Check in to the GSMA Innovation City at Mobile World Congress
The GSMA Innovation City will return once more to Mobile World Congress, inviting visitors to explore an immersive city environment and experience first-hand how mobile technology is positively impacting the world around us. The City is one of the most popular exhibition spaces at the show, welcoming almost 28,000 visitors, or nearly one-third of all Mobile World Congress attendees, in 2015. It will host numerous cutting-edge interactive demonstrations that span a diverse range of sectors and cater to a wide range of interests including industry, transport, health, home and retail, amongst many others.
“The Innovation City continues to be one the biggest draws at Mobile World Congress and this year, we have an exceptional series of experiences that reflect the incredible impact mobile has on virtually every aspect of our lives,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “Whether it’s remotely monitoring our homes, pets or even livestock, keeping track of our fitness levels or providing real-time information to our cars, intelligent mobile technology underpins it all. We look forward to welcoming visitors to the City to experience the present and future in this exciting space.”
This year visitors are invited to check in and board a lifelike airliner positioned at the heart of the City and experience one of four unique virtual reality interactive journeys using smart phones and Oculus Rift headsets. The City also includes an airport, a café, a farm, a vineyard and shops, along with a number of connected cars and many other experiences. The Innovation City exhibits will be presented by AT&T, the Global M2M Association, Jasper, KT Corporation and Sierra Wireless and will demonstrate the very latest in mobile connected products and services. The GSMA will also showcase its key programmes and initiatives including Connected Living, Digital Commerce, Network 2020 and Personal Data.
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
GSMA partner experiences on display in the Innovation City include:
AT&T will showcase its capabilities as a global integrated provider helping millions around the world connect with leading entertainment, mobile, high-speed Internet and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions. Inside the GSMA Innovation City, visitors will be guided around AT&T solutions that connect consumers and businesses, including AT&T IoT solutions such as connected car, smart cities and real-life industrial IoT use cases. People will be able to experience AT&T’s consumer offerings first-hand including Digital Life’s smart home security and automation platform, voice and data plans, other connected devices like bikes and more.
Global M2M Association (GMA)
- The GMA will showcase a live demonstration of its Multi-Domestic Service, an innovative global M2M connectivity management solution that significantly simplifies the global deployment, management and operations of M2M and IoT services for large enterprises.
- Jointly implemented by the GMA operators, the Multi-Domestic Service is compliant with GSMA specifications and can therefore provide customers with scalable, reliable and secure M2M connectivity.
Jasper will be demonstrating how leading enterprises are using its global IoT service platform to drive real-time business transformation, add value for customers and secure their share of the multi-billion dollar IoT market today. Visitors will experience:
- Why the leading automotive OEMs worldwide choose Jasper to accelerate the introduction of new connected car services, implement advanced business models, automate operations and scale globally.
- How the real-time visibility and control of the Jasper IoT service platform makes connectivity and management of reliable, global POS networks possible, while enabling retailers to profit from innovative new services.
- What vending machine operators can do with the Jasper IoT service platform to reduce their carbon footprint, eliminate waste and increase profits by 30 to 40 per cent.
- How Jasper is helping put hundreds of thousands of connected eBikes on the road in China and throughout the world.
KT will showcase its capabilities as a leader in 5G at the Innovation City and demonstrate the world’s first 5G technology including:
- A 5G base station that covers LTE backpacks, drones, satellites and more.
- 5G technology such as GiGA LTE that uses existing copper wire.
- Fiber-to-the-Antenna (FTTA) that makes it possible for base stations to communicate approximately ten times the distance of current solutions.
Sierra Wireless, with partners Axis, Parkeon and Valeo, will showcase its latest innovative solutions in scenarios such as:
- How connected parking meters can become multi-service kiosks and enable services such as couponing, city news updates and payment of parking fines.
- How a 4G-enabled mobile video surveillance station can be deployed very quickly in places without a dedicated network infrastructure, to cover events such as demonstrations, riots, outdoor concerts or sporting events.
- How users can interact with their cars remotely via their smartphone or tablet to perform actions such as locking or unlocking and activation and deactivation of wipers or heating, as well as real-time car location, live video streaming and more.
GSMA INDUSTRY PROGRAMMES
GSMA programme exhibits will include:
- Check In on board The Innovation City Airliner: The GSMA Innovation City invites guests to board an airliner and experience the connected future by taking one of four virtual reality journeys via Oculus Rift headsets.
- Connected Car: Be one of the first to experience a brand new Jaguar F Pace and see the latest innovations in connected car technology.
- Virtual Shopping: Swipe and select virtual 3D shopping items from a large touchscreen and add them to your basket to see how groceries can be ordered and delivered to your home.
- Connected Agriculture: Experience how farmers monitor wind, sun and moisture levels to keep track of their crops, as well as keep tabs on the location and health of livestock.
- Mobile IoT Vineyard: See how mobile technology is helping to keep grape vines and wine stocks at optimum levels.
- Mobile Connect: Experience how the GSMA Mobile Connect digital authentication service is changing the face of banking and eGovernment.
- Connected Transport: Learn how mobile connectivity is helping to track bikes and keep cyclists safe.
- Low Power Wide Area: See how Low Power Wide Area networks are connecting anything from water meters to smart bikes to pet trackers.
- Motion Capture: Experience how a body-mounted, remote-control, motion-detecting camera uses WebRTC and Rich Communications Services (RCS).
- Touch and Try: Test and try out wearables, connected luggage, sports equipment and much more.
GSMA Innovation City Location
The GSMA Innovation City will again be located at Stands 3A11 and 3A31 in Hall 3, Fira Gran Via and will be open during Mobile World Congress exhibition hours from Monday, 22 February through Thursday, 25 February. Please note that the City will close at 16:00 on Tuesday, 23 February for a private reception.
Get Involved at Mobile World Congress 2016
For more information on the 2016 Mobile World Congress including how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, visit www.mobileworldcongress.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress on Twitter @GSMA using #MWC16, on our LinkedIn company page http://gsma.at/GSMALinkedIn, or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gsma. For more information on the GSMA Innovation City, follow #gsmainnovationcity.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 250 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai and the Mobile 360 Series conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Seoul Semiconductor’s SunLike Series LEDs Win Product of the Year Award from Elektronik Magazine23.3.2018 18:28 | Pressemelding
Seoul Semiconductor, a global innovator of LED products and technology, announced on March 23rd that its SunLike Series natural spectrum LED product won the Gold Award at the Elektronik Product of the Year 2018 Awards, hosted by Elektronik (http://www.elektroniknet.de), a leading German electronics publication. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180323005646/en/ Product of the Year Award from Elektronik Magazine (SunLike) (Photo: Business Wire) As a publication specializing in electrical and electronic components, “Elektronik” is a prestigious magazine with an illustrious history and the largest number of subscribers in Germany. Over the past 20 years, they have conducted annual surveys among their subscribers to find the “most creative and innovative products.” Based on these survey results, Elektronik selects the top product that with the most impact in its corresponding field, and confers the awards accordingl
Elliott Welcomes Imminent Bezeq Board Overhaul and New Era for Strong Independent Governance23.3.2018 16:05 | Pressemelding
Elliott Advisors (UK) Limited (“Elliott”), which advises funds which collectively hold a significant economic interest in Bezeq The Israeli Telecommunication Corporation Ltd. (“Bezeq” or the “Company”), welcomes the proposed governance reforms announced by Bezeq last night. In its initial letter to Bezeq Interim Chairman David Granot, dated January 16, 2018, Elliott outlined the urgent need to address the Company’s serious corporate governance issues, and called for changes at the Board level that result in “the right mixture of expertise, independence and integrity for the future.” Elliott stated then, and reiterates now, its belief that “there is significant value to be unlocked if the right steps are taken to improve its corporate governance.” Bezeq has strong business fundamentals, an exemplary workforce, and great potential. Following yesterday’s announcement, Elliott highlights the changes that have occurred since January 16th. Taken together, these amount to a revolution in the
Clovis Oncology Initiates Early Access Program for Rucaparib as Treatment and as Maintenance Therapy in Recurrent Ovarian Cancer in Europe23.3.2018 12:52 | Pressemelding
Clovis Oncology, Inc. (NASDAQ:CLVS) today announced the initiation of an early access program in Europe for rucaparib for treatment and as maintenance therapy in recurrent ovarian cancer. The program will be overseen and implemented by Caligor Coghlan, which specializes in early access to medicines. The program, to be known as the Rucaparib Access Program (RAP), will enable participation from certain countries in Europe, where permitted by applicable rules, procedures and regulatory authorities. The RAP protocol allows for rucaparib treatment of an individual patient with third-line or greater BRCA mutant epithelial, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal ovarian cancer who has platinum-sensitive disease and is unable to tolerate further platinum-based chemotherapy or has platinum-resistant disease and needs treatment with single agent rucaparib. The RAP protocol will also provide access to rucaparib for maintenance therapy of an individual patient with recurrent epithelial ovarian, fal
CHMP Grants Positive Opinion for Clovis Oncology’s Rubraca® (rucaparib) Tablets23.3.2018 12:50 | Pressemelding
Clovis Oncology, Inc. (NASDAQ: CLVS) today announced that the European Union’s (EU) European Medicines Agency (EMA) Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has adopted a positive opinion recommending the granting of a conditional marketing authorization for Rubraca as monotherapy treatment of adult patients with platinum sensitive, relapsed or progressive, BRCA mutated (germline and/or somatic), high-grade epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer, who have been treated with two or more prior lines of platinum based chemotherapy, and who are unable to tolerate further platinum based chemotherapy. The European Marketing Authorization application for the treatment indication was based on objective response rate and duration of response results from two multicenter, single-arm, open-label clinical trials, Study 10 and ARIEL2, in women with advanced BRCA mutant ovarian cancer who had progressed after two or more prior chemotherapies. “The recommendation
Janssen Announces Positive CHMP Opinion for JULUCATM▼ (dolutegravir/rilpivirine)23.3.2018 12:46 | Pressemelding
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson today announced that the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has issued a Positive Opinion recommending marketing authorisation for JULUCA™ (dolutegravir 50mg [ViiV Healthcare UK Ltd]/rilpivirine 25mg [Janssen Sciences Ireland UC]). Dolutegravir/rilpivirine is a single-pill, two-drug regimen for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection in adults who are virologically suppressed (HIV-1 RNA <50 c/mL) on a stable antiretroviral regimen for at least six months with no history of virological failure and no known or suspected resistance to any non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) or integrase strand transfer inhibitor (INSTI).1 “We are delighted to be one step closer to bringing JULUCA™ to people living with HIV in Europe,” said Mathai Mammen, M.D., Ph.D., Global Head, Janssen Research & Development, LLC. “Building on our 25-year c
Aitheon Executives Educate World Leaders on Benefits, Challenges of AI at the Annual World Government Summit in Dubai23.3.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
Aitheon, makers of the world’s first blockchain-powered platform to solve real problems by integrating AI, robotics, IoT, human specialists and cryptocurrency, announced today that executives from the company held a series of high-level briefings with world leaders at the Annual World Government Summit in Dubai. Briefings covered the benefits and challenges of AI, and revolutionary new solutions to world challenges made possible by transformative new technologies. (Read the full release at www.aitheon.com/news) This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180323005269/en/ Aitheon founder and CEO, Andrew Archer, and Chief Strategy Officer, Ryan Burleson, were invited to brief leaders at the Summit by Cyrus Hodes, Co-founder and Director of the AI Initiative, an undertaking of the Future Society at Harvard University’s Kennedy School. Archer and Burleson addressed a variety of AI-related topics, including the impact of AI on