Call for Speakers Now Open for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018
Annual Conference Moves to Frankfurt; Accepting Speaker Proposals Through August 10, 2018
RALEIGH, N.C., July 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL®, MariaDB and MongoDB®, PostgreSQL and other open source database solutions and services, today announced the Call for Speakers for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 is open and accepting proposals through August 10, 2018. The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 will take place November 5-7, 2018, at the Radisson Blu Frankfurt hotel in Frankfurt, Germany. Sponsorship opportunities are now available.
The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 is the premier open source database event. The theme for the upcoming conference is "Connect. Accelerate. Innovate." Percona Live conferences provide the open source database community with an opportunity to discover and discuss the latest open source trends, technologies and innovations. The conference includes the best and brightest innovators and influencers in the open source database industry.
The 2018 conference will introduce a new "business" track, which will take place on Monday, November 5. The new track will be targeted to business leaders who are exploring the use of open source and are interested in learning more about its benefits as well as common business pains and how these have been addressed through use cases and case studies.
The conference committee is looking for proposals that cover the many aspects of using, deploying and managing open source databases, including:
- Security - All of us have experienced security challenges. Whether they are initiated by legislature (GDPR), bugs (Meltdown/Spectre), experience (external attacks) or due diligence (planning for the worst), when do you have 'enough' security? Are you finding that security requirements are preventing your from being agile?
- Serverless, Cloud or On Premise - The technology landscape is no longer a simple one and mixing infrastructures has almost become the norm. Are you designing data architectures for the new landscape, and eager to share your experience? Have microservices become an important part of your plans?
- MySQL - Do you have an opinion on what is new and exciting in MySQL? With the release of MySQL 8.0, are you using the latest features? How and why? Are they helping you solve any business issues, or making deployment of applications and websites easier, faster or more efficient? Did the new release get you to change to MySQL? What do you see as the biggest impact of the MySQL 8.0 release? Do you use MySQL in conjunction with other databases in your environment?
- MongoDB - How has the 3.6 release improved your experience in application development or time-to-market? How are the new features making your database environment better? What is it about MongoDB 4.0 that excites you? What are your experiences with Atlas? Have you moved to it, and has it lived up to its promises? Do you use MongoDB in conjunction with other databases in your environment?
- PostgreSQL - Why do you use PostgreSQL as opposed to other SQL options? Have you done a comparison or benchmark of PostgreSQL vs. other types of databases related to your tasks? Why and what were the results? How does PostgreSQL help you with application performance or deployment? How do you use PostgreSQL in conjunction with other databases in your environment?
- SQL, NewSQL, NoSQL - It's become a perennial question without an easy answer. How do databases compare, how do you choose the right technology for the job, how do you trade off between features and their benefits in comparing databases? If you have ever tried a hybrid database approach in a single application, how did that work out? How nicely does MongoDB play with MySQL in the real world? Do you have anything to say about using SQL with NoSQL databases?
- High Availability - What choices are you making to ensure high availability? How do you find the balance between redundancy and cost? Are you using hot backups, and if so, what happened when you needed to rollback on them?
- Scalability - When did you recognize you needed to address data scale? Did your data growth take you by surprise or were you always in control? Did it take a degradation in performance to get your management to sit up and take notice? How do you plan for scale if you can't predict demand?
- What the Future Holds - What do you see as the "next big thing"? What new and exciting features are going to be released? What's in your next release? What new technologies will affect the database landscape? AI? Machine learning? Blockchain databases? Let us know about innovations you see on the way.
Breakout sessions are 50 minutes in length, including a Q&A. Tutorial sessions are three or six hours in length, focused on an immediate and practical application of in-depth knowledge, and targeted at a level between a training class and a conference breakout session. Tutorial speakers should assume that attendees will have laptops to work through detailed and potentially hands-on presentations. Lightning Talks are five-minute presentations focusing on one key point that interests the open source community: technical, lighthearted or entertaining talks on new ideas, a successful project, a cautionary story, a quick tip or demonstration.
Selected speakers will receive a complimentary full conference pass.
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 are available and offer the opportunity to interact with hundreds of DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors, and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship details.
Percona Live Conferences
What: Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018
Where: Radisson Blu Frankfurt, Franklinstraße 65, Frankfurt, Germany
When: November 5-7, 2018
Call for Papers Deadline: August 10, 2018
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® MariaDB®, MongoDB® and PostgreSQL across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona® is a registered trademark of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Percona via Globenewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Følg saker fra GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra GlobeNewswire
Real World Cloud Orchestration Facilitates Easy Migration to All-IP18.4.2019 22:05:00 CEST | Pressemelding
For All-IP service providers in Malta and the Netherlands, Patton Cloud edge orchestration has lowered costs with fast, simple activation and management of enterprise IP-Telephony services SmartNode VoIP… More than Just Talk! BERN, Switzerland, April 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Patton—a U.S. network-equipment manufacturer and multi-national provider of enabling solutions for virtualized network function virtualization (NFV) SD-WAN, All-IP, and unified communications (UC) services—has saved the day for Dutch and Maltese national IP-communications providers with its Patton Cloud network edge orchestration service. VIDEO: Cloud Powered Services Netherlands ISDN Services are going away in the Netherlands. Yet scores of business subscribers can't simply jump into an All-IP network overnight. Investments in ISDN-based systems, fused with established business-processes, preclude such reckless dismantling of on-premise legacy systems. Business customers need flexibility to manage migration to
Acreage Holdings Announces Signing of Arrangement Agreement18.4.2019 17:02:00 CEST | Pressemelding
FRANKFURT, Germany, April 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Acreage Holdings, Inc. (“Acreage”) (CSE:ACRG.U) (OTC:ACRGF) (FSE:0VZ) and Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) (TSX:WEED) (NYSE:CGC) (together, the “Companies”) entered into a definitive arrangement agreement (the "Agreement") that grants Canopy Growth the right to acquire 100 percent of the shares of Acreage (the “Right”), with a requirement to do so at such time as cannabis production and sale becomes federally legal in the United States of America (the "Transaction"), subject to obtaining the requisite prior approval of the shareholders of each of Acreage and Canopy Growth, respectively (the “Shareholder Approval”), as well as the approval of the Supreme Court of British Columbia, Canada (the “Court Approval”). Following the Shareholder Approval and the Court Approval, under the terms of the Agreement, and upon exercise of the Right, the total consideration payable pursuant to the Transaction is valued at approximatel
WillScot to Participate at the Credit Suisse Extreme Services Conference18.4.2019 16:19:00 CEST | Pressemelding
BALTIMORE, April 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- WillScot Corporation (“WillScot”) (NASDAQ: WSC), the specialty rental services market leader providing innovative modular space and portable storage solutions across North America, today announced that Brad Soultz, President and Chief Executive Officer, and Tim Boswell, Chief Financial Officer, will host a day of one-on-one and group meetings with investors at the Credit Suisse Extreme Services Conference to be held at Credit Suisse’s New York City office, on Tuesday, May 7, 2019. About WillScot Corporation Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, WillScot is the public holding company for the Williams Scotsman family of companies. WillScot trades on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the ticker symbol "WSC," and is the specialty rental services market leader providing innovative modular space and portable storage solutions across North America. WillScot is the modular space supplier of choice for the construction, education, health care, governm
TrueCommerce Datalliance Releases First Platform Update of 201918.4.2019 16:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Supply chain software company expands self-service options, more control for customers’ data CINCINNATI, April 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- TrueCommerce, a global provider of trading partner connectivity, integration and unified commerce solutions, has announced today that TrueCommerce Datalliance, its division focusing on vendor managed inventory (VMI) and collaborative replenishment (CR) software, has released its first of three software updates for 2019. In addition to general reliability and stability fixes, the update provides customers with more control over updating specific fields and who has access to that information, as well as adding store-driven demand. Doug Bethea, Vice President of Consumer Goods Solutions said, “Every update is multifaceted. We implement necessary security changes and adjust code to optimize performance for our customers. We also bring our own ideas as value-adds. Additionally, we are always working with customers to implement advanced features as it is
Constellation Brands Enters Into Agreement with Canopy Growth Corporation to Modify Warrants and Other Rights18.4.2019 15:33:00 CEST | Pressemelding
VICTOR, N.Y., April 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Constellation Brands, Inc. (NYSE: STZ and STZ.B), a leading beverage alcohol company, today announced that it plans to enter into an agreement with Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy”) (TSX: WEED, NYSE: CGC), a leading diversified cannabis company, to modify certain warrants and other rights. These changes are the result of Canopy’s intentions to acquire Acreage Holdings, Inc. (“Acreage”) upon U.S. Federal cannabis legalization. Earlier today, Canopy announced (see Canopy press release “Canopy Growth Announces Option to Acquire Leading U.S. Multi-state Cannabis Operator, Acreage Holdings”) it has entered into an agreement with Acreage, a U.S. multi-state cannabis operator, where Canopy plans to acquire the shares of Acreage upon U.S. Federal cannabis legalization (the “Triggering Event”), subject to certain conditions. This transaction, as well as proposed modifications to certain Constellation warrants, are subject to approval by Canopy
Resverlogix’ BETonMACE Phase 3 Trial Successfully Reaches its Targeted 250 MACE Events18.4.2019 14:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
World’s First Phase 3 BET Bromodomain Epigenetics Trial Reaches Events Target CALGARY, Alberta, April 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Resverlogix Corp. (“Resverlogix” or the "Company") (TSX:RVX) today announces that BETonMACE, the Company’s event-based, phase 3 registration trial has successfully reached 250 projected major adverse cardiac events (MACE), strictly defined as cardiovascular death, non-fatal myocardial infarction and stroke, moving the trial towards completion. Successful data from this trial would enable Resverlogix to proceed towards the regulatory approval and commercialization of its lead drug, apabetalone. “Resverlogix staff and stakeholders have worked diligently for the past 18 years to attain this extremely exciting goal,” said Donald McCaffrey, President and CEO of Resverlogix. “The trial’s extensive breakthrough clinical data will soon be available to Resverlogix. Successfully meeting the trial’s endpoints, the substantial data set and otherwise new findings would