Cycas Hospitality Opens First Property Outside UK and Boosts Senior Development Team as Part of European Rollout
Cycas Hospitality, one of the largest branded extended-stay hotels operators in the UK, has demonstrated its commitment to European expansion by opening its first property in continental Europe and growing its acquisition and development team through three new appointments.
Cycas Hospitality has opened a dual-branded property under Marriott’s Moxy and Residence Inn brands. The hotels are located on Amsterdam’s western harbour front in the Houthavens area - the city’s emerging creative and fashion district. The hotels have been realised in collaboration with the developer Heren2, and will be managed by Cycas Hospitality under a franchise from Marriott International.
The opening of these hotels is the first step of Cycas’s ambitious plan to continue the rollout of extended-stay hotels throughout Europe. With a key focus on the United Kingdom, the Benelux countries, France and Germany, the extended-stay specialist’s ambition is to treble its number of guest rooms from 3,000 open and operating, or signed and in the pipeline, to more than 10,000 in the next five years.
In order to facilitate this growth, Cycas has expanded its development and acquisition team, which is led by Ms. Asli Kutlucan. The new team members are:
- Lisa Neubueser, who formerly worked for Dutch extended-stay brand Zoku International and was previously Director of Hotel Fund Management at Invesco Real Estate in London, where she oversaw a European hotel real estate portfolio of more than €1 billion. Lisa takes the role of Director of Development and Acquisition, expanding Cycas’s presence in Europe, starting with Germany.
- Nicole Perreten, who formerly worked with international hospitality consulting firm HVS and will lead the Cycas feasibility team as Head of Feasibility.
- Christos Georgiou, whose experience includes roles with Spitfire Capital Advisors, UBS and Nomura. Christos will be Business Development Manager, focusing on expansion in the UK and M&A transactions.
The expansion of the development and acquisition team follows a multi-million-Euro investment from Hua Kee in Cycas. The Thai family office and sizeable hotel owner and operator in Southeast Asia, Australia and Europe acquired a one-third share in Cycas, and its investment provides the business not only with additional working capital but also a co-investment partner and potential for future deals.
Cycas Hospitality’s turnover under management is forecast to treble over the next two years from €38 million to over €100 million, based purely on the business’s existing, secured and signed pipeline of hotels.
Eduard Elias, Partner & Co-founder at Cycas Hospitality, said:
“These new hotels, coupled with the expansion of our development and acquisition team, cement our position as the European leader in extended-stay accommodation and prepare us for further growth. With the capital in place to fund our ambitions and a bolstered team now on board to make them a reality, we are actively looking for new sites to operate across continental Europe, capitalising on increasing demand from travellers who value independence and flexibility.
“As well as launching our first hotels in continental Europe, this is the first time we have operated Marriott’s vibrant Moxy brand and we look forward to providing a warm welcome to guests in this exciting part of Amsterdam.”
Asli Kutlucan, Partner at Cycas Hospitality, said:
“Whereas extended stay is already established in the US, there is an enormous opportunity to expand this emerging asset class in Europe. I’m confident we’ve hired the best people in the business to ensure Cycas remains at the forefront of this rapidly evolving market and accelerate our international growth.”
The new hotels in Amsterdam Houthavens are Marriott’s second dual-branded property in Europe. The Moxy Amsterdam Houthavens offers 120 bedrooms, seven meeting rooms, a bar and lounge with an energetic, contemporary vibe. The Residence Inn Amsterdam Houthavens, meanwhile, features 60 studios and one-bedroom suites. The hotels share a pool, sauna and gym.
Notes to Editors
About Cycas Hospitality
- Founded in 2007, Cycas Hospitality is a specialist in extended-stay hotels, managing over 1,450 suites and rooms across 11 properties. These are located in key city centre locations across the UK (London, Liverpool, Newcastle) and include Cycas’s first property in mainland Europe (Amsterdam).
- Cycas Hospitality partners with institutional and private investors to maximise the full potential of their hotel assets. Its current clients include Starwood Capital, M&L Hospitality, and CLS Holdings plc.
- Extended-stay hotels are notable for their efficient operating model and high margins; historically, long-stay hotels have outperformed the standard hotel model during times of recession and recovered faster to pre-crisis levels and strong growth is forecast for the sector in Europe
- Following recent investment from the family-owned Hua Kee Group, Cycas will open three further properties by summer 2018 and intends to grow its portfolio to more than 10,000 guest rooms in the next five years.
- Having pioneered the branded extended-stay hotel concept in Europe, Cycas is London’s leading operator in this field and a partner of choice for major global hotel franchise brands plus international investors. In Europe, Cycas is the largest extended-stay operator for IHG’s Staybridge Suites brand and Marriott’s Residence Inn, and helped develop the dual-branded hotel concept for each company.
- The heart of Cycas’s first-class guest experience is a dedicated Culture Team who ensure each property operates with Cycas’s signature "positively outrageous service" and the philosophy that "our job is not over until we get a smile."
- Cycas delivers a combination of expertise in hotel operations, property development and asset management. Its overarching goal is to become one of the best hospitality employers on the market, making its hotels the best places to work as well as stay.
- To find out more visit www.cycashospitality.com or connect with us via LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Smart Link Accelerates Digital Service Expansion with Avaya Cloud Contact Center Solutions17.10.2018 12:37 | Pressemelding
Smart Link, a subsidiary of Al Khaleej for Training and Education and a leading Saudi-based Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company, has teamed up with Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE:AVYA) to accelerate Smart Link’s expansion and the diversification of its digital services portfolio. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181017005478/en/ Avaya signs a Memorandum of Understanding with Smart Link during GITEX Technology Week 2018 (Photo: Business Wire) The two companies signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) during GITEX Technology Week with a focus on digital and cloud-based solutions that will enable Smart Link to have greater agility and flexibility in meeting its customers’ demands for digital services. In alignment with Saudi Vision 2030, Smart Link is digitalizing and automating all possible duties to increase its human value while delivering cutting-edge communication solutions to connect government and priv
Visa Unveils New Partners on Tokenization to Help Increase Payment Security and Reduce Effects of Data Breaches17.10.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
Visa Inc. (NYSE:V) today announced the commercial expansion of the Visa Token Service for credential-on-file (COF) token requestors, marking a major milestone towards further securing consumer payments in the digital channel. With this expansion, acquirer gateway and technology partners Adyen, AsiaPay, Braintree, Checkout.com, Cherri Tech, CyberSource, Elavon, Ezidebit, eWAY, Fit-Pay, Giesecke & Devrient, PayPal, Payscout, Rambus, SafeCharge, SecureCo, Square, Stripe, Worldpay and YellowPepper are or will soon be able to tokenize credential-on-file digital payments on behalf of their merchant and payment clients. Built on top of the EMVCo Payment Tokenization Standard, the Visa Token Service offers another layer of security by replacing sensitive cardholder information, such as personal account numbers and expiration dates, with a unique digital identifier (a “token”) that can be used for payment without exposing a cardholder’s more sensitive account information. In addition to enhanci
Moody’s Names Derek Vadala as Global Head of Cyber Risk for MIS17.10.2018 11:00 | Pressemelding
Moody’s Corporation (NYSE:MCO) today announced that it has named Derek Vadala as Global Head of Cyber Risk for Moody’s Investors Service (MIS). In this newly-established role, Mr. Vadala will develop MIS’s capabilities for evaluating cyber risk, including a framework for the consideration of cybersecurity risk in credit analysis, and will spearhead innovative research, analytics and market outreach in this area. “As with environmental, social and governance risks, we see cyber risk as an area of increasing relevance to issuers, investors, counterparties and government authorities as it impacts operational and credit risk. Moody’s has a unique perspective that can help enhance market understanding of the ways credit and cyber risk intersect,” said Rob Fauber, President of Moody’s Investors Service. “Derek has a wealth of direct leadership experience in cyber and information security, and we are fortunate to have him lead the development of our cyber risk analysis capabilities.” Mr. Vada
Nadia Murad to Speak at Sharjah Conference Aimed at Boosting Opportunities for MENA’s Youth17.10.2018 10:29 | Pressemelding
In the run up to one of MENA region’s premier conferences dedicated to addressing development challenges and humanitarian issues, the third edition of ‘Investing in the Future’ Conference (IIFMENA) slated for October 24-25 in Sharjah, UAE, will be seeing participation of Iraqi Human rights activist and 2018 Nobel peace prize winner, Nadia Murad. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181017005371/en/ Nadia Murad (Archive) With key partners UNHCR, UNICEF, UNDP and NAMA-UN Women, IIFMENA 2018 will shed the spotlight on ways governments, civil society, international organisations, academia, private sector can collaborate to involve the region’s youth more effectively in consultative, policy- and decision-making processes, enabling a more inclusive and participatory approach to tackling challenges and offering practical, scalable solutions. It is the first time since the 25-year-old Iraqi human rights activist has receiv
Bentley Systems Releases Open-Source Library: iModel.js17.10.2018 08:58 | Pressemelding
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure, today announced the initial release of its iModel.js library, an open-source initiative to improve the accessibility, for both visualization and analytical visibility, of infrastructure digital twins. iModel.js can be used by developers and IT professionals to quickly and easily create immersive applications that connect their infrastructure digital twins with the rest of their digital world. iModel.js is the cornerstone of Bentley’s just-announced iTwin™ Services that combine iModelHub, reality modeling, and web-enabling software technologies within a Connected Data Environment (CDE) for infrastructure engineering. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181017005008/en/ Bentley Systems Releases Open-Source Library: iModel.js.(Photo: Business Wire) Be
WHOOP, the Human Performance Company, Launches in Europe17.10.2018 07:00 | Pressemelding
WHOOP, the human performance company, is now available to European consumers for the first time. Launched in the US in 2014, WHOOP is now shipping to countries throughout Europe via the WHOOP website. Initial countries include Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. Many pro athletes and teams across Europe are already using WHOOP, which was first made available to consumers in the US in 2016. WHOOP was co-founded in 2012 by former Harvard students Will Ahmed, John Capodilupo and Aurelian Nicolae. As captain of Harvard’s D1 squash team, Ahmed, the company's CEO, found that he and his teammates frequently over trained, misinterpreted fitness peaks, and underestimated recovery and sleep, often leading to injury. He became inspired by a simple idea: Humans, especially athletes, could optimize their daily performance if they had a systematic approach to understanding their bodies. The WHOOP Strap 2.0 is a wearable d