Biogen Confirms Commitment to Tackle Multiple Sclerosis Through Comprehensive Approach
Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) confirms its comprehensive approach to tackle multiple sclerosis (MS) at the seventh Joint Meeting of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in MS and Americas Committee for Treatment and Research in MS (ECTRIMS-ACTRIMS; 25 – 28 October).
“With more than 25 years of scientific leadership in MS, Biogen’s commitment is unwavering,” said Michael Ehlers, executive vice president, Research & Development at Biogen. “Our expertise puts Biogen in a unique position with a comprehensive approach including active research and clinical development on how to repair the damage to the central nervous system from relapsing forms of MS, a portfolio of new drug candidates that we are advancing to the clinic, our collaboration to identify a digital biomarker, our focus to advance understanding of the disease through global data collection with MS PATHS, active pursuit of the genetic origins of progressive forms of MS, and our innovation in value-based contract pilots in the U.S.”
Key updates at ECTRIMS-ACTRIMS from Biogen include:
- The latest from the collaboration with Verily and Brigham and Women’s Hospital whose goal is to explore the use of digital biosensors to assess patients outside of the clinic. Additional data on the possible utility of predictive biomarkers to inform MS diagnosis and ongoing disease monitoring, with the goal of assisting clinicians with their decisions on how to treat based on the heterogeneic differences of those living with MS, will also be presented.
- Interim reports from MS PATHS (Partners Advancing Technology and Health Solutions), a collaboration with 10 leading MS centers in Europe and the U.S. to leverage technology deployed in routine care to generate standardized, high-quality data from a diverse, real-world patient population. MS PATHS collects clinical, MRI and biologic data from all patients in real-time, at the point of care, to better understand the disease and ultimately improve the lives of those living with MS.
- An assessment of the Big Multiple Sclerosis Data (BMSD) Network, comprised of five MS registries and facilitated by Biogen. The network will merge data from large MS registries that have collected longitudinal data on nearly 140,000 people with MS. The scale of this pooled MS data may enable greater understanding of MS and its impact.
- A comprehensive review of the Phase 2 SYNERGY trial that identified a specific patient population for the investigational molecule opicinumab (anti-LINGO-1) as a potential therapy to repair damage to the central nervous system caused by MS.
- An innovative economic model using real-world data from the MSBase Registry with a goal to demonstrate cost-effectiveness of treatment in highly-active MS patients. The analysis supports value-based reimbursement initiatives linked to patient outcomes. In July, Biogen announced four pilots for value-based contracts with health plans across the U.S. The contracts utilize real-world data to align price with patient outcomes.
“With 10 centers now active and strong patient enrollment, our MS PATHS collaboration provides a glimpse into the future of MS care and research,” said Alfred Sandrock, M.D., Ph.D., executive vice president and chief medical officer at Biogen. “By leveraging technology we are able to collect a robust set of real-world data that is unprecedented in scale and will contribute to a more precise approach to managing patients by supporting providers in real-time to meet the diverse needs of people living with MS.”
Highlights of Biogen’s more than 80 platform and poster presentations:
- Predictors of an Opicinumab Treatment Effect and Identification of an Efficacy Subpopulation: A Post Hoc Analysis of the SYNERGY Study – Poster P718 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
- Overall Response Score: A Novel Disability Endpoint That Allows for the Integrated Assessment of Improvement and Worsening Over Time in Patients with MS – Poster P777 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
- Temporal Variability Profile of Serum Neurofilament Light Levels in Multiple Sclerosis Patients – Platform 102 – Thursday, 26 October, 11:37–11:49 CET
- Biosensor Measures in Clinic and Free-living Settings Correlate with Multiple Sclerosis Disease Severity – Platform 191 – Friday, 27 October, 09:15-09:27 CET
- Big Multiple Sclerosis Data Network: Data Sharing Among Five Large MS Registries – Poster P738 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
- The Multiple Sclerosis Partners Advancing Technology and Health Solutions (MS PATHS) Patient Cohort – Poster P336 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
- Comparison of Case-mix in Multiple Sclerosis Patients Participating in Randomized Control Trials, Prospective Observational Studies, and Multiple Sclerosis Partners Advancing Technology and Health Solutions (MS PATHS) – Poster P351 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
- A Cost-effectiveness Analysis Using Real-world Data from the MSBase Registry: Comparing Natalizumab to Fingolimod in Patients with Inadequate Response to Disease Modifying Therapies in Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in Scotland – Poster P700 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
At Biogen, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1978 as one of the world’s first global biotechnology companies by Charles Weissman and Nobel Prize winners Walter Gilbert and Phillip Sharp , today Biogen has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis; has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy; and is focused on advancing neuroscience research programs in Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, neuroimmunology, movement disorders, neuromuscular disorders, pain, ophthalmology, neuropsychiatry, and acute neurology. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. We routinely post information that may be important to investors on our website at www.biogen.com. To learn more, please visit www.biogen.com and follow us on social media – Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube.
Biogen Safe Harbor
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the potential impact of our programs, development and potential benefits, safety and efficacy of investigational drugs, including opicinumab, results of certain clinical studies and real-world data. These statements may be identified by words such as “aim,” “believe,” “except,” “may,” “plan,” “potential,” “will” and similar expressions, and are based on our current beliefs and expectations. You should not place undue reliance on these statements or the scientific data presented. Drug development and commercialization involve a high degree of risk, and only a small number of research and development programs result in commercialization of a product. Results in early stage clinical trials may not be indicative of full results or results from later stage or larger scale clinical trials and do not ensure regulatory approval. Factors which could cause actual results to differ materially from our current expectations include the risk that we may not fully enroll our clinical trials or enrollment will take longer than expected, unexpected concerns may arise from additional data or analysis, including data, analysis or results obtained during our clinical trials, regulatory authorities may require additional information or further studies, or may fail to approve or may delay approval of our drug candidates, or we may encounter other unexpected hurdles which may be impacted by, among other things, the occurrence of adverse safety events, failure to obtain regulatory approvals in certain jurisdictions, failure to protect intellectual property and other proprietary rights, product liability claims, third party collaboration risks. The foregoing sets forth many, but not all, of the factors that could cause actual results to differ from our expectations in any forward-looking statement. Investors should consider this cautionary statement, as well as the risk factors identified in Biogen’s most recent annual or quarterly report and in other reports Biogen has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. These statements are based on our current beliefs and expectations and speak only as of the date of this press release. We do not undertake any obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Schlumberger Announces Full-Year and Fourth-Quarter 2017 Results19.1.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB) today reported results for full-year 2017 and the fourth quarter of 2017. Full-Year Results (Stated in millions, except per share amounts) Twelve Months Ended Change Dec. 31, 2017 Dec. 31, 2016 Year-on-year Revenue $30,440 $27,810 9% Pretax operating income $3,921 $3,273 20% Pretax operating margin 12.9% 11.8% 111 bps Net loss (GAAP basis) $(1,505) $(1,687) n/m Net income, excluding charges and credits* $2,085 $1,550 35% Diluted EPS (loss per share) (GAAP basis) $(1.08) $(1.24) n/m Diluted EPS, excluding charges and credits* $1.50 $1.14 32% *These are non-GAAP financial measures. See section below entitled "Charges & Credits" for details. n/m = not meaningful Full-year 2017 revenue of $30.4 billion increased 9% year-on-year. This included a full year’s activity from the acquired Cameron businesses as compared to three quarters of activity in 2016. Excluding the addition of Cameron, revenue growth was driven by land activity in North America, which increa
The Coca-Cola Company Announces New Global Vision to Help Create a World Without Waste19.1.2018 11:55 | Pressemelding
The Coca-Cola Company announced today that it is fundamentally reshaping its approach to packaging, with a global goal to help collect and recycle the equivalent of 100% of its packaging by 2030. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180119005104/en/ In 2017, employees from Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Co. joined with other volunteers in St. Louis to collect and sort 14,480 pounds of debris; 63 percent was diverted for recycling. Coca-Cola then partnered with manufacturer Phoenix Technologies to convert plastic bottles into recycled PET plastic for use in new bottles. (Photo: Business Wire) This goal is the centerpiece of the Company’s new packaging vision for a World Without Waste, which the Coca-Cola system intends to back with a multi-year investment that includes ongoing work to make packaging 100% recyclable. This begins with the understanding that food and beverage containers are an important part of people’s m
Researchers and Scientists from Five Countries Named Winners of King Faisal Prize 201819.1.2018 10:33 | Pressemelding
Five researchers and scientists from Malaysia, Jordan, Tunisia, the US and the UK have been named winners of the King Faisal Prize 2018 as the 40th edition of the renowned award recognized their distinguished contributions towards humanity. The Prize honours exceptional achievements in five categories: Service to Islam, Islamic Studies, Arabic Language & Literature, Medicine, and Science. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180119005245/en/ His Royal Highness Prince Khalid Al-Faisal, Chairman of King Faisal Prize Board, Abdulaziz (Photo: AETOSWire) Professor Irwandi Jaswir, Deputy Dean of the International Institute for Halal Research and Training (INHART) and Secretary of Council of Professors at the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), has been named the winner in the Service to Islam category for contributions to the development of ‘Halal Science’ and Halal food and consumer goods. Professor Bashar
E.ON Chooses Corinex Broadband over Powerline Technology for their Smart Metering Rollout19.1.2018 06:00 | Pressemelding
E.ON, an international energy company that serves 32 million customers across multiple countries, has decided to use broadband over powerline (BPL) as the key technology in their communication mix, in the smart metering communication infrastructure for the low voltage part of their grid. E.ON chose Corinex as the solution provider for the initial two years of the deployment. The initial deployment will be several ten thousands of repeaters and head ends providing secure communication for a couple of hundred thousands of households. Corinex Grid Value network management based on IBM Tivoli platform will manage the network. “After extensive field trials, we found that Corinex broadband over powerline technology meets our requirements for mass rollout of smart metering services. We are convinced BPL is ideally suited to address the needs of many other utilities, so E.ON is interested in supporting BPL industry standardization in order to create a broad ecosystem of silicon and system vend
Changes in Executive Management at Sosei19.1.2018 01:54 | Pressemelding
Sosei Group Corporation (“Sosei” or the “Company”) (TOKYO: 4565), the world leader in GPCR medicine design and development, today announced that Dr. Fiona Marshall has resigned from her position as Executive Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer of Sosei to assume a senior role outside the Company. Dr. Marshall will leave Sosei at the end of February 2018. “As a co-founder of Heptares, I am very proud to have been associated with building a team of talented scientists over the past decade that has made many important breakthroughs in the field of GPCR stabilization and structure-based drug design, a unique technology that now underpins Sosei’s powerful drug discovery capability,” said Dr. Marshall. “With the team in excellent hands, I feel the time is right for me to move on to new challenges and I wish everyone at Sosei the best for what looks set to be an exciting future for the Company.” Peter Bains, Chief Executive Officer of Sosei, added: “Fiona has been a pivotal figure in
DXC Technology Named a 2018 Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Technology Leader18.1.2018 23:12 | Pressemelding
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) has been recognized as a 2018 Top 100 Global Technology Leader by Thomson Reuters. The inaugural program identifies the tech industry’s most operationally sound and financially successful organizations. The Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Tech Leaders study, the industry’s first holistic assessment of today’s leading tech companies, utilizes a 28-point data-driven algorithm to objectively identify organizations positioned to thrive in a complex and changing business environment. The patent pending methodology, developed by the Thomson Reuters Boston Innovation Lab, is based on eight principal pillars of performance: Financial Performance, Management and Investor Confidence, Risk and Resilience, Legal Compliance, Innovation, People and Social Responsibility, Environmental Impact, and Reputation. According to Thomson Reuters, these are the companies whose final scores across the pillars outshine over 5,000 other technology companies around the world. “DXC Techno
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom