ExaGrid Reports Record Bookings and Revenue for Q3-2018
ExaGrid®, a leading provider of hyper-converged secondary storage for backup, today announced record Q3 bookings and revenue for Q3 2018. ExaGrid grew at a rate of 30% over the same quarter of the prior year, continuing its trend of progressive growth at a faster rate than that of the overall market and resulting in progressive market share gain. The company also continued its up-market trajectory, attracting increasing numbers of enterprise customers with hundreds of terabytes to petabytes of data to be backed up.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181004005646/en/
An ExaGrid system comprised of 3 EX63000E appliances. (Photo: Business Wire)
“This was our best bookings and revenue quarter in the history of the company,” said Bill Andrews, CEO and President of ExaGrid. “We are continuing to replace old and expensive systems – including Dell EMC Data Domain, HPE StoreOnce, and many other deduplication solutions – that are slow for backups due to inline deduplication and are slow for restores as they only store deduplicated data.”
In addition to record Q3 bookings and revenue, ExaGrid achieved the following:
- A Net Promoter Survey of ExaGrid’s customers yielded a Net Promoter Score of +73, considered to be “excellent” by Net Promoter standards. This customer loyalty metric measures how likely existing customers are to recommend a vendor’s product or service to a colleague.
- ExaGrid is relocating its corporate offices at the end of 2018 in order to better accommodate the company’s growing engineering, IT, customer support, inside sales, marketing, finance, and executive staff.
A sampling of the company’s many key global customer wins in Q3
- Fast response to Hurricane Florence – A large US-based provider of medical practice management services and technology has a North Carolina-based client – a practice located in the path of Hurricane Florence, a monster storm that hit the Carolina coast in early September. ExaGrid’s customer contacted ExaGrid, urgently requesting 400TB of capacity plus landing zone for its client practice. Shipped that day and installed the next in North Carolina, the system was used to back up the practice’s data, was de-installed, and was shipped to its out-of-state data center that evening for disaster recovery.
- A global manufacturer of metal components for mining and construction, previously using Dell EMC Data Domain and NetWorker, was facing a rip-and-replace of their existing system. Over the incumbents – as well as Cohesity – customer opted for a combined ExaGrid and Veeam dual-site solution for both onsite backups as well as offsite disaster recovery protection.
- Located in France, an association of private hospitals chose ExaGrid over HPE StoreOnce due to ExaGrid’s integration with Veeam and its lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- A Mexican telecommunications company was faced with a data center move and decided that ExaGrid – due to its unique landing zone – would provide them with the speed and flexibility they needed for this project as well as future backup and disaster recovery requirements.
- A Swiss social insurance company replaced HPE StoreOnce after an impressive head-to-head proof of concept (POC).
- A Middle Eastern insurer located in Oman was faced with more stringent backup retention requirements to maintain its compliance under the Islamic Shari’a framework. Customer chose ExaGrid over HPE StoreOnce for ExaGrid’s seamless scalability to ensure continued retention compliance as data volumes increase.
- A Canadian managed services provider replaced HPE Data Protector and Avamar with Veeam, and replaced HPE StoreOnce and Dell EMC Data Domain with ExaGrid. These selections were made over the incumbent solutions (as well as Commvault and Veritas) due to Veeam-ExaGrid’s unmatched scalability and superior performance.
- The German subsidiary of an eminent global defense company is replacing HPE Data Protector with Veeam, and its tape library with ExaGrid due to ExaGrid’s aggressive deduplication and its unsurpassed integration with Veeam.
- A European salt mine that produces five million tons of salt annually chose ExaGrid to replace its HPE disk. Among the many features and benefits, ExaGrid’s unique landing zone was ultimately the deciding factor.
- Longer-term retention requirements prompted a South African high-grade manganese mining company to compare the cost of using ExaGrid for backup storage to standard primary disk storage. ExaGrid’s data deduplication approach was a fraction of the cost of standard disk.
- The 2nd largest coal producer in the eastern U.S. replaced HPE StoreOnce and Quantum with ExaGrid. Customer’s POC showed superior performance with ExaGrid and Veeam against the incumbent vendors as well as Rubrik.
- The company continues its global expansion with the addition of field sales teams in EMEA, APAC, and Latin America.
“Customers have used the first generation of deduplication appliances for years and have hit the wall because inline deduplication is slow and does not scale” said Andrews. “ExaGrid now offers the largest system in the industry – one that can take in up to a 2PB full backup at up to 432TB/hr., which is 3X faster than its closest competitor.”
Unlike first generation deduplication solutions that were either built into a backup application media server or into a scale-up storage appliance, ExaGrid delivers the backup industry’s only true scale-out architecture with data deduplication. It is typically half the cost of the large brand solutions and also improves backup and restore performance by combining zone-level deduplication, adaptive deduplication, global deduplication, and a unique landing zone.
As the market matures, customers are understanding the performance degradation that data deduplication can have on backup unless a solution is intentionally architected to prevent any such impact. All deduplication solutions reduce storage and WAN bandwidth to a degree, but only ExaGrid solves the three inherent compute problems to achieve faster backups, restores, and VM boots by leveraging its unique landing zone, adaptive deduplication, and scale-out architecture.
“First generation deduplication solutions can be cost prohibitive for backup storage and are also slow for backups, restores, and VM boots, which is why over 80% of ExaGrid’s newly-acquired customers are replacing Dell EMC Data Domain, HP StoreOnce, Commvault Deduplication, and the Veritas 5200/5300 series of appliances with ExaGrid,” Andrews said.
All backup storage vendors reduce storage and bandwidth to varying degrees but provide slow ingest rates because they perform data deduplication ‘inline.’ In addition, because they only store deduplicated data, restore speeds and VM boots are also very slow. Because ExaGrid has eliminated the three compute challenges inherent to backup storage with data deduplication, ExaGrid’s ingest rate is 6X faster - and restores/VM boots are up to 20X faster - than its closest competitor. Unlike the first generation vendors that only add capacity as data grows, ExaGrid appliances add compute with capacity, ensuring that the backup window remains fixed in length. Only ExaGrid uses a scale-out architecture with a unique loading zone, which holistically addresses all of the scalability and performance challenges of backup storage.
ExaGrid’s published customer success stories and enterprise stories number over 350, more than all other vendors in the space combined. These include a two-page narrative and customer quote, demonstrating how satisfied customers are with ExaGrid’s unique architectural approach, differentiated product, and unrivalled customer support. Customers consistently state that not only is the product best-in-class, but ‘it just works.’
ExaGrid provides hyper-converged secondary storage for backup with data deduplication, a unique landing zone, and scale-out architecture. ExaGrid’s landing zone provides for the fastest backups, restores, and instant VM recoveries. Its scale-out architecture includes full appliances in a scale-out system and ensures a fixed-length backup window as data grows, eliminating expensive forklift upgrades. Visit us at www.exagrid.com or on LinkedIn. See what ExaGrid customers have to say about their own ExaGrid experiences and why they now spend significantly less time on backup.
ExaGrid is a registered trademark of ExaGrid Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
Christine Murphy, 508-898-2872 x248
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Three Finalists Selected Following GA-ASI’s Blue Magic Belgium Event15.6.2019 11:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Three finalists have been selected from GA-ASI’s Blue Magic Belgium event with the goal of supporting GA-ASI and the development of MQ-9B SkyGuardian Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) for Belgium. The three Belgian companies selected are AIRobot, ALX Systems, and Hexagon. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190615005003/en/ "We were very impressed by the many talented companies and particularly by the innovative concepts presented by these three finalists," said Linden Blue, CEO, GA-ASI. (Photo: Business Wire) AIRobot, a company based at DronePort in Sint Truiden, Belgium, focuses on developing drone performance equipment for easy, precise and safe professional operations, while specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI) for processing hyper-spectral imagery. ALX Systems is an Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) solution provider based in Liège, Belgium and specializing in AI for processing Full Motion Video. Hexagon’s
World’s First E-Money License for Blockchains Issued to Monerium15.6.2019 08:35:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Monerium ehf. has received a license from the Financial Supervisory Authority of Iceland to issue e-money on blockchains through its subsidiary, Monerium EMI ehf. The full license is the world’s first e-money license for blockchains issued under EU e-money regulations. The license is passportable within the largest global economic zone, the European Economic Area, and to external jurisdictions subject to regulatory approval and destination country regulations. Designed as a digital alternative to cash, e-money is a proven framework for digital fiat currency already in use for pre-paid cards and mobile wallets. By issuing e-money on blockchains, Monerium removes the need for intermediaries and provides the ability to automate financial transactions in many sectors, including payments, trade finance, securities settlement, and ecommerce. At the same time, e-money on blockchains extends Satoshi Nakamoto’s vision of online peer-to-peer currency transactions to a regulated form of digital f
Mattel® Unveils Hot Wheels™ id, Groundbreaking New Play System Bringing Together Physical and Digital Play, Available Exclusively at Apple.com, Select Apple Stores and on the App Store14.6.2019 13:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAT) today announced the launch of Hot Wheels id, the evolution of the beloved brand that generations of kids have played with to ignite their challenger spirit. Through innovative vehicle play, Hot Wheels id brings together physical and digital in a Mixed Play experience with uniquely identifiable vehicles, a smart Race Portal, Smart Track, and digital hub, so you can build your personalized fleet, measure your performance, and compete like never before. Hot Wheels id is available starting June 14th exclusively at Apple.com, select Apple stores and on the App Store. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190614005084/en/ Hot Wheels Race Portal™ scans your Hot Wheels id vehicles into the app, tracks speed and counts laps via infrared sensors, and easily connects with your classic Hot Wheels track. (Photo: Business Wire) For the first time in history, kids can scan their Hot Wheels id cars digita
S BLOCK Co-host With World Blockchain Forum Singapore & World Blockchain Award Asia14.6.2019 12:45:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Asia's highly anticipated blockchain event World Blockchain Forum · Singapore & World Blockchain Award · Asia will be held on June 22-23, 2019 at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. The conference will bring together more than 4,000 global elites from government, associations, regulatory agencies, investment institutions, blockchain project parties, financial technology, and media to discuss industry trends and innovations, jointly recognizing industry pioneers and contributions to promote the industry and achieve healthy and rapid development! The World Blockchain Forum Singapore & World Blockchain Award Asia will be co-hosted by S BLOCK. As a fast-growing digital asset management platform, S BLOCK was developed for the blockchain industry. This rapidly growing platform aims to serve the digital financial ecosystem and aims to commercialize by the end of 2019. The slogan of S BLOCK is “unleash your digital asset.” The platform also provides investors access to mainstream cryptocurrenci
Janssen Reports Top-Line Phase 3 Results for TREMFYA® (guselkumab) in Adults with Active Psoriatic Arthritis14.6.2019 11:39:00 CEST | Pressemelding
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson today announced top-line results from the Phase 3 DISCOVER 1 and 2 studies, which evaluated the efficacy and safety of guselkumab compared to placebo in adult patients with active moderate to severe psoriatic arthritis (PsA). Both studies met their primary endpoints of American College of Rheumatology 20% improvement (ACR20), and the safety profiles observed for guselkumab in the DISCOVER programme were consistent with previous studies of guselkumab and current prescribing information.1 The DISCOVER programme comprises the first-ever Phase 3 studies evaluating an IL-23 p19 inhibitor for the treatment of psoriatic arthritis, and data will be presented at upcoming scientific medical meetings. Data from the two DISCOVER studies will serve as the basis of submissions to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and European Medicines Agency seeking approval of guselkumab as a treatment for psoriatic arthritis, which are anticipated for
Velodyne Features Advanced Lidar for Port Terminal Automation at TOC Europe14.6.2019 10:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Velodyne Lidar, Inc. (Stand A50) will demonstrate how its smart, powerful lidar solutions can advance port terminal automation at TOC Europe in Rotterdam, 18-20 June. Velodyne will highlight customer applications that show how its lidar sensors can be used in crane steering, container handling, internal terminal vehicles (ITV), automated guided vehicles (AGV), forklifts, and terminal security/yard monitoring systems. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190614005040/en/ DGWorld solutions demonstrate how Velodyne’s intelligent lidar sensors are helping port and terminal operators deliver consistent service quality and achieve increased safety. (Photo: Business Wire) DGWorld (Stand B21A), a Dubai-based Velodyne integrator, will showcase autonomous taxis, ITVs, AGVs, and terminal operation vehicles that use Velodyne lidar sensors to run autonomously. These vehicles use advanced artificial intelligence (AI), automation