4finance Reports Results for the Nine Months Ending 30 September 2016
4finance Holding S.A. (the ‘Group’), Europe’s largest online and mobile consumer lending group, today announces unaudited consolidated results for the nine months ending 30 September 2016 (the ‘Period’).
- Revenue up 25% to EUR 287.3 million in the Period compared with EUR 229.3 million in the prior year period.
- Adjusted EBITDA was EUR 101.8 million for the Period, up 16%, leading to an adjusted interest coverage ratio of 4.0x.
- The Group’s profit from continuing operations for the nine months to 30 September 2016 was EUR 49.2 million, an increase of 7% from EUR 46.0 million in 2015.
- Net loan portfolio reached EUR 510.4 million as of 30 September 2016, up 66% during the year.
- Cost to revenue ratio for the Period was 47%, vs. 39% for the nine months to 30 September 2015, reflecting a significant increase in staff numbers during the year, acquisitions and investment for future growth.
- Financial strength remains solid following recent acquisitions, with a capital to assets ratio of 26% as of 30 September 2016 and a capital to net loans ratio of 44%.
- Credit discipline maintained, with a non-performing loans to online loan issuance ratio of 9.6% as of 30 September 2016, within the expected range, and stable asset quality within banking portfolios.
- The number of registered online lending customers reached 5.7 million as of 30 September 2016, up 32% from a year ago, with a further 1.4 million registered banking customers added through TBI Bank.
- Continued product diversification in existing European markets: introduced the line of credit product in Latvia in September (kimbi.lv) and instalment loans in Romania in August (onnen.ro).
- Targeted expansion in new markets: launch of single payment loans in Dominican Republic in August (vivus.com.do).
- TBI Bank purchase finalised and showing a strong financial performance post acquisition in mid-August.
- Friendly Finance delivered 9% of overall Q3 online lending issuance volumes and was profitable for the quarter.
- Developed the responsibleborrowing.com financial education platform with customer advice websites now active in 9 countries.
George Georgakopoulos, CEO of 4finance, commented:
"With revenue growth of 25% and net profit of EUR 49.2 million, our nine months results are further evidence that 4finance is building a strong track record of delivering solid profits whilst growing the business. We have successfully adapted to market changes this year and strengthened our competitive position.
"The acquisitions we have carried out have contributed to profitable growth in the third quarter. Friendly Finance is seeing strong volume growth as we coordinate marketing efforts. TBI Bank is seeing growth in both consumer lending and deposits in a liquid local market.
"We are excited about the potential of our Latin American operations, with more than 1,500 loan applications now processed daily across three countries, over half of which are via smartphone.
"We have invested significantly over the last couple of years in new products, new markets and acquisitions. Our growth plans are well supported and the capabilities are in place to deliver revenue growth and build a diversified, sustainable business."
Key Financial Ratios
|Net loan portfolio (in millions of EUR)(1)||510.4||299.1||308.3||241.4|
|Capital/net loan portfolio(3)||44%||54%||56%||47%|
|Adjusted interest coverage(4)||4.0x||4.2x||4.2x||3.7x|
|Profit before tax margin(5)||22%||26%||23%||27%|
|Return on average equity(6)||33%||45%||41%||54%|
|Net impairment to revenue ratio(8)||24%||25%||25%||25%|
|Non-performing loans to loan issuance ratio(9)||9.6%||9.0%||9.0%||8.8%|
(1) Gross loan portfolio less provisions for bad debts.
(2) Total equity/total assets (2014 assets adjusted for effect of bond defeasance).
(3) Total equity/net loan portfolio.
(4) Adjusted EBITDA/fixed charges (interest expense excluding interest on deposits).
(5) Profit before tax/interest income.
(6) Profit from continuing operations/average equity (total equity as of the start and end of each period divided by two).
(7) General administrative expenses/interest income.
(8) Net impairment losses on loans and receivables/interest income.
(9) Non-performing loans with a delay of over 90 days/value of loans issued, excluding acquisitions. The value of loans issued represents loans issued for the two-year period before commencement of the 90 day past-due period, eg for 30 September 2016: 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2016.
|HQ Address:||Lielirbes iela 17a-8, Riga, LV-1046, Latvia|
A conference call with management to discuss these results is scheduled for Thursday, November 10 at 15:00 UK time. To register, please visit www.4finance.com/investors.
Established in 2008, 4finance is the largest and fastest growing online and mobile consumer lending group in Europe with operations in 16 countries. Putting innovative data-driven analysis into all aspects of the business, 4finance has grown rapidly, issuing over EUR 3.5 billion in single payment and instalment loans to date.
4finance operates through a portfolio of market leading brands with strong regional presence including Vivus, SMSCredit and Zaplo. A responsible lender, offering simple, convenient and transparent products and service, 4finance is meeting growing customer demand from those under-served by conventional lending.
4finance has group offices in Riga (Latvia), London (UK) and Miami (USA), and currently operates in Argentina, Armenia, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, the Dominican Republic, Finland, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Poland, Romania, Spain, Slovakia and Sweden. The group also provides consumer and SME lending through TBI Bank, its EU licensed banking operations in Bulgaria and Romania.
Forward looking statements
Certain statements in this document are “forward-looking statements”. These statements are based on management’s current expectations and are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. Actual results may differ materially from those included in these statements.
+44 (0)7766 697 950
Om Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Følg saker fra Business Wire
Registrer deg med din epostadresse under for å få de nyeste sakene fra Business Wire på epost fortløpende. Du kan melde deg av når som helst.
Siste saker fra Business Wire
Sparkol Launches VideoScribe 318.10.2017 13:24 | Pressemelding
Introducing VideoScribe Version 3 by Sparkol. Already used by over two million people across the world to create engaging explainer videos, Version 3 of the highly intuitive software comes packed full of new features, including: An improved user experience and slick UI - animate easier than ever before Enhanced search - find exactly the image you need in record time Intelligent image recommendations - focus your creativity on your video instead Smoother performance - maximum productivity when using the software VideoScribe customers include the world’s largest brands (HP, BBC, Sky and the University of British Columbia), businesses across every sector, leading education providers, award-winning teachers, charities, campaigners, and coun
Piraeus Bank: Agreement for the Sale of Serbian Operations18.10.2017 13:06 | Pressemelding
Piraeus Bank announces that it has entered into an agreement to sell its Serbian banking and leasing operations to Direktna Banka A.D., a local Serbian banking group that has been strongly growing its presence in the market, for a total cash consideration between €58mn up to €61mn, depending on the financial performance of the divested assets until completion of the transaction, through a combination of direct sale price and simultaneous reduction of capital in Piraeus Bank Beograd AD. The transaction is conditional upon the usual corporate and regulatory approvals, including those of the National Bank of Serbia and the Hellenic Financial Stability Fund. The transaction represents another step towards the implementation of Piraeus Bank’s Restructuring Plan commitments, as those were agreed with the Directorate General of Competition of the European Commission. The transactio
Introducing InVision Studio, The World’s Most Powerful Screen Design Tool18.10.2017 13:01 | Pressemelding
InVision, the product design platform powering the world’s best digital experiences, today introduced Studio, a powerful new tool that will change the way screen design is done. InVision Studio was created by working closely with the world’s best design teams and finding inspiration in how they create beloved digital products. The launch of Studio comes at a time when modern organizations are shaping and redefining entire markets through their focus on digital customer experience. InVision already powers the product design process of more than 3 million people at tens of thousands of companies, including eighty percent of the Fortune 100 and brands like Airbnb, Uber, HBO, Amazon, IBM, Nike, and Slack. This new product reflects a major evolution of the digital product design workflow. With Studio, InVision has developed an end-to-end platform for designing digit
SmartStream and Credit Suisse Expand their Agreement from the Processing of Invoices and Reconciliations to Now Include Listed Derivatives Brokerage Fees18.10.2017 12:00 | Pressemelding
SmartStream Technologies, the financial Transaction Lifecycle Management (TLM®) solutions provider, today announced that its original agreement with Credit Suisse was recently expanded to include the processing of Listed Derivatives Brokerage fees which began in February of this year. This expansion in SmartStream’s partnership with Credit Suisse complements its existing managed service solution for the processing of invoices and reconciliations within Credit Suisse’s OTC Fixed Income Derivatives, US Listed Equity Options and Cash Equities businesses across brokerage, clearing and exchange fees operations, which began in June of 2016. The managed service enables the bank to advance the operational efficiencies created through the use of the utility-based solutions offered by SmartStream, utilizing their proprietary execution fees and expense management software. By centralizing the ent
Biogen Confirms Commitment to Tackle Multiple Sclerosis Through Comprehensive Approach18.10.2017 11:30 | Pressemelding
Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) confirms its comprehensive approach to tackle multiple sclerosis (MS) at the seventh Joint Meeting of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in MS and Americas Committee for Treatment and Research in MS (ECTRIMS-ACTRIMS; 25 – 28 October). “With more than 25 years of scientific leadership in MS, Biogen’s commitment is unwavering,” said Michael Ehlers, executive vice president, Research & Development at Biogen. “Our expertise puts Biogen in a unique position with a comprehensive approach including active research and clinical development on how to repair the damage to the central nervous system from relapsing forms of MS, a portfolio of new drug candidates that we are advancing to the clinic, our collaboration to identify a digital biomarker, our focus to advance understanding of the disease through global data collection with MS PATHS, active pursuit
Scientist.com Collaborates With UKCRC Tissue Directory and Coordination Centre to Ensure Quality of Human Biosample Acquisition Globally18.10.2017 11:01 | Pressemelding
Scientist.com, the world’s leading marketplace for outsourced scientific services, today announced that it is entering into a collaboration with the UKCRC Tissue Directory and Coordination Centre (UKCRC TDCC) to support the work of biobanks throughout the United Kingdom. The partnership will enable drug R&D to move forward more quickly by making large collections of prescreened human biological samples available for scientific research. Through the new COMPLI™ feature, Scientist.com provides a simple, efficient and effective way of increasing the visibility and accessibility of biobanks’ human biological samples collections, which support new medical research. COMPLI™ introduces a common, comprehensive process and supply agreement supporting access to human biosamples. The goal is to enable biobanks to more easily connect with researchers in the pharmaceutical and biotech indust
I vårt presserom finner du alle våre siste saker, kontaktpersoner, bilder, dokumenter og annen relevant informasjon om oss.Besøk vårt presserom