Alibaba’s Enhanced IP Protection Platform Now Eliminates Fake Listings in Less Than 24 Hours
At its Brand Rights Holders Day in Beijing, Alibaba Group (NYSE:BABA) today unveiled enhancements to its Intellectual Property Protection (IPP) Platform. In the first month since the “express” technology enhancements were made, almost all cases submitted by rights holders were handled and closed within 24 hours, among which more than 80% of the listings were also taken down. Alibaba’s IP Protection Platform is used by brands and IP owners to flag and request the take down of counterfeit or IP-infringing product listings.
Key highlights of Alibaba’s IP Protection Platform technology upgrades include:
- A single entry point across all Alibaba e-commerce platforms and streamlined process to assess the validity of complaints;
- A more-automated complaints-processing, analysis, and product-authentication system powered by new algorithms and data models;
- A dedicated team of IPR professionals to reduce response time for inbound inquiries, as well as proactive outreach to new IPP users and those with more complicated IPR cases;
- Broader brand-protection technological capabilities, for instance, multi-lingual trademark-recognition; and
- Improved search engine optimization (SEO) for easier discovery of and access to the IPP platform.
Of the complaints received, 96% were handled and closed within 24 hours, among which 83% of the listings were also taken down. The remaining 17% were declined mainly for reasons such as insufficient evidence to prove infringement or a mismatch between the complained listing and IP documents filed.
To ensure continuous improvements to the IPP Platform, Alibaba will conduct regular satisfaction surveys and invite rights holders to provide feedback about their user experience.
Building Trust with Brands and Rights Holders
At the Brand Rights Holders Day, Alibaba engaged with the 180 brand representatives to discuss ways to further improve online and offline IP protection and build up mutual trust.
“Brand trust is core to our mission,” said Jessie Zheng, Alibaba’s chief platform governance officer. “Our enhanced platform, along with significant progress in other important initiatives all showcase the industry best practices Alibaba is creating for the benefit of all our stakeholders.”
The Brand Right Holders Day event and platform upgrade received positive feedback from participating brands, who said they gained more in-depth knowledge and understanding about the IP-protection tools at their disposal.
“As a long-standing partner of Alibaba’s, I’m impressed with the technology upgrades to the platform we saw today, and appreciate Alibaba’s openness about its processes and willingness to seek our input on how to better work together. As a brand, I learned a lot, which instills our continued trust in Alibaba to protect our IP,” said Jessica Guo, Senior Legal Manager, Spalding.
Additional Significant Progress in IP Protection Reported
The operator of the world’s largest online and mobile marketplaces also shared recent progress made in furthering brand and stakeholder collaboration, law-enforcement partnerships and legal action against IPR infringers. Highlights included:
- A significant agreement by Alibaba Group and French luxury group Kering last week to cooperate in efforts to protect intellectual property and take joint enforcement actions online and offline against infringers.
Day in July, where Alibaba and IPR agencies – who work on
behalf of rights holders to protect their IP – met to share
experiences, best practices and discuss how to best work together to
protect rights holders’ IP.
"The willingness to cooperate, to talk directly with customers…and find real solutions to the problems we face, this is something hard to find in other marketplaces,” said Joan Porta, online brand protection manager at Red Points. “Having someone you can talk to, bring your problems to and get effective responses from, Alibaba is clearly in a top position among marketplaces."
- Creation of the Alibaba Anti-Counterfeiting Alliance (AACA) , a collaboration between Alibaba and 30 international and Chinese brands that leverages big data and the latest technologies to enable a cooperative, global, 24-hour anti-counterfeiting network. Members include Louis Vuitton, Samsung, Amway and Mars, among others. Since its formation in January, the AACA has met twice and is making tangible progress towards its goals. Another meeting is scheduled for September.
- Formation last month of the “ Cloud Sword Alliance ,” a partnership with provincial governments of 13 Chinese provinces, providing law-enforcement bodies with data to track down and prosecute criminal rings and activities. This broader alliance grew out of a single, four-month cooperative investigation with provincial law-enforcement authorities in 2015. The technology behind Cloud Sword involves complex algorithms and machine learning from Alibaba’s technological ecosystem. The technology is able to track not just illegal transactions, but also trace them upstream to the production source.
- A legal victory against a seller of fake cat food on Taobao, with a Shanghai court last month ordering the IPR infringer to pay damages. The case was one of three civil suits Alibaba has lodged against IPR violators on its platforms so far this year. At the start of the year, Alibaba sued two Taobao vendors for selling fake Swarovski watches. And in May, Alibaba went to court to seek damages against a Taobao vendor who was previously convicted of trademark violation by selling fake Wuliangye-branded spirits.
- Proactive monitoring for improper use of branded keywords. Since last year, Alibaba has focused on cracking down on merchants who attempt to mislead consumers through misappropriation of branded keywords in the titles of product listings. Alibaba continues to use advanced algorithms to identify, block and remove them and root out repeat offenders, and results are showing. Valid complaints about misuse of trademark keywords decreased 84% through July this year from a year earlier.
About Alibaba Group
Alibaba Group's mission is to make it easy to do business anywhere. The company aims to build the future infrastructure of commerce. It envisions that its customers will meet, work and live at Alibaba, and that it will be a company that lasts at least 102 years.
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Takeda and TiGenix announce that Cx601 (darvadstrocel) has received a positive CHMP opinion to treat complex perianal fistulas in Crohn’s disease15.12.2017 12:34 | Pressemelding
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TSE: 4502) (“Takeda”) and TiGenix NV (Euronext Brussels and NASDAQ: TIG) (“TiGenix”) today announced that the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA), in conjunction with the Committee for Advanced Therapies (CAT), has adopted a positive opinion recommending a marketing authorization (MA) for investigational compound Cx601 (darvadstrocel). Cx601 is expected to be indicated for the treatment of complex perianal fistulas in adult patients with non-active/mildly active luminal Crohn’s disease, when fistulas have shown an inadequate response to at least one conventional or biologic therapy.2 This recommendation marks the first allogeneic stem cell therapy to receive a positive CHMP opinion in Europe. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/201712
Bitcoin Romania and Twispay Announce Integration Partnership Providing Users with the Ability to Purchase Bitcoin with Bank Cards15.12.2017 12:21 | Pressemelding
Bitcoin Romania, leading Eastern European Bitcoin exchange & brokerage firm, and Twispay, Swiss-owned European payment processor and FinTech pioneer, today announced the availability of a payment integration that allows a global clientele to acquire Bitcoin and Ethereum cryptocurrencies using Visa and Mastercard bank cards. Unprecedented in Romania, this is one of the first East-Central European integration partnerships that allow consumers to use their cards to purchase cryptocurrency. Until recently, investors could only acquire cryptocurrencies through bank transfers and cash deposits, but the volatility of cryptocurrency markets dictates the need for additional operational flexibility. Investors require faster, safer, more reliable, and more comfortable ways to complete purchases. “One minute can make the difference between a million lost and a million earned. That is pr
Upon Conclusion of the Fourth Annual Forum for Promoting Peace in Muslim Societies, Scholars and Intellectuals Visit the Louvre Abu Dhabi Museum15.12.2017 11:38 | Pressemelding
A high-level delegation of dignitaries, scholars and intellectuals participating in the fourth annual Forum for Promoting Peace in Muslim Societies, visited the Louvre Abu Dhabi museum. The delegation was headed by H.E Mustafa Ceric, former Grand Mufti of Bosnia; alongside Sheikh Mohammad Mukhtar Ould Imbala, Head of Mauritania’s Fatwa & Grievances Supreme Council; H.E Amar Mirghani Hussein, Sudanese Minister of (religious) Guidance and Endowments; and H.E Salho Jay, Imam of the Juma Masjid in South Africa. The Forum was held in Abu Dhabi from 11-13 December 2017, with the participation of more than 700 scholars, intellectuals and religious dignitaries from around the world. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171215005255/en/ Group Photo of the Scholars and Intellectuals during their visit to the L
Kennedy Wilson Acquires 124-Unit Northbank Apartments in Dublin, Ireland for €45 Million15.12.2017 11:00 | Pressemelding
Global real estate investment company Kennedy Wilson (NYSE: KW) announces that it has acquired Northbank Apartments, a wholly-owned 124-unit apartment community in Dublin’s North Docks, for €45 million from Jarmar Properties Limited (In Receivership) acting through David Carson of Deloitte as Statutory Receiver, the lender being the National Asset Management Agency (“NAMA”). Situated in Dublin’s North Docks, Northbank is located just 50 meters from Kennedy Wilson’s existing 84-unit Liffey Trust apartments. The two buildings benefit from great transport links as the LUAS Red line is immediately adjacent connecting to Dublin’s city centre and main train stations in five minutes. “The successful acquisition of Northbank in such close proximity to our Liffey Trust asset allows us to leverage our existing presence and implement our value-add asset management strategy, including a
AML BitCoin Enters Phase II of ICO15.12.2017 09:00 | Pressemelding
NAC Foundation, LLC announces today that the initial coin offering for the AML BitCoin – the world’s only patent-pending compliant digital currency – has been extended for another month to accommodate a torrent of last minute, new coin purchasers and the demands of thousands of current owners of the coin, who have had difficulty navigating the process of establishing the specialized wallet required to hold the innovative digital currency. This second phase of the AML BitCoin initial coin offering will see an increase in the price of the coin, from US $1.00 to US $1.25. The company has already been contacted by prospective purchasers in the slightly higher priced Phase II, and anticipates a further price increase to US $1.50 within a week or two. HitBTC, one of the world’s largest and most active digital currency exchanges, was prepared to list the AML BitCoin for trading on
Joensuu City Challenge – International Competition for Innovative SMEs Opened15.12.2017 08:24 | Pressemelding
City of Joensuu, Finland, has announced an international competition in which 200,000 euros will be used for innovative pilot projects in the city centre. Joensuu has defined four city platforms on which companies or other interested organizations are invited to present innovative proposals. The winning proposals will be implemented as pilot projects in Joensuu. The deadline for the proposals is 18th March 2018. The implementation phase of the proposals should be carried out by May 2019. Competition information is provided in English, and proposals can be made in English and Finnish. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171215005170/en/ Joensuu City Challenge - International Competition for Innovative SMEs Opened (Photo: Business Wire) The four challenges for which solutions are sought are v
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom