4finance Reports Results for the Six Months Ending 30 June 2016
26.8.2016 14:57 | Business Wire
4finance Holding S.A. (the ‘Group’), Europe’s largest online and mobile consumer lending group, today announces unaudited consolidated results for the six months ending 30 June 2016 (the ‘Period’).
- Revenue up 25% to EUR 182.8 million in the Period compared with EUR 146.1 million in the prior year period.
- Adjusted EBITDA was EUR 62.2 million for the Period, up 15%, leading to an adjusted interest coverage ratio of 4.0x.
- The Group’s profit from continuing operations for the six months to 30 June 2016 was EUR 32.1 million, an increase of 8% from EUR 29.8 million in 2015.
- Average net loan portfolio for the Period, excluding acquisitions, of EUR 305.9 million, up 17% from a year ago.
- Cost to revenue ratio for the Period was 46%, vs. 39% for the six months to 30 June 2015, reflecting a 50% increase in staff numbers and investment across the platform for future growth and geographic / product diversification.
- Financial strength remains solid, with a capital-to-assets ratio of 34% as of 30 June 2016 (37% as of 30 June 2015).
- Credit discipline maintained, with non-performing loans to loan issuance ratio of 9.5% as of 30 June 2016 within expected range given growth of higher return markets with higher non-performing loan ratios.
- The number of registered customers, pre acquisitions, reached 5.3 million as of 30 June 2016, up 32% from a year ago.
- EUR 100 million bond with 5 year maturity issued in May and now listed on the regulated market segment in Frankfurt.
- Continued progress in Instalment Loan rollout with Spain launched in May and Romania in August.
- Strong business performance in Poland and Latvia following implementation of regulatory changes in first quarter.
- Corporate governance enhancements, with roles of Chairman and CEO separated in May and new Supervisory Board established at 4finance Group S.A. level in July.
- Successful completion of TBI Bank acquisition in August following receipt of all regulatory approvals.
- Acquisition of 80% of Friendly Finance, a profitable online consumer lender in five European countries, at end of June to diversify brand portfolio and consolidate market position.
George Georgakopoulos, CEO of 4finance, commented:
"These results for the first half of the year, with revenue up 25% and net profit of EUR 32.1 million, demonstrate steady progress for 4finance in line with our plans. Our diversified business continues to grow at the same time as investing for the future and adapting to market changes.
"We are pleased to have closed two acquisitions that both contribute towards building a long-term sustainable business. TBI Bank is a significant strategic addition to the Group and enhances our overall financial profile. The integration process will be gradual, but the bank gives us immediate scale in Bulgaria and Romania and we can deploy our cutting edge technology to enhance their customer experience and value proposition.
"The Friendly Finance acquisition adds strong brands to our portfolio and their database of over one million registered customers adds to our valuable proprietary data assets. It reinforces our position in core markets such as Poland, Czech Republic and Spain - and as the clear European market leader.
"We see a substantial growth opportunity in coming years as we diversify our portfolio of responsible lending products in Europe and develop in Latin America. The carefully planned investments we are making this year will allow 4finance to capture this opportunity fully."
Key Financial Ratios
|Net loan portfolio (in millions of EUR)(1)||322.7||283.3||308.3||241.4|
|Capital/net loan portfolio(3)||63%||51%||56%||47%|
|Adjusted interest coverage(4)||4.0x||4.1x||4.2x||3.7x|
|Profit before tax margin(5)||21%||26%||23%||27%|
|Return on average equity(6)||34%||37%||41%||54%|
|Net impairment to revenue ratio(8)||26%||26%||25%||25%|
|Non-performing loans to loan issuance ratio(9)||9.5%||8.9%||9.0%||8.8%|
(1) Gross loan portfolio less provisions for bad debts.
(2) Total equity/total assets (2014 assets adjusted for effect of bond defeasance).
(3) Total equity/net loan portfolio.
(4) Adjusted EBITDA/interest expense.
(5) Profit before tax/interest income.
(6) Profit from continuing operations/average equity (total equity as of the start and end of each period divided by two).
(7) General administrative expenses/interest income.
(8) Net impairment losses on loans and receivables/interest income.
(9) Non-performing loans with a delay of over 90 days/value of loans issued. The value of loans issued represents loans issued for the two-year period before commencement of the 90 day past-due period, eg for 30 June 2016: 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2016.
|HQ Address:||Lielirbes iela 17a-8, Riga, LV-1046, Latvia|
A conference call with management to discuss these results is scheduled for Wednesday, August 31 at 15:00 UK time. To register, please visit www.4finance.com/investors.
Established in 2008, 4finance is the largest and fastest growing online and mobile consumer lending group in Europe with operations in 15 countries. Putting innovative data-driven analysis into all aspects of the business, 4finance has grown rapidly, issuing over EUR 3 billion in single payment and instalment loans to date.
4finance operates through a portfolio of market leading brands with strong regional presence including Vivus, SMSCredit and Zaplo. A responsible lender, offering simple, convenient and transparent products and service, 4finance is meeting growing customer demand from those under-served by conventional lending.
4finance has group offices in Riga (Latvia), London (UK) and Miami (USA), and currently operates in Argentina, Armenia, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Poland, Romania, Spain, Slovakia and Sweden. To support its international expansion, 4finance continues to pursue a twin-track strategy of strong organic growth bolstered by targeted acquisition.
Forward looking statements
Certain statements in this document are “forward-looking statements”. These statements are based on management’s current expectations and are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. Actual results may differ materially from those included in these statements.
James Etherington, +44 (0)7766 697 950
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
The Valence Group Issues Fairness Opinion to SK Capital in Connection with Archroma18.8.2017 13:30 | Pressemelding
The Valence Group has provided a fairness opinion to SK Capital Partners, LP in connection with its recapitalization of Archroma, including investments made by various affiliates of SK Capital. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. About SK Capital SK Capital is a private investment firm focused on the specialty materials, chemicals and pharmaceutical sectors. The firm builds strong and growing businesses that generate substantial long-term value for its investors. SK Capital utilizes its industry, operating and investment experience to identify opportunities to transform businesses into higher performing companies with improved strategic positioning, growth, profitability and risk profiles. The firm currently has approximately $1.9 billion of assets under management and its portfolio companies generate revenues of over $5.0 billion annually and employ approximat
Biker Summer 2017 campaign: What’s happening during Biker Summer 2017? Moto-tyres.co.uk is giving away exciting prizes!18.8.2017 09:22 | Pressemelding
Whether it’s a short weekend break or a long-distance tour – once again this year Moto-tyres.co.uk is asking bikers from 10 countries about their dream destinations and longest journeys as part of its “Biker Summer 2017” campaign. To ensure than nothing gets in the way of your next tour, the two-wheeler tyre store from Delticom, Europe’s leading online tyre dealer, is entering anyone who completes the survey before 30 September 2017 into a prize draw to win some great biking accessories. Simply answer three short questions about your plans for bike tours this year (don’t forget to provide your name and email address), and with a bit of luck, you might win one of these great prizes. Up for grabs are a GARMIN motorbike GPS system, a GoPro camera with helmet bracket and five 200-Pound vouchers for new motorbike tyres from the online store – thanks to the product range at Moto-tyres.co.uk, eve
Lenovo Continues to Gain Momentum in First Quarter FY 2017/1818.8.2017 00:04 | Pressemelding
Behind the strength of its 3-wave strategy, Lenovo’s business transformation continued to gain traction during the first quarter, delivering solid profitability in its core PC and smart devices business, and revenue and profit improvements in targeted growth areas, including the data center and mobile businesses. Fueled by new investments in people and products, Lenovo’s Data Center Group (DCG) introduced the most comprehensive product lineup in its history, with the new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile portfolio, and continued to build out its end-to-end sales organization. Similarly, Lenovo’s Mobile Business Group launched significant new products led by the Moto Z2 Force, available now on all major U.S. carriers, and ramped up its branding efforts worldwide. “In the first quarter this fiscal year, we had stable performance as we executed our 3-wave strategy with commitment. We
Spirent Tests Wi-Fi Network Performance with O2 at the Coca-Cola London Eye17.8.2017 15:57 | Pressemelding
Spirent Communications plc (LSE:SPT), today announced its Landslide E10 network test platform has been used with O2 to validate the Wi-Fi network performance and capacity at the Coca-Cola London Eye, before the launch of a new smartphone application last month. This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170817005758/en/ Spirent Landslide E10 helped O2 validate Wi-Fi performance and capacity at the Coca-Cola London Eye, before the launch of a new smartphone application last month. (Photo: Busines Wire) Merlin Entertainments plc, operator of the London Eye, wanted to measure its Wi-Fi network performance, to ensure its infrastructure could provide an excellent experience for users of the new app, which puts increased demands on the Wi-Fi network. “The London Eye is a global attractio
Watch BizWireTV: A Camera You Can Wear and Krispy Kreme’s Famous Donuts Get Eclipsed with Chocolate17.8.2017 12:08 | Pressemelding
On BizWireTV, catch some Quick Biz Hits and see the latest in Star Power. Also see what’s happening in the startup world with the Accelerator Report, featuring the VC Watch and this week’s Startup Standout. This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170817005305/en/ BizWireTV is hosted by Jordyn Rolling (Photo: Business Wire Now you can watch BizWireTV, and the latest breakthroughs in tech from the biggest brands, on any screen you want by downloading the new app through the Apple TV and iPhone App Store and Google Play for Android devices. Top of the Wire Introducing FrontRow: the camera re-invented. Watch BizWireTV to see more disruptors as well as the top 5 trending stories of the week! A core c
PsiOxus Therapeutics Announce Two New Board Appointments: New Board Appointments Strengthen Company’s US Presence17.8.2017 07:00 | Pressemelding
PsiOxus Therapeutics, Ltd. (PsiOxus) today announced the appointment of Charles Rowland and Duncan Higgons to the Board of Directors as part of an ongoing drive to expand in the US. Charles Rowland was most recently the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals, a clinical stage pharmaceutical company focused on the global lupus nephritis market. Prior to this, he served as the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of ViroPharma, during which time the company grew into a global biopharmaceutical business with $500 million in annual revenues until it was acquired by Shire plc for $4.2 billion. Before joining ViroPharma, Mr. Rowland was executive Vice President, CFO, and interim co-CEO, for Endo Pharmaceuticals. In his earlier career, Charles held finance and operational positions at Biovail Pharmaceuticals, Breakaway Technologies, Pharmacia
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom