4finance Reports Results for the Six Months Ending 30 June 2016
4finance Holding S.A. (the ‘Group’), Europe’s largest online and mobile consumer lending group, today announces unaudited consolidated results for the six months ending 30 June 2016 (the ‘Period’).
- Revenue up 25% to EUR 182.8 million in the Period compared with EUR 146.1 million in the prior year period.
- Adjusted EBITDA was EUR 62.2 million for the Period, up 15%, leading to an adjusted interest coverage ratio of 4.0x.
- The Group’s profit from continuing operations for the six months to 30 June 2016 was EUR 32.1 million, an increase of 8% from EUR 29.8 million in 2015.
- Average net loan portfolio for the Period, excluding acquisitions, of EUR 305.9 million, up 17% from a year ago.
- Cost to revenue ratio for the Period was 46%, vs. 39% for the six months to 30 June 2015, reflecting a 50% increase in staff numbers and investment across the platform for future growth and geographic / product diversification.
- Financial strength remains solid, with a capital-to-assets ratio of 34% as of 30 June 2016 (37% as of 30 June 2015).
- Credit discipline maintained, with non-performing loans to loan issuance ratio of 9.5% as of 30 June 2016 within expected range given growth of higher return markets with higher non-performing loan ratios.
- The number of registered customers, pre acquisitions, reached 5.3 million as of 30 June 2016, up 32% from a year ago.
- EUR 100 million bond with 5 year maturity issued in May and now listed on the regulated market segment in Frankfurt.
- Continued progress in Instalment Loan rollout with Spain launched in May and Romania in August.
- Strong business performance in Poland and Latvia following implementation of regulatory changes in first quarter.
- Corporate governance enhancements, with roles of Chairman and CEO separated in May and new Supervisory Board established at 4finance Group S.A. level in July.
- Successful completion of TBI Bank acquisition in August following receipt of all regulatory approvals.
- Acquisition of 80% of Friendly Finance, a profitable online consumer lender in five European countries, at end of June to diversify brand portfolio and consolidate market position.
George Georgakopoulos, CEO of 4finance, commented:
"These results for the first half of the year, with revenue up 25% and net profit of EUR 32.1 million, demonstrate steady progress for 4finance in line with our plans. Our diversified business continues to grow at the same time as investing for the future and adapting to market changes.
"We are pleased to have closed two acquisitions that both contribute towards building a long-term sustainable business. TBI Bank is a significant strategic addition to the Group and enhances our overall financial profile. The integration process will be gradual, but the bank gives us immediate scale in Bulgaria and Romania and we can deploy our cutting edge technology to enhance their customer experience and value proposition.
"The Friendly Finance acquisition adds strong brands to our portfolio and their database of over one million registered customers adds to our valuable proprietary data assets. It reinforces our position in core markets such as Poland, Czech Republic and Spain - and as the clear European market leader.
"We see a substantial growth opportunity in coming years as we diversify our portfolio of responsible lending products in Europe and develop in Latin America. The carefully planned investments we are making this year will allow 4finance to capture this opportunity fully."
Key Financial Ratios
|Net loan portfolio (in millions of EUR)(1)||322.7||283.3||308.3||241.4|
|Capital/net loan portfolio(3)||63%||51%||56%||47%|
|Adjusted interest coverage(4)||4.0x||4.1x||4.2x||3.7x|
|Profit before tax margin(5)||21%||26%||23%||27%|
|Return on average equity(6)||34%||37%||41%||54%|
|Net impairment to revenue ratio(8)||26%||26%||25%||25%|
|Non-performing loans to loan issuance ratio(9)||9.5%||8.9%||9.0%||8.8%|
(1) Gross loan portfolio less provisions for bad debts.
(2) Total equity/total assets (2014 assets adjusted for effect of bond defeasance).
(3) Total equity/net loan portfolio.
(4) Adjusted EBITDA/interest expense.
(5) Profit before tax/interest income.
(6) Profit from continuing operations/average equity (total equity as of the start and end of each period divided by two).
(7) General administrative expenses/interest income.
(8) Net impairment losses on loans and receivables/interest income.
(9) Non-performing loans with a delay of over 90 days/value of loans issued. The value of loans issued represents loans issued for the two-year period before commencement of the 90 day past-due period, eg for 30 June 2016: 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2016.
|HQ Address:||Lielirbes iela 17a-8, Riga, LV-1046, Latvia|
A conference call with management to discuss these results is scheduled for Wednesday, August 31 at 15:00 UK time. To register, please visit www.4finance.com/investors.
Established in 2008, 4finance is the largest and fastest growing online and mobile consumer lending group in Europe with operations in 15 countries. Putting innovative data-driven analysis into all aspects of the business, 4finance has grown rapidly, issuing over EUR 3 billion in single payment and instalment loans to date.
4finance operates through a portfolio of market leading brands with strong regional presence including Vivus, SMSCredit and Zaplo. A responsible lender, offering simple, convenient and transparent products and service, 4finance is meeting growing customer demand from those under-served by conventional lending.
4finance has group offices in Riga (Latvia), London (UK) and Miami (USA), and currently operates in Argentina, Armenia, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Poland, Romania, Spain, Slovakia and Sweden. To support its international expansion, 4finance continues to pursue a twin-track strategy of strong organic growth bolstered by targeted acquisition.
Forward looking statements
Certain statements in this document are “forward-looking statements”. These statements are based on management’s current expectations and are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. Actual results may differ materially from those included in these statements.
James Etherington, +44 (0)7766 697 950
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Edgewater Networks Announces Event Sponsorship of BroadSoft Connections 201720.10.2017 21:00 | Pressemelding
Edgewater Networks, Inc., the industry leader in Network Edge Orchestration, announced today that it is an event sponsor of the BroadSoft Connections 2017 user conference, which takes place October 22-25 at the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in Phoenix, AZ. During the event, Edgewater Networks will feature demonstrations of the latest end-to-end network interoperability capabilities, including Zero Touch Provisioning, UC Analytics from the core to the endpoint, SD-WAN optimized for BroadSoft, and much more. Continuing a long-standing partnership with BroadSoft, Edgewater Networks has completed another level of BroadCloud certification, this time for local survivability which is critical for business continuity for SMB and Enterprise customers. BroadSoft’s PacketSmart is available on all EdgeMarc Intelligent Edges. All elements of the Network Edge Orchestration are
More than 70 Companies to Showcase Top Tech at CES Unveiled Paris20.10.2017 15:08 | Pressemelding
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) today announced that more than 70 exhibitors will showcase their latest innovations at the now sold-out fifth annual CES Unveiled Paris The event will focus on the Internet of Things (IoT), connectivity and smart cities, and draw more than 600 attendees. CES Unveiled Paris will run from 2-7:30 PM on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at the Palais Brongniart. Regional technology companies, top-tier media outlets, buyers and key industry influencers will come together at CES Unveiled Paris to get a direct look at the latest industry developments. The day kicks off with a CES news conference and CTA market trends presentation. Conference programming is followed by a tabletop exhibition & networking reception. Curated exhibitors will be there to showcase top tech from robotics and audio to smart home and augmented and virtual reality. Notable
Westinghouse Receives Regulatory Approval for Analysis Methodologies20.10.2017 12:15 | Pressemelding
Westinghouse Electric Company today announced that it has received approval from the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) for two new important analysis methodologies that will be used to upgrade Westinghouse- and Combustion Engineering-based nuclear steam supply system (NSSS) safety analyses. The approvals granted are for the new FULL SPECTRUMTM Loss of Coolant Accident (FSLOCATM) methodology and the Performance Analysis and Design Model software code update, PAD5. FSLOCA is capable of improved modeling of the transient response in a pressurized water reactor to the full spectrum of LOCA break sizes that could occur, and PAD5 is the next generation of the Westinghouse fuel rod design performance code. “These codes were developed to work in concert with each other to maximize analytical margin for nuclear utilities,” said Michele DeWitt, senior vice preside
Gilead Announces Multiple Scientific Presentations Demonstrating High Cure Rates in Difficult-to-Cure HCV Patients and Improved Long-Term Bone and Renal Safety of Vemlidy® in HBV Patients Switched from Viread®20.10.2017 12:03 | Pressemelding
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: GILD) today announced results from Phase 2 and Phase 3 studies of its approved medicines for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) and hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection, adding to the body of evidence supporting Gilead’s viral hepatitis therapies in diverse patient populations. These and other data from more than 25 abstracts will be presented this week at The Liver Meeting® 2017, which begins today in Washington, D.C. Positive results from studies of Harvoni® (ledipasvir 90mg/sofosbuvir 400mg) in HCV-infected patients with severe renal impairment, Epclusa® (sofosbuvir 400mg/velpatasvir 100mg) in HCV-infected liver transplant recipients and Vosevi® (sofosbuvir 400mg/velpatasvir 100mg/voxilaprevir 100mg) in NS5A-inhibitor experienced HCV-infected patients will be presented during poster sessions on October 21 and October 22. In addition, updated results f
Schlumberger Announces Third-Quarter 2017 Results20.10.2017 11:00 | Pressemelding
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB) today reported results for the third quarter of 2017. (Stated in millions, except per share amounts) Three Months Ended Change Sept. 30, 2017 Jun. 30, 2017 Sept. 30, 2016 Sequential Year-on-year
SP3H Announces That It Has Obtained a €1.2 Million European Union Grant for Its Intelligent and Clean Vehicle (VIP) Project20.10.2017 10:47 | Pressemelding
SP3H is proud to announce joining the very select circle of the 10 French winners of the H2020 SME Instrument Phase 2 program since 2014. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171020005325/en/ Last summer VIP received the very prestigious SME instrument phase 2 H2020 label in the "transport & smart cities mobility" category. With an overall budget of € 1.7 million, VIP is subsidized by the European Union at a rate of 70% or €1.2 million. The framework contract was officially signed early October. VIP is the pre-industrialization program for Fuelbox sensors, the world's first miniaturized scanner capable of analyzing the quality of fuels on board vehicles. The heart of the program remains closely linked to the reduction of CO2 and pollutant emissions from vehicle
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom