ADC Therapeutics Announces Interim Phase I Data from its Novel Antibody-Drug Conjugate ADCT-301
ADC Therapeutics (ADCT), an oncology drug discovery and development company that specializes in the development of proprietary Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs) targeting major cancers, today announced clinical data from two ongoing Phase I clinical trials evaluating ADCT-301 (camidanlumab tesirine or “Cami-T”) in important subtypes of lymphoma and leukemia. The data were presented at the 59th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting in Atlanta, USA.
1. Interim results of a Phase I open label, single agent, dose-escalating study of ADCT-301 evaluating tolerability, safety, pharmacokinetics and efficacy in patients with relapsed or refractory B-cell Hodgkin’s or non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
Dr. Steven M. Horwitz, Medical Oncologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, and Principal Investigator, said: “Despite considerable advances in the treatment of lymphoma, a significant number of patients still relapse or become refractory to existing therapies and need new treatment options. We are excited by the 77 percent overall response rate (ORR) in Hodgkin Lymphoma (HL), including a 44 percent complete response rate. We are also seeing emerging efficacy signals in T-cell lymphomas (ORR: 33 percent) and B-cell lymphomas (ORR: 19 percent). Although still early, we are very encouraged by a median duration of response for HL patients of over 5 months to-date. The safety profile appears consistent with what we expect with this target and warhead. We are now working to determine the best dosing regimen for Phase II.“
Data were presented from 86 evaluable, heavily pre-treated patients who had failed, or were intolerant to, any established therapy known to provide clinical benefit. The median age of patients was 53 years and they had a median of 4 prior therapies. Data were reported from Part 1 and Part 2 of the Phase I study as of November 1, 2017. In Part 1 (dose escalation), 71 patients were treated at dose ranges from 3-150 µg/kg every three weeks. In Part 2 (dose expansion), 15 Hodgkin Lymphoma patients were treated at 45 µg/kg every 3 weeks.
Key findings presented at the poster presentation included:
- For the 27 response-evaluable patients with HL in Part 1, treated at doses greater than or equal to 45 µg/kg, the ORR was 77 percent (21/27 patients) with 12 patients achieving a complete response (44 percent) and 9 patients achieving a partial response (33 percent).
- For the 12 response-evaluable patients with HL in Part 1 and Part 2, treated at the 45 µg/kg dose, the ORR was 100 percent (12/12) with 6 patients achieving a complete response (50 percent) and 6 patients achieving a partial response (50 percent).
- For HL patients in Part 1 and Part 2, treated at doses greater than or equal to 45 µg/kg, a complete or partial response was achieved in 21 of 27 patients previously treated with brentuximab vedotin (77 percent), 13 of 18 patients previously treated with a checkpoint inhibitor (72 percent), 9 of 14 patients who had previously undergone a stem cell transplantation (64 percent), and 4 of 8 patients who had previously received all three of these treatments (50 percent).
- ADCT-301 has been reasonably well tolerated.
- The most common treatment-emergent adverse events of any grade occurring in at least 20 percent of patients in Part 1 and Part 2 were fatigue (30 percent), rash (26 percent), elevated gamma-glutamyltransferase (22 percent), and pyrexia (21 percent). The most common Grade 3 or 4 adverse events occurring in at least 5 percent of patients, regardless of attribution, were elevated gamma-glutamyltransferase (13 percent), reduced platelet count (9 percent), elevated alanine aminotransferase (6 percent), anemia (6 percent), and rash (6 percent). There were three heavily pre-treated patients diagnosed with auto-immune neurotoxicity, including two patients who developed Guillain-Barré syndrome.
- These encouraging preliminary safety and efficacy results support further characterization of the dosing regime to optimize the therapeutic window in Hodgkin Lymphoma for a Phase II study.
2. Interim results of a Phase I open label, single agent, dose-escalating study of ADCT-301 evaluating tolerability, safety, pharmacokinetics and efficacy in patients with relapsed or refractory B-cell acute myeloid leukemia or acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Data were presented from 33 evaluable, heavily pre-treated, patients who had failed, or were intolerant to, any established therapy known to provide clinical benefit. The median age of patients was 67 years and they had a median of 3 prior therapies. In Part 1 (dose escalation), 33 patients were treated at dose ranges from 3-92 µg/kg every three weeks, or 30-37.5 µg/kg once weekly.
Key findings presented at the poster presentation included:
- One patient achieved a complete response with incomplete blood count recovery.
- ADCT-301 has shown an acceptable safety profile.
- The most common treatment-emergent adverse events of any grade occurring in at least 20 percent of patients were fatigue (30 percent), nausea (24 percent), febrile neutropenia (21 percent), and pneumonia (21 percent). The most common Grade 3 or 4 adverse events occurring in at least 10 percent of patients, regardless of attribution, were febrile neutropenia (21 percent), thrombocytopenia (15 percent), fatigue (12 percent), reduced neutrophil count (12 percent), and pneumonia (12 percent).
- Dose escalation will continue to investigate weekly dosing.
ADCT-301 is an antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) composed of a monoclonal antibody that binds to CD25 (HuMax®-TAC, licensed from Genmab A/S), conjugated to a pyrrolobenzodiazepine (PBD) dimer toxin. Once bound to a CD25-expresing cell, ADCT-301 is internalized into the cell where enzymes release the PBD-based warhead. CD25 is an attractive target for an ADC approach as it is expressed in a wide range of hematological malignancies, including certain forms of lymphomas and leukemias, while its expression in healthy organs is restricted. ADCT-301 is being evaluated in two ongoing phase Ia/Ib clinical trials in patients with relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), and in patients with relapsed or refractory CD25-positive acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). (www.adct-301.com)
About ADC Therapeutics
ADC Therapeutics SA (ADCT) is an oncology drug development company that specializes in the development of proprietary antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) targeting major types of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. The Company’s ADCs are highly targeted biopharmaceutical drugs that combine monoclonal antibodies specific to surface antigens present on particular tumor cells with a novel class of highly potent pyrrolobenzodiazepine (PBD) based warheads via a chemical linker. The Company has four PBD-based antibody drug conjugates in six ongoing Phase Ia and Ib clinical trials in the USA and in Europe, and a deep pipeline of other preclinical ADCs in development. ADCT enjoys strong relationships with world class partners, including AstraZeneca and its global biologics research and development arm, MedImmune. The Company is based in Lausanne (Biopôle), Switzerland and has operations in London, San Francisco and New Jersey. (www.adctherapeutics.com).
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
E.ON Chooses Corinex Broadband over Powerline Technology for their Smart Metering Rollout19.1.2018 06:00 | Pressemelding
E.ON, an international energy company that serves 32 million customers across multiple countries, has decided to use broadband over powerline (BPL) as the key technology in their communication mix, in the smart metering communication infrastructure for the low voltage part of their grid. E.ON chose Corinex as the solution provider for the initial two years of the deployment. The initial deployment will be several ten thousands of repeaters and head ends providing secure communication for a couple of hundred thousands of households. Corinex Grid Value network management based on IBM Tivoli platform will manage the network. “After extensive field trials, we found that Corinex broadband over powerline technology meets our requirements for mass rollout of smart metering services. We are convinced BPL is ideally suited to address the needs of many other utilities, so E.ON is interested in supporting BPL industry standardization in order to create a broad ecosystem of silicon and system vend
Changes in Executive Management at Sosei19.1.2018 01:54 | Pressemelding
Sosei Group Corporation (“Sosei” or the “Company”) (TOKYO: 4565), the world leader in GPCR medicine design and development, today announced that Dr. Fiona Marshall has resigned from her position as Executive Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer of Sosei to assume a senior role outside the Company. Dr. Marshall will leave Sosei at the end of February 2018. “As a co-founder of Heptares, I am very proud to have been associated with building a team of talented scientists over the past decade that has made many important breakthroughs in the field of GPCR stabilization and structure-based drug design, a unique technology that now underpins Sosei’s powerful drug discovery capability,” said Dr. Marshall. “With the team in excellent hands, I feel the time is right for me to move on to new challenges and I wish everyone at Sosei the best for what looks set to be an exciting future for the Company.” Peter Bains, Chief Executive Officer of Sosei, added: “Fiona has been a pivotal figure in
DXC Technology Named a 2018 Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Technology Leader18.1.2018 23:12 | Pressemelding
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) has been recognized as a 2018 Top 100 Global Technology Leader by Thomson Reuters. The inaugural program identifies the tech industry’s most operationally sound and financially successful organizations. The Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Tech Leaders study, the industry’s first holistic assessment of today’s leading tech companies, utilizes a 28-point data-driven algorithm to objectively identify organizations positioned to thrive in a complex and changing business environment. The patent pending methodology, developed by the Thomson Reuters Boston Innovation Lab, is based on eight principal pillars of performance: Financial Performance, Management and Investor Confidence, Risk and Resilience, Legal Compliance, Innovation, People and Social Responsibility, Environmental Impact, and Reputation. According to Thomson Reuters, these are the companies whose final scores across the pillars outshine over 5,000 other technology companies around the world. “DXC Techno
IFF Honors Dominique Ropion with Prestigious Master Perfumer Title18.1.2018 21:15 | Pressemelding
Regulatory News: This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180118006275/en/ Dominique Ropion (Photo: Business Wire) International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE: IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF), a leading innovator of sensory experiences that move the world, has named Dominique Ropion Master Perfumer. The Company’s designation recognizes perfumers who have demonstrated consistent and outstanding levels of creativity and craftsmanship in the art of perfumery, and exceptional leadership in and measurable impact on the industry. Mr. Ropion is the second perfumer at IFF recognized with the prestigious title, which was established in 2013. “At the heart of IFF are the people who consistently go above and beyond to passionately pursue their art and by doing so, revolutionize the industry,” said IFF Chairman & CEO Andreas Fibig. “In his 17 years with us, Dominique has consistently achieved this outstanding level of creativity and p
The Securities & Exchange Commission Announces Several Judgments And Injunctions Entered Against Defendants In The SEC v. Benger, et al. Litigation18.1.2018 19:21 | Pressemelding
The following statement is being issued by the Securities & Exchange Commission regarding Benger Fair Fund Class Action: Legal Notice BENGER FAIR FUND NOTICE The United States Securities and Exchange Commission authorized this Notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer. If you purchased or otherwise acquired China Voice Holding Corp., Biomoda, Inc., Pharma Holdings Inc., World Energy Solutions, Inc., Revolutions Medical Corp., Earthsearch Communications, Inc., and Essential Innovations Technology Corp. common shares from Defendants outside of the United States between March 1, 2007 and February 28, 2009, inclusive (the “Relevant Period”), you may be entitled to receive a monetary payment from the Benger Fair Fund (“Fair Fund”). Background In the action titled Securities and Exchange Commission v. Benger, et al. pending in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Case No. 09-CV-676, several judgments and injunctions were entered against defendants Ha
Pharnext’s Pivotal Phase 3 Trial PLEO-CMT to Be Featured at the 22nd Edition of the Francophone Peripheral Nerve Society Conference18.1.2018 16:45 | Pressemelding
Regulatory News: Pharnext SA (Paris:ALPHA) (FR0011191287 - ALPHA), a biopharmaceutical company pioneering a new approach to the development of innovative drugs based on the combination and repositioning of known drugs, today announced the Company will present an update from its ongoing pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial PLEO-CMT evaluating PXT3003 for the treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth type 1A disease (CMT1A), in an oral session during the 22nd edition of the Francophone Peripheral Nerve Society conference. The gathering will take place on January 26-27, 2018 in Paris (France). Details of the presentation are as follows: Date Time Session Friday January 26, 2018 From 3:03 to 3:15pm CET Selected Oral Communications Session Title: Status of the Pivotal Phase III Study (PLEO-CMT) Assessing the Efficacy and Safety of PXT3003 in the Treatment of Adult Patients with Charcot-Marie-Tooth type 1A Speaker : Prof. Shahram Attarian (Marseille) For more information about the event please visit : www.
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom