GridGain® Continues In-Memory Computing Industry Leadership in 2018
GridGain Continues Rapid Growth, Delivers Product Innovations, Hosts Vital Industry Conferences and Earns Top Industry Accolades
FOSTER CITY, Calif., July 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GridGain® Systems, provider of enterprise-grade in-memory computing solutions based on Apache® Ignite(TM), today announced continuing strong momentum for the first half of 2018. Key achievements during the first half of the year included more new customer wins in the first half of 2018 than in all of 2017, launching major new products including GridGain Professional Edition 2.4 and GridGain Cloud, winning several top industry accolades, and driving continued growth of the popular In-Memory Computing Summit® in Europe.
- New customer acquisition surged during the first half of 2018 with the company acquiring 40 percent more new customers than were signed in all of 2017. New customers acquired in 2018 include leading companies in financial services, transportation, telecommunications, retail, healthcare, government, adtech and more.
- The company continued its worldwide expansion, opening a sales office in China and doubling its sales team in Europe.
- GridGain unveiled GridGain® Professional Edition 2.4, a significant product update that introduced a new Continuous Learning Framework to the company's in-memory computing platform. The Continuous Learning Framework includes machine learning and a multilayer perceptron (MLP) neural network that enable companies to run machine and deep learning algorithms against their petabyte-scale operational datasets in real-time. GridGain also enhanced its native Apache® Spark(TM) integration to include storage and management of Spark DataFrames.
- GridGain announced the beta release of GridGain Cloud. GridGain Cloud is the only in-memory cache-as-a-service that allows users to rapidly deploy a distributed in-memory cache and access it using ANSI-99 SQL, key-value or REST APIs. The result is in-memory computing performance in the cloud, which can be deployed in minutes and massively scaled out. A free trial of the GridGain Cloud beta is available by visiting https://cloud.gridgain.com/
- GridGain received Bronze Stevie Awards in the categories Company of the Year - Computer Software - Medium and New Product or Service of the Year - Software - Other for the GridGain In-Memory Computing Platform.
- GridGain was named to The Silicon Review - 50 Most Valuable Brands of the Year 2018.
- GridGain was included on The insideBIGDATA IMPACT 50 List for Q2 2018.
- Database Trends & Applications (DBTA) included GridGain in its annual DBTA 100 list of the Companies That Matter Most in Data.
In-Memory Computing Thought Leadership
- GridGain founded and produces the world's leading in-memory computing conferences. The second annual In-Memory Computing Summit Europe took place June 25-26, 2018 at the Park Plaza Victoria London. More than 300 registrants from 22 countries heard speakers from ING, FSB Technology, 451 Research, CG Consultancy, ScaleOut Software, the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA), GridGain and many more. The speakers explored the key developments and trends related to in-memory computing, discussed the challenges and successes they experienced when accelerating their data-intensive applications, offered practical advice on in-memory computing deployment strategies, and described how in-memory computing is helping drive digital transformation.
- The fourth annual In-Memory Computing Summit North America will take place October 2-3, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport.
- GridGain hosted a variety of webinars and workshops worldwide, participated in several industry conferences, and organized or attended dozens of local meetups - all as part of its ongoing commitment to helping businesses understand how in-memory computing can help them address the speed and scale requirements of modern, data-intensive applications.
"GridGain is rapidly emerging as a leading software platform for enabling the digital enterprise," said Abe Kleinfeld, president and CEO of GridGain. "GridGain is also embedded in a growing number of widely-adopted enterprise applications from major software vendors. Combined, GridGain is in use by nearly half of the Fortune 500."
About GridGain® Systems
GridGain Systems is revolutionizing real-time data access and processing by offering an in-memory computing platform built on Apache® Ignite(TM). GridGain solutions are used by global enterprises in financial, software, e-commerce, retail, online business services, healthcare, telecom and other major sectors, with a client list that includes Barclays, ING, Sberbank, Finastra, IHS Markit, Workday, and Huawei. The GridGain in-memory computing platform delivers unprecedented speed and massive scalability to both legacy and greenfield applications. Deployed on a distributed cluster of commodity servers, GridGain software can reside between the application and data layers (RDBMS, NoSQL and Apache® Hadoop®), requiring no rip-and-replace of the existing databases, or it can be deployed as an in-memory transactional SQL database. GridGain is the most comprehensive in-memory computing platform for high-volume ACID transactions, real-time analytics, web-scale applications, artificial intelligence, and continuous learning and HTAP. The GridGain Cloud is a hosted in-memory computing solution for use cases that require powerful yet very easy-to-deploy solutions with SQL support. For more information, visit gridgain.com.
GridGain and the In-Memory Computing Summit are trademarks or registered trademark of GridGain Systems, Inc. Apache, Apache Hadoop, Hadoop, Apache Ignite, and Ignite are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: GridGain Systems via Globenewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Følg saker fra GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra GlobeNewswire
Open Compute Project Announces Updated Market Forecast22.2.2019 16:39:00 | Pressemelding
Open Source Foundation Exceeds 2018 Forecast for Non-Board Member Adoption, Tops $2.56 billion and expected to surpass $10 billion by 2022. Austin, Texas, Feb. 22, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Open Compute Project Foundation (OCP) announces today the high level results of a follow up assessment of the market impact of the Open Compute Project worldwide. For a second year, OCP has engaged IHS Markit, a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, to determine the adoption and impact of OCP gear in the technology industry. Since its inception, OCP has worked to drive innovation in and around the data center industry, bringing together thousands of engineers from nearly two hundred member organizations. The demands on the modern datacenter continue to expand with the growth of IOT, security and edge computing, as well as increasing energy consumption requirements. IHS Markit interviewed OCP members, suppliers and service providers, as well as incorporated their own in-de
Magna Announces Fourth Quarter and 2018 Results and Raises Quarterly Cash Dividend by 11%22.2.2019 11:00:00 | Pressemelding
Fourth Quarter 2018 Highlights Record fourth quarter sales of $10.1 billion up 5% from the fourth quarter of 2017 Cash from operations of $1.6 billion Returned $585 million to shareholders through share repurchases and dividends Raised quarterly cash dividend by 11% to $0.365 per share Full Year 2018 Highlights Record sales of $40.8 billion, up 12% from 2017 Record diluted earnings per share of $6.61, an increase of 13% Record cash from operations of $3.7 billion Returned approximately $2.3 billion to shareholders through share repurchases and dividends AURORA, Ontario, Feb. 22, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Magna International Inc. (TSX: MG; NYSE: MGA) today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2018. THREE MONTHS ENDED DECEMBER 31, YEAR ENDED DECEMBER 31, 2018 2017 (2) 2018 2017 (2) Reported Sales $ 10,137 $ 9,684 $ 40,827 $ 36,588 Income from operations before income taxes $ 607 $ 765 $ 2,951 $ 2,985 Net income attributable to Magna International I
IMImobile announces integration of WhatsApp Business solution into its enterprise cloud communications platform IMIconnect22.2.2019 10:37:00 | Pressemelding
The WhatsApp Business solution will be made available across its enterprise cloud communications platform IMIconnect allowing businesses to launch business-to-consumer communications on WhatsApp LONDON, Feb. 22, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global cloud communications software and solutions provider IMImobile PLC, today announced the integration of the WhatsApp Business solution into its enterprise cloud communications platform IMIconnect. The WhatsApp Business solution enables businesses to connect with over 1.5 billion users in a simple, reliable, and private way across 180 countries worldwide. As a WhatsApp Business solution provider, the IMIconnect platform will enable enterprises to seamlessly integrate the WhatsApp Business solution into their customer communications strategies, and drive engagement through intelligent and context-aware messaging. “We are excited to announce the integration of the WhatsApp Business solution today in our IMIconnect platform. We understand that today’s
Nordic Innovators Cloudstreet and Domos Partner to Deliver an End-to-End, Application-Aware 5G Experience to the Home22.2.2019 09:00:00 | Pressemelding
Cloudstreet’s carrier-grade API and Network Slicing platform with Domos’ Machine Learning Solution for home networks delivers intelligent connectivity out of the box Barcelona, Spain., Feb. 22, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Finland’s Cloudstreet, the US-patented Network Slicing Company, and Norway’s Domos, a leader in Machine Learning technologies for the smart home, are pleased to announce that they have teamed up to create the industry’s first end-to-end, intelligent application and context-aware network slicing solution for home networks. The solution will be on display February 25-28 at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona in Hall 5, stand 5C41. A perfect example of MWC’s aspirational theme, “Intelligent Connectivity”, the solution closes the loop on delivering a 5G experience to fixed wireless home networks. The combined technologies solve two key, last-mile problems that have plagued mobile-enabled home networks: 1) How to build application-awareness into the network without comprom
General Electric Company: Doc re. GE Files Form 8-K22.2.2019 08:00:00 | Pressemelding
FAIRFIELD, Conn., Feb. 22, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Company General Electric Company ISIN US3696041033 Symbol London: GEC | Paris: GNE Headline Doc re: GE files Form 8-K February 21, 2019 On February 21, 2019, General Electric Company (the "Company") filed a Form 8-K with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), which has been submitted to RNS. It is also available on the SEC's website at http://www.sec.gov and on the Company's website at https://www.ge.com/investor-relations/events-reports. http://www.rns-pdf.londonstockexchange.com/rns/8048Q_1-2019-2-21.pdf CONTACT: GE Jennifer Erickson +001 646 682 5620 email@example.com This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
Northland Power Reports Full Year and Fourth Quarter 2018 Results22.2.2019 02:52:00 | Pressemelding
Results Reflect Successful Growth Strategy with Free Cash Flow per Share Up 30% and Adjusted EBITDA Up 17% TORONTO, Feb. 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Northland Power Inc. (“Northland” or the “Company”) (TSX: NPI) today reported financial results for the three months and year ended December 31, 2018. “2018 was a significant year for Northland. We continued to operate safely and efficiently, achieving strong growth in free cash flow and adjusted EBITDA,” said Mike Crawley, President and Chief Executive Officer of Northland. “Construction of Deutsche Bucht project remains on time and on budget, and we also remain well-positioned for continued growth. Our expansion into Asia has gained further traction, with the first of the three Hai Long offshore wind projects securing all approvals and permits. The next step for this 300 MW project will be executing its PPA.” Highlights: 2018 Financial Results Sales increased 13% from $1.4 billion in 2017 to $1.6 billion and gross profit increased 17% t