GridGain® Continues Strong Momentum in 2017 as Demand for Its In-Memory Computing Platform Drives 84 Percent Sales Growth
GridGain Continues to Dominate Industry, Offering Product Innovations, Hosting Vital Industry Conferences and Earning Major Industry Awards
FOSTER CITY, Calif., Jan. 24, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GridGain® Systems, provider of enterprise-grade in-memory computing solutions based on Apache® Ignite(TM), today announced continuing strong momentum throughout 2017. Key achievements during the year included 84 percent year-over-year growth in sales, major product innovations, continued growth of the popular In-Memory Computing Summit®, and numerous industry accolades.
- 2017 sales surged 84 percent compared to 2016, driven by a mix of new and repeat orders from leading companies in industries including financial services, fintech, online travel services, telecommunications, web-scale online business services, and healthcare.
- Headcount increased 73 percent during 2017, as GridGain expanded its presence in Western Europe, North America and the CIS region, with major staff additions in sales, professional services, development and customer support.
- GridGain was named to the 36th annual Inc. 500 list, a highly regarded ranking of fastest-growing private companies in the USA. GridGain ranked no. 187 overall, no. 13 on the Top Software Companies list, no. 8 in the San Francisco metro area, and no. 40 in the state of California.
- GridGain ranked no. 2 on the Silicon Valley Business Journal list of Fastest Growing Private Companies.
- GridGain ranked no. 5 on the 26thannual San Francisco Business Times Fast 100 list.
- GridGain was named to the 2017 Red Herring Top 100 Global Winners list.
- GridGain was named to the Trend-Setting Products in Data and Information Management for 2018 list by Database Trends & Applications (DBTA). DBTA also included GridGain in its annual DBTA 100 list of the Companies That Matter Most in Data.
- GridGain received Bronze Stevie Awards for GridGain Professional Edition in two categories - "Company of the Year - Computer Software - Small" and "New Product or Service of the Year - Software - Other."
- The 12th Annual IT World Awards named GridGain the Gold Award winner in the "Internet of Things" (IoT) category and the Silver Award winner in the "IT Products and Services for Finance, Banking and Insurance" category.
Products and Services
- GridGain 8.1 expanded the bounds of in-memory computing with a next-generation memory-centric architecture that leverages ongoing advancements in memory and storage technologies. GridGain 8.1 extends the unique SQL capabilities of the GridGain platform with expanded SQL Data Definition Language (DDL) capabilities added to its existing DML support. The release provides optimal performance on hybrid memory/disk infrastructures using a new Persistent Store feature. For organizations using Persistent Store in production, the new GridGain Ultimate Edition includes backup features which are highly recommended when deploying in mission-critical environments.
- GridGain Professional Edition 2.0, a fully supported version of Apache Ignite 2.0, was introduced. The release includes new functionality, which significantly improves performance and simplifies the integration requirements for use cases where distributed, in-memory computing can dramatically improve the speed and scalability of data-intensive applications. New functionality includes a durable memory architecture that extends support beyond RAM to now include solid-state drives (SSDs) and flash memory, and helps eliminate noticeable Java garbage collection (GC) pauses. The release also added support for the Spring Data API, enhanced .NET and C++ functionality, and more.
- Earlier in the year, GridGain Professional Edition 1.9 was released, improving performance and adding automated benchmarking, Kubernetes® support for deploying containerized Apache Ignite clusters, expanded support for data manipulation language (DML), and more.
- The GridGain In-Memory Computing platform obtained certifications from Hortonworks and Tableau and joined their respective technology partnership programs. These partnerships make it easier for enterprises to launch high performance Big Data systems built on Hortonworks that leverage in-memory computing. Enterprises will also now be able to visualize in-memory data held in GridGain using Tableau.
In-Memory Computing Thought Leadership
- In 2017, GridGain expanded its highly anticipated In-Memory Computing Summit®, now offering two events each year, one in Europe and one in North America.
- The first annual In-Memory Computing Summit Europe took place June 20-21, 2017 at the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre. More than 200 attendees from 24 countries heard keynotes and breakout sessions on a broad range of in-memory computing topics. Presenters included representatives from ING, Barclays, Finastra, NetApp, Fujitsu, JacTravel and more.
- The third annual In-Memory Computing Summit North America took place October 24-25, 2017, at the South San Francisco Conference Center. With nearly 400 registrants, the conference included keynotes and breakouts sessions by representatives from Sberbank, Workday, Wellington Management, the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) and more.
- GridGain will host the second annual In-Memory Computing Summit Europe June 25-26, 2018 at the Park Plaza Victoria London. The Call for Papers for the conference will end on March 11, 2018.
- GridGain demonstrated its ongoing commitment to helping businesses understand how in-memory computing can help them address the speed and scale requirements of modern, data-intensive applications. The company hosted a variety of webinars and workshops, participated in several industry conferences, and organized or attended dozens of local meetups.
"2017 was the year when in-memory computing achieved mainstream adoption for accelerating and scaling out data-intensive applications driven by digital transformation, omnichannel customer experience, and real-time financial regulations," said Abe Kleinfeld, president and CEO of GridGain. "2018 will be another exciting year as companies continue their pursuit of digitalization and deeper real-time insights, further accelerating demand for in-memory computing solutions. GridGain will continue to build on its industry and thought leadership, delivering new innovations, solutions and the learning opportunities enterprises need to leverage next-generation memory-centric architectures for their most challenging, data-intensive applications."
About GridGain® Systems
GridGain Systems is revolutionizing real-time data access and processing by offering enterprise-grade in-memory computing solutions built on Apache® Ignite(TM). GridGain solutions are used by global enterprises in financial, software, ecommerce, retail, online business services, healthcare, telecom and other major sectors. GridGain solutions connect data stores (SQL, NoSQL, and Apache® Hadoop®) with cloud-scale applications and enable massive data throughput and ultra-low latencies across a scalable, distributed cluster of commodity servers. GridGain is the most comprehensive, enterprise-grade in-memory computing platform for high volume ACID transactions, real-time analytics, and hybrid transactional/analytical processing. For more information, visit gridgain.com.
GridGain is a trademark or registered trademark of GridGain Systems, Inc. Apache, Apache Cassandra, Cassandra, Apache Hadoop, Hadoop, Apache Ignite, and Ignite are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: GridGain Systems via Globenewswire
Om Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
+1 212 401 8700http://www.nasdaqomx.com
NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
GlobeNewswire Test Release19.5.2018 07:00 | Pressemelding
LOS ANGELES, May 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- This is a test from GlobeNewswire. Readers are advised to disregard. TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING – -END- CONTACT: Karen Yu Director, GlobeNewswire Product Management Direct: +1 310 258 6917 Mobile: +1 626 389 7427 or Magali Rolandez Senior Manager, Media Relations/Content Distribution Europe Direct: +44 (0) 203 753 2215 Mobile: +44 (0) 7785 619 539
BK Ultrasound, Powered by Analogic, Launches bkSpecto Ultrasound System for Urology at the 2018 American Urological Association Annual Meeting18.5.2018 23:23 | Pressemelding
PEABODY, Mass., May 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Analogic Corporation (Nasdaq:ALOG), enabling the world's medical imaging and aviation security technology, today announced that it will launch the bkSpecto(TM) ultrasound system at the 113th AUA (American Urological Association) Annual Meeting, May 18-21, in San Francisco. bkSpecto-taken from the Latin word Specto, meaning 'I see'-is BK Ultrasound's all-new ultrasound platform designed for clinical practices. bkSpecto combines BK's advanced auto-optimization algorithms with faster processing to render exceptional anatomical imaging detail with minimal manual adjustment by the user. The system has a unique glass touch-based interface using BK's Tru-Sense(TM) technology to provide 'sightless navigation.' The interface enables tactile feedback with or without gloves, providing an intuitive, self-guided user experience. The interface is also customizable, enabling personalized and faster user workflows. The small footprint of bkSpecto makes
Brookfield Asset Management Announces Renewal of Normal Course Issuer Bid18.5.2018 12:55 | Pressemelding
TORONTO, May 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. (NYSE:BAM) (TSX:BAM.A) (EURONEXT:BAMA) ("Brookfield") today announced it has received approval from the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") for the renewal of its normal course issuer bid to purchase up to 82,315,909 Class A Limited Voting Shares ("Class A Shares"), representing 10% of the public float of Brookfield's outstanding Class A Shares. Purchases under the bid will be made through the facilities of the TSX, the New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") and any alternative Canadian trading system. The period of the normal course issuer bid will extend from May 24, 2018 to May 23, 2019, or an earlier date should Brookfield complete its purchases. Brookfield will pay the market price at the time of acquisition for any Class A Shares purchased. As at May 1, 2018, the number of Class A Shares issued and outstanding totalled 991,857,711, of which 823,159,095 shares represented the public float. In accordance with the rules
Skybox Security and Exclusive Networks Announce New Partnership for Middle East Distribution of the Skybox Security Suite17.5.2018 18:41 | Pressemelding
The cybersecurity management platform ensures networks remain secure and compliant as organisations migrate to cloud and merge networks SAN JOSE, Calif., May 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Skybox(TM) Security, a global leader in cybersecurity management, announced today a new partnership with Exclusive Networks for distribution of Skybox solutions in the Middle East, including the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region and Egypt. Exclusive Networks will deploy and service the Skybox(TM) Security Suite, a broad security management platform that provides comprehensive attack surface visibility and enables unified vulnerability management and firewall/security policy management across an organization's entire network, including in physical, multi-cloud and OT environments. "Driven by government outlays (with oil, gas and defence industries leading the charge), Middle East organisations are looking for trusted security advisors who can navigate digital transformations and reduce risks - espec
Dermatological Symposium Tackles the Effects of Pollution on Skin17.5.2018 16:03 | Pressemelding
Researchers Present Compelling Evidence Showing the Effects of Pollution on Skin Health at Symposium Sponsored by Mary Kay Inc. DALLAS, May 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mary Kay Inc. announced four keynote speakers for its symposium to be held during the prestigious International Investigative Dermatology (IID) Meeting on May 16 to 19, 2018 in Orlando, Florida. The IID meeting occurs once every 5 years, and brings together scientists from across the globe, highlighting the latest in cutting edge science in dermatology. The Mary Kay sponsored Symposium features four global experts including Dr. Liang Liu, Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Columbia University; Dr. Max Costa, Professor and Chairman of the department of Environmental Medicine, New York University School of Medicine; Dr. Jean Krutmann, Chair of Environmental Medicine at the Medical Faculty of Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf and Director of the Leibniz Research Institute of Environmental Medicine in Dusseldorf, German
Talend Opens Nomination Period for Data Masters Awards17.5.2018 14:21 | Pressemelding
Annual Program Showcases Customers' Innovative Use of Cloud Technologies for Digital Transformation REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Talend (NASDAQ: TLND), a global leader in cloud and big data integration solutions, officially opened the submission period for its fourth annual Data Masters Awards. This program celebrates companies using Talend solutions in innovative, forward-thinking ways to put more data to work and enable more informed and impactful business decisions. Organizations interested in nominating a project can complete an official entry form here. Finalists will be chosen from Talend's more than 1,500 global customers representing large enterprises and private firms across all major industries including banking and insurance, consumer goods, healthcare, manufacturing and retail. Past award recipients include some of the world's best-known brands including: AIG, Air France/KLM, Beachbody, Citi, Credit Agricole Consumer Finance, GE Healthcare, HERMES
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom