ABB Showcases World-Leading e-Vehicle Fast Chargers and Launches AI Readiness Index at Hannover
ABB spotlighted its world-leading Terra HP family of fast chargers for electric vehicles at Hannover Messe, the biggest global industrial trade fair. By operating at powers of up to 350 kilowatts and adding as much as 300 kilometers of range to an electric vehicle in just 12 minutes, the Terra HP family of chargers have made electric cars more appealing for consumers by enabling them to refresh the batteries in about the same time required for filling up a petrol-powered car. Terra HP chargers are being installed around the world, and they have been selected for use by Electrify America, the biggest electric vehicle infrastructure project to date in the United States.
ABB, whose broad array of digitally driven technologies for electric-power management are used by utilities and businesses worldwide, is also a global leader in industrial automation and robots enabled by artificial intelligence (AI). Demonstrating its commitment to helping the international community address the opportunities and challenges of AI and industrial automation, ABB at Hannover released a ground-breaking report in partnership with The Economist Intelligence Unit: "The Automation Readiness Index: Who Is Ready for the Coming Wave of Innovation?"
The report, while noting the economic and human benefits that industrial automation can unleash, finds that even the best-prepared countries must develop more effective education policies and training programs. Those policies and programs, the report recommends, must ensure that the rapid adoption of automation technologies and AI don’t leave people unprepared for the new, more human-oriented jobs that will be needed as robots and algorithms take on more of the routine tasks that can be and will be automated.
ABB's pioneering technology leadership in this new era of integrated industry also encompasses other innovative solutions that will be on display at Hannover Messe 2018:
- YuMi®, the first truly collaborative dual-armed robot and SafeMove2, the safety solution that enables robots to safely share working spaces with human operators while reducing total investment by 30 percent.
- The EVLunic AC wallbox, available with from 4.6 kW to 22 kW of charging power, serving as a high quality, cost effective e-car charging point for home and business use, in addition to the Terra HP line of public-network charging stations for electric vehicles.
- ABB AbilityTM, the unified, cross-industry digital capability that empowers customers to know more, do more and do better – together. The complete list of 210 solutions is available in the new ABB AbilityTM Solutions Catalog, which is being launched at the event.
- ABB AbilityTM Power Transformer, with smart devices built into every ABB transformer to enable customers to remotely monitor vital parameters in real time for improved reliability and higher utilization of grid assets and power networks.
- STIR, the submersible transformer inspection robot, which makes it possible to internally inspect transformers without draining their oil, making the task safer and less expensive.
- Gas-insulated switchgear (GIS), which is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. With over 30,000 installations worldwide, GIS uses pressurized sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) as its insulating gas instead of air, to enable safer electrical operations in confined spaces.
- ABB Ability™ Connected Services, unlocking a world of possibilities in diagnostics, monitoring, predictive maintenance and asset optimization, for up to 25 percent fewer incidents and 60 percent faster response and issue recovery times.
- ABB Ability™ Digital Powertrain, which ensures efficient operation of powertrain equipment, including drives, motors, bearings and pumps. A suite of monitoring services – including advanced analytics and maintenance planning – enables users to digitally “see” operational variables through an integrated, one-stop portal.
- B&R, the solutions provider for machine and factory automation worldwide. Acquired by ABB in July 2017, B&R is integrated into ABB’s Industrial Automation division as its global Machine & Factory Automation business unit. Featured are B&R's ACOPOStrak, the intelligent, flexible transport system that's setting a new standard for smart-factory motion control in the era of mass customization, and B&R's Orange Box, an advanced analytics solution for brownfield assets, which enables users to access previously unreadable data from digitally isolated machinery.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com
Phone: +41 43 317 71 11
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
VIB 9–month profit before tax rises 176% YoY to VND 1,720 billion, Retail revenue increases 92% YoY23.10.2018 07:48 | Pressemelding
Vietnam International Bank (UPCoM: VIB) announced its financial statements of the first 9 months 2018 with positive results. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181023005507/en/ A clerk at VIB (Photo: Business Wire) Profit before tax grows 176% VIB reported profit before tax of VND 1,720 billion, up 176% year-on-year (YoY), equal to 86% of its full year target. The revenue increased by 48% YoY, in which interest income and non-interest income up 50% and 37% respectively; the latter accounted for 16% of total revenue and continued upward trend. The cost-to-income ratio (CIR) significantly dropped from 57% in 2017 to 48%. Provision expense in 9 months was lower than YoY in the context that VIB no longer has bad debts in VAMC. The return on equity ratio (ROE) reached 19.4%. The total asset of the bank reached over VND 132,500 billion, up 8% year-to-date; lending and deposits reached VND 95,200 billion and VND 89,200
Introducing The Continental Edge: The Easternmost Direct Interconnectivity Point Between Europe and the United States23.10.2018 07:00 | Pressemelding
Introducing the Continental Edge, the easternmost direct interconnection point between Europe and the United States. Four companies, focused on four key areas of services, have partnered to offer the first holistic solution that delivers best-of-breed colocation, connectivity, internet, and subsea cable solutions. The partnership is an amalgamation of companies brought to market collectivity by 1025Connect (for colocation); Aqua Comms (transatlantic subsea connectivity); DE-CIX (the leading Internet Peering Exchange), and Epsilon (a global network service provider providing on-demand SDN connectivity solutions). This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181023005054/en/ The Continental Edge Map (Graphic: Business Wire) 1025Connect’s data center and colocation facilities serves as the central point where Aqua Comms' AEC-1 cable lands and Epsilon and DE-CIX platforms are available. Any customer connected to Epsilon’s lead
DataCo and SES Networks to Provide Broadband Network for APEC 201823.10.2018 06:50 | Pressemelding
Ahead of the 26th Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum taking place in Papua New Guinea, the PNG Government through its implementing agency, DataCo with the assistance of the Australian Government have chosen SES Networks to provide a managed data service delivering 6Gbps of high-bandwidth, low-latency connectivity to ensure the venues and all delegates have reliable, high-speed internet access during the conference from October to December 2018. SES announced that the service will utilise capacity from its O3b Medium Earth Orbit (MEO) satellite fleet to supplement existing capacity into Papua New Guinea (PNG) and will utilise existing DataCo infrastructure. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181022006021/en/ DataCo and SES Networks to Provide Broadband Network for APEC 2018 (Photo: Business Wire) To provide additional connectivity to the nation, SES Networks has created a new core network for DataCo, f
MC2 Therapeutics Announces Topline Results Showing a Favorable Safety Profile and Reduction in Corneal Staining for MC2-03 in Dry Eye Patients with Moderate to Severe Keratitis23.10.2018 06:30 | Pressemelding
MC2 Therapeutics A/S, a clinical-stage dermatology and eye care company, today announced topline results from the MC2-03-C1 Northern Lights Phase 2 trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of MC2-03 (PADciclo™) in moderate-to-severe dry eye (DED) patients. MC2-03 is an eye drop containing ciclosporin (CsA) formulated using MC2 Therapeutics’ proprietary PAD™ Technology to enable improved penetration into ocular tissues without the use of excipients that can cause ocular safety concerns. Topline results will be presented at the Ophthalmology Innovation Summit (OIS) in Chicago on October 25th, 2018. In this randomized, double-masked, parallel arms, controlled six-month trial enrolling 263 adult patients, two active treatment arms (MC2-03 0.06% CsA and MC2-03 0.03% CsA) were compared to two control arms (MC2-03 vehicle and lubricant) as an add-on therapy to a standard-of-care lubricant. The trial was powered to evaluate safety and efficacy of the individual treatment arms, and to potential
Secure Networks are Key to IoT Revolution, Says NTT Communications23.10.2018 06:00 | Pressemelding
While the Internet of Things (IoT) has the potential to drive the next wave of online innovation, it needs to be grounded on secure networks that prevent cyber criminals from hacking into the myriad of IoT-enabled devices that they are increasingly connecting. This is just one of the top line industry assessments provided today by NTT Communications Corp. (NTT Com), a company that owns and operates one of the world’s largest IP backbones and is the data and global IP service arm of Fortune 500 telecom leader NTT. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181022005985/en/ Michael Wheeler, executive vice president of NTT Communications Global IP Network at NTT America (Photo: Business Wire) IoT Has Massive Potential to Innovate, But First Needs to Be Secure “The Internet of Things revolution has tremendous potential to enhance and improve daily life by enabling our devices to connect and communicate with our other devices
NTT Communications Rated First for Growth in Customer Loyalty23.10.2018 06:00 | Pressemelding
NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com), the information and communications technology (ICT) solutions business within the NTT Group (TOKYO: 9432) announced today that it earned the ‘valued partner’ accolade in 5 out of 12 categories according to the second edition of Digital Zenith Benchmark, a report recently published by Ocean82 that measures customer-centric evolution. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181022005018/en/ Ocean82 Crystal Ball DIZEME (Graphic: Business Wire) A total of 866 people, who work for large and multi-national enterprises, were interviewed about their experiences with global service providers, generating about 1,000 evaluations and 6,000 points of data, over the last 12 months. The data was analyzed using an algorithm to calculate a cooperation coefficient, which is denoted by DZ and named DIZEME. The report can be viewed here. The ‘valued partner’ benchmark represents the point at whic