Call for Speakers Now Open for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018
Annual Conference Moves to Frankfurt; Accepting Speaker Proposals Through August 10, 2018
RALEIGH, N.C., July 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL®, MariaDB and MongoDB®, PostgreSQL and other open source database solutions and services, today announced the Call for Speakers for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 is open and accepting proposals through August 10, 2018. The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 will take place November 5-7, 2018, at the Radisson Blu Frankfurt hotel in Frankfurt, Germany. Sponsorship opportunities are now available.
The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 is the premier open source database event. The theme for the upcoming conference is "Connect. Accelerate. Innovate." Percona Live conferences provide the open source database community with an opportunity to discover and discuss the latest open source trends, technologies and innovations. The conference includes the best and brightest innovators and influencers in the open source database industry.
The 2018 conference will introduce a new "business" track, which will take place on Monday, November 5. The new track will be targeted to business leaders who are exploring the use of open source and are interested in learning more about its benefits as well as common business pains and how these have been addressed through use cases and case studies.
The conference committee is looking for proposals that cover the many aspects of using, deploying and managing open source databases, including:
- Security - All of us have experienced security challenges. Whether they are initiated by legislature (GDPR), bugs (Meltdown/Spectre), experience (external attacks) or due diligence (planning for the worst), when do you have 'enough' security? Are you finding that security requirements are preventing your from being agile?
- Serverless, Cloud or On Premise - The technology landscape is no longer a simple one and mixing infrastructures has almost become the norm. Are you designing data architectures for the new landscape, and eager to share your experience? Have microservices become an important part of your plans?
- MySQL - Do you have an opinion on what is new and exciting in MySQL? With the release of MySQL 8.0, are you using the latest features? How and why? Are they helping you solve any business issues, or making deployment of applications and websites easier, faster or more efficient? Did the new release get you to change to MySQL? What do you see as the biggest impact of the MySQL 8.0 release? Do you use MySQL in conjunction with other databases in your environment?
- MongoDB - How has the 3.6 release improved your experience in application development or time-to-market? How are the new features making your database environment better? What is it about MongoDB 4.0 that excites you? What are your experiences with Atlas? Have you moved to it, and has it lived up to its promises? Do you use MongoDB in conjunction with other databases in your environment?
- PostgreSQL - Why do you use PostgreSQL as opposed to other SQL options? Have you done a comparison or benchmark of PostgreSQL vs. other types of databases related to your tasks? Why and what were the results? How does PostgreSQL help you with application performance or deployment? How do you use PostgreSQL in conjunction with other databases in your environment?
- SQL, NewSQL, NoSQL - It's become a perennial question without an easy answer. How do databases compare, how do you choose the right technology for the job, how do you trade off between features and their benefits in comparing databases? If you have ever tried a hybrid database approach in a single application, how did that work out? How nicely does MongoDB play with MySQL in the real world? Do you have anything to say about using SQL with NoSQL databases?
- High Availability - What choices are you making to ensure high availability? How do you find the balance between redundancy and cost? Are you using hot backups, and if so, what happened when you needed to rollback on them?
- Scalability - When did you recognize you needed to address data scale? Did your data growth take you by surprise or were you always in control? Did it take a degradation in performance to get your management to sit up and take notice? How do you plan for scale if you can't predict demand?
- What the Future Holds - What do you see as the "next big thing"? What new and exciting features are going to be released? What's in your next release? What new technologies will affect the database landscape? AI? Machine learning? Blockchain databases? Let us know about innovations you see on the way.
Breakout sessions are 50 minutes in length, including a Q&A. Tutorial sessions are three or six hours in length, focused on an immediate and practical application of in-depth knowledge, and targeted at a level between a training class and a conference breakout session. Tutorial speakers should assume that attendees will have laptops to work through detailed and potentially hands-on presentations. Lightning Talks are five-minute presentations focusing on one key point that interests the open source community: technical, lighthearted or entertaining talks on new ideas, a successful project, a cautionary story, a quick tip or demonstration.
Selected speakers will receive a complimentary full conference pass.
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018 are available and offer the opportunity to interact with hundreds of DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors, and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Contact email@example.com for sponsorship details.
Percona Live Conferences
What: Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2018
Where: Radisson Blu Frankfurt, Franklinstraße 65, Frankfurt, Germany
When: November 5-7, 2018
Call for Papers Deadline: August 10, 2018
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® MariaDB®, MongoDB® and PostgreSQL across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona® is a registered trademark of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Percona via Globenewswire
Om Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
+1 212 401 8700http://www.nasdaqomx.com
NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
2018 Farnborough Air Show Marks Debut of Bombardier New ATMOSPHÈRE Cabin16.7.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
MONTRÉAL, July 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bombardier Commercial Aircraft unveiled the interior of the first CRJ Series aircraft with the new ATMOSPHÈRE cabin design on the opening day of the Farnborough International Air Show in the United Kingdom. Bombardier showcased the new cabin alongside launch operator Delta Air Lines and supplier Zodiac Aerospace during its air show inauguration event. "Our product is evolving, and this signature cabin design represents the latest innovation to our very successful regional jet program," said Fred Cromer, President, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft. "This cabin design will add value to airlines, the feedback has already been very positive as demonstrated with the recent momentum we have gained in the market." The CRJ900 aircraft on static display at the airshow is painted in Delta Air Lines livery and fitted with the ATMOSPHÈRE cabin. Bombardier will also emphasize its presence at the airshow from July 16-20 with a display of a Q400 aircraft in t
Aviation Solutions Provider Hawker Pacific to Collaborate with Pratt Whitney Canada on Array of Engine Maintenance Services16.7.2018 11:00 | Pressemelding
Agreement covers most PWC engine models and Digital Engine Services in Asia Pacific and the Middle East FARNBOROUGH, England, July 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC), a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), today announced it has signed an agreement with Hawker Pacific under which the two companies will work together in a number of areas to further enhance the delivery of customer services and solutions. The comprehensive agreement spans most P&WC engine models and diagnostics and prognostics products across all segments: business aviation, general aviation, offshore, utility, regional aviation and defense and security. "Our agreement with P&WC is a testament to our continued commitment to delivering world class services and support to customers in Asia Pacific and the Middle East," said Doug Park, COO, Hawker Pacific. "We are thrilled to be working closely with P&WC to further extend their world class service network and deliver exceptional value
Fortuna reports production of 2.3 million ounces of silver and 14,557 ounces of gold for the second quarter of 201816.7.2018 11:00 | Pressemelding
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, July 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. (NYSE:FSM) (TSX:FVI) is pleased to report production results for the second quarter of 2018 from its two operating mines in Latin America, the San Jose Mine in Mexico and the Caylloma Mine in Peru. The Company produced 2.3 million ounces of silver and 14,557 ounces of gold plus base metal by-products. Silver and gold production for the first six months totaled 4.7 million ounces and 29,597 ounces respectively; being 13 percent and 20 percent above the Company's mid-year projection. Fortuna is on schedule to produce 8.3 million ounces of silver and 48.3 thousand ounces of gold or 11.4 million Ag Eq1 ounces in 2018 in accordance with our production guidance (see Fortuna news release dated January 17, 2018). Second Quarter Production Highlights Silver production of 2,321,315 ounces; 10 percent increase over Q2 2017 Gold production of 14,557 ounces; in line with Q2 2017 Lead production of 7,186,541 pou
YouGov poll reveals UK adults are seeking innovative, digital payment experiences from their banks16.7.2018 01:04 | Pressemelding
New research showcases a list of innovative ways we'd like better protection against fraud and a more active role in controlling our payment cards· Switching cards on and off for better fraud controls, quickly reactivating blocked cards and mobile app based self-service is the future London, UK, July 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- UK adults are ready for real-time interaction with their banks. The results of a recent YouGov survey, on behalf of Ondot, revealed today that online security and fraud prevention comes top in what Brits think banks should guarantee, with 60% wanting 'peace of mind' when using cards online. The survey also discovered that consumers are keen to play a much more proactive role in managing their personal finances. New ways of managing their card services before, during and after a payment; how, when and where cards are used and the ability switch your card 'on' and 'off' to create extra vigilance against fraud - are all important to today's card user. The omnibus
GlobeNewswire Test Release14.7.2018 07:00 | Pressemelding
LOS ANGELES, July 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- This is a test from GlobeNewswire. Readers are advised to disregard. TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING -- TESTING – -END- CONTACT: Karen Yu Senior Director, Global Head of GlobeNewswire Media Relations Direct: +1 310 258 6917 Mobile: +1 626 389 7427 or David Didier Lislet Manager, GlobeNewswire Media Relations, EMEA Phone: +33 185 341 347 Mobile: +33 603 702 885
Brookfield Asset Management 2018 Second Quarter Results Conference Call And Webcast13.7.2018 16:04 | Pressemelding
Date: Thursday, August 9, 2018 Time: 11:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) TORONTO, July 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Second Quarter Conference Call You are invited to participate in Brookfield Asset Management's 2018 Second Quarter Conference Call & Webcast on Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) to discuss with members of senior management our results and current business initiatives. These results will be released on August 9th before 7:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) and will be available following the release on our website at www.brookfield.com "News - Press Releases." The Conference Call will also be Webcast live on our website, where it will be archived for future reference. To participate in the Conference Call, please dial (877) 255-3077 toll free in North America, or for overseas calls please dial (647) 252-4453 at approximately 10:50 a.m. The Conference Call will also be Webcast live at https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/1795914/64490BD29FBE43FAF176E3AF02943920. For those unable to p
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom