ABB Showcases World-Leading e-Vehicle Fast Chargers and Launches AI Readiness Index at Hannover
ABB spotlighted its world-leading Terra HP family of fast chargers for electric vehicles at Hannover Messe, the biggest global industrial trade fair. By operating at powers of up to 350 kilowatts and adding as much as 300 kilometers of range to an electric vehicle in just 12 minutes, the Terra HP family of chargers have made electric cars more appealing for consumers by enabling them to refresh the batteries in about the same time required for filling up a petrol-powered car. Terra HP chargers are being installed around the world, and they have been selected for use by Electrify America, the biggest electric vehicle infrastructure project to date in the United States.
ABB, whose broad array of digitally driven technologies for electric-power management are used by utilities and businesses worldwide, is also a global leader in industrial automation and robots enabled by artificial intelligence (AI). Demonstrating its commitment to helping the international community address the opportunities and challenges of AI and industrial automation, ABB at Hannover released a ground-breaking report in partnership with The Economist Intelligence Unit: "The Automation Readiness Index: Who Is Ready for the Coming Wave of Innovation?"
The report, while noting the economic and human benefits that industrial automation can unleash, finds that even the best-prepared countries must develop more effective education policies and training programs. Those policies and programs, the report recommends, must ensure that the rapid adoption of automation technologies and AI don’t leave people unprepared for the new, more human-oriented jobs that will be needed as robots and algorithms take on more of the routine tasks that can be and will be automated.
ABB's pioneering technology leadership in this new era of integrated industry also encompasses other innovative solutions that will be on display at Hannover Messe 2018:
- YuMi®, the first truly collaborative dual-armed robot and SafeMove2, the safety solution that enables robots to safely share working spaces with human operators while reducing total investment by 30 percent.
- The EVLunic AC wallbox, available with from 4.6 kW to 22 kW of charging power, serving as a high quality, cost effective e-car charging point for home and business use, in addition to the Terra HP line of public-network charging stations for electric vehicles.
- ABB AbilityTM, the unified, cross-industry digital capability that empowers customers to know more, do more and do better – together. The complete list of 210 solutions is available in the new ABB AbilityTM Solutions Catalog, which is being launched at the event.
- ABB AbilityTM Power Transformer, with smart devices built into every ABB transformer to enable customers to remotely monitor vital parameters in real time for improved reliability and higher utilization of grid assets and power networks.
- STIR, the submersible transformer inspection robot, which makes it possible to internally inspect transformers without draining their oil, making the task safer and less expensive.
- Gas-insulated switchgear (GIS), which is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. With over 30,000 installations worldwide, GIS uses pressurized sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) as its insulating gas instead of air, to enable safer electrical operations in confined spaces.
- ABB Ability™ Connected Services, unlocking a world of possibilities in diagnostics, monitoring, predictive maintenance and asset optimization, for up to 25 percent fewer incidents and 60 percent faster response and issue recovery times.
- ABB Ability™ Digital Powertrain, which ensures efficient operation of powertrain equipment, including drives, motors, bearings and pumps. A suite of monitoring services – including advanced analytics and maintenance planning – enables users to digitally “see” operational variables through an integrated, one-stop portal.
- B&R, the solutions provider for machine and factory automation worldwide. Acquired by ABB in July 2017, B&R is integrated into ABB’s Industrial Automation division as its global Machine & Factory Automation business unit. Featured are B&R's ACOPOStrak, the intelligent, flexible transport system that's setting a new standard for smart-factory motion control in the era of mass customization, and B&R's Orange Box, an advanced analytics solution for brownfield assets, which enables users to access previously unreadable data from digitally isolated machinery.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com
Phone: +41 43 317 71 11
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
IFF to Release First Quarter 2019 Results May 618.4.2019 20:15:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Regulatory News: International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) (TASE: IFF), a leading innovator of scent, taste, and nutrition, announced that it will release its first quarter 2019 earnings results following the market close on Monday, May 6, 2019. The management team will host a live webcast on Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. ET to discuss results and outlook with the investor community. Investors may access the live webcast and accompanying slide presentation on the Company's website at ir.iff.com. For those unable to listen to the live webcast, a recorded version will be made available for replay. Meet IFF International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) (TASE: IFF) is a leading innovator of scent, taste, and nutrition, with 97 manufacturing facilities, 105 R&D centers, and 39,000 customers globally. At the heart of our company, we are fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly asking “what if?”. That passion for exploration dri
Gilead Sciences to Release First Quarter 2019 Financial Results on Thursday, May 2, 201918.4.2019 20:05:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: GILD) announced today that its first quarter 2019 financial results will be released on Thursday, May 2, after the market closes. At 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time, Gilead’s management will host a conference call to discuss the company’s financial results for the first quarter 2019 and provide a business update. The live webcast of the call can be accessed at the company’s Investors page at http://investors.gilead.com/. Please connect to the company’s website at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the call to ensure adequate time for any software download that may be required to listen to the webcast. Alternatively, please call 877-359-9508 (U.S.) or 224-357-2393 (international) and dial the conference ID 5259422 to access the call. Telephone replay will be available approximately two hours after the call through 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, May 4, 2019. To access the replay, please call 855-859-2056 (U.S.) or 404-537-3406 (international) and dial the conference ID
Andersen Global Expands Africa Presence; Signs Collaboration Agreement in Economic Hub of South Africa18.4.2019 13:30:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Andersen Global is excited to announce the addition of its first collaborating firm in South Africa. Tabacks Attorneys and Corporate Law Advisors, headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, has signed a Collaboration Agreement with Andersen Global, an international association of member and collaborating firms. South Africa marks the tenth country in Africa in which Andersen Global has a presence. Led by Chairman David Woodhouse, Tabacks has a team of 27 lawyers who offer legal assistance and commercial advice to a diverse clientele in construction, manufacturing, energy, mining, explosives, retail, hospitality, logistics, pharmaceutical, property and banking industries. The firm is considered a leading law firm in South Africa, and its practice areas include competition law, commercial law, mining, employment law, environmental health & safety law, tax and litigation. “The global economy is rapidly changing, which brings unique challenges to corporate and commercial law,” said David
Amazon and Google Announce Official YouTube Apps to Launch on Fire TV; Prime Video App Coming to Chromecast and Android TV18.4.2019 13:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Today, Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL) announced that in the coming months, the two companies will launch the official YouTube app on Amazon Fire TV devices and Fire TV Edition smart TVs, as well as the Prime Video app for streaming to Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices. In addition, Prime Video will be broadly available across Android TV device partners, and the YouTube TV and YouTube Kids apps will also come to Fire TV later this year. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190418005212/en/ “We are excited to work with Amazon to launch the official YouTube apps on Fire TV devices worldwide,” said Heather Rivera, Global Head of Product Partnerships at YouTube. “Bringing our flagship YouTube experience to Amazon Fire TV gives our users even more ways to watch the videos and creators they love.” “We’re excited to bring the Prime Video app to Chromecast and Android TV devices, and to give our c
KCI Files Registration Statement for Proposed Initial Public Offering18.4.2019 13:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Acelity announced today that its affiliate, KCI Holdings, Inc. (“KCI”), filed a registration statement on Form S-1 with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), relating to a proposed initial public offering of KCI’s common stock. Prior to the effectiveness of the registration statement, there will be a restructuring as a result of which KCI will become the holding company of the businesses currently conducted by Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries. The number of shares to be offered and the price range for the proposed offering have not yet been determined. J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC and BofA Merrill Lynch are acting as joint book-running managers for the proposed offering. The offering will be made only by means of a prospectus. When available, a copy of the preliminary prospectus related to the offering may be obtained from: J.P. Morgan, Attention: Prospectus Department c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Avenue, Edgewood, NY 11717, via tele
Strasbourg Approves the Covered Bond Legislative Package: a Milestone for the Future of the Industry and the Capital Markets Union18.4.2019 12:06:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Following the trilogue negotiations with the Council and the European Commission on the proposal for a Covered Bond Legislative Package, the European Parliament’s Plenary adopted today in Strasbourg the text which had been approved by the Council (Coreper) on 20 March and then by the European Parliament’s Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON) Committee on 1 April 2019. In this context, the European Mortgage Federation - European Covered Bond Council (EMF-ECBC ) welcomes the adoption of the Covered Bond Legislative Package, which aims at completing the Capital Markets Union (CMU) in Europe. The Package provides a basis for enhanced harmonisation of the European covered bond market, in line with the objectives of the CMU, reinforcing a European common qualitative benchmark for international investors and respecting well-functioning traditional markets. It moreover paves the way for the smooth introduction of this asset class in newer and emerging covered bond markets in the Union, such as