensive applications driven by digital transformation, omnichannel customer experience, and real-time financial regulations," said Abe Kleinfeld, president and CEO of GridGain. "2018 will be another exciting year as companies continue their pursuit of digitalization and deeper real-time insights, further accelerating demand for in-memory computing solutions. GridGain will continue to build on its industry and thought leadership, delivering new innovations, solutions and the learning opportunities enterprises need to leverage next-generation memory-centric architectures for their most challenging, data-intensive applications."
About GridGain® Systems
GridGain Systems is revolutionizing real-time data access and processing by offering enterprise-grade in-memory computing solutions built on Apache® Ignite(TM). GridGain solutions are used by global enterprises in financial, software, ecommerce, retail, online business services, healthcare, telecom and other major sectors. GridGain solutions connect data stores (SQL, NoSQL, and Apache® Hadoop®) with cloud-scale applications and enable massive data throughput and ultra-low latencies across a scalable, distributed cluster of commodity servers. GridGain is the most comprehensive, enterprise-grade in-memory computing platform for high volume ACID transactions, real-time analytics, and hybrid transactional/analytical processing. For more information, visit gridgain.com.
GridGain is a trademark or registered trademark of GridGain Systems, Inc. Apache, Apache Cassandra, Cassandra, Apache Hadoop, Hadoop, Apache Ignite, and Ignite are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: GridGain Systems via Globenewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Følg saker fra GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra GlobeNewswire
Bio-Fence announces a breakthrough in Food Safety18.1.2019 08:11 | Pressemelding
The company have successfully completed a field trial of its new anti-microbial coating technology. The trials demonstrated a significant reduction in bacterial contamination during sensitive food production processes ASHDOD, Israel, Jan. 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bio-Fence innovating coating technology announced today the successful completion of an intensive field trial on its innovative anti-microbial technology Pentagon. The trial was held in "Milouoff" (http://www.milouoff.co.il), one of the largest Ready to Eat poultry production sites in Israel and demonstrated superior results for Bio-Fence technology compared to alternatives. According to Mrs. Shiran Davidi, QA manager at Milouoff: “Bio-Fence technology seems to have clear benefits over existing antimicrobial solution. It is safe, highly potent and rechargeable.” The trial involved monitoring the performance of an epoxy floor coated with Bio-Fence anti-microbial technology compared to either commercial Silver Ion coating an
ERYTECH Presents TRYbeCA-1 Trial-in-Progress Poster at the 2019 ASCO GI Annual Meeting18.1.2019 07:00 | Pressemelding
LYON, France and CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Jan. 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ERYTECH Pharma (Euronext Paris: ERYP - Nasdaq: ERYP), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing innovative therapies by encapsulating drug substances inside red blood cells, announced that a poster entitled “TRYbeCA-1: A randomized, phase 3 study of eryaspase in combination with chemotherapy versus chemotherapy alone as second-line treatment in patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma (NCT03665441)” will be presented today at the 2019 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting in San Francisco. The poster (Abstract # TPS471) will be available at www.erytech.com after presentation at the conference. In September 2018, the TRYbeCA-1 trial was initiated. The Trial-in-Progress poster will provide an update on the study progress with investigators sites that have been initiated in multiple countries and actively recruiting patients. The trial is planned to enroll approximately 500 patients with
Fossil Group Enters Agreement To Sell Select Smartwatch Technology To Google17.1.2019 18:30 | Pressemelding
Transaction Unlocks Growth Opportunities for Fossil Group’s Wearables Business RICHARDSON, Texas, Jan. 17, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today, Fossil Group (NASDAQ:FOSL) announced its plan to sell to Google for $40 million intellectual property (IP) related to a smartwatch technology currently under development by Fossil Group. As part of the transaction, a portion of Fossil Group’s research and development (R&D) team currently supporting the transferring IP will join Google. Fossil Group retains more than 200 R&D team members to focus on innovation and product development. The transaction showcases Fossil Group and Google’s shared investment in the wearables industry. In recent years, smartwatches have become Fossil Group’s fastest growing category. The company successfully developed and launched smartwatches across 14 of its owned and licensed brands. “Fossil Group has experienced significant success in its wearables business by focusing on product design and development informed by our
Calgon Carbon Corporation Announces Global Price Increase17.1.2019 17:16 | Pressemelding
Pittsburgh, PA, Jan. 17, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Calgon Carbon Corporation today announced a global price increase, effective February 1, 2019, where contracts permit, on all activated carbon products and related equipment due to a continued escalation in raw material costs and transportation expenses. The increase is expected to range between 10-15%, depending on the specific product, raw material type, services provided, and global market dynamics. The primary raw materials used for producing activated carbon are coal, coconut shell, and wood, each of which has gone up in price. Additionally, costs associated with both operating manufacturing facilities and transporting materials have also escalated. “Calgon Carbon’s raw material costs have increased significantly. Despite every effort to offset these increases through continuous improvements, the recent rise in raw material costs has exceeded our efforts,” said Jim Coccagno, Chief Commercial Officer for Calgon Carbon Corporation. “
Taconic Biosciences’ Animals Complete Most Recent Mission to the International Space Station17.1.2019 15:29 | Pressemelding
RENSSELAER, N.Y., Jan. 17, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Taconic Biosciences, a global leader in providing genetically engineered rodent model solutions, announces the completion of a recent mission to the International Space Station. This project represents a collaboration between the International Space Station (ISS) National Lab, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Bioserve Space Technologies with support from the Leidos Corporation, and Taconic. Taconic has participated in several spaceflight missions with NASA since 1985. Most recently, as part of the science and research investigation payloads supported by the SpaceX Commercial Resupply Services missions, Taconic prepared mice to live aboard the International Space Station for extended periods. Previous spaceflight studies demonstrated that mice undergo rapid loss of muscle and bone mass, resembling accelerated aging. Therefore, mice exposed to microgravity via spaceflight are a valuable model to understand and devel
MPP Global Bridges the Innovation Gap by Centralising Physical and Digital Subscriber Management and Billing in a Single Cloud Platform17.1.2019 12:29 | Pressemelding
WARRINGTON, UK, Jan. 17, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MPP Global, the technology company that delivers eSuite, the world’s smartest subscriber management & billing platform, announces the launch of pivotal new functionality which enables media organisations to seamlessly create and manage the sale of physical subscriptions. This positions eSuite as the complete physical and digital subscription management solution. The development of this industry-first functionality was borne out of the common challenge for publishers when managing multiple systems for deploying bundled print and digital subscriptions. This is inflexible for publishers and limits choice for their customers, restricting the ability to seamlessly create and offer digital and print subscription bundles. Despite increased consumer uptake of digital subscriptions, print still accounts for almost 90% of circulation revenues globally. To drive reader revenues successfully, publishers require functionality to execute complementar