ExaGrid Reports Record Bookings and Revenue for Q3-2018
ExaGrid®, a leading provider of hyper-converged secondary storage for backup, today announced record Q3 bookings and revenue for Q3 2018. ExaGrid grew at a rate of 30% over the same quarter of the prior year, continuing its trend of progressive growth at a faster rate than that of the overall market and resulting in progressive market share gain. The company also continued its up-market trajectory, attracting increasing numbers of enterprise customers with hundreds of terabytes to petabytes of data to be backed up.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181004005646/en/
An ExaGrid system comprised of 3 EX63000E appliances. (Photo: Business Wire)
“This was our best bookings and revenue quarter in the history of the company,” said Bill Andrews, CEO and President of ExaGrid. “We are continuing to replace old and expensive systems – including Dell EMC Data Domain, HPE StoreOnce, and many other deduplication solutions – that are slow for backups due to inline deduplication and are slow for restores as they only store deduplicated data.”
In addition to record Q3 bookings and revenue, ExaGrid achieved the following:
- A Net Promoter Survey of ExaGrid’s customers yielded a Net Promoter Score of +73, considered to be “excellent” by Net Promoter standards. This customer loyalty metric measures how likely existing customers are to recommend a vendor’s product or service to a colleague.
- ExaGrid is relocating its corporate offices at the end of 2018 in order to better accommodate the company’s growing engineering, IT, customer support, inside sales, marketing, finance, and executive staff.
A sampling of the company’s many key global customer wins in Q3
- Fast response to Hurricane Florence – A large US-based provider of medical practice management services and technology has a North Carolina-based client – a practice located in the path of Hurricane Florence, a monster storm that hit the Carolina coast in early September. ExaGrid’s customer contacted ExaGrid, urgently requesting 400TB of capacity plus landing zone for its client practice. Shipped that day and installed the next in North Carolina, the system was used to back up the practice’s data, was de-installed, and was shipped to its out-of-state data center that evening for disaster recovery.
- A global manufacturer of metal components for mining and construction, previously using Dell EMC Data Domain and NetWorker, was facing a rip-and-replace of their existing system. Over the incumbents – as well as Cohesity – customer opted for a combined ExaGrid and Veeam dual-site solution for both onsite backups as well as offsite disaster recovery protection.
- Located in France, an association of private hospitals chose ExaGrid over HPE StoreOnce due to ExaGrid’s integration with Veeam and its lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- A Mexican telecommunications company was faced with a data center move and decided that ExaGrid – due to its unique landing zone – would provide them with the speed and flexibility they needed for this project as well as future backup and disaster recovery requirements.
- A Swiss social insurance company replaced HPE StoreOnce after an impressive head-to-head proof of concept (POC).
- A Middle Eastern insurer located in Oman was faced with more stringent backup retention requirements to maintain its compliance under the Islamic Shari’a framework. Customer chose ExaGrid over HPE StoreOnce for ExaGrid’s seamless scalability to ensure continued retention compliance as data volumes increase.
- A Canadian managed services provider replaced HPE Data Protector and Avamar with Veeam, and replaced HPE StoreOnce and Dell EMC Data Domain with ExaGrid. These selections were made over the incumbent solutions (as well as Commvault and Veritas) due to Veeam-ExaGrid’s unmatched scalability and superior performance.
- The German subsidiary of an eminent global defense company is replacing HPE Data Protector with Veeam, and its tape library with ExaGrid due to ExaGrid’s aggressive deduplication and its unsurpassed integration with Veeam.
- A European salt mine that produces five million tons of salt annually chose ExaGrid to replace its HPE disk. Among the many features and benefits, ExaGrid’s unique landing zone was ultimately the deciding factor.
- Longer-term retention requirements prompted a South African high-grade manganese mining company to compare the cost of using ExaGrid for backup storage to standard primary disk storage. ExaGrid’s data deduplication approach was a fraction of the cost of standard disk.
- The 2nd largest coal producer in the eastern U.S. replaced HPE StoreOnce and Quantum with ExaGrid. Customer’s POC showed superior performance with ExaGrid and Veeam against the incumbent vendors as well as Rubrik.
- The company continues its global expansion with the addition of field sales teams in EMEA, APAC, and Latin America.
“Customers have used the first generation of deduplication appliances for years and have hit the wall because inline deduplication is slow and does not scale” said Andrews. “ExaGrid now offers the largest system in the industry – one that can take in up to a 2PB full backup at up to 432TB/hr., which is 3X faster than its closest competitor.”
Unlike first generation deduplication solutions that were either built into a backup application media server or into a scale-up storage appliance, ExaGrid delivers the backup industry’s only true scale-out architecture with data deduplication. It is typically half the cost of the large brand solutions and also improves backup and restore performance by combining zone-level deduplication, adaptive deduplication, global deduplication, and a unique landing zone.
As the market matures, customers are understanding the performance degradation that data deduplication can have on backup unless a solution is intentionally architected to prevent any such impact. All deduplication solutions reduce storage and WAN bandwidth to a degree, but only ExaGrid solves the three inherent compute problems to achieve faster backups, restores, and VM boots by leveraging its unique landing zone, adaptive deduplication, and scale-out architecture.
“First generation deduplication solutions can be cost prohibitive for backup storage and are also slow for backups, restores, and VM boots, which is why over 80% of ExaGrid’s newly-acquired customers are replacing Dell EMC Data Domain, HP StoreOnce, Commvault Deduplication, and the Veritas 5200/5300 series of appliances with ExaGrid,” Andrews said.
All backup storage vendors reduce storage and bandwidth to varying degrees but provide slow ingest rates because they perform data deduplication ‘inline.’ In addition, because they only store deduplicated data, restore speeds and VM boots are also very slow. Because ExaGrid has eliminated the three compute challenges inherent to backup storage with data deduplication, ExaGrid’s ingest rate is 6X faster - and restores/VM boots are up to 20X faster - than its closest competitor. Unlike the first generation vendors that only add capacity as data grows, ExaGrid appliances add compute with capacity, ensuring that the backup window remains fixed in length. Only ExaGrid uses a scale-out architecture with a unique loading zone, which holistically addresses all of the scalability and performance challenges of backup storage.
ExaGrid’s published customer success stories and enterprise stories number over 350, more than all other vendors in the space combined. These include a two-page narrative and customer quote, demonstrating how satisfied customers are with ExaGrid’s unique architectural approach, differentiated product, and unrivalled customer support. Customers consistently state that not only is the product best-in-class, but ‘it just works.’
ExaGrid provides hyper-converged secondary storage for backup with data deduplication, a unique landing zone, and scale-out architecture. ExaGrid’s landing zone provides for the fastest backups, restores, and instant VM recoveries. Its scale-out architecture includes full appliances in a scale-out system and ensures a fixed-length backup window as data grows, eliminating expensive forklift upgrades. Visit us at www.exagrid.com or on LinkedIn. See what ExaGrid customers have to say about their own ExaGrid experiences and why they now spend significantly less time on backup.
ExaGrid is a registered trademark of ExaGrid Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
Christine Murphy, 508-898-2872 x248
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
EASA Approves AerTrak ADS-B Out System for Boeing 737 NG Series Aircraft23.10.2018 21:47 | Pressemelding
AerSale ®, a global supplier of mid-life aircraft, engines, used serviceable material, and MRO services, announced today that the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) has approved the company’s AerTrak™ ADS-B Out system on Boeing 737 NG series aircraft (10065422). Earlier this year, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved AerTrak for Boeing 737 NG series aircraft (ST04009NY) and Boeing 757-200 series aircraft (ST04011NY) to comply with the FAA’s Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) Operations rule. The Boeing 757-200 series aircraft Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) is now pending EASA and National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil (ANAC) validation. “With this validation, we demonstrate our commitment to our European customer base,” said Iso Nezaj, Chief Technical Officer at AerSale. “Operators can now choose a fully-compliant ADS-B Out system visible to all—with no certification fees. We’re working to expand AerTrak to cover additional aircraft types and lo
Greene Tweed Receives Patent for Rapid Gas Decompression-Resistant Fluoroelastomers and Molded Articles23.10.2018 21:00 | Pressemelding
The U.S. Patent Office has awarded Greene Tweed Patent Number 10,011,690 for Rapid Gas Decompression-Resistant Fluoroelastomer Compositions and Molded Articles. The innovative elastomer technology was developed by a team that included inventor Ron Campbell, PhD, Principal Scientist and Technology Leader for Elastomers in Greene Tweed’s Advanced Technology Group, to provide a competitive advantage in the Energy market and expand technology protected under a previous patent. Rapid gas decompression (RGD) often occurs when high-pressure gas molecules migrate into an elastomer at a compressed state. When the pressure surrounding the elastomer is suddenly released, the compressed gas inside the elastomer tries to expand and exit the elastomer, thus causing RGD (also known as explosive decompression). Most elastomers experience severe blistering or cracking when the force of these expanding gases overcome the strength of the surrounding material; however, materials engineered to withstand RG
Morinaga Milk Study Suggests Infant-Type Human-Residential Bifidobacteria May Benefit Infant Health by Improving Digestion of Peptides in Milk and Grains23.10.2018 18:00 | Pressemelding
Scientists at Morinaga Milk Industry Co., Ltd. (TOKYO:2264) have long theorized that Human-Residential Bifidobacteria (HRB) are superior to non-Human-Residential Bifidobacteria (non-HRB) in promoting good health outcomes. The results of a new study strengthen the evidence for this theory, showing that infant-type HRB may be able to break down incompletely digested peptides in the infants’ gastrointestinal systems and thus contribute to their overall health. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181023005015/en/ Fig 1. Food-derived opioid peptides are potential risk factors for human health (Graphic: Business Wire) Human-Residential Bifidobacteria for Humans Morinaga Milk has been conducting research on bifidobacteria for many years, and studies over the past decades have shown that bifidobacteria play a vital role in various aspects of human health. There are two major groups of bifidobacteria: Human-Residential Bif
myPOS Founder Christo Georgiev Announces Two Upcoming myPOS Stores in Barcelona and Paris23.10.2018 16:22 | Pressemelding
Christo Georgiev, fintech entrepreneur and founder of myPOS, has confirmed his intention to open two new flagship stores in major European cities by the end of the year. The opening is part of an initiative to bring the product closer to potential customers, giving them a hands-on experience and a live demonstration of what myPOS has to offer. The two new stores will be opened in Barcelona, Spain and Paris, France – two of the most important markets for myPOS. “Our Spanish and French customers have always placed a tremendous amount of trust in us, and we in turn have worked hard to justify it,” Georgiev says. “Opening physical locations in Barcelona and Paris is an extension of that relationship. It’s important to test a product with your own hands before you choose to trust it, and if that’s true for TVs and phones why can’t it apply to POS terminals?” The Barcelona store will open as soon as November, followed shortly by the Paris one before the end of the year. myPOS has already ope
Christo Georgiev Announces the Arrival of myPOS AppMarket23.10.2018 16:11 | Pressemelding
myPOS Europe Ltd., a leading card payments provider to small and medium-sized businesses in Europe, is introducing its own AppMarket – an innovative software platform for business applications that allows myPOS clients to find, download and use various apps for improved business performance. The development of myPOS AppMarket was driven by the necessity to meet the ever-changing business needs dictated by customer demand and behaviour. While the payment terminals myPOS offers come with a large number of innovative payments features, there are other business needs which remain uncaptured at the moment. myPOS founder Mr. Christo Georgiev says: “Individual businesses need a tailored approach when it comes to accepting payments for their services. Offering a fully customizable and complete omni-channel payments solution, which empowers businesses to stay agile, has always been in our foresight. Tapping into the familiarity of our everyday favourite device – the smartphone, pushed us even f
CNIM Presents a Rapid Version of The LCAT® Shore-to-Shore Featuring Unique Operational Capabilities23.10.2018 15:45 | Pressemelding
The L-CAT® Shore-to-shore presented by CNIM at Euronaval 2018 delivers a major increase in performance for amphibious missions. The L-CAT® Shore-to-shore has been upgrated since its launch 2 years ago. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181023005869/en/ CNIM's amphibious craft, the L-CAT® Shore-to-shore (Photo: CNIM) The L-CAT® Shore-to-shore is now the only vessel with the ability to transport 80 tonnes at 25 knots in conditions up to sea state 5, land in shallow water (~1m) and accommodate 42 passengers for long distance trips. Highly maneuvrable, the L-CAT® Shore-to-shore provides exceptional operational flexibility for amphibious assaults and humanitarian operations, without compromising between speed and payload. Its wide loading platform (145 m²), ability to travel up to 800 nautical miles when loaded, self-defence and communication capabilities are tactical advantages for the projection of Forces. Its spee