Expanding Global Deployments of Product Cost Management Drive New Capabilities in Latest Release
New Simulation-Driven Design Features in aPriori Professional 2018 R1 Help Improve Product Profitability & Accelerate Time to Market
CONCORD, Mass., Feb. 27, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- aPriori, the leading provider of automated product cost management (PCM) software and service solutions for global manufacturers, today announced the newest release of the company's flagship product, aPriori Professional 2018 R1.
This new release concentrates on helping manufacturers combat some of the most critical challenges they are facing in their businesses today, including:
- Aerospace manufacturers are struggling with how to accommodate fixed price contracts and maintain profitability in an environment where new materials and manufacturing processes are being introduced continuously.
- Automotive manufacturers are struggling with major platform redesigns that are required to meet the demand for new electrified and autonomous vehicles.
- Industrial Machinery manufacturers are faced with new competition from more nimble start-up competitors in low cost countries that continue to put pressure on bringing new innovations to market faster.
- Electronic & High Tech product manufacturers are facing extreme challenges to bring innovative products to market faster requiring near perfect collaboration with their Contract Manufacturing partners who face their own challenges generating accurate quotes for new product designs in a timely manner.
Highlights of aPriori Professional 2018 R1
With aPriori 2018 R1, the company continues its commitment to helping customers overcome these challenges using time-proven product cost management business strategies and the world's most advanced PCM technology platform. The primary highlights of this release include:
- aPriori 2018 R1 has been extended to more easily integrate into engineering automation tools that support a Design of Experiments to simultaneously optimize product designs for performance and cost.
- Continued advances have been made in the area of Design to Cost / Design for Manufacturability features so that engineering can quickly and easily get cost and manufacturability feedback early in the design process to eliminate late stage rework and product launch delays.
- aPriori 2018 R1 also features significant upgrades to the Additive Manufacturing cost model, enabling end users to compare traditional subtractive manufacturing processes and additive manufacturing approaches. Specifically, aPriori now supports Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS) which is often used to make metal parts in aerospace, industrial and medical industries.
- With aPriori 2018 R1, a new Stretch Forming cost model is being introduced. This manufacturing technique is commonly used in aerospace manufacturers to make large multi-curvature parts with low production rates, such as empennage, wing, fuselage and nacelle components on an airplane.
- aPriori is one of the pioneers responsible for providing quick, automated costing from 3D solid CAD models. In aPriori 2018 R1, aPriori continues its pioneering work in automated design model costing by introducing support for costing of surface models. Surface models are still used extensively for complex sheet metal parts particularly in the automotive industry.
The items above represent a fraction of the new capabilities delivered in aPriori 2018 R1. Hundreds of additional enhancements have been implemented in the product's core Sheet Metal, Sand Casting, Plastic Molding and Bar & Tube cost models, many of which were driven through our collaboration with our expanding customer base. For a complete list of new features available with aPriori 2018 R1, customers can refer to our Release Notes in the HelpCenter. An aPriori Support system password is required to access this documentation.
Enhanced Costing Capabilities for Printed Circuit Board Assembly
With this new release, aPriori continues to upgrade its capabilities around costing the assembly of Wire Harnesses and Printed Circuit Boards. Through a collaborative process with strategic industry partners, aPriori has implemented the following improvements to our electrical/electronics cost models:
- Performance - costing times are reduced by approximately 50-70% for PCBA and Wire Harness
- Improved Manufacturing Analysis - aPriori 2018 R1 includes numerous updates throughout both modules to better align with real world manufacturing practices
- Workflow - this new release provides better control over which components are used from the component library; users now specify which supplier or manufacturer they want to use for each component as well as having direct control over the purchase quantity assumptions
"Our growing customer base in aerospace, automotive, industrial machinery, and electronics markets are facing some extreme challenges in bringing their products to market faster and at target cost. This latest release of aPriori represents another big step forward in our efforts to provide cost and manufacturability guidance for our customers," reported Julie Driscoll, Vice President of Strategic Marketing and Product Management. "Our PCM technology platform is highly unique in that it supports the entire design to delivery process. Our company was founded on the principle that each day designers, buyers, cost engineers, manufacturing engineers and department leaders are making tradeoff decisions that have a significant impact on product profitability. aPriori 2018 R1 continues our commitment to providing cost solutions that allow individuals across the entire product lifecycle to understand the cost impact of these decisions - at the exact moment they are making those decisions."
aPriori software and services generate hard-dollar product cost savings for discrete manufacturing and product innovation companies. Using aPriori's real-time product cost assessments, employees in engineering, sourcing and manufacturing make more-informed decisions that drive costs out of products pre- and post-production. With aPriori, manufacturers launch products at cost targets, maximize savings in re-work projects and avoid overpaying for sourced parts. To learn more about aPriori and its product cost management solutions and services, visit www.apriori.com or call 1.978.371.2006.
aPriori and aPriori Technologies are registered trademarks of aPriori Technologies Inc. All other trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks belong to their respective holders.
Vice President, Marketing
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: aPriori Technologies via Globenewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Følg saker fra GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra GlobeNewswire
Compuware Announces Day One Support for IBM CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V5.514.12.2018 18:02 | Pressemelding
SoftServe Achieves Machine Learning Specialization in Google Cloud Partner Program14.12.2018 13:00 | Pressemelding
Google Cloud recognizes SoftServe’s technical proficiency and proven success AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 14, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SoftServe, a leading digital authority and consulting company, announces it achieved the Machine Learning Partner Specialization in the Google Cloud Premier Partner Program. The Partner Specialization affirms SoftServe’s expertise and success building customer solutions in the machine learning field using Google Cloud Platform (GCP) technology. The Google Cloud Partner Specialization Program is designed to provide Google Cloud customers with qualified partners that demonstrate technical proficiency in the specialized solution and service areas. Specifically, the Machine Learning Specialization demonstrates SoftServe’s expertise in data exploration, preprocessing, model training, model evaluation, model deployment, online prediction, and Google Cloud’s pre-trained machine learning APIs. “We teach machines to learn, read, see and understand business data, and make
Minerals Technologies Announces Price Increases for Specialty Minerals Products in Europe14.12.2018 00:01 | Pressemelding
NEW YORK, Dec. 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Specialty Minerals Inc. (“SMI”), a subsidiary of Minerals Technologies Inc., announced today that effective February 1, 2019, it will increase prices by up to 10% for all coated ultrafine precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) from SMI’s Lifford Specialty PCC facility in Birmingham, UK, subject to individual customer contracts and market provisions. The price increases reflect increased market demand for higher performance materials, as well as significant inflation in input, raw material and logistics costs. About Minerals Technologies Inc. New York-based Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTI) is a resource- and technology-based growth company that develops, produces and markets worldwide a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. MTI serves the paper, foundry, steel, construction, environmental, energy, polymer and consumer products industries. The Company reported sales of $1.
Synthesio to Bring Proven Ipsos Data Science to Artificial Intelligence13.12.2018 17:03 | Pressemelding
Synthesio's Next-Generation Social Media Intelligence to Raise Unseen Insights to the Surface, Faster NEW YORK, Dec. 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Synthesio, an Ipsos company, and also the leading Social Media Intelligence Suite, today announced the plans for its next-generation Artificial Intelligence (AI) engine. The project will combine Synthesio’s AI technology with Ipsos’ data science. The combination will power upcoming Synthesio capabilities to help users find insights faster, remove guesswork, and make informed business decisions across a variety of use cases. “Our goal has always been to provide customers with meaningful data, visualized so that they can make strategic business decisions,” explained Loic Moisand, CEO & Founder of Synthesio. “The less guesswork that a company has to make, and the less time that it takes users to find meaningful insights, the more time for data-backed business decisions. We are really pleased that we can leverage the data science capabilities dev
XBiotech Announces Publication of Post-Hoc Analysis for Phase III Colorectal Cancer Study13.12.2018 14:00 | Pressemelding
Biomarkers Predict Significantly Higher Rates of Treatment Response to Bermekimab in Advanced Cancer Patients AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- XBiotech Inc. (NASDAQ: XBIT) announced today the publication of findings on key biomarker analysis of colorectal cancer patients treated with bermekimab in its European Phase III study. The manuscript, entitled, “Interleukin-1 Receptor Antagonist (IL-1ra) Levels Predict Favorable Outcome after Bermekimab, a First-in-Class True Human Interleukin-1α Antibody, in a Phase III Randomized Study of Advanced Colorectal Cancer”, has been published online in the journal OncoImmunology. The findings report that patients with relatively low levels of IL-1ra or IL-6 were more likely to respond to bermekimab therapy and achieve the study’s primary endpoint. The study’s primary endpoint measured a combination of physical symptoms—pain, fatigue, anorexia and muscle wasting—which tend to worsen with advanced cancer, to assess whether these sympto
FROM CUTE TO CONFIDENT: MARY KAY INC. TALKS PINK AT THE MUSEUM AT FIT13.12.2018 14:00 | Pressemelding
Mary Kay Inc. and The Museum at The Fashion Institute of Technology Partner for a Pink-Centric Panel Discussion in Conjunction with Special Exhibition ‘Pink: The History of a Punk, Pretty, Powerful Color’ NEW YORK, N.Y., Dec. 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- From pink makeup compacts to the iconic pink Cadillac, global beauty brand Mary Kay has been synonymous with the color pink for more than five decades. On December 13, 2018, Mary Kay will partner with The Museum at FIT (MFIT) to host a scholarly panel discussion, ‘Powerful Pink: From Cute to Confident,’ at the Katie Murphy Amphitheatre on the New York City FIT campus. Panelists include Luis Casco, Mary Kay Global Beauty Ambassador and celebrity makeup artist; Kate Greene, Vice President of Communications and Creative Direction at Givaudan and Karen Young, FIT adjunct professor and founder of The Young Group. The panel discussion will be moderated by Sheryl Adkins-Green, Chief Marketing Officer for Mary Kay Inc. The scholarly panel disc