ADC Therapeutics Announces Interim Phase I Data from its Novel Antibody-Drug Conjugate ADCT-301
ADC Therapeutics (ADCT), an oncology drug discovery and development company that specializes in the development of proprietary Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs) targeting major cancers, today announced clinical data from two ongoing Phase I clinical trials evaluating ADCT-301 (camidanlumab tesirine or “Cami-T”) in important subtypes of lymphoma and leukemia. The data were presented at the 59th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting in Atlanta, USA.
1. Interim results of a Phase I open label, single agent, dose-escalating study of ADCT-301 evaluating tolerability, safety, pharmacokinetics and efficacy in patients with relapsed or refractory B-cell Hodgkin’s or non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
Dr. Steven M. Horwitz, Medical Oncologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, and Principal Investigator, said: “Despite considerable advances in the treatment of lymphoma, a significant number of patients still relapse or become refractory to existing therapies and need new treatment options. We are excited by the 77 percent overall response rate (ORR) in Hodgkin Lymphoma (HL), including a 44 percent complete response rate. We are also seeing emerging efficacy signals in T-cell lymphomas (ORR: 33 percent) and B-cell lymphomas (ORR: 19 percent). Although still early, we are very encouraged by a median duration of response for HL patients of over 5 months to-date. The safety profile appears consistent with what we expect with this target and warhead. We are now working to determine the best dosing regimen for Phase II.“
Data were presented from 86 evaluable, heavily pre-treated patients who had failed, or were intolerant to, any established therapy known to provide clinical benefit. The median age of patients was 53 years and they had a median of 4 prior therapies. Data were reported from Part 1 and Part 2 of the Phase I study as of November 1, 2017. In Part 1 (dose escalation), 71 patients were treated at dose ranges from 3-150 µg/kg every three weeks. In Part 2 (dose expansion), 15 Hodgkin Lymphoma patients were treated at 45 µg/kg every 3 weeks.
Key findings presented at the poster presentation included:
- For the 27 response-evaluable patients with HL in Part 1, treated at doses greater than or equal to 45 µg/kg, the ORR was 77 percent (21/27 patients) with 12 patients achieving a complete response (44 percent) and 9 patients achieving a partial response (33 percent).
- For the 12 response-evaluable patients with HL in Part 1 and Part 2, treated at the 45 µg/kg dose, the ORR was 100 percent (12/12) with 6 patients achieving a complete response (50 percent) and 6 patients achieving a partial response (50 percent).
- For HL patients in Part 1 and Part 2, treated at doses greater than or equal to 45 µg/kg, a complete or partial response was achieved in 21 of 27 patients previously treated with brentuximab vedotin (77 percent), 13 of 18 patients previously treated with a checkpoint inhibitor (72 percent), 9 of 14 patients who had previously undergone a stem cell transplantation (64 percent), and 4 of 8 patients who had previously received all three of these treatments (50 percent).
- ADCT-301 has been reasonably well tolerated.
- The most common treatment-emergent adverse events of any grade occurring in at least 20 percent of patients in Part 1 and Part 2 were fatigue (30 percent), rash (26 percent), elevated gamma-glutamyltransferase (22 percent), and pyrexia (21 percent). The most common Grade 3 or 4 adverse events occurring in at least 5 percent of patients, regardless of attribution, were elevated gamma-glutamyltransferase (13 percent), reduced platelet count (9 percent), elevated alanine aminotransferase (6 percent), anemia (6 percent), and rash (6 percent). There were three heavily pre-treated patients diagnosed with auto-immune neurotoxicity, including two patients who developed Guillain-Barré syndrome.
- These encouraging preliminary safety and efficacy results support further characterization of the dosing regime to optimize the therapeutic window in Hodgkin Lymphoma for a Phase II study.
2. Interim results of a Phase I open label, single agent, dose-escalating study of ADCT-301 evaluating tolerability, safety, pharmacokinetics and efficacy in patients with relapsed or refractory B-cell acute myeloid leukemia or acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Data were presented from 33 evaluable, heavily pre-treated, patients who had failed, or were intolerant to, any established therapy known to provide clinical benefit. The median age of patients was 67 years and they had a median of 3 prior therapies. In Part 1 (dose escalation), 33 patients were treated at dose ranges from 3-92 µg/kg every three weeks, or 30-37.5 µg/kg once weekly.
Key findings presented at the poster presentation included:
- One patient achieved a complete response with incomplete blood count recovery.
- ADCT-301 has shown an acceptable safety profile.
- The most common treatment-emergent adverse events of any grade occurring in at least 20 percent of patients were fatigue (30 percent), nausea (24 percent), febrile neutropenia (21 percent), and pneumonia (21 percent). The most common Grade 3 or 4 adverse events occurring in at least 10 percent of patients, regardless of attribution, were febrile neutropenia (21 percent), thrombocytopenia (15 percent), fatigue (12 percent), reduced neutrophil count (12 percent), and pneumonia (12 percent).
- Dose escalation will continue to investigate weekly dosing.
ADCT-301 is an antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) composed of a monoclonal antibody that binds to CD25 (HuMax®-TAC, licensed from Genmab A/S), conjugated to a pyrrolobenzodiazepine (PBD) dimer toxin. Once bound to a CD25-expresing cell, ADCT-301 is internalized into the cell where enzymes release the PBD-based warhead. CD25 is an attractive target for an ADC approach as it is expressed in a wide range of hematological malignancies, including certain forms of lymphomas and leukemias, while its expression in healthy organs is restricted. ADCT-301 is being evaluated in two ongoing phase Ia/Ib clinical trials in patients with relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), and in patients with relapsed or refractory CD25-positive acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). (www.adct-301.com)
About ADC Therapeutics
ADC Therapeutics SA (ADCT) is an oncology drug development company that specializes in the development of proprietary antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) targeting major types of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. The Company’s ADCs are highly targeted biopharmaceutical drugs that combine monoclonal antibodies specific to surface antigens present on particular tumor cells with a novel class of highly potent pyrrolobenzodiazepine (PBD) based warheads via a chemical linker. The Company has four PBD-based antibody drug conjugates in six ongoing Phase Ia and Ib clinical trials in the USA and in Europe, and a deep pipeline of other preclinical ADCs in development. ADCT enjoys strong relationships with world class partners, including AstraZeneca and its global biologics research and development arm, MedImmune. The Company is based in Lausanne (Biopôle), Switzerland and has operations in London, San Francisco and New Jersey. (www.adctherapeutics.com).
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Tradeshift Announces Q3 2018 Results19.10.2018 11:00 | Pressemelding
Tradeshift, the leader in supply chain payments and marketplaces, today announced results from the third quarter of 2018, marking the tenth quarter in a row of successive growth and beating targets. Tradeshift’s third quarter growth stats announced today include: YoY revenue grew 400 percent (trailing 12 months) YoY new bookings grew 284 percent YoY gross merchandise volume (GMV) grew 262 percent New total contract value grew by $47M in Q3 Tradeshift’s customer roster continued strong growth this quarter adding 27 new customers, including Hertz, Shiseido, ECU, and Fortune 500 leaders in retail apparel, agriculture, engineering and construction, hospitality, travel and food delivery. Tradeshift also expanded its app ecosystem by adding a key partnership with Coface, a global credit insurer. Coface has announced a new app solution on the Tradeshift platform offering risk and business information services to help businesses make decisions by ensuring greater financial transparency between
Schlumberger Announces Third-Quarter 2018 Results19.10.2018 11:00 | Pressemelding
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE: SLB) today reported results for the third quarter of 2018. (Stated in millions, except per share amounts) Three Months Ended Change Sept. 30, 2018 Jun. 30, 2018 Sept. 30, 2017 Sequential Year-on-year Revenue $8,504 $8,303 $7,905 2% 8% Pretax operating income $1,152 $1,094 $1,059 5% 9% Pretax operating margin 13.5% 13.2% 13.4% 36 bps 15 bps Net income - GAAP basis $644 $430 $545 50% 18% Net income, excluding charges & credits* $644 $594 $581 8% 11% Diluted EPS - GAAP basis $0.46 $0.31 $0.39 48% 18% Diluted EPS, excluding charges & credits* $0.46 $0.43 $0.42 7% 10% North America revenue $3,189 $3,139 $2,602 2% 23% International revenue $5,215 $5,065 $5,147 3% 1% North America revenue, excluding Cameron $2,572 $2,546 $2,086 1% 23% International revenue, excluding Cameron $4,559 $4,387 $4,430 4% 3% *These are non-GAAP financial measures. See section below entitled "Charges & Credits" for details. Schlumberger Chairman and CEO Paal Kibsgaard commented, “Our third
Alibaba’s Robust Ecosystem Supercharges 2018 11.11 Global Shopping Festival19.10.2018 10:15 | Pressemelding
Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NYSE:BABA) today officially kicked off the 2018 11.11 Global Shopping Festival in China’s capital, promising this year’s mega-event will be the largest-ever in terms of scale and reach. Businesses within the Alibaba ecosystem will jointly offer hundreds of millions of consumers an enriching experience that supports their pursuit of high-quality products, entertainment and fast, reliable services. The Festival will also demonstrate the enthusiasm of consumers and brands embracing Alibaba’s New Retail strategy – the convergence of online and offline retail through technology. “This year marks the 10th anniversary of 11.11. On the back of China’s explosive digital transformation, the Festival’s astounding growth over the past decade has powered the steady growth of quality consumption sought by Chinese shoppers. The evolution also showcases the development of the Alibaba ecosystem over time expanding well beyond e-commerce,” said Alibaba Group CEO Daniel Zha
Real-world study shows using Giotrif®/Gilotrif® (afatinib) followed by osimertinib provides a median of 27.6 months of chemotherapy-free time in patients with EGFR mutation-positive NSCLC19.10.2018 10:08 | Pressemelding
Boehringer Ingelheim today announced results from GioTag, a real-world retrospective study which examined the impact of first-line Giotrif®/Gilotrif® (afatinib) followed by osimertinib, in epidermal growth factor receptor mutation-positive (EGFR M+) non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients with acquired T790M mutations, the most common mechanism of resistance to first- and second-generation EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs). The results showed that the sequential strategy was effective in delaying subsequent chemotherapy treatment and were published today in the journal Future Oncology. According to the study, the median time on treatment for sequential afatinib and osimertinib was 27.6 months. In this broad, real-world population, the clinical benefit was consistent across all patient subgroups, with particularly encouraging results seen in those with exon 19 deletion (Del19)-positive disease (median time on treatment 30.3 months) and Asian patients (median time on treatment 4
Clovis Oncology Presents Initial Results from the Ongoing Rubraca® (rucaparib) TRITON Program in Metastatic Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer (mCRPC) at ESMO 2018 Congress19.10.2018 10:01 | Pressemelding
Clovis Oncology, Inc. (NASDAQ: CLVS) today announced initial data from its ongoing Phase 2 TRITON2 clinical trial of Rubraca at the ESMO 2018 Congress (European Society for Medical Oncology). The data show a 44% confirmed objective response rate (ORR) by investigator assessment in 25 RECIST* /PCWG3** response-evaluable patients with a BRCA1/2 alteration. The median duration of response in these patients has not yet been reached. In addition, a 51% confirmed prostate specific antigen (PSA) response rate was observed in 45 PSA response-evaluable patients with a BRCA1/2 alteration. The TRITON2 results were the basis for Breakthrough Therapy designation for Rubraca as a monotherapy treatment of adult patients with BRCA1/2 mutated mCRPC who have received at least one prior androgen receptor (AR)-directed therapy and taxane-based chemotherapy, which was granted on October 2, 2018 by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These data will be highlighted in a poster authored by Dr. Wassim
EMVCo Publishes Draft EMV® Secure Remote Commerce Specification v0.9 for Public Comment19.10.2018 09:39 | Pressemelding
EMVCo has today published a draft of its EMV® Secure Remote Commerce (SRC) Specification, which is available for download from the EMVCo website and open for a public comment period of 45 days, until Monday 3 December. The global technical body has made the decision to release a draft specification - EMV SRC Specification v0.9 – before finalising the specification to allow as many payment industry participants as possible, including merchants, card issuers and payment networks, the opportunity to review and contribute to v1.0 which will be published in 2019. The draft EMV SRC Specification provides a foundation that will enable the processing of e-commerce transactions in a consistent, streamlined fashion across a variety of digital channels and devices, including smartphones, tablets, PCs and other connected devices. When finalised, it is expected that v1.0 of the EMV SRC Specification will: Define interfaces to allow for secure exchanges of payment data across participants in the dig