Ferring receives positive CHMP opinion for REKOVELLE® (follitropin delta)
Ferring Pharmaceuticals announced today that the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has adopted a positive opinion for REKOVELLE® (follitropin delta), recommending that the European Commission grants marketing authorisation for use in controlled ovarian stimulation for the development of multiple follicles in women undergoing assisted reproductive technologies (ART), such as an in vitro fertilisation (IVF) or intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) cycle.1-3 The European Commission has authority to grant marketing authorisation for medicines in the 28 countries of the European Union (EU). Following a European Commission decision, authorisation can also be granted by national authorities in Norway and Iceland.
If approved, REKOVELLE® would be administered using an individualised dosing regimen according to a woman’s serum anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) level and her body weight. AMH is a biomarker used to assess ovarian reserve.4,5 This can help to predict ovarian response to controlled ovarian stimulation and thus identify patients who may be at higher risk of experiencing reduced efficacy or increased safety concerns.4,6,7 The individualised dosing regimen determines a specific daily dose of REKOVELLE® for each patient, with the aim of maintaining efficacy and improving safety during controlled ovarian stimulation. AMH would be measured by a companion diagnostic, the Elecsys® AMH Plus immunoassay from F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Roche).8,9
“The individualised dosing regimen for REKOVELLE® aims to further enrich the personalised care that fertility specialists offer their patients,” said Dr Per Falk, M.D. Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer and Executive Vice President at Ferring Pharmaceuticals. “If approved, this would be the first pairing of a drug with a companion diagnostic for individualised dosing in reproductive medicine.”
The CHMP positive opinion is based on a comprehensive clinical development programme, including the Phase 3 ESTHER trials (Evidence-based Stimulation Trial with Human recombinant FSH in Europe and Rest of World), involving 1,326 patients in 11 countries, and over 2,000 cycles of controlled ovarian stimulation.1-3,10,11
Non-inferiority was demonstrated in a Phase 3 trial for the co-primary endpoints of ongoing pregnancy rate and ongoing implantation rate for REKOVELLE® compared to follitropin alfa (conventional treatment and dosing regimen). Secondary endpoints, including the number of oocytes retrieved and number of blastocysts obtained, were comparable between both groups. The Phase 3 clinical trials also demonstrated no increased immunogenicity risk and a good safety profile for REKOVELLE® with repeated cycles of controlled ovarian stimulation.3,11
About REKOVELLE ® (follitropin delta)
Follitropin delta (also known as FE 999049) is the first recombinant follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) derived from a human cell line.1,12 It has been developed for individualised dosing based on a woman’s serum anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) level, as determined by a companion diagnostic, the Elecsys® AMH Plus immunoassay from Roche,1,5,6,8,9 and her body weight. Follitropin delta is structurally and clinically distinct from other existing recombinant FSH treatments.1,12
About the ESTHER trials
The ESTHER trials (Evidence-based Stimulation Trial with Human recombinant FSH in Europe and Rest of World) were randomised, assessor-blind, controlled, multicentre Phase 3 trials involving fertility clinics in Europe, Canada, Brazil and Russia.2,3
About Ferring Pharmaceuticals
Headquartered in Switzerland, Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group active in global markets. The company identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the areas of reproductive health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopaedics. Ferring has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its products in 110 countries. To learn more about Ferring or its products please visit www.ferring.com.
About the Elecsys ® AMH Plus immunoassay from Roche
The Elecsys® AMH Plus immunoassay from Roche has been shown to provide a precise, reliable and robust measurement of AMH levels.8,9,13-16 This fully automated Elecsys® AMH Plus immunoassay uses the cobas® e and Elecsys® immunoassay analysers, determines AMH levels in 18 minutes, making it appropriate for routine clinical use. The Elecsys® AMH Plus immunoassay is intended to be used for assessment of ovarian reserve, prediction of response to controlled ovarian stimulation (COS) and establishment of the individual daily dose of Ferring follitropin delta in combination with body weight in COS for the development of multiple follicles in women undergoing an assisted reproductive technology program.8,9,13-16
1. Arce J-C, Nyboe Andersen A, Fernandez Sanchez M, et al. Ovarian response to recombinant human follicle-stimulating hormone: a randomized, antimullerian hormone–stratified, dose–response trial in women undergoing in vitro fertilization/intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Fertil Steril. 2014 Dec;102(6):1633–40.
4. Fleming R, Broekmans F, Calhaz-Jorge C, et al. Can anti-Mullerian hormone concentrations be used to determine gonadotropin dose and treatment protocol for ovarian stimulation? Reproductive BioMedicine Online 2013;26:431–439.
5. La Marca A and Sunkara SK. Individualization of controlled ovarian stimulation in IVF using ovarian reserve markers: from theory to practice. Hum Reprod Update 2014;20: 124–140.
6. American Society for Reproductive Medicine. Medications for Inducing Ovulation - A guide for patients. Available at: http://www.asrm.org/uploadedFiles/ASRM_Content/Resources/Patient_Resources/Fact_Sheets_and_Info_Booklets/ovulation_drugs.pdf. Last accessed: September 2016.
7. Nelson SMet al. Anti-Müllerian hormone-based approach to controlled ovarian stimulation for assisted conception. Hum Reprod. 2009 Apr;24(4):867–75.
8. Deeks ED. Elecsys® AMH assay: a review in anti-Müllerian hormone quantification and assessment of ovarian reserve. Mol Diagn Ther 2015; 19: 245-249.
9. Roche Diagnostics. Elecsys® AMH Plus: Method sheet. 2016.
10. Nyboe Andersen A and Arce JC on behalf of the ESTHER-1 trial group. Efficacy and safety of follitropin delta in an individualised dosing regimen: A randomised, assessor-blind, controlled phase 3 trial in IVF/ICSI patients (ESTHER-1). Poster presented at 32nd Annual Meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) in Helsinki, 3–6 July 2016. Hum Reprod. 2016;31(Supp 1):i315.
11. Buur Rasmussen A et al, on behalf of the ESTHER-1 and ESTHER-2 trial group. Low immunogenicity potential of follitropin delta, a recombinant FSH preparation produced from a human cell line: Results from phase 3 trials (ESTHER-1 and ESTHER-2). Poster presented at 32nd Annual Meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) in Helsinki, 3–6 July 2016. Hum Reprod. 2016;31(Supp 1):i376.
12. Olsson H, Sandström R, Grundemar L. Different pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone (rFSH) derived from a human cell line compared with rFSH from a non-human cell line. J Clin Pharmacol 2014; 54(11):1299–307.
13. Gassner D, Jung R. First fully automated immunoassay for anti-Müllerian hormone. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2014;52(8):1143-52.
14. Anderson RA, Anckaert E, Bosch E, et al. Prospective study into the value of the automated Elecsys antimüllerian hormone assay for the assessment of the ovarian growing follicle pool. Fertil Steril. 2015;103(4):1074–80.e4.
15. Nelson SM, Pastuszek E, Kloss G, et al. Two new automated, compared with two enzyme-linked immunosorbent antimüllerian hormone assays. Fertil Steril. 2015 Oct;104(4):1016-1021.e6.
16. Hyldgaard J, Bor P, Ingerslev HJ, et al. Comparison of two different methods for measuring anti-mullerian hormone in a clinical series. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2015 Sep 22;13(1):107.
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Celltrion Receives Positive CHMP Opinion for Herzuma® for Trastuzumab Biosimilar15.12.2017 22:13 | Pressemelding
Celltrion, Inc. (KOSDAQ: 068270) announced today that the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) issued a positive opinion recommending that Herzuma® (trastuzumab biosimilar) be granted marketing authorization in the European Union (EU) for the treatment of patients with early breast cancer, metastatic breast cancer, or metastatic gastric cancer whose tumors have either HER2 overexpression or HER2 gene amplification. The CHMP’s opinion will now be sent to the European Commission (EC) for final review. Herzuma® is a biosimilar to Herceptin®i, a breast cancer and gastric cancer treatment antibody biologic drug developed by Genentech and marketed by Roche. Herceptin® is a blockbuster drug which had worldwide sales of CHF 6.8 billionii (US$6.8 billion) in 2016, of which CHF 2.1 billioniii (US$2.1 billion) was in
Takeda and TiGenix announce that Cx601 (darvadstrocel) has received a positive CHMP opinion to treat complex perianal fistulas in Crohn’s disease15.12.2017 12:34 | Pressemelding
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TSE: 4502) (“Takeda”) and TiGenix NV (Euronext Brussels and NASDAQ: TIG) (“TiGenix”) today announced that the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA), in conjunction with the Committee for Advanced Therapies (CAT), has adopted a positive opinion recommending a marketing authorization (MA) for investigational compound Cx601 (darvadstrocel). Cx601 is expected to be indicated for the treatment of complex perianal fistulas in adult patients with non-active/mildly active luminal Crohn’s disease, when fistulas have shown an inadequate response to at least one conventional or biologic therapy.2 This recommendation marks the first allogeneic stem cell therapy to receive a positive CHMP opinion in Europe. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/201712
Bitcoin Romania and Twispay Announce Integration Partnership Providing Users with the Ability to Purchase Bitcoin with Bank Cards15.12.2017 12:21 | Pressemelding
Bitcoin Romania, leading Eastern European Bitcoin exchange & brokerage firm, and Twispay, Swiss-owned European payment processor and FinTech pioneer, today announced the availability of a payment integration that allows a global clientele to acquire Bitcoin and Ethereum cryptocurrencies using Visa and Mastercard bank cards. Unprecedented in Romania, this is one of the first East-Central European integration partnerships that allow consumers to use their cards to purchase cryptocurrency. Until recently, investors could only acquire cryptocurrencies through bank transfers and cash deposits, but the volatility of cryptocurrency markets dictates the need for additional operational flexibility. Investors require faster, safer, more reliable, and more comfortable ways to complete purchases. “One minute can make the difference between a million lost and a million earned. That is pr
Upon Conclusion of the Fourth Annual Forum for Promoting Peace in Muslim Societies, Scholars and Intellectuals Visit the Louvre Abu Dhabi Museum15.12.2017 11:38 | Pressemelding
A high-level delegation of dignitaries, scholars and intellectuals participating in the fourth annual Forum for Promoting Peace in Muslim Societies, visited the Louvre Abu Dhabi museum. The delegation was headed by H.E Mustafa Ceric, former Grand Mufti of Bosnia; alongside Sheikh Mohammad Mukhtar Ould Imbala, Head of Mauritania’s Fatwa & Grievances Supreme Council; H.E Amar Mirghani Hussein, Sudanese Minister of (religious) Guidance and Endowments; and H.E Salho Jay, Imam of the Juma Masjid in South Africa. The Forum was held in Abu Dhabi from 11-13 December 2017, with the participation of more than 700 scholars, intellectuals and religious dignitaries from around the world. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171215005255/en/ Group Photo of the Scholars and Intellectuals during their visit to the L
Kennedy Wilson Acquires 124-Unit Northbank Apartments in Dublin, Ireland for €45 Million15.12.2017 11:00 | Pressemelding
Global real estate investment company Kennedy Wilson (NYSE: KW) announces that it has acquired Northbank Apartments, a wholly-owned 124-unit apartment community in Dublin’s North Docks, for €45 million from Jarmar Properties Limited (In Receivership) acting through David Carson of Deloitte as Statutory Receiver, the lender being the National Asset Management Agency (“NAMA”). Situated in Dublin’s North Docks, Northbank is located just 50 meters from Kennedy Wilson’s existing 84-unit Liffey Trust apartments. The two buildings benefit from great transport links as the LUAS Red line is immediately adjacent connecting to Dublin’s city centre and main train stations in five minutes. “The successful acquisition of Northbank in such close proximity to our Liffey Trust asset allows us to leverage our existing presence and implement our value-add asset management strategy, including a
AML BitCoin Enters Phase II of ICO15.12.2017 09:00 | Pressemelding
NAC Foundation, LLC announces today that the initial coin offering for the AML BitCoin – the world’s only patent-pending compliant digital currency – has been extended for another month to accommodate a torrent of last minute, new coin purchasers and the demands of thousands of current owners of the coin, who have had difficulty navigating the process of establishing the specialized wallet required to hold the innovative digital currency. This second phase of the AML BitCoin initial coin offering will see an increase in the price of the coin, from US $1.00 to US $1.25. The company has already been contacted by prospective purchasers in the slightly higher priced Phase II, and anticipates a further price increase to US $1.50 within a week or two. HitBTC, one of the world’s largest and most active digital currency exchanges, was prepared to list the AML BitCoin for trading on
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom