Check in to the GSMA Innovation City at Mobile World Congress
The GSMA Innovation City will return once more to Mobile World Congress, inviting visitors to explore an immersive city environment and experience first-hand how mobile technology is positively impacting the world around us. The City is one of the most popular exhibition spaces at the show, welcoming almost 28,000 visitors, or nearly one-third of all Mobile World Congress attendees, in 2015. It will host numerous cutting-edge interactive demonstrations that span a diverse range of sectors and cater to a wide range of interests including industry, transport, health, home and retail, amongst many others.
“The Innovation City continues to be one the biggest draws at Mobile World Congress and this year, we have an exceptional series of experiences that reflect the incredible impact mobile has on virtually every aspect of our lives,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “Whether it’s remotely monitoring our homes, pets or even livestock, keeping track of our fitness levels or providing real-time information to our cars, intelligent mobile technology underpins it all. We look forward to welcoming visitors to the City to experience the present and future in this exciting space.”
This year visitors are invited to check in and board a lifelike airliner positioned at the heart of the City and experience one of four unique virtual reality interactive journeys using smart phones and Oculus Rift headsets. The City also includes an airport, a café, a farm, a vineyard and shops, along with a number of connected cars and many other experiences. The Innovation City exhibits will be presented by AT&T, the Global M2M Association, Jasper, KT Corporation and Sierra Wireless and will demonstrate the very latest in mobile connected products and services. The GSMA will also showcase its key programmes and initiatives including Connected Living, Digital Commerce, Network 2020 and Personal Data.
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
GSMA partner experiences on display in the Innovation City include:
AT&T will showcase its capabilities as a global integrated provider helping millions around the world connect with leading entertainment, mobile, high-speed Internet and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions. Inside the GSMA Innovation City, visitors will be guided around AT&T solutions that connect consumers and businesses, including AT&T IoT solutions such as connected car, smart cities and real-life industrial IoT use cases. People will be able to experience AT&T’s consumer offerings first-hand including Digital Life’s smart home security and automation platform, voice and data plans, other connected devices like bikes and more.
Global M2M Association (GMA)
- The GMA will showcase a live demonstration of its Multi-Domestic Service, an innovative global M2M connectivity management solution that significantly simplifies the global deployment, management and operations of M2M and IoT services for large enterprises.
- Jointly implemented by the GMA operators, the Multi-Domestic Service is compliant with GSMA specifications and can therefore provide customers with scalable, reliable and secure M2M connectivity.
Jasper will be demonstrating how leading enterprises are using its global IoT service platform to drive real-time business transformation, add value for customers and secure their share of the multi-billion dollar IoT market today. Visitors will experience:
- Why the leading automotive OEMs worldwide choose Jasper to accelerate the introduction of new connected car services, implement advanced business models, automate operations and scale globally.
- How the real-time visibility and control of the Jasper IoT service platform makes connectivity and management of reliable, global POS networks possible, while enabling retailers to profit from innovative new services.
- What vending machine operators can do with the Jasper IoT service platform to reduce their carbon footprint, eliminate waste and increase profits by 30 to 40 per cent.
- How Jasper is helping put hundreds of thousands of connected eBikes on the road in China and throughout the world.
KT will showcase its capabilities as a leader in 5G at the Innovation City and demonstrate the world’s first 5G technology including:
- A 5G base station that covers LTE backpacks, drones, satellites and more.
- 5G technology such as GiGA LTE that uses existing copper wire.
- Fiber-to-the-Antenna (FTTA) that makes it possible for base stations to communicate approximately ten times the distance of current solutions.
Sierra Wireless, with partners Axis, Parkeon and Valeo, will showcase its latest innovative solutions in scenarios such as:
- How connected parking meters can become multi-service kiosks and enable services such as couponing, city news updates and payment of parking fines.
- How a 4G-enabled mobile video surveillance station can be deployed very quickly in places without a dedicated network infrastructure, to cover events such as demonstrations, riots, outdoor concerts or sporting events.
- How users can interact with their cars remotely via their smartphone or tablet to perform actions such as locking or unlocking and activation and deactivation of wipers or heating, as well as real-time car location, live video streaming and more.
GSMA INDUSTRY PROGRAMMES
GSMA programme exhibits will include:
- Check In on board The Innovation City Airliner: The GSMA Innovation City invites guests to board an airliner and experience the connected future by taking one of four virtual reality journeys via Oculus Rift headsets.
- Connected Car: Be one of the first to experience a brand new Jaguar F Pace and see the latest innovations in connected car technology.
- Virtual Shopping: Swipe and select virtual 3D shopping items from a large touchscreen and add them to your basket to see how groceries can be ordered and delivered to your home.
- Connected Agriculture: Experience how farmers monitor wind, sun and moisture levels to keep track of their crops, as well as keep tabs on the location and health of livestock.
- Mobile IoT Vineyard: See how mobile technology is helping to keep grape vines and wine stocks at optimum levels.
- Mobile Connect: Experience how the GSMA Mobile Connect digital authentication service is changing the face of banking and eGovernment.
- Connected Transport: Learn how mobile connectivity is helping to track bikes and keep cyclists safe.
- Low Power Wide Area: See how Low Power Wide Area networks are connecting anything from water meters to smart bikes to pet trackers.
- Motion Capture: Experience how a body-mounted, remote-control, motion-detecting camera uses WebRTC and Rich Communications Services (RCS).
- Touch and Try: Test and try out wearables, connected luggage, sports equipment and much more.
GSMA Innovation City Location
The GSMA Innovation City will again be located at Stands 3A11 and 3A31 in Hall 3, Fira Gran Via and will be open during Mobile World Congress exhibition hours from Monday, 22 February through Thursday, 25 February. Please note that the City will close at 16:00 on Tuesday, 23 February for a private reception.
Get Involved at Mobile World Congress 2016
For more information on the 2016 Mobile World Congress including how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, visit www.mobileworldcongress.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress on Twitter @GSMA using #MWC16, on our LinkedIn company page http://gsma.at/GSMALinkedIn, or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gsma. For more information on the GSMA Innovation City, follow #gsmainnovationcity.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 250 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai and the Mobile 360 Series conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
New Study Investigates the Utility of Masimo PVi® as Part of Goal-Directed Fluid Management in Patients Undergoing Colorectal Surgery16.7.2018 05:00 | Pressemelding
Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) announced today the findings of a recently published study in which researchers at Kocaeli University in Turkey compared the performance of conventional fluid management (CFM) to goal-directed fluid management (GDFM) using Masimo PVi® (pleth variability index, measured noninvasively and continuously using SET® pulse oximetry sensors) in patients undergoing elective colorectal surgery. The primary points of comparison were the amount of crystalloids administered and blood lactate and serum creatinine levels during the intraoperative period.1 This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180715005048/en/ Masimo Radical-7® with PVi®, SpHb®, and RD rainbow SET™ Sensor (Photo: Business Wire) In the study, Dr. Cesur and colleagues, noting the importance of intraoperative fluid management in terms of postoperative organ perfusion and complications, sought to compare the effects of CFM (guided by clinical asse
Alipay and Singapore Tourism Board join hands to boost Chinese tourist spending16.7.2018 02:00 | Pressemelding
Alipay, the world’s leading mobile and online payment and lifestyle platform operated by Ant Financial Services Group, together with the Singapore Tourism Board (STB), have launched a series of joint marketing initiatives aimed at raising destination awareness of Singapore and driving tourist spending among Chinese visitors. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180715005021/en/ Alipay and STB signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in September 2017 to enhance Chinese tourists’ overall experience in Singapore. Under the MOU, both parties agreed, among other things, to explore co-investing in joint-marketing initiatives to encourage Chinese tourists to spend with Alipay while in Singapore. Since signing the MOU, Alipay has experienced double-digit growth in user spending. China has also become Singapore’s top market in 2017 for both tourism receipts and visitor arrivals, contributing S$4.2 billion in tourism rece
Koza Altin Welcomes Court’s Rejection of Akin Ipek’s Share Purchase Agreement13.7.2018 15:58 | Pressemelding
A Turkish Court has found against businessman Akin Ipek this week – ruling that a share purchase agreement, which he had submitted as vital evidence in support of his case against the Turkish state, is null and void. The matter was brought to the Ankara Commercial Court in March 2017 by Koza Holding (parent company of Koza Altin) which, according to Mr Ipek’s share purchase agreement, purportedly transferred all of its shares to Ipek Investment Limited. Koza Holding filed the lawsuit for legal recognition that the share purchase agreement is void. The ruling in Turkey follows on from an earlier judgment set down by the English High Court, which rejected Mr Ipek’s attempt to use up to £3m of UK subsidiary Koza Ltd’s money to fund a claim against the Turkish State at the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). In the English ruling, Deputy Judge Richard Spearman QC declared the “authenticity” of the share purchase agreement as “open to very serious doubt”. The
Mindbreeze Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of the Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines13.7.2018 15:27 | Pressemelding
Mindbreeze, a leading global provider of appliances and cloud services for information insight and applied artificial intelligence with a focus on knowledge management for leading international companies, announced today that Gartner, Inc. has positioned Mindbreeze in the Leaders quadrant of the 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines. Mindbreeze is positioned highest on the ability to execute axis. The research and advisory firm Gartner, Inc. evaluated 13 different providers from all over the world. “Understanding the meaning of information is a key priority for today’s customers. Mindbreeze InSpire leverages the full power of our sophisticated AI engine to provide actionable insights and answers ̶ not just more data. Seeing our position in the Magic Quadrant, my first reaction was ‘AWESOME’. Insight Engine was positioned the highest on the ability to execute axis and we believe that's exactly what sets us apart from our competitors. We made the bold move to focus on product innovatio
H.I.G. Capital Announces the Sale of Kondor13.7.2018 14:06 | Pressemelding
H.I.G. Capital (“H.I.G.”), a leading global private equity investment firm with more than €20 billion of equity capital under management, announced today that one of its affiliates has sold Kondor Limited, a specialist provider of category management solutions for audio and mobile accessory products into the retail and mobile network channels in the UK and Europe, to DCC Technology (which principally trades under the Exertis brand), part of DCC plc, the leading international sales, marketing and support services group. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Headquartered in Dorset, England, Kondor distributes audio and mobile accessory products to a broad range of e-tail, retail and mobile operator customers. H.I.G. invested in Kondor in 2014, and has since overseen a full reorganisation of the business. H.I.G. worked in partnership with Kondor to professionalise back office systems, develop Kondor’s access to market data, optimise the company’s product range, improve stock manag
Contactless Technology Powers Fifty Percent of Purchases at 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™13.7.2018 09:00 | Pressemelding
Visa (NYSE: V), the Official Payment Services Partner of FIFA, today released an analysis of spending inside the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ stadiums from the opening match on June 14 through the semi-finals on July 11. The data highlights the increased consumer adoption of innovative payment technology, as fifty percent of purchases with Visa in tournament venues utilized contactless transactions, including cards, mobile devices and wearables. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180713005025/en/ For the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™, Visa is the exclusive payment service in all stadiums where payment cards are accepted. In-stadium, fans can pay with contactless Visa credit and debit cards and mobile payment services at the more than 3,500 point-of-sale terminals and 1,000 mobile concessionaires that have been equipped with the latest in payment innovation. (Photo: Business Wire) Visa cardholders on average spent 1,