Alibaba’s Enhanced IP Protection Platform Now Eliminates Fake Listings in Less Than 24 Hours
At its Brand Rights Holders Day in Beijing, Alibaba Group (NYSE:BABA) today unveiled enhancements to its Intellectual Property Protection (IPP) Platform. In the first month since the “express” technology enhancements were made, almost all cases submitted by rights holders were handled and closed within 24 hours, among which more than 80% of the listings were also taken down. Alibaba’s IP Protection Platform is used by brands and IP owners to flag and request the take down of counterfeit or IP-infringing product listings.
Key highlights of Alibaba’s IP Protection Platform technology upgrades include:
- A single entry point across all Alibaba e-commerce platforms and streamlined process to assess the validity of complaints;
- A more-automated complaints-processing, analysis, and product-authentication system powered by new algorithms and data models;
- A dedicated team of IPR professionals to reduce response time for inbound inquiries, as well as proactive outreach to new IPP users and those with more complicated IPR cases;
- Broader brand-protection technological capabilities, for instance, multi-lingual trademark-recognition; and
- Improved search engine optimization (SEO) for easier discovery of and access to the IPP platform.
Of the complaints received, 96% were handled and closed within 24 hours, among which 83% of the listings were also taken down. The remaining 17% were declined mainly for reasons such as insufficient evidence to prove infringement or a mismatch between the complained listing and IP documents filed.
To ensure continuous improvements to the IPP Platform, Alibaba will conduct regular satisfaction surveys and invite rights holders to provide feedback about their user experience.
Building Trust with Brands and Rights Holders
At the Brand Rights Holders Day, Alibaba engaged with the 180 brand representatives to discuss ways to further improve online and offline IP protection and build up mutual trust.
“Brand trust is core to our mission,” said Jessie Zheng, Alibaba’s chief platform governance officer. “Our enhanced platform, along with significant progress in other important initiatives all showcase the industry best practices Alibaba is creating for the benefit of all our stakeholders.”
The Brand Right Holders Day event and platform upgrade received positive feedback from participating brands, who said they gained more in-depth knowledge and understanding about the IP-protection tools at their disposal.
“As a long-standing partner of Alibaba’s, I’m impressed with the technology upgrades to the platform we saw today, and appreciate Alibaba’s openness about its processes and willingness to seek our input on how to better work together. As a brand, I learned a lot, which instills our continued trust in Alibaba to protect our IP,” said Jessica Guo, Senior Legal Manager, Spalding.
Additional Significant Progress in IP Protection Reported
The operator of the world’s largest online and mobile marketplaces also shared recent progress made in furthering brand and stakeholder collaboration, law-enforcement partnerships and legal action against IPR infringers. Highlights included:
- A significant agreement by Alibaba Group and French luxury group Kering last week to cooperate in efforts to protect intellectual property and take joint enforcement actions online and offline against infringers.
Day in July, where Alibaba and IPR agencies – who work on
behalf of rights holders to protect their IP – met to share
experiences, best practices and discuss how to best work together to
protect rights holders’ IP.
"The willingness to cooperate, to talk directly with customers…and find real solutions to the problems we face, this is something hard to find in other marketplaces,” said Joan Porta, online brand protection manager at Red Points. “Having someone you can talk to, bring your problems to and get effective responses from, Alibaba is clearly in a top position among marketplaces."
- Creation of the Alibaba Anti-Counterfeiting Alliance (AACA) , a collaboration between Alibaba and 30 international and Chinese brands that leverages big data and the latest technologies to enable a cooperative, global, 24-hour anti-counterfeiting network. Members include Louis Vuitton, Samsung, Amway and Mars, among others. Since its formation in January, the AACA has met twice and is making tangible progress towards its goals. Another meeting is scheduled for September.
- Formation last month of the “ Cloud Sword Alliance ,” a partnership with provincial governments of 13 Chinese provinces, providing law-enforcement bodies with data to track down and prosecute criminal rings and activities. This broader alliance grew out of a single, four-month cooperative investigation with provincial law-enforcement authorities in 2015. The technology behind Cloud Sword involves complex algorithms and machine learning from Alibaba’s technological ecosystem. The technology is able to track not just illegal transactions, but also trace them upstream to the production source.
- A legal victory against a seller of fake cat food on Taobao, with a Shanghai court last month ordering the IPR infringer to pay damages. The case was one of three civil suits Alibaba has lodged against IPR violators on its platforms so far this year. At the start of the year, Alibaba sued two Taobao vendors for selling fake Swarovski watches. And in May, Alibaba went to court to seek damages against a Taobao vendor who was previously convicted of trademark violation by selling fake Wuliangye-branded spirits.
- Proactive monitoring for improper use of branded keywords. Since last year, Alibaba has focused on cracking down on merchants who attempt to mislead consumers through misappropriation of branded keywords in the titles of product listings. Alibaba continues to use advanced algorithms to identify, block and remove them and root out repeat offenders, and results are showing. Valid complaints about misuse of trademark keywords decreased 84% through July this year from a year earlier.
About Alibaba Group
Alibaba Group's mission is to make it easy to do business anywhere. The company aims to build the future infrastructure of commerce. It envisions that its customers will meet, work and live at Alibaba, and that it will be a company that lasts at least 102 years.
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Lenovo Attains Status as Largest Global Provider of TOP500 Supercomputers25.6.2018 07:01 | Pressemelding
Today, at the International Supercomputing Conference (ISC) in Frankfurt, Lenovo Data Center Group (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) continued its global momentum, becoming the world’s largest TOP500 supercomputing provider measured by the number of systems ranked on the TOP500 list. 117 of the 500 most powerful supercomputers included in the TOP500 are Lenovo installations, meaning nearly one out of every four systems (23.4 percent) on the prestigious list is a Lenovo solution. “Last year, we set a goal to become the world’s largest provider of TOP500 computing systems by 2020. We have reached that goal two years ahead of our original plan,” said Kirk Skaugen, President of Lenovo Data Center Group. “This distinction is a testament to our commitment to prioritize customer satisfaction, deliver cutting edge innovation and performance and be the world’s most trusted data center partner. We are motivated every day by the scientists and their groundbreaking research as we work together to solve hum
XebiaLabs Unveils “Periodic Table of DevOps Tools” v.3 at DevOps Enterprise Summit London 201825.6.2018 07:00 | Pressemelding
XebiaLabs, the recognized leader in Enterprise DevOps and Continuous Delivery software, today announced the release of The Periodic Table of DevOps Tools v.3, an update of its free, industry-recognized DevOps landscape tool. The latest release of this acclaimed tool features 52 new DevOps tools, a new design, and the addition of categories, such as Analytics and AIOps, to reflect the expanding DevOps tools and technologies market. In addition, users can select a tool in the Periodic Table and immediately visualize it in the software delivery pipeline using XebiaLabs’ integrated DevOps Diagram Generator. DevOps pipeline diagrams can be easily customized, downloaded, printed, and shared. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180625005106/en/ XebiaLabs Unveils “Periodic Table of DevOps Tools” v.3 at DevOps Enterprise Summit London 2018 (Graphic: Business Wire) Given the fast pace at which new DevOps tools become availa
Enterprise DevOps for the Cloud25.6.2018 07:00 | Pressemelding
XebiaLabs, the recognized leader in enterprise DevOps and Continuous Delivery software, today announced a DevOps framework that provides a smooth pathway to the cloud for companies who are moving applications to cloud-based resources on a large scale. The framework connects enterprise DevOps practices with common cloud management functionality and provides an essential foundation as enterprises accelerate their transformations to cloud-based applications. Cloud Does Not Equal DevOps Easy access to public cloud technologies creates a common misconception: moving to the cloud will not only provide more flexible and scalable infrastructure at a lower cost, but it will also accelerate the delivery of applications to the customer. In reality, moving to the cloud is just one step in that journey. Enterprises that are looking to improve and accelerate software delivery are implementing DevOps practices that span the entire software delivery value stream. These practices are generally unrelate
Pierre Fabre & Array BioPharma Announce a 62% Observed OS at One Year from the Phase 3 BEACON CRC Safety Lead-In of the Combination of Encorafenib, Binimetinib and Cetuximab in BRAF-Mutant CRC at the ESMO GI Congress23.6.2018 11:00 | Pressemelding
Not intended for UK- and US-based media Pierre Fabre and its partner Array BioPharma Inc. today announced updated safety and efficacy results, including OS, from the safety lead-in of the Phase 3 BEACON CRC trial evaluating the triplet combination of encorafenib, a BRAF inhibitor, binimetinib, a MEK inhibitor and cetuximab, an anti-EGFR antibody, in patients with BRAF V600E -mutant metastatic colorectal cancer (CRC). The results showed that, at the time of analysis, the OS data were fully mature through 12.6 months and that the median OS had not yet been reached. The one-year overall survival rate for this cohort was 62%. These data were presented in an oral presentation on Saturday, June 23, at the ESMO 20th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer in Barcelona, Spain. The median progression-free survival (mPFS) for patients treated with the triplet was 8 months [95% CI 5.6-9.3] and is similar between patients receiving one prior line of therapy and patients receiving two prior lines
Compelling Data for LONSURF® (trifluridine/tipiracil) in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Presented at ESMO’s World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer by Servier and Taiho23.6.2018 08:10 | Pressemelding
Servier and Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. today announced that the TASCO-1 trial demonstrated promising results for LONSURF® (trifluridine/tipiracil) in combination with bevacizumab in patients with previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) who are not suitable for intensive treatment, with a median progression-free survival (PFS) of 9.2 months (ranging from 7.6 to 11.5 months). A second non-comparative arm in the trial, evaluated the outcome of patients treated with the current standard of care of capecitabine in combination with bevacizumab. The median PFS of this arm was 7.8 months (ranging from 5.5 to 10.1 months). “Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer in the world. While there has been some progress in treatment, there are still few options for patients with metastatic disease who are not suitable for intensive treatment,” said Professor Eric Van Cutsem, Head of Digestive Oncology at the University of Leuven, Belgium. “These compelling results suggest
Softomotive and Accelerate RPA Partner to Help Enterprises Achieve Faster Time to Value from RPA22.6.2018 15:13 | Pressemelding
Softomotive, a world–class Robotic Process Automation (RPA) technology provider offering best time to value and affordability for all sizes and types of enterprises, is pleased to announce a strategic partnership with AccelerateRPA, a high calibre professional services provider of trained and certified RPA Consultants within Robotic Process Automation. This partnership means that customers and end users of Softomotive’s software, will have additional knowledgeable and professional guidance available to help achieve significant value quickly from their investment in RPA. Companies who are looking to implement Softomotive’s RPA product suite (WinAutomation and ProcessRobot software) will now have direct access to AccelerateRPA’s highly skilled consultants and Developers. Further, AccelerateRPA has also become a licensed reseller of Softomotive’s products, offering customers a single point of contact for delivering both RPA software and services. Ashley Hudson, Director of AccelerateRPA,