Abeona Therapeutics Reports Fourth Quarter 2017 Financial Results and Business Highlights
Investor Conference Call on Tuesday, March 27th at 10:00 am ET
NEW YORK and CLEVELAND, March 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Abeona Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:ABEO), a leading clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel cell and gene therapies for life-threatening rare genetic diseases, today announced financial results for the fourth quarter. The Company will host a call to update investors on recent clinical developments and year-end financial results on Tuesday, March 27th at 10:00 am (Eastern). Interested parties are invited to participate in the call by dialing 877-407-9210 (toll free domestic) or 201-689-8049 (International).
"The past year was marked by several defining events in the company's history, having advanced our two lead clinical programs, EB-101 in Epidermolysis Bullosa and ABO-102 in MPS IIIA, and initiated our third clinical program, ABO-101 in MPS IIIB. The strong safety and biopotency data observed in our three active clinical trials and the strategic initiative of building an in-house commercial GMP manufacturing facility further strengthens our position in developing gene and cell therapies to treat these devastating and rare pediatric diseases," stated Timothy J. Miller, Ph.D., President and CEO.
4th Quarter and Year-end Summary Financial Results:
- Cash position: Cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities as of December 31, 2017 were $137.8 million, compared to $56.5 million as of September 30, 2017. Net cash used in operating activities in the twelve months ended December 31, 2017 was $22.9 million as compared to $13.0 million in the same period in 2016, an increase of $9.9 million.
- Offering: During the fourth quarter, on October 19, 2017, Abeona closed an underwritten public offering of 5,750,000 shares of common stock, at a public offering price of $16.00 per share. The gross proceeds to the Company were $92 million, before deducting the underwriting discounts and commissions and estimated offering expenses payable by the Company.
- Revenues: Revenues were $215 thousand for the fourth quarter of 2017, compared to $256 thousand in the fourth quarter of 2016. Revenues for twelve months ended December 31, 2017 were $837 thousand, compared to $889 thousand in the same period in 2016. Revenues consisted of a combination of royalties from marketed products, primarily MuGard®, and recognition of deferred revenues related to upfront payments from early license agreements.
- Loss per share: Loss per share was $0.19 for the fourth quarter of 2017, compared to a loss per share of $0.18 in the comparable period in 2016. Loss per share was $0.66 for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017, compared to a loss per share of $0.64 in the same period in 2016.
Abeona Recent Highlights:
- March 15, 2018: Abeona received FDA Rare Pediatric Disease Designation for ABO-202 gene therapy program in CLN1 disease
- February 12, 2018: Received FDA Orphan Drug Designation for ABO-202 program in CLN1 disease
- February 8, 2018: Reported top-line data from Phase 1/2 gene therapy trial in MPS IIIA
- ABO-102 results presented at WORLDSymposium for Lysosomal Diseases showed significant time- and dose-dependent reduction of underlying disease pathology, including decreased CSF and urine GAGs (HS fragments) and diminished liver volumes
- Evidence of cognitive benefit at six months post treatment in Cohort 2 and at one year in Cohort 1
- Company receives FDA allowance to lower enrollment age to six months
- February 7, 2018: Reported on initial safety and biopotency signals in MPS IIIB gene therapy clinical trial
- ABO-101 is well tolerated and demonstrates early biopotency signals with significant disease-specific heparan sulfate (HS) reductions in cerebral spinal fluid, urine, and plasma and greater than 300-fold increase in NAGLU enzyme activity observed in first subject at 30 days post injection
- January 29, 2018: Received FDA Regenerative Medicine Advanced Therapy designation for EB-101 in Epidermolysis Bullosa
- December 20, 2017: Enrolled first patient in ABO-101 Phase 1/2 clinical trial for MPS IIIB
- November 9, 2017: Enrolled first subject in Spain in ongoing Phase 1/2 clinical trial in MPS IIIA
- October 16, 2017: Announced $13.85M grant from leading Sanfilippo syndrome foundations for clinical development of MPS III gene therapies
- October 11, 2017: Enrolled first two patients in the Cohort 3 expansion of the Phase 1/2 clinical trial in MPS IIIA
- October 6, 2017: Announced top-line one year data from ABO-102 MPS IIIA Trial at ARM's Cell & Gene Meeting on the Mesa
- October 4, 2017: Abeona broke ground on GMP commercial manufacturing facility for cell and gene therapies
"2017 was transformative for Abeona, with significant progress made towards our goal of building a strong leadership position in rare disease gene therapy development, and manufacturing technology and capability," stated Steven H. Rouhandeh, Executive Chairman. "The momentum will continue in 2018, with the continued enrollment in the high-dose cohort in our ABO-102 Phase 1/2 clinical trial in Sanfilippo syndrome Type A (MPS IIIA), alongside the clinical and regulatory progress in moving our EB program to a pivotal Phase 3 study and the additional work on our own proprietary AIM(TM) vector platform."
About Abeona: Abeona Therapeutics Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing cell and gene therapies for life-threatening rare genetic diseases. Abeona's lead programs include EB-101 (gene-corrected skin grafts) for recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa (RDEB), ABO-102 (AAV-SGSH), an adeno-associated virus (AAV) based gene therapy for Sanfilippo syndrome type A (MPS IIIA) and ABO-101 (AAV-NAGLU), an adeno-associated virus (AAV) based gene therapy for Sanfilippo syndrome type B (MPS IIIB). Abeona is also developing ABO-201 (AAV-CLN3) gene therapy for CLN3 disease, ABO-202 (AAV-CLN1) for treatment of CLN1 disease, EB-201 for epidermolysis bullosa (EB), ABO-301 (AAV-FANCC) for Fanconi anemia (FA) disorder and ABO-302 using a novel CRISPR/Cas9-based gene editing approach to gene therapy for rare blood diseases. In addition, Abeona is developing a proprietary vector platform, AIM(TM), for next generation product candidates. For more information, visit www.abeonatherapeutics.com.
SVP, Investor Relations & Finance
Abeona Therapeutics Inc.
+1 (646) 813-4707
Berry & Company Public Relations
+1 (212) 253-8881
This press release contains certain statements that are forward-looking within the meaning of Section 27a of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements include, without limitation, statements about our ability to develop our products and technologies; our plans for continued development and internationalization of our clinical programs; that patients will continue to be identified, enrolled, treated and monitored in the EB-101 clinical trial, and that studies will continue to indicate that EB-101 is well-tolerated and may offer significant improvements in wound healing and we plan to initiate a pivotal Phase III trial early next year; we have recently initiated enrollment in our MPS IIIB program; our expectation that we will continue to advance our gene therapy for MPS IIIA patients. Such statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to continued interest in our rare disease portfolio, our ability to enroll patients in clinical trials, the impact of competition, the ability to secure licenses for any technology that may be necessary to commercialize our products, the ability to achieve or obtain necessary regulatory approvals, the impact of changes in the financial markets and global economic conditions; our belief that initial signals of biopotency and clinical activity, which suggest that ABO-102 successfully reached target tissues throughout the body, including the central nervous system and the increased reductions in CNS GAG support our approach for intravenous delivery for subjects with Sanfilippo syndromes, risks associated with data analysis and reporting, and other risks as may be detailed from time to time in the Company's Annual Reports on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and other reports filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company undertakes no obligations to make any revisions to the forward-looking statements contained in this release or to update them to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this release, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Abeona Therapeutics Inc via Globenewswire
Om Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
+1 212 401 8700http://www.nasdaqomx.com
NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents.
Følg saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Nasdaq GlobeNewswire
ERYTECH Announces Enrollment of First Patients in Phase 3 Clinical Trial Evaluating Eryaspase for the Treatment of Second Line Pancreatic Cancer20.9.2018 07:30 | Pressemelding
LYON, France and CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Sept. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ERYTECH Pharma (Euronext Paris: ERYP - Nasdaq: ERYP), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing innovative therapies by encapsulating drug substances inside red blood cells, today announced that the first three patients have been enrolled in its pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial, named ‘TRYbeCA1’, evaluating its lead product candidate eryaspase for the treatment of second line metastatic pancreatic cancer. The TRYbeCa1 (NCT03665441) trial will enroll approximately 500 patients with second line metastatic pancreatic cancer in 120-130 clinical sites in Europe and the US. Patients who meet the eligibility criteria are randomized 1-to-1 to receive eryaspase in combination with standard chemotherapy (gemcitabine/abraxane or irinotecan -based regimen) or chemotherapy alone until disease progression. The primary endpoint is overall survival. An interim analysis is foreseen when approximately two-thirds of events ha
NEP GROUP RECOGNIZED AT THREE AWARDS SHOWS DURING IBC 201819.9.2018 16:17 | Pressemelding
Leading Outsourced Technical Production Partner Takes Home Top Honors at the SVG Europe Sport Production Awards, and was a Finalist for an IABM BaM™ Award 2018 and Two IBC2018 Innovation Awards PITTSBURGH and AMSTERDAM, Sept. 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NEP Group is thrilled to announce today that the company received recognition for their leading innovations, along with their client partners, at this year’s IBC Show. NEP The Netherlands’ Remote Commentary solution won the SVG Europe Sport Production Award for Outstanding Technical Achievement, Audio and was a finalist for an IABM BaM™ Award award for Project, Collaboration or Event. NEP’s Mediabank product was a finalist for an IBC2018 Innovation award for Content Distribution and NEP Finland was a finalist in the Content Everywhere category. “At NEP, one of our core values is client-driven innovation, and we are entirely committed to developing new technology that solves real-world challenges and delivers exceptional results. It’s w
Panini Hires Dan Napoles as Senior Vice President, Global Technical Services19.9.2018 14:36 | Pressemelding
Addition to Panini Executive Leadership Team DAYTON, Ohio, Sept. 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Panini is pleased to announce that effective September 17, 2018, Dan Napoles joined the company as Senior Vice President, Global Technical Services (GTS) and will lead the company’s technical services functions worldwide including services delivery, services program definition & development, GTS commercial results & operational excellence, and GTS strategic direction & growth. Napoles will be instrumental to Panini’s strategy to support continued growth while extending its market leadership position. Mr. Napoles comes to Panini after a highly successful career in services with Avery Dennison, a $6.6 billion global materials science and manufacturing company with operations in more than 50 countries. During his tenure with Avery Dennison, Dan started as a field engineer in Los Angeles CA, servicing printers and radio frequency security systems, including system installation and contract sales r
Flashpoint Global Channel Program Welcomes New Talent to Accelerate Growth in EMEA Region19.9.2018 12:00 | Pressemelding
Appointment of Industry Veteran Reinforces Company’s Commitment to Partnerships, International Expansion NEW YORK, Sept. 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Flashpoint, the global leader in Business Risk Intelligence (BRI), today announced that industry veteran Roy Pickard has joined the company as channel sales manager for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). His appointment as the first EMEA-based member of the Flashpoint Global Channel Program (GCP) team marks the latest international milestone for the company, following its successful expansion in Asia Pacific and Latin America earlier this year. Pickard brings more than two decades of experience forging lasting partnerships and strengthening channel portfolios at esteemed security and technology enterprises including Resolve Systems, Tufin, Carbon Black, FireEye, Safenet Inc., and TrendMicro. At Flashpoint, he will lead recruitment, development, and enablement initiatives for channel partners throughout EMEA. Given the immense size
FOUR IN FIVE EXECUTIVES AGREE AGILITY IS MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTERISTIC OF A SUCCESSFUL ORGANIZATION18.9.2018 16:03 | Pressemelding
New research by Forbes Insights and sponsored by Scrum Alliance brings light to the “elusive” Agile enterprise Denver Colorado, Sept. 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: MEDIA CONTACT: September 18, 2018 Heather Leigh, Public Relations Director 720-443-7314,firstname.lastname@example.org www.scrumalliance.org SEPTEMBER 18, 2018 – DENVER, CO – A new report by Forbes Insights finds 81 percent of respondents agree on the critical importance of agility when it comes to leading a successful organization. The report, “The Elusive Agile Enterprise,” was sponsored by Scrum Alliance, a Scrum certifying body and the largest professional association of Agile practitioners worldwide. In preparing the report, the Forbes Insights team surveyed more than 1,000 C-level executives worldwide, and also conducted one-on-one interviews with leaders of select “champion” organizations, including GEHealthcare, J. Walter Thompson Company, Nokia, Team WIKISPEED, Toyota Connected and Unis
Cloudian Joins iRODS Consortium18.9.2018 15:00 | Pressemelding
HyperStore Enterprise Object Storage Validated with iRODS Platform SAN MATEO, Calif., Sept. 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cloudian today announced the company has joined the iRODS Consortium, the foundation that leads development and support of the integrated Rule-Oriented Data System (iRODS). Testing for HyperStore enterprise object storage with iRODS is complete, and users may now deploy the combined solution where local workflows require cost-effective, exabyte-scalable storage and ease of integration. iRODS is free open source software for data discovery, workflow automation, secure collaboration and data virtualization used by research and business organizations around the globe. Easily deployed in an existing infrastructure, iRODS creates a unified namespace and a metadata catalog of all the data and users within the storage environment. With the iRODS rule engine framework, users can completely automate an organization’s data management policy. “We’re thrilled to be working with
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom