Expanding Global Deployments of Product Cost Management Drive New Capabilities in Latest Release
New Simulation-Driven Design Features in aPriori Professional 2018 R1 Help Improve Product Profitability & Accelerate Time to Market
CONCORD, Mass., Feb. 27, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- aPriori, the leading provider of automated product cost management (PCM) software and service solutions for global manufacturers, today announced the newest release of the company's flagship product, aPriori Professional 2018 R1.
This new release concentrates on helping manufacturers combat some of the most critical challenges they are facing in their businesses today, including:
- Aerospace manufacturers are struggling with how to accommodate fixed price contracts and maintain profitability in an environment where new materials and manufacturing processes are being introduced continuously.
- Automotive manufacturers are struggling with major platform redesigns that are required to meet the demand for new electrified and autonomous vehicles.
- Industrial Machinery manufacturers are faced with new competition from more nimble start-up competitors in low cost countries that continue to put pressure on bringing new innovations to market faster.
- Electronic & High Tech product manufacturers are facing extreme challenges to bring innovative products to market faster requiring near perfect collaboration with their Contract Manufacturing partners who face their own challenges generating accurate quotes for new product designs in a timely manner.
Highlights of aPriori Professional 2018 R1
With aPriori 2018 R1, the company continues its commitment to helping customers overcome these challenges using time-proven product cost management business strategies and the world's most advanced PCM technology platform. The primary highlights of this release include:
- aPriori 2018 R1 has been extended to more easily integrate into engineering automation tools that support a Design of Experiments to simultaneously optimize product designs for performance and cost.
- Continued advances have been made in the area of Design to Cost / Design for Manufacturability features so that engineering can quickly and easily get cost and manufacturability feedback early in the design process to eliminate late stage rework and product launch delays.
- aPriori 2018 R1 also features significant upgrades to the Additive Manufacturing cost model, enabling end users to compare traditional subtractive manufacturing processes and additive manufacturing approaches. Specifically, aPriori now supports Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS) which is often used to make metal parts in aerospace, industrial and medical industries.
- With aPriori 2018 R1, a new Stretch Forming cost model is being introduced. This manufacturing technique is commonly used in aerospace manufacturers to make large multi-curvature parts with low production rates, such as empennage, wing, fuselage and nacelle components on an airplane.
- aPriori is one of the pioneers responsible for providing quick, automated costing from 3D solid CAD models. In aPriori 2018 R1, aPriori continues its pioneering work in automated design model costing by introducing support for costing of surface models. Surface models are still used extensively for complex sheet metal parts particularly in the automotive industry.
The items above represent a fraction of the new capabilities delivered in aPriori 2018 R1. Hundreds of additional enhancements have been implemented in the product's core Sheet Metal, Sand Casting, Plastic Molding and Bar & Tube cost models, many of which were driven through our collaboration with our expanding customer base. For a complete list of new features available with aPriori 2018 R1, customers can refer to our Release Notes in the HelpCenter. An aPriori Support system password is required to access this documentation.
Enhanced Costing Capabilities for Printed Circuit Board Assembly
With this new release, aPriori continues to upgrade its capabilities around costing the assembly of Wire Harnesses and Printed Circuit Boards. Through a collaborative process with strategic industry partners, aPriori has implemented the following improvements to our electrical/electronics cost models:
- Performance - costing times are reduced by approximately 50-70% for PCBA and Wire Harness
- Improved Manufacturing Analysis - aPriori 2018 R1 includes numerous updates throughout both modules to better align with real world manufacturing practices
- Workflow - this new release provides better control over which components are used from the component library; users now specify which supplier or manufacturer they want to use for each component as well as having direct control over the purchase quantity assumptions
"Our growing customer base in aerospace, automotive, industrial machinery, and electronics markets are facing some extreme challenges in bringing their products to market faster and at target cost. This latest release of aPriori represents another big step forward in our efforts to provide cost and manufacturability guidance for our customers," reported Julie Driscoll, Vice President of Strategic Marketing and Product Management. "Our PCM technology platform is highly unique in that it supports the entire design to delivery process. Our company was founded on the principle that each day designers, buyers, cost engineers, manufacturing engineers and department leaders are making tradeoff decisions that have a significant impact on product profitability. aPriori 2018 R1 continues our commitment to providing cost solutions that allow individuals across the entire product lifecycle to understand the cost impact of these decisions - at the exact moment they are making those decisions."
aPriori software and services generate hard-dollar product cost savings for discrete manufacturing and product innovation companies. Using aPriori's real-time product cost assessments, employees in engineering, sourcing and manufacturing make more-informed decisions that drive costs out of products pre- and post-production. With aPriori, manufacturers launch products at cost targets, maximize savings in re-work projects and avoid overpaying for sourced parts. To learn more about aPriori and its product cost management solutions and services, visit www.apriori.com or call 1.978.371.2006.
aPriori and aPriori Technologies are registered trademarks of aPriori Technologies Inc. All other trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks belong to their respective holders.
Vice President, Marketing
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: aPriori Technologies via Globenewswire
Om Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
+1 212 401 8700http://www.nasdaqomx.com
NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
CORRECTING and REPLACING -- PRESS ALERT & INVITATION: Arbitrade to Hold a Press Conference on June 28th From Bermuda - Its New Global Headquarters23.6.2018 14:00 | Pressemelding
NEW YORK, June 23, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In a press release issued under the same headline earlier today by Arbitrade, please note that the correct date of the event is Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. EDT. The corrected release follows: This is an invitation to all media following Arbitrade and/or covering the cryptocurrency markets. You are invited to join Arbitrade's Chairman, Len Schutzman, and management who will discuss their progress toward establishing Arbitrade as a world-class cryptocurrency exchange and coin company. They will also discuss their move and incorporation into Bermuda, one of the world's best regulated jurisdictions and a platform from which Arbitrade will reach out to several international markets. It will be a lively discussion that will also include details of the many economic and social advantages and new jobs that companies, like Arbitrade, will bring to countries in which they settle and do business around the world. Details of how to access the pr
15th Consecutive Nasdaq Closing Cross Sets Record for Number of Shares Traded During 2018 Russell US Indexes Reconstitution22.6.2018 23:19 | Pressemelding
NEW YORK, June 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) today announced the Nasdaq Closing Cross had a record day as it was used for the 15th consecutive year to rebalance Nasdaq-listed securities in the entire family of Russell U.S. Indexes, part of leading global index provider FTSE Russell, during their annual reconstitution. A record 1.188 billion shares representing $39.26 billion were executed in the Closing Cross in 0.935 seconds across some 2,591 Nasdaq-listed stocks. This compares to 2017, when Nasdaq executed 972 million shares representing $28.9 billion executed in 0.861 seconds across 2,499 Nasdaq-listed stocks. "Today, we saw a record-breaking performance for the Nasdaq Closing Cross, which benefits issuers and investors alike with transparent and efficient price discovery," said Tom Wittman, Head of Global Equities and Executive Vice President of Global Trading and Market Services at Nasdaq. "The rebalance is an important event to ensure that the Russell U.S. ind
PRESS ALERT & INVITATION: Arbitrade to Hold a Press Conference on June 28th From Bermuda - Its New Global Headquarters22.6.2018 22:29 | Pressemelding
NEW YORK, June 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- This is an invitation to all media following Arbitrade and/or covering the cryptocurrency markets. You are invited to join Arbitrade's Chairman, Len Schutzman, and management who will discuss their progress toward establishing Arbitrade as a world-class cryptocurrency exchange and coin company. They will also discuss their move and incorporation into Bermuda, one of the world's best regulated jurisdictions and a platform from which Arbitrade will reach out to several international markets. It will be a lively discussion that will also include details of the many economic and social advantages and new jobs that companies, like Arbitrade, will bring to countries in which they settle and do business around the world. Details of how to access the press briefing webcast are as follows: Please register now for the upcoming Arbitrade Conference Call: Date: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 Time: 8:00 a.m. EST We recommend that you connect to the meeting at l
Northland Power's Hai Long Offshore Wind Project Awarded Additional 744 Megawatts in Taiwan Auction22.6.2018 14:15 | Pressemelding
TORONTO, June 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Northland Power Inc. ("Northland") (TSX:NPI) today announced that the Taiwan Bureau of Energy ("BOE") has awarded 232 megawatts ("MW") to the Hai Long 2 offshore wind farm ("Hai Long 2") and 512 MW to the Hai Long 3 offshore wind farm ("Hai Long 3") under Taiwan's offshore wind auction program. These awards are separate from and in addition to the 300 MW in 2024 that Hai Long 2 was allocated by the Taiwan BOE on April 30, 2018 under Taiwan's Feed-in-Tariff ("FIT") program. Northland and its partner Yushan Energy Co. Ltd. ("Yushan Energy") own 60% and 40%, respectively, of Hai Long 2 and Hai Long 3. This is another significant step for Northland in Taiwan, with a second and third project progressing to connect to Taiwan's grid in 2025, subject to securing 20-year power purchase agreements. Taken together with the FIT award, the Hai Long 2 and Hai Long 3 offshore wind farms now total 1,044 MW of offshore wind capacity in Taiwan. Northland is bui
Williams Scotsman to Acquire ModSpace22.6.2018 13:09 | Pressemelding
Creates an industry-leading specialty rental services provider with over $1 billion of combined revenue and over 160,000 rental units across North America Leverages, and further strengthens, Williams Scotsman's scalable operating platform to capture an estimated $60 million of cost synergies Combines the best of both companies' go-to-market strategies, benefiting our customers and accelerating the expansion of Williams Scotsman's turnkey "Ready To Work" solutions across a broader asset base and enhanced branch network Total enterprise value of approximately $1.1 billion represents 6.6x ModSpace's Adjusted EBITDA for the twelve month period ended March 31, 2018, inclusive of forecast cost synergies and the expected value of acquired tax attributes1 ,2 BALTIMORE, June 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- WillScot Corporation (NASDAQ:WSC) ("Williams Scotsman") the leading specialty rental services provider of innovative modular space and portable storage solutions across North America, today anno
Mash named as one of the Fintech 5022.6.2018 12:36 | Pressemelding
At an event held on Wednesday June 20th at the Silicon Valley Bank in London, UK, Mash was selected from over 1800 companies to the FinTech50 2018 list, joining FinTech giants like N26, Monzo, Raisin and Revolut on the list of Europe’s hottest FinTech companies. James Hickson, Group CEO of Mash commented, “This has been a transformational year for Mash and our momentum continues. The FinTech50 is the Oscars of our industry and as such, the competition for a place was incredibly high - only 14 new companies made it to the list with Mash being selected from over 1800 nominations. To be recognized as one of Europe’s leading Fintech companies is an incredible honor and a reflection of our dedicated team and our go forward ambition to be a major player in Europe. We extend an enormous thank you to the award committee for their support and our team for their incredible efforts” Tommi Lindfors, Chairman and founder of Mash Group, was pleased with the recognition: “The Fintech50 list recognize
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom