Call for Speakers Now Open for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018
Annual Conference Moves to Frankfurt; Accepting Speaker Proposals Through August 10, 2018
RALEIGH, N.C., July 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL®, MariaDB and MongoDB®, PostgreSQL and other open source database solutions and services, today announced the Call for Speakers for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 is open and accepting proposals through August 10, 2018. The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 will take place November 5-7, 2018, at the Radisson Blu Frankfurt hotel in Frankfurt, Germany. Sponsorship opportunities are now available.
The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 is the premier open source database event. The theme for the upcoming conference is "Connect. Accelerate. Innovate." Percona Live conferences provide the open source database community with an opportunity to discover and discuss the latest open source trends, technologies and innovations. The conference includes the best and brightest innovators and influencers in the open source database industry.
The 2018 conference will introduce a new "business" track, which will take place on Monday, November 5. The new track will be targeted to business leaders who are exploring the use of open source and are interested in learning more about its benefits as well as common business pains and how these have been addressed through use cases and case studies.
The conference committee is looking for proposals that cover the many aspects of using, deploying and managing open source databases, including:
- Security - All of us have experienced security challenges. Whether they are initiated by legislature (GDPR), bugs (Meltdown/Spectre), experience (external attacks) or due diligence (planning for the worst), when do you have 'enough' security? Are you finding that security requirements are preventing your from being agile?
- Serverless, Cloud or On Premise - The technology landscape is no longer a simple one and mixing infrastructures has almost become the norm. Are you designing data architectures for the new landscape, and eager to share your experience? Have microservices become an important part of your plans?
- MySQL - Do you have an opinion on what is new and exciting in MySQL? With the release of MySQL 8.0, are you using the latest features? How and why? Are they helping you solve any business issues, or making deployment of applications and websites easier, faster or more efficient? Did the new release get you to change to MySQL? What do you see as the biggest impact of the MySQL 8.0 release? Do you use MySQL in conjunction with other databases in your environment?
- MongoDB - How has the 3.6 release improved your experience in application development or time-to-market? How are the new features making your database environment better? What is it about MongoDB 4.0 that excites you? What are your experiences with Atlas? Have you moved to it, and has it lived up to its promises? Do you use MongoDB in conjunction with other databases in your environment?
- PostgreSQL - Why do you use PostgreSQL as opposed to other SQL options? Have you done a comparison or benchmark of PostgreSQL vs. other types of databases related to your tasks? Why and what were the results? How does PostgreSQL help you with application performance or deployment? How do you use PostgreSQL in conjunction with other databases in your environment?
- SQL, NewSQL, NoSQL - It's become a perennial question without an easy answer. How do databases compare, how do you choose the right technology for the job, how do you trade off between features and their benefits in comparing databases? If you have ever tried a hybrid database approach in a single application, how did that work out? How nicely does MongoDB play with MySQL in the real world? Do you have anything to say about using SQL with NoSQL databases?
- High Availability - What choices are you making to ensure high availability? How do you find the balance between redundancy and cost? Are you using hot backups, and if so, what happened when you needed to rollback on them?
- Scalability - When did you recognize you needed to address data scale? Did your data growth take you by surprise or were you always in control? Did it take a degradation in performance to get your management to sit up and take notice? How do you plan for scale if you can't predict demand?
- What the Future Holds - What do you see as the "next big thing"? What new and exciting features are going to be released? What's in your next release? What new technologies will affect the database landscape? AI? Machine learning? Blockchain databases? Let us know about innovations you see on the way.
Breakout sessions are 50 minutes in length, including a Q&A. Tutorial sessions are three or six hours in length, focused on an immediate and practical application of in-depth knowledge, and targeted at a level between a training class and a conference breakout session. Tutorial speakers should assume that attendees will have laptops to work through detailed and potentially hands-on presentations. Lightning Talks are five-minute presentations focusing on one key point that interests the open source community: technical, lighthearted or entertaining talks on new ideas, a successful project, a cautionary story, a quick tip or demonstration.
Selected speakers will receive a complimentary full conference pass.
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 are available and offer the opportunity to interact with hundreds of DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors, and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Contact email@example.com for sponsorship details.
Percona Live Conferences
What: Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018
Where: Radisson Blu Frankfurt, Franklinstraße 65, Frankfurt, Germany
When: November 5-7, 2018
Call for Papers Deadline: August 10, 2018
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® MariaDB®, MongoDB® and PostgreSQL across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona® is a registered trademark of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Percona via Globenewswire
Om Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
+1 212 401 8700http://www.nasdaqomx.com
NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Mitratech Listed Among Financial Times’ Inaugural Top 35 Intelligent Business Award Winners and Other Prestigious Categories16.11.2018 10:00 | Pressemelding
Legal Tech Top 10 FTIL Intelligent Business Award for Contracting FTIL Intelligent Business Award for Use of Legal Technology AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Financial Times’ inaugural FT Intelligent Business Special Report has recognized Mitratech among the top companies with the greatest impact on the practice and business of law. The report highlights the integration of people, processes, and data to solve a legal business’ operational challenges and how the ramifications of this back-office revolution are felt across organizations everywhere. “The fact that the Financial Times is now tracking the impact of legal technology reinforces that the industry is at a tipping point,” said Jason Parkman, Mitratech CEO. “There’s more transformation that lies ahead. We are honored and humbled to be a part of that movement and in good company with several clients we were recognized with.” The company was presented with the following honors: FT Intelligent Business Top 35: M
GridGain Ranked 77th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500™16.11.2018 09:00 | Pressemelding
1,724 Percent Growth Over the Past Four Years Ranks 19th in the San Francisco Bay Area FOSTER CITY, Calif., Nov. 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GridGain® Systems, provider of enterprise-grade in-memory computing solutions based on Apache® Ignite™, is ranked No. 77 on the Deloitte 2018 Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and energy tech companies in North America. GridGain, which grew 1,724 percent over the past four years, was the 19th fastest growing company in the San Francisco Bay Area. “GridGain continues to benefit from strong market demand for our market-leading in-memory computing platform that helps customers realize their digital transformation and omnichannel customer experience initiatives,” said Abe Kleinfeld, President and CEO of GridGain Systems. “When you combine the best talent in the industry with great execution and strong customer demand, wonderful things happen.” “Congratulations to the Deloit
Bombardier Will Fully Cooperate with the AMF Review16.11.2018 00:06 | Pressemelding
MONTRÉAL, Nov. 15, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bombardier acknowledges the announcement by the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) that it is reviewing the operations surrounding the establishment by Bombardier of an Automatic Securities Disposition Plan (ASDP) in August 2018 and various subsequent announcements. The ASDP had been reviewed by the AMF prior to its establishment on August 15, 2018. Bombardier intends to fully cooperate with the AMF in its review. The Company has taken the necessary measures to suspend all sales of securities pursuant to the ASDP until further notice. About Bombardier With over 69,500 employees across four business segments, Bombardier is a global leader in the transportation industry, creating innovative and game-changing planes and trains. Our products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy efficiency, reliability and safety. Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Bombardier has product
ERYTECH Partners with New York Blood Center for Red Blood Cell Supply and Research15.11.2018 22:05 | Pressemelding
LYON, France and CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Nov. 15, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ERYTECH Pharma (Euronext: ERYP - Nasdaq: ERYP), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing innovative therapies by encapsulating drug substances inside red blood cells, today announced a strategic partnership with New York Blood Center (NYBC) for red blood cell supply and research. The partnership encompasses NYBC becoming a long-term supplier of donor red blood cells (RBC) to ERYTECH, enabling ERYTECH to diversify and broaden its supply of RBC source materials for the production of eryaspase and future product candidates derived from its proprietary ERYCAPS® platform as the company ramps up clinical development. Specifically for the Phase 3 trial in second-line metastatic pancreatic cancer that recently started enrolling patients in Europe, and the Phase 2 trial in first-line triple negative breast cancer (TNBC), which are both expected to begin enrollment in the United States early in 2019. The partnershi
Zageno Deepens Engagement with Scientists and Vendors through Its Meaningful and Unbiased Rating System for Scientific Products — Scientific Score gets Algorithm Update15.11.2018 15:37 | Pressemelding
Call for Contributions: Zageno’s rating system for scientific products — the Scientific Score — adds a crucial dimension to help research scientists purchase the right material for their experiment. Scientists: share your experimental data and professional experience about products; Life Science Vendors: provide additional product-specific resources and data points to make your products reach the right scientist CAMBRIDGE, Mass. USA and BERLIN, Germany, Nov. 15, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zageno Inc., the largest and fastest-growing online marketplace for research materials, today issues an open call for scientists and vendors alike to contribute to the continuous improvement of the Scientific Score. Designed as an unbiased indicator to help purchasing scientists navigate the enormous amount of product information, the Scientific Score is the result of proprietary algorithms calculating and weighing different data points across multiple information formats. Among others, factors like rec
Motiv Ring Expands International Footprint and Delivers Industry-First Sizing Process15.11.2018 15:00 | Pressemelding
The wearable ring lands in 20 new countries and eight new stores, and introduces frictionless sizing method SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 15, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Motiv Inc., creators of breakthrough wearable technology, today announced an increase of its product availability through new international availability and a new digital sizing set alternative. Motiv Ring’s international expansion will be through its website MyMotiv.com. Featured countries include: North America (Canada), Europe (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Norway and Switzerland), as well as Japan, Taiwan, Turkey, Australia and New Zealand. Good fit is imperative to great functionality. To date, Motiv Ring users select their sizes after receiving a physical sizing kit in the mail. Releasing in Open Beta , Motiv Ring users will now have the additional option of determining their Motiv size via a
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom