ADC Therapeutics Announces Interim Phase I Data from its Novel Antibody-Drug Conjugate ADCT-301
ADC Therapeutics (ADCT), an oncology drug discovery and development company that specializes in the development of proprietary Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs) targeting major cancers, today announced clinical data from two ongoing Phase I clinical trials evaluating ADCT-301 (camidanlumab tesirine or “Cami-T”) in important subtypes of lymphoma and leukemia. The data were presented at the 59th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting in Atlanta, USA.
1. Interim results of a Phase I open label, single agent, dose-escalating study of ADCT-301 evaluating tolerability, safety, pharmacokinetics and efficacy in patients with relapsed or refractory B-cell Hodgkin’s or non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
Dr. Steven M. Horwitz, Medical Oncologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, and Principal Investigator, said: “Despite considerable advances in the treatment of lymphoma, a significant number of patients still relapse or become refractory to existing therapies and need new treatment options. We are excited by the 77 percent overall response rate (ORR) in Hodgkin Lymphoma (HL), including a 44 percent complete response rate. We are also seeing emerging efficacy signals in T-cell lymphomas (ORR: 33 percent) and B-cell lymphomas (ORR: 19 percent). Although still early, we are very encouraged by a median duration of response for HL patients of over 5 months to-date. The safety profile appears consistent with what we expect with this target and warhead. We are now working to determine the best dosing regimen for Phase II.“
Data were presented from 86 evaluable, heavily pre-treated patients who had failed, or were intolerant to, any established therapy known to provide clinical benefit. The median age of patients was 53 years and they had a median of 4 prior therapies. Data were reported from Part 1 and Part 2 of the Phase I study as of November 1, 2017. In Part 1 (dose escalation), 71 patients were treated at dose ranges from 3-150 µg/kg every three weeks. In Part 2 (dose expansion), 15 Hodgkin Lymphoma patients were treated at 45 µg/kg every 3 weeks.
Key findings presented at the poster presentation included:
- For the 27 response-evaluable patients with HL in Part 1, treated at doses greater than or equal to 45 µg/kg, the ORR was 77 percent (21/27 patients) with 12 patients achieving a complete response (44 percent) and 9 patients achieving a partial response (33 percent).
- For the 12 response-evaluable patients with HL in Part 1 and Part 2, treated at the 45 µg/kg dose, the ORR was 100 percent (12/12) with 6 patients achieving a complete response (50 percent) and 6 patients achieving a partial response (50 percent).
- For HL patients in Part 1 and Part 2, treated at doses greater than or equal to 45 µg/kg, a complete or partial response was achieved in 21 of 27 patients previously treated with brentuximab vedotin (77 percent), 13 of 18 patients previously treated with a checkpoint inhibitor (72 percent), 9 of 14 patients who had previously undergone a stem cell transplantation (64 percent), and 4 of 8 patients who had previously received all three of these treatments (50 percent).
- ADCT-301 has been reasonably well tolerated.
- The most common treatment-emergent adverse events of any grade occurring in at least 20 percent of patients in Part 1 and Part 2 were fatigue (30 percent), rash (26 percent), elevated gamma-glutamyltransferase (22 percent), and pyrexia (21 percent). The most common Grade 3 or 4 adverse events occurring in at least 5 percent of patients, regardless of attribution, were elevated gamma-glutamyltransferase (13 percent), reduced platelet count (9 percent), elevated alanine aminotransferase (6 percent), anemia (6 percent), and rash (6 percent). There were three heavily pre-treated patients diagnosed with auto-immune neurotoxicity, including two patients who developed Guillain-Barré syndrome.
- These encouraging preliminary safety and efficacy results support further characterization of the dosing regime to optimize the therapeutic window in Hodgkin Lymphoma for a Phase II study.
2. Interim results of a Phase I open label, single agent, dose-escalating study of ADCT-301 evaluating tolerability, safety, pharmacokinetics and efficacy in patients with relapsed or refractory B-cell acute myeloid leukemia or acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Data were presented from 33 evaluable, heavily pre-treated, patients who had failed, or were intolerant to, any established therapy known to provide clinical benefit. The median age of patients was 67 years and they had a median of 3 prior therapies. In Part 1 (dose escalation), 33 patients were treated at dose ranges from 3-92 µg/kg every three weeks, or 30-37.5 µg/kg once weekly.
Key findings presented at the poster presentation included:
- One patient achieved a complete response with incomplete blood count recovery.
- ADCT-301 has shown an acceptable safety profile.
- The most common treatment-emergent adverse events of any grade occurring in at least 20 percent of patients were fatigue (30 percent), nausea (24 percent), febrile neutropenia (21 percent), and pneumonia (21 percent). The most common Grade 3 or 4 adverse events occurring in at least 10 percent of patients, regardless of attribution, were febrile neutropenia (21 percent), thrombocytopenia (15 percent), fatigue (12 percent), reduced neutrophil count (12 percent), and pneumonia (12 percent).
- Dose escalation will continue to investigate weekly dosing.
ADCT-301 is an antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) composed of a monoclonal antibody that binds to CD25 (HuMax®-TAC, licensed from Genmab A/S), conjugated to a pyrrolobenzodiazepine (PBD) dimer toxin. Once bound to a CD25-expresing cell, ADCT-301 is internalized into the cell where enzymes release the PBD-based warhead. CD25 is an attractive target for an ADC approach as it is expressed in a wide range of hematological malignancies, including certain forms of lymphomas and leukemias, while its expression in healthy organs is restricted. ADCT-301 is being evaluated in two ongoing phase Ia/Ib clinical trials in patients with relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), and in patients with relapsed or refractory CD25-positive acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). (www.adct-301.com)
About ADC Therapeutics
ADC Therapeutics SA (ADCT) is an oncology drug development company that specializes in the development of proprietary antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) targeting major types of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. The Company’s ADCs are highly targeted biopharmaceutical drugs that combine monoclonal antibodies specific to surface antigens present on particular tumor cells with a novel class of highly potent pyrrolobenzodiazepine (PBD) based warheads via a chemical linker. The Company has four PBD-based antibody drug conjugates in six ongoing Phase Ia and Ib clinical trials in the USA and in Europe, and a deep pipeline of other preclinical ADCs in development. ADCT enjoys strong relationships with world class partners, including AstraZeneca and its global biologics research and development arm, MedImmune. The Company is based in Lausanne (Biopôle), Switzerland and has operations in London, San Francisco and New Jersey. (www.adctherapeutics.com).
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Loxam Announces a Conditional Agreement to Acquire UK Platforms20.7.2018 14:51 | Pressemelding
Loxam Group (“Loxam”) announces that its wholly-owned subsidiary Nationwide Platforms Limited (“Nationwide”) has entered into a conditional agreement with HSS Hire Group plc (“HSS”) with respect to the acquisition of UK Platforms Limited (“UKP”). UKP specializes in renting powered access equipment from its 12 branches located throughout the United Kingdom. The company has approximately 130 employees and operates a fleet of 3,000 units. UKP is controlled by HSS since 2013. As part of this transaction, Nationwide has entered into a commercial agreement with HSS to provide powered access equipment to complement HSS’ existing fleet. The closing of the transaction is subject to the approval by HSS’ shareholders and the confirmation that it will not be referred to the Competition and Mergers Authority. The transaction is expected to close before year end 2018. Don Kenny, CEO of Loxam’s Powered Access Division states: “I am delighted with the acquisition of UKP which will further reinforce NW
Schlumberger Announces Second-Quarter 2018 Results20.7.2018 11:00 | Pressemelding
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE: SLB) today reported results for the second quarter of 2018. (Stated in millions, except per share amounts) Three Months Ended Change Jun. 30, 2018 Mar. 31, 2018 Jun. 30, 2017 Sequential Year-on-year Revenue $8,303 $7,829 $7,462 6% 11% Pretax operating income $1,094 $974 $950 12% 15% Pretax operating margin 13.2% 12.4% 12.7% 75 bps 45 bps Net income - GAAP basis $430 $525 $(74) -18% n/m Net income, excluding charges & credits* $594 $525 $488 13% 22% Diluted EPS - GAAP basis $0.31 $0.38 $(0.05) -18% n/m Diluted EPS, excluding charges & credits* $0.43 $0.38 $0.35 13% 23% *These are non-GAAP financial measures. See section below entitled "Charges & Credits" for details. n/m = not meaningful Schlumberger Chairman and CEO Paal Kibsgaard commented, “The second quarter was both busy and exciting for Schlumberger as we completed a number of major milestones in preparation for the broad-based global activity upturn that is now emerging. We delivered solid top-line gro
H.I.G. Capital Announces the Sale of KidsFoundation19.7.2018 19:50 | Pressemelding
H.I.G. Capital (“H.I.G.”), a leading global private equity investment firm with more than €21 billion of equity capital under management, announced today that one of its affiliates has entered a definitive agreement to sell the KidsFoundation Group (“KidsFoundation”), the Dutch market leader in childcare services, to Onex Corporation (“Onex”)(TSX:ONEX). Terms were not disclosed. Headquartered in Almere, the Netherlands, KidsFoundation provides high-quality childcare to nearly 30,000 children between the ages of six weeks and 12 years. H.I.G. created KidsFoundation in 2014 through the acquisition of assets from the estate of Estro Group. During H.I.G.’s ownership, the company has developed strongly with significant capital invested by H.I.G. to create a high-quality childcare offering. H.I.G. worked with KidsFoundation management to optimise the footprint of the company by exiting loss-making locations, introduce new IT systems to drive operational improvement and develop an internal M&
SIG Combibloc Group Holdings S.à r.l.: 2018 Second Quarter Results19.7.2018 16:01 | Pressemelding
We are pleased to announce our quarterly conference call to discuss the results of SIG Combibloc Group Holdings S.à r.l. for the second quarter ended June 30, 2018. Date: Monday, July 23, 2018 Time: 15.00 CEST / 14.00 BST / 9.00 EDT The call information will be distributed on our secure site. If you would like access to our call, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Regards, SIG Combibloc Group Holdings S.à r.l. View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180719005634/en/ Contact information SIG Combibloc Group Holdings S.à r.l. Jennifer Gough email@example.com
NEORIS Announces Creation of Innovation Labs Worldwide to Create a Smarter Future19.7.2018 15:32 | Pressemelding
NEORIS, a global digital consulting services company, announced today it is consolidating the most innovative solutions it has developed in different geographies and allocating unprecedented resources to deploy a network of Innovation Labs worldwide. The main objective is to lay the foundation for the continuous development of disruptive solutions for its four core industries: Manufacturing, Financial Services, Healthcare and Telecommunications. Due to its disruptive nature, NEORIS decided that its first Innovation Lab should be housed in the Monterrey Digital Hub, which today is the first-of-its-kind as it is a space where entrepreneurs, companies, universities and investors converge to foster an ecosystem for Digital Transformation. The lab inaugurated in Monterrey, Mexico is the first of a series of Innovation Labs that will open in the different countries that NEORIS operates, and is a space where customers can experience emerging technologies through real-life scenarios. One such
CORRECTING and REPLACING Albar Capital Deploys FlexNOW19.7.2018 15:29 | Pressemelding
Subhead of release should read: Out-of-the-Box Multi-Asset Execution Management System (instead of Easy-to-Install Multi-Asset Execution Management System). The corrected release reads: ALBAR CAPITAL DEPLOYS FLEXNOW Out-of-the-Box Multi-Asset Execution Management System FlexTrade (@FlexTrade) today announced that Albar Capital Ltd., a new hedge fund led by Javier Velazquez (formerly of Millennium Capital Partners LLP), is now trading equities and futures using FlexNOW, FlexTrade’s new execution management system. “The FlexNOW team was instrumental in solving several of our problems,” said Jason Ruder, Trader at Albar Capital. “Not only are they helping us with our compliance requirements, they are also responsive to requests that improve my workflow.” According to Rhyd Lewis, FlexNOW Product Manager, FlexNOW’s quick onboarding and easy installation process was critical for Albar Capital’s launch on 2 July. “We had no problem integrating FlexNOW with Albar’s portfolio and risk managemen