Aryaka's 2017 State of the WAN Report Reveals Almost 50% of Enterprise Traffic is Composed of Cloud and SaaS Traffic
The report covers application response times and inconsistencies over the public Internet between various regions and bandwidth consumption changes year-over-year across verticals
MILPITAS, Calif., May 11, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aryaka®, the leading global SD-WAN provider, today released its third edition of the State of the WAN Report. Leveraging its unique position as a leader in global connectivity, Aryaka aggregated and analyzed enterprise WAN traffic over the past four years to identify trends and challenges in application performance, WAN reliability, and bandwidth access between specific geographies and in different industries.
This year's report gives insights into current trends regarding WAN traffic and application performance to help IT managers and decision makers provide support for their global enterprise networks in the coming years. With data aggregated from over 5000 sites in 63 countries, this report gives a detailed look into the current state of WAN infrastructure and its impact on global business.
"Understanding the state of the WAN - and the impacts that global network traffic has on business strategy - gives IT leaders the ability to partner with their C-suite to enhance business execution," said Shawn Farshchi, Aryaka's President and CEO. "With nearly 50% of all global enterprise traffic now comprising cloud and SaaS, and legacy technologies, like MPLS, failing to address this trend, the ability to address the needs of the business translates into better business execution and competitive advantage."
This is the third edition of the State of the WAN report published by Aryaka. Previous versions of the report have examined factors influencing enterprise WAN performance, including packet loss at the last-mile, application use, and bandwidth consumption. The current edition of the report also analyzes typical application performance time over the public Internet, along with the extent of the network inconsistencies that affect mission-critical applications over this medium.
Key insights from the study include:
- Global enterprise WAN traffic is growing about 200% annually.
- Among all regions, Asia-Pacific saw the biggest spike in WAN traffic (248%) in 2016, suggesting that companies in this region are rapidly adopting cloud technology and transforming their businesses to compete in a digital world. In addition, the use of 100 Mbps links in China rose dramatically in 2016, from 6% of links the previous year to 25% of links this year. This shows the power and growth of the Chinese economy overall as it closes the gap with Western countries in terms of demand for high-speed connectivity.
- By industry, the Manufacturing vertical saw a massive 440% increase in WAN traffic last year. Other verticals at the cutting edge of innovation include the Software and Internet sector, which grew network traffic by 526%, as well as the Real Estate, Energy and Utilities, and Travel industries, whose WAN traffic grew by around 200%.
- HTTP and HTTPS together now make up close to 50% of all WAN traffic. Previously, the majority of WAN traffic was of the client-server variety, with traffic moving to and from the data center. But the increased adoption of cloud services has greatly driven up the amount of Internet traffic within the enterprise.
- Internet bandwidths and quality are increasing at the WAN edge and over short distances. However, the hand-off between ISPs over the Internet or IP-VPN is getting worse, affecting the performance of business-critical applications, such as ERP or hosted voice and video. For data and applications being transferred over long distances, the middle mile remains unreliable and is riddled with latency, packet loss, and jitter - suggesting that the Internet is not the new enterprise network, as others have suggested.
The full report expands on this data and includes for the first time an in-depth breakdown of variation in application response time globally when the public Internet is used as the middle mile.
Download the 2017 State of the WAN report now.
For more information about Aryaka's next-generation global SD-WAN, visit www.aryaka.com.
Aryaka is transforming how global enterprises connect sites and users worldwide, and use mission-critical applications to support modern business execution demands. Aryaka's Global SD-WAN combines a purpose-built private network, SD-WAN, optimization and acceleration techniques, connectivity to cloud platforms, and network visibility in a single solution that is delivered as a service.
Aryaka Media Contact
Public Relations Manager
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Aryaka via Globenewswire
Om NASDAQ OMX
NASDAQ OMX (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra NASDAQ OMX
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra NASDAQ OMX på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra NASDAQ OMX
New Era Launches Direct-to-Consumer eCommerce Site Built by EPAM and Powered with SAP Hybris17.10.2017 06:01 | Pressemelding
New Site Expands Headwear and Apparel Offering with Immersive, Omnichannel Experience NEWTOWN, Pa., Oct. 17, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE:EPAM), a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and software development services, and New Era, a global headwear brand rooted in sports, today announced the launch of New Era's first direct-to-consumer website, neweracap.com. New Era's B2B business remains strong, and the company is now putting an emphasis on selling its products directly to customers and expanding its offering into the lifestyle market. The new site offers products for seasoned athletes and sports fans, as well as street and lifestyle consumers. "In an age where businesses cannot tolerate lengthy, scope changing technology projects, EPAM quickly established themselves as the standout partner for us to tackle this ambitious initiative," said Lorenz Gan, Global Vice President, Information Technology, New Era. "Whilst this p
CP Kelco Appoints Didier Viala as New President16.10.2017 15:00 | Pressemelding
ATLANTA, Oct. 16, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CP Kelco, a leading global producer of specialty hydrocolloid solutions, announced today that Didier Viala has been appointed President, effective October 1, 2017. Viala replaces Donald Rubright, who served as CP Kelco President since 2006 and will retire at the end of 2017. Viala has also joined the CP Kelco Board of Directors. "As a market leader supplying high-quality hydrocolloid products for a range of foods and beverages, consumer products and industrial applications, CP Kelco will continue to invest in capacity additions, new product and applications development, strategic raw material sourcing, quality and safety management, and sustainability initiatives to support our customers' innovation efforts and growth strategies," Viala said. Over the course of more than 25 years with CP Kelco and its predecessor companies, Viala held leadership roles across a broad spectrum of critical areas, including innovat
LogicBio Therapeutics to Present Preclinical Data at European Society of Gene & Cell Therapy 25th Anniversary Congress in Berlin16.10.2017 15:00 | Pressemelding
· Company co-founder Professor Adi Barzel, Ph.D., to present new proof-of-concept efficacy data CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts, Oct. 16, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LogicBio Therapeutics, Inc., a gene-therapy company with a mission to develop cures for early-onset life-threatening diseases, announced today that its company co-founder, Dr. Adi Barzel, will present new data from its genome-editing platform during the 25th Annual European Society of Gene & Cell Therapy (ESGCT) Congress in two presentations this Wednesday in Berlin, Germany. The ESGCT will be held from October 17-20, 2017, at the bcc Berlin. Dr. Barzel will present data in multiple animal models of disease demonstrating the extended therapeutic potential of LogicBio's proprietary GeneRide(TM) platform technology. The GeneRide technology harnesses the natural power of homologous recombination to enable precise, site-specific in vivo genome editing to deliver therapeutic genetic material without th
Concurrent Enters Definitive Agreement to Sell Content Delivery & Storage Business to Vecima Networks for $29 Million16.10.2017 14:00 | Pressemelding
Proposed Transaction Expected to Result in Debt Free Balance Sheet with $67 Million in Pro Forma Working Capital ATLANTA, Oct. 16, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Concurrent Computer Corporation (NASDAQ:CCUR) has entered into a definitive agreement to sell all of the assets of its Content Delivery & Storage Business to Vecima Networks Inc. (TSX:VCM) for a base purchase price of $29 million, subject to adjustment for normalized net working capital. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Vecima is a leading designer and manufacturer of innovative network technology solutions. The proposed transaction, which has been approved by the Board of Directors of both companies, is subject to various terms and conditions including stockholder approval from Concurrent. "Vecima believes that the rapid growth in IPTV delivery across both MVPD private CDNs and OTT providers will continue to accelerate. Concurrent is a recognized leader in storing, protec
Telefonica Deploys ASSIA's GPON Expresse® Solution to optimize Fiber Broadband Performance16.10.2017 14:00 | Pressemelding
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct. 16, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Adaptive Spectrum and Signal Alignment, Inc. (ASSIA®). ASSIA and Telefonica announce widespread deployment of ASSIA's GPON Expresse® software across countries in South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Peru. GPON Expresse manages gigabit optical broadband networks with diagnostics for improved network performance and service delivery to Telefonica's fiber-based subscribers. GPON Expresse adds to the suite of ASSIA software products currently deployed at Telefonica in Latin America: DSL Expresse® for diagnostics and optimization of high speed DSL networks, and ClearView® for precise network analysis and recommendations for customer care agents and field technicians. With the GPON Expresse deployment, Telefonica can now benefit from ClearView support across both copper and fiber networks. By also incorporating ClearView support for Wi-Fi, operators can have complete end-to-end management across their ac
Fennec Announces Positive Results From Phase 3 SIOPEL 6 Study on PEDMARK(TM) (sodium thiosulfate) Presented at the 49th Congress of the International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP) 2017 Meeting16.10.2017 12:00 | Pressemelding
Study met primary endpoint (p=0.0033) Significant reduction in cisplatin induced hearing loss without any evidence of tumour protection in patients with Standard Risk Hepatoblastoma (SR-HB) Company plans to pursue regulatory approvals with FDA and EMA RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C., Oct. 16, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fennec Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:FENC) (TSX:FRX), a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development of PEDMARKTM (a unique formulation of sodium thiosulfate (STS)) for the prevention of platinum-induced ototoxicity in pediatric patients, announced today data from its Phase 3 SIOPEL 6 study presented during the late breaker session on Saturday, October 14, 2017 at SIOP 2017 in Washington, DC. Top Line Efficacy Data The SIOPEL 6 study met its primary endpoint. The study demonstrated that the addition of STS significantly reduces the incidence
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom