Avinor Oslo Airport named Airport of the Year
Oslo Airport was presented with the Airport of the Year Award at CAPA’s Aviation Awards for Excellence in Berlin yesterday.
CAPAs Aviation Awards for Excellence is presented to airlines and airports that not only demonstrate success and good operations, but which have also proven to be industry leaders in terms of adapting to new and future-oriented solutions for the environment and sustainability.
Oslo Airport was named Airport of the Year in the category for airports with more than ten million annual passengers. The award is presented to the airport that has established itself as a strategic leader, and which has done most to promote and develop innovative solutions in the aviation industry.
Oslo Airport was presented with the award for the opening of the new terminal in 2017, in addition to innovative work on the environment and sustainability.
“This is a welcome recognition of us and everyone who works at the airport. Every day we work to be perceived as a first class European airport, and this proves that we really are,” says Øyvind Hasaas, Managing Director of Oslo Airport.
Recognition for focus on electric aircraft
In the jury’s justification, CAPA emphasises the planning and commissioning of the new terminal, work on developing routes, new extensions and environmental work, including electric aircraft.
“Oslo airport has been an example to the European aviation industry for a number of years. The opening of the new terminal, in addition to their innovative environmental work, contributes to strengthen Norway’s main airport as a strategic leader in both Europe and the world at large,” says Mr. Peter Harbison, Executive Chairman i CAPA.
Deluge of prizes for Oslo Airport
The award is one of many Oslo Airport has won in the past year for the new terminal:
- Prosjekt Norge’s “Project of the Year” prize was awarded to Avinor Oslo Airport for the T2 project.
- Norsk Bergindustri’s natural stone prize was awarded to Avinor Oslo Airport for the floor of the new terminal.
- The prize for best airport terminal design was awarded to the new Avinor Oslo Airport in conjunction with the Future Travel Experience Global Congress in the US.
- It was named Best International Project by the UK’s leading professional magazine for the construction industry at the annual Building Awards in London
- The DOGA label for design and architecture was awarded to Avinor Oslo Airport for the “learning journey” training programme, which was conducted at Oslo airport for 22,000 employees in 2016/2017.
- The HSMAI prize Internal Event of the Year was awarded to Avinor Oslo Airport for the T2 experience event.
- Avinor Oslo Airport won bronze at the Best Event Awards 2017 in the Education category for the T2 experience event.
- Avinor Oslo Airport was nominated in the international Les Trophées de l’Evénement awards in the “Exceptional Event” category for the T2 experience event and the T2 service test.
- Avinor Oslo Airport was nominated in the international SABRE Awards in the “Employee Communications” category for the communication and training concept related to the commissioning of T2.
- At the Norwegian travel industry’s Grand Travel Awards in January this year, Avinor Oslo Airport was awarded the prestigious “Newcomer of the Year” prize.
- In the prestigious international architectural competition, the WAN Awards, held in London in March, Avinor Oslo Airport won the “Sustainable Construction of the Year” prize.
- In October the team behind the T2 expansion won the buildingSMART International Awards 2018
Om The Avinor Group
Dronning Eufemias gate 6
+47 67 03 00 00https://avinor.no/en/corporate/about-us/the-avinor-group/about-the-company
Avinor is a wholly-owned state limited company under the Norwegian Ministry of Transport and Communications and is responsible for 45 state-owned airports.
Twelve of the airports are operated in cooperation with the Norwegian Armed Forces.
In addition to the airports, Avinor operates control towers, control centres and other technical infrastructure for safe air navigation.
The air navigation services is organised as subsidiary wholly-owned by Avinor. Avinor's headquarter is in Oslo.
Følg saker fra The Avinor Group
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra The Avinor Group på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra The Avinor Group
More than 4 million passengers in November11.12.2018 09:22 | Pressemelding
A total of 4.3 million passengers travelled through Avinor’s airports in November, which is an increase of 3.2 per cent compared to the same period last year.
Wizz Air expands at Avinor Oslo airport30.11.2018 07:07 | Pressemelding
Wizz Air has announced further growth in destinations and capacity from Oslo airport.
Good result and improved customer satisfaction in the third quarter29.11.2018 14:16 | Pressemelding
More passengers and increased commercial income contributed to an increase in Avinor’s operating revenue in the third quarter. Profit after tax was NOK 704 million.
Europe’s top route developers are set for destination Bergen26.11.2018 14:20 | Pressemelding
Avinor and Bergen Airport, along with several closely-held partners, will host Routes Europe in 2020. Regarded as the most important annual route development conference for the continent, Routes Europe will bring together route developers from some of the world’s leading airlines, with participants being promised an unforgettable experience of Bergen.
International aviation convenes in Oslo23.11.2018 09:34 | Pressemelding
On Tuesday 27th November the ACI Airport Exchange 2018 aviation conference gets underway at Norway Convention Center in Lillestrøm with more than 900 participants, 120 speakers and 50 exhibitors from Europe and Asia-Pacific. Avinor Oslo Airport is hosting the conference that concludes on Thursday 29th November.
Moderate increase in air traffic in October12.11.2018 10:02 | Pressemelding
Slightly less than five million passengers travelled to, from or via Avinor's airports in July. This is an increase of just above 2 per cent compared to the same month last year.
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom