Chugai's Bispecific Antibody Emicizumab to Present Results of Two Pivotal Phase lll Studies at ISTH
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (TOKYO:4519) announced results from two global phase lll studies for Chugai’s bispecific antibody emicizumab (ACE910): the primary analysis of HAVEN 1 study (NCT02622321) and the interim analysis of HAVEN 2 study (NCT02795767). The data will be presented on July 10 at the upcoming 26th International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) Meeting in Berlin, Germany (July 8 to 13). Both studies were conducted in haemophilia A with inhibitors, while HAVEN 1 is for adult and adolescent patients and HAVEN 2 is for paediatric patients.
HAVEN 1 Study
HAVEN 1 is a randomised, multicentre, open-label, global phase III study evaluating the efficacy, safety, and pharmacokinetics of emicizumab once-weekly subcutaneous injection for 24 weeks or longer in adults and adolescents (12 years of age or older) with haemophilia A with inhibitors to factor VIII.
Study design n=109
- Patients previously treated with on-demand bypassing agents (BPAs) were randomised in a 2:1 fashion to Arm A or B
|Arm A (n=35):||emicizumab once-weekly dosing|
|Arm B (n=18):||no prophylaxis (on-demand BPA)|
- Patients previously treated with prophylactic BPA
|Arm C (n=49):||emicizumab once-weekly dosing|
- Patients who participated in a forgoing Non-Interventional Study (NIS) and previously on BPA (on-demand or prophylactic)
|Arm D:||emicizumab once-weekly dosing|
On-demand use of BPAs was allowed to treat breakthrough bleeds per protocol in all arms.
Summary of results
- The primary endpoint was achieved with a statistically significant reduction in bleed rate of 87% (risk rate [RR]=0.13, p<0.0001) in treated bleeds with emicizumab (Arm A) compared with on-demand treatment with BPAs (Arm B). All secondary endpoints were also achieved with consistent reductions in bleed rates.
[Major secondary endpoints and reduction rate (%) compared with on-demand BPAs]
|All bleeds:||(80%, RR=0.20, p<0.0001)|
|Treated spontaneous bleeds:||(92%, RR=0.08, p≤0.0001)|
|Treated joint bleeds:||(89%, RR=0.11, p=0.0050)|
|Treated target joint bleeds:||(95%, RR=0.05, p=0.0002)|
- After a median observation time of 31 weeks, 62.9% of patients receiving emicizumab experienced zero treated bleeds (Arm A) compared to 5.6% of those receiving on-demand BPAs (Arm B).
- Results also showed a statistically significant improvement in health-related quality of life (HRQoL) measured at 25 weeks with emicizumab (Arm A) compared to on-demand BPAs (Arm B).
- Among patients who had previously received prophylactic use of BPAs and then received emicizumab (Arm C), 24 patients had participated in the foregoing NIS, which was conducted without emicizumab. An intra-patient analysis in this group showed a 79% (RR=0.21, p=0.0003) reduction in treated bleeds receiving emicizumab compared to their prior prophylaxis with BPAs.
- Adverse events (AEs) occurring in 5% or more of patients treated with emicizumab were injection site reactions, headache, fatigue, upper respiratory tract infection and arthralgia.
- Serious adverse events were reported with thromboembolic events (TE) in two patients and thrombotic microangiopathy (TMA) in three patients (one patient experienced TMA after the clinical data cut off for primary analysis) while receiving emicizumab prophylaxis. The TE and TMA events were associated with repeated high doses of a BPA, activated prothrombin complex concentrate, when used to treat breakthrough bleeds.
HAVEN 2 Study
HAVEN 2 is a single-arm, multicentre, open-label, global phase III study evaluating the efficacy, safety, and pharmacokinetics of emicizumab once weekly subcutaneous injection in paediatric patients with haemophilia A with inhibitors to factor VIII.
The interim analysis was conducted with 19 children younger than 12 years of age with haemophilia A with inhibitors who require treatment with BPAs. The median observation time was 12 weeks.
Summary of results
- Only one of 19 children receiving emicizumab reported a treated bleed. There were no reported joint or muscle bleeds.
- An intra-patient comparison (n=8) in patients who were previously enrolled in the NIS showed that all patients experienced zero treated bleeds or a 100% reduction after emicizumab treatment (previous annualized bleeding rate ranged from 0 to 34.24); this included seven children who had received prior BPA prophylaxis, and one who had received prior on-demand BPA.
- Data indicated that the same dose of emicizumab is appropriate for children as for adults and adolescents, based on the levels of emicizumab in the blood (pharmacokinetics) of the children compared with the level of emicizumab in the blood of adults and adolescents.
- The most common AEs with emicizumab in the HAVEN 2 study were mild injection site reactions and common cold symptoms (nasopharyngitis).
Summary of the HAVEN 1 (NCT02622321) study results to be presented at ISTH
|Study Description||Phase III randomised, multicenter, open-label study evaluating the efficacy, safety, and pharmacokinetics of emicizumab prophylaxis versus no prophylaxis in people with hemophilia A with inhibitors to factor VIII.|
Patients with hemophilia A with inhibitors aged ≥12 years on
episodic or prophylactic treatment with bypassing agent(s)
|Treated bleeds ABR (primary endpoint)|
Annualized bleeding rate [ABR]*
|% reduction (RR, p-value)||
(Interquartile range; IQR)
|% patients with zero bleeds (95% CI)||
Treated bleeds ABR intra-patient comparison
(Arm C patients who participated in NIS n=24; secondary endpoint)
|Study group||Prior prophylaxis with BPAs||Emicizumab prophylaxis|
|% reduction (RR, p-value)||
|Median ABR (IQR)||
12.0 [5.73; 24.22]
|0.0 [0.00; 2.23]|
|% patients with zero bleeds||
*Negative binomial regression model
Chugai Pharmaceutical is one of Japan’s leading research-based pharmaceutical companies with strengths in biotechnology products. Chugai, based in Tokyo, specializes in prescription pharmaceuticals and is listed on the 1st section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. As an important member of the Roche Group, Chugai is actively involved in R&D activities in Japan and abroad. Specifically, Chugai is working to develop innovative products which may satisfy the unmet medical needs, mainly focusing on the oncology area.
In Japan, Chugai’s research facilities in Gotemba and Kamakura are
collaborating to develop new pharmaceuticals and laboratories in Ukima
are conducting research for technology development for industrial
production. Overseas, Chugai
Pharmabody Research based in Singapore is engaged in research
focusing on the generation of novel antibody drugs by utilizing Chugai’s
proprietary innovative antibody engineering technologies. Chugai
Pharma USA and Chugai
Pharma Europe are engaged in clinical development activities in the
United States and Europe.
The consolidated revenue in 2016 of Chugai totalled 491.8 billion yen and the operating income was 80.6 billion yen (IFRS Core basis).
Additional information is available on the internet at https://www.chugai-pharm.co.jp/english.
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Media Relations Group, Corporate Communications Dept.,
For US media
Chugai Pharma USA Inc.
For European media
Chugai Pharma France SAS
For Taiwanese media
Chugai Pharma Taiwan Ltd.
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Investor Relations Group, Corporate Communications Dept.,
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Tan Delta: New Oil Condition Monitoring Kit for Gas Engine Operators Reduces Daily Operating Costs, Improves Equipment Efficiency and Extends Equipment Life.23.11.2017 13:38 | Pressemelding
The new Gas Engine oil condition monitoring kit from Tan Delta Systems can be quickly and easily fitted to any gas engine and enables the oil to be monitored and tracked continuously in real time enabling significantly reduced maintenance costs, increased equipment efficiency and extended equipment life. Operators can expect their investment returned in under four months followed by many years of net financial and operational benefits. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171123005177/en/ Gas Engine Oil Condition Monitoring (Photo: Business Wire) The kit includes everything needed for quick and easy installation on any gas engine operating in any environment. No more need for expensive laboratory oil testing. Reduce daily operating costs by optimising maintenance schedules. Protect a
Making Institut Curie a Reference for Technology Transfer in Oncology23.11.2017 13:00 | Pressemelding
Institut Curie has adopted an ambitious strategy for technology transfer and partnerships with innovative companies. This new dynamic, initiated within the framework of the 2015-2020 MC21 strategic plan (Marie Curie in the 21 st century), aims at positioning the Institut Curie as a reference for technology transfer in oncology. The strategy ambition to better accompany Institut Curie researchers and physicians in the protection, development and commercialization of their inventions, and reinforces support for the setting-up of collaborations with innovative companies. "The objective is to optimize the identification, promotion and transfer of all the scientific, technological and medical resources of the Institute in an open innovative approach" says Amaury Martin, Executive Director of Institut Curie Technology Transfer
Wealth Dynamix (WDX) Ranks No.18 in the 2017 Tech Track 100 by the Sunday Times and 19th Fastest Growing Technology Company in the UK in the 2017 Deloitte Technology Fast 5023.11.2017 08:00 | Pressemelding
WDX ranks No.18 in the 17th annual Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 league table league which consisted of the top 100 private technology, media and telecoms (TMT) companies in Britain. WDX recorded a 155% average annual sales growth per year over the last 3 years with sales reaching £6.4M in September 2016 and £9m by end of September 2017. More recently, in November 2017, WDX also announces ranking No.19 in the 2017 Deloitte UK Technology Fast 50, a ranking of the 50 fastest growing technology companies in the UK. Rankings are based on percentage revenue growth over the last four years of which, WDX grew 1,563% during this period. WDX attributed this revenue growth to the team’s hard work and the positive change in attitude toward technology in the Wealth and Investment Management industry. WDX’s CEO, Gary Linieres credits the team with the company’s revenue growth. He sa
Mobidiag Signs Agreement with Interlux for the Distribution of Amplidiag® Diagnostic Tests and Instruments in Estonia23.11.2017 07:00 | Pressemelding
Mobidiag Ltd, a Finnish molecular diagnostics company, today announced a distribution agreement with Interlux OÜ, supplier of technologies for medicine, science and biotechnology industry. Under this agreement, Interlux becomes the exclusive distributor of the Amplidiag® product line in Estonia, in vitro diagnostic tests and compatible instrument for the detection of gastrointestinal infections. “Thanks to a large distribution network, our Amplidiag product line is now accessible in most Western European countries. This new distribution agreement allows us to introduce the Amplidiag product line to the Baltic region starting with Estonia. We are then very happy to start this new partnership with Interlux to support us in this new market”, said Miquel Vernet, CCO at Mobidiag. “Cooperation with Mobidiag offers the customers of Interlux high-quality diagnostic results. I believ
OCP Announces Date of 2017 Third Quarter and Nine Month Results22.11.2017 16:59 | Pressemelding
OCP S.A., a global leader in the fertilizer industry, will release its third quarter and nine month 2017 results on Thursday, November 30, 2017. The results will be available to holders of the Company’s bonds, qualified institutional buyers, securities analysts and market makers on the OCP Intralinks portal at 9 a.m. EDT and 2 p.m. Morocco/London time. OCP senior management will host a conference call to discuss 2017 third quarter/nine month results at 10 a.m. EDT and 3 p.m. Morocco/London time on Thursday, November 30, 2017 for holders of the Company’s bonds, qualified institutional buyers, securities analysts and market makers. Eligible parties that have not already registered for access to the Intralinks portal may do so by contacting the Investor Relations Department by emailing email@example.com. About OCP OCP is a global leader in the fert
Tata Motors Charts Out 'Connecting Aspirations' As Its New Corporate Brand Identity in Global Markets22.11.2017 14:46 | Pressemelding
As part of the company’s transformation journey undertaken in 2016, Tata Motors commenced a comprehensive project to articulate its corporate branding. Basis a thorough analysis of the existing and the desired future state of the Company, Tata Motors has defined its new brand identity as ‘Connecting Aspirations’ across 46 markets, internationally. ‘Connecting Aspirations’, as the new defining maxim, represents the personality of the brand as an interconnected system of mobility solutions, that are intelligent, perceptive, warm and expressive. It’s a symbolic tagline that represents the company’s past, present and future. It is humble yet bold, a statement as well as a challenge. It will define the way Tata Motors communicates with its internal as well as external stakeholders, and work as an all-encompassing guiding principle across business units.” Speaking on the
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom