Alibaba’s Enhanced IP Protection Platform Now Eliminates Fake Listings in Less Than 24 Hours
At its Brand Rights Holders Day in Beijing, Alibaba Group (NYSE:BABA) today unveiled enhancements to its Intellectual Property Protection (IPP) Platform. In the first month since the “express” technology enhancements were made, almost all cases submitted by rights holders were handled and closed within 24 hours, among which more than 80% of the listings were also taken down. Alibaba’s IP Protection Platform is used by brands and IP owners to flag and request the take down of counterfeit or IP-infringing product listings.
Key highlights of Alibaba’s IP Protection Platform technology upgrades include:
- A single entry point across all Alibaba e-commerce platforms and streamlined process to assess the validity of complaints;
- A more-automated complaints-processing, analysis, and product-authentication system powered by new algorithms and data models;
- A dedicated team of IPR professionals to reduce response time for inbound inquiries, as well as proactive outreach to new IPP users and those with more complicated IPR cases;
- Broader brand-protection technological capabilities, for instance, multi-lingual trademark-recognition; and
- Improved search engine optimization (SEO) for easier discovery of and access to the IPP platform.
Of the complaints received, 96% were handled and closed within 24 hours, among which 83% of the listings were also taken down. The remaining 17% were declined mainly for reasons such as insufficient evidence to prove infringement or a mismatch between the complained listing and IP documents filed.
To ensure continuous improvements to the IPP Platform, Alibaba will conduct regular satisfaction surveys and invite rights holders to provide feedback about their user experience.
Building Trust with Brands and Rights Holders
At the Brand Rights Holders Day, Alibaba engaged with the 180 brand representatives to discuss ways to further improve online and offline IP protection and build up mutual trust.
“Brand trust is core to our mission,” said Jessie Zheng, Alibaba’s chief platform governance officer. “Our enhanced platform, along with significant progress in other important initiatives all showcase the industry best practices Alibaba is creating for the benefit of all our stakeholders.”
The Brand Right Holders Day event and platform upgrade received positive feedback from participating brands, who said they gained more in-depth knowledge and understanding about the IP-protection tools at their disposal.
“As a long-standing partner of Alibaba’s, I’m impressed with the technology upgrades to the platform we saw today, and appreciate Alibaba’s openness about its processes and willingness to seek our input on how to better work together. As a brand, I learned a lot, which instills our continued trust in Alibaba to protect our IP,” said Jessica Guo, Senior Legal Manager, Spalding.
Additional Significant Progress in IP Protection Reported
The operator of the world’s largest online and mobile marketplaces also shared recent progress made in furthering brand and stakeholder collaboration, law-enforcement partnerships and legal action against IPR infringers. Highlights included:
- A significant agreement by Alibaba Group and French luxury group Kering last week to cooperate in efforts to protect intellectual property and take joint enforcement actions online and offline against infringers.
Day in July, where Alibaba and IPR agencies – who work on
behalf of rights holders to protect their IP – met to share
experiences, best practices and discuss how to best work together to
protect rights holders’ IP.
"The willingness to cooperate, to talk directly with customers…and find real solutions to the problems we face, this is something hard to find in other marketplaces,” said Joan Porta, online brand protection manager at Red Points. “Having someone you can talk to, bring your problems to and get effective responses from, Alibaba is clearly in a top position among marketplaces."
- Creation of the Alibaba Anti-Counterfeiting Alliance (AACA) , a collaboration between Alibaba and 30 international and Chinese brands that leverages big data and the latest technologies to enable a cooperative, global, 24-hour anti-counterfeiting network. Members include Louis Vuitton, Samsung, Amway and Mars, among others. Since its formation in January, the AACA has met twice and is making tangible progress towards its goals. Another meeting is scheduled for September.
- Formation last month of the “ Cloud Sword Alliance ,” a partnership with provincial governments of 13 Chinese provinces, providing law-enforcement bodies with data to track down and prosecute criminal rings and activities. This broader alliance grew out of a single, four-month cooperative investigation with provincial law-enforcement authorities in 2015. The technology behind Cloud Sword involves complex algorithms and machine learning from Alibaba’s technological ecosystem. The technology is able to track not just illegal transactions, but also trace them upstream to the production source.
- A legal victory against a seller of fake cat food on Taobao, with a Shanghai court last month ordering the IPR infringer to pay damages. The case was one of three civil suits Alibaba has lodged against IPR violators on its platforms so far this year. At the start of the year, Alibaba sued two Taobao vendors for selling fake Swarovski watches. And in May, Alibaba went to court to seek damages against a Taobao vendor who was previously convicted of trademark violation by selling fake Wuliangye-branded spirits.
- Proactive monitoring for improper use of branded keywords. Since last year, Alibaba has focused on cracking down on merchants who attempt to mislead consumers through misappropriation of branded keywords in the titles of product listings. Alibaba continues to use advanced algorithms to identify, block and remove them and root out repeat offenders, and results are showing. Valid complaints about misuse of trademark keywords decreased 84% through July this year from a year earlier.
About Alibaba Group
Alibaba Group's mission is to make it easy to do business anywhere. The company aims to build the future infrastructure of commerce. It envisions that its customers will meet, work and live at Alibaba, and that it will be a company that lasts at least 102 years.
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
CyberOptics Demonstrates New MRS-Enabled AOI, SPI and CMM Solutions at productronica Germany17.10.2017 13:00 | Pressemelding
CyberOptics® Corporation (NASDAQ:CYBE), a leading global developer and manufacturer of high-precision 3D sensing technology solutions, will demonstrate the SQ3000™-DD 3D Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) system with the new Ultra-High Resolution Multiple-Reflection Suppression (MRS) Sensors in Hall A4, Stand 239 at productronica 2017, scheduled to take place Nov. 14 – 17, 2017 at the Messe München in Germany. The company also will unveil the new SE3000™ 3D SPI and SQ3000™ 3D CMM, both powered by MRS technology. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171017005732/en/ CyberOptics SQ3000-DD AOI System (Photo: Business Wire) The new SQ3000-DD 3D AOI dual lane, dual sensor system maximizes flexibility catering to varying PCB widths. This unique design provides the ability to inspect
Gilead Sciences Announces Promotion of Alessandro Riva to Executive Vice President, Oncology Therapeutics17.10.2017 12:30 | Pressemelding
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: GILD) announced today the promotion of Alessandro Riva, MD, to Executive Vice President, Oncology Therapeutics, with responsibility for Gilead’s hematology and oncology programs, including cell therapy research and development. Dr. Riva will become a member of Gilead’s senior leadership team. Dr. Riva joined Gilead in January 2017 as Senior Vice President, Hematology and Oncology Therapeutic Area Head. He has been instrumental in expanding Gilead’s oncology program with the recent acquisition of Kite Pharma, establishing the company as a leader in the field of cellular therapy. He has also guided the strategy and development of Gilead’s broader oncology pipeline during his tenure. Prior to joining Gilead, Dr. Riva served as Head, Global Oncology Development at Novartis, where he oversaw the development and worldwide regulatory approval of multi
First Eagle Investment Management Agrees to Acquire NewStar Financial17.10.2017 11:00 | Pressemelding
First Eagle Investment Management (“First Eagle”) and NewStar Financial Inc. (Nasdaq:NEWS) ("NewStar”) announced today that they have entered into a definitive agreement for First Eagle to acquire NewStar, an established lender and investment manager specializing in direct lending to middle-market companies and management of broadly syndicated loans. NewStar stockholders are expected to receive total consideration estimated at $12.32 to $12.44 per share, which represents a premium of 10.4% to 11.5% over NewStar's 3-month volume weighted average price of $11.16 as of October 16, 2017, the last trading day before the transaction announcement. The contingent value rights entitle the holders to certain tax refunds generated by the transaction, the amount of which will vary depending upon, among other things, whether the transaction closes in 2017 or 2018. This press release features multimedia.
Eos Biosciences Announces Issuance of Additional U.S. Patent For Targeted Breast Cancer Therapy17.10.2017 11:00 | Pressemelding
Eos Biosciences, Inc., a bio-targeted nanomedicines company developing a novel nanobiologic particle drug delivery platform technology (Eosomes), and a proprietary oncology-specific product pipeline, announced that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has now issued Eos Biosciences a second patent, U.S. Patent No. 9,789,201, for Eos-001, the company’s HER3-targeted Eosome with doxorubicin payload. Omar Haffar, Ph.D., Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “This is a very exciting time for Eos Biosciences. In addition to expanding and solidifying our patent portfolio, we are making very significant progress on the pre-clinical development and scale-up manufacturing of our products.” Dr. Haffar continued, “We are also implementing a strategic expansion of our product pipeline into immuno-oncology, and the application of Eosomes to other high impact di
1 Million MOTION CODE™ Online Transactions With Société Générale17.10.2017 10:07 | Pressemelding
IDEMIA, the global leader in trusted identities for an increasingly digital world, today announced the milestone of 1 million MOTION CODE TM online transactions with Société Générale. Société Générale was one of the first banks worldwide to launch MOTION CODE™, the next-generation card integrating a dynamic security code by IDEMIA (formerly known as OT-Morpho). This solution consists in replacing the 3 digits of the cryptogram printed on the back of the card with a small screen displaying a new “dynamic” code every hour. Thus, in case of piracy of the bank card’s data, the 3 digits of the cryptogram quickly become obsolete, preventing fraudsters from reusing data, especially on e-commerce sites. After successful testing among more than 500 people in 2016, Société Générale started offering MOTION CODE™ to all their French customers early 2017. In les
Mobile Ticket Option Launches for Tampa Bay CityPASS17.10.2017 09:00 | Pressemelding
City Pass, Inc., the company that specializes in packaging discounted admission to the most iconic attractions in 12 North American destinations, recently launched a mobile ticket option for its Tampa Bay CityPASS® program. Since 1997, CityPASS products have been designed to make travel easier and less expensive. And while the Tampa Bay CityPASS program will continue to excel at the latter—saving visitors 51 percent off combined admission to the included attractions—the new mobile ticket option dramatically enhances the convenience factor. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171017005538/en/ Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (Photo: SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Inc.) “We’re always looking for ways to improve the customer experience and make travel more convenient,” said CityPASS President a
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom