4finance Reports Results for the Six Months Ending 30 June 2016
4finance Holding S.A. (the ‘Group’), Europe’s largest online and mobile consumer lending group, today announces unaudited consolidated results for the six months ending 30 June 2016 (the ‘Period’).
- Revenue up 25% to EUR 182.8 million in the Period compared with EUR 146.1 million in the prior year period.
- Adjusted EBITDA was EUR 62.2 million for the Period, up 15%, leading to an adjusted interest coverage ratio of 4.0x.
- The Group’s profit from continuing operations for the six months to 30 June 2016 was EUR 32.1 million, an increase of 8% from EUR 29.8 million in 2015.
- Average net loan portfolio for the Period, excluding acquisitions, of EUR 305.9 million, up 17% from a year ago.
- Cost to revenue ratio for the Period was 46%, vs. 39% for the six months to 30 June 2015, reflecting a 50% increase in staff numbers and investment across the platform for future growth and geographic / product diversification.
- Financial strength remains solid, with a capital-to-assets ratio of 34% as of 30 June 2016 (37% as of 30 June 2015).
- Credit discipline maintained, with non-performing loans to loan issuance ratio of 9.5% as of 30 June 2016 within expected range given growth of higher return markets with higher non-performing loan ratios.
- The number of registered customers, pre acquisitions, reached 5.3 million as of 30 June 2016, up 32% from a year ago.
- EUR 100 million bond with 5 year maturity issued in May and now listed on the regulated market segment in Frankfurt.
- Continued progress in Instalment Loan rollout with Spain launched in May and Romania in August.
- Strong business performance in Poland and Latvia following implementation of regulatory changes in first quarter.
- Corporate governance enhancements, with roles of Chairman and CEO separated in May and new Supervisory Board established at 4finance Group S.A. level in July.
- Successful completion of TBI Bank acquisition in August following receipt of all regulatory approvals.
- Acquisition of 80% of Friendly Finance, a profitable online consumer lender in five European countries, at end of June to diversify brand portfolio and consolidate market position.
George Georgakopoulos, CEO of 4finance, commented:
"These results for the first half of the year, with revenue up 25% and net profit of EUR 32.1 million, demonstrate steady progress for 4finance in line with our plans. Our diversified business continues to grow at the same time as investing for the future and adapting to market changes.
"We are pleased to have closed two acquisitions that both contribute towards building a long-term sustainable business. TBI Bank is a significant strategic addition to the Group and enhances our overall financial profile. The integration process will be gradual, but the bank gives us immediate scale in Bulgaria and Romania and we can deploy our cutting edge technology to enhance their customer experience and value proposition.
"The Friendly Finance acquisition adds strong brands to our portfolio and their database of over one million registered customers adds to our valuable proprietary data assets. It reinforces our position in core markets such as Poland, Czech Republic and Spain - and as the clear European market leader.
"We see a substantial growth opportunity in coming years as we diversify our portfolio of responsible lending products in Europe and develop in Latin America. The carefully planned investments we are making this year will allow 4finance to capture this opportunity fully."
Key Financial Ratios
|Net loan portfolio (in millions of EUR)(1)||322.7||283.3||308.3||241.4|
|Capital/net loan portfolio(3)||63%||51%||56%||47%|
|Adjusted interest coverage(4)||4.0x||4.1x||4.2x||3.7x|
|Profit before tax margin(5)||21%||26%||23%||27%|
|Return on average equity(6)||34%||37%||41%||54%|
|Net impairment to revenue ratio(8)||26%||26%||25%||25%|
|Non-performing loans to loan issuance ratio(9)||9.5%||8.9%||9.0%||8.8%|
(1) Gross loan portfolio less provisions for bad debts.
(2) Total equity/total assets (2014 assets adjusted for effect of bond defeasance).
(3) Total equity/net loan portfolio.
(4) Adjusted EBITDA/interest expense.
(5) Profit before tax/interest income.
(6) Profit from continuing operations/average equity (total equity as of the start and end of each period divided by two).
(7) General administrative expenses/interest income.
(8) Net impairment losses on loans and receivables/interest income.
(9) Non-performing loans with a delay of over 90 days/value of loans issued. The value of loans issued represents loans issued for the two-year period before commencement of the 90 day past-due period, eg for 30 June 2016: 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2016.
|HQ Address:||Lielirbes iela 17a-8, Riga, LV-1046, Latvia|
A conference call with management to discuss these results is scheduled for Wednesday, August 31 at 15:00 UK time. To register, please visit www.4finance.com/investors.
Established in 2008, 4finance is the largest and fastest growing online and mobile consumer lending group in Europe with operations in 15 countries. Putting innovative data-driven analysis into all aspects of the business, 4finance has grown rapidly, issuing over EUR 3 billion in single payment and instalment loans to date.
4finance operates through a portfolio of market leading brands with strong regional presence including Vivus, SMSCredit and Zaplo. A responsible lender, offering simple, convenient and transparent products and service, 4finance is meeting growing customer demand from those under-served by conventional lending.
4finance has group offices in Riga (Latvia), London (UK) and Miami (USA), and currently operates in Argentina, Armenia, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Poland, Romania, Spain, Slovakia and Sweden. To support its international expansion, 4finance continues to pursue a twin-track strategy of strong organic growth bolstered by targeted acquisition.
Forward looking statements
Certain statements in this document are “forward-looking statements”. These statements are based on management’s current expectations and are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. Actual results may differ materially from those included in these statements.
James Etherington, +44 (0)7766 697 950
Om Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
AURAK Enters into a Memorandum of Understanding with Al-Farabi Kazakh National University22.7.2018 09:52 | Pressemelding
The American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) President, Professor Hassan Hamdan Al Alkim, and the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (KazNU) Rector, Professor Galimkair Mutanov, of the Republic of Kazakhstan, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), agreeing to exchange students, faculty, and research. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180722005025/en/ The Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (KazNU) Rector, Professor Galimkair Mutanov, of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) President, Professor Hassan Hamdan Al Alkim, exchange a gift to commemorate their universities uniting in an MoU agreement. (Photo: AETOSWire) In the spirit of fostering a close international relationship between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the United Arab Emirates, developing bilateral relations in educational and scientific fields, and wishing to make their own contributions to the
Philip Morris International Announces Non-Executive Board Chairman Louis Camilleri to Assume CEO Role at Ferrari S.p.A.21.7.2018 18:19 | Pressemelding
The board of directors of Philip Morris International (NYSE:PM) has its board member, Sergio Marchionne, and his family in our thoughts and prayers during this challenging time. We congratulate our board chairman, Louis Camilleri, as he assumes the role of CEO of Ferrari S.p.A. The long term relationship between our two companies is deep and meaningful and we look forward to continued business collaboration. Mr. Camilleri will continue to serve as non-executive chairman of the PMI board. Philip Morris International: Who We Are We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We’re building our future on smoke-free products. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirem
Loxam Announces a Conditional Agreement to Acquire UK Platforms20.7.2018 14:51 | Pressemelding
Loxam Group (“Loxam”) announces that its wholly-owned subsidiary Nationwide Platforms Limited (“Nationwide”) has entered into a conditional agreement with HSS Hire Group plc (“HSS”) with respect to the acquisition of UK Platforms Limited (“UKP”). UKP specializes in renting powered access equipment from its 12 branches located throughout the United Kingdom. The company has approximately 130 employees and operates a fleet of 3,000 units. UKP is controlled by HSS since 2013. As part of this transaction, Nationwide has entered into a commercial agreement with HSS to provide powered access equipment to complement HSS’ existing fleet. The closing of the transaction is subject to the approval by HSS’ shareholders and the confirmation that it will not be referred to the Competition and Mergers Authority. The transaction is expected to close before year end 2018. Don Kenny, CEO of Loxam’s Powered Access Division states: “I am delighted with the acquisition of UKP which will further reinforce NW
Schlumberger Announces Second-Quarter 2018 Results20.7.2018 11:00 | Pressemelding
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE: SLB) today reported results for the second quarter of 2018. (Stated in millions, except per share amounts) Three Months Ended Change Jun. 30, 2018 Mar. 31, 2018 Jun. 30, 2017 Sequential Year-on-year Revenue $8,303 $7,829 $7,462 6% 11% Pretax operating income $1,094 $974 $950 12% 15% Pretax operating margin 13.2% 12.4% 12.7% 75 bps 45 bps Net income - GAAP basis $430 $525 $(74) -18% n/m Net income, excluding charges & credits* $594 $525 $488 13% 22% Diluted EPS - GAAP basis $0.31 $0.38 $(0.05) -18% n/m Diluted EPS, excluding charges & credits* $0.43 $0.38 $0.35 13% 23% *These are non-GAAP financial measures. See section below entitled "Charges & Credits" for details. n/m = not meaningful Schlumberger Chairman and CEO Paal Kibsgaard commented, “The second quarter was both busy and exciting for Schlumberger as we completed a number of major milestones in preparation for the broad-based global activity upturn that is now emerging. We delivered solid top-line gro
H.I.G. Capital Announces the Sale of KidsFoundation19.7.2018 19:50 | Pressemelding
H.I.G. Capital (“H.I.G.”), a leading global private equity investment firm with more than €21 billion of equity capital under management, announced today that one of its affiliates has entered a definitive agreement to sell the KidsFoundation Group (“KidsFoundation”), the Dutch market leader in childcare services, to Onex Corporation (“Onex”)(TSX:ONEX). Terms were not disclosed. Headquartered in Almere, the Netherlands, KidsFoundation provides high-quality childcare to nearly 30,000 children between the ages of six weeks and 12 years. H.I.G. created KidsFoundation in 2014 through the acquisition of assets from the estate of Estro Group. During H.I.G.’s ownership, the company has developed strongly with significant capital invested by H.I.G. to create a high-quality childcare offering. H.I.G. worked with KidsFoundation management to optimise the footprint of the company by exiting loss-making locations, introduce new IT systems to drive operational improvement and develop an internal M&
SIG Combibloc Group Holdings S.à r.l.: 2018 Second Quarter Results19.7.2018 16:01 | Pressemelding
We are pleased to announce our quarterly conference call to discuss the results of SIG Combibloc Group Holdings S.à r.l. for the second quarter ended June 30, 2018. Date: Monday, July 23, 2018 Time: 15.00 CEST / 14.00 BST / 9.00 EDT The call information will be distributed on our secure site. If you would like access to our call, please contact email@example.com . Regards, SIG Combibloc Group Holdings S.à r.l. View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180719005634/en/ Contact information SIG Combibloc Group Holdings S.à r.l. Jennifer Gough firstname.lastname@example.org