Cycas Hospitality Opens First Property Outside UK and Boosts Senior Development Team as Part of European Rollout
Cycas Hospitality, one of the largest branded extended-stay hotels operators in the UK, has demonstrated its commitment to European expansion by opening its first property in continental Europe and growing its acquisition and development team through three new appointments.
Cycas Hospitality has opened a dual-branded property under Marriott’s Moxy and Residence Inn brands. The hotels are located on Amsterdam’s western harbour front in the Houthavens area - the city’s emerging creative and fashion district. The hotels have been realised in collaboration with the developer Heren2, and will be managed by Cycas Hospitality under a franchise from Marriott International.
The opening of these hotels is the first step of Cycas’s ambitious plan to continue the rollout of extended-stay hotels throughout Europe. With a key focus on the United Kingdom, the Benelux countries, France and Germany, the extended-stay specialist’s ambition is to treble its number of guest rooms from 3,000 open and operating, or signed and in the pipeline, to more than 10,000 in the next five years.
In order to facilitate this growth, Cycas has expanded its development and acquisition team, which is led by Ms. Asli Kutlucan. The new team members are:
- Lisa Neubueser, who formerly worked for Dutch extended-stay brand Zoku International and was previously Director of Hotel Fund Management at Invesco Real Estate in London, where she oversaw a European hotel real estate portfolio of more than €1 billion. Lisa takes the role of Director of Development and Acquisition, expanding Cycas’s presence in Europe, starting with Germany.
- Nicole Perreten, who formerly worked with international hospitality consulting firm HVS and will lead the Cycas feasibility team as Head of Feasibility.
- Christos Georgiou, whose experience includes roles with Spitfire Capital Advisors, UBS and Nomura. Christos will be Business Development Manager, focusing on expansion in the UK and M&A transactions.
The expansion of the development and acquisition team follows a multi-million-Euro investment from Hua Kee in Cycas. The Thai family office and sizeable hotel owner and operator in Southeast Asia, Australia and Europe acquired a one-third share in Cycas, and its investment provides the business not only with additional working capital but also a co-investment partner and potential for future deals.
Cycas Hospitality’s turnover under management is forecast to treble over the next two years from €38 million to over €100 million, based purely on the business’s existing, secured and signed pipeline of hotels.
Eduard Elias, Partner & Co-founder at Cycas Hospitality, said:
“These new hotels, coupled with the expansion of our development and acquisition team, cement our position as the European leader in extended-stay accommodation and prepare us for further growth. With the capital in place to fund our ambitions and a bolstered team now on board to make them a reality, we are actively looking for new sites to operate across continental Europe, capitalising on increasing demand from travellers who value independence and flexibility.
“As well as launching our first hotels in continental Europe, this is the first time we have operated Marriott’s vibrant Moxy brand and we look forward to providing a warm welcome to guests in this exciting part of Amsterdam.”
Asli Kutlucan, Partner at Cycas Hospitality, said:
“Whereas extended stay is already established in the US, there is an enormous opportunity to expand this emerging asset class in Europe. I’m confident we’ve hired the best people in the business to ensure Cycas remains at the forefront of this rapidly evolving market and accelerate our international growth.”
The new hotels in Amsterdam Houthavens are Marriott’s second dual-branded property in Europe. The Moxy Amsterdam Houthavens offers 120 bedrooms, seven meeting rooms, a bar and lounge with an energetic, contemporary vibe. The Residence Inn Amsterdam Houthavens, meanwhile, features 60 studios and one-bedroom suites. The hotels share a pool, sauna and gym.
Notes to Editors
About Cycas Hospitality
- Founded in 2007, Cycas Hospitality is a specialist in extended-stay hotels, managing over 1,450 suites and rooms across 11 properties. These are located in key city centre locations across the UK (London, Liverpool, Newcastle) and include Cycas’s first property in mainland Europe (Amsterdam).
- Cycas Hospitality partners with institutional and private investors to maximise the full potential of their hotel assets. Its current clients include Starwood Capital, M&L Hospitality, and CLS Holdings plc.
- Extended-stay hotels are notable for their efficient operating model and high margins; historically, long-stay hotels have outperformed the standard hotel model during times of recession and recovered faster to pre-crisis levels and strong growth is forecast for the sector in Europe
- Following recent investment from the family-owned Hua Kee Group, Cycas will open three further properties by summer 2018 and intends to grow its portfolio to more than 10,000 guest rooms in the next five years.
- Having pioneered the branded extended-stay hotel concept in Europe, Cycas is London’s leading operator in this field and a partner of choice for major global hotel franchise brands plus international investors. In Europe, Cycas is the largest extended-stay operator for IHG’s Staybridge Suites brand and Marriott’s Residence Inn, and helped develop the dual-branded hotel concept for each company.
- The heart of Cycas’s first-class guest experience is a dedicated Culture Team who ensure each property operates with Cycas’s signature "positively outrageous service" and the philosophy that "our job is not over until we get a smile."
- Cycas delivers a combination of expertise in hotel operations, property development and asset management. Its overarching goal is to become one of the best hospitality employers on the market, making its hotels the best places to work as well as stay.
- To find out more visit www.cycashospitality.com or connect with us via LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Vertex Initiates First Phase 3 Study of VX-659, Tezacaftor and Ivacaftor as a Triple Combination Regimen for People with Cystic Fibrosis21.2.2018 21:01 | Pressemelding
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (Nasdaq: VRTX) today announced that it is initiating the first Phase 3 study of VX-659, tezacaftor and ivacaftor as an investigational triple combination regimen for people with cystic fibrosis (CF) who have one F508del mutation and one minimal function mutation. The study will enroll 360 patients, and the primary endpoint of the study is the mean absolute change from baseline in percent predicted forced expiratory volume in one second (ppFEV1) at week four of treatment. The study is designed to support the submission of a New Drug Application (NDA) in the U.S. using data from the 4-week primary efficacy endpoint together with safety data through 12 weeks of treatment. “Our goal is to bring the best triple combination to patients as rapidly as possible, and this first Phase 3 study of VX-659 in combination with tezacaftor and ivacaftor is a significant step toward that goal,” said Jeffrey Chodakewitz, M.D., Executive Vice President and Chief Medical
Universal Laser Systems® Expands Portfolio of Laser Material Processing Systems with the ULTRA Platform Series21.2.2018 18:00 | Pressemelding
ULTRA platform-based laser systems are designed and ideally suited for precision laser cutting, laser ablation, and laser surface modification in manufacturing, research and development, academic research and prototyping environments. Major features of the series include rapid, high-accuracy laser beam positioning, and the flexibility to be configured with 9.3 and 10.6 µm CO2 lasers and 1.06 µm fiber lasers. All lasers are air-cooled in a range of power from 10 to 150 watts for CO2 and 40 to 50 watts for fiber lasers. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180221005364/en/ The ULTRA 9MW offers MultiWave processing of thin materials. (Photo: Business Wire) The variety of wavelengths and power ranges make the ULTRA platforms highly effective in the areas of organic material modification, including plastic films, industrial fabrics, engineering plastics, laminating adhesives, composite materials, and many others utilized
Luxoft One of Six Companies Collaborating with Amazon Web Services to Accelerate Blockchain Adoption21.2.2018 16:30 | Pressemelding
Luxoft Holding Inc (NYSE:LXFT), a global IT service provider, announces today that it is collaborating with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable corporates to adopt blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT). Luxoft is one of six IT and consulting services companies to make its blockchain advisory and development services available to AWS users. “We are very excited to be working with AWS to help users engage with blockchain and DLTs,” said Vasiliy Suvorov, Vice President of Technology Strategy at Luxoft. “Blockchain is about removing data silos, improving trust and operational efficiencies. By using AWS to deploy and integrate DLTs into day-to-day processes, businesses can revolutionize how they operate.” Luxoft helps accelerate the deployment and integration of blockchain and DLT-based projects on AWS and is already working on a number of DLT projects using the cloud. For example, Luxoft is building a healthcare claims processing system for a leading healthcare provider usin
Westinghouse Electric Company to Provide Engineering Support at Vandellós 1 in Partnership with EDF21.2.2018 16:30 | Pressemelding
Westinghouse Electric Company and Electricité de France (EDF), in partnership, announced today that they have been awarded a contract from Empresa Nacional de Residuos Radiactivos (ENRESA), the Spanish agency responsible for radioactive waste management and nuclear plant decommissioning. The agreement covers a four-year engineering support contract for the latency phase of the dismantling and decommissioning project at Vandellós I Nuclear Power Station in Spain and includes the preparation of technical and licensing documentation. “We are extremely pleased that ENRESA has selected Westinghouse and EDF to continue supporting the decommissioning activities at Vandellós I Nuclear Power Station,” said Yves Brachet, Westinghouse vice president, Global Decommissioning, Decontamination, Remediation and Waste Management. “This contract further demonstrates Westinghouse’s global capabilities and expertise in providing innovative decommissioning solutions.” Sylvain Granger, head of EDF's decommi
H.I.G. Europe Completes a Strategic Investment in Puerto de Indias Group21.2.2018 14:02 | Pressemelding
H.I.G. Capital (“H.I.G.”), a leading global private equity investment firm with more than €20 billion of equity capital under management, announced that one of its affiliates has acquired a majority interest in Puerto de Indias Group (“Puerto de Indias” or the “Company”), with the goal of accelerating the Company’s growth initiatives and supporting its expansion into international markets. Headquartered in Seville, Spain, Puerto de Indias was founded by Jose Antonio and Francisco Rodriguez Fernandez, and has become in a short period of time the leading player in the Rosé Gin market in Spain. Puerto de Indias has in place an ambitious international expansion plan targeting the development of a commercial network in Europe, the U.S., and Latin America, as well as strategic alliances with strong international distributors. Leopoldo Reaño, Principal at H.I.G. Europe, commented on the transaction: “We are thrilled to have the opportunity to support the management team led by Jose Antonio an
Savi Adds Supply Chain Star Johannes Giloth to Advisory Board21.2.2018 13:02 | Pressemelding
Savi®, an innovator in big data/machine learning analytic solutions, supply chain management software, and sensor technology, today announced that Johannes Giloth has joined its board of advisers. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180221005117/en/ Johannes Giloth (Photo: Business Wire) Giloth is a long-time leader in procurement, supply chain and manufacturing. He currently serves as Chief Procurement Officer and Senior Vice President of Operations at Nokia where he is in charge of every aspect of operations accountability worldwide — from demand planning to execution, procurement to manufacturing. “Johannes understands the impact the explosion of data will have on the supply chain. And his tremendous success as an innovative supply chain leader proves he knows what companies need to transform their supply chains,” said Rich Carlson, CEO of Savi Technology. “I’m thrilled to have him join Savi’s advisory board. As