Brexit & Global Expansion Summit, 16-18 October 2016
Entrepreneur and former conference director of Mobile World Congress Fernando Faria today announced the launch of Brexit & Global Expansion Summit, the world’s largest event on Brexit, scheduled to take place on 16-18 October at the Intercontinental O2 in London.
The large-scale three-day conference and exhibition will convene the most influential leaders, providing practical insights and takeaways on the impact of Brexit on corporate international expansion strategies.
The conference programme will provide the greatest insight yet on what Brexit means for businesses in both the short and long term. As part of a 130-strong world-class speaker lineup, over 60 industry and policy leaders will join a critical and timely debate around Brexit focused on how business leaders can navigate an upcoming period of prolonged uncertainty.
Topics covered will include:
- Can London keep its status as the #1 Global Financial Centre?
- How can multilateral organisations prevent isolationist economic policies following Brexit?
- Beyond economy: How will Brexit impact London as a top destination for global talent?
- The impact of Brexit on contracts: Can Brexit be considered “force majeure” in some cases?
- Assessing UK post-Brexit FDI attractiveness: Can we expect more deals like Softbank/ARM?
- Global financial institutions: Where to locate in the future?
- Models for global expansion post-Brexit: Only the agile will survive
- How will Brexit impact the investment strategy for Sovereign Wealth Funds
- EU trade relationships: Industry advocacy for continuity of friendly terms
- UK-EU value chain management: Planning for the return of tariffs and duties
- How to retain your top management in an age of high talent mobility?
- Will the end of EU tax directives push multinationals out of the UK?
- How will Brexit impact competition law and M&A deals going forward?
- Currency wars: What does Brexit mean for the Sterling/Euro as a preferred international currency?
- Measuring uncertainty: Scenario building and risk mitigation post-Brexit
- Commercial diplomacy goes mainstream: Brexit and the challenge for industry advocacy
- How can dependencies like Gibraltar, Guernsey and Jersey benefit from their special status?
- The big bilateral treaty “Goldrush”: How can some of the EU states benefits from deals with UK?
- Could there be a resurgence in the trading power of British Commonwealth states?
“Now is the time for a pragmatic discussion about Brexit, including its wide-ranging implications and impact on corporate strategic planning. Brexit & Global Expansion Summit brings together a community of influential executives to bridge the gap between corporate and government leaders and to make a difference in the overall investment climate.” said Fernando Faria, founder and managing director of Brexit & Global Expansion Summit.
“Brexit is just the beginning of a seismic change in global geopolitics and the economic world order in place since the 1940s, realigning the world economy under a different brand of globalisation. London is where this is all happening and our event provides the perfect platform at the right time for this debate,” said Faria.
Over 100 speakers have already been confirmed including:
- Steve Barnett, Director of Financial Centre Development, Abu Dhabi Global Market
- Scarlett Sieber, SVP, Global Business Development New Digital Businesses, BBVA
- Diomedes Kastanis, VP, Head of Technology CTO Software Solutions BUSS, Ericsson
- Hubertus Väth, Managing Director, Frankfurt Main Finance
- Denzil Samuels, Global Head of Channels, Business Development & Ventures, GE Digital
- Dr Remo Gerber, CEO UK & Western Europe, Gett
- John Palfreyman, Director, Blockchain Labs, IBM
- Jeffrey Franks, Director, IMF Europe Office
- Astrid Hartmann, SVP of Global Business Services, Lufthansa
- Kaan Terzioglu, CEO, Turkcell
- Jambu Palaniappan, Regional General Manager - EMEA, Uber
Along with the world-class conference programme, the event will feature a 2,000m2 exhibition hall, workshops, private meetings and networking opportunities.
To register for the Brexit & Global Expansion Summit, or to enquire about exhibition, sponsorship and speaking opportunities, visit www.gxpsummit.com.
Brexit & Global Expansion Summit
Holly Roberts, +44 02032834477
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Proton OnSite Has Been Awarded a Contract for Approximately USD 1.8 Million and Assumes the Lead Role in the US Government Advanced Water Splitting Benchmarking Project23.10.2017 21:02 | Pressemelding
Proton OnSite (Proton), a wholly owned subsidiary of Nel ASA, Oslo Norway (Nel, OSE:NEL) has been awarded a contract for approximately USD 1.8 million to participate in the US Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) Advanced Water Splitting Benchmarking Project. This is a critical piece of DOE’s HydroGEN Energy Materials Network (EMN) consortium, which was launched to accelerate the discovery and development of materials for low cost hydrogen production, enabling energy storage, resiliency and economic opportunities across sectors. Proton will work with DOE National Laboratories and lead a team to ensure that all experimental results across the water splitting research community are properly vetted, standards are set for comparison, and roadmaps are developed including research priorities and capability needs. Kathy Ayers, Proton’s Vice President of Research and Development, has been named overall project
SES Networks Works with Project Loon to Restore Connectivity in Puerto Rico23.10.2017 17:14 | Pressemelding
SES Networks' high throughput and fibre-like satellite connectivity service, the stratospheric balloons operated by X, Alphabet’s self-described “moonshot factory”, and local telecommunications expertise are playing a key role in restoring 4G/LTE connectivity in disaster-affected Puerto Rico, SES announced today. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171023006165/en/ SES Networks Works with Project Loon to Restore Connectivity in Puerto Rico (Photo: Business Wire) The connectivity is powered by Project Loon's targeted cell coverage and SES Networks' O3b FastConnect, a rapidly deployable satellite terminal delivering fibre-like performance. Together with local technology partners, SES Networks and X are providing reliable high-performance connectivity to Puerto Ricans whose lives have been dev
Sagemcom Unveils the Next-Generation Multi-Gigabit Solutions23.10.2017 16:05 | Pressemelding
AFTER THE SUCCESS OF ITS ONE GIGABIT GATEWAY RANGE, SAGEMCOM RELEASES TO THE OPERATORS THE NEXT GENERATION MULTI-GIGABIT GATEWAYS – VDSL 35B / G.FAST / PON, 2.5G/10G PON, DOCSIS 3.1 – INTEGRATING HIGH EFFICIENCY 802.11AX Wi-Fi, IN ADDITION TO NEW SMART HOME CONNECTIVITY SOLUTIONS INCLUDING DISTRIBUTED WI-FI, VOICE CONTROL AND HOME AUTOMATION. The VDSL 35B / G.fast / FTTH / PON universal gateway, F@st 5380, integrates G.fast 212MHz, GPON and 802.11ax Wi-Fi, enabling the operators to deliver Multi-Gigabit end-to-end services, and to meet the growing bandwidth required by the end-users. F@st 5380 benefits from the last innovations of the in-house field proven Sagemcom SWANTM software suite including big data, Wi-Fi distribution, smart diagnostics… The next generation Fiber gateways range includes two products: F@st 5688ax for 10G PON (XGS-PON
Moody’s Analytics Launches the CreditLens™ Platform23.10.2017 15:43 | Pressemelding
Moody’s Analytics has launched the CreditLens platform, our next-generation credit origination and risk monitoring solution. This new platform offers flexibility, configurability, and efficiency to lending institutions striving to establish smarter and leaner loan origination practices. The CreditLens platform reduces time-to-decision while tapping into powerful models and insightful analytics that help lenders manage risk and drive productivity. Lenders gain efficiency from the solution’s automated spreading capability and a flexible model authoring module. They also gain deep insights from built-in Moody’s Analytics Risk Grading features and Business Insights dashboards, which provide a complete view of the lender’s credit relationships. Automation in the platform also reduces errors and preserves data lineage throughout the credit assessment and origination process.
Knopp Biosciences Announces Renewal of NIH Blueprint Grant Award for Advancing KCNQ2 Modulators in Epilepsy23.10.2017 15:11 | Pressemelding
Knopp Biosciences LLC today announced the renewal and expansion of its grant award from the National Institutes of Health Blueprint Neurotherapeutics Network to advance novel treatments for epilepsy. The Phase 2 award under the NIH Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program anticipates NIH support of up to $2 million over the next three years of the project, subject to satisfactory completion of milestones. The renewal follows the successful completion of all milestones under a previously awarded Phase 1 grant of $400,000. Knopp is directing its potassium channel activator program to preclinical and clinical development of small-molecule drug candidates against a validated, anti-seizure pharmaceutical target encoded by the KCNQ2 gene. Knopp intends to advance novel, small-molecule KCNQ2 activators in neonatal epileptic encephalopathy, a rare disorder caused by inherit
HCL Technologies Powers Volvo Ocean Race 2017-1823.10.2017 13:02 | Pressemelding
The 2017-18 edition of the Volvo Ocean Race was flagged off at Alicante, Spain, with HCL Technologies as the strategic IT services provider. The leading global IT services company has provided end-to-end infrastructure support as well as connectivity between the Race Village and the Command Centre in Alicante further connecting them to 12 Host Cities on the race route globally. The world's longest and toughest professional sporting event began at Alicante and will finish eight months later at The Hague. At the flag-off, Jordi Neves, Chief Digital Officer, Volvo Ocean Race, said: “Over four decades, Volvo Ocean Race has drawn some of the greatest ever sailors. This edition of the race will be more digitally focused than before, with HCL as the strategic IT services provider. This edition is also special for us as we embark on a major Sustainability Program in partnership wi
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom