Expanding Global Deployments of Product Cost Management Drive New Capabilities in Latest Release
New Simulation-Driven Design Features in aPriori Professional 2018 R1 Help Improve Product Profitability & Accelerate Time to Market
CONCORD, Mass., Feb. 27, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- aPriori, the leading provider of automated product cost management (PCM) software and service solutions for global manufacturers, today announced the newest release of the company's flagship product, aPriori Professional 2018 R1.
This new release concentrates on helping manufacturers combat some of the most critical challenges they are facing in their businesses today, including:
- Aerospace manufacturers are struggling with how to accommodate fixed price contracts and maintain profitability in an environment where new materials and manufacturing processes are being introduced continuously.
- Automotive manufacturers are struggling with major platform redesigns that are required to meet the demand for new electrified and autonomous vehicles.
- Industrial Machinery manufacturers are faced with new competition from more nimble start-up competitors in low cost countries that continue to put pressure on bringing new innovations to market faster.
- Electronic & High Tech product manufacturers are facing extreme challenges to bring innovative products to market faster requiring near perfect collaboration with their Contract Manufacturing partners who face their own challenges generating accurate quotes for new product designs in a timely manner.
Highlights of aPriori Professional 2018 R1
With aPriori 2018 R1, the company continues its commitment to helping customers overcome these challenges using time-proven product cost management business strategies and the world's most advanced PCM technology platform. The primary highlights of this release include:
- aPriori 2018 R1 has been extended to more easily integrate into engineering automation tools that support a Design of Experiments to simultaneously optimize product designs for performance and cost.
- Continued advances have been made in the area of Design to Cost / Design for Manufacturability features so that engineering can quickly and easily get cost and manufacturability feedback early in the design process to eliminate late stage rework and product launch delays.
- aPriori 2018 R1 also features significant upgrades to the Additive Manufacturing cost model, enabling end users to compare traditional subtractive manufacturing processes and additive manufacturing approaches. Specifically, aPriori now supports Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS) which is often used to make metal parts in aerospace, industrial and medical industries.
- With aPriori 2018 R1, a new Stretch Forming cost model is being introduced. This manufacturing technique is commonly used in aerospace manufacturers to make large multi-curvature parts with low production rates, such as empennage, wing, fuselage and nacelle components on an airplane.
- aPriori is one of the pioneers responsible for providing quick, automated costing from 3D solid CAD models. In aPriori 2018 R1, aPriori continues its pioneering work in automated design model costing by introducing support for costing of surface models. Surface models are still used extensively for complex sheet metal parts particularly in the automotive industry.
The items above represent a fraction of the new capabilities delivered in aPriori 2018 R1. Hundreds of additional enhancements have been implemented in the product's core Sheet Metal, Sand Casting, Plastic Molding and Bar & Tube cost models, many of which were driven through our collaboration with our expanding customer base. For a complete list of new features available with aPriori 2018 R1, customers can refer to our Release Notes in the HelpCenter. An aPriori Support system password is required to access this documentation.
Enhanced Costing Capabilities for Printed Circuit Board Assembly
With this new release, aPriori continues to upgrade its capabilities around costing the assembly of Wire Harnesses and Printed Circuit Boards. Through a collaborative process with strategic industry partners, aPriori has implemented the following improvements to our electrical/electronics cost models:
- Performance - costing times are reduced by approximately 50-70% for PCBA and Wire Harness
- Improved Manufacturing Analysis - aPriori 2018 R1 includes numerous updates throughout both modules to better align with real world manufacturing practices
- Workflow - this new release provides better control over which components are used from the component library; users now specify which supplier or manufacturer they want to use for each component as well as having direct control over the purchase quantity assumptions
"Our growing customer base in aerospace, automotive, industrial machinery, and electronics markets are facing some extreme challenges in bringing their products to market faster and at target cost. This latest release of aPriori represents another big step forward in our efforts to provide cost and manufacturability guidance for our customers," reported Julie Driscoll, Vice President of Strategic Marketing and Product Management. "Our PCM technology platform is highly unique in that it supports the entire design to delivery process. Our company was founded on the principle that each day designers, buyers, cost engineers, manufacturing engineers and department leaders are making tradeoff decisions that have a significant impact on product profitability. aPriori 2018 R1 continues our commitment to providing cost solutions that allow individuals across the entire product lifecycle to understand the cost impact of these decisions - at the exact moment they are making those decisions."
aPriori software and services generate hard-dollar product cost savings for discrete manufacturing and product innovation companies. Using aPriori's real-time product cost assessments, employees in engineering, sourcing and manufacturing make more-informed decisions that drive costs out of products pre- and post-production. With aPriori, manufacturers launch products at cost targets, maximize savings in re-work projects and avoid overpaying for sourced parts. To learn more about aPriori and its product cost management solutions and services, visit www.apriori.com or call 1.978.371.2006.
aPriori and aPriori Technologies are registered trademarks of aPriori Technologies Inc. All other trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks belong to their respective holders.
Vice President, Marketing
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: aPriori Technologies via Globenewswire
Om Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
+1 212 401 8700http://www.nasdaqomx.com
NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Nasdaq Welcomes Dropbox, Inc. (Nasdaq: DBX) to The Nasdaq Stock Market23.3.2018 19:52 | Pressemelding
NEW YORK, March 23, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Dropbox, Inc. (Nasdaq:DBX), a leading global collaboration platform, visited the Nasdaq MarketSite in Times Square today in celebration of its initial public offering (IPO) on The Nasdaq Stock Market. Founded in 2007, Dropbox serves more than 500 million registered users across 180 countries. Over the past decade, Dropbox has pioneered the worldwide adoption of file sync and share software and has expanded its product capabilities to help users do their best work. Today, 80% of its 11 million paying customers use Dropbox for work. "Today we're taking an important step in our journey. I'm so grateful to all of our customers and our incredible team for getting us here," said Drew Houston, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer. "Nasdaq has always championed innovation and entrepreneurship, and we're thrilled to partner with them as we become a public company." "For more than a decade, Dropbox has transformed how people around the world access
Barings Alternative Investments Expands Aviation Investment Platform Through Partnership with Genesis Aircraft Services23.3.2018 15:00 | Pressemelding
CHARLOTTE, N.C., March 23, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barings Alternative Investments, part of Barings LLC, one of the world's leading financial services firms, announced today the expansion of its aircraft leasing platform on behalf of the firm's institutional fund clients through Genesis Aircraft Services Limited. To facilitate new aircraft acquisitions on behalf of Barings' clients, Genesis will increase existing capabilities to now include all commercial, technical, portfolio and legal management functions required of a full-service premier owner and lessor of commercial aircraft. As part of its increased capabilities, Karl Griffin will join Genesis as Chief Commercial & Investment Officer and will also be appointed to the Genesis Board of Directors effective May 2018; Anna Reimers will join Genesis as Chief Legal Officer; and John McMahon will be appointed to Genesis' Board as an independent director. Griffin is currently the Chief Operating Officer at DAE Capital, an aircraft leasi
Agrisolutions Acquires Trinity23.3.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
HAMILTON, Ontario, March 23, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Venanpri Group's Agrisolutions division, which services the global agricultural marketplace with its Ingersoll and Bellota brands, announced today the acquisition of Trinity Logistics Corporation ("Trinity"). Based in the U.S., Trinity provides supply-chain solutions relating to fasteners and other components to leading global OEMs that produce mission critical machinery for the agricultural and construction end markets. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Headquartered in Davenport, Iowa, Trinity has established ten strategically located service facilities throughout the United States. Trinity specializes in the supply of standard and custom components through vendor managed inventory programs and other arrangements tailored to customer needs. Trinity utilizes its industry leading technology to improve the flow of products, services and information across the supply chain resulting in excellence in the operations of it
Comodo CA Sees 35 Percent Year-Over-Year Increase in EV Certificates22.3.2018 15:47 | Pressemelding
EV SSL will be a topic of discussion at the Comodo CA booth during RSA 2018 CLIFTON, N.J., March 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Comodo CA, a worldwide leader in digital identity solutions, will address evolving cyberthreats and the increasing importance Extended Validation (EV) TLS/SSL certificates play in securing websites and inspiring consumer trust at the RSA Conference 2018, San Francisco, April 16 - 20. According to the Feb 2018 Netcraft report, Comodo CA has seen a 35 percent year-over-year increase of EV certificate units* making it one of the fastest growing providers of high assurance certificates. The volume of EV certificates globally also saw a record year in 2017 as more and more businesses adopt EV as standard practice for their websites. The demand for stronger, more secure EV certificates comes in the wake of increased phishing websites using Domain Validated (DV) certificates. Phishing websites imitate legitimate websites to steal customers' funds and identities. Phishi
CBT Pharmaceuticals to Grow Immuno-Oncology Pipeline by License Agreement of CrownBio CTLA-4 Antibody22.3.2018 14:43 | Pressemelding
SAN DIEGO, March 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Crown Bioscience, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Crown Bioscience International (TWSE:6554) and a global drug discovery and development services company providing translational platforms to advance oncology, inflammation, cardiovascular and metabolic disease research, announced today a strategic licensing agreement with CBT Pharmaceuticals (CBT), a U.S. and China-based innovative biopharmaceutical company committed to becoming a leader in the discovery and development of oncology combination therapies. The agreement gives CBT exclusive world-wide development and commercialization rights to a novel, recombinant, human monoclonal antibody which targets a differentiated epitope on the cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4) molecule. Binding of this antibody to CTLA-4 blocks the interaction of CTLA-4 with its ligands CD80/CD86 thus allowing the cytotoxic T cells to function actively. Under the terms of this global licensing agreement, CBT gain
Cloudflare Announces Mobile SDK to Monitor Network Performance for Applications22.3.2018 14:00 | Pressemelding
New free solution delivers network analytics to any mobile app developer SAN FRANCISCO, March 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cloudflare, the leading Internet performance and security company, today announced the Cloudflare Mobile SDK, a free solution that enables any mobile app developer to understand network performance and metrics. Consumers are frustrated by mobile apps that are slow, crash, or deliver errors that degrade the user experience. For mobile app developers, a bad user experience means poor reviews, lower engagement, and reduced conversion on business metrics. Delivering consistent app performance requires focusing on every link in the chain: app code, network calls between the app and edge networks, and server infrastructure. There are a number of solutions that give developers analytics on their applications, but there has never been a way for app developers to understand how often their apps fail due to network errors. App developers easily integrate the Cloudflare Mobil
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom