Alibaba’s Enhanced IP Protection Platform Now Eliminates Fake Listings in Less Than 24 Hours
10.8.2017 05:15 | Business Wire
At its Brand Rights Holders Day in Beijing, Alibaba Group (NYSE:BABA) today unveiled enhancements to its Intellectual Property Protection (IPP) Platform. In the first month since the “express” technology enhancements were made, almost all cases submitted by rights holders were handled and closed within 24 hours, among which more than 80% of the listings were also taken down. Alibaba’s IP Protection Platform is used by brands and IP owners to flag and request the take down of counterfeit or IP-infringing product listings.
Key highlights of Alibaba’s IP Protection Platform technology upgrades include:
- A single entry point across all Alibaba e-commerce platforms and streamlined process to assess the validity of complaints;
- A more-automated complaints-processing, analysis, and product-authentication system powered by new algorithms and data models;
- A dedicated team of IPR professionals to reduce response time for inbound inquiries, as well as proactive outreach to new IPP users and those with more complicated IPR cases;
- Broader brand-protection technological capabilities, for instance, multi-lingual trademark-recognition; and
- Improved search engine optimization (SEO) for easier discovery of and access to the IPP platform.
Of the complaints received, 96% were handled and closed within 24 hours, among which 83% of the listings were also taken down. The remaining 17% were declined mainly for reasons such as insufficient evidence to prove infringement or a mismatch between the complained listing and IP documents filed.
To ensure continuous improvements to the IPP Platform, Alibaba will conduct regular satisfaction surveys and invite rights holders to provide feedback about their user experience.
Building Trust with Brands and Rights Holders
At the Brand Rights Holders Day, Alibaba engaged with the 180 brand representatives to discuss ways to further improve online and offline IP protection and build up mutual trust.
“Brand trust is core to our mission,” said Jessie Zheng, Alibaba’s chief platform governance officer. “Our enhanced platform, along with significant progress in other important initiatives all showcase the industry best practices Alibaba is creating for the benefit of all our stakeholders.”
The Brand Right Holders Day event and platform upgrade received positive feedback from participating brands, who said they gained more in-depth knowledge and understanding about the IP-protection tools at their disposal.
“As a long-standing partner of Alibaba’s, I’m impressed with the technology upgrades to the platform we saw today, and appreciate Alibaba’s openness about its processes and willingness to seek our input on how to better work together. As a brand, I learned a lot, which instills our continued trust in Alibaba to protect our IP,” said Jessica Guo, Senior Legal Manager, Spalding.
Additional Significant Progress in IP Protection Reported
The operator of the world’s largest online and mobile marketplaces also shared recent progress made in furthering brand and stakeholder collaboration, law-enforcement partnerships and legal action against IPR infringers. Highlights included:
- A significant agreement by Alibaba Group and French luxury group Kering last week to cooperate in efforts to protect intellectual property and take joint enforcement actions online and offline against infringers.
Day in July, where Alibaba and IPR agencies – who work on
behalf of rights holders to protect their IP – met to share
experiences, best practices and discuss how to best work together to
protect rights holders’ IP.
"The willingness to cooperate, to talk directly with customers…and find real solutions to the problems we face, this is something hard to find in other marketplaces,” said Joan Porta, online brand protection manager at Red Points. “Having someone you can talk to, bring your problems to and get effective responses from, Alibaba is clearly in a top position among marketplaces."
- Creation of the Alibaba Anti-Counterfeiting Alliance (AACA) , a collaboration between Alibaba and 30 international and Chinese brands that leverages big data and the latest technologies to enable a cooperative, global, 24-hour anti-counterfeiting network. Members include Louis Vuitton, Samsung, Amway and Mars, among others. Since its formation in January, the AACA has met twice and is making tangible progress towards its goals. Another meeting is scheduled for September.
- Formation last month of the “ Cloud Sword Alliance ,” a partnership with provincial governments of 13 Chinese provinces, providing law-enforcement bodies with data to track down and prosecute criminal rings and activities. This broader alliance grew out of a single, four-month cooperative investigation with provincial law-enforcement authorities in 2015. The technology behind Cloud Sword involves complex algorithms and machine learning from Alibaba’s technological ecosystem. The technology is able to track not just illegal transactions, but also trace them upstream to the production source.
- A legal victory against a seller of fake cat food on Taobao, with a Shanghai court last month ordering the IPR infringer to pay damages. The case was one of three civil suits Alibaba has lodged against IPR violators on its platforms so far this year. At the start of the year, Alibaba sued two Taobao vendors for selling fake Swarovski watches. And in May, Alibaba went to court to seek damages against a Taobao vendor who was previously convicted of trademark violation by selling fake Wuliangye-branded spirits.
- Proactive monitoring for improper use of branded keywords. Since last year, Alibaba has focused on cracking down on merchants who attempt to mislead consumers through misappropriation of branded keywords in the titles of product listings. Alibaba continues to use advanced algorithms to identify, block and remove them and root out repeat offenders, and results are showing. Valid complaints about misuse of trademark keywords decreased 84% through July this year from a year earlier.
About Alibaba Group
Alibaba Group's mission is to make it easy to do business anywhere. The company aims to build the future infrastructure of commerce. It envisions that its customers will meet, work and live at Alibaba, and that it will be a company that lasts at least 102 years.
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Lenovo Continues to Gain Momentum in First Quarter FY 2017/1818.8.2017 00:04 | Pressemelding
Behind the strength of its 3-wave strategy, Lenovo’s business transformation continued to gain traction during the first quarter, delivering solid profitability in its core PC and smart devices business, and revenue and profit improvements in targeted growth areas, including the data center and mobile businesses. Fueled by new investments in people and products, Lenovo’s Data Center Group (DCG) introduced the most comprehensive product lineup in its history, with the new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile portfolio, and continued to build out its end-to-end sales organization. Similarly, Lenovo’s Mobile Business Group launched significant new products led by the Moto Z2 Force, available now on all major U.S. carriers, and ramped up its branding efforts worldwide. “In the first quarter this fiscal year, we had stable performance as we executed our 3-wave strategy with commitment. We
Spirent Tests Wi-Fi Network Performance with O2 at the Coca-Cola London Eye17.8.2017 15:57 | Pressemelding
Spirent Communications plc (LSE:SPT), today announced its Landslide E10 network test platform has been used with O2 to validate the Wi-Fi network performance and capacity at the Coca-Cola London Eye, before the launch of a new smartphone application last month. This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170817005758/en/ Spirent Landslide E10 helped O2 validate Wi-Fi performance and capacity at the Coca-Cola London Eye, before the launch of a new smartphone application last month. (Photo: Busines Wire) Merlin Entertainments plc, operator of the London Eye, wanted to measure its Wi-Fi network performance, to ensure its infrastructure could provide an excellent experience for users of the new app, which puts increased demands on the Wi-Fi network. “The London Eye is a global attractio
Watch BizWireTV: A Camera You Can Wear and Krispy Kreme’s Famous Donuts Get Eclipsed with Chocolate17.8.2017 12:08 | Pressemelding
On BizWireTV, catch some Quick Biz Hits and see the latest in Star Power. Also see what’s happening in the startup world with the Accelerator Report, featuring the VC Watch and this week’s Startup Standout. This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170817005305/en/ BizWireTV is hosted by Jordyn Rolling (Photo: Business Wire Now you can watch BizWireTV, and the latest breakthroughs in tech from the biggest brands, on any screen you want by downloading the new app through the Apple TV and iPhone App Store and Google Play for Android devices. Top of the Wire Introducing FrontRow: the camera re-invented. Watch BizWireTV to see more disruptors as well as the top 5 trending stories of the week! A core c
PsiOxus Therapeutics Announce Two New Board Appointments: New Board Appointments Strengthen Company’s US Presence17.8.2017 07:00 | Pressemelding
PsiOxus Therapeutics, Ltd. (PsiOxus) today announced the appointment of Charles Rowland and Duncan Higgons to the Board of Directors as part of an ongoing drive to expand in the US. Charles Rowland was most recently the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals, a clinical stage pharmaceutical company focused on the global lupus nephritis market. Prior to this, he served as the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of ViroPharma, during which time the company grew into a global biopharmaceutical business with $500 million in annual revenues until it was acquired by Shire plc for $4.2 billion. Before joining ViroPharma, Mr. Rowland was executive Vice President, CFO, and interim co-CEO, for Endo Pharmaceuticals. In his earlier career, Charles held finance and operational positions at Biovail Pharmaceuticals, Breakaway Technologies, Pharmacia
Smarsh Adds Voice Archiving Offering with Acquisition of London-Based Cognia17.8.2017 06:59 | Pressemelding
Smarsh®, providing information archiving solutions for compliance, e-discovery and risk management, has completed the acquisition of Cognia, a worldwide leader in cloud-based voice archiving, audio search and analytics. Smarsh will leverage Cognia’s intellectual property and development resources to offer its global customer base enhanced capabilities around mobile and fixed-line voice communication – alongside a market-leading range of electronic communications – within The Archiving Platform. The acquisition will expand the existing presence of Smarsh in Europe and is central to its MiFID II compliance solution for financial firms. In addition to capturing incoming and outgoing communication from fixed-line recording solutions, Cognia uniquely captures voice content directly from leading mobile carriers. Carrier-direct capture is the most reliable and automated method for capt
Schlumberger Announces Third-Quarter 2017 Results Conference Call16.8.2017 21:23 | Pressemelding
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB) will hold a conference call on October 20, 2017 to discuss the results for the third quarter ending September 30, 2017. The conference call is scheduled to begin at 8:30 am US Eastern time and a press release regarding the results will be issued at 7:00 am US Eastern time. To access the conference call, listeners should contact the Conference Call Operator at +1 (800) 288-8967 within North America or +1 (612) 333-4911 outside of North America approximately 10 minutes prior to the start of the call, and ask for the “Schlumberger Earnings Conference Call.” A webcast of the conference call will be broadcast simultaneously at www.slb.com/irwebcast on a listen-only basis. Listeners should log in 15 minutes prior to the start of the call to test their browsers and register for the webcast. Following the end of the conference call,
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom