Cisco Continues To Evolve Its Routing Portfolio for Mass-Scale Networking to Meet Carriers' Needs
Global Service Providers Rely on Cisco for Networking Innovation
PARIS, MPLS+SDN+NFV World Congress, April 09, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The explosive growth in IP traffic continues to create opportunities and challenges for service providers who are focused on delivering compelling services to retain and grow their customer base. Changing network traffic patterns show 35% of Internet traffic will be carried metro-to-metro in 20211, up from 22% in 2016, with more devices connected to the network. As a result, service providers are adjusting their network routing plans to distribute features further to the edge for improved performance.
Cisco is leading with innovation that allows carriers to transform their networks to deal with the explosion in traffic growth and change in traffic patterns led by mobile apps and connections, IoT, video, 5G and more. Cisco has responded with innovative hardware, software and security additions to its service provider routing platform to offer a mix of options for customers needing feature-rich platforms with higher density to support intense bandwidth demands.
Powered by Cisco IOS XR, the industry's most trusted network operating system, this expanded portfolio offers an abundance of features that help to simplify operations such as zero-touch deployment, advanced programmability and model-driven telemetry.
Routing hardware additions include:
- Cisco NCS 500 Series: Featuring a unified, single operating system (Cisco IOS XR), it addresses converged wireline and wireless 5G-ready requirements for fronthaul, midhaul and backhaul, and future evolutions of carrier ethernet networks; It addresses various bandwidth needs ranging from 1 Gigabyte to 100 Gbps interfaces in small form factors.
- Cisco ASR 9901: Also featuring a unified, single operating system (Cisco IOS XR), it supports applications such as distributed provider edge, Internet peering, metro aggregation and broadband network gateway (BNG) in a space-optimized platform; It delivers 900 Gbps of throughput while also providing flexibility in terms of port speeds ranging from 1 to 100 Gbps with industry-leading MACsec encryption support across all ports.
Cisco NCS 5500 Series: New components include:
- Two fixed chassis supporting 24 and 36 100GE ports
- A 36 100GE ports line card targeted at high-density core, mobile backhaul and data center interconnect use cases; Offers flexible port configuration supporting 10G/25G/40G and 100G per port with enhanced scale capabilities (external TCAM)
- A compact 2RU router targeted at high-density metro aggregation, mobile backhaul networks and long-haul connectivity use cases; Delivers maximum flexibility with the support of Modular Port Adapters (MPA) with options of different port types and MACsec encryption support.
Routing software additions include:
Segment Routing: Offers service providers more control over Internet traffic by delivering a unified transport fabric across aggregation, edge, core and data center network domains with unmatched simplicity, resiliency and scalability; With Segment Routing Flexible Algorithm, a new addition to the Cisco Segment Routing Traffic Engineering toolkit, service providers can:
- Optimize the same physical network infrastructure along various dimensions such as low-latency, bandwidth or path disjointness.
- Custom fit 5G network slices to specific applications
- Ethernet VPN (EVPN): Cisco is now offering seamless integration with Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS), helping service providers speed up migration from VPLS to EVPN as another method to provide Ethernet-based multipoint to multipoint communication over IP or MPLS networks; EVPN offers improved scalability, optimal forwarding and helps prevent traffic floods.
With more applications and devices connected to the network, security threats are significantly increasing. Cisco is securing the service provider network at three levels to help protect against current and future threats:
- Hardware: Ensuring platform integrity while in transit from factories to customer premises
- Software: Providing secure boot and integrity check to ensure the software that is installed is genuine and unmodified
- Network: Offering MACsec hardware support to encrypt traffic between network nodes as well as scalable anti-DDoS
"Cisco continues to drive innovation in service provider routing to help our customers uplevel their architectures and be one step ahead in managing their network traffic demands," said Jonathan Davidson, senior vice president and general manager, Service Provider Networking, Cisco. "As the majority of our customers get ready for 5G, our unmatched portfolio of options offers intent-based networking practices to enable networks to self-heal without service interruptions."
"We needed a future-proof networking platform to support high-density 100G interfaces with optimized power consumption to deliver ultrabroadband connections," said Marco Arioli, senior manager of Network Engineering at Fastweb."With the Cisco NCS 5500 platform, we are getting the scale and power efficiency we were looking for and are reaping the benefits of a seamless and unified software fabric, powered by Cisco IOS XR to accelerate our time-to-market and streamline adoption of new services."
"We are building a widespread and efficient network to speed broadband adoption across Italy," said Domenico Angotti, head of Engineering at Open Fiber. "We are deploying Cisco NCS 5500 in our national Points of Presence to give us the performance and high-density of 100GE interfaces with lower power consumption, and a rich set of YANG data models that are essential to advanced network programmability."
"Shentel is evolving its network to support 100G interfaces to keep pace with the growth of Internet services and lay the foundation for 5G services," said Edward McKay, senior vice president, Wireline and Engineering, Shentel. "Cisco IOS XR and segment routing technology is helping to simplify our operations with an SDN architecture designed to support multi-path routing with extreme scale across our core networks."
Cisco is leading the disruption in the industry with its technology innovations in systems; silicon; software and security; and its unrivalled expertise in mass-scale networking, automation, optical, optics, cable access, video, and mobility. Combining these capabilities with Cisco's portfolio of go-to-market security, collaboration, IoT, and professional services, we enable service providers, media and web companies to reduce cost and complexity, help secure their networks, and grow revenue.
- Cisco NCS 500 Series
- Cisco ASR 9901
- Cisco NCS 5500
- Cisco Segment Routing
- Cisco IOS XR
- Sumeet Arora blog: An Architectural Approach to Flexible Consumption for Service Providers with IOZ XR
- For more information about Cisco service provider news and activities, visit the SP360 Blog or follow us on Twitter @CiscoSP360
- Follow us on our LinkedIn page for targeted updates and announcements
- Subscribe to Cisco's SP360 feed
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984. Our people, products, and partners help society securely connect and seize tomorrow's digital opportunity today. Discover more at newsroom.cisco.com and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
Sara Cicero, Service Provider PR, Cisco, email@example.com
1 Cisco Visual Networking Index Forecast 2016-2021
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Cisco via Globenewswire
Om Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
+1 212 401 8700http://www.nasdaqomx.com
NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Researchers, Survivors, Advocates and Physicians Convene to Discuss Innovations in Lung Cancer Research, Treatment and Advocacy at the Largest-Attended World Conference on Lung Cancer24.9.2018 01:00 | Pressemelding
TORONTO, Sept. 23, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Patients, survivors and advocates joined researchers and physicians from across the globe to discuss the future of lung cancer at the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer’s (IASLC’s) 19th World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC) in Toronto, Canada. The conference’s first press briefing highlighted the record-breaking number of registered attendees (over 7,300), reviewed patient-caregiver communities working to accelerate research, evaluated survey data on the emotional needs of lung cancer survivors and underscored the impact of comprehensive genomic profiling on patient care. The press conference opened with a welcome message from conference co-presidents Natasha B. Leighl, M.D., BSc, MSc; Andrea Bezjak, M.D., FRCPC, MSc; and Gail Darling M.D., FRCSC, who have worked tirelessly to make this year’s conference in Toronto highly successful. Oncogene-driven patient-caregiver communities creating new paradigm for non-small cell lu
Bombardier Delivers First 90-seat Q400 Aircraft to SpiceJet21.9.2018 16:00 | Pressemelding
SpiceJet becomes the first airline to take advantage of the Q400 aircraft’s increased profit potential TORONTO, Sept. 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bombardier Commercial Aircraft today announced the delivery of its first 90-seat Q400 aircraft. The aircraft was handed over to India’s SpiceJet Limited (“SpiceJet”) the launch operator for the extra-capacity, 90-seat aircraft. “We are excited to induct the 90-seat Q400 aircraft into our fleet,” said Ajay Singh, Chairman and Managing Director, SpiceJet. “The additional seats and performance improvements will result in substantial reduction in unit costs and also we will enable us to address our market needs in the regional space.” “The delivery of the first 90-seat Q400 aircraft showcases the commitment of Bombardier’s Q Series turboprop program to respond to customer requirements as they address traffic growth in regional markets,” said Todd Young, Head of the Q Series Aircraft Program, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft. “I thank and congratul
Service Providers Speed Deployment, Reduce Costs with Patton Cloud Edge Orchestration Service20.9.2018 22:16 | Pressemelding
Now, Telecom and UCaaS service providers can easily provision, manage, monitor, secure, alert, troubleshoot, analyze, and optimize services on the customer premise GAITHERSBURG, Md., Sept. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Patton Electronics—US-manufacturer of UC, cloud, and IoT-enabling solutions for carrier, enterprise, and industrial networks—has launched the new Patton Cloud service for carriers and service providers that deliver All-IP and hybrid voice-and-data services to business subscribers. Patton Cloud delivers a low-cost, easy-to-use, web-based edge-orchestration service that delivers a superior user experience. It offers remote touchless provisioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting—as well as security and alerting tools that reduce service turn-up costs, trouble tickets, and subscriber attrition. The Patton Cloud service offers quality-control mechanisms including pro-active monitoring and troubleshooting—combined with feature-license distribution pools for managing value-added
Inspirata Promotes Top Executives to Expanded Roles in Digital Pathology20.9.2018 21:12 | Pressemelding
Inspirata Founder and Executive Vice President, Mark Lloyd, is taking on an expanded role overseeing product management, and Inspirata Senior Vice President, Andrew Chomos, has been appointed to General Manager, Digital Pathology, overseeing the Center of Excellence in Pittsburgh along with all North America sales and customer support efforts. Tampa, FL, Sept. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cancer informatics and digital pathology workflow solution provider Inspirata®, Inc. announced today that two of its executives have taken on expanded roles in the company. The two are Inspirata Executive Vice President and Founder, Mark Lloyd, and Senior Vice President and General Manager, Digital Pathology, Andrew Chomos. Dr. Lloyd has accepted the expansion of his role to include product management for Digital Pathology. He is former cancer researcher at both Lombardi Cancer and Moffitt Cancer Center and is Inspirata’s foremost subject matter expert and thought leader on digital pathology and image
Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals Announces Adoption of Commission Decision Granting Marketing Authorisation Approval in the European Union for XERAVA™ (eravacycline) for the Treatment of Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections20.9.2018 19:08 | Pressemelding
– Broad Product Label for Treatment of Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections – – Phased Commercial Launch Expected in the First Half of 2019 – WATERTOWN, Mass., Sept. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTPH), a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing novel antibiotics to treat life-threatening multidrug-resistant (MDR) infections, today announced that the European Commission (EC) has adopted the Decision granting marketing authorisation for XERAVA (eravacycline) for injection for the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI) in adults in the European Union. In clinical trials, XERAVA was well-tolerated and achieved high clinical cure rates in patients with cIAI, demonstrating statistical non-inferiority to two widely used comparators – ertapenem and meropenem. “The European approval of XERAVA, right after our recently announced FDA approval, marks our second significant regulatory approval within one month
UPDATE— Taconic Biosciences Becomes the First Animal Model Provider on General Services Administration Contract Schedule20.9.2018 18:07 | Pressemelding
RENSSELAER, N.Y., Sept. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Taconic Biosciences, a global leader in providing genetically engineered rodent model solutions, announces a new relationship with Government Scientific Source (GSS). GSS is a leading dedicated distributor of laboratory equipment to federal, state, and local governments on contract with the GSA (General Services Administration). By having Taconic’s products available via GSS, they can now be accessed by all federal agencies, including but not limited to the National Institutes of Health and the Department of Defense. Taconic is the only animal model provider affiliated with GSS and the only animal model provider available on GSA Contract. “An important component of providing customers with the best animal model solutions is access to key resources. Through this exciting new relationship with GSS, Taconic can now easily connect with scientists doing some of the most valuable research in the world and provide them with high quality sol
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom