ABB Showcases World-Leading e-Vehicle Fast Chargers and Launches AI Readiness Index at Hannover
ABB spotlighted its world-leading Terra HP family of fast chargers for electric vehicles at Hannover Messe, the biggest global industrial trade fair. By operating at powers of up to 350 kilowatts and adding as much as 300 kilometers of range to an electric vehicle in just 12 minutes, the Terra HP family of chargers have made electric cars more appealing for consumers by enabling them to refresh the batteries in about the same time required for filling up a petrol-powered car. Terra HP chargers are being installed around the world, and they have been selected for use by Electrify America, the biggest electric vehicle infrastructure project to date in the United States.
ABB, whose broad array of digitally driven technologies for electric-power management are used by utilities and businesses worldwide, is also a global leader in industrial automation and robots enabled by artificial intelligence (AI). Demonstrating its commitment to helping the international community address the opportunities and challenges of AI and industrial automation, ABB at Hannover released a ground-breaking report in partnership with The Economist Intelligence Unit: "The Automation Readiness Index: Who Is Ready for the Coming Wave of Innovation?"
The report, while noting the economic and human benefits that industrial automation can unleash, finds that even the best-prepared countries must develop more effective education policies and training programs. Those policies and programs, the report recommends, must ensure that the rapid adoption of automation technologies and AI don’t leave people unprepared for the new, more human-oriented jobs that will be needed as robots and algorithms take on more of the routine tasks that can be and will be automated.
ABB's pioneering technology leadership in this new era of integrated industry also encompasses other innovative solutions that will be on display at Hannover Messe 2018:
- YuMi®, the first truly collaborative dual-armed robot and SafeMove2, the safety solution that enables robots to safely share working spaces with human operators while reducing total investment by 30 percent.
- The EVLunic AC wallbox, available with from 4.6 kW to 22 kW of charging power, serving as a high quality, cost effective e-car charging point for home and business use, in addition to the Terra HP line of public-network charging stations for electric vehicles.
- ABB AbilityTM, the unified, cross-industry digital capability that empowers customers to know more, do more and do better – together. The complete list of 210 solutions is available in the new ABB AbilityTM Solutions Catalog, which is being launched at the event.
- ABB AbilityTM Power Transformer, with smart devices built into every ABB transformer to enable customers to remotely monitor vital parameters in real time for improved reliability and higher utilization of grid assets and power networks.
- STIR, the submersible transformer inspection robot, which makes it possible to internally inspect transformers without draining their oil, making the task safer and less expensive.
- Gas-insulated switchgear (GIS), which is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. With over 30,000 installations worldwide, GIS uses pressurized sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) as its insulating gas instead of air, to enable safer electrical operations in confined spaces.
- ABB Ability™ Connected Services, unlocking a world of possibilities in diagnostics, monitoring, predictive maintenance and asset optimization, for up to 25 percent fewer incidents and 60 percent faster response and issue recovery times.
- ABB Ability™ Digital Powertrain, which ensures efficient operation of powertrain equipment, including drives, motors, bearings and pumps. A suite of monitoring services – including advanced analytics and maintenance planning – enables users to digitally “see” operational variables through an integrated, one-stop portal.
- B&R, the solutions provider for machine and factory automation worldwide. Acquired by ABB in July 2017, B&R is integrated into ABB’s Industrial Automation division as its global Machine & Factory Automation business unit. Featured are B&R's ACOPOStrak, the intelligent, flexible transport system that's setting a new standard for smart-factory motion control in the era of mass customization, and B&R's Orange Box, an advanced analytics solution for brownfield assets, which enables users to access previously unreadable data from digitally isolated machinery.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com
Phone: +41 43 317 71 11
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
IFF Strengthens Innovation Platform as Partner in Amkiri’s Visual Fragrance™ Technology24.5.2018 20:15 | Pressemelding
Regulatory News: International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE: IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF), a leading innovator of sensory experiences that move the world, announced its partnership in Amkiri’s Visual Fragrance Technology -- a new ‘ink’ that can be drawn on the skin that also delivers a long-lasting fragrance, thus connecting the senses of sight and smell. The innovative product’s launch was announced on March 22, 2018 by Amkiri, an Israeli-based start-up that was founded in 2014. “This is a significant innovation in the fragrance category, merging strong and deeply personal visuals with the resonance and emotion of fragrance,” said IFF Chairman and CEO Andreas Fibig. “The Visual Fragrance technology creates a new platform from which IFF can showcase our capabilities, including naturals, molecules, and cosmetic actives. The potential for innovative applications are nearly endless and our teams are truly inspired by the possibilities.” Amkiri’s patented Visual Fragrance is applied to th
Hisense's Zhou Houjian and Huawei's Kevin Ho to Keynote CES Asia; Focus on Mobility, 5G and Connectivity24.5.2018 15:00 | Pressemelding
The Consumer Technology AssociationTM (CTA) today announced that Hisense Chairman Zhou Houjian and Huawei’s president of Handset Product Line Kevin Ho will deliver separate keynote addresses at the upcoming CES AsiaTM 2018. As CES Asia drives the expansion of technology into new areas like artificial intelligence, vehicle technology, AR, VR and more, Chairman Zhou and Mr. Ho will discuss the future of innovation at their respective companies through connectivity and mobility during Asia’s premier tech event. “Hisense and Huawei have become major global brands by challenging the status quo and creating innovative product solutions that engage, entertain and connect consumers around the world,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CTA. “We are thrilled to welcome Chairman Zhou and Mr. Ho to the CES Asia keynote stage and are eager to learn from these experts who are leading the charge to harness the potential of 5G through various implementation strategies and connection opportunities.”
Maximum Cryptocurrencies Available for EU Traders in Libertex24.5.2018 14:29 | Pressemelding
Libertex trading platform, operated by Indication Investments Ltd, announces that starting from May 23rd 2018, European traders can perform operations with 34 new cryptocurrency CFD instruments. This means that Libertex became one of the leading applications and trading platforms for EU traders in terms of amount of cryptocurrencies available. Andrew Nikolaev, Libertex Executive director highlighted: “Cryptocurrencies are one of the main trends in financial industry for the past couple of years. The demand for these assets grows significantly. We are happy to satisfy the demand of European traders for new innovative crypto-instruments launching them in our cutting edge Libertex platform”. Launch of cryptocurrency pairs in Libertex for EU traders follows Circular from Cyprus financial regulator - CySec issued on May 15th 2018, that introduces new rules for governing derivatives on virtual currencies. According to this Circular, CFDs on virtual currencies are considered as financial inst
Andersen Global’s Middle East Expansion Continues with Solutions Bridge in Kuwait24.5.2018 13:30 | Pressemelding
Solutions Bridge, an Accounting and Corporate Secretarial Services firm in Kuwait City, has signed a Collaboration Agreement with Andersen Global. The addition of a location in Kuwait demonstrates Andersen Global’s growth in the Middle East, which is a significant market for the organization. “Having a strong practice in Kuwait is important to our regional success and this is an extraordinary opportunity to continue providing best-in-class services globally,” commented Mark Vorsatz, Global Chairman and Andersen Tax LLC CEO. “There are many changes in the Middle East currently and the development of tax laws is a major factor in the region. The addition of Solutions Bridge, one of the largest accounting firms in Kuwait, positions us for continued opportunities for expansion.” Formed by former professionals of Andersen in Kuwait, Solutions Bridge is led by Partner Fouad Al Hourani. The firm provides accounting and corporate secretarial services for both individuals and corporations in a
Workiva Signs OEM Agreement with SAP to Offer SAP® Cloud Platform Integration with the Workiva Wdesk Platform24.5.2018 13:00 | Pressemelding
Workiva (NYSE:WK), a leader in cloud-based data collaboration, reporting and compliance solutions, today announced it has signed an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) agreement with SAP (NYSE:SAP). Through this agreement, Workiva is partnering with SAP to provide a first-party integration with the Wdesk platform using the SAP® Cloud Platform Integration service. The bundled solutions are expected to provide customers with powerful linking, auditability and control features. “Today’s announcement demonstrates that Workiva and SAP are committed to providing customers with a rich integration experience,” said Matt Rizai, chairman and CEO of Workiva. “Through our OEM partnership, we will help customers all over the world improve the value of their business data.” After users integrate their SAP business data directly into the Wdesk platform, they can benefit from the full capabilities of Wdesk, including synchronized data, dynamic commentary, controlled collaboration, granular permissio
M-Brain Appoints New CEO24.5.2018 12:25 | Pressemelding
M-Brain, a global leader in market and media intelligence solutions, has appointed Christian Cedercreutz Chief Executive Officer as of 13.8.2018. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180524005676/en/ M-Brain, a global leader in market and media intelligence solutions, has appointed Christian Cedercreutz Chief Executive Officer as of 13.8.2018. (Photo: Business Wire) Christian holds a Master of Economics degree from Hanken School of Economics in Helsinki. His career has been built with IBM over the past 20 years, in which he has held various management positions in five different European countries. Christian brings strong consultative selling experience and has over the years worked across the IBM Corporation in roles such as leading global client relationships, and leading SW and HW technology businesses in Finland. His most recent role has been to lead the cognitive SW solutions (Watson) business in Finland. Simu