Call for Speakers Now Open for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018
Annual Conference Moves to Frankfurt; Accepting Speaker Proposals Through August 10, 2018
RALEIGH, N.C., July 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL®, MariaDB and MongoDB®, PostgreSQL and other open source database solutions and services, today announced the Call for Speakers for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 is open and accepting proposals through August 10, 2018. The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 will take place November 5-7, 2018, at the Radisson Blu Frankfurt hotel in Frankfurt, Germany. Sponsorship opportunities are now available.
The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 is the premier open source database event. The theme for the upcoming conference is "Connect. Accelerate. Innovate." Percona Live conferences provide the open source database community with an opportunity to discover and discuss the latest open source trends, technologies and innovations. The conference includes the best and brightest innovators and influencers in the open source database industry.
The 2018 conference will introduce a new "business" track, which will take place on Monday, November 5. The new track will be targeted to business leaders who are exploring the use of open source and are interested in learning more about its benefits as well as common business pains and how these have been addressed through use cases and case studies.
The conference committee is looking for proposals that cover the many aspects of using, deploying and managing open source databases, including:
- Security - All of us have experienced security challenges. Whether they are initiated by legislature (GDPR), bugs (Meltdown/Spectre), experience (external attacks) or due diligence (planning for the worst), when do you have 'enough' security? Are you finding that security requirements are preventing your from being agile?
- Serverless, Cloud or On Premise - The technology landscape is no longer a simple one and mixing infrastructures has almost become the norm. Are you designing data architectures for the new landscape, and eager to share your experience? Have microservices become an important part of your plans?
- MySQL - Do you have an opinion on what is new and exciting in MySQL? With the release of MySQL 8.0, are you using the latest features? How and why? Are they helping you solve any business issues, or making deployment of applications and websites easier, faster or more efficient? Did the new release get you to change to MySQL? What do you see as the biggest impact of the MySQL 8.0 release? Do you use MySQL in conjunction with other databases in your environment?
- MongoDB - How has the 3.6 release improved your experience in application development or time-to-market? How are the new features making your database environment better? What is it about MongoDB 4.0 that excites you? What are your experiences with Atlas? Have you moved to it, and has it lived up to its promises? Do you use MongoDB in conjunction with other databases in your environment?
- PostgreSQL - Why do you use PostgreSQL as opposed to other SQL options? Have you done a comparison or benchmark of PostgreSQL vs. other types of databases related to your tasks? Why and what were the results? How does PostgreSQL help you with application performance or deployment? How do you use PostgreSQL in conjunction with other databases in your environment?
- SQL, NewSQL, NoSQL - It's become a perennial question without an easy answer. How do databases compare, how do you choose the right technology for the job, how do you trade off between features and their benefits in comparing databases? If you have ever tried a hybrid database approach in a single application, how did that work out? How nicely does MongoDB play with MySQL in the real world? Do you have anything to say about using SQL with NoSQL databases?
- High Availability - What choices are you making to ensure high availability? How do you find the balance between redundancy and cost? Are you using hot backups, and if so, what happened when you needed to rollback on them?
- Scalability - When did you recognize you needed to address data scale? Did your data growth take you by surprise or were you always in control? Did it take a degradation in performance to get your management to sit up and take notice? How do you plan for scale if you can't predict demand?
- What the Future Holds - What do you see as the "next big thing"? What new and exciting features are going to be released? What's in your next release? What new technologies will affect the database landscape? AI? Machine learning? Blockchain databases? Let us know about innovations you see on the way.
Breakout sessions are 50 minutes in length, including a Q&A. Tutorial sessions are three or six hours in length, focused on an immediate and practical application of in-depth knowledge, and targeted at a level between a training class and a conference breakout session. Tutorial speakers should assume that attendees will have laptops to work through detailed and potentially hands-on presentations. Lightning Talks are five-minute presentations focusing on one key point that interests the open source community: technical, lighthearted or entertaining talks on new ideas, a successful project, a cautionary story, a quick tip or demonstration.
Selected speakers will receive a complimentary full conference pass.
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 are available and offer the opportunity to interact with hundreds of DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors, and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship details.
Percona Live Conferences
What: Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018
Where: Radisson Blu Frankfurt, Franklinstraße 65, Frankfurt, Germany
When: November 5-7, 2018
Call for Papers Deadline: August 10, 2018
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® MariaDB®, MongoDB® and PostgreSQL across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona® is a registered trademark of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Percona via Globenewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Følg saker fra GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra GlobeNewswire
Bio-Fence announces a breakthrough in Food Safety18.1.2019 08:11 | Pressemelding
The company have successfully completed a field trial of its new anti-microbial coating technology. The trials demonstrated a significant reduction in bacterial contamination during sensitive food production processes ASHDOD, Israel, Jan. 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bio-Fence innovating coating technology announced today the successful completion of an intensive field trial on its innovative anti-microbial technology Pentagon. The trial was held in "Milouoff" (http://www.milouoff.co.il), one of the largest Ready to Eat poultry production sites in Israel and demonstrated superior results for Bio-Fence technology compared to alternatives. According to Mrs. Shiran Davidi, QA manager at Milouoff: “Bio-Fence technology seems to have clear benefits over existing antimicrobial solution. It is safe, highly potent and rechargeable.” The trial involved monitoring the performance of an epoxy floor coated with Bio-Fence anti-microbial technology compared to either commercial Silver Ion coating an
ERYTECH Presents TRYbeCA-1 Trial-in-Progress Poster at the 2019 ASCO GI Annual Meeting18.1.2019 07:00 | Pressemelding
LYON, France and CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Jan. 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ERYTECH Pharma (Euronext Paris: ERYP - Nasdaq: ERYP), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing innovative therapies by encapsulating drug substances inside red blood cells, announced that a poster entitled “TRYbeCA-1: A randomized, phase 3 study of eryaspase in combination with chemotherapy versus chemotherapy alone as second-line treatment in patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma (NCT03665441)” will be presented today at the 2019 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting in San Francisco. The poster (Abstract # TPS471) will be available at www.erytech.com after presentation at the conference. In September 2018, the TRYbeCA-1 trial was initiated. The Trial-in-Progress poster will provide an update on the study progress with investigators sites that have been initiated in multiple countries and actively recruiting patients. The trial is planned to enroll approximately 500 patients with
Fossil Group Enters Agreement To Sell Select Smartwatch Technology To Google17.1.2019 18:30 | Pressemelding
Transaction Unlocks Growth Opportunities for Fossil Group’s Wearables Business RICHARDSON, Texas, Jan. 17, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today, Fossil Group (NASDAQ:FOSL) announced its plan to sell to Google for $40 million intellectual property (IP) related to a smartwatch technology currently under development by Fossil Group. As part of the transaction, a portion of Fossil Group’s research and development (R&D) team currently supporting the transferring IP will join Google. Fossil Group retains more than 200 R&D team members to focus on innovation and product development. The transaction showcases Fossil Group and Google’s shared investment in the wearables industry. In recent years, smartwatches have become Fossil Group’s fastest growing category. The company successfully developed and launched smartwatches across 14 of its owned and licensed brands. “Fossil Group has experienced significant success in its wearables business by focusing on product design and development informed by our
Calgon Carbon Corporation Announces Global Price Increase17.1.2019 17:16 | Pressemelding
Pittsburgh, PA, Jan. 17, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Calgon Carbon Corporation today announced a global price increase, effective February 1, 2019, where contracts permit, on all activated carbon products and related equipment due to a continued escalation in raw material costs and transportation expenses. The increase is expected to range between 10-15%, depending on the specific product, raw material type, services provided, and global market dynamics. The primary raw materials used for producing activated carbon are coal, coconut shell, and wood, each of which has gone up in price. Additionally, costs associated with both operating manufacturing facilities and transporting materials have also escalated. “Calgon Carbon’s raw material costs have increased significantly. Despite every effort to offset these increases through continuous improvements, the recent rise in raw material costs has exceeded our efforts,” said Jim Coccagno, Chief Commercial Officer for Calgon Carbon Corporation. “
Taconic Biosciences’ Animals Complete Most Recent Mission to the International Space Station17.1.2019 15:29 | Pressemelding
RENSSELAER, N.Y., Jan. 17, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Taconic Biosciences, a global leader in providing genetically engineered rodent model solutions, announces the completion of a recent mission to the International Space Station. This project represents a collaboration between the International Space Station (ISS) National Lab, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Bioserve Space Technologies with support from the Leidos Corporation, and Taconic. Taconic has participated in several spaceflight missions with NASA since 1985. Most recently, as part of the science and research investigation payloads supported by the SpaceX Commercial Resupply Services missions, Taconic prepared mice to live aboard the International Space Station for extended periods. Previous spaceflight studies demonstrated that mice undergo rapid loss of muscle and bone mass, resembling accelerated aging. Therefore, mice exposed to microgravity via spaceflight are a valuable model to understand and devel
MPP Global Bridges the Innovation Gap by Centralising Physical and Digital Subscriber Management and Billing in a Single Cloud Platform17.1.2019 12:29 | Pressemelding
WARRINGTON, UK, Jan. 17, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MPP Global, the technology company that delivers eSuite, the world’s smartest subscriber management & billing platform, announces the launch of pivotal new functionality which enables media organisations to seamlessly create and manage the sale of physical subscriptions. This positions eSuite as the complete physical and digital subscription management solution. The development of this industry-first functionality was borne out of the common challenge for publishers when managing multiple systems for deploying bundled print and digital subscriptions. This is inflexible for publishers and limits choice for their customers, restricting the ability to seamlessly create and offer digital and print subscription bundles. Despite increased consumer uptake of digital subscriptions, print still accounts for almost 90% of circulation revenues globally. To drive reader revenues successfully, publishers require functionality to execute complementar