ExaGrid Reports Record Bookings and Revenue for Q3-2018
ExaGrid®, a leading provider of hyper-converged secondary storage for backup, today announced record Q3 bookings and revenue for Q3 2018. ExaGrid grew at a rate of 30% over the same quarter of the prior year, continuing its trend of progressive growth at a faster rate than that of the overall market and resulting in progressive market share gain. The company also continued its up-market trajectory, attracting increasing numbers of enterprise customers with hundreds of terabytes to petabytes of data to be backed up.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181004005646/en/
An ExaGrid system comprised of 3 EX63000E appliances. (Photo: Business Wire)
“This was our best bookings and revenue quarter in the history of the company,” said Bill Andrews, CEO and President of ExaGrid. “We are continuing to replace old and expensive systems – including Dell EMC Data Domain, HPE StoreOnce, and many other deduplication solutions – that are slow for backups due to inline deduplication and are slow for restores as they only store deduplicated data.”
In addition to record Q3 bookings and revenue, ExaGrid achieved the following:
- A Net Promoter Survey of ExaGrid’s customers yielded a Net Promoter Score of +73, considered to be “excellent” by Net Promoter standards. This customer loyalty metric measures how likely existing customers are to recommend a vendor’s product or service to a colleague.
- ExaGrid is relocating its corporate offices at the end of 2018 in order to better accommodate the company’s growing engineering, IT, customer support, inside sales, marketing, finance, and executive staff.
A sampling of the company’s many key global customer wins in Q3
- Fast response to Hurricane Florence – A large US-based provider of medical practice management services and technology has a North Carolina-based client – a practice located in the path of Hurricane Florence, a monster storm that hit the Carolina coast in early September. ExaGrid’s customer contacted ExaGrid, urgently requesting 400TB of capacity plus landing zone for its client practice. Shipped that day and installed the next in North Carolina, the system was used to back up the practice’s data, was de-installed, and was shipped to its out-of-state data center that evening for disaster recovery.
- A global manufacturer of metal components for mining and construction, previously using Dell EMC Data Domain and NetWorker, was facing a rip-and-replace of their existing system. Over the incumbents – as well as Cohesity – customer opted for a combined ExaGrid and Veeam dual-site solution for both onsite backups as well as offsite disaster recovery protection.
- Located in France, an association of private hospitals chose ExaGrid over HPE StoreOnce due to ExaGrid’s integration with Veeam and its lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- A Mexican telecommunications company was faced with a data center move and decided that ExaGrid – due to its unique landing zone – would provide them with the speed and flexibility they needed for this project as well as future backup and disaster recovery requirements.
- A Swiss social insurance company replaced HPE StoreOnce after an impressive head-to-head proof of concept (POC).
- A Middle Eastern insurer located in Oman was faced with more stringent backup retention requirements to maintain its compliance under the Islamic Shari’a framework. Customer chose ExaGrid over HPE StoreOnce for ExaGrid’s seamless scalability to ensure continued retention compliance as data volumes increase.
- A Canadian managed services provider replaced HPE Data Protector and Avamar with Veeam, and replaced HPE StoreOnce and Dell EMC Data Domain with ExaGrid. These selections were made over the incumbent solutions (as well as Commvault and Veritas) due to Veeam-ExaGrid’s unmatched scalability and superior performance.
- The German subsidiary of an eminent global defense company is replacing HPE Data Protector with Veeam, and its tape library with ExaGrid due to ExaGrid’s aggressive deduplication and its unsurpassed integration with Veeam.
- A European salt mine that produces five million tons of salt annually chose ExaGrid to replace its HPE disk. Among the many features and benefits, ExaGrid’s unique landing zone was ultimately the deciding factor.
- Longer-term retention requirements prompted a South African high-grade manganese mining company to compare the cost of using ExaGrid for backup storage to standard primary disk storage. ExaGrid’s data deduplication approach was a fraction of the cost of standard disk.
- The 2nd largest coal producer in the eastern U.S. replaced HPE StoreOnce and Quantum with ExaGrid. Customer’s POC showed superior performance with ExaGrid and Veeam against the incumbent vendors as well as Rubrik.
- The company continues its global expansion with the addition of field sales teams in EMEA, APAC, and Latin America.
“Customers have used the first generation of deduplication appliances for years and have hit the wall because inline deduplication is slow and does not scale” said Andrews. “ExaGrid now offers the largest system in the industry – one that can take in up to a 2PB full backup at up to 432TB/hr., which is 3X faster than its closest competitor.”
Unlike first generation deduplication solutions that were either built into a backup application media server or into a scale-up storage appliance, ExaGrid delivers the backup industry’s only true scale-out architecture with data deduplication. It is typically half the cost of the large brand solutions and also improves backup and restore performance by combining zone-level deduplication, adaptive deduplication, global deduplication, and a unique landing zone.
As the market matures, customers are understanding the performance degradation that data deduplication can have on backup unless a solution is intentionally architected to prevent any such impact. All deduplication solutions reduce storage and WAN bandwidth to a degree, but only ExaGrid solves the three inherent compute problems to achieve faster backups, restores, and VM boots by leveraging its unique landing zone, adaptive deduplication, and scale-out architecture.
“First generation deduplication solutions can be cost prohibitive for backup storage and are also slow for backups, restores, and VM boots, which is why over 80% of ExaGrid’s newly-acquired customers are replacing Dell EMC Data Domain, HP StoreOnce, Commvault Deduplication, and the Veritas 5200/5300 series of appliances with ExaGrid,” Andrews said.
All backup storage vendors reduce storage and bandwidth to varying degrees but provide slow ingest rates because they perform data deduplication ‘inline.’ In addition, because they only store deduplicated data, restore speeds and VM boots are also very slow. Because ExaGrid has eliminated the three compute challenges inherent to backup storage with data deduplication, ExaGrid’s ingest rate is 6X faster - and restores/VM boots are up to 20X faster - than its closest competitor. Unlike the first generation vendors that only add capacity as data grows, ExaGrid appliances add compute with capacity, ensuring that the backup window remains fixed in length. Only ExaGrid uses a scale-out architecture with a unique loading zone, which holistically addresses all of the scalability and performance challenges of backup storage.
ExaGrid’s published customer success stories and enterprise stories number over 350, more than all other vendors in the space combined. These include a two-page narrative and customer quote, demonstrating how satisfied customers are with ExaGrid’s unique architectural approach, differentiated product, and unrivalled customer support. Customers consistently state that not only is the product best-in-class, but ‘it just works.’
ExaGrid provides hyper-converged secondary storage for backup with data deduplication, a unique landing zone, and scale-out architecture. ExaGrid’s landing zone provides for the fastest backups, restores, and instant VM recoveries. Its scale-out architecture includes full appliances in a scale-out system and ensures a fixed-length backup window as data grows, eliminating expensive forklift upgrades. Visit us at www.exagrid.com or on LinkedIn. See what ExaGrid customers have to say about their own ExaGrid experiences and why they now spend significantly less time on backup.
ExaGrid is a registered trademark of ExaGrid Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
Christine Murphy, 508-898-2872 x248
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Blue Danube Systems Enhances BeamPlanner™ Software Including Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Capabilities21.2.2019 20:00:00 | Pressemelding
Blue Danube Systems, a provider of intelligent wireless access solutions that help mobile operators address the challenge of explosive data growth, is today announcing new capabilities into its BeamPlanner™ cloud software suite. BeamPlanner is the world’s first network planning and optimization tool for beamforming antenna systems. With the new and enhanced artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) functionalities, BeamPlanner becomes the automated platform for network-wide operation of Blue Danube’s Coherent Massive MIMO systems. BeamPlanner utilizes an intelligent analytics-based, data-driven multi-site optimization engine that now has been enhanced with 3D ray tracing capabilities for improved prediction results accuracy. The simulation platform provides actionable beamforming recommendations and expected capacity results matching the real-world performance results validated through drive tests, network statistics data and standard key performance indicators (KPIs). In
Recipients of HCL GRANT 2019 Felicitated by Amitabh Kant & Sourav Ganguly21.2.2019 19:06:00 | Pressemelding
Mr. Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Aayog and Mr. Sourav Ganguly, Former captain of the Indian National Cricket Team felicitated the winners of HCL Grant 2019 at a ceremony held today at HCL Technologies Campus, Noida, in the presence of Mr. Shiv Nadar, Founder & Chairman, HCL, Ms. Roshni Nadar Malhotra, Vice Chairperson, HCL Technologies and Chairperson, CSR Committee, HCL Technologies, along with senior dignitaries, bureaucrats, NGO-partners and the HCL leadership. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190221005822/en/ L to R - Ms. Roshni Nadar Malhotra, Vice Chairperson, HCL Technologies and Chairperson, CSR Committee, HCL Technologies; Mr. Sourav Ganguly, Former Captain of Indian National Cricket Team; Mr. Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog and Ms. Robin Abrams, former president of Palm Computing and longest-serving Board member of HCL Technologies along with the HCL Grant 2019 recipients - Environment - Wildlife Trust of In
International Indigenous Languages Conference Set for June in British Columbia21.2.2019 17:48:00 | Pressemelding
In celebration of the United Nations 2019 International Year of Indigenous Languages, the First Peoples’ Cultural Foundation (FPCF) and the First Peoples’ Cultural Council (FPCC), in partnership with the Canadian Commission for UNESCO, will host a major international conference on Indigenous language revitalization in British Columbia this summer. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190221005758/en/ WHAT: The HELISET TŦE SḰÁL – ‘Let the Languages Live’ – 2019 International Conference on Indigenous Languages will bring together Indigenous leaders and language experts, speakers, learners and advocates from around the globe to celebrate, honour and share expertise in Indigenous language reclamation, revitalization and maintenance and to learn about successful language projects in B.C. The goal of the conference is to provide participants with practical skills and knowledge to support the Indigenous language revitaliz
Axilum Robotics Announces U.S. FDA 510(k) Clearance for TMS-Cobot21.2.2019 17:00:00 | Pressemelding
Axilum Robotics, specializing in the development of medical robots, announces that, 2 weeks after the CE mark, the Company has received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to market the TMS-Cobot TS MV, indicated for the spatial positioning and orientation of the treatment coil of the MagVenture TMS Therapy system. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190221005667/en/ Axilum Robotics TMS-Cobot (Photo: Business Wire) After having successfully developed and launched outside of the United States (OUS) the TMS-Robot, the first robot designed to assist health care professionals in delivering Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), based on an invention of ICube laboratory in Strasbourg, Axilum Robotics has reinforced its expertise in medical robotics with the development of a new platform based on collaborative robot technology. TMS-Cobot, the first medical device built on this platform, allows
myPOS Presented with Best POS Innovation Award by the Merchant Payment Ecosystem21.2.2019 14:57:00 | Pressemelding
myPOS, one of the fastest growing European payment providers was handed the Best POS Innovation/POS Software Payment Applications award for 2019 by the Merchant Payment Ecosystem (MPE) at a Gala Dinner ceremony in Berlin last night. Being known for offering instant settlement and no-monthly-fees model to SMEs across Europe, myPOS provides a range of innovative features on its payment devices, some of which include Tipping, Payment Request, Top-up and GiftCards. In addition, myPOS merchants are entitled to a whole range of subscription-free, value-added services such as Virtual MO/TO, PayLinks and PayButtons, Checkout module with the most popular shopping carts and more. myPOS clients are also given the opportunity to manage their funds with a free online account and a unique banking platform. The company got nominated in two categories: Best POS Innovation and Best Acquirer of the year, but ultimately won the Best POS Innovation award. "We accept this award with gratitude and appreciat
New Release Crea Records: "ABBA We Love You Forever"21.2.2019 14:44:00 | Pressemelding
Not many people on this earth can say that they have never heard of ABBA. In addition to the wonderful voices of Agnetha Fältskog and Anni-Fried Lyngstad, the musicians, Björn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson have written the most wonderful songs, not only composed with charm and elegance, but also so breathtakingly beautiful and unforgettable that they will always resonate. For the Danish singer, BILLBOARD Hot 100 artist, composer and lyricist, Lecia Jonsson, ABBA has been much more than an inspiration. Lecia shared the same melodic universe as ABBA, making her mark with many records as part of duo LECIA & LUCIENNE. Later, as part of another duo, LABAN, Lecia entered BILLBOARD HOT 100 in the United States, had releases in 48 countries worldwide, and sold more than 1.5 million albums. Lecia’s identity is formed by her pure voice and her great sense for writing unique songs filled with a great melodic substance. If anyone should write a song to honour ABBA’s music, Lecia is definitely the pe